PDA

View Full Version : Buying first DSLR need feedback please!

maryebishop
06-04-2011, 09:08 AM
I currently have a power shot Canon camera. I am wanting to upgrade to a DSLR. I really like the Canon brand and would like to stick with it. I have been looking at a Canon Rebel T2i. I am just wanting to know if this is a good camera for a first time DSLR user. I take LOTS of pics with 2 active kids in school, sports and dance. Also torture my kids with lots of "posed" pics. :) Please give me some advice on which DSLR camera would be my best choice. Thanks so much!!!

YesDear
06-04-2011, 09:25 AM
First congratulations about deciding on a DSLR. If you will learn how to properly use it you will have a world of creativity open up to you. If you have decided that Canon is the brand you want congrats. I shoot Nikons but have no issues with Canon. As far as the model I will let Canon owners give you their opinion as to which model they recommend.

If you are not totally sold on Canon, go to a local camera store and feel different brands. See how they fit in your hand. Do the controls make sense to you? Different models are smaller and larger than others. As I said I shoot Nikons so Canons make no sense to me.

Good luck in your process.

YesDear
06-04-2011, 09:31 AM
First congratulations about deciding on a DSLR. If you will learn how to properly use it you will have a world of creativity open up to you. If you have decided that Canon is the brand you want congrats. I shoot Nikons but have no issues with Canon. As far as the model I will let Canon owners give you their opinion as to which model they recommend.

If you are not totally sold on Canon, go to a local camera store and feel different brands. See how they fit in your hand. Do the controls make sense to you? Different models are smaller and larger than others. As I said I shoot Nikons so Canons make no sense to me.

Good luck in your process.