PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hitting the sales this weekend?

*NikkiBell*
06-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Both Bath & Body Works AND Yankee Candle are having their semi-annual sales. I also found coupons online for free stuff or an extra amount off. Woohoo! Anyone else shopping this weekend?

jcb
06-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Standing in line for compost and rain barrel sale.

k5jmh
06-11-2011, 10:50 AM
hmmm...Macbook Air or Nikki eating Lox?

NancyIL
06-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Bath and Body Works is tempting, but I truly NEED nothing. I still have stuff underneath my bathroom sink that I bought on sale years ago!

mainegal
06-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Bath and Body Works is tempting, but I truly NEED nothing. I still have stuff underneath my bathroom sink that I bought on sale years ago!

Same here! I am refusing to go near the place so I won't be tempted.
I am also not buying any more shampoo, even if it is on sale, until I use up all my small bottles of hotel shampoo.

NancyIL
06-11-2011, 11:39 AM
I am also not buying any more shampoo, even if it is on sale, until I use up all my small bottles of hotel shampoo.

Yes - that, too! I have several drawers full of little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap. (I hate to throw away a perfectly good bar of hotel soap!)

GaSleepingBeautyFan
06-11-2011, 11:49 AM

I gave all of my little bottles of hotel shampoo and unused hotel soaps to the local homeless shelter. They were thrilled to get it.

I'm not going anywhere near Bath and Body Works this weekend. I have plenty of stuff and need my cash for our California vacation.

NancyIL
06-11-2011, 12:00 PM
I gave all of my little bottles of hotel shampoo and unused hotel soaps to the local homeless shelter. They were thrilled to get it.

What a great idea! When I used to volunteer at a food pantry, any toiletry items that were donated were always picked up very quickly.

*NikkiBell*
06-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Wow. Talk about party poopers. ;)

I am back from my early morning shopping bonanza. Here are the results:

Bath & Body Works
Original Total of $130
Paid $31.03

Yankee Candle
Original Total of $62.40
Paid $23.54.

I was also able to get two gifts in this batch. I am a happy camper. :)

mainegal
06-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Wow. Talk about party poopers. ;)

I am back from my early morning shopping bonanza. Here are the results:

Bath & Body Works
Original Total of $130
Paid $31.03

Yankee Candle
Original Total of $62.40
Paid $23.54.
I was also able to get two gifts in this batch. I am a happy camper. :)

Sorry we were such party poopers. I went for an early morning walk / jog. Rode my bike downtown for lunch, walked around and did not buy anything.

It looks like you "saved" a lot of money at Bath & Body and I am sure you got "good buys". But your "savings" is based on list price, right? Does anyone really pay the price on the label?

I hate it at Penney's where the staff is trained to say "you saved $$ today". My answer is that I never would have paid the original price. If I really wanted to save my money, I would not have come into the store!

Halloweenqueen
06-11-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm waiting for the Disney sale on Thursday! :goodvibes

NancyIL
06-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Sorry we were such party poopers. I went for an early morning walk / jog. Rode my bike downtown for lunch, walked around and did not buy anything.

It looks like you "saved" a lot of money at Bath & Body and I am sure you hot "good buys". But your "savings" is based on list price, right? Does anyone really pay the price on the label?

I hate it st Penney's where the staff is trained to say "you saved $$ today". My answer is that I never would have paid the original price. If I really wanted to save my money, I would not have come into the store!

I also "save" a lot - by staying away from the mall!

NC Belle
06-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Sunday shopping...maybe Trader Joe's with MIL before going to my favorite Sis-in-law's for dinner.

Monday or Tuesday...planning to get some OC or outlets in DE stuff...maybe

Hoping to buy some OC treats and crabs.

dansyr2514
06-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Victorias secret semi annual sale just started too!

mainegal
06-11-2011, 11:38 PM
I also "save" a lot - by staying away from the mall!

I "saved" money by moving to Maine.

When I lived in New Jersey twenty years ago, I had four major malls five to ten miles from home. There are now many more mega strip malls within a few miles from Mom's house, although with traffic they are not easy drives.

Here in Maine there are two malls. They are both easy highway drives of 60 minutes north or 75 minutes south.

*NikkiBell*
06-12-2011, 12:09 AM

It looks like you "saved" a lot of money at Bath & Body and I am sure you got "good buys". But your "savings" is based on list price, right? Does anyone really pay the price on the label?

I hate it at Penney's where the staff is trained to say "you saved $$ today". My answer is that I never would have paid the original price. If I really wanted to save my money, I would not have come into the store!

Actually, yes, people do pay the price on the label. In fact, I would have spent money this weekend at Bath & Body Works or not as I was purchasing two gifts for friends and a few things for me that I am running out of.

Bath & Body Works does not have a sale on all store items regularly. Sometimes they have one thing on sale while other times they might have another. Still, there are times when nothing I use is on sale. I have spent $10.50 on a bottle of shower gel before; this is list price. I have also spent $5.00 on foaming hand soap; this is list price. With this being said, their semi-annual sale is just that and done semi-annually. This sale is when their products are at their cheapest. It happens in June and December every year and has quite a big following. Check out the FB page for proof. ;)

The purpose of this thread was to see if anyone was partaking in the great deals going on during the weekend. It was not to debate or be critical of shopping excursions. If one was able to find enjoyment exercising or reading a book today, that's great. If another was able to find joy in shopping, that's great, too. For me, I am as happy as punch that I saved over $100 today on items I was already planning on purchasing. :)

NancyIL
06-12-2011, 09:02 AM
The purpose of this thread was to see if anyone was partaking in the great deals going on during the weekend. It was not to debate or be critical of shopping excursions. If one was able to find enjoyment exercising or reading a book today, that's great. If another was able to find joy in shopping, that's great, too. For me, I am as happy as punch that I saved over $100 today on items I was already planning on purchasing. :)

Nikki - I'm glad you got some great deals at Bath & Body Works, especially since you have purchased some items when they weren't on sale. When I got an e-mail from Bath & Body Works a few days ago about their semi-annual sale, I put my hot pink Victoria's Secret credit card (that can be used at B&BW) in my wallet! (The B&BW at my mall is now in the same location where The Disney Store, where I worked until it closed, used to be - sniff!) I may stop at the mall today and take a peek at the sales. Knowing me, I may buy something at B&BW and/or VS - but it's not because I "need" it!

YellowMickeyPonchos
06-12-2011, 10:52 AM
I fell prey to the BBW sale yesterday! The girls and I were talking about how they wanted more of that creamy pump soap we had (in tropical passionfruit), so Lily and I went to the mall for a treat while Ian had Zoe at her first rollerskating party.

I needed to stock up on pump soap and did so at prices like $1.20 and $2.50 a bottle. Better pricing for the same volume of soap in Target! I also got some great deals on new high-quality shower poofs - $2.50 each much more durable kind with denser material quantity than your average store. That means MORE LATHER (which is very important to little girls and little girls at heart)!

All in all, quite successful of a trip! Zoe was so thrilled when they got home, as was Ian. They had 50% off the aromatherapy stuff. He likes the fragrance of the stress-relief!

TSWJan78
06-12-2011, 02:10 PM
When does this sale go until? Anyone know?

NancyIL
06-12-2011, 04:55 PM
I just returned home from shopping. I went to the mall first, but the only money I spent there was for a plate of $3 Orange Chicken at Panda Express. I stopped at Bath and Body Works, Yankee Candle, Victoria's Secret, and The Body Shop. Nothing screamed "buy me" - so I didn't!

Next I stopped at Border's, looked at travel books, and made a mental note of ones I might want to order from Amazon.

I had to stop at Target to check the Baby Registry for a shower gift. I purchased the baby gift, as well as shampoo, conditioner, and hairspray.

My last stop was at Sam's Club, and I bought only food this time. I even got out of there for under $100...for a change!

*NikkiBell*
06-12-2011, 06:30 PM
When does this sale go until? Anyone know?

Check their FB pages. I believe it is only a week. :)

topolino
06-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Crazy coincidence - we went to the mall yesterday with the intention of buying a large jar Yankee Candle, because we hadn't bought one in a while, and wanted a nice spring/summer scent. My wife mentioned that she had no coupons, but that we just suck it up and pay full price for one.

Imagine our surprise when we found out there was a sale going on! Two large jar candles for $30! The usual price is $25 each. Of course we paid the extra $5 and got a second.

For the record, we got Beach Vacation and Cherry Lemonade. :thumbsup2

HollyMac71
06-12-2011, 06:39 PM
<sigh> There I was on Saturday morning with my coupon and BAG of Bath & Body Works "stuff." Of course when I finally got home the DH just looked and said "we need more?." So I unpacked the back on the shelf that already had 10 bottles of soap.

At least our hands will be clean!

*NikkiBell*
06-12-2011, 06:52 PM
For the record, we got Beach Vacation and Cherry Lemonade. :thumbsup2

Cherry Lemonade is my favorite scent! That and Buttercream. Good picks! :thumbsup2

NancyIL
06-12-2011, 07:49 PM
In the past, the semi-annual sale at Bath and Body Works stores has lasted several weeks. The online sale may have different dates.

topolino
06-12-2011, 09:11 PM

Of course they do, it's a store in the mall, not a used car lot where you can negotiate.

If you need something at a store and don't have a coupon and it's not on sale, how else do you buy it without paying the price on the label? :confused3

NancyIL
06-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Of course they do, it's a store in the mall, not a used car lot where you can negotiate.

If you need something at a store and don't have a coupon and it's not on sale, how else do you buy it without paying the price on the label? :confused3

I buy milk whether or not it's on sale. I bought a baby shower gift at Target today that wasn't on sale, but it also isn't likely to be on sale between now and Saturday. However, there is nothing at stores like Bath & Body Works, Yankee Candle, etc. that I MUST have, so I can wait for a sale.

MelissaFromRI
06-12-2011, 10:11 PM
I went to both sales this afternoon.
I stocked up on anti-bacterial hand soap at Bath & Body Works and I bought a dozen small jar candles at Yankee Candle :cloud9:

Oh yeah , I had a $10 off coupon for Yankee Candle :dance3:

mainegal
06-12-2011, 10:20 PM

Not true in every store, but in many stores, there is a price on the price tag that is only there to be soon marked down by various percentages at various intervals so people think they are getting a bargain. It is a marketing technique, or gimmick.

However, there is nothing at stores like Bath & Body Works, Yankee Candle, etc. that I MUST have, so I can wait for a sale.

So true!

To bring back to the original topic, I did go to Bath and Body Works today!

I was at KMart to buy something I needed that was on sale, toilet paper. (Perfect example! I buy Scott toilet paper for $6.00 / 12 rolls. I only buy it when it is "on sale", never when it costs several dollars more.)

B&BW was just down the strip.

I didn't want to be a party pooper. And I do like sales. I started with the 75% off bin. Nothing I wanted/needed. Nothing in the 50% off shelves tempted me. Maybe I was able to hold off because I was aware of the inventory of Sensual Amber and Honeysuckle and other small bottles I already have in the closet. The only item that I came close to purchasing was a $2.50 candle jar in the Christmas peppermint twist scent I really like. Picked it up and smelled it three times! Then I remembered that I could not remember the last time I had burned a candle and let the store empty handed!

I did do my part to help the local economy this weekend. Ate two meals at locally owned restaurants. Ate another meal at a national chain. At each, we appropriately tipped the wait staff. The only thing I brought home to store was leftovers for lunches this week.