PDA

View Full Version : Food And Wine Festival is sounding interesting this year

k5jmh
06-13-2011, 08:28 PM
:thumbsup2

What’s hot this year? Here are the headlines:
Hawaii, the Caribbean islands and Portugal all debut Marketplaces – look for Kailua pork sliders in Hawaii, ropa vieja in the Caribbean and calamari salad in Portugal.
The new Odyssey Lounge opens, where guests can check in with friends and family back home, play games and surf the web while enjoying a specialty cocktail or a glass of wine or beer. There’s even a charging station for mobile phones and other electronic devices.
Celeb chefs are back – top culinarians like Jeff Henderson, Cat Cora, Alan Wong, Gale Gand, Suvir Saran, Jamie Deen, Rock Harper, Celina Tio and more. All told, more than 270 chefs participate.
There’s always fun stuff at the Festival Welcome Center, from a wine bar to tasting seminars and free sessions with cookbook authors.
Eat to the Beat! Concert Series is back at America Gardens Theatre with first timers the Pointer Sisters, The Orchestra starring former members of ELO and Gin Blossoms. Taylor Dayne kicks it off opening weekend.
Also back are First Bites Opening Reception on Sept. 29 (one time only); Kitchen Memories (formerly Celebrating Family and Friends in the Kitchen); Mixology Seminar, and “3D” Disney Dessert Discovery. And of course the grand Party for the Senses!
A new Cranberry Bog display by Craisons tells the story behind the cranberry’s rich agricultural heritage.
The Party for the Senses grand tasting events and other special wine and culinary programs require reservations and separate event admission. Guests can call 407/WDW-FEST (939-3378) for information and to make reservations for special events and programs (Aug. 16 is the date you can start booking). Festival details are available at www.disneyworld.com/foodandwine

SamSam
06-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks for posting...it sounds like they've added a few new, interesting things. Love it when they do that!

But I sure wish we could book earlier!!! It's pretty hard to get ADR's at that late date, but I can't book the ADR's until I know what Food and Wine Events Dh and I will go to. :confused3

Mouse Skywalker
06-14-2011, 05:07 AM
I thought the Hawaii addition sounded interesting too. Hmmmm, Aulani opens at the end of August and the Food & Wine Festival gets a Hawaii booth... synergy!!!

topolino
06-14-2011, 06:48 AM
Sounds great! I love the new additions, and I'm glad they are utilizing the old Odyssey space like they do at WoL Pavilion for other special events.

Looking forward to going in late October! :thumbsup2

BriarRosie
06-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Of course they do something cool the first year in almost a decade that I'm not attending. :rotfl2:

OKW Lover
06-14-2011, 05:10 PM
A new Cranberry Bog display by Craisons tells the story behind the cranberry’s rich agricultural heritage.

Great - travel all the way to WDW just to see cranberry bogs like I drive by every day. :rolleyes1

OKW Lover
06-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Mike - will you and Christy be at F&W this year or has London/Paris consumed all your discretionary funds/vacation time?

k5jmh
06-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Mike - will you and Christy be at F&W this year or has London/Paris consumed all your discretionary funds/vacation time?

Jeff, we would love to take a 3 day weekend in October. We will just have to see how much of Paris Christy brings back. :rotfl2:

TMcDwyer
06-14-2011, 10:45 PM
I am excited! This will be my first time at F&W. :)

linnell
06-15-2011, 06:11 AM
Great - travel all the way to WDW just to see cranberry bogs like I drive by every day. :rolleyes1

I was thinking the same thing!

zendisney
06-15-2011, 10:07 PM
Sounds like some realy cool additions this year,I dream about going. One of these days... It really sounds like fun.