PDA

View Full Version : Trains, Floods and Gigantic Cicadas...Nothing Will Keep Us From WDW!!!

mtgirl29
06-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Table of Contents

[/URL][URL="http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41505573&postcount=10"]Ready, Set, Go!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=42044226&postcount=114)

Will We Survive the Trains, Floods and Gigantic Cidadas??? (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41565310&postcount=36)

Arrival Day to Disney - Magic Kingdom - May 29, 2011

Arrival Day!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41737267&postcount=57)

Aaarrrrggghhh!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41868053&postcount=72)

Does This Ferry Have A Bathroom??? (to be continued...) (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41932526&postcount=79)

Does This Ferry Have A Bathroom??? (continued) (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41938342&postcount=82)

2nd Day in Disney (full day) - Epcot - May 30, 2011

Rushing to Epcot... (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41970367&postcount=92)

Awww! Finally Some Rest and Relaxation! (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41991912&postcount=98)

I Want to Live Here! (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=42044226&postcount=114)

3rd Day in Disney - DHS- May 31, 2011

A Full Day at DHS (Revenge of the Mickey Ice-Cream Bar) (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43260280&postcount=141)

:welcome: to my CRAZY Trip Report! Many times during this trip things happened that would normally stress me out, but not this time! All I could think when something would happen is, "WOW!!! This is going to be great for my TR!!!"

Let me get the basics out of the way with introductions, so I can dive in to the actual vacation.

First of all, I am TK, the author of this TR and a Stay at Home Mom to two wonderful kiddos....DD - Kay (9) and DS - Jay (5) and wife to DH - Mike

Me - TK

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1953.jpg

DH - Mike

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1988.jpg

Mike is the actual planner of Disney. I let him take the reigns while there and the kids and I affectionately call him "The Drill Sargeant". He can fit more stuff into one day than I would think would be humanly possible, but he does it. While we are actually in Disney, I feel like I am going to collapse and I am always almost in a run to keep up with him. But after the trip, I am glad I was able to accomplish so much and have so many wonderful pics and memories. I have now requested a beach vacation after Disney so I can rest up....:rotfl:

The Kiddos

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1990.jpg

Kay is a lover of all things Disney and has been since she was born and Jay is on the same path. Kay and I have been reading PTR and TR for ages and we really enjoyed them and got us ramped up for our upcoming trip. The kiddos were overly excited to find out we would be spending part of their summer vacation in Disney. We told them in Nov. of '10 before our trip and almost every day lil' Jay would ask if we were going to Disney tomorrow....BLESS HIS LITTLE HEART!:love: Maybe next time we will surprise them, so they don't have to wait soooo long. :rotfl2:

mtgirl29
06-15-2011, 09:57 PM
I Love WDW!!!!!

SimmerBaggins
06-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Awesome that your daughter reads trip reports with you!! :thumbsup2 Signing up to hear your story of overcoming obstacles to get to the WORLD!! :yay:

Lidian
06-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Aww, I'm not first. :(

But at least I'm here! Let's get this party started! party:

lbuzz52
06-16-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm looking forward to reading your report!

ctink23
06-16-2011, 01:04 AM
I'm in! I am interested, and a little terrified, to find out why the giant cicadas are in the title. Those things scare me.:rotfl2:

MARsMama
06-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Joining in:thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear all about your trip:)

TinksThree
06-16-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm here!! :yay: I can't wait to hear what could have stressed you! Disney has a way of changing our perspectives, doesn't it?! My DH does NO planning although he has threatend to when I skip something he wanted to do but never informed me that he actually liked it previously!!

mtgirl29
06-16-2011, 04:34 PM
:grouphug: WELCOME!!!! Simmerbaggins, Lidian, lbuzz52, ctink23, MARsMama and TinksThree!!!!

I am so glad I actually have some readers!!!:woohoo: I am downloading my 350+ pics into Photobucket and then I am going to get this party started. party:party:party:

mtgirl29
06-16-2011, 10:05 PM
We had planned to leave on Saturday, May 28th, bright and early.
The day before we left, which was a Friday, was pretty hectic. We had to be at the car rental company early because it was Memorial Day weekend and we knew that a lot of people would be traveling and getting rentals. On top of that, with all the devastation with all the tornados and people's cars being demolished, it seems like everyone was needing a car that Friday morning. The place was crawling with people and everyone seemed to be moving very slowly. :eek: We waited and waited some more until we finally got a car. It was a Chevy Equinox. It wasn't a bad car but smaller than we had anticipated. It also didn't have the auxillary option on the radio, so DH was very bummed because his beloved Zune (kind of like an iPod) wouldn't be compatible. (This man would marry his Zune if he could. He lives on that thing. :rolleyes:) The SUV also had some hail damage and the license plate looks like it is about to fall off. It kind of felt like we were given the bottom of the barrel. The rental guy appologized and said that they usually don't rent out cars with hail damage but the were getting desperate because they were getting low on cars. REALLY?!?! (it is not like we hadn't reserved a car 2 months earlier on their website and also called....uuuggghh!) We were a little bummed, to say the least. :sad2: So Hubs has the bright idea :idea: to talk with a manager and tell him the SUV we got was a little smaller than we expected and wondered if they had something a little larger and VOILA....he brings us over to a Tahoe in much better condition. It looks huge and.... VIOLA..... it has the special auxillary hook-up that DH wanted and now we be living the life with tunes and all. It would be more $$$, but DH thought it would definitely be worth it for the auxillary hook up...:lmao: Here is a pic of our rental.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1987.jpg

This SUV seemed huge when we first took it off the lot. I currently drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee and this Tahoe seemed much more bigger than that. Hubs drives a Hyundai Sante Fe (which is smaller than my Jeep) so he thought it was HUGE. I ended up driving off the lot following hubs and there were some people parked and talking on either side of the drive to get back to the highway and I prayed I would not mow them over....:lmao: It literally felt like I was driving a bus. I was happy to know that all my stuff would definitely fit, but not at the aspect of it being a gas hog.

After we picked up the rental we ran over to Kohl's. I had $40 Kohl's Cash that expired while we would be on vacay. So we stopped in and DH picked up some swim flipflops and sunglasses. I found a swim shirt (the one that has built in sunscreen). So we paid and then I ran to walmart and got some drinks and snacks to bring to on our trip and for our room. When we got home I ran over the dogs kennel, food and beds to my mom's house. Got home and ran the dogs over to my mom's in my jeep (not to get dog hair in the rental) and then I came home and got dinner ready and then got the kids in the shower and to bed by 8 pm. DD whined that was still light out. I told her she would be happy tomorrow when she had to get up so early. I finished up the laundry and cleaned. I hate coming home to a messy house. :headache: Mike and I didn't get to bed until midnight. It seems like we just got to sleep and the alarm went off at 3am. We hopped up and showered, finished getting all the luggage in the car and getting the cats squared away with extra food, water and litter boxes and then woke the kiddos at about 4:30am.

I have pics of their sweet little faces when we first woke them. Heeeee! :rotfl2:

Kay first thing in the morning
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1982.jpg

Jay
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1983.jpg

Jay after we reminded him we were going to Disney!
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1984.jpg

He danced around for about a minute before the above pic was taken singing, "I'm going to Disney!!"

I had the kids just sleep in the shirts they were wearing the next morning and had the in jammie pants. I wanted them to be able to quickly get their shorts on the next morning so we could get on the road quickly.

A pic of the kiddos once we are on the road.
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1986.jpg

We just pulled out onto a back road off from our subdivision and Hubs states he forgot something. ARE WE EVER GOING TO GET ON THE ACTUAL HIGHWAY!!! I was like, "Come on!"
So we turned a round and went back and it seemed DH was in the house for hours, even though it was only about 5 minutes. He returned, hopped in the car and we were off.....for real this time. :woohoo: We left about 5:15am.

Our first stop was QT to fuel up the party bus which was like $80 bucks and the tank wasn't even empty.....:scared1: We just kept reassuring each other that it was still cheaper than flying....RIGHT?!?

We drove until around 9 am then stopped at Burger King and got some breakfast sandwiches through the drive thru and then we were off again.

Will we survive the trains, floods and GIGANTIC cicadas??? Up next.....

ctink23
06-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Wow, you were busy the day before you left! I also like to come back to a clean house, so I would have stayed up cleaning, too!

And it is definitely difficult to drive a big car when you are used to something smaller. I drive a small compact car and when I would have to drive a mini-van (I babysat for three kids), I would always feel like I was driving a bus. I eventually had to learn to parallel park it, too, which was interesting.:rolleyes:

Your kids look so excited! I love the "I'm going to Disney" song face!

Excited to hear about the drive down!

Lidian
06-16-2011, 11:22 PM
I feel ya on the gas tank. After we finished filling up, we did the math ... and I could have gotten us on a plane for about $200 more dollars! Sheesh!

So what did DH forget that he had to go back in for "hours"? :lmao:

And they shouldn't have charged you for the upgrade since the one they gave you was in poor condition. Why didn't your DH put his foot down and stuff? I would have. :p

Thats cute that Jay was dancing around singing! :cloud9:

Guess I'll have to keep reading if I want to find out if you survive the trains, floods, and scary bugs! :scared1:

mtgirl29
06-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Wow, you were busy the day before you left! I also like to come back to a clean house, so I would have stayed up cleaning, too!

And it is definitely difficult to drive a big car when you are used to something smaller. I drive a small compact car and when I would have to drive a mini-van (I babysat for three kids), I would always feel like I was driving a bus. I eventually had to learn to parallel park it, too, which was interesting.:rolleyes:

Your kids look so excited! I love the "I'm going to Disney" song face!

Excited to hear about the drive down!

Wow! You paralleled parked a big vehicle. :worship: I cannot even parallel park my Jeep. Well, actually, I have a hard time parallel parking period. They now have these new cars out that parallel park for you. Maybe I should get one of those....:lmao:

The drive down was quite the adventure. I made sure to take plenty of pics.
I am so glad to have you on board. :goodvibes

I feel ya on the gas tank. After we finished filling up, we did the math ... and I could have gotten us on a plane for about $200 more dollars! Sheesh!

So what did DH forget that he had to go back in for "hours"? :lmao:

And they shouldn't have charged you for the upgrade since the one they gave you was in poor condition. Why didn't your DH put his foot down and stuff? I would have. :p

Thats cute that Jay was dancing around singing! :cloud9:

Guess I'll have to keep reading if I want to find out if you survive the trains, floods, and scary bugs! :scared1:

I know if we truly figured it up with the car rental (larger at that and more $$$) gas, lodging and time....it very well might have been more cost efficient to fly. We will definitely have to run the numbers next time. The only advantage though was that we had transportation while in WDW and for our trip to the beach and the trunk was sooo big I could have packed up the house (and I almost did ;))

We were a little astounded at how crazy the rental place was. Mike had talked with his friend that knows one of the managers there, too, and we did get quite a nice discount since DH works for the company, too. So it all worked out. But we were stressed out while we were there. People were throwing fits all over the place and all the workers looked like they were sweating bullets. We kind of felt sorry for the employees.

Jay was sooo excited! I am sure he had felt like he had waited for years to go....:laughing:

I will give you this little hint: The cicadas in mid-Tennessee were HUGE. They put the ones here in MO to shame. The ones here are tiny in comparison. I have pics. Cannot wait to share.

Singledad
06-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Did you go deaf by the cicadas? You left the day I checked into CBR!

I can't wait to read more...

mtgirl29
06-17-2011, 01:02 AM
Did you go deaf by the cicadas? You left the day I checked into CBR!

I can't wait to read more...

:welcome: Singledad!!!
They were crazy loud here. Did you all have any in Wisconsin? We really lucked out though, because apparently they were at their peak in Missouri while we were in FL. :woohoo: All my friends kept posting on their FB pages that they would kind of attack them while mowing the grass. (apparently they are attracted to the humming noise - but they don't bite) When we got home they were covering the ground.....most of them dead. You can still hear them in the heat of the day but they are getting a lot less loud.
Did you like CBR??? We were in the pirate section and it was 100 miles from the pool and everything else. I see you have a TR cannot wait to check it out!

Singledad
06-17-2011, 01:21 AM
:welcome: Singledad!!!
They were crazy loud here. Did you all have any in Wisconsin? We really lucked out though, because apparently they were at their peak in Missouri while we were in FL. :woohoo: All my friends kept posting on their FB pages that they would kind of attack them while mowing the grass. (apparently they are attracted to the humming noise - but they don't bite) When we got home they were covering the ground.....most of them dead. You can still hear them in the heat of the day but they are getting a lot less loud.
Did you like CBR??? We were in the pirate section and it was 100 miles from the pool and everything else. I see you have a TR cannot wait to check it out!

I have yet to hear one in this state, but having traveled in June to other states, I've certainly have heard and seen them. I am GLAD I don't have them this far north. DD would be freaked by the noise.

We were in Aruba, and I am sad to admit we didn't spend much time at all at the resort. What I did see I liked! If I ever hit the lotto (that I don't play) I'll make sure to have a dis trip with resort days. However, I still don't think that will happen, as I discovered what makes my daughter rash at Disney... :sad1: You'll just have to keep reading the TR to hear about that.

Lidian
06-17-2011, 02:30 AM
I know if we truly figured it up with the car rental (larger at that and more $$$) gas, lodging and time....it very well might have been more cost efficient to fly. We will definitely have to run the numbers next time. The only advantage though was that we had transportation while in WDW and for our trip to the beach and the trunk was sooo big I could have packed up the house (and I almost did ;))

We were a little astounded at how crazy the rental place was. Mike had talked with his friend that knows one of the managers there, too, and we did get quite a nice discount since DH works for the company, too. So it all worked out. But we were stressed out while we were there. People were throwing fits all over the place and all the workers looked like they were sweating bullets. We kind of felt sorry for the employees.

Jay was sooo excited! I am sure he had felt like he had waited for years to go....:laughing:

I will give you this little hint: The cicadas in mid-Tennessee were HUGE. They put the ones here in MO to shame. The ones here are tiny in comparison. I have pics. Cannot wait to share.

Wow... glad I don't live in Mid-TN then! :scared1: But that was good that you had a vehicle for your beach trip and not have to worry about making things fit into limited suitcases for flying. :thumbsup2

However, I still don't think that will happen, as I discovered what makes my daughter rash at Disney... :sad1: You'll just have to keep reading the TR to hear about that.

Oh no! So sorry to hear! :( I'm glad that you figured it out though ... but hate that it existed in the first place. I'll obviously be following along so I can hear about it. And doesn't Disney know she's too cute to be given rashes? :goodvibes

Corrine 1973
06-17-2011, 10:50 AM
So I rushed right over when you told me you started your TR on my TR and I am still on page #2.:headache: Oh well, better late than never right. It seems I have been a little late to everyones TR.:confused3

What a great start to your TR. You definatly got me hooked.:thumbsup2 I am loving the pics of the kids just waking up in the morning.:lmao:

Your SUV looks great. I bet the extra money was worth having all that extra room. I admite that I didn't even think about driving to WDW. There is no way that I could have driven for cheaper with gas prices, eating on the road (though we could have had a cooler), and having to pay for a hotel at least on night. Plus just being me able to drive I don't know how well I would have done with the 20 hour drive.:scared1:

I don't remember seeing/hearing any cicada activitly hear since we got back.:confused3

Can't wait to read more and to see those pics.:thumbsup2

mrssmith06
06-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Yay, I'm here and reading along! popcorn::

lbuzz52
06-17-2011, 02:23 PM
I never even thought about how all the recent tornados could affect the rental cars. yikes, those employees probably were not having fun!

i'm glad the cicadas have stayed away from us. dd would probably wear a beekeeper's suit. :lmao: she is such a bug hater.

i can't wait to hear your CBR thoughts. it tends to be loved or hated.

Singledad
06-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Your SUV looks great. I bet the extra money was worth having all that extra room. I admite that I didn't even think about driving to WDW. There is no way that I could have driven for cheaper with gas prices, eating on the road (though we could have had a cooler), and having to pay for a hotel at least on night. Plus just being me able to drive I don't know how well I would have done with the 20 hour drive.:scared1:

sorry for small thread jack, but maybe in 2012 when we go, we could take a rental down and share the driving. I have no problem driving all night, if you are willing to drive during the day! I just like the convienice of flying. but it would be kinda fun to road trip it too. maybe plan a few hours in another town to check out some sites. (Last time I road tripped i stopped at a cave. I love caves though, so you, your little one, and my little one may not love stopping to see a cave as much as I do.)

TinksThree
06-17-2011, 09:25 PM
It is much cheaper for us to drive but I wish I could fly. It would have been over $2000 just to fly!! Couldn't fathom doing that!!

Glad you got a better vehicle though! I am sure the larger size was definitely worth the extra cash!

I love the pictures of the kids...excitement even pre-daybreak!!! :goodvibes

MARsMama
06-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Love the 'wake up' photos of the kids!! We have ones like that of our kids on Christmas mornings!
Hearing about your drive is making me wish we were driving again. I really enjoyed our 4-5day trip down, but with the good deals we got on our flights it was definitely cheaper for us to fly this time.
Can't wait to hear more. We don't have cicadas here, so I'm not even sure what they are. We have june bugs though and Dh is terrified of them.....even though he knows they can't hurt you!!:lmao:

Lidian
06-18-2011, 12:06 PM
June bugs. :scared1: Now I must curl into the fetal position and rock until I get the picture of them out of my head. :lmao:

Corrine 1973
06-18-2011, 12:20 PM
June bugs. :scared1: Now I must curl into the fetal position and rock until I get the picture of them out of my head. :lmao:

I have to agree with you there.:hug: Just go to your happy place, everything will be alright. :lmao::lmao:

MARsMama
06-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Really? June bugs bother you?! I thought Dh was the odd man out, but it's looking like I am as they don't bother me at all. Used to go out in the evening when we were kids specifically to catch the june bugs!:eek:

mtgirl29
06-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Well, these cicadas, with their bulging red eyes, make Junebugs look like sweet, newborn kittens. I will sending some to MARsMama's hubby and Lidian.....bwwwwaaaaahhhhhaaaa! :lmao:

Corrine 1973
06-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Well, these cicadas, with their bulging red eyes, make Junebugs look like sweet, newborn kittens. I will sending some to MARsMama's hubby and Lidian.....bwwwwaaaaahhhhhaaaa! :lmao:

:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl:
:worship::worship:

Lidian
06-18-2011, 06:17 PM

:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl:
:worship::worship:

See if I share my ECV with you. :sad:

And I'm taking all my popcorn back now, Corrine! popcorn::

:lmao::rotfl2:

Okay, sidetracked, but semi-related .... we all went to visit Granny today. There was a dead bug in the window sill in the bathroom. I made DH get it out before I'd go in there. Yup. That's how much bugs bother me. And I can't look at ANYTHING in the Conservation Station at AK - except the turtles. I can handle them. Now to go to my happy place since I'm thinking bugs. :scared1:

teacher1717
06-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Can't wait to read about your adventures! We are headed down (from Jersey) in an equinox (although ours has the aux. plug) and it seems HUGE compared to my little tracker from last year.

mtgirl29
06-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Can't wait to read about your adventures! We are headed down (from Jersey) in an equinox (although ours has the aux. plug) and it seems HUGE compared to my little tracker from last year.

:welcome: So glad you are following along. I thought the Equinox was so cute sans the hail damage and loose license plate. :lmao: We would have definitely taken it if it had an aux. plug, though. We would have just used our roof top carrier because I don't know how to pack light. :lmao:

mtgirl29
06-18-2011, 11:25 PM
See if I share my ECV with you. :sad:

And I'm taking all my popcorn back now, Corrine! popcorn::

:lmao::rotfl2:

Okay, sidetracked, but semi-related .... we all went to visit Granny today. There was a dead bug in the window sill in the bathroom. I made DH get it out before I'd go in there. Yup. That's how much bugs bother me. And I can't look at ANYTHING in the Conservation Station at AK - except the turtles. I can handle them. Now to go to my happy place since I'm thinking bugs. :scared1:

HAAAA! Corrine! :lmao: I like your sense of humor!!!

Lidian - I hate bugs, too! I have a major horsefly phobia. Anything that makes that buzzing sound FREAKS ME OUT!!! and Junebugs would be on that list.

Just between my DISfriends and myself, (DH would kill me if he knew I was spilling the beans on here) when the 13 yr. cicadas where here (the same brood as this year) in '98, DH and I were married for just under 1 yr. so we were newlyweds. AAAHHHH! What memories....:cloud9: He was cutting grass and one got trapped in his shirt. As soon as he came in it started screaming or doing whatever sound they make and he started flipping out and running around shaking his shirt and threw out his neck. :lmao::rotfl2: So I know someone else who really doesn't like them......:rotfl: Boy, that really creates a funny picture. I wish I would of had my video camera. :lmao: Now sssshhhh! He reads my thread from time to time. I hope he doesn't see this.:eek:

MARsMama
06-19-2011, 09:11 AM

:rotfl: Although I have never seen cicadas, and may very well be frightened of them myself, I would love to see Dh's expression on coming in contact with them!!

Lidian
06-19-2011, 11:43 AM
HAAAA! Corrine! :lmao: I like your sense of humor!!!

Lidian - I hate bugs, too! I have a major horsefly phobia. Anything that makes that buzzing sound FREAKS ME OUT!!! and Junebugs would be on that list.

Just between my DISfriends and myself, (DH would kill me if he knew I was spilling the beans on here) when the 13 yr. cicadas where here (the same brood as this year) in '98, DH and I were married for just under 1 yr. so we were newlyweds. AAAHHHH! What memories....:cloud9: He was cutting grass and one got trapped in his shirt. As soon as he came in it started screaming or doing whatever sound they make and he started flipping out and running around shaking his shirt and threw out his neck. :lmao::rotfl2: So I know someone else who really doesn't like them......:rotfl: Boy, that really creates a funny picture. I wish I would of had my video camera. :lmao: Now sssshhhh! He reads my thread from time to time. I hope he doesn't see this.:eek:

Poor Mike! I would have done the same thing, though. But I would have gotten so stressed over it, it probably would have made me ill, too!

I have thick, curly hair ... I remember one year a June bug flew into my hair and got stuck! :scared1: I was bawling while one of my sisters was trying to dig it out. :sad2:

P.S. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, MIKE!

mtgirl29
06-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Poor Mike! I would have done the same thing, though. But I would have gotten so stressed over it, it probably would have made me ill, too!

I have thick, curly hair ... I remember one year a June bug flew into my hair and got stuck! :scared1: I was bawling while one of my sisters was trying to dig it out. :sad2:

P.S. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, MIKE!

June bugs stuck in the hair is the worst.....

mtgirl29
06-21-2011, 09:53 PM
When I last left off I was telling about how we finally got on the road and stopped for BK for breakfast....after that we drove and then we drove some more. Then finally we crossed over into Illinois via this lovely bridge.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1991.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1992.jpg

Two separate times we came up to a railroad crossing and 2xs we had to stop because of a train. REALLY??? This has never happened before. I have rarely been stopped because of a train and then to have it happen twice. WEIRD! I guess if I lived near a train station or an actual RR crossing it would probably be more probable, though. :rotfl2:

Here's some pics of the trains:

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1997.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1999.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1995.jpg

Then we drive through this small little Illinois town called Cairo. (thanks to Tom Tom - we took some back roads) It looks like a ghost town. From the looks of this place it was once was a thriving, hustling bustling community but something has happened to it and as we continue to drive we discover that there is some major flooding going on. DH pulled out his phone and I researched the town and found out that it used to be a pretty big deal in its hay day of the early 1900 and am very sad to see all this devastation. Apparently, with all the recent raining the Mississippi River had started to flood and the town had be evacuated.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1994.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1993.jpg

It seemed like a lot of the farming communities had been flooded with water.
We lucked out and were able to pass on many recently impassible roads. (from the signage that had been pulled to the sides of the roads the flood had covered many of the main thorough fares)

Well, we passed through Kentucky without any problems and then crossed over into Tennessee. We drove for quite awhile and all of sudden our window on our SUV seemed very dirty. I notice the bugs were really buzzing around the interstate. At first DH thought it might be migrating butterflies and then we got a better look when one of these got jammed under the windshield wiper.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2000.jpg

Here is a better picture of what was on our windshield.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/Brood20X20Cicada-1.jpg (just for Lidian - isn't he cute!!! lol!!! He only has "red" eyes for you! :) )

The funny thing is that they forecasting these scary cicadas for us in St. Louis and I was so happy that we were getting out of town just in time and then we run into these bugs and they are the same kind of cicadas but seem so much bigger.

We stopped at a McDonald's for lunch a while after the discovery of the cicadas. They were buzzing around like crazy and my DD almost had an absolute freak out when she got out of the car. We both had to use the rest room, so her and I went together only to discover one of those giant cicadas in the bathroom stall. Thank goodness it was dead, though. DD was still freaked out and stated that it was staring at her with its beaty red eyes while she was using the facilities. :rotfl2:

We drove and drove some more and then had a snack at Krystal's. Hubby wanted to stop there since we don't have any of them back home. (I think they are very similar to White Castles) And then we drove, drove and drove and finally arrived at our hotel at around 8 pm. We drove for approx. 13 hours and we were bushed! We stayed at a Days Inn in Valdosta GA. It wasn't the nicest place. It had a very strong musty smell in the room, but we were so tired we didn't care. We unloaded our bags then went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner and then back to the room to get to bed so we could get up early and continue our journey to WDW. :cool1:

What time would we make it to the World? Would our room be ready? Stay tuned......

mrssmith06
06-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Ewwww @ the bugs!!!!! :scared1:

Can't wait to read about your arrival at Disney! popcorn::

mtgirl29
06-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Ewwww @ the bugs!!!!! :scared1:

Can't wait to read about your arrival at Disney! popcorn::

I know aren't they GROSS!
Cannot wait to relive the arrival day at Disney!!! :cool1:
The TR keeps it alive!

Lidian
06-21-2011, 11:12 PM
TK, I am totally unfriending you now for that post. :headache:

No, I'm totally joking. :lmao::rotfl2: Those are some SCARY bugs. And I'm with Kay, I can't go if there's a bug staring me down ... dead or alive! :scared1:

What voice did you use for your GPS? Tell me you went Darth Vader. :rotfl2:

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

mtgirl29
06-21-2011, 11:40 PM
TK, I am totally unfriending you now for that post. :headache:

No, I'm totally joking. :lmao::rotfl2: Those are some SCARY bugs. And I'm with Kay, I can't go if there's a bug staring me down ... dead or alive! :scared1:

What voice did you use for your GPS? Tell me you went Darth Vader. :rotfl2:

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

:lmao:Lidian, I knew you would appreciate these bugs more than anyone else.....lol!!!! I told you they were scary! :scared1: Anyway you move it looks like it is peering at you with those big bulging red eyes. ICK!

Actually, we didn't use any special voices, we just used the regular annoying woman's voice that it is defaulted to. We actually had it turned down for most of the trip so we didn't have to hear her nagging us to turn here or there. Mike had his beloved Zune, so we just listened to "his choice" of music the whole way down.

Cannot wait to start the next portion. I want to continue, but don't want to get done too soon. It is bitter sweet, because it is like I have another chance to relive it before it is all over. :sad1:

BEES guy
06-22-2011, 12:36 AM
If you truly believe nothing will keep you from visiting the Magic Kingdom. Love the stories

Corrine 1973
06-22-2011, 10:44 AM
I am just loving your update on your TR. I don't think that I will be rereading it anytime soon though. I think that pic of that Cicada is going to be giving me nightmares.:scared1: I have grown up loving the outdoors and camping, but that thing would have had me running back to the car for mommy.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Were you thinking of your Disfriend when you passed through Illinois? :rotfl:
The flooding in Southern Illinois was just horrible with flooding of the mississippi. Luckily we live close to Lake Michagan with the mississippi being several hours to the west and had only minor flooding.:goodvibes

Can't wait to read more.:thumbsup2

lbuzz52
06-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Cairo is still a decent sized town if i understand. They did suffer a lot of hardship with the flooding. There is a levee there, and the Army Corp of Engineers blasted it. The thinking was that flooding the farmland and the surrounding homes actually saved many, many more homes and businesses a little further down the river.

I wouldn't have been able to do my business with the cicadas staring at me either!!!

mtgirl29
06-22-2011, 11:49 AM
If you truly believe nothing will keep you from visiting the Magic Kingdom. Love the stories

:welcome:BEES guy!!! Thanks for reading along. Glad you are enjoying it.

I am just loving your update on your TR. I don't think that I will be rereading it anytime soon though. I think that pic of that Cicada is going to be giving me nightmares.:scared1: I have grown up loving the outdoors and camping, but that thing would have had me running back to the car for mommy.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Were you thinking of your Disfriend when you passed through Illinois? :rotfl:
The flooding in Southern Illinois was just horrible with flooding of the mississippi. Luckily we live close to Lake Michagan with the mississippi being several hours to the west and had only minor flooding.:goodvibes

Can't wait to read more.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the compliments on my TR!!! Glad you are LOVING the big cicada pic!! :lmao: I tell you those cicadas are harmless, but they are so scary looking it would make anyone go running....:rotfl2: Good thing they only stick around for about 6 weeks. My kiddos will not go outside when they see those things flying around. :rotfl:

I did think about you, Corrine, when I passed through IL. I waved :wave2: Good thing you didn't have to deal with that flood. It looked terrible.

Cairo is still a decent sized town if i understand. They did suffer a lot of hardship with the flooding. There is a levee there, and the Army Corp of Engineers blasted it. The thinking was that flooding the farmland and the surrounding homes actually saved many, many more homes and businesses a little further down the river.

I wouldn't have been able to do my business with the cicadas staring at me either!!!

Thanks for the info. lbuzz52. I was telling my sister about the flooding and she had also said that about the levee. They had a lot of news coverage about it here in St. louis, while we were in Orlando. Apparently, there was a lot of debate over blasting it. The residence were angry about flooding some to save others. It seems llike a bad situation all the way around.

Yes, the cicadas were creepy. I am getting spooked just by scrolling down my TR. I guess, I should have made that pic a little smaller.....:rotfl2: It truly does look GIGANTIC in that pic. :lmao:

SimmerBaggins
06-22-2011, 10:17 PM
I think you definitely lived up to the cicada speculation!! :laughing: Those bugs are all over where I live, but they don't have red eyes, just green! I was surprised at your picture, but it's a good one.

I'm going to be weird here and say that we would take the exoskeletons of the cicadas when I was a kid, and stick them to our clothes. You could find their exploded skins still latched on to trees and bushes, and we had a blast with them! I know, it's creepy...but to this day, I can't touch a live cicada. When they start that buzzing -- EWWW!!! :scared1:

;)

Thanks for the great story-telling! Especially regarding the historic flooding ... how odd it must have felt to go through there.

Kat in GA
06-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Joining in!

We have lots of cicadas. I can hear them buzzing outside my windows every night. And sometimes my cats bring them into the house to play - they are grand kitty toys ;) But...these are more green and have no bulging red eyes!

I have a bunch of cousins in Missouri - in Perryville, Cape Girardeau, and in Wickliffe, KY. I remember going through Cairo when I visited them. That is where the main fault line is - where we might have the massive earthquake in the middle of the country. Good times ;)

Can't wait to hear more!!

ctink23
06-23-2011, 08:13 PM
I am glad that Tom Tom did not get you lost on those back roads! One time, my GPS made me go in a complete circle when I was on back roads in Tennessee (with no way out, except to go around the circle again).

I am with your DD. I totally would have been freaked out by the cicadas. Migrating butterflies would have been WAY better! Glad you made it to you next destination after a long day of driving! Almost there!

mtgirl29
06-24-2011, 11:19 AM
I think you definitely lived up to the cicada speculation!! :laughing: Those bugs are all over where I live, but they don't have red eyes, just green! I was surprised at your picture, but it's a good one.

I'm going to be weird here and say that we would take the exoskeletons of the cicadas when I was a kid, and stick them to our clothes. You could find their exploded skins still latched on to trees and bushes, and we had a blast with them! I know, it's creepy...but to this day, I can't touch a live cicada. When they start that buzzing -- EWWW!!! :scared1:

;)

Thanks for the great story-telling! Especially regarding the historic flooding ... how odd it must have felt to go through there.

These particular cicadas we have here are the 13 year brood (Brood X). They are also known as the Periodical Cicadas. The last time they were in our area was 1998. We had both the 13 year and 17 year broods at that time. Talk about INFESTATION!!! It is kind of neat that they (the red eye version) only come out every 13/17 years. We also have the annual cicada that comes out in August (The dog days of summer). They are black with dark eyes and are not as abundant, but are much larger than the periodicals. :scared1:
Aren't you glad you stopped by for the science class....:lmao: LOL!

I remember as a child picking up the exoskeletons and crunching them and picking them off the trees. OHHHH! How times have changed, I couldn't pick up a live one, either. :rotfl2:

Thanks for the compliments on the story telling. :cloud9:

Joining in!

We have lots of cicadas. I can hear them buzzing outside my windows every night. And sometimes my cats bring them into the house to play - they are grand kitty toys ;) But...these are more green and have no bulging red eyes!

I have a bunch of cousins in Missouri - in Perryville, Cape Girardeau, and in Wickliffe, KY. I remember going through Cairo when I visited them. That is where the main fault line is - where we might have the massive earthquake in the middle of the country. Good times ;)

Can't wait to hear more!!

:wave: Hi! Kat in GA, thanks for joining in!!! So glad you are here!

Yes, the animals :lovestrucLOVE:love: the cicadas and apparently the birds are having a feast on them, too! There was an ice-cream parlor in Cape that was serving Cicada ice-cream.....:eek: Apparent the FDA made them take it off the market because of health concerns. Can you imagine eating it and getting a chunk of those tissue paper wings or a red eye...:eek: Doesn't sound the least bit appealing to me, how about you? :lmao:

Yes, the New Madrid fault line is scary stuff! :scared1: I did a research paper in college on it. I hope it continues to stay put.

I am glad that Tom Tom did not get you lost on those back roads! One time, my GPS made me go in a complete circle when I was on back roads in Tennessee (with no way out, except to go around the circle again).

I am with your DD. I totally would have been freaked out by the cicadas. Migrating butterflies would have been WAY better! Glad you made it to you next destination after a long day of driving! Almost there!

Tom Tom did play a few tricks on us, as well. It always seem like it would happen in the city in the thick of traffic. :drive: It directed us to turn and then as soon as we would turn it would immediately tell us to turn around and get back on the interstate. :scratchin It was very frustrating! Other than that it did a pretty good job at getting us from point A to point B.

My next post should get us to WDW! :woohoo:
Thanks for following along!! :goodvibes

Pimama
06-25-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm hooked. These TR are too much fun but I need to stop looking at new ones- I can't follow them all!! Thanks for sharing (though you really don't need to share any more bug pics....eeww). JK, I can take it, bring it on.

WendyWuWu
06-25-2011, 01:49 PM
When I last left off I was telling about how we finally got on the road and stopped for BK for breakfast....after that we drove and then we drove some more. Then finally we crossed over into Illinois via this lovely bridge.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1991.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1992.jpg

Two separate times we came up to a railroad crossing and 2xs we had to stop because of a train. REALLY??? This has never happened before. I have rarely been stopped because of a train and then to have it happen twice. WEIRD! I guess if I lived near a train station or an actual RR crossing it would probably be more probable, though. :rotfl2:

Here's some pics of the trains:

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1997.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1999.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1995.jpg

Then we drive through this small little Illinois town called Cairo. (thanks to Tom Tom - we took some back roads) It looks like a ghost town. From the looks of this place it was once was a thriving, hustling bustling community but something has happened to it and as we continue to drive we discover that there is some major flooding going on. DH pulled out his phone and I researched the town and found out that it used to be a pretty big deal in its hay day of the early 1900 and am very sad to see all this devastation. Apparently, with all the recent raining the Mississippi River had started to flood and the town had be evacuated.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1994.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_1993.jpg

It seemed like a lot of the farming communities had been flooded with water.
We lucked out and were able to pass on many recently impassible roads. (from the signage that had been pulled to the sides of the roads the flood had covered many of the main thorough fares)

Well, we passed through Kentucky without any problems and then crossed over into Tennessee. We drove for quite awhile and all of sudden our window on our SUV seemed very dirty. I notice the bugs were really buzzing around the interstate. At first DH thought it might be migrating butterflies and then we got a better look when one of these got jammed under the windshield wiper.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2000.jpg

Here is a better picture of what was on our windshield.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/Brood20X20Cicada-1.jpg (just for Lidian - isn't he cute!!! lol!!! He only has "red" eyes for you! :) )

The funny thing is that they forecasting these scary cicadas for us in St. Louis and I was so happy that we were getting out of town just in time and then we run into these bugs and they are the same kind of cicadas but seem so much bigger.

We stopped at a McDonald's for lunch a while after the discovery of the cicadas. They were buzzing around like crazy and my DD almost had an absolute freak out when she got out of the car. We both had to use the rest room, so her and I went together only to discover one of those giant cicadas in the bathroom stall. Thank goodness it was dead, though. DD was still freaked out and stated that it was staring at her with its beaty red eyes while she was using the facilities. :rotfl2:

We drove and drove some more and then had a snack at Krystal's. Hubby wanted to stop there since we don't have any of them back home. (I think they are very similar to White Castles) And then we drove, drove and drove and finally arrived at our hotel at around 8 pm. We drove for approx. 13 hours and we were bushed! We stayed at a Days Inn in Valdosta GA. It wasn't the nicest place. It had a very strong musty smell in the room, but we were so tired we didn't care. We unloaded our bags then went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner and then back to the room to get to bed so we could get up early and continue our journey to WDW. :cool1:

What time would we make it to the World? Would our room be ready? Stay tuned......

Following along! I recognize the bridge as the one in Cape Girardeau, MO. And yes, Cairo once was a thriving town...now, unfortunately, it's a place you only pass through on your way to somewhere else, and usually feel like you should only pass through during daylight hours with the doors locked. I live about 20 miles from Cairo, IL in far western KY. The flooding was horrible in this area, and many farms and homes were lost in southeast MO due to the Corps of Engineers blowing up levees there to "save" Cairo. There doesn't seem like alot to save there, but that's for someone else to argue. I can tell you that Cairo once was considered to be made into the US capital because it's at the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers, which of course were so crucial years ago in transportation.
Ok...enough of a history lesson for today...:rotfl:
Looking forward to hearing the rest of your report!

Kellyh123
06-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Joining in. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

BellaBaby
06-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Joining in too!

I grew up in IL, so I know the cicadas. Been living in CO for almost 16 yrs tho and we went back to IL last summer and the sound was deafening! Wonder if those were the "August Cicadas" you mentioned. I remember them being really bad (all over the place) in the early 90's/late 80's? after a 17 yr absence.

Anywho, looking forward to your arrival at WDW!!:dance3:

MARsMama
06-28-2011, 01:42 PM
After seeing that photo I'll stick with the June bugs!!! Those cicadas look much worse!
We no longer have trains in our area of the province, but when we do go where there are trains I get nervous when one passes as we were hit by a train (while in the car) back when I was 5yrs old. I think it's a bit of PTSD whenever I'm near tracks and hear the whistle!!:scared1:

mtgirl29
07-06-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm hooked. These TR are too much fun but I need to stop looking at new ones- I can't follow them all!! Thanks for sharing (though you really don't need to share any more bug pics....eeww). JK, I can take it, bring it on.

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! I totally know what you are talking about with joining so many TR and having a hard time keeping up. Now that the kiddos are home for the summer it feels like I have a lot less time. No more bug pics....I promise! :flower3: :rotfl2:

Following along! I recognize the bridge as the one in Cape Girardeau, MO. And yes, Cairo once was a thriving town...now, unfortunately, it's a place you only pass through on your way to somewhere else, and usually feel like you should only pass through during daylight hours with the doors locked. I live about 20 miles from Cairo, IL in far western KY. The flooding was horrible in this area, and many farms and homes were lost in southeast MO due to the Corps of Engineers blowing up levees there to "save" Cairo. There doesn't seem like alot to save there, but that's for someone else to argue. I can tell you that Cairo once was considered to be made into the US capital because it's at the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers, which of course were so crucial years ago in transportation.
Ok...enough of a history lesson for today...:rotfl:
Looking forward to hearing the rest of your report!

:cloud9: Thanks so much for the background info. I found your post very interesting about Cairo. Yes, I did get the feeling I may need to lock the doors at one point, too. Is it just me our does that town have a very peculiar smell, as well???? :confused3 It kind of smells like brussel sprouts. :eek:
Glad to have you following along!!!! :goodvibes

Joining in. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

:cool1: Thanks for join in!!!! Glad to have you!!!! :yay:

Joining in too!

I grew up in IL, so I know the cicadas. Been living in CO for almost 16 yrs tho and we went back to IL last summer and the sound was deafening! Wonder if those were the "August Cicadas" you mentioned. I remember them being really bad (all over the place) in the early 90's/late 80's? after a 17 yr absence.

Anywho, looking forward to your arrival at WDW!!:dance3:

:rotfl: Glad you can enjoy the wonderful cicadas, too!!! You know what I am talking about. Do you have cicadas in CO? If not, I may move there. :lmao:
Yes, in '98 both broods (13 and 17 yr) emerged at the same time. It was so loud, it would drown our the car stereo when driving. :scared1: I am glad that won't happen again for 200 yrs.
Thanks for stopping by!!! :woohoo:

After seeing that photo I'll stick with the June bugs!!! Those cicadas look much worse!
We no longer have trains in our area of the province, but when we do go where there are trains I get nervous when one passes as we were hit by a train (while in the car) back when I was 5yrs old. I think it's a bit of PTSD whenever I'm near tracks and hear the whistle!!:scared1:

Yep, I will stick with June bugs, too! :rotfl:
:scared1: Oh my! That is very scary, being hit by a train. I hope everyone was okay? I think that would cause me to develope a phobia of trains, as well. :hug: Glad you were okay.

mtgirl29
07-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Sorry that I have been MIA for the past week. Life just gets in the way sometimes and pulls you back to reality. :confused: It doesn't help that a thunder/lightning storm came through and literally hit our house and fried many of our electrical items in our house and also knock out our internet and router..... :eek:
I really feel I need to get back onto my TR before every last memory slips away. I did do a chicken scratch journal and have a young daughter and son with magnificient memories, so I think that it will all work out.

I am currently waiting on the garage door repairman to put in a new board for our opener since it was scorched from the surges.

Up next we finally arrive to the WORLD!!!! :woohoo:............

Singledad
07-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Sorry that I have been MIA for the past week. Life just gets in the way sometimes and pulls you back to reality. :confused: It doesn't help that a thunder/lightning storm came through and literally hit our house and fried many of our electrical items in our house and also knock out our internet and router..... :eek:
I really feel I need to get back onto my TR before every last memory slips away. I did do a chicken scratch journal and have a young daughter and son with magnificient memories, so I think that it will all work out.

I am currently waiting on the garage door repairman to put in a new board for our opener since it was scorched from the surges.

Up next we finally arrive to the WORLD!!!! :woohoo:............

glad everyone survived, and hope everything gets fixed/replaced soon.

I too have been behind on my TR, and sadly i have no journal, and my kid has a worse memory than me. ahh well, that is what pictures are for! :confused3

mtgirl29
07-06-2011, 12:24 PM
We were on the road to WDW in my last post. We left the hotel about 9am and drove a bit down the interstate. We were in search of a Walmart because Jay was complaining of his legs hurting. (I am assuming it was due to growing pains, but I thought this may be a bad sign for the rest of our walking vacation....:eek:). Kay had been sneezing like crazy and I thought her allergies may be acting up so I knew we needed some allergy meds. I had a liquid form of both, but wanted to find some tablets to make it easier to take and travel with. So on to Walmart to get Tylenol and Claritin. I was seriously thinking that this was not a good sign that the kids were having so many issues right at the beginning of our trip. We stopped and got the meds plus some more sunscreen. We then looked around trying to make sure we didn't need some other items and then hopped back in the car. Thankfully we made it to McDonalds just in time to get a breakfast sandwich and then we were off again. I am happy to report that the meds really seemed to do the trick. Both of the kiddos said they were feeling better and I was elated!!!!! :cloud9:

We drove about 45 minutes and then this is what we saw!!! :cool1:

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2004-1.jpg

Our next stop was the Florida Welcome Center. We were soooo excited to see that they had fresh OJ and grapefruit juice. Well, the kids and I were excited about the OJ and Hubs was happy about the grapefruit juice. :rotfl:
We stopped by and got lots of brochures and looked around for a while.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2005-1.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2006-1.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2007-1.jpg

Then we found these cute boards and the kids had to have their pics taken!

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2008-1.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2009-1.jpg

We were back on the road and the kiddos were getting SO EXCITED!!!!!! (note the stuffed bear Kay is holding named Born (she had literally had since she was born; got it in the hospital) for later post)

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2010-1.jpg

We drove and drove some more and about 3 hrs. later we see this -

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2012.jpg

And then this..... :woohoo:

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2013.jpg

A little further and than we see THIS!!!!

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2014.jpg

WE FINALLY MADE IT!!!!! We were all hooting and hollering while we passed underneath the sign!

We drove a couple more minutes and then we came to the sign of the drive to our resort

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2015.jpg

We made it to the CBR at around 1 pm.

Here is Hubs and Kay walking in.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2016.jpg

Here's the fam waiting in line to check in. Don't they look excited???

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2017.jpg

We finally checked in and it went very smoothly since we had done the online check in prior and wonderful news our room WAS ready!!! :dance3:

Up next we explore our Pirate room and then off to MK!!!.........

mtgirl29
07-06-2011, 12:33 PM
glad everyone survived, and hope everything gets fixed/replaced soon.

I too have been behind on my TR, and sadly i have no journal, and my kid has a worse memory than me. ahh well, that is what pictures are for! :confused3

Still need to check the furnace to make sure that is in working order. I cannot believe that the surges can ruin so much stuff! :eek: We had surge protectors on our computers, but it still fried one of the cords to our laptop. We were afraid we might have to turn it into our homeowners insurance if it get too much more stuff. Very pricey trying to replace all this stuff....uggggh!

Glad I have so many pics, it really does make it easier to remember. :thumbsup2 I don't think my kids memories are as great as I had previously mentioned. :rotfl2: They were having some issues remembering on my last post. HOOORAY FOR MY PICS!

mrssmith06
07-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Yay for making it to Disney!!! Can't wait to see the Pirate room!! pirate:

heaven2dc
07-06-2011, 01:00 PM
What fun so far! I'll never forget the first time we ever encountered cicada's back in 1994 - we were travelling from Oregon to Florida to visit WDW (and possibly move there) when we heard this loud noise when we arrived in Las Vegas. We had been having car problems on our trip & weren't sure if the sound was coming from our car or what. When we pulled over at first we thought it was from the power lines but then when we turned into a gas station, there were more trees and we could hear that buzzing sound much louder. It wasn't until my daughter & I visted the restroom and found a couple live ones in there and ran out screaming :scared1:

You made great timing on your trip! Would love to stay at Caribbean Beach one day (we've spoiled ourselves by renting points & staying at BWV) but CBR looks so relaxing!

Corrine 1973
07-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Yea you made it to disney.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Sorry to hear that the lightning fried everything.:scared1:

We recently had a water spout that hit around here and my kids aunt and grandmother were with out power for a couple days. Luckily we were not affected because it has been hot a humid out here.

Can you believe that it has been a month since we got back?

lbuzz52
07-06-2011, 06:40 PM
yeah for the signs! and yeah for CBR! just seeing a picture of it makes me want to be back there. i always forget that there is Orange Juice at that welcome center. Such a nice thing to offer. Glad the meds helped the kids:thumbsup2 i don't like the foreshadowing of Born bear. ..

BellaBaby
07-06-2011, 07:25 PM
OMG--my DD has the same Minnie Mouse shirt your DD is wearing! Got it before we drove to DL in early June. She wears it all the time now! I wish we could drive to WDW, but living in CO it's just too far!! We had a great time at the DLR tho and it was fun to be somewhere different but yet still Disney!! I love both places now!!:love:

Anywho, to answer your question, we do NOT have Cicadas in CO. Thank God!!;)

MARsMama
07-06-2011, 10:36 PM
There were 7 of us in the car when we were hit by the train and thankfully we were all unharmed!

So sorry to hear of the lightning striking your home and all the damage :( I'm glad no one was hurt though.

Still loving the TR!! So glad to hear that the kids were feeling better after the tylenol and claritin!! Those photos remind me of our trip down to Florida in 2009! They bring back such wonderful memories, I didn't take as many 'sign' photos as I would have liked. Can't wait to read more on your trip!

Echo queen
07-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Enjoying your TR.

TinksThree
07-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Way behind!!! But last week in Illinois and went to St Louis for a ballgame. That night there was wicked lightening! It's amazing what lightening can do to electrical stuff!!

That cicada pic was very good! I can look at a picture but do not want to be anywhere near bugs if they are actually alive and in my vicinity!! :rotfl:

I remember them talking about breaking the levees around Cairo. They had to do that in this area too. It must be so hard to make the decision to flood some people!

Hooray for making it to WDW!! And your room was ready!!! Double hoorays!!! I can't wait to hear how you liked the resort! It is on my "maybe I can talk DH into it one day list"!! Oh, and your kids excitement is so great!!!

Lidian
07-07-2011, 06:28 PM
I was beginning to think you never got to WDW. ;)

Again, sorry to hear about your storm (as posted on FB).

Totally love the pics of everyone being sooo happy to arrive!!! :cloud9:

mtgirl29
07-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Yay for making it to Disney!!! Can't wait to see the Pirate room!!

Yep, it is taking some time to tell this story. I may be milking it a little......:rolleyes1

What fun so far! I'll never forget the first time we ever encountered cicada's back in 1994 - we were travelling from Oregon to Florida to visit WDW (and possibly move there) when we heard this loud noise when we arrived in Las Vegas. We had been having car problems on our trip & weren't sure if the sound was coming from our car or what. When we pulled over at first we thought it was from the power lines but then when we turned into a gas station, there were more trees and we could hear that buzzing sound much louder. It wasn't until my daughter & I visted the restroom and found a couple live ones in there and ran out screaming.

You made great timing on your trip! Would love to stay at Caribbean Beach one day (we've spoiled ourselves by renting points & staying at BWV) but CBR looks so relaxing!

:flower3: Thanks for joining in!!!
You have experienced them first hand. Aren't they something? They are sooo loud and CREEPY! :eek: I am glad they only last for 5-6 weeks. We lucked out that our vacation took us away (2 weeks) so we couldn't enjoy them as much....:thumbsup2
Yes, that would be me, too, running from the restroom! :rotfl2: Definitely not a bug person.

:love: BMV! Would love to stay there one day!

Yea you made it to disney.:woohoo:

Sorry to hear that the lightning fried everything.:scared1:

We recently had a water spout that hit around here and my kids aunt and grandmother were with out power for a couple days. Luckily we were not affected because it has been hot a humid out here.

Can you believe that it has been a month since we got back?

Can you believe we actually made it!!! :rotfl2: I am sorry to be soooo slow with this TR. I am relishing every entry and pic and trying to relive it!

Thank goodness you guys didn't lose power. It is way too hot and humid here too. It is supposed to be 99 tomorrow....:sad2:

Where has the time gone???:confused: I cannot believe it has been a month since we were on vacation. I need another, desperately!!!!

yeah for the signs! and yeah for CBR! just seeing a picture of it makes me want to be back there. i always forget that there is Orange Juice at that welcome center. Such a nice thing to offer. Glad the meds helped the kids:thumbsup2 i don't like the foreshadowing of Born bear. ..

CBR was so tropical looking, wasn't it? I guess that's the point. :rotfl:
I sure didn't miss it when I was walking for ever and ever and my tootsies were killing me. If I ever stay there again, I would probably stay in Aruba in a regular room. I guess it is time for me to plan my next trip. :rotfl2:
It is nice that they offer juice at the FWC. It is a nice touch.
Did you catch that bit of foreshadowing with Born Bear? ;) It definitely wasn't too subtle, was it? :laughing:

OMG--my DD has the same Minnie Mouse shirt your DD is wearing! Got it before we drove to DL in early June. She wears it all the time now! I wish we could drive to WDW, but living in CO it's just too far!! We had a great time at the DLR tho and it was fun to be somewhere different but yet still Disney!! I love both places now!!:love:

Anywho, to answer your question, we do NOT have Cicadas in CO. Thank God!!

My DD loves that shirt, too. She is actually wear it right as I type....:rotfl:

I think I am moving to CO!!!! I need to escape from the cicadas.
We love CO! DH and I took a vacation there in '99 and toured the whole state. We went to Colorado Springs, Grand Junction, Boulder (we stayed in the Boulderado Hotel) and then Denver. It such a beautiful state!

There were 7 of us in the car when we were hit by the train and thankfully we were all unharmed!

So sorry to hear of the lightning striking your home and all the damage I'm glad no one was hurt though.

Still loving the TR!! So glad to hear that the kids were feeling better after the tylenol and claritin!! Those photos remind me of our trip down to Florida in 2009! They bring back such wonderful memories, I didn't take as many 'sign' photos as I would have liked. Can't wait to read more on your trip!

I am so glad you were all not injured. That sounds very scary, though.
Thanks for the well wishes on the lightening hitting the house. It rattled all the dishes in the cupboards when it hit and the electricity kept flickering off and on. I am glad no one was on the phone or taking a shower.

You don't have long now until your trip. Are you getting SUPER excited???

Enjoying your TR. :wave2: Thanks so much for reading along!!!

Way behind!!! But last week in Illinois and went to St Louis for a ballgame. That night there was wicked lightening! It's amazing what lightening can do to electrical stuff!!

That cicada pic was very good! I can look at a picture but do not want to be anywhere near bugs if they are actually alive and in my vicinity!! :rotfl:

I remember them talking about breaking the levees around Cairo. They had to do that in this area too. It must be so hard to make the decision to flood some people!

Hooray for making it to WDW!! And your room was ready!!! Double hoorays!!! I can't wait to hear how you liked the resort! It is on my "maybe I can talk DH into it one day list"!! Oh, and your kids excitement is so great!!!

I know what you mean by being way behind. I am in the same boat. We have been sooo busy this summer. I thought I would have more time, with the kiddos being home from school, but that is NOT the case.

That is sooo cool that you were in STL. I hope you enjoyed yourself san the dangerous storms.
Electricity can just zap things like that....it is unbelievable how much damage it can do!

I am the same as you, about the bugs! Not a bug fan, either.

I was so happy to see our room was ready after I have read so many other reports when they were not.

Up next is MK...I cannot wait to share. Thanks for reading along!!! :goodvibes

I was beginning to think you never got to WDW. ;)

Again, sorry to hear about your storm (as posted on FB).

Totally love the pics of everyone being sooo happy to arrive!!! :cloud9:

I know, right? I am feeling like I am neglecting my report and am happy to still have some readers. I never would have imagined that summer would be so crazy busy. I am ready for the kiddos to go back to school. Even though, I will be crying when Jay enters the school bus for the first time. :sad2:
Finally, everything is fixed from the dang storm. It cost about $300 to get everything back in working order.....:eek:

ctink23
07-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Yay, you made it! Can't wait to see some pics of the pirate room!

I am glad your kids started feeling better. My family always has some type of health problem on vacation... bad timing.

MARsMama
07-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Glad to hear that you were able to get everything fixed, even though it was quite a cost.
Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!

Yes, we're getting super excited about our trip....less than 80 days now, time is flying by!!:woohoo:

mtgirl29
07-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Yay, you made it! Can't wait to see some pics of the pirate room!

I am glad your kids started feeling better. My family always has some type of health problem on vacation... bad timing.

The drive seemed to take forever, since we were so excited to arrive.
I am so happy that we could nip the health issues in the bud right in the beginning. I was getting worried!
Up next pics of the pirate room.

Glad to hear that you were able to get everything fixed, even though it was quite a cost.
Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!

Yes, we're getting super excited about our trip....less than 80 days now, time is flying by!!:woohoo:

WOW! Only 80 days....time IS flying by! :banana:

mtgirl29
07-16-2011, 01:51 PM
When I last updated we were just arriving at CBR and were getting ready to check into our pirate room. Truth be told, I wasn't really looking forward to staying in the pirate room. I had read some horrible reviews.There were lots of people grumbling about the thin uncomfortable mattresses and how the rooms were so far from everything. I don't mean to be negative, but I have to agree. The pirate room seemed very far from all the action of the resort. We were also situated at the very last bus stop and the mattresses were awfully uncomfortable. I would awake each morning with achy hips. We didn't even get the refillable mugs this year, because we knew it would be too much of a hassle to be able to fill them up. I do, however, think CBR is a beautiful resort....we will not stay in a pirate room again. If we stay there again I would prefer a room in the Aruba location with a standard Nemo room. Those rooms look light and bright. We also had some other issues with our room. After putting the clothes away, the top drawer...(They look like cargo boxes) wouldn't stay closed. The room already seemed a bit cramped and then this crazy drawer would keep creeping open. Hubs and I put a wash cloth underneath the whole unit to tilt it back a little and that didn't work we tried shifting the clothes, since it stayed closed when empty. Well, shifting the clothes didn't work. I didn't want to call maintenance since we had just got there and wanted to get to the parks ASAP. So Hubs saved the day and had a sticker on one of his shirts and used it to tape it closed. It didn't look too good, but it did the trick. I don't think I took a picture of the sticker, though. :sad2:

The lighting in these rooms were horrible to put on make up. I just felt so YUCK! whenever I was getting ready. It didn't help that one of the lights were out on the mirror either.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2021.jpg

Here are some other pics of our pirate room

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2023.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2022.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2020.jpg

After we check out the room and dealt with the irritating drawer we packed our back packs and headed for the parks and we were off to MK. I think this particular day we drove so we didn't have to wait for a bus and I am sure we would of had to wait being the the very last bus stop at CBR. I believe bus stop #6.....:eek:

Once we arrived to the MK parking lot we jumped on the monorail.

Here is a pic of Jay and I

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2024.jpg

Kay and Hubby

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2025.jpg

We were so EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1::woohoo::yay:

We tooled around MK and took some pics.

Of course we had to get one with the kids in front of the castle.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2026.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2027.jpg

The very first ride in MK was Pirates of the Caribbean. (Note this will be our last ride as well - on our last day at WDW - More foreshadowing....:eek:)

The second ride was the Haunted Mansion. There was some technical issues going on with HM and we seemed to stand in line FOREVER! We were just with in view of the big double doors where it is air conditioned and we literally stood there for 20+ minutes. People around us were grumbling and asking one of the CMs what the issue was and she didn't have a radio, so she couldn't say. We were getting nervous because we had ADR for Floridian Cafe and we thought if the line didn't start moving soon that we might be late. So finally the line started moving and we get on the ride just for it to break down again. It makes it much more bearable when you are sitting in the air conditioning, though. :rotfl2:

Once we got out of the HM we booked it over to the ferry to take us to the Grand Floridian. Well, wouldn't you know it, we got there just as the were loading the last of the people and we had to wait for the next ferry. This is a continued theme on this vacation...."A day late and a dollar short"....

We finally arrived to the Grand Floridian with just minutes to spare and got seated relatively quickly.

Next up, food porn at Floridian Cafe.......

mrssmith06
07-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Sorry about the disappointment in your pirate room :sad1: CBR does look like a nice resort though!

How do your kids like Haunted Mansion? Is it scary at all? DD really wants to ride this!

Can't wait to hear about your meal at the Floridian Cafe :goodvibes

TinksThree
07-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Love the picture of the kids in front of the castle!!

That really stinks about the pirate rooms! I had heard some not so great reviews on them.

Looking forward to Floridean cafe food porn...I have not seen much on this restuarant!

MARsMama
07-17-2011, 11:20 AM
So sorry to hear about your room issues :( as well as the troubles at HM. I hope things get better as your trip contines.
Can't wait to hear more about your trip as well as the Grand Floridian cafe and photos:thumbsup2

Lidian
07-21-2011, 03:10 AM
Well how was GF? I hope you didn't have the same server I did (in 2009). Hopefully, Uncle Walt "let her go" ... as she came close to causing me to have a melt down. It was enough to make me NEVER go back to GF again. :mad:

Anyway ... sorry to hear you weren't happy with the room. You should have asked to be moved. :( We were content with the Pirate rooms. We waited forever for buses, but we were hitting the EMH parks, so I expected to wait - since everyone was going to those parks.

BellaBaby
07-21-2011, 11:47 AM
I showed DD the pic of your DD in the shirt and she thought that was cool!:thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed CO so much! I feel the same way, so much so, that I moved out here from IL 6 weeks after my first visit. This was before the DH and kids of course and I had friends here. But I ended up meeting DH a year later--so I guess it was meant to be!!;)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next installment!!popcorn::

mtgirl29
07-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Sorry about the disappointment in your pirate room :sad1: CBR does look like a nice resort though!

How do your kids like Haunted Mansion? Is it scary at all? DD really wants to ride this!

Can't wait to hear about your meal at the Floridian Cafe :goodvibes

The kids really liked HM. We rode it again later in the trip and had some rude teenagers having a blood curdling screaming contest on it and my DS nearly freaked. My hubby ended up shouting for them to SHUT UP!.....such Disney magic....:lmao:

Love the picture of the kids in front of the castle!!

That really stinks about the pirate rooms! I had heard some not so great reviews on them.

Looking forward to Floridean cafe food porn...I have not seen much on this restuarant!

I actually liked the food there, even though, it didn't like me very much. More on that in my next installment. :sad2:

So sorry to hear about your room issues :( as well as the troubles at HM. I hope things get better as your trip contines.
Can't wait to hear more about your trip as well as the Grand Floridian cafe and photos:thumbsup2

It was a GREAT time. We did experience some definite roller coaster moments, but it makes for great memories and wonderful story telling....:thumbsup2

Well how was GF? I hope you didn't have the same server I did (in 2009). Hopefully, Uncle Walt "let her go" ... as she came close to causing me to have a melt down. It was enough to make me NEVER go back to GF again. :mad:

Anyway ... sorry to hear you weren't happy with the room. You should have asked to be moved. :( We were content with the Pirate rooms. We waited forever for buses, but we were hitting the EMH parks, so I expected to wait - since everyone was going to those parks.

GF was actually very good! This was my first experience with the food not agreeing with me, though. More about that in my upcoming installment. The wait staff seemed great, so they must have gotten rid of your server. I think you should definitely give it another chance.
The room wasn't really for me. DS is really into pirates, so it was more for the kids. We gave it try and let Jay experience it, but now it is Mama's turn.....:rotfl2:....to stay at the one she want to stay at. :laughing:

I showed DD the pic of your DD in the shirt and she thought that was cool!:thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed CO so much! I feel the same way, so much so, that I moved out here from IL 6 weeks after my first visit. This was before the DH and kids of course and I had friends here. But I ended up meeting DH a year later--so I guess it was meant to be!!;)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next installment!!popcorn::

I am glad that your DD could see the same shirt she has. How old is your DD?
It definitely sounds like CO was meant to be for you....LUCKY! It wasn't in the cards for us, though. DH was already established at a really good company here in St. Louis. I would love to be able to experience another state someday, though.

Up next FOOD PORN!!!! :cool1:

mtgirl29
07-21-2011, 03:48 PM
When I last left off we were getting ready to sit down to our very first ADR at the Grand Floridian Cafe. I was a little apprehensive about this particular ADR, because I didn't know if we were dressed well enough. We would be going to that resort in our park going outfits. I was pleasantly surprised to see no one was really dressed up and everyone was very casual, so I could relax.

We checked in when we got there and were given a pager and it went off within minutes of receiving it. We were promptly brought over to a window seat and it was a gorgeous restaurant. We were very pleased. Our server had a huge, genuine smile and seemed very attentive. We had to requested to talk with the chef due to my son's food allergies and the chef was not nearly as personable than the waitress. It was definitely a bit of a let down. I knew we wouldn't have to deal with him again, though...thank goodness!

So once that was all squared a way we ordered our dinners.

While waiting for our dinner they brought out a bread basket of some fabulous bread. One was sourdough rolls and the other was rolls had currants and cranberries. It was all so delish!

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2035.jpg

The kiddos had the same exact thing. SURPRISE! SURPRISE! :lmao:
Cheese pizza! They definitely aren't adventurous eaters.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2036.jpg

Hubs had Grilled Rib Eye - With Parmesan Frits, seasonal vegetables and red wine sauce.

[http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2038.jpg/CENTER]

I had the New York Strip, served with a Red Wine Glaze, Blue Cheese Butter, Red Bliss mashed potatoes, and seasonal vegetables. My mouth is water. I could really go for one of these right about now.

[CENTER]http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2037.jpg

It was sooo yummy and then after we pigged down on that we ordered desserts.

The kids order the same again.....worms and dirt. It is chocolate pudding with gummy worms and oreo crumbs on top. The kiddos were in :love:!!!

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2039.jpg

DH had the key lime tart and he said it was very tasty.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2041.jpg

I had the New York style lemon cheese cake with berries. It was very good, but I was so stuffed at this point I thought I might blow at any second 'literally'. More about that in a moment.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2040-1.jpg

For some reason my computer is being painfully slow and photobucket keeps locking up on me. Also, not sure why all my pics are different sizes...uuuugggh!
So I will have to leave off here and will try again later today to continue with this update. I will fill you in on my horrible tummy troubles and Hubs invention of the "Big Baby" award. Can you guess who gets it one our first day in Disney? Stay tuned to find out.......

mrssmith06
07-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Oh my.... those steaks are making my mouth water!!!! :hyper:

mtgirl29
07-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Oh my.... those steaks are making my mouth water!!!! :hyper:

I know, right? Those pics are so big they are life size. Just makes you want to get your fork and knife out and dig in. :rotfl:

mtgirl29
07-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Continued due to technical difficulties....

Here is a couple of pics while waiting for our ADR at Grand Floridian resort. It is so beautiful! Maybe one day we will be able to stay here. :cloud9:

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2033.jpg

The kiddos waiting to be seated for ADR

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2034.jpg

After we ate, I immediately new something was wrong and new my stomach didn't feel right. The rest of my evening would be planning an escape route to the restroom. I am not so sure it was the food, it may have been the stress or 'excitement' of being in Disney and rushing to our ADRs. Not sure what the issue was, but it wasn't fun.

After our dinner Mike and the kids decided to go on a hunt in the gift shops to find pins and trade with CMs. I bee lined to the ladies room. When I finally met back up with them. Mike had picked out the Big Baby pin. You all know the Big Baby from Toy Story 3 with the dirty appearance and half closed eye? Yes, that is the one that he chose and he gave it to me, since I was whining about having an upset stomach and having to rush off to the bathroom. Isn't he sweet?!? The rule for the rest of the trip is if you weren't being positive and happy on our WDW trip you would have to wear the Big Baby. :laughing:

Pics while waiting for the ferry.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2042.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2043.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2044.jpg

Here is Kay and I waiting for the ferry to take us back to MK. Notice the Big Baby pin I have on.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2046.jpg

We got in line for the ferry and I was hopeful since it was actually on its way while we were approaching only to pick up everyone in front of us and the captain telling us we would have to wait for the next one. I started to panic because I was having digestive issues and knew I would probably be in need of a bathroom again soon and it was quite a walk back to GF cafe bathroom. :eek:
As soon as the ferry came back (about a 35 min. wait) We loaded and my stomach started churning again. I could not enjoy the ride back to MK because I thought I would have to dive off the boat at any minute. It is a horrible feeling! :scared1:
As soon as we pulled into the port, I was the very first person off and went running for the restroom. This is pretty much the story for the rest of the night. It didn't make it any better that DH was getting irritated because every time we would approach a ride, I would have to scurry off to find a bathroom. I could tell you where every ladies room is in Frontierland. I was miserable!
We did manage to ride a few rides such as Splash Mt. and we did get to see the fireworks, but I was sooo ready to get back to the resort. That particular night there was EMH and the park was open til 3am. We ended up leaving at about 11 pm with the rest of the crowd that didn't qualify for EMH.
The park was unbelievable packed 'literally shoulder to shoulder' and it took over 45 min. to get out of the park and to our car. I was NEVER so happy to be back to the resort with my own private bathroom.

Up next, Day 2 in Epcot. Will we be able to have our DISmeet? Will we make RD?

mrssmith06
07-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Oh my, sorry about your tummy troubles! I was like that on our 1st MK day after our breakfast at CM, I missed out on riding Snow White because I had to run out of line to find a bathroom. Uggghhh. :sad2: It is definitely no fun to deal with that at Disney!!!

heaven2dc
07-22-2011, 10:02 AM
I feel so bad for you with your tummy troubles :hug: Three ago I had tore the tendons in my left foot and was taking meds. I was standing at the customer service desk at a store when all of a sudden I knew I had to get to a restroom pronto! There was literally no warning, just a huge churning of my tummy and needless to say I didn't make it. I was SO mortified! :scared1: Luckily I hightailed it to the restroom with no one seeing me and I called my BFF to come bring me a change of clothes. I can't imagine having those type of tummy problems at WDW - I hope you felt better by the next morning!

Your kids are so adorable - love that they both got pizza and the yummy desserts - how cute!

TheThomsLuvDisney
07-23-2011, 01:30 AM
Subbing In!

Loving your TR! Sorry you were disappointed in your pirate room. I hope you did enjoy your overall CBR experience, we loved it when we stayed there a couple of years ago.

I was also sorry to hear about your tummy troubles BUT I absolutely LOVE the Big Baby pin!!!!:rotfl: I think I will have to buy that pin and make the same rule for our next trip!!!!

BellaBaby
07-23-2011, 03:42 PM
:hug: for the tummy troubles...so sorry you had to deal with that!!

I love that your DH bought the Big Baby pin--that is too funny! But I also love the idea of having to wear it if your cranky. Now, I'm thinking about my kids and next trip...

You shouldn't have had to wear it cuz it's something beyond your control! But I can see my DH doing the same thing to me!:rolleyes:

My DD is 10 who has that shirt, but I also have a DD7.

Echo queen
07-24-2011, 12:09 AM
I just purchased the big baby pin on ebay. Lets see how much my 2 teenage boys and dh enjoy wearing that. :lmao::rotfl2: Love your report.:)

mtgirl29
07-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Oh my, sorry about your tummy troubles! I was like that on our 1st MK day after our breakfast at CM, I missed out on riding Snow White because I had to run out of line to find a bathroom. Uggghhh. :sad2: It is definitely no fun to deal with that at Disney!!!

Sorry to hear that you can relate. Something about MK really caused me issues this year. It is definitely NO FUN scrambling for the bathroom constantly....:sad2:

I feel so bad for you with your tummy troubles :hug: Three ago I had tore the tendons in my left foot and was taking meds. I was standing at the customer service desk at a store when all of a sudden I knew I had to get to a restroom pronto! There was literally no warning, just a huge churning of my tummy and needless to say I didn't make it. I was SO mortified! :scared1: Luckily I hightailed it to the restroom with no one seeing me and I called my BFF to come bring me a change of clothes. I can't imagine having those type of tummy problems at WDW - I hope you felt better by the next morning!

Your kids are so adorable - love that they both got pizza and the yummy desserts - how cute!

OH NO! I sure hate to hear that you had to go through that. It is so irritating to have to deal with that and especially in the most magical place on earth. It really does make it a lot less magical when you are spending a large portion of your day in the restroom. Glad your BBF could bring you a change of clothes. I am sure my hubby would have grumbled the whole entire time if he would have had to get me some more clothes....:guilty:

My son definitely thinks his big sister has impeccable taste! :lmao:

Subbing In!

Loving your TR! Sorry you were disappointed in your pirate room. I hope you did enjoy your overall CBR experience, we loved it when we stayed there a couple of years ago.

I was also sorry to hear about your tummy troubles BUT I absolutely LOVE the Big Baby pin!!!!:rotfl: I think I will have to buy that pin and make the same rule for our next trip!!!!

:cheer2: Thanks so much for joining in!!!!

We did LOVE CBR! I have some fabulous pics I am going to share in an upcoming post. It has a very tropical feel and if it wasn't for those dingy pirate rooms with the uncomfortable beds and being a million miles from everything, I think I would have really enjoyed it. :rotfl: The pool was spectacular as was the dining area. They had so many food selections it was great! It is such a GORGEOUS resort!!! I think I would have really like the regular rooms. They look so light, bright and airy!

Yes, the Big Baby pin was hilarious! I think it was a great idea, but don't think I truly deserved it since I wasn't feeling well. I guess the kiddos got a the message, though, because every time we would even mention the pin they would instantly turn their moods positive. So it DOES work!!! :laughing:

:hug: for the tummy troubles...so sorry you had to deal with that!!

I love that your DH bought the Big Baby pin--that is too funny! But I also love the idea of having to wear it if your cranky. Now, I'm thinking about my kids and next trip...

You shouldn't have had to wear it cuz it's something beyond your control! But I can see my DH doing the same thing to me!:rolleyes:

My DD is 10 who has that shirt, but I also have a DD7.

Yes, the Big Baby pin does work. I think I was the only one who had to wear it all week...:rotfl2: I definitely think it is worth purchasing.

I just purchased the big baby pin on ebay. Lets see how much my 2 teenage boys and dh enjoy wearing that. :lmao::rotfl2: Love your report.:)

:rotfl2:I would love to see that, too!!! Make sure to post pics if they have to wear it!!! :lmao:

lbuzz52
07-24-2011, 01:44 PM
I love the picture of your kiddos in front of the castle!
I alsothink the big baby pin is a really funny story!
Sorry to hear about your tummy troubles!

IheartDDuck
07-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Subbing.

Oh, you poor thing. :sad2: Tummy troubles at WDW are the worst!

Funny thing about cicadas.....I live in Chicagoland, and a good friend of mine used to live in Lake Forest, which is like a forest (aptly named, I know). So we are driving through downtown Lake Forest with the sunroof open. And lo and behold a cicada drops right in and lands on my friends shoulder. She proceeded to scream bloody murder, grab it, and throw it to the front of the car. We think the poor cicada burned up in the venting, because he was never to be found again in the car.

Okay, sorry about the side track. I can't wait to hear more about your trip. I hope the one day was the only one for tummy troubles.

mtgirl29
07-24-2011, 08:47 PM
I love the picture of your kiddos in front of the castle!
I alsothink the big baby pin is a really funny story!
Sorry to hear about your tummy troubles!

My hubs actually got some prints made at Walgreens of a similiar pic for his desk at work.

I was eating the pepto like it was candy on this trip. Not sure if it was nerves or what. All I know is it wasn't fun! The Big Baby pin was a hoot!

Subbing.

Oh, you poor thing. :sad2: Tummy troubles at WDW are the worst!

Funny thing about cicadas.....I live in Chicagoland, and a good friend of mine used to live in Lake Forest, which is like a forest (aptly named, I know). So we are driving through downtown Lake Forest with the sunroof open. And lo and behold a cicada drops right in and lands on my friends shoulder. She proceeded to scream bloody murder, grab it, and throw it to the front of the car. We think the poor cicada burned up in the venting, because he was never to be found again in the car.

Okay, sorry about the side track. I can't wait to hear more about your trip. I hope the one day was the only one for tummy troubles.

:wave2:Thanks for joining in. I see you have a TR, too. I will have to check it out!

The tummy troubles sucked, but does make for a humorous story! :lmao:

Sorry to hear about the cicada dropping in for a visit on your drive. I am glad it didn't cause an accident. :scared1: Those things FREAK me out, too!

Unfortunately, it not the end of the tummy woes. A few ADRs did not agree with me this year....:sad2:

mtgirl29
07-24-2011, 10:11 PM
The night before we had left MK at around 11pm. I had dealt with stomach issues the whole evening and was so happy to be leaving the park and getting back to the resort. We ended up getting back at around 11:45pm and after getting ready for bed and such we were all in bed by midnight. We were all so exhausted.

I had really wanted to make it to Rope Drop at Epcot the following morning, but knowing we got back the night before so late, I wasn't hopeful.
We had set the alarm for 7am, but snoozed it until 8:30am. We rushed around and showered. The kiddos had some breakfast items we had brought and ate them while we continued to get ready. We applied sunscreen, Body Glide applied to feet to prevent blisters (this stuff REALLY works), backpacks packed and then straighten the room for the mousekeepers and out the door we went. It seemed to takes SO long in the mornings to get out of the room! We left the room around 9:45am. I was hoping to make it to Epcot by 10am so I could meet up with another DISer named Corrine73. Well, once we arrived to the bus stop, I new there was no way we would make it by that time. The bus stop was packed. A bus didn't come until 10am and we all had to stand the whole way to Epcot. My lil' guy was standing behind me and everytime we would turn he would almost sit on an elderly lady sitting next to where we were standing. I absolutely HATE standing on the buses. It is so awkward. I think we drove everywhere after finding out the buses were so packed the week we were there.

We arrive to Epcot and 10:15am and I go thru the bag check and promptly make it over past the gate and see I have a text message from Corrine. I am having no luck with the texting. (I am not smart phone savvy) So I just decide to call her and left her a voicemail telling her I was sorry to arrive to the park late and was wondering if she was still in the vicinity. I waited around for about 20 minutes while Hubs ran to get FPs for Test Track and never heard back from her. I was soooo bummed.

The phone finally did ring but it was Hubs calling us to tell us where to meet him. We decide to meet up at Mission Space. The wait time was like 40 minutes. We decided to be adventurous and do the orange. I was a little apprehensive on how DS would do.

Here we are waiting in line for MS

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2049.jpg

Another line goer asked to take our family picture while we were waiting :wizard:

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2050.jpg

After we rode MS we noticed we could use our FPs for Test Track so we trekked over there and jumped in line but only after we stopped off at the gift shop and got Jay his cool new hat.

Jay and his hat

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2052.jpg

We had to stop and press some pennies in the Test Track gift shop.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2053.jpg

We then stopped at another gift shop because Kay wanted to get something since Jay had his cool new hat.
So here is Kay with her Simba plush

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2057.jpg

Funny story about the hat Jay had gotten. He had tried it on and was so happy with it he wanted to wear it immediately. He couldn't stop looking at himself in the mirrors throughout the gift shop. Once Kay got the plush Jay accused me of making him pick out the hat. He had wanted a plush all along. Disney just brings out the magic in everyone....:rotfl2:

At one of the Disney Animation Art Studios, for the life of me I cannot remember the name. Well, anyway, Jay had his bday pin on and one of the CM saw him wearing it and had him come and talk on the phone. Goofy wanted to wish him a Happy Birthday! So cute! Very magical moment. :wizard:

We ended up eating at the Electric Umbrella, but don't seem to have any pics of this lunch. Mike and I had burgers and the weren't anything to write home about. They were very dry and tasteless. Kay had a burger and she agreed it wasn't very good. Jay had chicken nuggets and he said they were good. So maybe we should of all had chicken nuggets at this restaurant.

We were all hot and tired and decide to jump on Spaceship Earth. There wasn't any wait and the air conditioning felt awesome!

Here is Jay on SE

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2058.jpg

The kiddos in front of Spaceship Earth or the Big Golf ball (what we like to call it).

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2059.jpg

We were all hot and exhausted and just decide to go back to the resort and swim and rest up a bit. We were tired from the night before and all the traveling so off we went to the buses and back to the resort.

Up next a much needed break from the hustle and bustle of the parks. A little bit of sight seeing at CBR, swimming and a short nap before our ADR at Olivia's Cafe at Old Key West.....

IheartDDuck
07-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Jay's hat is awesome! Why would he want a plush when he could have an awesome hat like that?!

I'm totally jealous. ;)

I hate standing on buses. It's my least favorite thing to do at Disney, and it's why I drive a lot when I have a car.

Lidian
07-25-2011, 01:11 AM
So sorry to hear about your tummy troubles. :( It's never fun to feel bad at WDW. I'm glad that you at least had Pepto with you, so hopefully it did relieve the symptoms a bit.

I'm glad you enjoyed a nice dinner at GFC. We all agreed that the food was sooo yummy! However, we thought they entire staff that we encountered (from hostess, to server, to manager) was rude and would have drowned if it rained. :snooty:

How did everyone fare on MS:Orange? I struggle with MS:Green - the 3D effects make me a bit queasy.

Totally love Jay's hat! DS5 picked one up and tried it on, but he didn't want to buy one out of his own money - and we only offered Mickey Ears as souvies this year. :lmao: I think its awesome that the kids pick something out and then see the sibling find something different and have buyer's remorse at such a young age. :rolleyes:

Sorry you had bus issues, and sorry you missed Corrine. :(

And shame on DH for giving you the Big Baby pin. You had a valid reason to not be 100% happy! :lmao: It wasn't like you were whining over the heat or lines or crowds or something.... yours was valid. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear about the travels of Big Baby. Hopefully you got rid of it and DH had to wear it the rest of the trip (out of spite). :rotfl2::rotfl2:

mrssmith06
07-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Sorry about your late start to Epcot and missing out on your DIS meet :sad2:

Looks like you were able to get in a few good things before leaving though!
We had stayed away from Spaceship Earth, because I had no idea what kind of ride it was...?

mtgirl29
07-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Jay's hat is awesome! Why would he want a plush when he could have an awesome hat like that?!

I'm totally jealous. ;)

I hate standing on buses. It's my least favorite thing to do at Disney, and it's why I drive a lot when I have a car.

I will have to tell him you liked his hat. Maybe I can get him to wear it again.
We drove after that bus fiasco, too. When we went it was SWW, Memorial Day Wknd and Gay Days, so needless to say it was PACKED! I don't ever remember it being that busy in our past visits. It was crazy!

So sorry to hear about your tummy troubles. :( It's never fun to feel bad at WDW. I'm glad that you at least had Pepto with you, so hopefully it did relieve the symptoms a bit.

I'm glad you enjoyed a nice dinner at GFC. We all agreed that the food was sooo yummy! However, we thought they entire staff that we encountered (from hostess, to server, to manager) was rude and would have drowned if it rained. :snooty:

How did everyone fare on MS:Orange? I struggle with MS:Green - the 3D effects make me a bit queasy.

Totally love Jay's hat! DS5 picked one up and tried it on, but he didn't want to buy one out of his own money - and we only offered Mickey Ears as souvies this year. :lmao: I think its awesome that the kids pick something out and then see the sibling find something different and have buyer's remorse at such a young age. :rolleyes:

Sorry you had bus issues, and sorry you missed Corrine. :(

And shame on DH for giving you the Big Baby pin. You had a valid reason to not be 100% happy! :lmao: It wasn't like you were whining over the heat or lines or crowds or something.... yours was valid. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear about the travels of Big Baby. Hopefully you got rid of it and DH had to wear it the rest of the trip (out of spite). :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am sorry that you didn't have a good experience at GFC. Maybe you could give it another try when we go on our Girl's Trip, when you are done with college....:cool1:

Actually, everyone did wonderfully with the orange side on MS. I felt a little whoosy, but everyone else LOVED it. It is very intense on the take off. I can just picture that little cart spinning, spinning and spinning....:eek:

Yep, the kiddos always think the others stuff is better than their own. I think it is a case of the 'the grass is always greener' scenerio. The only problem is it is usually Jay jealous of what Kay has not the other way around. :confused3

I definitely think that DH need to wear the Big Baby pin. I was wearing again at Epcot. You can see it on my shirt. I would threaten it when anyone would be grumpy and their mood would instantly improve. I was like magic! :wizard:
That is pin is so funny. I LOVED :lovestruc Big Baby on Toy Story 3. I love when it said "Mama!" So cute!

I am glad to see you made it back to the DIS. Cannot wait to read more on your TR. :rolleyes1

mtgirl29
07-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Sorry about your late start to Epcot and missing out on your DIS meet :sad2:

Looks like you were able to get in a few good things before leaving though!
We had stayed away from Spaceship Earth, because I had no idea what kind of ride it was...?

Spaceship Earth is a very slow ride. It is a bit dark in there, but not the least bit fast or scary. It kind of out of date, but we ride it to rest and enjoy the air condition. I definitely think it is a must do for you all on your next trip. The kiddos will not mind it at all.
Cannot wait to read what you think in your next TR. :banana:

mtgirl29
07-26-2011, 01:59 PM
We left Epcot and headed back to the Caribbean Beach Resort. We were hot and exhausted and just wanted to explore the resort a little and enjoy the pool. (Truth be told, DH was super crabby, too! - He probably deserved the Big Baby pin, but he was so grouchy, I didn't want to suggest it. :eek:) We also took a short nap before our ADRs to Olivia's Cafe. It was sooooo NICE and very needed! :cloud9:

Here is some pics of our explorations at CBR on our way to the pool.

Jay is his swimming gear

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2060.jpg

One of the beaches at CBR...BEAUTIFUL!

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2061.jpg

Kay on her journey through CBR to get to the pool so she can swim. This girl would probably pic swimming over Disney. I know, crazy!!!! :confused3

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2062.jpg

A mama duck and her babies in single file and heading for a swim in the lake.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2063.jpg

A closer look at the ducks. :goodvibes

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2064.jpg

A little sailboat on the lake. This resort does have charm and is SO gorgeous!

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2065.jpg

We walked and walked and walked some more. I am sure it was a good 10 minute walk from our room to the pool and we were walking at a pretty good clip.
FINALLY! We made it! Jay in the Pirate kiddie pool.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2066.jpg

Funny story about this pool. It had a height requirement to be able to swim in here. Kay was about 2 inches too tall, but she is very petite for her age. So we didn't think they would notice. Well, the Pool Nazi was running it that day and he promptly had her go over the the big ruler to see if she qualified to be in the pirate kid pool and banished her to the big pool. Which kind of sucked, because Mike and I had got some tropical drinks and we wanted to sit together and watch the kids run around and play. Kay wanted to be in the water, so I picked up all my stuff and her and I headed to the big pool while Mike and Jay hung out at the kiddie pool. :sad2:

Some more pool area pics

The big pool

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2167.jpg

The kiddie pool we were banished from. :guilty:

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2168.jpg

Up next our ADRs at Olivia's Cafe and more food porn!!!! :thumbsup2

mrssmith06
07-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Love the beach at CBR!

That does stink that your DD was too tall for the kiddie area! Sounds like they are very strict about it too... I guess it's good for the little ones so they aren't pushed, shoved and stomped over by a bunch of bigger kids (always a pet peeve of mine at parks) but I highly doubt she would have done any harm there, they should have let her stay! :rolleyes:

MARsMama
07-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Wow, so sorry to hear of your tummy troubles. With the medication that I'm on I deal with issues like that on a daily basis and it's no fun that's for sure. I try not to eat unless I am home where I know I can get to a bathroom in a hurry. It doesn't always happen that way, but thankfully I haven't had any 'accidents' yet. I am hoping that I will be able to go off my meds for our trip to Disney, so I don't have to worry so much.

I've never been on Mission:Space or Spaceship Earth, but they are both on our to-do list for this trip.

Love the big baby pin idea so much, I think I might just have to do something similar on our trip:thumbsup2

The GF food looks delicious, and your resort looks beautiful.

Can't wait to hear more of your TR :)

mtgirl29
07-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Love the beach at CBR!

That does stink that your DD was too tall for the kiddie area! Sounds like they are very strict about it too... I guess it's good for the little ones so they aren't pushed, shoved and stomped over by a bunch of bigger kids (always a pet peeve of mine at parks) but I highly doubt she would have done any harm there, they should have let her stay! :rolleyes:

I do think it is great that they enforce it, because there isn't anything more irritating than a bunch of big kids running rampant around the tiny ones. She is definitely not aggressive and really small for her age. Jay is currently in swim classes so maybe by next time we go he will want to swim in the big pool. He is big for his age, so he may be too tall for the kiddie pool anyway....:lmao: It was kind of a bummer, though, not being able to all hang out together. :sad2:

mtgirl29
07-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Wow, so sorry to hear of your tummy troubles. With the medication that I'm on I deal with issues like that on a daily basis and it's no fun that's for sure. I try not to eat unless I am home where I know I can get to a bathroom in a hurry. It doesn't always happen that way, but thankfully I haven't had any 'accidents' yet. I am hoping that I will be able to go off my meds for our trip to Disney, so I don't have to worry so much.

I've never been on Mission:Space or Spaceship Earth, but they are both on our to-do list for this trip.

Love the big baby pin idea so much, I think I might just have to do something similar on our trip:thumbsup2

The GF food looks delicious, and your resort looks beautiful.

Can't wait to hear more of your TR :)

That is funny that you say that about your meds. I am on a BP med. that I think causes IBS. I also take a Cholesterol lowering med that works the opposite end of the spectrum. So the two together keeps everything evened out, if you get my drift. (I know TMI...:rotfl2:) Well, I went off the Cholesterol meds a week or two before our WDW trip, because I think it is the cause of my heel pain. It cause my joints to be very stiff, too. It really helped for me to be able to get around much more easy in Disney without any pain. I think without it, though, I had the stomach issues with all the rich foods. So long story short, I cannot win for losing!!! :laughing:
I was very apprehensive with eating while on our trip after that first day in MK. :sad2:
I think MS and SE are so much fun and I am sure you guys will, too!!!:thumbsup2
Definitely do the Big Baby pin. It really keeps the kiddos in check. The hubby not so much....:lmao:

IheartDDuck
07-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Boo to the pool nazi! :lmao:

My nephew loves water. Every time we went back to the hotel, he would continually talk about the pool and whether or not we were going there.

mtgirl29
07-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Boo to the pool nazi! :lmao:

My nephew loves water. Every time we went back to the hotel, he would continually talk about the pool and whether or not we were going there.

Yes, definitely boo!

The lil' ones either usually love it or hate it. Glad to hear your nephew loves it!

I noticed you have a couple of TRs going and I am lovin' both of them.

IheartDDuck
07-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Yes, definitely boo!

The lil' ones either usually love it or hate it. Glad to hear your nephew loves it!

I noticed you have a couple of TRs going and I am lovin' both of them.

My nephew loves it, my niece hates it, so it's like a mixed bag in our family.

Thanks for reading my TRs! I have a few too many going on. :laughing:

Corrine 1973
07-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Hey girl, sorry I haven't been around for awile. Things been so crazy that it has been hard just keeping up with my own TR.

Don't apologize for milking your TR, I started mine before yours and I am still on day two also. I guess when it is done my trip will officially be over, so I choose to live in the memories as much as I can.:lmao:

I am so sorry that you didn't like your room as much as you could. I loved that our preferred room was so close to everything and think I will have to go for the upgrade everytime now.:confused3

I am sorry to hear about your tummy troubles on your first day. I get GI troubles at least once a week and it is truely horrible. It comes on so fast, my stomach hurts so bad, and I am hoping to find a bathroom fast. It happened just a couple of days ago at the Water Park at Six Flags and was so horrible, I could imagine having to go through it at WDW. I was lucky to not suffer any problems while we were there, though it was a concern of mine since it happens so often.:headache:

My goodness, how dare that Corrine stand you up and not call you back.:mad: Oh wait, that is me.:lmao: We must have just missed each other. I waited at the front of SE (front of line) until 10:30 and than we went inside to wait in the wheel chair entrance. That is probably where we were when you were looking for us. I guess we were doomed to have close calls but no meets this trip.:confused3

I think my son would have rather done some more pool time than Disney at some points. He asked if we could go back to the pool after we left the show at the American Experiance. I told him that we didn't have time because of our dinner reservations and promised we would get more time at the pool.:goodvibes

Can't wait to read more.

TinksThree
07-27-2011, 01:32 PM
A few posts behind...seems like I always am a few posts behind! :laughing:

that stinks about the tummy troubles! There is nothing worse! The Big Baby pin sounds like something my DH would do! That was priceless! And those steaks looked so awesome!! Made me want to jump in and eat one!

I liked Jay's hat...looks familiar....:rolleyes1 Funny how he changed his tune about the souvenir choice! My kids never do such!! (insert a small dose of sarcasm here! :rotfl:)

Finally, the pool nazis were out at POFQ too! And we weren't even swimming, just sitting on a chair! I understand (and am glad) that they control who enters the kiddie area but as a parent of two, I also have used the older one to "supervise" so I can sit and watch...stinks when that gets "taken away" from you! :) Plus it is more fun for two to play together than seperately!

I think I am all caught back up now!

lbuzz52
07-27-2011, 03:33 PM
I am a Body Glide addict too! i agree it really works!

Love jay's hat!

that pool is so much fun! we were split up as a family too though. we ended up moving james to the zero entry area later so we could all visit.

mtgirl29
07-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Hey girl, sorry I haven't been around for awile. Things been so crazy that it has been hard just keeping up with my own TR.

Don't apologize for milking your TR, I started mine before yours and I am still on day two also. I guess when it is done my trip will officially be over, so I choose to live in the memories as much as I can.:lmao:

I am so sorry that you didn't like your room as much as you could. I loved that our preferred room was so close to everything and think I will have to go for the upgrade everytime now.:confused3

I am sorry to hear about your tummy troubles on your first day. I get GI troubles at least once a week and it is truely horrible. It comes on so fast, my stomach hurts so bad, and I am hoping to find a bathroom fast. It happened just a couple of days ago at the Water Park at Six Flags and was so horrible, I could imagine having to go through it at WDW. I was lucky to not suffer any problems while we were there, though it was a concern of mine since it happens so often.:headache:

My goodness, how dare that Corrine stand you up and not call you back.:mad: Oh wait, that is me.:lmao: We must have just missed each other. I waited at the front of SE (front of line) until 10:30 and than we went inside to wait in the wheel chair entrance. That is probably where we were when you were looking for us. I guess we were doomed to have close calls but no meets this trip.:confused3

I think my son would have rather done some more pool time than Disney at some points. He asked if we could go back to the pool after we left the show at the American Experiance. I told him that we didn't have time because of our dinner reservations and promised we would get more time at the pool.:goodvibes

Can't wait to read more.

I have wondered where you and everyone else has been. I guess life is interrupting their DISlife. :laughing: I remember you saying that you had two kids with stitches. You do have your hands full.

I cannot believe you stood me up!!! :lmao: It was so crazy loud at the parks, I could hardly ever hear my phone.

The tummy troubles were so irritating. I was so looking forward to chowing down, but was scared :scared1: I would pay for it. Not much fun. At least I was able to get around without an EVC....:rotfl2: So I guess it could have been worse.

The pirate rooms were just too far away from all the action. It was nice that it was a themed room, but I need something a little closer next time and an actual mattress so I can get some good sleep and try to recoup from the exhaustion of the parks. We will probably do a Preferred room from now on, too.

The pool was a huge hit with both my kiddos this time, too. We had a whole week of swimming after our Disney trip when we went to Ft. Myers Beach after our trip. Luckily, the condo by the beach had fabulous mattress and I got caught up on my sleep before returning home and the kids got to do a bunch of swimming. We only did 2 days at the pool in Disney.

So glad to hear from you! Cannot wait to read more on your TR, as well. popcorn::

mtgirl29
07-28-2011, 12:06 AM
A few posts behind...seems like I always am a few posts behind! :laughing:

that stinks about the tummy troubles! There is nothing worse! The Big Baby pin sounds like something my DH would do! That was priceless! And those steaks looked so awesome!! Made me want to jump in and eat one!

I liked Jay's hat...looks familiar....:rolleyes1 Funny how he changed his tune about the souvenir choice! My kids never do such!! (insert a small dose of sarcasm here! :rotfl:)

Finally, the pool nazis were out at POFQ too! And we weren't even swimming, just sitting on a chair! I understand (and am glad) that they control who enters the kiddie area but as a parent of two, I also have used the older one to "supervise" so I can sit and watch...stinks when that gets "taken away" from you! :) Plus it is more fun for two to play together than seperately!

I think I am all caught back up now!
I totally know what you mean about being behind. This summer has been very busy and quite hectic. I feel I am need of a vacation again. :rotfl2:

You have to LOVE :love: sibling rivalry. The grass is always greener on my daughter's side according to my son. :laughing:

They really enforce the rules at the pools. I do like to have my DD around to help keep an eye on my DS. It was a really bummer, but I guess it is good that the lifeguards care and pay attention.

I am a Body Glide addict too! i agree it really works!

Love jay's hat!

that pool is so much fun! we were split up as a family too though. we ended up moving james to the zero entry area later so we could all visit.

Body Glide ROCKS! I endured blisters the last two trip and was getting nervous about it until someone recommended it on my PTR. That stuff saved my feet. They were tired at the end of the day, but NO blisters....:cool1:

Jay has not wore that hat since that day. Uuuggghh! For $20 bucks I should dig it out and make him wear it some more. :rotfl2:

Jay :lovestruc:love::lovestruc the kiddie pirate pool. My DH said it was like pulling teeth to get him to leave and join us in the big pool. I guess that qualified him for the Big Baby pin. I wish I would have remembered that at the time. I would have made him wear it at dinner....:lmao:

ctink23
07-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Sorry to hear about your stomach issues! It is good that you slept in the next day.

And it is good to hear that body glide works for blisters! I will have to try that next time.

Sounds like you had a good day at Epcot, followed by some fun at CBR! Though I can't believe the lifeguard was measuring everyone. I understand why they have the policy, and that the lifeguard was doing his job, but it is too bad you all didn't get to stay together.

mtgirl29
07-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your stomach issues! It is good that you slept in the next day.

And it is good to hear that body glide works for blisters! I will have to try that next time.

Sounds like you had a good day at Epcot, followed by some fun at CBR! Though I can't believe the lifeguard was measuring everyone. I understand why they have the policy, and that the lifeguard was doing his job, but it is too bad you all didn't get to stay together.

Yes, the tummy troubles weren't any fun at all! We didn't mean to sleep so late, but we were bushed.

You will definitely have to give Body Glide a try. That stuff is amazing! I couldn't even believe that it worked so wonderfully.

It was good that the lifeguards take their job seriously there! Next time we go, DS will probably be tall for it, too, though. So no worries.
Thanks for reading along!

MARsMama
07-30-2011, 02:27 PM
That is funny that you say that about your meds. I am on a BP med. that I think causes IBS. I also take a Cholesterol lowering med that works the opposite end of the spectrum. So the two together keeps everything evened out, if you get my drift. (I know TMI...:rotfl2:) Well, I went off the Cholesterol meds a week or two before our WDW trip, because I think it is the cause of my heel pain. It cause my joints to be very stiff, too. It really helped for me to be able to get around much more easy in Disney without any pain. I think without it, though, I had the stomach issues with all the rich foods. So long story short, I cannot win for losing!!! :laughing:
I was very apprehensive with eating while on our trip after that first day in MK. :sad2:
I think MS and SE are so much fun and I am sure you guys will, too!!!:thumbsup2
Definitely do the Big Baby pin. It really keeps the kiddos in check. The hubby not so much....:lmao:

Wow, I guess you can't win for losing :( I would be leery about eating too, after an episode like that.
The big baby pin is on my list, I think it's a wonderful idea!:thumbsup2
I have purchased Body Glide as well, I've read so much positive comments about it here I had to pick it up!

mtgirl29
07-30-2011, 03:15 PM
We played at the pool for about 2 hours and then we decided to go back to our room and rest up before our ADRs at Olivia's Cafe.

DH decided to take another way back to our room. We went through the gift shop and of course, I had to do a little shopping. :rolleyes1 I found a pink Minnie Mouse sun visor. After we were done checking out we continued to bus stop number #1. On our way there (which is only a few steps out from the gift shop) we discovered that Jay wasn't with us.....:eek: We literally ran back through the doors of the gift shop and saw Jay running frantically around looking for us. We called his name and he looked SO relieved! I was also relieved. I was in PANIC mode and couldn't believe we misplaced him for even a nano second....
I thought it was a good time to explain to him that if that ever happened again that he was to go to the nearest CM and tell them his name and wait with them until we were reunited. VERY SCARY!!!! :scared1:

We ended up getting right on a bus at bus stop #1 and took it to bus stop # 6 which was right in front of our building. SCORE! :thumbsup2
Ventured back to our room and showered and then we all napped for an hour then got up and freshened up a bit and were off to our ADRs at Olivia's Cafe in Old Key West.

I LOVED this place! I really hadn't hear much about this restaurant, but definitely think it is a hidden gem. The food was so delicious and one of the best meals we had in WDW.

Here's some pics of our night.

Even though, the rest of us got a nap.....Kay did not. She quietly played her DS at the table while we rested.
Jay got a nap but he was very giddy at this dinner, as was Kay. Mike and I kept commenting on how 'slap happy' they seemed. I knew the trip was starting to take it's toll on them and they were utterly exhausted.
Just look at these faces!

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2067.jpg

They were on the verge on insanity....

This restaurant was very quaint and had a very homey feel. It seemed like a little Mom and Pop place in a beach town. Our waitress was so down to earth and seemed like a distant relative. It felt very inviting and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Here is the bread they served at the beginning of the meal.
It was pineapple bread and sorry about it being half eaten. It was so scrumptious and we had already indulged before I even thought about the camera.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2068.jpg

DH had a BBQd pork chop with homeade mac n' cheese and spinach.
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2069.jpg

I had chicken fried chicken with white gravy, mashed potatoes and green beans. Something everyone needs to know about vacation; calories DO NOT count....(Hubs and I switched our veggies. He is not a fan of spinach, but I love both so thought I would oblige ;))

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2071.jpg

While we were eating our dinner, the lovely waitress brought out more of that yummy bread. Here is a better pic!

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2072.jpg

Can anyone guess what the kiddos chose for their dinner????.....Yes, you guessed it cheese pizza. My kids are going to turn into a cheese pizza on this trip. :headache:

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2073.jpg
(The look on Jay's face is priceless. I tell you he was going crazy at this dinner. :laughing:)

Here is a pic of Kay going insane. :rotfl: I look kind of nutty myself and why am I STILL wearing the Big Baby pin??? I think I was the only one who wore it on this whole trip and I know I wasn't the only baby.....:rotfl2:

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_20110530_201907.jpg

For dessert I had the most flavorful warm banana bread pudding with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. This dessert just melted in your mouth. I would have bathed in this stuff. YUM! The warm sauce over top was to die for.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2074.jpg

Kay had the 'make your own sundae'

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2075.jpg

Of course, Jay had the same. The only difference he just had chocolate syrup.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2077.jpg

Hubs had the chocolate cake. He said it would have been a lot better with out the sprinkles. He is not a fan of sprinkles. :confused3

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2076.jpg

After we were done eating we stopped by the gift shop off the cafe and picked up some post cards to mail back home for family, friends and such. I think DH and Jay picked out a magnet or something and then we were out of there.

All in all this is a beautiful timeshare resort and an awesome restaurant. I would go back here in a heart beat. I almost felt like I need to sign up to stay here always. I was in :love:!!!

Back to our room to get ready for bed. We had a BIG day at DHS planned the next day.

Disney Hollywood Studios up next, stay tuned! popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

MARsMama
07-30-2011, 05:18 PM
I gotta say I'm loving your trip report:lovestruc
Your dessert looks so delicious!!!
I told Dh about the big baby pin and he agrees that we should do that too:thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about your DHS day!!

dancingdisneydreamer
07-30-2011, 05:32 PM
I just started reading your report and I'm hooked! So far it seems like you guys had a great trip :)

TinksThree
07-30-2011, 06:08 PM
I have heard little of Olivia's Cafe but that food looks so good!! That place may need to go on my short list. We have friends that have Key West as their DVC home resort and adore it! I would rather my tired kids slap-happy giddy than screaming any day!! :laughing:

mtgirl29
07-30-2011, 06:31 PM
I gotta say I'm loving your trip report:lovestruc
Your dessert looks so delicious!!!
I told Dh about the big baby pin and he agrees that we should do that too:thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about your DHS day!!

Awww! Thanks MARSMama! That means a lot to me. I am living it again while I report it.
That banana pudding was so good. I am craving it, right now! :laughing:
Someone said that you can buy the Big Baby pin on ebay. If you get it, let me know.

I just started reading your report and I'm hooked! So far it seems like you guys had a great trip :)

:welcome: Glad you found my TR. We did have a fabulous trip. There were a few wrenches thrown in the plan, but all in all it was a great trip!

mtgirl29
07-30-2011, 06:35 PM
I have heard little of Olivia's Cafe but that food looks so good!! That place may need to go on my short list. We have friends that have Key West as their DVC home resort and adore it! I would rather my tired kids slap-happy giddy than screaming any day!! :laughing:

Definitely put it on your short list! You will not be disappointed.
DH and I have played with the idea of getting into the DVC. It is pretty pricey, though. We would definitely have to save up. OKW is so beautiful, though. I truly didn't want to leave. It gives off wonderful vibes there.
You are correct about kids being giddy, slap happy and giggly is so much better than screaming and crying.

Echo queen
07-30-2011, 10:35 PM
So was the pork chop juicypopcorn:: I didn't see the the chicken on the menu. It all looks delish. Did you drive over? Great report.:)

mtgirl29
07-31-2011, 02:11 AM
So was the pork chop juicypopcorn:: I didn't see the the chicken on the menu. It all looks delish. Did you drive over? Great report.:)

Yes the pork chop was definitely juicy. It was a little pink. Apparently, you can do that with pork, so that it doesn't dry it out. I was always under the impression that pork had to be cooked until white to avoid getting sick. The waitress told us how it would be cooked before we ordered. :confused3 It was very yummy and we didn't get sick, so I guess it was okay to be a bit pink. I think she called it medium/well.

We did drive to OKW. We actually drove more on this trip than we had ever in the past. The transportation seemed so overcrowded and slow the week we were there.

Thanks for reading! Glad you are enjoying it! :cloud9:

MARsMama
07-31-2011, 10:07 AM
Ohh, I'll have to check ebay out as it would be great to have the pin before we even leave!:thumbsup2

Echo queen
07-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Ohh, I'll have to check ebay out as it would be great to have the pin before we even leave!:thumbsup2

Yeah my pin arrived from ebay last week, we are ready. Let the packing begin.:)

mtgirl29
07-31-2011, 10:23 PM
MARSMama, I am keeping my fingers crossed that you can find the pin. Are you going to make the cousins wear it, too! :rotfl2

Echo queen, so glad that you finally got your pin. This should make for some great stories! :thumbsup2 You don't have long now. I bet you are SUPER excited!

IheartDDuck
07-31-2011, 10:28 PM
I love Olivia's too! You are right, it is definitely a hidden restaurant that doesn't get a whole lot of love.

Gotta love slap happy kids. They always crack me up when they cross that line when you just know they've gone into crazy tired zone.

Lidian
08-02-2011, 06:06 PM
TK, loving the updates! I have no issues trying GFC on our Girls Trip ... because I think that you'd back me up if the server was a ... well.. you-know. :lmao:

Sorry to hear you got stuck with the Big Baby pin ... but glad that a mention of trading it off helped perk everyone up! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry the Pool Nazi was on duty. DD was too big for the area, but she loved playing in it. She wasn't wreaking havoc, and let little ones take priority ... but there wasn't very many there when we went. She even went down the little kiddie slides. So it stinks that some jerk ruined your fun. I mean, I get the height limits .... but it should only be enforced on something like that if there's an issue, and there clearly wasn't. I even played in the splash area. :sad2:

I really want to try Olivia's. I had it booked in 2009 and then changed my mind. So guess it will have to be a future trip. ;)

Can't wait to read more!!! popcorn::

lbuzz52
08-02-2011, 06:17 PM
oh i bet you were freakin out when you realized Jay wasn't there. i would have been. i've instructed Maya that if she ever gets separated she is to go to the nearest cash registers for help from an employee. I figured that would eliminate wandering in circles trying to find a staffer.

your kiddos are too cute at Olivia's. i had no idea that was called slap happy. we have that at our house too. i figure it definitely beats the alternative attitude.

your banana bread pudding looks soooo tasty. it looks like ohanas.

can't wait to hear about DHS!

mtgirl29
08-19-2011, 09:14 PM
I love Olivia's too! You are right, it is definitely a hidden restaurant that doesn't get a whole lot of love.

Gotta love slap happy kids. They always crack me up when they cross that line when you just know they've gone into crazy tired zone.

It was definitely one of our best meals and we will be visiting it again on our next trip!

Slap happy is so much better than meltdown mode!

TK, loving the updates! I have no issues trying GFC on our Girls Trip ... because I think that you'd back me up if the server was a ... well.. you-know. :lmao:

Sorry to hear you got stuck with the Big Baby pin ... but glad that a mention of trading it off helped perk everyone up! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry the Pool Nazi was on duty. DD was too big for the area, but she loved playing in it. She wasn't wreaking havoc, and let little ones take priority ... but there wasn't very many there when we went. She even went down the little kiddie slides. So it stinks that some jerk ruined your fun. I mean, I get the height limits .... but it should only be enforced on something like that if there's an issue, and there clearly wasn't. I even played in the splash area. :sad2:

I really want to try Olivia's. I had it booked in 2009 and then changed my mind. So guess it will have to be a future trip. ;)

Can't wait to read more!!! popcorn::

Yep, I was the sacrificial lamb and had to wear the Big Baby pin the whole trip!:rotfl2: or maybe I WAS the Big Baby.....:eek:

It would have been fun for Kay to be able to play in the kiddie area, but rules are rules. I like to say, though, rules are made to be broken....:laughing:
No one was going to get past that pool nazi, though.

You really have to try Olivia's it was SUPERB!!!!

mtgirl29
08-19-2011, 09:20 PM
oh i bet you were freakin out when you realized Jay wasn't there. i would have been. i've instructed Maya that if she ever gets separated she is to go to the nearest cash registers for help from an employee. I figured that would eliminate wandering in circles trying to find a staffer.

your kiddos are too cute at Olivia's. i had no idea that was called slap happy. we have that at our house too. i figure it definitely beats the alternative attitude.

your banana bread pudding looks soooo tasty. it looks like ohanas.

can't wait to hear about DHS!

I was feeling like I was on the verge of FLIPPING out, when he wasn't with us. That is one of my biggest fears of one of the kiddos going missing or being abducted.
We went over what to do if we are seperated with Kay and Jay. So maybe it was a blessing in disguise to be able to bring it up again with them to keep it fresh in their memory.

Slap happy is better than crying any day!

The bread pudding was sooooo delish. I could really use one right about now. I haven't tried Ohana's yet, maybe on our next trip. :rolleyes1

mtgirl29
08-19-2011, 09:23 PM
I am still alive. I have been incredibly busy with getting the kids ready and back to school and my mom had surgery on her foot and stress fractured her other ankle. So my plate has very full with dr. appts and such.
Cannot wait to get back in the groove and catch up on everyone's TRs and start on mine again. I have really been slacking. :sad2:

lbuzz52
08-22-2011, 09:57 AM
A TR is a lot of work, especially with real life always getting in the way:)

TinksThree
08-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Boy do I know what you mean! I have been struggling with keeping up on everything! We have started school here and it has been pretty much non-stop! Can't wait to hear more on your adventures!

radev104
08-23-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm joining in. I got hooked. Can't wait to read the rest.:goodvibes

MARsMama
08-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Keeping up with PTRs and TRs is certainly tricky when there's so much going on in real life. Things have slowed down for the moment here so I'm trying to catch up....as well as get my own PTR updated!!:rolleyes1

My cousin's family have decided to use a villian pin instead of a big baby one, and we may go that route as well. I think I'll wait until we get down there and see what 'pops' out at me. The idea is great though, it will be interesting to look back on photos and see who was wearing 'the pin' that particular day!! :rotfl:

Sorry to hear about your Mom, I hope she's doing well and healing nicely:lovestruc

Lidian
11-14-2011, 02:58 PM
MISS TK!!! I want to know what happens at DHS! Come back and tell us! Miss you! :grouphug:

mtgirl29
11-15-2011, 11:30 PM
MISS TK!!! I want to know what happens at DHS! Come back and tell us! Miss you! :grouphug:

AWWWW! Lidian! It is so nice to be missed. You have convinced me. I will continue with my TR, even though, everyone else has probably already forgotten about me. :sad1: Stay tuned for DHS story.....CRAZY!!!!! popcorn::

TheThomsLuvDisney
11-15-2011, 11:55 PM
I can't wait!:rotfl2:

Lidian
11-16-2011, 07:08 AM
AWWWW! Lidian! It is so nice to be missed. You have convinced me. I will continue with my TR, even though, everyone else has probably already forgotten about me. :sad1: Stay tuned for DHS story.....CRAZY!!!!! popcorn::

See, you still have readers!!!!!

And if anyone bailed, that's their problem. They'll miss all the goodness! :woohoo: More for us.

Can't wait to hear about Crazy DHS!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

mtgirl29
11-16-2011, 09:51 AM

:rotfl2: Is right! Thanks for reading along!!!

See, you still have readers!!!!!

And if anyone bailed, that's their problem. They'll miss all the goodness! :woohoo: More for us.

Can't wait to hear about Crazy DHS!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Definitely more craziness for the 3 of us.....:lmao:

Corrine 1973
11-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Don't forget me, I'm still around. But I know what you mean, I think I have lost all my readers as well and I can't update with pictures until my computer is fixed.:mad:

mtgirl29
11-16-2011, 12:04 PM
I am back!!!! I know it has been a long time coming. Life just got in the way of my trip report and I hate when that happens. :eek:

When I left off we were going to DHS the next day.
We got up early, but not early enough to make Rope Drop. We entered the park soon after RD, though. Will we ever make RD?...???

Entering the park. Look at that view

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2078-1.jpg

Here is a picture of the kids. Jay isn't very happy because he knows we will have to ride the Tower of Terror.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2080-1.jpg

Look at that face

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2079-1.jpg

We waited for DH (he ran to get FPs for Toy Story Mania) then when he got back we rode. Kay and Jay were very apprehensive because of all the blood curdling screams that come from that hotel.

We then went and got a quick breakfast, I think it was yogurt and fruit and then we went to One Man's Dream. We had never experienced that one before and it was FABULOUS!!!! I found myself tearing up during the video. Walt is just an amazing man!!!

While we were walking down the street we found some street performers. DHS is such a magical place!

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2082-1.jpg

Then we made it over to Star Tours. We knew it had been refurbished and we were all excited to experience it.

Here is some of pics while waiting in line.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2083-1.jpg

Jay is much more happy for this ride

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2084-1.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2085-1.jpg

Once we got off the ride we got a pic of Kay and Jay as Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2610.jpg

While Mike was checking out, the kids and I went outside and got a pic of the kids on.....

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2088-1.jpg

Then after Mike joined us we went and watched the 3D Muppet Show. This is a must on every trip. After that we went and rode TSM since our FPs were due.

After that we decided to go to the ABC Commissary for lunch.
I didn't take pics, but I am sure it was some kind of chicken since the kiddos are all about the chicken nuggets.

Here's some pics

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2090-1.jpg
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2089-1.jpg

We decided to ride the Rockin Roller Coaster. This would be our very first time, since Kay was now tall enough....:cool1:

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2091-1.jpg

We absolutely loved :love: it. Kay and I hooted and hollered the whole entire ride. After we were done. I waited with Jay and Mike got to ride with Kay.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2092-1.jpg

Look at those HUGE smiles! Mike loved it, too!!!

We decide to get a little snack while waiting for our FPs to come due for Star Tours again. So we stopped and got the chocolate covered Mickey ice-cream bars.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2094-1.jpg

I think Jay was sleeping while eating his.....:rotfl2:

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2095-1.jpg

Here is a better pic

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2096-1.jpg

We decided to use the restroom and then got to the Indiana Jones Stunt show while we waited to ride Star Tours again. Well Kay and I went to one restroom and Jay and Mike went to the other. All of a sudden I hear Kay gasp! She runs out of the stall and shows me what is going on. She had dropped some of the chocolate coating off of her Mickey treat on to the crouch of her pants and it looks like she had a horrible accident. It looks like she messed her pants....POOR KAY! She is hysterical and I don't have a change of clothes for her. Finally, Mike and Jay come out of the bathroom and Kay is in tears and shows Mike what has happened. I am thinking we will probably need to leave and go back to the resort because her shorts are a mess. Mike comes up with the bright idea to go to one of the gift shops and get her some new shorts. :thumbsup2 So the day is saved!!!!

I will tell you that the shorts were soooo expensive like $25 for some cheap stretchy shorts. Mike went ahead and got her a Tinkerbell tank top that matched for like $30. You could buy this outfit at a regular store for about $15, but we were desperate. OH WELL! We are on vacation, RIGHT?!?!
DH saved the day. Kay changed and we went on to the Stunt Show.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2099.jpg

After that we rode Star Tours again and then Kay and I headed down to RnR and rode that it again.

Heres some pics that Mike took while waiting for Kay and I to get back.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2113.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2114.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/IMG_2115.jpg
We then met up with Mike and Jay and looked around some of the gift shops and then we decided to go back to the resort since by this time it was getting late.

Up next Rainy Days at Animal Kingdom............

mtgirl29
11-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Don't forget me, I'm still around. But I know what you mean, I think I have lost all my readers as well and I can't update with pictures until my computer is fixed.:mad:

YIPPPPEEE! Corrine! Just the 4 of us! :rotfl2:

Lidian is a persistant little devil. I thought I better get my hiney back on here and update.....:rotfl:

Feels great to be back. I need to go over to your TR and catch up!
I promised myself that I would finish my TR if it took me until next year (we are closer than I like to think)....:lmao:

Lidian
11-16-2011, 12:21 PM

I'm still reading yours, too, Corrine! :p

I hope you get your PC fixed soon, because I wanna know what happens next! popcorn::

Lidian
11-16-2011, 12:37 PM
I am back!!!! I know it has been a long time coming. Life just got in the way of my trip report and I hate when that happens. :eek:

When I left off we were going to DHS the next day.
We got up early, but not early enough to make Rope Drop. We entered the park soon after RD, though. Will we ever make RD?...???

Hmm... No? lol

Entering the park. Look at that view

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2078-1.jpg

Here is a picture of the kids. Jay isn't very happy because he knows we will have to ride the Tower of Terror.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2080-1.jpg

Look at that face

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2079-1.jpg

We waited for DH (he ran to get FPs for Toy Story Mania) then when he got back we rode. Kay and Jay were very apprehensive because of all the blood curdling screams that come from that hotel.

I'm totally with J on this one. How did the kids do on it? You can't leave me hanging! :lmao:

We then went and got a quick breakfast, I think it was yogurt and fruit and then we went to One Man's Dream. We had never experienced that one before and it was FABULOUS!!!! I found myself tearing up during the video. Walt is just an amazing man!!!

While we were walking down the street we found some street performers. DHS is such a magical place!

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2082-1.jpg

Then we made it over to Star Tours. We knew it had been refurbished and we were all excited to experience it.

Here is some of pics while waiting in line.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2083-1.jpg

Jay is much more happy for this ride

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2084-1.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2085-1.jpg

Once we got off the ride we got a pic of Kay and Jay as Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2610.jpg

While Mike was checking out, the kids and I went outside and got a pic of the kids on.....

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2088-1.jpg

Totally love the pics! Especially J's excited face, and the kids as Luke and Leia!

Then after Mike joined us we went and watched the 3D Muppet Show. This is a must on every trip. After that we went and rode TSM since our FPs were due.

After that we decided to go to the ABC Commissary for lunch.
I didn't take pics, but I am sure it was some kind of chicken since the kiddos are all about the chicken nuggets.

Here's some pics

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2090-1.jpg
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2089-1.jpg

We decided to ride the Rockin Roller Coaster. This would be our very first time, since Kay was now tall enough....:cool1:

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2091-1.jpg

We absolutely loved :love: it. Kay and I hooted and hollered the whole entire ride. After we were done. I waited with Jay and Mike got to ride with Kay.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2092-1.jpg

Look at those HUGE smiles! Mike loved it, too!!!

So glad everyone loved RnRC!

We decide to get a little snack while waiting for our FPs to come due for Star Tours again. So we stopped and got the chocolate covered Mickey ice-cream bars.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2094-1.jpg

I think Jay was sleeping while eating his.....

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2095-1.jpg

Here is a better pic

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2096-1.jpg

We decided to use the restroom and then got to the Indiana Jones Stunt show while we waited to ride Star Tours again. Well Kay and I went to one restroom and Jay and Mike went to the other. All of a sudden I hear Kay gasp! She runs out of the stall and shows me what is going on. She had dropped some of the chocolate coating off of her Mickey treat on to the crouch of her pants and it looks like she had a horrible accident. It looks like she messed her pants....POOR KAY! She is hysterical and I don't have a change of clothes for her. Finally, Mike and Jay come out of the bathroom and Kay is in tears and shows Mike what has happened. I am thinking we will probably need to leave and go back to the resort because her shorts are a mess. Mike comes up with the bright idea to go to one of the gift shops and get her some new shorts. :thumbsup2 So the day is saved!!!!

I will tell you that the shorts were soooo expensive like $25 for some cheap stretchy shorts. Mike went ahead and got her a Tinkerbell tank top that matched for like $30. You could buy this outfit at a regular store for about $15, but we were desperate. OH WELL! We are on vacation, RIGHT?!?!
DH saved the day. Kay changed and we went on to the Stunt Show.

Sorry about K's "accident". That would totally bum me out, too. Poor thing! Well, did you take a pic of her in her new little outfit? And yes, clothes are super expensive down there! Glad that DH saved the day. My DH would have made me take DD in, wash her shorts in the sink, and dry them the best I could.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2099.jpg

After that we rode Star Tours again and then Kay and I headed down to RnR and rode that it again.

Heres some pics that Mike took while waiting for Kay and I to get back.

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2113.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2114.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g351/mtgirl29/th_IMG_2115.jpg
We then met up with Mike and Jay and looked around some of the gift shops and then we decided to go back to the resort since by this time it was getting late.

Up next Rainy Days at Animal Kingdom............

Can't wait to hear about AK ... but I hate that it was rainy!

YIPPPPEEE! Corrine! Just the 4 of us!

Lidian is a persistant little devil. I thought I better get my hiney back on here and update.....

I promised myself that I would finish my TR if it took me until next year (we are closer than I like to think)....

You know me, I don't know how to give up. Glad you are back! Both of you!

Corrine 1973
11-16-2011, 12:50 PM
YIPPPPEEE! Corrine! Just the 4 of us! :rotfl2:

Lidian is a persistant little devil. I thought I better get my hiney back on here and update.....:rotfl:

I promised myself that I would finish my TR if it took me until next year (we are closer than I like to think)....:lmao:

Haha you are so right. If it wasn't for Lidian I probably would have forgoten all about my TR in post Disney Depression with no hope of going next year unless I get some good money. LOL..

I can't believer that it was almost a year ago when I started planning last years trip. How the time does fly.

I'm still reading yours, too, Corrine! :p

I hope you get your PC fixed soon, because I wanna know what happens next! popcorn::

Hopefull the computer will be fixed by this weekend. Using a loaner now, but since the original owner is no longer with us I can't do anything because it needs a pass word and we can't get that unless we get a spirit board.:lmao: I can get into photo bucket but not able to copy the code for the pics.:headache:

Great update TK, isn't this the day you saw me at ST but we didn't here you?
Can't wait to here about AK.

Lidian
11-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Haha you are so right. If it wasn't for Lidian I probably would have forgoten all about my TR in post Disney Depression with no hope of going next year unless I get some good money. LOL..

I can't believer that it was almost a year ago when I started planning last years trip. How the time does fly.

Hopefull the computer will be fixed by this weekend. Using a loaner now, but since the original owner is no longer with us I can't do anything because it needs a pass word and we can't get that unless we get a spirit board.:lmao: I can get into photo bucket but not able to copy the code for the pics.:headache:

Great update TK, isn't this the day you saw me at ST but we didn't here you?
Can't wait to here about AK.

Corrine, is the PC now yours, or still a loan? If it's yours, you can probably get that password reset (or reformatting may take it off). I can ask DH when he gets home if you need some PC help. :goodvibes

Regardless, I hope you get it sorted out so you can post, post, post! I feel entitled to hear about your trip since I tagged along on the PTR. :lmao::rotfl2:

(Oh, and I totally understand the Disney depression. I went through it as well. And I'll go through it again. But DH has agreed to my Girls Trip for 2013, so at least I have that to look forward to. lol