PDA

View Full Version : Millionaire Closing?

wdw4us2
10-05-2002, 07:44 PM
A friend of mine called me from Disney/MGM Studios today and said she heard a rumor that Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Play It is closing soon. She also said that all the WWTBAM merchandise is gone from outside the attraction.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Lisa:smooth:

julfre
10-06-2002, 11:57 AM
I haven't heard any rumours, but I think Disney made a big mistake when they did not set the game up so everyone knows their own score after each question. This would have let everyone-not just the top few scorers -feel more a part of the game, because that is the fun part(trying to get the questions right) not watching someone else win. They were smart in letting everyone have a "hot seat", but then they didn't follow through and let everyone know how they did-not smart. Think of how much more fun it would be if you could compete with the other people in your party for the top score of your own group! I don't expect this attraction to last much longer.

WDW2002
10-06-2002, 01:40 PM
I had heard rumor that the DCA version was closing but have not heard about the Studios version.

KMovies
10-06-2002, 01:49 PM
Gosh - it seems like both DCA and MGM Millionaire attractions are very busy. The rumors are probably around since the show isn't a regular on ABC anymore. It will be back on ABC though. And DCA's rumor was closing after July. Guess what, it still lives on.

Gillian
10-07-2002, 07:46 AM
I hope they stay open! The studios version was my 2 year old's favorite attraction! He loved cheering for everyone :)

Popsicle
10-26-2002, 11:10 PM
Is it true about it closing? Not asking for myself, but my sister-in-law and brother.

You talk about fanatacism... These people spent HOURS at the show. They'd get fast passes.... They'd stand in line.... They are talking about taking a two day trip to Orlando just to go to the Millionaire game. Told my sister-in-law earlier today about the rumor I read here. She's apoplectic at the thought.

HHHHEEEELLLLPPPP. Say it ain't so!!!!

WDW2002
10-27-2002, 12:02 AM
As far as I know neither location is scheduled to close at this time. I think the rumors stem from the prime-time show being cancelled.

Killer Fish
10-28-2002, 10:43 AM
I was in the hot seat last Saturday and I asked the lady who gives you the prizes about the future of the attraction. She told me that the show has been saved for at least another year. She said that it was a year to year thing and that the show will continue at least through next year.

fklhou
10-29-2002, 01:50 PM
I hope that this attraction does not close down. I have been on the hot seat six times. According to one the locals, I got to know on the ebate on the thirty day rule, the local traffic has declined somewhat i,e there are not as many locals going to play the attraction on a regular basis.

I have seen the syndicated version of the show once and I liked it. There is no fastest finger contest which seems to make the show move much faster. The attractioin is being managed now to try to make sure that there will be a fastest finger question each show i.e. MGM will cut the show fairly short rather than have a carryover contestant. Perhap this policy might be changed.

I like the concept of getting everyone score and not the top ten. One cheap way of doing this would be to print the results out at the end and hand it to people as they leave.

Doug123
11-01-2002, 05:49 PM
I too had fun when my wife and I went down this past spring. I also agree that it would be a much better show if everyone knew their score.

fklhou
11-05-2002, 02:03 PM
Someone on the Attractions board mentioned that WWTBAM-PI was closed. Has anyone heard anything else on this rumor?

WDSearcher
11-05-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by fklhou
Someone on the Attractions board mentioned that WWTBAM-PI was closed. Has anyone heard anything else on this rumor?

Not closed. Hours, however, are slightly different, and the first show sometimes doesn't start until 11am. There were also a couple of days last week when technical difficulties closed down a show or two. But I was there yesterday (11/4) and it was very much open and operating.

:earsboy:

fklhou
11-05-2002, 03:31 PM
Thank you for the update.