PDA

View Full Version : Buffet question

3princes+1princess
06-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Is there an age requirement for who is allowed to go up to the buffet and serve their own food?

I am going alone with my 4 kids (12, 9, 6 and 2) and want to do some buffet character breakfasts. However, it would be a pain if I had to get all of their food for them...I may not get to eat!

Thanks!

Reddy
06-04-2011, 01:57 PM
I would get the 2 year olds plate but the rest can help themselves - I did see 3 year olds getting their own

OKW Lover
06-04-2011, 02:12 PM
I think it more depends on the height and dexterity of the child. I would think that the older children are quite capable of doing it themselves while I'd do it for the younger ones so that they don't make a mess dropping food everywhere.

gigi1313
06-04-2011, 02:16 PM
there is no rule that i know of for an age limit... however, if your children are not buffet veterans (like mine LOL) you might want to review some rules with them about touching food w/their hands, reusing plates, sneezing, etc (and while you're at it, please feel free to review w/some adults i've seen at some buffets! LOL!)

keep in mind that some of the buffets are not visible from the tables (donald's safari b'fast/tusker house comes to mind) and that might be something to reconsider... a great b'fast character option is 'ohana at the poly w/lilo/stitch/mickey... or for dinner garden grill... both of these meals are served family style... we find it more manageable w/littler ones (or only one "adult" although i'm sure your 12yo is capable of helping his/her sibs)

ENJOY!

Nadjalu
06-04-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't know of any "rule" however I would think the 12yr old could definitely do it. Maybe send the 9yr old with that one and you take the other 2.

Personally I don't think any child should go to the buffet alone under the age of 8yrs. I have seen way to many kids use their hands, touch everything and even taste dishes.

But if you use the older child to help you, I think you will be ok.

DisneySarah80
06-04-2011, 02:49 PM
there is no rule that i know of for an age limit... however, if your children are not buffet veterans (like mine LOL) you might want to review some rules with them about touching food w/their hands, reusing plates, sneezing, etc (and while you're at it, please feel free to review w/some adults i've seen at some buffets! LOL!)

keep in mind that some of the buffets are not visible from the tables (donald's safari b'fast/tusker house comes to mind) and that might be something to reconsider... a great b'fast character option is 'ohana at the poly w/lilo/stitch/mickey... or for dinner garden grill... both of these meals are served family style... we find it more manageable w/littler ones (or only one "adult" although i'm sure your 12yo is capable of helping his/her sibs)

ENJOY!

ITA :thumbsup2

3princes+1princess
06-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the relies!

Great news then. I was thinking it may be light old country buffet where they have to be 10 or something. Once I found this out, I never returned because it was too much of a hassle.

However, I totally agree about kids touching things and will be going up there with them (especially since they cannot be seen from table) and watching them, I just cannot hold that many plates and serve all of that. I will also give them set rules. They are good life lessons! And my 6 year old is so short, so I guess I will be getting my two little ones. That is doable!

I'm getting even more excited to go!

disneypolybride2008
06-05-2011, 05:40 PM
i didnt see anyone mention that the buffets, most anyway, have a small area for kids that is on their level, lower. There are a few items like breakfast pizza, hashbrown, i am remembering from 1900. This is also where they keep the kid plates, under the kids food station, which is mickey shaped plates. I usually get my plate from there :)
It could be scary for the little ones to get their food and then try to find your table.. some tables are located out of view of the food... it would be like when i was at the beach as a kid, thinking i was playing straight ahead of my mom and our blanket, but then looking up after playing and not knowing where she is in the sea of umbrellas. Maybe ask specifically for a table close to the food. Good luck :)

ashlansmom
06-10-2011, 11:14 PM
I saw tiny little ones up at the buffet's last week, probably 4 and 5 year olds. I would take the 2 year old and buddy the 12 year old up with the other smaller one for help... they should still be able to carry their plate, and have the 8 year old follow through with you with their own plate. Totally do able with the 12 year old to help one of the youngers. Good luck!