PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Podcasts

parrotheadlois
06-16-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm really growing to like them more and more. I've never been to California - but I'd like to.

Tony and Tom and Nancy and Wayne's voices are becoming familiar and I enjoy their interaction with each other. I know it's harder for them to have a "flow" because they're in different places when they record. But it's getting better and better!

and I really want to go to DL!!
:thumbsup2

ImTooExcitedToSleep
06-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks for listening...still hard to believe people actually listen to us :rotfl:...and thank you for the kind words.

KristEn87
06-16-2011, 11:57 AM
I love listening to the Disneyland Podcasts as well. I never been to Disneyland, but will hopefully be planning a trip there for sometime in November of 2012. Listening gets me excited and prepared for what I may experience! Thanks guys!

*NikkiBell*
06-16-2011, 05:26 PM
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

SamSam
06-16-2011, 05:35 PM
:goodvibesThe Disneyland Podcast is also growing on me. Dh and I have never been, but we visit Southern California on a regular basis and the Disneyland Podcast actually has us considering trying Disneyland.:goodvibes

We've been going to WDW since 1988 (too many times to count) and just were afraid we would be disappointed in Disneyland, now we're thinking it's worth a visit...so, thank you Disneyland Podcast Crew. :goodvibes

*NikkiBell*
06-16-2011, 05:47 PM
I was in the same boat as you until I went to Disneyland for the first time last year (thanks, DIS Unplugged!). It was AMAZING and I actually like it more than WDW, at times. :)

Mary Jo
06-16-2011, 05:53 PM
I've also enjoyed listening to the DL Podcast, and I agree, with each one I enjoy the show even more. :)

Halloweenqueen
06-16-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm a big fan of the Disneyland Podcasts. I had to give DLR a try after hearing about the Orlando crew's DLR trips. I went in October 2010 and have returned to DL 3 more times since!

I discover something new everytime I listen to the Disneyland podcast! I especially love Tony's culinary quests!

PinkBudgie
06-16-2011, 07:33 PM
It's funny to read that people listening to the DLR podcast are having the same reaction I do to the WDW one. I listen to that one but have never gone and I feel like it helps me to know a few of the ins and outs of WDW. So it is neat to see the DLR podcast giving the WDW vets something new to look forward to. :goodvibes

Of course, I love the DLR podcast and I enjoy being able to picture all the places they talk about (as opposed to the WDW one)
Anyway, I think each show gets better and better. I remember the first one had a delay between each person talking and it was hard to understand. I'm so glad that got worked out. Now they have a smooth flow going.

I enjoyed the Star Tours discussion. :)

oc_tony
06-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Thank you so much, everyone. We will keep working at improving our podcast and are glad you are enjoying it. Thanks again!

YellowMickeyPonchos
06-18-2011, 01:43 AM
I want to chime in and say thanks, as well. Podcasting is definitely a learning and growing thing and certainly much different than when we used to record the occasional segment for airing on the Orlando show.

Thanks for sticking with us and we definitely have great stuff coming up later in the year! :banana:

And oh - by the way - visit our Firstgiving page for Tony's Tinkerbell Half Marathon Run for GKTW! :thumbsup2

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/disdlteam/marathon

Daisybelle
06-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Count me in as another fan! :thumbsup2 I love having the podcasts to listen to while I'm out walking. It's been a big help in planning for my upcoming trip! Added bonus--pretty darn funny! ;)

Thanks for the link for Tony's Tinkerbell Half-Marathon, too. I had tried to find it last week but was a little lost as I don't usually venture far from the Disneyland boards.

jennbunn
06-19-2011, 11:08 PM
I love the disneyland shows. It is helping me plan my trip just as much as the orlando show helped me with my past trip to the world. : )

momto2inKC
06-19-2011, 11:26 PM
I really am enjoying the Disneyland podcasts too :thumbsup2 I haven't been to Disneyland (yet) but listening to the podcast is making me want to go!

cindyland
06-20-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm a Californian who has been listening to the podcasts for about a year. I love both (all?) of them.

Favorite things about the DL podcast: "history" stuff (like monorail, pirates, etc.), new stuff (DCA construction), and food. Anything food, it makes me happy!

Keep up the great work. I agree it gets better every week.

YellowMickeyPonchos
06-21-2011, 01:47 AM
We just got done recording this week's show! Hope you guys enjoy it!

*NikkiBell*
06-21-2011, 06:16 PM
:banana::banana::banana:

ImTooExcitedToSleep
06-22-2011, 12:56 PM
We just got done recording this week's show!

That's only 75% true. :rolleyes1

GaSleepingBeautyFan
06-22-2011, 03:39 PM
I just got back from my first DL trip last night. It was fun to see what the DL Podcast team talks about in person.

I know I'll be going back at some point so I will be continuing to listen and enjoying all the info and the comraderie between the team members. :thumbsup2

oc_tony
06-22-2011, 06:35 PM
That's only 75% true. :rolleyes1

Ouch. I guess that means more quality time with the team tonight.

YellowMickeyPonchos
06-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Boy - am I glad I didn't put up a "We're Recording" thread on Monday!

Guess I'll have to do it tonight!

Flynn_Rider
06-24-2011, 02:38 AM
As a Seattle-ite, I think you guys put out the best Disneyland specific material. I'm still catching up on the older shows, but there's a couple topics I'd love for you guys to talk about.
I'd love to hear Wayne give us the history of the old people mover ride and any other rides that were in their spot (rocket racers I believe was there)
Also would be fun to hear you guys discuss what attractions need an upgrade the most.
Tell us about Fantasmic. I once talked to the son of an imagineer and he had all sorts of fun insights on differences between ours and the studios version and changes they've made through the years.
What Disney films would you like to see more representation from and how? (I for one think Alice having Tea Cups and a dark ride is un-fair and know my kids and myself love Robin Hood. That'd be a great change)
And finally, thoughts on Disney weddings. Have you guys been to one, what do they offer, ect.
Keep up the great content!
Mike

TheEpicPancake
06-24-2011, 06:11 PM
I love the Disneyland podcast/team more and more every episode as they become more comfortable with recording/each other. They're developing some great chemistry and are now guilty of making me laugh out loud at work. bahaha

XGrumpy1
06-24-2011, 10:44 PM
I have really been enjoying the Disneyland podcasts. I live in New Mexico but have been to Disneyland many times over the years. Your insights have been very enjoyable for me to listen to while I work. Keep up the good work!

paulasillars
06-25-2011, 02:02 AM
I also very much enjoy the DL podcast. Its been of huge interest recently as we are going to DL next month - especially the restaurant reviews and the information on the rehab at DLH where we are staying.

I really appreciate the time and effort the team go to in order to put the show together. :thumbsup2

GAN
06-25-2011, 05:32 AM
I love the Disneyland podcast/team more and more every episode as they become more comfortable with recording/each other. They're developing some great chemistry and are now guilty of making me laugh out loud at work. bahaha

I couldn't agree more. Great job all!