PDA

View Full Version : Tony's Opening Number

daneenm
06-13-2011, 06:05 PM
OK, I was sure I would log on to find this discussion already started...

Loved the opening number on the Tony's broadcast last night.."not just for gays anymore..." Neil Patrick Harris just cracked us up!

disneyholic family
06-13-2011, 06:08 PM
and here's the link - NPH performing the opening of the tony awards....the guy's amazing!!!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6S5caRGpK4

i must have watched it 10 times already...

:goodvibes

disneyholic family
06-13-2011, 06:11 PM
and while i'm posting links, here's the dueling hosts number from the tonys - hugh jackman and NPH - both incredibly talented!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkSpdvmXwDo&feature=related

linnell
06-13-2011, 06:18 PM
I thought it was brilliant. I love me some NPH.

Joshua_me
06-13-2011, 06:22 PM
"We're asking every hetero to get to know us better, oh, it's not just for gays anymore !" :rotfl2:

I don't think I can quote my favorite line here on The Dis, so the above will have to do. :rotfl:

I thought it was brilliant and hilarious. :thumbsup2

wdwscout
06-13-2011, 07:17 PM
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Great opening number.
And I LOVED the closing number as well. :cool1:

k5jmh
06-13-2011, 07:21 PM
"attention every breeder you're invited to the theater...". :rotfl2:

roomthreeseventeen
06-13-2011, 07:23 PM
I thought it was amazing, too!

Because of where we were sitting, we couldn't see when NPH went into the audience. That made the weird, awkward moment with Brooke Shields even funnier, I think.

However, DH said next year we are springing for the downstairs seats. :rotfl:

mikelan6
06-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Breeders should stay away from the theater ... ticket prices are too high as it is. :banana:

princessbride6205
06-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Loved the opening number!!
Does anyone know you wrote the lyrics?
I missed the Hugh Jackman one - off to youtube!

roomthreeseventeen
06-14-2011, 09:38 AM
The opening number was written by David Javerbaum and Adam Schlesinger. The rap at the end was written by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Thomas Kail.

disneyholic family
06-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Loved the opening number!!
Does anyone know you wrote the lyrics?
I missed the Hugh Jackman one - off to youtube!

here's the hugh jackman one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkSpdvmXwDo&feature=related

sayhello
06-14-2011, 10:48 AM
I *loved* the opening number! I was just amazed that some parts of it got past the sensors! :)

I also loved the "dueling hosts" number. Hugh Jackman and Neil Patrick Harris. Sigh...

I really liked the whole show. The musical numbers were first rate, it moved well, and NPH kept things funny. I think the biggest surprise was Daniel Radcliffe as J. Pierrepont Finch!!! :eek: Who knew he was a song and dance man?? I was really impressed by him. He's a serious hoofer. There was no "Oh, well, he's OK for a celebrity". He kept up and blended perfectly with all the other dancers on stage. That was some seriously hard choreography. He definitely has a future in the theater.

Sayhello

daneenm
06-14-2011, 11:24 AM
I think the biggest surprise was Daniel Radcliffe as J. Pierrepont Finch!!! :eek: Who knew he was a song and dance man?? I was really impressed by him. He's a serious hoofer. There was no "Oh, well, he's OK for a celebrity". He kept up and blended perfectly with all the other dancers on stage. That was some seriously hard choreography. He definitely has a future in the theater.

I completely agree. DH and I were sitting on the couch saying 'Wow, he is pretty good!'

Sooze
06-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Personally, I think NPH should host EVERY awards show. He is such a natural, genuine, humorous, talented person. This opening number was FABULOUS!!!

PeterPan09
06-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Personally, I think NPH should host EVERY awards show. He is such a natural, genuine, humorous, talented person. This opening number was FABULOUS!!!

I think next year he should host with Jackman. That would be awesome!!

Sooze
06-16-2011, 08:16 PM
I think next year he should host with Jackman. That would be awesome!!

:thumbsup2 Agreed!! :thumbsup2