PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Hot Hot Hot! The Rain Curse is Broken! Two Weeks of Fun in the Sun! COMPLETE

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Yes, that's right, it is time for another Dreamer Family trip report! This was our fifth trip to WDW and it was a very different trip than in the past. It was much longer, our touring style was very different, and we ventured off property for the first time to visit that "other park", Universal! We stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort from May 11th - May 25th.

If you have read my previous trip reports you will understand the title that I have chosen for this newest report. If not, here is the back story: Christmas 1997 - cloudy and rainy the whole trip; July 2007 - Sunny half the trip, downpours the other half; August 2008 - Tropical Storm Fay, she hovered over Orlando the whole week we were there; May 2009 - Rained the whole week we were at WDW and then the rain followed us out to sea as we enjoyed a Disney Cruise. Needless to say, we were a bit apprehensive in regards to the weather as we prepared for this latest vacation. Luckily it was HOT and SUNNY the whole 15 days we were there. In fact it was unseasonably hot and we were experiencing July temperatures in May or so all the news stations were reporting.

For those unfamiliar with my reports here is what you can expect: lots of photos, lots of detail, and lots of laughs. I try my best to write honestly about the trip, I try not to sugar coat things as I want the report to be entertaining but also educational at the same time as I know lots of people find reports very helpful in planning their own vacations. I will try and update twice a week so there will never be any long gaps between updates and I ALWAYS finish my reports so no fear that this will be left abandoned.

Some highlights/big events of the trip:

Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival
Pixar Weekend at Epcot
Star Wars Weekends
Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure - This includes the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Of course there is lots more that will be included but those were the "special events" that occurred on the trip.

Now to introduce my family and fellow travelers.

First there is me, Lessa. I am a full-time Nursing student going for my BScN, this is my second degree and it is a lot of work and very time consuming so this vacation was much needed! In addition to being a full-time student, I also work part-time as an emergency operator for the local university. I am the trip planner of the family and I "joke" that I am in charge of the family and all decision making while on vacation. ;)

Next is Beth (emmaca on the Dis), our lovely mother. She works hard all year for a hospital foundation (fundraising) and she lives for her WDW vacations. I think she has become more of a Disney nut than me! Mom suffers from MS but she does not let that stop her fun!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/D013.jpg

Next, the famous Brothers Grimm, Alek (micky_hater) and Erich(Dead Bones Brook). They were given this nickname by Diser Englishrose because of their posts during my trip reports where they report what "really" happened on our vacations. They are practical jokers and love anything and everything that is ridiculous. They are sure to always provide a laugh, even if it is at the expense of their mother and sister.

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll421/polnickyhunt/2008_0723RedRoof0072.jpg

While I am the primary writer of this trip report you can expect the others to pop in from time to time with their own updates and version of events.

For ease of reading I will be providing a table of contents in the second post on this thread and I also provide links at the end of each chapter. I love my readers so please post and say hello!

Continue to Next Post (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41306074&postcount=62)

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Reserved for Table of Contents

May 11th

Checking In (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41306074&postcount=62)
Erich's First Update (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41307730&postcount=69)
Lunch at T-Rex (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41333142&postcount=113)
Epic Lego Displays
Settling In
Pool Time!
Erich's Second Update - The Postal Strike
A Photo Tour of Coronado Springs

May 12th
Hollywood Here We Come!
Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe
Pole Dancing in Disney, shocking!
Tale as Old as Time
A family member becomes injured
A Tale of Young Love

May 13th

Good Morning! Good Morning!
Alek and Erich go courting
Happy Haunts
Lost!
Alek's First Update: Erich is Kidnapped!
Mickey the Magnificent!
Chef Mickey's

May 14th

Soarin' Parade
Duck Tales
Beaches and Cream
Swords and Dragons:A Duel to the Death
Going Undercover
How to kill time during a rain storm
La Bella Italia
The update in which Erich destroys the innocence of young children everywhere
Lost cameras and fights = Family Fun!

May 15th

Breaking Tradition
Character Connection
Bambii's Butterfly House
Pixie Hollow
Erich's Third Update
Mexico and Norway
It's A Small Small World!
Le Cellier: Authentically Canadian?
Another rat encounter!
That is one GIANT bug!
Bullseye!
Chinese Zodiac
A Family of Fairies

May 16th
Angry Birds
Poly Love
Princesses on Parade
Big Thunder
Tom Sawyer Island
Tiana and Pedro???
Breaking All The Rules
Super Mario in the Magic Kingdom!
Main Street Electrical Parade
Magic, Memories and You and Wishes!

May 17th
The Adventure Begins!
Ollivander's Wand Shop
The Owl Post Meltdown
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Don't Forget Your Barf Bag!
Flight of the Hippogriff
Butterbeer!
The Lost Continent:Mythos
The Lost Continent: Poseidon's Fury
Exploring The Lost Continent
Would you could you with a Fox?
High in the Sky
Incredible and Amazing!
Universal's Super Awesome Super Hero costumes
Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges
Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls
Jurassic Park
Dueling Dragons
Shopped Til I Dropped
Green Eggs and Ham?

May 18th
Shrek 4-D
Scooby Scooby Doo, Where Are You?!
The most villainous of them all
Jaws!
D'oh!
An Early End

Hard Rock, Florida Mall, and Relaxation

May 19th

Shark Reef
The Race of Champions
Can I Help You? I Know First Aid!
Losing My Mind
Medieval Times

May 20th

Enough with the photopass already!
The Mighty Dung Beetle
Elephant Love
Rafiki's Planet Watch

Conservation Heroes
Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty
I'm melting!

May 21st
A Blast from the Past
Where's the Fire?!
Mariachi!
Blue Raspberry heaven!
How old are you exactly?
Escaping the heat

May 22nd

The Rebel Spies
Boba Fett
Ewok Love
Star Wars Awkwardness
Star Wars Parade
Drawing Dopey

May 23rd

Miss Sickie
Family Photos

May 24th

I Need Some Meds, Stat!
Twitterpated
Farewell Animal Kingdom!
Dinner at the Poly
Wishes at The Poly

May 25th
The Final Morning

Final Thoughts

Bonus Flashback Report: Italy 1999

Verona
Venice
Florence
Assisi/Sorrento/Capri
Sicily
Pompeii
Rome Part 1
Rome Part 2

The Crazy Stepmother Chronicles: August 2011 Edition
Day One: Arrival and BX Dog Park
Day Two: Pinnacle Lake Hike Part One
Day Two: Pinnacle Lake Hike Part Two
Day Two: Pinnacle Lake Hike Part Three
Day Three: Monashee Lake/Sunny Peak Hike
Day Four: Wine Tasting Part One
Day Four: Wine Tasting Part Two
Day Five: Kalamalka Lake Provincial Park
Day Six: Glacier National Park: Balu Pass Hike Part One
Day Six: Glacier National Park: Balu Pass Hike Part Two
Day Six: Glacier National Park Part Three
Day Six: Glacier National Park Part Four
Day Seven: Banff National Park: Moraine Lake Part One
Day Seven: Banff National Park: Moraine Lake Part Two
Day Seven: Banff National Park: Moraine Lake Part Three
Day Seven: Banff National Park: Consolation Lakes Hike Part Four
Day Seven: Banff National Park: Consolation Lakes Hike Part Five
Day Seven: Banff National Park: Lake Louise:Fairview Lookout Part Six
Day Seven: Banff National Park: Lake Louise:Fairview Lookout Part Seven
Day Eight: Banff National Park: Plain of the Six Glaciers Hike Part One
Day Eight: Banff National Park: Plain of the Six Glaciers Hike Part Two
Day Eight: Banff National Park: Plain of the Six Glaciers Hike Part Three
Day Eight: Banff National Park: Plain of the Six Glaciers Hike Part Four
Day Eight:Banff National Park: Lake Agnes Hike Part Five
Day Eight:Banff National Park: Lake Agnes Hike Part Six
Day Nine: Banff National Park: Valley of the Ten Peaks Hike Part One
Day Nine: Banff National Park: Valley of the Ten Peaks Hike Part Two
Day Nine: Banff National Park: Valley of the Ten Peaks Hike Part Three
Day Ten:Banff National Park: Bow River Trail and Conclusion

All7OfUs
05-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Great to be here! Feelin' hot, hot, hot already!!

Native NYer
05-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Joining in! Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

mrsksomeday
05-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Can't wait to read your report!!

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Great to be here! Feelin' hot, hot, hot already!!

Joining in! Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Can't wait to read your report!!

Hurray, my first readers! Welcome!

pinkxray
05-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Can't Wait to hear all about your adventures. It was so hot!

HomeschoolMama
05-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Hi, Lessa! :goodvibes
It WAS hot, hot, hot! We had pool time almost daily to get through each day! Luckily my kids are fish and were more than happy with that decision.

Can't wait to read. :surfweb:

pooh'smate
05-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Joining in.

englishrose47
05-30-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm here Pimping works !!!!:lmao:

DawnMaree
05-30-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm here!! Bet you can't guess who I am. :confused: Don't look at my siggie...that would be cheating. :rolleyes1

KatMark
05-30-2011, 05:18 PM
I've seen you on several TR's I follow so hope you don't mind if I follow along.

englishrose47
05-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Lessa the Pix of the Bros with the car and running over is it Erich or Alex has always been a Bros pix favorite of mine !!Had we met I intented to either run them over or haver they run me over:rotfl2:I thought that safer than letting them push me in a wheelchair:scared1::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Can't Wait to hear all about your adventures. It was so hot!

It sure was! I felt like we were melting half the trip! :laughing:

Hi, Lessa! :goodvibes
It WAS hot, hot, hot! We had pool time almost daily to get through each day! Luckily my kids are fish and were more than happy with that decision.

Can't wait to read. :surfweb:

We put in lots of pool time as well. It was so nice to take a pool break on those hot afternoons.

Joining in.

Welcome, thanks for coming over!

I'm here Pimping works !!!!:lmao:

Rosie's here! You were talked about a lot on the trip, don't tell anybody but I think you are Mom's favourite Diser. ;)

I'm here!! Bet you can't guess who I am. :confused: Don't look at my siggie...that would be cheating. :rolleyes1

Wow, that's a stumper. ;) Happy you came over to read!
I've seen you on several TR's I follow so hope you don't mind if I follow along.
Of course not! All your info on the CSR thread helped make our resort stay extra magical!

Lessa the Pix of the Bros with the car and running over is it Erich or Alex has always been a Bros pix favorite of mine !!Had we met I intented to either run them over or haver they run me over:rotfl2:I thought that safer than letting them push me in a wheelchair:scared1::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:lmao: If that is a favourite then you should enjoy a picture coming up from the first day. ;)

CandleontheWater
05-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi there!

I'm a new reader, but I'm happy to join the crew! I have two crazy brothers also, and it is always an adventure when we head to WDW. I'm sure you feel the same!

We were also there at the same time as you, so I'm interested to see your perspective on the crowds and weather!

scottny
05-30-2011, 05:50 PM
joining in.

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Hi there!

I'm a new reader, but I'm happy to join the crew! I have two crazy brothers also, and it is always an adventure when we head to WDW. I'm sure you feel the same!

We were also there at the same time as you, so I'm interested to see your perspective on the crowds and weather!

Welcome! I actually have your TR bookmarked to read as I saw we were there the same time, just haven't gotten to it yet, I plan to do lots of Dissing the next few days. :thumbsup2

nessz79
05-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Another new reader joining in! I have 2 little boys that I can imagine growing up to be like your brothers! Looking forward to it :).

jedijill
05-30-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm in!

It was crazy hot that week!

Jill in CO

Minnie&Nana
05-30-2011, 06:04 PM
:wave2: Saw your link on Rosie's summer PTR and this looks like it is going to be terrific!

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-30-2011, 06:08 PM
joining in.

Hey Scott! Welcome! You are off soon on your own trip, hope you have a great time!

Another new reader joining in! I have 2 little boys that I can imagine growing up to be like your brothers! Looking forward to it :).

Welcome! I hope you have lots of patience and a good sense of humour if they do! :laughing:

I'm in!

It was crazy hot that week!

Jill in CO

Welcome! One of the worst days was our Star Wars day, thank goodness the line for Chewie was in the shade!

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-30-2011, 06:09 PM
:wave2: Saw your link on Rosie's summer PTR and this looks like it is going to be terrific!

Welcome! I recognize you from her TR. I hope you enjoy the report!

wdwgirl03
05-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Joining in!

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Joining in!

Happy to see you here!

rentayenta
05-30-2011, 06:29 PM
:wave: Hi Lessa, followed the link from our FB group. :goodvibes

lovegrumpy
05-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Joining in

jenbear123
05-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Yikes! Already page 2?! I'm so joining in! I'm so excited to hear all about your stay but more specifically about CSR. woohoo!

Marshay
05-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Joining in!! Can't wait to hear how your trip went.:thumbsup2

mrssmith06
05-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi, joining in as well! Can't wait to read all about your trip! :thumbsup2

Mysteria
05-30-2011, 06:53 PM
No rain! Are you sure you went?! :rotfl:

LurrrvtheDuck
05-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Hi Lessa!! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

betsywdw
05-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Joining in too! I saw your post on Marshay's PTR and came on over! I was also there at the same time so I'm interested to hear your thoughts too!

kittylady1972
05-30-2011, 06:54 PM
I've got two weeks to go until my trip...so can't wait to read all about yours first! :goodvibes

Goofy22
05-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Joining in saw your post on FB on the disney talk board Dawn started.

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-30-2011, 07:15 PM
:wave: Hi Lessa, followed the link from our FB group. :goodvibes

Hi Jenny! Thanks for coming over! :goodvibes
Joining in

Welcome and don't be shy!

Yikes! Already page 2?! I'm so joining in! I'm so excited to hear all about your stay but more specifically about CSR. woohoo!

Hey Jen! Don't worry, I took tons of pictures of CSR. If you don't want to wait to hear about the resort I posted a short review over on the CSR info thread. ;) I also took pictures at Olive Garden for you. :laughing:

Joining in!! Can't wait to hear how your trip went.:thumbsup2

Hey there! Can't wait for your report as well. :goodvibes

Hi, joining in as well! Can't wait to read all about your trip! :thumbsup2

Welcome!

No rain! Are you sure you went?! :rotfl:

:lmao: There was a moment at the beginning of the trip when there was a T-Storm and I thought for sure that was just the beginning of the rain but my fears were happily for naught.

Hi Lessa!! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

Hey Z! Thanks for coming over! :goodvibes

Joining in too! I saw your post on Marshay's PTR and came on over! I was also there at the same time so I'm interested to hear your thoughts too!

Welcome! Will you be writing a report? If so I would love to follow it. :goodvibes

I've got two weeks to go until my trip...so can't wait to read all about yours first! :goodvibes

Wow, two weeks! That time will fly by, I hope you have a magical trip!

Joining in saw your post on FB on the disney talk board Dawn started.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy the report. :goodvibes

dtr_angel
05-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Count me in! We do have a lot in common!! I graduate from nursing school in December and I cannot wait!! It's a very tough program so I know what you mean - I NEEDED a Disney vacation! I have 2 younger brothers, and we've only been to Disney once as a family in 1998. My dream of a family vacation is hopefully coming true in January 2013 when we all go back - I can't wait to hear about your brothers adventures, they look like they added a lot of laughs!

Disneyland_Mama
05-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Hi Lessa! :wave:

Looking forward to read all about your crazy adventures, especially WWoHP!

:surfweb:

PirateKate
05-30-2011, 07:46 PM
I can't wait to hear all about your trip! Happy to hear it didn't rain on you this year. :cool1:

GeminiAngel
05-30-2011, 07:50 PM
:cool1::cool1:

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Count me in! We do have a lot in common!! I graduate from nursing school in December and I cannot wait!! It's a very tough program so I know what you mean - I NEEDED a Disney vacation! I have 2 younger brothers, and we've only been to Disney once as a family in 1998. My dream of a family vacation is hopefully coming true in January 2013 when we all go back - I can't wait to hear about your brothers adventures, they look like they added a lot of laughs!

I hope that you get that family vacation in 2013!

I wish I was close to graduating, I still have three more years of school to go!

Hi Lessa! :wave:

Looking forward to read all about your crazy adventures, especially WWoHP!

Hey T! There will be lots about WWoHP. I dropped so much money there, more than anywhere else!

I also have a pic or two of the rhinos for you. ;) Also some fashion police pictures. :laughing:

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-30-2011, 07:51 PM
I can't wait to hear all about your trip! Happy to hear it didn't rain on you this year. :cool1:

I was elated that we had such nice weather. Of course, on some of those hot days we almost wished for rain. :laughing:

:cool1::cool1:

Hey Traci!

kaoden39
05-30-2011, 08:08 PM
I followed you over. I think it was from Marshay's pre-trip report. It sounds like it is going to be a kick.

OhMari
05-30-2011, 08:08 PM
In.
I had to laugh, when you said, you will finish.
I don't think you have to worry about finishing,
just try to get it all in 250 pages.

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-30-2011, 08:15 PM
I followed you over. I think it was from Marshay's pre-trip report. It sounds like it is going to be a kick.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy the report!

In.
I had to laugh, when you said, you will finish.
I don't think you have to worry about finishing,
just try to get it all in 250 pages.

:laughing: I will try my best.

ddstratton
05-30-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm in! I can't wait to hear about your adventures. I am so happy to hear that the rain curse has been broken.

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-30-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm in! I can't wait to hear about your adventures. I am so happy to hear that the rain curse has been broken.

:laughing: As am I!

EastYorkDisneyFan
05-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Reporting in to follow along with a fellow Canuks TR.

YukiPhnx
05-30-2011, 09:37 PM
Oh my gosh, stuck on page 4! I was there to vote for the title too!

Looove the title of course. It's so catchy!

I can't WAIT to hear about your trip! It'll help me plan my own 2 week long trip to the World.

Hooray for Canadian pride!

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Reporting in to follow along with a fellow Canuks TR.

Hey there!

Oh my gosh, stuck on page 4! I was there to vote for the title too!

Looove the title of course. It's so catchy!

I can't WAIT to hear about your trip! It'll help me plan my own 2 week long trip to the World.

Hooray for Canadian pride!

My problem with the title, doesn't leave me enough room to put in the UPDATED with the date so I will have to write NEW instead. :rotfl:

scottny
05-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Hey Scott! Welcome! You are off soon on your own trip, hope you have a great time!
4 days. 1st gay days, 1st star wars weekend and 1st dvc trip. I am bursting with excitement. Work will go so slow this week. LOL

Always post on fb that u updated. I am not on here all that much anymore. :surfweb:

Lidian
05-30-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm here! I can't wait to hear more, especially since we were at the same resort for the same time! (Well, you were lucky enough to have a longer stay.) So it will be really neat to hear what you were doing and compare it to what we did. :goodvibes

P.S. Love the pics!!! :love:

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-30-2011, 10:25 PM
4 days. 1st gay days, 1st star wars weekend and 1st dvc trip. I am bursting with excitement. Work will go so slow this week. LOL

Always post on fb that u updated. I am not on here all that much anymore. :surfweb:

I'll do my best, I probably won't remember to all the time though. :goodvibes
I'm here! I can't wait to hear more, especially since we were at the same resort for the same time! (Well, you were lucky enough to have a longer stay.) So it will be really neat to hear what you were doing and compare it to what we did. :goodvibes

P.S. Love the pics!!! :love:

Thanks! Would you believe that wasn't even nearly all the pictures of the resort I had. That was my cut back list of pictures that I posted. :laughing:

Lidian
05-30-2011, 11:33 PM
I'll do my best, I probably won't remember to all the time though. :goodvibes

Thanks! Would you believe that wasn't even nearly all the pictures of the resort I had. That was my cut back list of pictures that I posted. :laughing:

I felt bad ... I only had like 10 pics of the resort. :headache: None of them were the room. :lmao::rotfl2: Or my horrible parking lot view. But we didn't spend a lot of time at CSR - and when we were there, I wasn't thinking too much of my camera. :goodvibes

At least your pics are stunning! And I LOVE to look at pictures! :cloud9:

debsters41
05-31-2011, 12:45 AM
:goodvibesI'm chiming in too! I am so happy you guys went because I get to read all about it!:goodvibes

lovethattink
05-31-2011, 05:45 AM
I'm following along too!

emmaca
05-31-2011, 06:36 AM
:lmao: There was a moment at the beginning of the trip when there was a T-Storm and I thought for sure that was just the beginning of the rain but my fears were happily for naught.

You should have seen our luggage... we packed 4 new rain ponchos, 4 rain ponchos from Niagara Falls and all of our old Disney ponchos. We were expecting rain, the day I told Lessa we are not taking the poncho into the parks, she said we were doomed, and that for sure now the rain gods would certainly unlease the rains upon us LOL. We never used one poncho the whole trip, in fact they were all thrown into the trash a few days before we left.

beebeeryan
05-31-2011, 06:46 AM
I'm joining in, followed over from someone's PTR or TR and I can't remember where now. I love hearing about people's trips and seeing the pics!

chloe770
05-31-2011, 07:11 AM
Joining in on the fun! And I don't have to play catch up yet.:cool1:

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-31-2011, 07:41 AM
I felt bad ... I only had like 10 pics of the resort. :headache: None of them were the room. :lmao::rotfl2: Or my horrible parking lot view. But we didn't spend a lot of time at CSR - and when we were there, I wasn't thinking too much of my camera. :goodvibes

At least your pics are stunning! And I LOVE to look at pictures! :cloud9:

We spent lots of time at the resort, mostly because it was so hot and we have been to WDW so many times before.

Those pictures were taken over the whole two weeks. I pretty much never left the room without my camera, not even to go down the hall to fill the ice bucket, you just never know when a photo opportunity will present itself!.:laughing: Mom also liked to go out early in the morning for walks and would take pictures then as well. :thumbsup2

:goodvibesI'm chiming in too! I am so happy you guys went because I get to read all about it!:goodvibes

Welcome! I'm happy to see you are joining in here as well. :goodvibes

I'm following along too!

Happy to have you here!

I'm joining in, followed over from someone's PTR or TR and I can't remember where now. I love hearing about people's trips and seeing the pics!

Welcome! You are in the right place if you like pictures! We came home with 26 GB of pictures and video. ;)

Joining in on the fun! And I don't have to play catch up yet.:cool1:

Welcome! Don't worry if you ever have to play catch-up, I make it easy on you but putting links to the next update and the end of each "chapter".

GeminiAngel
05-31-2011, 08:30 AM

How you been?

englishrose47
05-31-2011, 09:14 AM
Just checking in don't want to miss an UPDATE!!!!
Oh and Hi Beth!!!:hug:

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-31-2011, 09:18 AM
May 11th

Every time we go to Disney I always book the first flight out of Syracuse and it always leaves super early in the morning which leads to our leaving home ridiculously early. That in combination with the "I Am Too Excited To Sleep" Syndrome leads to a very long and exhausting arrival day. We live about 30 minutes from the 1000 Islands border crossing between New York and Ontario and it is another 1 1/2 hours or so from there to the airport in Syracuse. Why fly from the States instead of Canada? It is CHEAP! Well cheap compared to Canadian airfare prices and the drive to the Syracuse airport is just as far as the drive to Toronto or Ottawa. When I was booking the flights this year I was excited to see that JetBlue had added two direct flights from Syracuse to Orlando. One that left at 7am and one that left around 5pm. Knowing our past history of exhausting first days I seriously considered booking us on the 5pm flight but the paranoia and value seeker in me decided against that option. The paranoia was telling me not to book the afternoon flight, that leads to busy airports, long security lines and flight delays. The cheap/value seeker part of me said that the morning flight would get into Orlando around 10am, that is like a whole extra day in Florida, why waste it! So, I booked the 7am flight, that meant we would need to leave home around 2am in the morning.

The evening of our departure was a busy one. We had some running around to do in order to finish some last minute errands. We had to stop at Best Buy to buy some new memory cards for the camera and some new rechargeable AA batteries. We had been planning on bring Erich's laptop with us so we could dump the photos onto it every night but sadly his laptop died shortly before the trip. Since we would be unable to clear the memory cards every day we knew we would have to pick some more up. At home we had 4 4GB cards, I picked up a new 16GB card for my camera, we figured that in addition to the cards we already had that should last us through the trip.

Then we had to go to the pet store to pick up cat food and litter so that our sweet and precious kitties would be well taken care of while we were gone. We had arranged for our neighbour who is also Mom's sorority sister to watch the house and cats while we were gone.

We have two cats at home. Our sweet angel princess, Amber

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0523.jpg

And our handsome prince, Hobbes

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_2558.jpg

Erich also has two fish that the neighbour would be feeding for us as well.

In addition to our pets, Alek also has two cats at his apartment that his roommate would be taking care of, Sebastian and Kiwi.

The only bad part about going on vacation is leaving the pets behind. :guilty:

Once all the errands were taken care of we picked up Alek's luggage from his apartment and headed back to our house for the night.

I spent the night packing at the last minute :rolleyes: and attempting to sleep. The sleep attempt was unsuccessful but I did manage to finish packing well before we had to leave which is an accomplishment, usually I am running around losing my mind trying to finish minutes before we need to leave. I may be super organized when it comes to trip planning, trip packing, not so much.

Erich's best friend Jessie was also over at the house hanging out before we left, we dropped him off at his house on the way out of town.

We left the house on time and were on our way. Mom had a mini panic attack on the way to Syracuse, she didn't remember seeing Hobbes before we left and she was afraid that he had been locked in her bedroom. We assured her that we had seen Hobbes but she wouldn't let that feeling go so we just told her to call our neighbour when we arrived in Orlando and ask her to check. :rolleyes: We also discovered during the ride that Erich was going to be keeping his own notes for the trip report while we were gone. He carried a little notebook around with him and wrote down all the ridiculous and stupid conversations that we had and things that we did. :headache:

The border crossing was a breeze, I was a bit nervous about how the border and airport security would be considering we were going on vacation about a week after Osama was killed.

At the border crossing you have to go over two tall bridges and that night they were doing some construction work and had them shut down to one lane. We waited until they signaled for us to cross before making our way over. As we crossed the construction workers were gesturing at us and shaking their fists at us. We couldn't figure out what their problem was, it was so strange. :confused3

At the airport check-in went quickly and there were no lines for Security. Unfortunately, both Mom and I got pulled over to be searched. Something in my carry-on had caught their attention and Mom had set off the metal detector. It never fails, every time we fly, one person in our family gets pulled aside by Security. My bag search went quickly, he said that the thickness of the bag caused a bad scan in the machine so they had to look through the bag manually.

They couldn't figure out why Mom set off the detector. They said the stent in her throat would not have done it and there was no other metal on her. They let us go after a few minutes.

We settled into our gate for the long wait to board the plane. Mom in her usual fashion made friends with people at the gate. She talked for a long time with a grandmother who was taking her granddaughter to Disney.

Alek and Erich were fascinated by a bird that had gotten into the terminal.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_2273.jpg

I just sat there and read my book and offered up WDW information when Mom asked me.

Once on the plane the flight went quickly. Once again I was lucky to catch an Angel marathon on the tv, this happens every time we fly to Florida. :thumbsup2

One of the flight attendants looked exactly like a younger version of Miranda Bailey on Grey's Anatomy, it was uncanny.

The flight was smooth for the most part. The pilot did tell us that the last part of the flight may experience turbulence, there was none and it was one of the smoothest landings we have ever had. Wish I could have that pilot all the time!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_2275.jpg

Our flight was scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 10:00, we were there by 9:30! We briefly popped into the Universal Store to check out the Harry Potter merchandise and then we went down to baggage claim. I figured we would have to wait awhile, nope, the luggage was out within minutes!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0310.jpg

Erich also took this opportunity to strip down in the airport...

He had worn his swim trunks under his normal shorts. He did this on purpose to annoy Mom and I because we had been arguing with him about wearing the trunks as regular shorts. We were on vacation so I let it go, couldn't do anything about it anyways.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_2277.jpg

Once we had our luggage it was off to get the rental car. I had arranged a rental through National. I had a full-sized booked for two weeks for $220. When I got to the counter after only waiting a few minutes the lady told me I was an Emerald Aisle member and that I didn't need to check-in, I could head to the garage and pick out a car. Cool! I didn't remember joining the Emerald Aisle Club but I must have done so years ago.

We crossed to the garage and the attendant told us that we could pick any car we wanted from the Emerald Aisle. Awesome!

I picked out an SUV as I wanted to be sure that we had lots of room for our luggage and that we would not be cramped.

It was a complicated car! It had one of those new keys that is not a key. The cd player was also complicated, well complicated for us. It was a multi-disc player so you had to first hit load and then the slot you wanted to load and then put the cd in. Took us a few minutes to figure that out.That figured out we were on the road before 10:30.

It was smooth sailing until we hit a toll station. We had a bag full of quarters for just this purpose. We pulled into a station that allowed exact change. We counted out the quarters and then threw them into the bucket. The machine said we still owed 25 cents. Hmm, okay, we put in another quarter. It still said we owed 25 cents, we put in another quarter. You owe 25 cents. ????!!!! :headache: We put in one more quarter, it still wasn't acknowledging it. We were fed up, the machine was clearly broken, we had more than paid the toll so we just left. As we drove away a beeping alarm went off, oh well, we haven't been ticketed yet, not our fault the machine was broken. After that I went into the toll lanes that were manned by actual people so I could be sure that the toll was paid and we wouldn't have to deal with a dumb machine.

Since I was driving Mom was in charge of getting the arrival shots.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0312.jpg

That was taken at 10:46. We had arrived at WDW 45 minutes after our flight was originally scheduled to land, not bad! In my planning I had estimated our arrival on property to be around noon.

Getting to the resort was easy, I simply followed the signs for Animal Kingdom until I saw the turnoff for Coronado Springs.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0315.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0316.jpg

We parked the car and headed inside to check-in.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0317.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0318.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0319.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0320.jpg

Alek and Erich went to check out the gift shop while Mom and I went over to Registration. We were lucky again, no wait! We were helped by a very lovely English cast member. She was very friendly and helped us with our room requests. We were very demanding. :laughing: Just kidding! I asked if a room in the Casitas section, top floor was available. She said that there was but that she could also show me other locations that had rooms available on the top floor. She then took out a map and circled the available rooms so we could make an informed choice. Mom was asking what each section was and I was explaining it all to her. Leading up to the trip Mom had said that she did not want a room in the Ranchos section as she did not like the theming of the area. I did not want a room in the Cabanas because the quiet pool for the section was going to be under refurbishment for most of the trip, that left Casitas. The cast member laughed and said I was doing her job for her. :cutie: We settled on a room in Casitas 5, Rm 5422. It was close to an elevator, the parking lot, quiet pool, gym and laundry room. It was also a short walk from the main feature pool and the main building.

The room was not ready yet so I gave the CM my cell number so we could be texted once it was ready and we collected Alek and Erich and headed out. We drove around the resort so we would know where to head once the room was ready and then it was off to Downtown Disney!

Continue To Next Post (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41307730&postcount=69)

jenbear123
05-31-2011, 09:19 AM
I saw your pics over on the CSR thread. You took some fantastic photos! I mean it! They are gorgeous :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see them in the TR!

ETA: Just read your update as I didn't see it before I posted. Great start to the trip! I'm glad you didn't have too much trouble at the border. That's great the CM at CSR let you pick out a room. I hope they let us do that too :rolleyes1 What a fabulous rate for the rental car. I'm paying almost $200 for a mid-size but only for one week. Did you get a code from Mousesavers? The weather looks wonderful already :thumbsup2

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-31-2011, 09:38 AM
I saw your pics over on the CSR thread. You took some fantastic photos! I mean it! They are gorgeous :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see them in the TR!

Thanks! We took tons of pictures there, it was a bit crazy, I didn't even realize how many we had until I got home and put them all in one folder. :laughing:

ETA: Just read your update as I didn't see it before I posted. Great start to the trip! I'm glad you didn't have too much trouble at the border. That's great the CM at CSR let you pick out a room. I hope they let us do that too :rolleyes1 What a fabulous rate for the rental car. I'm paying almost $200 for a mid-size but only for one week. Did you get a code from Mousesavers? The weather looks wonderful already :thumbsup2

Nope, I went to their site religiously and the price kept dropping. I used a code on the National site to upgrade the car for "free" then I had a $100 gift certificate from redeeming my Air Miles. Just keep checking, keep your reservation you have now and then cancel and rebook as the price goes down. The price will probably drop a few days before the trip.

lovethattink
05-31-2011, 09:48 AM
Your pictures on the CSR thread drew me over here yesterday!

That's interesting that you say that someone in your family always sets off security for a search. I was so concerned about my son traveling solo last week with his nebulizer, twinject injectors and liquid medications. He told them there is liquid medicine in the bag and they said no problem, keep moving. Go figure.

I am thrilled that your check-in experience went so well! I never heard of pulling out a map and letting you pick your location. What a wonderful CM you encountered!

I am hoping we get the Casitas in August when we stay at CSR. We had Cabana 8A in March.

How did you like the Casistas quiet pool? Were there any young children swimming there, or was it mostly adults?

Phibbles
05-31-2011, 10:15 AM

:banana:

Disneyland_Mama
05-31-2011, 10:52 AM
I dropped so much money there, more than anywhere else!
That's what I'm afraid of!

I also have a pic or two of the rhinos for you. ;) Also some fashion police pictures. :laughing:

:scared: for skerry rhinos! :cheer2: for fashion freaks!

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-31-2011, 11:26 AM
Your pictures on the CSR thread drew me over here yesterday!

That's interesting that you say that someone in your family always sets off security for a search. I was so concerned about my son traveling solo last week with his nebulizer, twinject injectors and liquid medications. He told them there is liquid medicine in the bag and they said no problem, keep moving. Go figure.

I am thrilled that your check-in experience went so well! I never heard of pulling out a map and letting you pick your location. What a wonderful CM you encountered!

I am hoping we get the Casitas in August when we stay at CSR. We had Cabana 8A in March.

How did you like the Casistas quiet pool? Were there any young children swimming there, or was it mostly adults?

The Quiet Pool was never all that busy. There were a few children there but they were pretty quiet. My brothers and I were more lively than those kids. :laughing: For the most part the kids were at the feature pool.

:banana:

Hey there!

That's what I'm afraid of!

A lot of the money I did not spend on myself, it was spent on presents. In the end I think I spent $150 on myself at Harry Potter. A good chunk of that was on food that I shared with Alek.

:scared: for skerry rhinos! :cheer2: for fashion freaks!

:laughing:

Dead Bones Brook
05-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Well it seems Lessa is already at a bad start on her trip report. She forgot one KEY member of our family and even got some information jumbled. But do not fret I am here to fix all wrongs she has committed.

As for the title of the trip report, not so great. She was working on that for nearly three weeks. On the first day of vacation she was panicking about what to call the report.

Welcome all to the first post of The Trip of sleep deprivation, lost cameras, abandoned wheelchairs and giant male p*&^%$#s carvings.
http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/DeadBonesBrook/594411-th_evil_smile_large.jpg

If I recall correctly Lessa forget this particular member of the family on the pre-trip report as well. Marcus our father's fluffy puppy of poopiness lives all the way in BC. He defends the neighborhood from bears, falcons, wasps, and of course the dreaded spawn of ugliness themselves human babies.

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/DeadBonesBrook/Disney%202011/IMG_93594.jpg

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/DeadBonesBrook/Disney%202011/IMG_93593.jpg

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/DeadBonesBrook/Disney%202011/IMG_9359-1.jpg

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/DeadBonesBrook/Disney%202011/IMG_93592.jpg

Now just so you get gist of what my family talks about in the car going on vacation I have inserted a few quotes and magical moments:

Do dolphins carry their babies inside themselves or do they lay eggs?

Awesome Australians going to Africa.

Lessa and Mom yelling about the packing of the car.

The phrase "Yeah Boy" translated into french "Oui Garcon"

Are Simba and Nala from the Lion King siblings or at least cousins since their are only two male lions in the pride?

Mayans = Pirates?

I wore the shorts over my swim trunks to prevent shrinkage. Not to hide the swim trunks. (Lessa forgot to bring this up, but when we were still at home Lessa and Mom were yelling at me for wearing the swim trunks. They yelled at me for at least 15 minutes and said that they were going to cancel the vacation if I didn't change. So much for Disney vacation lovers huh.)

While we were in the car listening to Lessa's bad choice in music her music supported my fashion statement. A song called 'Ever Ever After' told me to create a new fashion. I did so and I got yelled at in front of my best friend.

To continue the argument in Orlando when we arrived and Lessa put on her red backpack I brought up the point that it didn't match her clothes so that meant we shouldn't leave until she changed so that she matched. She glared at me and walked away. Can anyone say double standards.

Lessa and Mom bringing up the nude sister of the recently married person in the royal wedding in Europe(you know who she is). Apparently her name is "The Royal Hotness". Then I asked if she was attractive, but they didn't answer which means she isn't.

When Alek made fun of Lessa's music she got angry, but then I said, "Hey Alek it's her choice so you should support her decision," she got mad at me as well for defending her choice in music. Lessa is a very contradictory person isn't she.

And one final point of contradictory, Lessa and mom think it was embarrassing for me to wear swim trunks but it is not embarrassing for someone almost 30 to listen to Enchanted and Mary Poppins while dealing with the border guard.

Now Lessa forgot a few things in the airport. The teller who was checking us in called Alek "Alexandra". And it was Mom who was obsessed about the bird telling me to take pictures of it.

Mom also got her first vacation friend at the airport. It was some lady with her grand daughter going to Disney, and she had a creepy laugh.

Overall I think the beginning of the trip went well, we were all laughing at our stupid topics of conversation. And Alek and I loved to point out all of Lessa's contradictions. Look forward to my next update... for a little cliffhanger lets just say everything does not go well for Alek and I when we confront the triceratops.

Continue to Next Post (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41333142&postcount=113)

emmaca
05-31-2011, 12:12 PM
My comments (Mom's) are in blue

Every time we go to Disney
The evening of our departure was a busy one. We had some running around to do in order to finish some last minute errands. We had to stop at Best Buy to buy some new memory cards for the camera and some new rechargeable AA batteries. We had been planning on bring Erich's laptop with us so we could dump the photos onto it every night but sadly his laptop died shortly before the trip. Since we would be unable to clear the memory cards every day we knew we would have to pick some more up. At home we had 4 4GB cards, I picked up a new 16GB card for my camera, we figured that in addition to the cards we already had that should last us through the trip.

Yes, the evening was a busy one, this was the first year, where I (Mom did not take the day off to prepare, I was not packed, nor did I have the house in order. Everyone at work told me to go home and put my feet up and have a glass or two or three and get some sleep, as a few knew that we would be leaving rather EARLY.

We have two cats at home. Our sweet angel princess, Amber

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0523.jpg

Isn't she precious!!

And our handsome prince, Hobbes

and Hobbs is so handsome, they both sensed something was up that day and night.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_2558.jpg

Erich's best friend Jessie was also over at the house hanging out before we left, we dropped him off at his house on the way out of town.

Jessie is such a neat kid, I call him my third son, and sometimes my favorite son LOL

We left the house on time and were on our way. Mom had a mini panic attack on the way to Syracuse, she didn't remember seeing Hobbes before we left and she was afraid that he had been locked in her bedroom. We assured her that we had seen Hobbes but she wouldn't let that feeling go so we just told her to call our neighbour when we arrived in Orlando and ask her to check. :rolleyes: We also discovered during the ride that Erich was going to be keeping his own notes for the trip report while we were gone. He carried a little notebook around with him and wrote down all the ridiculous and stupid conversations that we had and things that we did. :headache:

I always have last minute anxieety attacks, about things that I may have forgotten, it drives the kids crazy, but then hey I have to give them something to tease me about, memories... Lessa did forget to mention that after all my fretting and worrying, Erich forgot to feed his fish for the week, so I did have to call my friend and tell her to place a tablet in the tank...The good news is that the fishies and kitties were all alive and thriving when we got home.

The border crossing was a breeze, I was a bit nervous about how the border and airport security would be considering we were going on vacation about a week after Osama was killed.

The border guard actually asked if we owned property in Florida!!! Is it not a typical question to ask???

At the airport check-in went quickly and there were no lines for Security. Unfortunately, both Mom and I got pulled over to be searched. Something in my carry-on had caught their attention and Mom had set off the metal detector. It never fails, every time we fly, one person in our family gets pulled aside by Security. My bag search went quickly, he said that the thickness of the bag caused a bad scan in the machine so they had to look through the bag manually.

They couldn't figure out why Mom set off the detector. They said the stent in her throat would not have done it and there was no other metal on her. They let us go after a few minutes.

That was our morning excitement for the day!!, talk about a wake up call, I had the pat down, I don;t think Syracuse has the x-ray machines

Our flight was scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 10:00, we were there by 9:30! We briefly popped into the Universal Store to check out the Harry Potter merchandise and then we went down to baggage claim. I figured we would have to wait awhile, nope, the luggage was out within minutes!

Erich also took this opportunity to strip down in the airport...

He had worn his swim trunks under his normal shorts. He did this on purpose to annoy Mom and I because we had been arguing with him about wearing the trunks as regular shorts. We were on vacation so I let it go, couldn't do anything about it anyways.

I said before we left for the trip, that I was just going chill out, relax and not let the little things get to me, just go with the flow.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_2277.jpg

It was a complicated car! It had one of those new keys that is not a key. The cd player was also complicated, well complicated for us. It was a multi-disc player so you had to first hit load and then the slot you wanted to load and then put the cd in. Took us a few minutes to figure that out.That figured out we were on the road before 10:30.

Yes, I will say it was a complicated car, it took all four of us to figure things out.

It was smooth sailing until we hit a toll station. We had a bag full of quarters for just this purpose. We pulled into a station that allowed exact change. We counted out the quarters and then threw them into the bucket. The machine said we still owed 25 cents. Hmm, okay, we put in another quarter. It still said we owed 25 cents, we put in another quarter. You owe 25 cents. ????!!!! :headache: We put in one more quarter, it still wasn't acknowledging it. We were fed up, the machine was clearly broken, we had more than paid the toll so we just left. As we drove away a beeping alarm went off, oh well, we haven't been ticketed yet, not our fault the machine was broken. After that I went into the toll lanes that were manned by actual people so I could be sure that the toll was paid and we wouldn't have to deal with a dumb machine.

Since I was driving Mom was in charge of getting the arrival shots.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0312.jpg

That was taken at 10:46. We had arrived at WDW 45 minutes after our flight was originally scheduled to land, not bad! In my planning I had estimated our arrival on property to be around noon.

Getting to the resort was easy, I simply followed the signs for Animal Kingdom until I saw the turnoff for Coronado Springs.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0315.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0316.jpg

We parked the car and headed inside to check-in.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0317.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0318.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0319.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0320.jpg

Alek and Erich went to check out the gift shop while Mom and I went over to Registration. We were lucky again, no wait! We were helped by a very lovely English cast member. She was very friendly and helped us with our room requests. We were very demanding. :laughing: Just kidding! I asked if a room in the Casitas section, top floor was available. She said that there was but that she could also show me other locations that had rooms available on the top floor. She then took out a map and circled the available rooms so we could make an informed choice. Mom was asking what each section was and I was explaining it all to her. Leading up to the trip Mom had said that she did not want a room in the Ranchos section as she did not like the theming of the area. I did not want a room in the Cabanas because the quiet pool for the section was going to be under refurbishment for most of the trip, that left Casitas. The cast member laughed and said I was doing her job for her. :cutie: We settled on a room in Casitas 5, Rm 5422. It was close to an elevator, the parking lot, quiet pool, gym and laundry room. It was also a short walk from the main feature pool and the main building.

I was very happy with the location of our building, about 1/2 way between the main pool and main building.

The room was not ready yet so I gave the CM my cell number so we could be texted once it was ready and we collected Alek and Erich and headed out. We drove around the resort so we would know where to head once the room was ready and then it was off to Downtown Disney!

Shopping here we come!!

YukiPhnx
05-31-2011, 12:21 PM
Lessa, looks like a lot of pixie dust for the start of your vacation! Few lines and getting into Orlando early??? That sounds awesome!!

It's funny that you were doing the CM's job for her. I wonder how many Disers they usually encounter eh? We know EVERYTHING.

Erich, you're SO FUNNY. I seriously LOL-ed at your post. I'll be looking forward to more!

Beth, I think it's so weird you got pulled for a pat down and yet they still couldn't figure it out!

I love the way this is going, with Lessa taking the lead and everyone else adding their own comments!

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Lessa, looks like a lot of pixie dust for the start of your vacation! Few lines and getting into Orlando early??? That sounds awesome!!

I was really excited that we got in early and everything was going our way, well aside from the stupid toll machine.

It's funny that you were doing the CM's job for her. I wonder how many Disers they usually encounter eh? We know EVERYTHING.

She thought it was funny that I knew so much. She even chatted with us a bit about her experience working at Disney and gave Mom the website where she got the job as Erich is interested in going down to work for a summer.

I love the way this is going, with Lessa taking the lead and everyone else adding their own comments!

Glad you enjoy it! I wonder if Alek will contribute. :confused3

CandleontheWater
05-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Your kitty cats are so cute! I have two of my own and I agree that leaving them is the hardest part of vacation.

Bummer you had to leave at 2 am, I guess I'm pretty spoiled living within less than an hour drive of three major airports.

I've stayed at CSR twice before and really enjoyed it! I'm looking forward to more hotel pictures!

tlaw66
05-31-2011, 01:19 PM
awaiting trip 1 my 7 year old daughter and myself awiting trip 2 joining in on your trip report

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-31-2011, 01:26 PM
Your kitty cats are so cute! I have two of my own and I agree that leaving them is the hardest part of vacation.

Bummer you had to leave at 2 am, I guess I'm pretty spoiled living within less than an hour drive of three major airports.

I've stayed at CSR twice before and really enjoyed it! I'm looking forward to more hotel pictures!

Pets always know that you are leaving them and they look at you like you are abandoning them, they looks so sad, the ultimate guilt trip.

We wouldn't have to leave so early except for the border, we like to have that extra cushion of time in case we get held up at for whatever reason.

awaiting trip 1 my 7 year old daughter and myself awiting trip 2 joining in on your trip report

Welcome! I hope you enjoy. :goodvibes

ddstratton
05-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Wonderful start to your trip!

Belle83
05-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Cute kitties!

I hope to stay at Coronado sometime soon, I love the pics. Can't wait to read more!

GeminiAngel
05-31-2011, 03:48 PM
I hate leaving our dog. Its just so sad, he knows we're going.
We went away for 8nts back in April. I called the border halfway thru the trip to find out how Gilbert was doing. She tells me he's stressed! Just great. Talk about a guilt trip.

CS looks so pretty. But living in the Southwest, the last place I want to stay is somewhere with a SW theme. :rotfl: We will be shooting for French Qtr next trip.

Great start. Nice swim trunks. :sad2:

teachermommy78
05-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Joining in! I'm loving it already!!! It is just so entertaining to read through your family's arguments. :lmao: I think I've said this before, but I hope my three have a good relationship as adults! And that they'll still be excited to go to Disney with me!

YukiPhnx
05-31-2011, 05:35 PM
I was really excited that we got in early and everything was going our way, well aside from the stupid toll machine.

She thought it was funny that I knew so much. She even chatted with us a bit about her experience working at Disney and gave Mom the website where she got the job as Erich is interested in going down to work for a summer.

Glad you enjoy it! I wonder if Alek will contribute. :confused3

Yeah, did you get some of your money back for that toll booth? Or at least a voucher for next time or something...It ate up a whole dollar! Or am I just being cheap...

Oh, is Erich interested in the IP at Epcot? I've been thinking about that for myself too!

DawnMaree
05-31-2011, 06:48 PM
Well, another trip to Syracuse that you didn't bother to visit and/or mention me! :mad:

Photo from the plane. Let me guess... NY's Finger Lakes? :teacher:

I think Erich looks good in the swim suit, and I would have had no problem with him wearing it! Of course, if he were to have gotten frisked, er, searched, it may have been a bit too close for comfort for him. Or maybe not... :rolleyes1

I see you're one of the people who I curse who cannot park between the lines. :lmao:

But you're off to a great start. popcorn::

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Wonderful start to your trip!

Thanks!
Cute kitties!

I hope to stay at Coronado sometime soon, I love the pics. Can't wait to read more!

I really liked Coronado, it was a very peaceful resort and not crowded at all.

CS looks so pretty. But living in the Southwest, the last place I want to stay is somewhere with a SW theme. :rotfl: We will be shooting for French Qtr next trip.

Great start. Nice swim trunks. :sad2:

I can understand not wanting the SW theme if you live in the SW. :rotfl: I didn't so much pick the resort for the theme but b/c of the rooms and amenities, they are the nicest out of all the mods.

Joining in! I'm loving it already!!! It is just so entertaining to read through your family's arguments. :lmao: I think I've said this before, but I hope my three have a good relationship as adults! And that they'll still be excited to go to Disney with me!

:laughing: I'm glad you all get entertainment out of our squabbles, they are pretty funny looking back. Looking back at the trip there were no "big" blowouts this time around. There were a few "incidents" but no full on fights that ended with me crying on the Splash Mountain bridge. ;):rotfl: Nice thing about our family, even when we do get in an argument it usually blows over pretty quickly.

Yeah, did you get some of your money back for that toll booth? Or at least a voucher for next time or something...It ate up a whole dollar! Or am I just being cheap...

Oh, is Erich interested in the IP at Epcot? I've been thinking about that for myself too!

I think the highway has two toll booths between the airport and Disney, each is $1.50. There may be a third booth that is cheaper and only 75 cents?

Nope no money back from the toll booth, there were no attendants there, it was just a machine. We would have had to get out of the car and walk through lanes of the highway to get to a booth that had a person.

The toll at the booth that malfunctioned was $1.50. The weird thing about what happened is that it acknowledged the first $1.25 that went in but not the last 25 cents. We ended putting in an extra dollar in quarters and it would not acknowledge them.

My fear is that we may actually end up getting a fine from the State via the rental company for "not paying" the toll as they have cameras there that take pictures of cars if they leave "without" paying. :confused3

Erich's Business program actually offers an internship with Disney. It is not the regular college program or the IP but something else. Apparently it is very competitive but Erich says he is going to apply and see if he gets it.

The website she gave us was called yummy jobs.com or something like that.

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Well, another trip to Syracuse that you didn't bother to visit and/or mention me! :mad:

Photo from the plane. Let me guess... NY's Finger Lakes? :teacher:

I think Erich looks good in the swim suit, and I would have had no problem with him wearing it! Of course, if he were to have gotten frisked, er, searched, it may have been a bit too close for comfort for him. Or maybe not... :rolleyes1

I see you're one of the people who I curse who cannot park between the lines. :lmao:

But you're off to a great start. popcorn::

I am sure you would have appreciated our knocking on the door at 4 in the morning, I do have your address. ;) :laughing: Mom and I will probably be heading down for a shopping trip in August/early September, I'll let you know when we are coming down.

Mom and I are old fashioned, swim trunks are okay if you are headed directly to the beach/pool but not for walking around in other public places as everyday clothing. We also dislike the fad of wearing pajama pants and yoga/exercise pants as regular clothes. That is just us though, nothing against those who do it but I would never be caught dead at the grocery store or mall in my pajama pants or even sweat pants for that matter. I guess we should get used to this "new" fashion, we live in a world where if I wear a sundress or skirt to work people ask me why I am "dressed up". :rolleyes:

Parking, that car was massive and I was still getting used to it, I drive a Camry when at home. The parking lot at the front of the resort was pretty empty so I didn't bother correcting. ;) Usually I am pretty particular when it comes to driving/parking, just ask Mom, I drive her crazy with all my "back seat driving".

KatMark
05-31-2011, 07:32 PM
Great update!

Your cats are very cute.

Your brother reminds me of my youngest son...he would walk around dressed in exactly the same fashion.

Love the location you got at CSR; Casitas 4 and 5 are our favorite spots (although Cabanas 8A was really nice last year).

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Love the location you got at CSR; Casitas 4 and 5 are our favorite spots (although Cabanas 8A was really nice last year).

I remember that from the CSR thread! I never did get a chance to try out your hammock for various reasons..... that I will get to later in the report! :laughing:;)

I liked the Cabanas section and would not have minded getting a room there if the Quiet Pool had been open. I actually like the Ranchos area as well but Mom REALLY did not want a room in that section. She played it cool at check-in as though she didn't care but I KNEW better. :laughing:

KatMark
05-31-2011, 08:03 PM
I remember that from the CSR thread! I never did get a chance to try out your hammock for various reasons..... that I will get to later in the report! :laughing:;)

I liked the Cabanas section and would not have minded getting a room there if the Quiet Pool had been open. I actually like the Ranchos area as well but Mom REALLY did not want a room in that section. She played it cool at check-in as though she didn't care but I KNEW better. :laughing:

I think I mentioned in my PTR that we're asking for the Ranchos section this trip. It's the only spot we've not tried.

MaryAz
05-31-2011, 09:15 PM
I am late but all caught up. i just love your reports!! So happy you did not get rain! Glad to see pics of your mom looking relaxed. And the Bro's:rolleyes1

Moira222
05-31-2011, 09:38 PM
Hi Lessa - followed you over here from the CSR thread. LOVE LOVE LOVE your photos from CSR. Made me wonder why we didn't stay there this time again...

Your intros are great. I can already tell this is a lively wacky family! yeah!

Our trips overlapped a bit and Yeah, HOT HOT HOT is right!

reading on....
haha all caught up now, the note from your brother has solidified my impression of your family...just like mine! looking forward to reading on!

pinkxray
05-31-2011, 09:42 PM
How cool that you got to pick any car that you wanted. I think I signed up for all the car rental programs at some point to. I wish we had gone with National instead. The car you got looks pretty nice for 4 adults and 2 weeks of stuff.

I saw all of your pictures on the CSR thread. And my family thought I took a lot of pictures. They are all great though. CSR looks so pretty. I doubt I'll ever get a chance to stay there now that DH and DD insist on AKL, but I would love to make it there even for a few days.

englishrose47
05-31-2011, 11:19 PM
Awesome start !!

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-31-2011, 11:19 PM
I am late but all caught up. i just love your reports!! So happy you did not get rain! Glad to see pics of your mom looking relaxed. And the Bro's:rolleyes1

You of all people can definitely appreciate the no rain after that week in May we were both there! :laughing:

Hi Lessa - followed you over here from the CSR thread. LOVE LOVE LOVE your photos from CSR. Made me wonder why we didn't stay there this time again...

Your intros are great. I can already tell this is a lively wacky family! yeah!

Our trips overlapped a bit and Yeah, HOT HOT HOT is right!

reading on....
haha all caught up now, the note from your brother has solidified my impression of your family...just like mine! looking forward to reading on!

:laughing: Glad that you are enjoying the report and our brand of humour. ;)

How cool that you got to pick any car that you wanted. I think I signed up for all the car rental programs at some point to. I wish we had gone with National instead. The car you got looks pretty nice for 4 adults and 2 weeks of stuff.

I saw all of your pictures on the CSR thread. And my family thought I took a lot of pictures. They are all great though. CSR looks so pretty. I doubt I'll ever get a chance to stay there now that DH and DD insist on AKL, but I would love to make it there even for a few days.

I was trying to decide between the SUV we ended up with and the Jeep Liberty. I eventually chose the one I did because it had an enormous trunk once you folded down the third row of seats. The Liberty would have been much easier to maneuver as it was much more compact, not such a beast of a car, I sorta wish I had picked it, don't know how that would have worked out with the luggage so I guess in the end it all worked out.

I am well known for my excess of photos, I always laugh when I read TR's and people say they had "lots" of photos (under 1000), they would probably faint if they saw how many we come home with. I am like this with everything though, no just WDW vacations, I just can't help myself, I am a shutterbug.

Lifelong_Dreamer
05-31-2011, 11:21 PM
Awesome start !!

Thanks Rosie!

scottny
05-31-2011, 11:30 PM
great start.

cute little kitties.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-01-2011, 01:35 AM
great start.

cute little kitties.

Thanks Scott, they are our little sweeties!

emmaca
06-01-2011, 05:05 AM
Parking, that car was massive and I was still getting used to it, I drive a Camry when at home. The parking lot at the front of the resort was pretty empty so I didn't bother correcting. ;) Usually I am pretty particular when it comes to driving/parking, just ask Mom, I drive her crazy with all my "back seat driving".

Don't get me going Lessa

emmaca
06-01-2011, 05:16 AM

After being up for just over 24 hours, with very little sleep, I thought a room is just a room, as long as it is clean, has a bed and AC, I'm good to go. I will be honest, it is all about theming, with 15 days of heat ahead, a desert theme of Ranchos some how did not appeal to me, just more heat... I'm the same way at home with the layout of stores, if the lighting and layout do not appeal to me, I do not shop there, I guess I am very particular.. Overall I was happy with the resort, and after walking through the Ranchos section, I am still glad that we did not stay there, on several occasions, I passed some guests that had just checked in, and were walking with there luggage from the main building, and were commenting about the long walk. I guess they must have arrived on the Disney Express (what ever that bus is called), the other great feature about where we were located, the bus stop to the parks was just across the parking lot from our building, and I thought the bus service was pretty good, I only had to wait about 7 minutes for a bus to Magic Kingdom.

lovethattink
06-01-2011, 05:53 AM
You of all people can definitely appreciate the no rain after that week in May we were both there! :laughing:

[/COLOR]

Now we have wild fires that have broken out in several counties, Orange, Volusia, etc. Yesterday morning when we went outside my son remarked that it smelled like bacon outside. We desparately need rain, but not flooding!

jenbear123
06-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Erich's Business program actually offers an internship with Disney. It is not the regular college program or the IP but something else. Apparently it is very competitive but Erich says he is going to apply and see if he gets it.

Yup, it's Yummy Jobs! That's the people Bubba went through to get her first (and second) contract for the IP. They usually are the intermediary for Disney for us Canadians.

charming23
06-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Joining in. You are off to a great start. Can't wait to hear more.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Now we have wild fires that have broken out in several counties, Orange, Volusia, etc. Yesterday morning when we went outside my son remarked that it smelled like bacon outside. We desparately need rain, but not flooding!

Yikes! That is no good!

Yup, it's Yummy Jobs! That's the people Bubba went through to get her first (and second) contract for the IP. They usually are the intermediary for Disney for us Canadians.

:thumbsup2

Joining in. You are off to a great start. Can't wait to hear more.

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it. :thumbsup2

crazyfordisney2000
06-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Hello fellow Canadian!! I stumbled upon your report on a thread on the Canadian Board. I'm usually a dining report reader, I rarely read trip reports, but in my depressed state, and your trip dates, it intrigued me. You see, we just got back from Disney May 12 :sad1:, (hence depressed state).

We used Syracuse Airport also, our plane left at 2:15 in the afternoon, and there were no line-ups anywhere in the airport. On a Saturday. LOVE :love: Syracuse Airport.

I'm loving your trip report so far, subscribing!!!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Hello fellow Canadian!! I stumbled upon your report on a thread on the Canadian Board. I'm usually a dining report reader, I rarely read trip reports, but in my depressed state, and your trip dates, it intrigued me. You see, we just got back from Disney May 12 :sad1:, (hence depressed state).

We used Syracuse Airport also, our plane left at 2:15 in the afternoon, and there were no line-ups anywhere in the airport. On a Saturday. LOVE :love: Syracuse Airport.

I'm loving your trip report so far, subscribing!!!

Hey there! We are from the same town! It would be too funny if we ran into each other! :laughing:

I really like the Syracuse Airport as well, well maintained, never all that busy, and the price is right.

All7OfUs
06-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Hey Lessa, I read your latest update yesterday, but need to go back and comment on it! Hope to get to that today!

Native NYer
06-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Your cats are adorable!
I love arriving at MCO earlier than planned.
Can't wait to read more!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Hey Lessa, I read your latest update yesterday, but need to go back and comment on it! Hope to get to that today!

Your cats are adorable!
I love arriving at MCO earlier than planned.
Can't wait to read more!

They are my darlings, Mom spoils them the most with toys and treats and I spoil them the most with affection.

It was great getting in early, we were way ahead of schedule. :thumbsup2

englishrose47
06-01-2011, 03:24 PM
All caught up !! I will be away in Lake George till Monday , soooo don't get to far ahead for me !!!:rotfl2:

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-01-2011, 03:34 PM
All caught up !! I will be away in Lake George till Monday , soooo don't get to far ahead for me !!!:rotfl2:

:rotfl: My update schedule for the summer is every Thursday and Monday so I guess it depends on when I update on Monday and when you get back. ;) Have a great time!

YukiPhnx
06-01-2011, 06:20 PM
I think the highway has two toll booths between the airport and Disney, each is $1.50. There may be a third booth that is cheaper and only 75 cents?

Nope no money back from the toll booth, there were no attendants there, it was just a machine. We would have had to get out of the car and walk through lanes of the highway to get to a booth that had a person.

The toll at the booth that malfunctioned was $1.50. The weird thing about what happened is that it acknowledged the first $1.25 that went in but not the last 25 cents. We ended putting in an extra dollar in quarters and it would not acknowledge them.

My fear is that we may actually end up getting a fine from the State via the rental company for "not paying" the toll as they have cameras there that take pictures of cars if they leave "without" paying. :confused3

Ohhh, I thought you had talked to a person before leaving. Yeah, I hope you're not charged or anything! I wonder if they would know there was a problem with the machine....Maybe others had the same problem around that time?

Wooow, a business internship at Disney, that sounds so cool! Wish him luck for me.

rentayenta
06-01-2011, 09:18 PM
:thumbsup2 Love the WDW sign.

:blush: Erich's font is very hard for me to read so I will skip his parts. These old 42 y/o eyes can't do tall, bold font. :rotfl:

All7OfUs
06-01-2011, 09:35 PM
HI Lessa, All caught up!! I was really excited to see your pix from CSR! It's one of the ones I'd really like to stay at someday, so appreciated all the views you got!

How fun that the CM complimented your knowledge and for helping make her job easier. All that research sure pays off doesn't it??

I am looking for a good deal on a rental right now too, so that was helpful reading about National. :thumbsup2

emmaca
06-02-2011, 05:34 AM
Ohhh, I thought you had talked to a person before leaving. Yeah, I hope you're not charged or anything! I wonder if they would know there was a problem with the machine....Maybe others had the same problem around that time?

Wooow, a business internship at Disney, that sounds so cool! Wish him luck for me.

This is the first year that Erich's college has offered this opportunity; yesterday at work, I was going through the newspapers while I was away, and saw an article about the program, here is the link; it should be interesting, if Erich pursues this opportunity. The internship is 6 months and the college partners with U of Florida, so you actually earn credits, here is an excerpt The students will pay a $3,875 tuition, as well as the $82 weekly accommodation fee that will be deducted from their earnings. Less than $100 weekly is nothing to bat an eyelash at, however, given that the students will be staying in residence-style housing that is more like a Disney hotel. While at Disney I picked up several books Be Our Guest : Perfecting the art of customer service and Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney, then at the Orlando airport, Erich showed me a book called Cast Member Confidential (a very interesting read, to say the least). All books have been fast reads, however I haven't started Creating Magic, I told Erich that he should read them, as it would give him a really good idea of what Disney is looking for, and their philosophy.

http://thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3138000

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-02-2011, 06:18 AM

Hopefully, if we are lucky, they will realize that the machine was not working.

:thumbsup2 Love the WDW sign.

:blush: Erich's font is very hard for me to read so I will skip his parts. These old 42 y/o eyes can't do tall, bold font. :rotfl:

:laughing: Well the important part is what I write. ;)

HI Lessa, All caught up!! I was really excited to see your pix from CSR! It's one of the ones I'd really like to stay at someday, so appreciated all the views you got!

How fun that the CM complimented your knowledge and for helping make her job easier. All that research sure pays off doesn't it??

I am looking for a good deal on a rental right now too, so that was helpful reading about National. :thumbsup2

I really like National, we have always had a good experience with them.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-02-2011, 10:04 AM
May 11th continued

After getting acquainted with where our room would be located at the resort we made our way to Downtown Disney.

A nice thing about Coronado Springs it is central to everything and it never took long to get anywhere. Located on the same road as the resort: Hollywood Studios, The Boardwalk and gas station, Fantasia Gardens Mini-Golf, Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney, and Blizzard Beach, Winter-Summerland Mini-Golf and the big Mcdonald's. This same road is also the one you would follow to get to the Downtown Disney resorts and the Crossroads shopping area. Epcot and Magic Kingdom were also nearby as was Animal Kingdom, also very easy to get to.

Once we got to Downtown Disney I decided that I needed to change, I was still wearing jeans from the flight down and there was no way I was walking around like that in the heat. I pulled a dress from the luggage in the trunk and Mom stood guard while I changed in the back of the car. That taken care of our destination was the T-Rex restaurant. We had an ADR for 2pm, it was about 11:30 when we arrived. We were all hungry so we figured we would see if they could fit us in early.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0427.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_2279.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_2282.jpg

When we arrived we saw that the restaurant was pretty empty and they were able to seat us without a problem. We got a nice circular booth in the room that has the meteor shower.

After the waitress took our orders Alek, Erich and I got up to go exploring.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_2284.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_2287.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_2289.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_2290.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_2293.jpg

While we were off having fun Mom was ordering herself her first drink of the trip: Caveman Punch

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_7688.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0328.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0329.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0333.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0334.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0335.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0337.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0341.jpg

This crystal was next to the men's washroom...

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0344.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0346.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0347.jpg

We got back to the table in time for a meteor shower. We figured it probably looks more impressive at night when there isn't the strong light streaming in from outside.

Here is a short video of the meteor shower (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgSl8VYPvU0)

Soon after our food arrived.

Alek and Erich both ordered Fire-Roasted Rotisserie Chicken - Half of a chicken, slow-roasted and served with your choice of two of the following sides: garlic mashed potatoes, waffle fries, Raptor rice, baked beans, cinnamon apples, cole slaw or roasted vegetables

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_2310.jpg

Mom ordered the Layers of the Earth Lasagna - Fresh pasta layered with homemade tomato and meat sauce, Ricotta, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, baked to perfection

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0354.jpg

And I ordered T-Rexadillas - Chicken, peppers, green onions, Monterey jack and cheddar cheeses grilled in flour tortillas and served with pico de gallo, sour cream and guacamole

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0355.jpg

We were all happy with our meals. I had a taste of Mom's lasagna and it was very yummy. Alek and Erich both raved about their chicken. My quesadilla was fine, nothing special, but it was tasty and filling.

Since we were on vacation we decided that dessert was in order.

Alek, Erich and I shared the Chocolate Extinction - A gigantic portion of chocolate fudge cake served with ice cream, fresh whipped cream drizzled with fudge and caramel sauces and sprinkled with Butterfinger crumbs. Enough for two or more.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0358.jpg

It was delicious and we made quick work of it.

Mom had the Cosmic Key Lime Pie - freshly baked key lime pie in a graham cracker crust, served with raspberry sauce and fresh whipped cream

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0359.jpg

After settling the bill I went off to take a few more pictures while Alek and Erich browsed the gift shop, they both bought a t-shirt.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0362.jpg

We left T-Rex right around 12:30, so lunch took about an hour. No word on the room yet so we decided to explore the shops for a bit.

Continue to Next Post

lbuzz52
06-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi! i made it over!

This seems like it will be a fun read! i can't wait until my kids are old enough to ham up my trip reports with their goofiness!

I think it was great that you were able to pick your room! Nice start to the trip!
I also think you got a great rental price for an airport pickup!

T-Rex looks fun. i thought about it for this past trip but nixed it when my son decided all things loud were scary. is it really loud in there?

jmendez24
06-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Just found this and I'm excited to read. We stayed at the Coronado as well during the same time frame (May 17-24). We however stayed in the Ranchos. We liked it, it was quiet and our view was great, we got the 3rd floor.

Also funny, when we arrived, our first stop was the T-rex as well. :thumbsup2

emmaca
06-02-2011, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=Lifelong_Dreamer;41333142][SIZE="3"]May 11th continued

A nice thing about Coronado Springs it is central to everything and it never took long to get anywhere. Located on the same road as the resort: Hollywood Studios, The Boardwalk and gas station, Fantasia Gardens Mini-Golf, Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney, and Blizzard Beach, Winter-Summerland Mini-Golf and the big Mcdonald's. This same road is also the one you would follow to get to the Downtown Disney resorts and the Crossroads shopping area. Epcot and Magic Kingdom were also nearby as was Animal Kingdom, also very easy to get to.

I thought the location of the resort was perfect, we could literally walk to Blizzard Beach, it was that close ( note: we never did though)

Once we got to Downtown Disney I decided that I needed to change, I was still wearing jeans from the flight down and there was no way I was walking around like that in the heat. I pulled a dress from the luggage in the trunk and Mom stood guard while I changed in the back of the car.

:rolleyes1:eek: It was a good thing the boys weren't around, and that the windows were tinted

That taken care of our destination was the T-Rex restaurant. We had an ADR for 2pm, it was about 11:30 when we arrived. We were all hungry so we figured we would see if they could fit us in early.

[COLOR="royalblue"]We were all pretty ravished, it had been about 18 hours since we all last ate. I think we all wanted to order everything on the menu.. I was quite happy to find that the restaurant was fairly quiet, most likely due to the time of day, a few years ago, Lessa and checked it out and it was insanely loud, so loud you couldn't carry on a conversation. I like quiet :)

/While we were off having fun Mom was ordering herself her first drink of the trip: Caveman Punch
Yummy, I tried several drinks on my trip and as soon as I got home, I went online to get the recipe, I think the best one was called a Tiramiso. This weekend I plan on mixing up a batch.

Mom ordered the Layers of the Earth Lasagna - Fresh pasta layered with homemade tomato and meat sauce, Ricotta, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, baked to perfection

It was so good, I would recommend it! Better than Olive Garden's

After settling the bill I went off to take a few more pictures while Alek and Erich browsed the gift shop, they both bought a t-shirt.

I broke down and spend a small fortune at Basin.

DawnMaree
06-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Boy, I have good timing checking in here.

I would hope the meteor shower was much better at nighttime. I could barely see anything. But the decor looks pretty cool. Hmmm... giant crystal outside men's room -- looks fitting there.. :rolleyes1

And that key lime pie looks scrumptious.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi! i made it over!

This seems like it will be a fun read! i can't wait until my kids are old enough to ham up my trip reports with their goofiness!

I think it was great that you were able to pick your room! Nice start to the trip!
I also think you got a great rental price for an airport pickup!

T-Rex looks fun. i thought about it for this past trip but nixed it when my son decided all things loud were scary. is it really loud in there?

Welcome!

It was very nice of the CM to give us a choice in rooms, that doesn't usually happen.

It wasn't too bad, it was only really loud during the meteor shower.

Just found this and I'm excited to read. We stayed at the Coronado as well during the same time frame (May 17-24). We however stayed in the Ranchos. We liked it, it was quiet and our view was great, we got the 3rd floor.

Also funny, when we arrived, our first stop was the T-rex as well. :thumbsup2

Welcome! Seems like there were lots of us at Coronado at the same time. :thumbsup2

We were all pretty ravished, it had been about 18 hours since we all last ate.

I think Mom meant we were famished. :lmao:

ddstratton
06-02-2011, 11:32 AM
I absolutely LOVE T-Rex!! Looks like you guys had a nice relaxing lunch. Very nice way to start your vacation.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Boy, I have good timing checking in here.

I would hope the meteor shower was much better at nighttime. I could barely see anything. But the decor looks pretty cool. Hmmm... giant crystal outside men's room -- looks fitting there.. :rolleyes1

And that key lime pie looks scrumptious.

Yeah, we were underwhelmed by the shower, good thing we weren't there for that alone. :rolleyes1

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-02-2011, 11:33 AM
I absolutely LOVE T-Rex!! Looks like you guys had a nice relaxing lunch. Very nice way to start your vacation.

I thought so! The food was delicious!

KatMark
06-02-2011, 11:34 AM
We've never been to T-Rex and your pictures are absolutely awesome. Your mom's lasagna does look really good.

OhMari
06-02-2011, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE=Lifelong_Dreamer;41333142][SIZE="3"]May 11th continued

I thought the location of the resort was perfect, we could literally walk to Blizzard Beach, it was that close ( note: we never did though)

Once we got to Downtown Disney I decided that I needed to change, I was still wearing jeans from the flight down and there was no way I was walking around like that in the heat. I pulled a dress from the luggage in the trunk and Mom stood guard while I changed in the back of the car.

:rolleyes1:eek: It was a good thing the boys weren't around, and that the windows were tinted

That taken care of our destination was the T-Rex restaurant. We had an ADR for 2pm, it was about 11:30 when we arrived. We were all hungry so we figured we would see if they could fit us in early.

[COLOR="royalblue"]We were all pretty ravished, it had been about 18 hours since we all last ate. I think we all wanted to order everything on the menu.. I was quite happy to find that the restaurant was fairly quiet, most likely due to the time of day, a few years ago, Lessa and checked it out and it was insanely loud, so loud you couldn't carry on a conversation. I like quiet :)

/While we were off having fun Mom was ordering herself her first drink of the trip: Caveman Punch
Yummy, I tried several drinks on my trip and as soon as I got home, I went online to get the recipe, I think the best one was called a Tiramiso. This weekend I plan on mixing up a batch.

It was so good, I would recommend it! Better than Olive Garden's

I broke down and spend a small fortune at Basin.

You should ask Leesa to put in your links for your comments.
I know it is more work for Leesa, but it is nice reading your comments.

pinkxray
06-02-2011, 11:40 AM
We tried T-rex for the first time too. It was really busy when we were there so it was hard to walk around for pictures. I had the appetizer sampler with the quesadilla. I thought they were pretty good. I hate when I order them and the chicken is gross, but the chicken was actually pretty good.

Your desserts look good. I was planning on ordering the doughnuts but we decided to try Ghiradelli for dessert instead.

Too funny that you changed in the car. I thought you were going to change in the restroom or something. I needed to switch shirts at some point but there were always way to many people around to do it in the car. I am guessing not too many people were in the parking lot at that time.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-02-2011, 11:52 AM
We've never been to T-Rex and your pictures are absolutely awesome. Your mom's lasagna does look really good.

Thanks! It was a fun place and the food was good so I recommend it. :thumbsup2

You should ask Leesa to put in your links for your comments.
I know it is more work for Leesa, but it is nice reading your comments.

I could put a link on the table of contents but I think it might confuse people if I link it at the end of each post like I do Erich's since she is quoting my update and not doing a "new" post.

We tried T-rex for the first time too. It was really busy when we were there so it was hard to walk around for pictures. I had the appetizer sampler with the quesadilla. I thought they were pretty good. I hate when I order them and the chicken is gross, but the chicken was actually pretty good.

Your desserts look good. I was planning on ordering the doughnuts but we decided to try Ghiradelli for dessert instead.

Too funny that you changed in the car. I thought you were going to change in the restroom or something. I needed to switch shirts at some point but there were always way to many people around to do it in the car. I am guessing not too many people were in the parking lot at that time.

I agree, the chicken they used was really good.

:laughing: Yes, the parking lot was deserted and we weren't parked by anybody else otherwise I would have gone and changed in a bathroom. I didn't want to be hauling my jeans and top around the rest of the time we were there so I figured the car was easier. I'm pretty talented at changing in car so even if somebody had walked by there was no way they could have seen anything. ;)

rentayenta
06-02-2011, 11:53 AM
:thumbsup2 Super duper photos! The kids Built a Dino last trip but we didn't eat at T-Rex. Might have to add that to out possibilities list.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-02-2011, 11:55 AM
:thumbsup2 Super duper photos! The kids Built a Dino last trip but we didn't eat at T-Rex. might have to add that to out possibilities list.

Thanks! Seems like the kind of restaurant kids would love so long as they are not disturbed by loud noises.

GeminiAngel
06-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Not sure I'm into the themeing, but the menu seems awesome! I think I would love the chicken. Its seems just like rainforest cafe except with dinos.
Food is really good, theme can be a bit annoying.

crazyfordisney2000
06-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah, another Disser in Kingston, I don't feel so alone :hug: If you ever hear someone yell "Is that you, Lifelong Dreamer?" you'll know it's just me;)

This is the first year that Erich's college has offered this opportunity; yesterday at work, I was going through the newspapers while I was away, and saw an article about the program, here is the link; it should be interesting, if Erich pursues this opportunity. The internship is 6 months and the college partners with U of Florida, so you actually earn credits, here is an excerpt The students will pay a $3,875 tuition, as well as the $82 weekly accommodation fee that will be deducted from their earnings. Less than $100 weekly is nothing to bat an eyelash at, however, given that the students will be staying in residence-style housing that is more like a Disney hotel. While at Disney I picked up several books Be Our Guest : Perfecting the art of customer service and Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney, then at the Orlando airport, Erich showed me a book called Cast Member Confidential (a very interesting read, to say the least). All books have been fast reads, however I haven't started Creating Magic, I told Erich that he should read them, as it would give him a really good idea of what Disney is looking for, and their philosophy.

http://thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3138000

How the heck did I miss this article???! Hopefully Erich gets the offer! I keep reminding my kids (now 7 & 9) that they should work at Disney World one day. I should start chanting in their rooms after they're asleep "I must work at Disney World, I must work at Disney World":rotfl2:

T REX looks yummy! We were going to try it this time around, but never made it. Hopefully next trip!

Moira222
06-02-2011, 12:18 PM
May 11th continued

When we arrived we saw that the restaurant was pretty empty and they were able to seat us without a problem. We got a nice circular booth in the room that has the meteor shower.

UGH! I HATED the meteor room. For that room alone I will not go back there --when the lighting changed red, so did my temper....

but the food looks soo yummy.I remembered the menu being about the same as Rainforest Cafe, but I guess my memory is faulty because I didn't see any of those dishes on the RC menu (though 2 years have gone buy since we ate at TRex)

I agree, the chicken they used was really good.

:laughing: Yes, the parking lot was deserted and we weren't parked by anybody else otherwise I would have gone and changed in a bathroom. I didn't want to be hauling my jeans and top around the rest of the time we were there so I figured the car was easier. I'm pretty talented at changing in car so even if somebody had walked by there was no way they could have seen anything. ;)[/QUOTE]
LOL I used to be really good at changing in the car (now there is more of me to hide so it is a bit more challenging!:rotfl:

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Not sure I'm into the themeing, but the menu seems awesome! I think I would love the chicken. Its seems just like rainforest cafe except with dinos.
Food is really good, theme can be a bit annoying.

I do believe it is the same company as RC so that probably explains the similarities.

Yeah, another Disser in Kingston, I don't feel so alone :hug: If you ever hear someone yell "Is that you, Lifelong Dreamer?" you'll know it's just me;)

:laughing:

How the heck did I miss this article???! Hopefully Erich gets the offer! I keep reminding my kids (now 7 & 9) that they should work at Disney World one day. I should start chanting in their rooms after they're asleep "I must work at Disney World, I must work at Disney World":rotfl2:

Well it is a Whig article so don't count on the information being 100% accurate. :rolleyes1 I really dislike the Whig, can you tell?:laughing:

T REX looks yummy! We were going to try it this time around, but never made it. Hopefully next trip!

It is a fun place and the food was good, pricey, but good.

UGH! I HATED the meteor room. For that room alone I will not go back there --when the lighting changed red, so did my temper....

but the food looks soo yummy.I remembered the menu being about the same as Rainforest Cafe, but I guess my memory is faulty because I didn't see any of those dishes on the RC menu (though 2 years have gone buy since we ate at TRex)

Was it the noise you didn't like?

CandleontheWater
06-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Glad they were able to seat you early! We dined at T-Rex the week it opened and it was mobbed! It is really neat on the inside, I love the way it is decorated.

We sat in the meteor room too, and found it to be insanely loud. Since you guys didn't find it to be too bad, maybe they've turned down the sound a little. I think that would have been a smart move, since I literally could not hear the person next to met, let along across the table.

Since I have a little boy, I'm thinking that T-Rex will be on our dining list again in the not-too-distant future, I'm glad to hear that the food is still good. :thumbsup2

GeminiAngel
06-02-2011, 01:10 PM
We sat in the meteor room too, and found it to be insanely loud.

Yeah, well so are her brothers. Probably louder. :rotfl::rotfl:

lovethattink
06-02-2011, 01:15 PM
I agree with you about CSR's location. It's just a straight shot up to so many places! We stayed at ASMo in December and CSR in March. While ASMo is further down the road than CSR, it felt like an eternity til we passed CSR, then All Star Sports, All Star Music and finally got to ASMo.

Ah, so that was you changing in the car... just joking. You are braver than me!

We ate at T-Rex once. We loved our food as well. I tried the Mahi, after seeing your pictures, I wouldn't mind trying any of the dishes you all got. How was their guacamole? I love their presentation of the chocolate extinction!! That was a huge slice of pie too!

As for the meteor shower, I don't think it makes that much difference in day light or evening lighting. We weren't all that impressed with it. The food, we were very impressed with!! To go back again, it would be for the food!

jenbear123
06-02-2011, 01:24 PM
The food looks delicous at T-rex. It reminds me too much of Rainforest Cafe though. Was the meteor shower as loud/disturbing as people say it is? I had to laugh at you changing in the car :laughing: I thought I was the only one who did that!

All7OfUs
06-02-2011, 01:41 PM
May 11th continued

This crystal was next to the men's washroom...

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0344.jpg

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Ummm.. I think this was no accident....

dtr_angel
06-02-2011, 02:03 PM
great updates so far! I've never eaten at T-Rex but I really want to, your quesadillas looked yummy! Does the Meteor shower/restaurant in general remind you of the Dinosaur ride at AK? I don't know why, but I really like that ride.

I'm also really interested to read about how you like CSR (this was your first stay, correct?) I guess because we were at AKL, which is close we passed it a lot and I kept thinking it seemed so close to just about everywhere we were going on the bus. I don't really know anything about it, all I seem to remember reading is that it was a spread out resort.

Lidian
06-02-2011, 02:54 PM
I would like to try T-Rex ... but DS is terrified of everything. We ate at RFC in 2009 and he hid under the table the entire meal - crying. He's terrified of toy dinosaurs at the toy store ... so I figured the whole place would put him in a panic. :sad2: I did laugh when he pointed to it at DTD and said he wanted to go in there. I didn't dare, though.

I keep reminding my kids (now 7 & 9) that they should work at Disney World one day. I should start chanting in their rooms after they're asleep "I must work at Disney World, I must work at Disney World":rotfl2:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'll totally jump on this bandwagon. :thumbsup2 I can handle setting up a CD that plays "must work at WDW" phrases all night while they sleep.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Glad they were able to seat you early! We dined at T-Rex the week it opened and it was mobbed! It is really neat on the inside, I love the way it is decorated.

We sat in the meteor room too, and found it to be insanely loud. Since you guys didn't find it to be too bad, maybe they've turned down the sound a little. I think that would have been a smart move, since I literally could not hear the person next to met, let along across the table.

Since I have a little boy, I'm thinking that T-Rex will be on our dining list again in the not-too-distant future, I'm glad to hear that the food is still good. :thumbsup2

It was loud but I didn't find it to be deafening, then again, we were chowing down and not talking. ;)

Yeah, well so are her brothers. Probably louder. :rotfl::rotfl:

:lmao: That reminds me, when Erich was getting his picture taken getting eaten by the dinosaur a little boy saw and wanted his picture done like that as well. Such bad influences! :rotfl:

I agree with you about CSR's location. It's just a straight shot up to so many places! We stayed at ASMo in December and CSR in March. While ASMo is further down the road than CSR, it felt like an eternity til we passed CSR, then All Star Sports, All Star Music and finally got to ASMo.

Ah, so that was you changing in the car... just joking. You are braver than me!

We ate at T-Rex once. We loved our food as well. I tried the Mahi, after seeing your pictures, I wouldn't mind trying any of the dishes you all got. How was their guacamole? I love their presentation of the chocolate extinction!! That was a huge slice of pie too!

As for the meteor shower, I don't think it makes that much difference in day light or evening lighting. We weren't all that impressed with it. The food, we were very impressed with!! To go back again, it would be for the food!

I actually didn't east the guacamole, weird I know, but I am a plain jane kinda girl when it comes to my food.

The food looks delicous at T-rex. It reminds me too much of Rainforest Cafe though. Was the meteor shower as loud/disturbing as people say it is? I had to laugh at you changing in the car :laughing: I thought I was the only one who did that!

Nope, wasn't too bad, it was pretty short and didn't bother us.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Ummm.. I think this was no accident....

:lmao:

great updates so far! I've never eaten at T-Rex but I really want to, your quesadillas looked yummy! Does the Meteor shower/restaurant in general remind you of the Dinosaur ride at AK? I don't know why, but I really like that ride.

I'm also really interested to read about how you like CSR (this was your first stay, correct?) I guess because we were at AKL, which is close we passed it a lot and I kept thinking it seemed so close to just about everywhere we were going on the bus. I don't really know anything about it, all I seem to remember reading is that it was a spread out resort.

Yes, it was our first time at CSR. It is spread out but it is not that bad. We walked around the resort completely a few times. I have seen a map that shows the "jogging" path which wraps around the whole resort. The "long" route is one mile long and the short is .75 miles. From the building we were in it was only a few minutes to the main pool and the main building. We went to the pool almost every day, the main building not so much. If you ever stay there and plan on eating at the resort you would probably want to avoid the Ranchos since that section is the furthest out.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-02-2011, 02:58 PM
I would like to try T-Rex ... but DS is terrified of everything. We ate at RFC in 2009 and he hid under the table the entire meal - crying. He's terrified of toy dinosaurs at the toy store ... so I figured the whole place would put him in a panic. :sad2: I did laugh when he pointed to it at DTD and said he wanted to go in there. I didn't dare, though.

Alek used to be terrified of the characters when he was little, he grew out of it. Our first trip to Disneyland a long long time ago Mom had to take me to the park alone on the second day because Alek was pitching fits every time a character was seen, or so I have been told. :rotfl:

emmaca
06-02-2011, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE=crazyfordisney2000;41334819] How the heck did I miss this article???! Hopefully Erich gets the offer! I keep reminding my kids (now 7 & 9) that they should work at Disney World one day. I should start chanting in their rooms after they're asleep "I must work at Disney World, I must work at Disney World":rotfl2:QUOTE]

LOL, I know, Erich has pretty much told us that he DOESN'T want any of us to come down and visit if he should get picked for thte internship... I guess he thinks we will destroy his dream of doing Disney alone and his way LOL. I don't know... I'm pretty quiet and sneaky.

YukiPhnx
06-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Lessa: Great update and pictures!!! I watched some of your videos, I really like them!!

Wow....I'll have to put T-Rex on my list too then. The inside looks so cool and I see that they have info about the dinos you can read too.

That crystal...kind of looks like a urinal...

Mmmm, I love a good lasagna. Glad to hear Alek and Erich liked their chicken. Hmmm, waffle fries, eh? In Waterloo, they're spicy tracks!

I had no idea how central CSR was to everything! I'll have to consider that place for one of my trips...

Beth: I've still yet to try Olive Garden, but can't wait to! I'll have to give the lasagna a try.

Tiramiso? Where did you get that drink?

It's too easy to spend lots of money at Basin....

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-02-2011, 03:53 PM
That crystal...kind of looks like a urinal...

That is definitely not what crossed my mind when I saw it. :lmao:

I had no idea how central CSR was to everything! I'll have to consider that place for one of my trips...

I would recommend it.

AKL LOVER
06-02-2011, 07:59 PM
YIKES! I thought I subbed to your TR, but guess I didn't. I did enjoy getting to read 3 updates in a row tonight though. Your brother cracks me up. Seriously. I was laughing out loud as I was reading his update. I laughed so much, DH was giving me weird looks. :rolleyes:

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-02-2011, 09:03 PM
YIKES! I thought I subbed to your TR, but guess I didn't. I did enjoy getting to read 3 updates in a row tonight though. Your brother cracks me up. Seriously. I was laughing out loud as I was reading his update. I laughed so much, DH was giving me weird looks. :rolleyes:

:laughing: I will admit that as annoying as my brothers can be they do have a really good sense of humour. I either end up yelling at them or laughing until I cry and can't breathe.

Mysteria
06-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Lovin' the report. Always makes me feel like I was there with you!

So your mom was ravished in a place with that statue thing huh?! :scared1::lmao:

My one time at T-Rex we were in the Ice Room. I liked it.

mnmrmustard
06-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Hey there Lessa, I saw you pimping your TR on Marsha’s and had to stop by. Feel no obligation to check out mine, wink-wink, nudge-nudge - I was there a month before you guys with my wife for a suprise B-Day trip ;)

I know those early mornings, we got a glorious 4hrs sleep before our 3:30am wake-up! Still a better choice to take the early flight though. Bummer that Erich’s laptop died right before the trip. I take so many pics that I have to dump them on the laptop, then burn the overload onto DVDs.

Glad you had people set up to take care of your pets, that is so important. Weird about those construction workers at the border. Gotta love those hassles going through airport security. And funny about the bird in the terminal. Cool that you got in early, got some good Disney mojo going already :woohoo:

Given the heat I can’t blame Erich for using swim trunks as shorts. We also had record “July-like” temps when we were there in mid-April. Go figure. Wow, baggage, car …free upgrade to SUV included, and on the road by 10:30am??? Y’all were rockin’ it!

Easy drive in despite the evil toll booth, looked like a beautiful sun-shiney day for sure. Glad you got a room in the section you wanted.

All hail the Fluffy Puppy of Poopiness, long may he reign! :thumbsup2

That is a very disturbing concept with Simba and Nala …one I will not repeat around my younger daughter and her new Nala stuffy from our trip ;-D

Way to stick to your ‘shrinkage’ guns with the swim trunks

Thank you for correcting all of those mistakes …I had frankly wondered about the bird and how she was just sitting back reading – lol

Lunch at T-Rex looked like fun. I had heard good things about it but hadn’t been inside. Certainly tops Rainforest for theming. Food looked good too.

I look forward to the next installment! :goodvibes

wdwgirl03
06-03-2011, 07:07 AM
Great start! The T-Rex Cafe looks awesome. I have to eat there one of these days. We've done the Rainforest Cafe and enjoyed it so I'm sure we'd like T-Rex too. The video of the meteor shower was cool!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-03-2011, 07:40 AM
So your mom was ravished in a place with that statue thing huh?! :scared1::lmao:

:lmao: Poor Mom, I think she liked it though as she would be happy to return. ;)

Hey there Lessa, I saw you pimping your TR on Marsha’s and had to stop by. Feel no obligation to check out mine, wink-wink, nudge-nudge - I was there a month before you guys with my wife for a suprise B-Day trip ;)

Hmmm, I just may do that. ;)

All kidding aside I am look for good reports to read. Anybody else have a report going that I am not reading yet? Let me know!

I know those early mornings, we got a glorious 4hrs sleep before our 3:30am wake-up! Still a better choice to take the early flight though. Bummer that Erich’s laptop died right before the trip. I take so many pics that I have to dump them on the laptop, then burn the overload onto DVDs.

We ended up with 26GB of pictures and video, we still had one 4 GB card free when we left. I wonder how many pictures we would have ended up with if we had not been "conservative" with our photo taking. ;)

Glad you had people set up to take care of your pets, that is so important. Weird about those construction workers at the border. Gotta love those hassles going through airport security. And funny about the bird in the terminal. Cool that you got in early, got some good Disney mojo going already :woohoo:

We did have good mojo, it continued for some time. ;)

Given the heat I can’t blame Erich for using swim trunks as shorts. We also had record “July-like” temps when we were there in mid-April. Go figure. Wow, baggage, car …free upgrade to SUV included, and on the road by 10:30am??? Y’all were rockin’ it!

I know! I couldn't believe what good time we were making.

All hail the Fluffy Puppy of Poopiness, long may he reign! :thumbsup2

We get to see Marcus in just two months! I wonder what he will be defending us from this year?

That is a very disturbing concept with Simba and Nala …one I will not repeat around my younger daughter and her new Nala stuffy from our trip ;-D

Lunch at T-Rex looked like fun. I had heard good things about it but hadn’t been inside. Certainly tops Rainforest for theming. Food looked good too.

I agree, while the two have similarities, I prefer T-Rex to Rainforest.

Great start! The T-Rex Cafe looks awesome. I have to eat there one of these days. We've done the Rainforest Cafe and enjoyed it so I'm sure we'd like T-Rex too. The video of the meteor shower was cool!

I think you should definitely try it out. Go for lunch instead of dinner if you want to avoid the crowds. :thumbsup2

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-03-2011, 07:44 AM
The Canadians on the board probably already know this but as of today we have a postal strike! While I respect people's rights to fair wages etc. I will be very upset if this delays my photopass cd and photobook! :guilty: It is a roaming strike so only one city/province will strike at a time so HOPEFULLY it won't have too big an impact. I just hope it gets resolved quickly for the sakes of all involved.

DWGal210
06-03-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi! New reader! :) I'm all caught up. Great trip!! Sounds like you guys had a great start!

- Katie

NancyLuvsMickey
06-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Love this TR!!! :thumbsup2 And your brothers crack me up!!! :rotfl2:

In my "free time" I went and read your TR ~The Sea Witch Stole My Voice! Our Two Week Land and Sea Adventure! ~ Totally loved it!!! :love:

I'm going to make sure I find more "free time" to read your other TR's... popcorn::

Thanks for sharing your Disney magic with me!!! :wizard:

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi! New reader! :) I'm all caught up. Great trip!! Sounds like you guys had a great start!

- Katie
Hi Katie, thanks for coming over to read!

Love this TR!!! :thumbsup2 And your brothers crack me up!!! :rotfl2:

In my "free time" I went and read your TR ~The Sea Witch Stole My Voice! Our Two Week Land and Sea Adventure! ~ Totally loved it!!! :love:

I'm going to make sure I find more "free time" to read your other TR's... popcorn::

Thanks for sharing your Disney magic with me!!! :wizard:

Hi there! Wow! How long did it take you to read that? :laughing: I'm glad you enjoyed it, it was a wonderful trip and I loved writing the report. I hope you like my other reports as well. :goodvibes

PlutosRHM55
06-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Joining in!

Great TR so far! I have to agree on the worst thing about Disney trips is leaving your pets at home. I think that was the only thing about home I was thinking about throughout my entire first trip and second trip as well. Though on my second trip, I getting reminders from the texts from my mom and sisters who were at home. Ugghh... And the food at T-Rex looks so good, especially the chocolate extinction! YUM! Can't wait to read more, update soon! :mickeyjum

emma212010
06-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Sounds fun!! I'm in! :goodvibes

Marshay
06-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Hey, I'm finally all caught up!

Loving the report.

To go back a bit: (1) too funny about Erich's little notebook of conversations.

(2) guess the construction workers didn't like your bumper stickers?? :rotfl2:

(3) I hope Erich does try for the disney internship! My niece did the college program there for one semester. She loved it. Definitely gave her a different perspective of Disney. They even offered her a FT job...but she was all idealistic and wanted a job in her field. Sheesh!

(4) We stayed at Coronado Springs- Castitas before, too. It was nice and that resort is great to walk around...not so great for the Disney mug free refills...a bit far to make it worthwhile.

(5) Erich-- Please, I agree with PP ... you have to change your font if you'd like us to read it easier (here is me putting on my glasses...and I don't wear them! :cool2:)

(6) I think we will try T-Rex next time, based on your recomendation. We went into the gift shop before and my girls had a blast. those jellyfish lights were cool!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Joining in!

Great TR so far! I have to agree on the worst thing about Disney trips is leaving your pets at home. I think that was the only thing about home I was thinking about throughout my entire first trip and second trip as well. Though on my second trip, I getting reminders from the texts from my mom and sisters who were at home.

Awww.... I had pictures of our cats on one of our memory cards so every time we plugged the camera into the tv there they were!

Sounds fun!! I'm in! :goodvibes

Welcome!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-03-2011, 11:32 PM
(3) I hope Erich does try for the disney internship! My niece did the college program there for one semester. She loved it. Definitely gave her a different perspective of Disney. They even offered her a FT job...but she was all idealistic and wanted a job in her field. Sheesh!

Mom pretty much already has him packed to go and he hasn't even applied yet. :lmao:

(4) We stayed at Coronado Springs- Castitas before, too. It was nice and that resort is great to walk around...not so great for the Disney mug free refills...a bit far to make it worthwhile.

I got one because I liked the new design. I think we filled it up enough for it to "even out" mostly because I would take it to the pool with me and you can get it filled at the pool bar.

(5) Erich-- Please, I agree with PP ... you have to change your font if you'd like us to read it easier (here is me putting on my glasses...and I don't wear them! :cool2:)

I have passed on the message, we will see if he remembers. :rolleyes:

(6) I think we will try T-Rex next time, based on your recomendation. We went into the gift shop before and my girls had a blast. those jellyfish lights were cool!

The whole place was pretty neat, especially if your girls are into dinosaurs.

mom3sonstt
06-04-2011, 12:24 AM
Wow you are off to a roaring start here - 11 pages already!!

TRex looks like fun - but unfortunately, my bunch think they are too old for a "dinosaur restaurant" :sad2: I think they could use a dose or two of your brothers' sense of humor! :thumbsup2

I havent had cats since I was little, and they were mostly outdoor cats (well, strays that I "adopted" that hung around when they felt like it), but some friends of ours have two. Whenever the husband gets out his suitcase the younger cat sits on it or in it while he is getting ready, and then frets the whole time he is gone. They were told by their vet to leave out an article of clothing when he leaves so the cat can still smell him. He's started doing that and the cat seems to cope better.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-04-2011, 07:28 AM
TRex looks like fun - but unfortunately, my bunch think they are too old for a "dinosaur restaurant" :sad2: I think they could use a dose or two of your brothers' sense of humor! :thumbsup2

That's too bad, it is good to have a little "childish" fun, it is also good to act like a "grown-up" as well, something we could all work on at times. :laughing:

I havent had cats since I was little, and they were mostly outdoor cats (well, strays that I "adopted" that hung around when they felt like it), but some friends of ours have two. Whenever the husband gets out his suitcase the younger cat sits on it or in it while he is getting ready, and then frets the whole time he is gone. They were told by their vet to leave out an article of clothing when he leaves so the cat can still smell him. He's started doing that and the cat seems to cope better.

That's good advise. Erich left his bedroom door open so the cats could go in there if they felt like it and with the neighbour coming over to spoil them all the time I bet they barely noticed we were gone. :laughing:

emmaca
06-04-2011, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=YukiPhnx;41337289
Tiramiso? Where did you get that drink?

Hi Yuki, sorry it took me awhile to respond back, I got the Tiramisu drink at the Olive Garden, when I got home I looked up the recipe, I had hoped to get to the LCBO today to buy some Tuaca liqueur, (Tuaca liqueur is vanilla citrus liqueur) but I never got around to it. There is an Olive Garden in Watertown now, I am so excited, I see us going to the Olive Garden instead of TGIF when we cross the border to go shopping, a bit far to go just for dinner (1 hour drive + customs)

Olive Garden® Frozen Tiramisu

Espresso Syrup
1/4 cup hot espresso
1/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 ounce Tuaca liqueur
3/4 ounce Kahlua liqueur
1 cup vanilla ice cream
1 cup ice

Garnish
whipped cream
cocoa

Espresso Syrup:
Mix hot espresso with sugar, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Cool syrup.

To make the drink:
Combine 1/2 ounce of express syrup in a blender with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.

Serve in a tall glass with whipped cream on top. Using a small strainer sprinkle cocoa on top.

It's too easy to spend lots of money at Basin....[/QUOTE]

I LOVE the basin, I easily dropped a few $$$ there, as I had to stock up for a few years ( no trips planned for some years ahead:sad:, aside from soap at the Basin I also bought soap at one of the shops in France while visiting Epcot. I had the best scented luggage coming home

PirateKate
06-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has wondered about Simba and Nala being related. :lmao:

T-Rex looks really cool. It does seem similar to the Rainforest Cafe, but I've always liked the Rainforest Cafe, so that'll work for me.

pooh'smate
06-04-2011, 05:36 PM
All caught up. I think the next time we go down to Kansas City we will go to TRex. I think Lexi would love it. Her love of dinosaurs out ways her dislike of loud noises.:laughing:

By the way my dh's aunt and uncle live in Kingston.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has wondered about Simba and Nala being related. :lmao:

Who knew that Disney would promote incest, not so family friendly anymore! :eek:

All caught up. I think the next time we go down to Kansas City we will go to TRex. I think Lexi would love it. Her love of dinosaurs out ways her dislike of loud noises.:laughing:

By the way my dh's aunt and uncle live in Kingston.

It really is a small world!

pooh'smate
06-04-2011, 09:53 PM
It really is a small world!

Yes, dh's family is from New York but the aunt (the one in Kingston) married a Canadian and that is where they live. Some famous hockey player's parents live in the same cul-de-sac as his aunt and uncle.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Yes, dh's family is from New York but the aunt (the one in Kingston) married a Canadian and that is where they live. Some famous hockey player's parents live in the same cul-de-sac as his aunt and uncle.

Very cool, I know there are a few from here.

marvali
06-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Hi Lessa! Sorry I am late to the party. :guilty: Glad you left me that link so I could eventually find you! Subbing for now. Will have to come back later and get all caught up since this TR is already zooming along..... :scared1:

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi Lessa! Sorry I am late to the party. :guilty: Glad you left me that link so I could eventually find you! Subbing for now. Will have to come back later and get all caught up since this TR is already zooming along..... :scared1:

Don't worry, you haven't missed much, only done two updates so far, we haven't even got to the hotel room yet. ;)

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-05-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm stuck at work and it is dead here so I think I am going to do a bonus weekend update!

debsters41
06-05-2011, 11:59 AM
:banana:I'm stuck at work and it is dead here so I think I am going to do a bonus weekend update!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::dance3:

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-05-2011, 12:31 PM
May 11th continued

When I last left you we had just finished lunch at the T-Rex restaurant.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0368.jpg

Alek and Erich were looking around in the store debating which t-shirt was the most awesome so I wandered outside to enjoy the sun and to snap a few pictures. I was immediately drawn in by the new Lego displays, they were amazing!

Now, since I am unable to edit myself I will show you the bazillion pictures that I took. ;)

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0371.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0372.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0373.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0374.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0375.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0376.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0377.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0378.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0379.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0380.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0381.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0382.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0383.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0384.jpg

Alek and Erich were done their t-shirt buying at T-Rex by the time I finished taking a picture of every square inch of the Snow White Lego display so we made our way into the new expanded Lego store. Growing up all three of us were big Lego fans, we spent hours attempting to build our own version of Guardia Castle out of Lego. Cool points to you if you get the reference.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0385.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0386.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0387.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0388.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0389.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0390.jpg

Outside the store on the World of Disney side there were even MORE new Lego sculptures.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0391.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0392.jpg

Being the immature adults that we are we had a giggle at this one.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0393.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-05-2011, 12:36 PM
We were all pretty impressed by this Sleeping Beauty display. It was enormous!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0394.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0395.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0396.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0397.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0398.jpg

After gawking at it for a few minutes it was starting to get warm so we headed into the air conditioning provided by The World of Disney but not before Alek got fresh with Aurora.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0402.jpg

We weren't intending on buying anything this day, just looking around to see what was new. I try not to buy too much at the start of the vacation as I don't want all my money to be gone on the first day and then come upon something I like even more later in the trip. I always just take a picture of something I like so that I remember what it is and where I saw it. There were two things I knew I was looking for on the trip. The first was a Disney Dooney and Bourke bag. I love Dooney and Bourke and already have a few of their non-Disney bags and I fell in love with the Sketch purse that came out about a year and a bit ago so I was keeping my eyes open for that. The second item was a gift for a co-worker who is expecting. At the time of the trip she didn't know the gender of the baby so I was looking for a present that would be good for a boy or a girl. I had no idea that would be so difficult!

The first room I wandered into was the baby room. There was so much cute stuff there but it was all pretty much gender specific. I did see a really cute stuffed Pluto that I figured I could get her if I didn't find anything better.

Mom and I just wandered the store after that.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0404.jpg

Mom had to try on this hat as she was missing her sororities' Mad Tea Party due to the vacation.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0405.jpg

I thought that this shirt suited me.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0408.jpg

;)

I LOVE this!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0410.jpg

Unfortunately I have no way to get it home. Can't carry it on the plane as it is a "liquid" and can't put it in the luggage as it is too heavy and fragile and there isn't room for it. When we got home I found out that you can actually buy it on the Disney Store website so it is going on my Birthday/Christmas list.

I did find the Dooney and Bourke section and checked out all my options, I did not buy one though, I was going to wait until the end of the trip.

After that we met up with Alek and Erich and made our way to Basin, Mom's favourite store!

I just love all the pretty soaps there so naturally I took pictures!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0412.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0413.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0414.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0415.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0417.jpg

Alek, Erich and I waited outside while Mom dropped a ton of money in that store. I think she was having a hard time not buying everything in the store.

Next was the crystal shop where I saw a few items I wouldn't mind owning.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0419.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0422.jpg

I think we had made our way into Tren-D when the phone started to buzz, our room was ready! The time was 1:32. As soon as that text came in we were on our way back to the car.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0423.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0424.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0425.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0426.jpg

Click to continue

mom3sonstt
06-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Those Lego sculptures are amazing...I can see why you took so many pictures. I haven't been over to that part of DD in a couple years or more. I'll have to make sure to get over this trip.

KatMark
06-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Wow, those Lego sculptures are spectacular (can't wait to see them in September). I too have found it hard to find anything "gender" specific when it comes to baby items. Thankfully, a good friend here on the DIS knows they are having a boy so I can shop the appropriate gender.

Your pictures are great.

Can't wait to see your pictures of CSR.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Those Lego sculptures are amazing...I can see why you took so many pictures. I haven't been over to that part of DD in a couple years or more. I'll have to make sure to get over this trip.

I thought they were really neat, I can't imagine putting those things together. I wonder if they have a crew of people do it by hand or if there is a machine that does it?

Wow, those Lego sculptures are spectacular (can't wait to see them in September). I too have found it hard to find anything "gender" specific when it comes to baby items. Thankfully, a good friend here on the DIS knows they are having a boy so I can shop the appropriate gender.

Your pictures are great.

Can't wait to see your pictures of CSR.

Of course, she found out the gender the day we got back. :headache: She is having a girl, there is so much cute stuff I could have bought!

jenbear123
06-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Yay your room is ready :banana: Amazing lego sculptures. I hope they plan to keep them permanently there for a while. I would hope so considering how much time would take to set them up.

wdwgirl03
06-05-2011, 04:39 PM
I love those new Lego displays! So cute.

PlutosRHM55
06-05-2011, 04:43 PM
The Lego Sculptures are just amazing! I especially love the Sleeping Beauty one. Disney has gotten Maleficent's dragon perfect every time they make it. And you can't get enough of the Sea Dragon, I think I took the most pictures of that when I was last down there. :teeth: The little crystal creations at the Crystal shop aren't bad either. This was definitely a time of pictures and now we're going to see your room the next chapter (: Can't wait to read more, update ASAP! :mickeyjum

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Yay your room is ready :banana: Amazing lego sculptures. I hope they plan to keep them permanently there for a while. I would hope so considering how much time would take to set them up.

I imagine they are there to stay, for a few years at least.

I love those new Lego displays! So cute.

I agree! ;)

The Lego Sculptures are just amazing! I especially love the Sleeping Beauty one. Disney has gotten Maleficent's dragon perfect every time they make it. And you can't get enough of the Sea Dragon, I think I took the most pictures of that when I was last down there. :teeth: The little crystal creations at the Crystal shop aren't bad either. This was definitely a time of pictures and now we're going to see your room the next chapter (: Can't wait to read more, update ASAP! :mickeyjum

It was our favourite too. Don't worry, pretty much all of my updates will be crammed with pictures. ;)

Update coming tomorrow evening!

GeminiAngel
06-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Love the Lego Displays! Very talented people.
Alek looks like he lost weight.

Kevin bought me the Sketch large tote for christmas. I hope you end up getting it later in the report!

And I just got the disneyland 55th anniversary print messenger bag at the main street emporium, back in april.

pooh'smate
06-05-2011, 06:02 PM
I love all the new Lego sculptures. I can't wait to see them in person one day.

caitty13
06-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Did you see the Minnie bow Dooney and Bourke at Tren-D? My mom picked up the white one with red bows. I thought it was really cute and I didn't see it any where else.

kaysmommie
06-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Hi Lessa,
I just started reading your trip report. Love your pics so far. now going back to get caught up :goodvibes Just wanted to make sure I subscribed.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Love the Lego Displays! Very talented people.
Alek looks like he lost weight.

Kevin bought me the Sketch large tote for christmas. I hope you end up getting it later in the report!

And I just got the disneyland 55th anniversary print messenger bag at the main street emporium, back in april.

He has been thinning over the years, losing his childhood pudginess. We were laughing that he looked practically emaciated in some of the pictures.

I love all the new Lego sculptures. I can't wait to see them in person one day.

They are all awesome! I am always impressed with what you can build with Lego.

Did you see the Minnie bow Dooney and Bourke at Tren-D? My mom picked up the white one with red bows. I thought it was really cute and I didn't see it any where else.

I did see them but not until the end of the trip, the only place they sell them right now I believe is Tren-D, I visited every other shop that sells the Dooneys and didn't see them.
Hi Lessa,
I just started reading your trip report. Love your pics so far. now going back to get caught up :goodvibes Just wanted to make sure I subscribed.

Hey Nichole!

beebeeryan
06-06-2011, 06:42 AM
WOW those Lego sculptures are incredible, I was thinking of skipping DTD this next trip if we could, just hate getting there, but I think we have to go see those!

lovethattink
06-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Great Lego pics!

Your brother cracks me up!

I love that Grumpy shirt!

pinkxray
06-06-2011, 08:10 AM
The lego displays were awesome!

Too bad you didn't know the gender of the baby you were shopping for. You would have had no problem finding something for a little girl. Although you might have had a problem narrowing it down. It is sad that they don't have much that can be used for either gender.

I love that snow globe! I don't even look at snowglobes when I am there b/c I will want them all.

CandleontheWater
06-06-2011, 08:15 AM
I agree that the new lego displays are awesome, and you got such wonderful pictures of them!

I love Basin too, but I never seem to buy anything there. I guess I can't justify buying those lovely soaps, just to get them home and never use them because I think they are so pretty!

I hope you ended up with a Disney dooney by the end of your trip! I have the sketch tote and I picked up a 40th letter carrier on my last trip. Next up I'm thinking about the balloon print. They are all so cute, it makes it really tough to choose!

UGAFan0829
06-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Wooohooo! I'm finally here, Lessa!!! Thanks so much for sending me the link...you know I wouldn't want to miss this! :thumbsup2 I'm so excited to be reading!

I love that y'all stayed at CSR, and I can't wait to hear how it was. That's one of the resorts on my "want to stay at" list, so I hope you liked it!!

I really hope that you ended up with a new Dooney & Bourke...I know you've been wanting one for a long time, so I'll be looking forward to finding that out!

And I'm SO glad to know that you had warm sunny weather this time around! You definitely deserved it!!

Gawrsh, I just can't wait for more!!:woohoo:

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-06-2011, 08:30 AM
WOW those Lego sculptures are incredible, I was thinking of skipping DTD this next trip if we could, just hate getting there, but I think we have to go see those!

I always enjoy a trip to Downtown Disney, even if I don't end up buying anything, it is fun just to walk around and people watch and check out all the merchandise.

Great Lego pics!

Your brother cracks me up!

I love that Grumpy shirt!

I wish I had bought the shirt now, I could have used it for sleeping in or for exercise. I didn't buy it though as I don't tend to wear t-shirts too often.

The lego displays were awesome!

Too bad you didn't know the gender of the baby you were shopping for. You would have had no problem finding something for a little girl. Although you might have had a problem narrowing it down. It is sad that they don't have much that can be used for either gender.

I love that snow globe! I don't even look at snowglobes when I am there b/c I will want them all.

I know, I saw so much cute baby girl stuff! I was tempted to get something for a girl and something for a boy and whatever I didn't use for my co-workers gift I could have used somewhere down the line.

I agree that the new lego displays are awesome, and you got such wonderful pictures of them!

I love Basin too, but I never seem to buy anything there. I guess I can't justify buying those lovely soaps, just to get them home and never use them because I think they are so pretty!

I hope you ended up with a Disney dooney by the end of your trip! I have the sketch tote and I picked up a 40th letter carrier on my last trip. Next up I'm thinking about the balloon print. They are all so cute, it makes it really tough to choose!

I just love the smell of the Basin soaps. Mom likes to buy the grab bags that are only like $5, only problem there is you don't get a choice of soaps you just get what is in the bag.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Wooohooo! I'm finally here, Lessa!!! Thanks so much for sending me the link...you know I wouldn't want to miss this! :thumbsup2 I'm so excited to be reading!

I love that y'all stayed at CSR, and I can't wait to hear how it was. That's one of the resorts on my "want to stay at" list, so I hope you liked it!!

I really hope that you ended up with a new Dooney & Bourke...I know you've been wanting one for a long time, so I'll be looking forward to finding that out!

And I'm SO glad to know that you had warm sunny weather this time around! You definitely deserved it!!

Gawrsh, I just can't wait for more!!:woohoo:

I was so happy with the weather, leading up to the trip I was so nervous and it was all for nothing as it was beautiful!

The Dooney bags, I think I went and looked at one almost every day of the trip. Every time I saw a store that sold them I had to go in and look and contemplate my choices. :laughing:

GeminiAngel
06-06-2011, 08:53 AM
He has been thinning over the years, losing his childhood pudginess. We were laughing that he looked practically emaciated in some of the pictures.

:lmao::lmao: Can't wait to read more!

Lesprivate
06-06-2011, 10:25 AM
I followed over from your pretrip, too bad we didn't bump into each other :sad2:

Chaitali
06-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi, Just caught up with the posts so far. I love the close up lego shots, they're really great! I can't wait to hear more about your trip and hope it went well :)

DWGal210
06-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Wowza - those Legos are INCREDIBLE!! So cool! I'm going to DTD in July with 2 15 year old boys....I think LOTS of time will be spent there!!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-06-2011, 11:20 AM
I followed over from your pretrip, too bad we didn't bump into each other :sad2:

It is too bad! I kept my eyes open for Disers but didn't see anybody. :sad2:

Hi, Just caught up with the posts so far. I love the close up lego shots, they're really great! I can't wait to hear more about your trip and hope it went well :)

Hey there! I'm glad you liked the pictures, I had fun taking them.

Wowza - those Legos are INCREDIBLE!! So cool! I'm going to DTD in July with 2 15 year old boys....I think LOTS of time will be spent there!!

If they are into Lego I am sure they will love it. :thumbsup2

AKL LOVER
06-06-2011, 04:36 PM
We never spend much time at DD. In fact, we have skipped it the past 3 trips. Maybe if they built a pool in the middle of DD I could convince my family to go. ;) I've never been sorry to miss it before but I am this year because those lego sculptures are amazing. End of story. I wonder how many legos it takes to make them? And exactly HOW long does it take to put them all together?? :eek:

Thanks for sharing the pics since we didn't get to see them ourselves.

Native NYer
06-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Those lego displays are AMAZING!
I am just like you. I love to look around the shops, but wait until later in the trip to actually make purchases.
Yay for your room being ready!

mnmrmustard
06-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Insert "amazing lego sculptures" comment here :thumbsup2

I was bummed that when we went in April all of this was still stashed behind the walls of the construction area of the new store. Thank you very much for overindulging in picture taking of all of it, I appreciate it :goodvibes

Nice that the room was ready that early - score! :)

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-06-2011, 05:46 PM
We never spend much time at DD. In fact, we have skipped it the past 3 trips. Maybe if they built a pool in the middle of DD I could convince my family to go. ;) I've never been sorry to miss it before but I am this year because those lego sculptures are amazing. End of story. I wonder how many legos it takes to make them? And exactly HOW long does it take to put them all together?? :eek:

Thanks for sharing the pics since we didn't get to see them ourselves.

We have found our way there at least once every year. I find it easier to shop there than in the parks. Get it all done at once and I don't have to carry my purchases around the park. :thumbsup2

Those lego displays are AMAZING!
I am just like you. I love to look around the shops, but wait until later in the trip to actually make purchases.
Yay for your room being ready!

I love to window shop! The only thing that is bad about the shopping at Disney is that the merchandise never really changes that much. Actually, maybe that is a good thing, saves me money!

Insert "amazing lego sculptures" comment here :thumbsup2

I was bummed that when we went in April all of this was still stashed behind the walls of the construction area of the new store. Thank you very much for overindulging in picture taking of all of it, I appreciate it :goodvibes

Nice that the room was ready that early - score! :)

I was so happy that the room was ready. I just wanted to get the room all set up and get the trip to the grocery store done with so we could spend the rest of the afternoon in the pool!

mnmrmustard
06-06-2011, 06:06 PM
I was so happy that the room was ready. I just wanted to get the room all set up and get the trip to the grocery store done with so we could spend the rest of the afternoon in the pool!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-06-2011, 06:34 PM
May 11th continued

The trip back to Coronado Springs from Downtown Disney was quick and after swiping our resort card which was always a frustration for me (I can never seem to get the car close enough to reach the machine with ease) we made our way around the resort to the Casitas 5 parking lot. This was one of the few days where the Security gate at the resort was actually down, during most of the trip, due to conventions, they had the gate up which actually bothered me but I will get into that later.

The parking lot was practically empty so I got a spot up front and we unloaded the car and went in search of the elevator. It was easy enough to find and we were soon on the fourth floor. Our assigned room was 5422 which ended up being right around the corner from the elevator. I was pleasantly surprised to see that our room faced a courtyard and had a view of the lake. We had only paid for a standard room and I do believe this would have been considered a water view so we must have been upgraded! It was a great room location, right near the elevator and ice machine and had a great view. It was also close to everything we could have wanted, we were more than happy!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_3462.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of the room pictures, I was in a rush as the others were impatient to get in the room as I was making them wait out in the hall.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0428.jpg

Coronado Springs offers Queen beds which was wonderful compared to the doubles at the values and other moderate resorts although I do believe that one of the Port Orleans resorts has just upgraded to Queen beds as well.

I also liked that the bed linens were white, much easier to see if they are clean or not!

You'll note the sliding doors separating the beds from the bathroom area, very nice and great for creating privacy.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0429.jpg

Since this is a convention resort they offer a desk in the room in place of the standard table.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0430.jpg

The room offered these comfy little chairs that were easy to move about the room. I made frequent use of them.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0431.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0432.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0433.jpg

Sorry, no pictures of the bathroom, I forgot. It was a typical Disney resort bathroom and had the curving shower rod. The tub also had a nice tiled area that could be used as a seat at the end of the tub, I imagine it would be a nice feature for parents needing to bathe their children.

I was very pleased with the room. The only bad thing is that there was not much storage space but that is a problem I have with all hotel rooms. I do not imagine that they are prepared for a family of four on a two week vacation, especially a family with an overpacker (that would be me!) There was not enough drawer space so Alek ended up keeping most of his clothes in the suitcase.

The mini-fridge was not turned on when we arrived so I turned it up to its coldest setting so that it would be ready to hold our groceries.

Mom stepped out of the room to make a call to our neighbour. You will remember that she thought that Hobbes might be trapped in her bedroom and Erich also realized that he had forgotten to feed his fish so that message had to get passed on as well.

While Mom was on the phone we began to unpack so that we could put away most of the luggage.

Once the unpacking was done it was time to head off to the grocery store. It was at that time Mom and I realized that we forgot to request a microwave for the room. During my trip planning I was happy to learn that Coronado Springs offers microwaves free of charge! There are a limited number so you are not guaranteed one but no harm in asking. We planned to eat in the room often on the trip so a microwave would be nice to have. We decided that we would just pop into the main lobby on the way to the grocery store to see if one was available that way we could know what type of groceries to buy.

I took some pictures of the room view when we stepped back out of the room.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0434.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0435.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0436.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0437.jpg

At night you could see the highest fireworks from Illuminations.

Mom quickly popped into the lobby on the way out and our request for a microwave was granted and they would deliver it to the room shortly. Hurray!

Off to the grocery store! We decided to hit up the Publix nearby, I wish we had driven to the SuperTarget but at that time we were not aware of how close or far way it was and we did not feel like driving all around Orlando.

We were happy with the wide selection at the Publix, much better than at Goodings.

Supplies in hand it was back to the resort. When we got to the room Mom discovered that the bag holding all her yogurt was missing. She went back out to the car and was happy to see that the bag had simply slipped under some seats and not been forgotten at the store as she had feared.

The microwave was already in the room when we got back, they had set it up on the desk. It was a nice large microwave and took up most of the desk space. Not a problem, we simply used the top of the microwave to hold our cereal boxes etc.

All the tasks associated with settling in complete it was time to head to the pool!

We decided to go to the main pool over at The Dig Site. Some pictures from the walk over.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0438.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0439.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0440.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0441.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0442.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0443.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0444.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0445.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0446.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0447.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0448.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0449.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0450.jpg

We have arrived!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0451.jpg

Next update: Fun in the pool and we test out the new waterproof camera

Continue to Next Post

CandleontheWater
06-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Lovely pics of CSR! I have thoroughly enjoyed my stays there and I can't seem to understand why it gets a bad wrap by certain podcasts and forums. :confused3

Glad your mom found her yogurt! That would have been a not nice surprise to find in the car after a long hot afternoon in the sun! :scared1:

Looking forward to your pool update! Being an archaeologist in my pre-baby life, I have always had a fond place in my heart for the dig site pool. I think it second only to SAB, with CBR a close third!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Lovely pics of CSR! I have thoroughly enjoyed my stays there and I can't seem to understand why it gets a bad wrap by certain podcasts and forums. :confused3

I don't get it, it was a lovely resort. The rooms were great as was the service. Sure it is a bit spread out but it is not that bad and it didn't take any longer to walk to the pool/main building than at many other resorts (AKL, Poly, CBR, DVC resorts, etc.)

Glad your mom found her yogurt! That would have been a not nice surprise to find in the car after a long hot afternoon in the sun! :scared1:

:laughing: No kidding!

Looking forward to your pool update! Being an archaeologist in my pre-baby life, I have always had a fond place in my heart for the dig site pool.

Really? That is really cool! My first university degree is in English Lit and Classical Studies. I took many archeology classes and even pondered continuing on to Grad School so that I could become a classical archeologist. :thumbsup2 Now I am in Nursing School, complete opposite of what I was doing before. :laughing:

Chaitali
06-06-2011, 06:59 PM
CSR looks beautiful and your room location sounds great! I'm going back to Disney World in October and was planning to stay at CSR, though now it looks like we may end up staying off site instead. Not my choice but we'll see what ends up happening.

ozzyla
06-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Really enjoying your trip report

Mysteria
06-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Love the CSR pics! Couldn't agree more about the white linens. :thumbsup2 If I ever make it back to a mod I'll have a tough time choosing betwen POFQ and CSR.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-06-2011, 07:15 PM
CSR looks beautiful and your room location sounds great! I'm going back to Disney World in October and was planning to stay at CSR, though now it looks like we may end up staying off site instead. Not my choice but we'll see what ends up happening.

I am sure that no matter where you stay you will have a great time! Just think, if you save money at an off site resort that is more money to spend on food and souvenirs!

Really enjoying your trip report

Thanks for reading! I'm glad you like it. :goodvibes

Love the CSR pics! Couldn't agree more about the white linens. :thumbsup2 If I ever make it back to a mod I'll have a tough time choosing betwen POFQ and CSR.

:laughing: It is always hard choosing resorts. Alek and Erich have said they do not want to return to WDW for at least five years. As much as I love WDW I agree that we should wait a few years to return. I want it to stay special and fresh. When we do go back though the resorts under consideration: Poly and Beach Club.

In the mean time there are all sorts of other places we can vacation. Erich wants to go to Australia, he already has a fund set up, $20 a week gets put into his Australia account. We all want to go to Scotland, Mom has already busied herself researching for that trip. I want to go to Japan, nobody else in the family does though. :sad2: Then there are Disney cruises! And of course we go out to BC every summer to visit Dad and go hiking.

PlutosRHM55
06-06-2011, 08:02 PM
The Coronado Springs room are so nice! I've seen so many pictures and they all look fantastic. I would definitely like to stay there someday. And :thumbsup2 to the view (: It must be great to see some of IllumiNations from your balcony, just relaxing there watching some fantastic fireworks, though you may not hear the music. ;) And the pool at CSR looks wicked nice! Can't wait to see what you photograph there with the waterproof camera! :) Update soon! :mickeyjum

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-06-2011, 08:08 PM
The Coronado Springs room are so nice! I've seen so many pictures and they all look fantastic. I would definitely like to stay there someday. And :thumbsup2 to the view (: It must be great to see some of IllumiNations from your balcony, just relaxing there watching some fantastic fireworks, though you may not hear the music. ;) And the pool at CSR looks wicked nice! Can't wait to see what you photograph there with the waterproof camera! :) Update soon! :mickeyjum

We really enjoyed the pool and had some fun times there. This is the first resort where we have really made good use of the pools. When we stayed at Wilderness Lodge it was our first trip back in ten years and was only a week long as we barely used the pool. At POP it rained the whole time pretty much so no pool time there either. This was a nice change. :thumbsup2

lovethattink
06-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Love seeing the CSR pictures! From above, the tile on the fountain looks so pretty. From ground level I didn't really notice it. Very cool that you could see some fireworks!

KatMark
06-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Your pictures of CSR are making me homesick and I can't wait to get there (after we try AKL for two nights first though). Love your location -- Casitas 5 is our top spot along with Casitas 4. And we've seen the high fireworks too from there. Were you able to see Expedition Everest from the property?

Can't wait to hear what you thought about the pool.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Love seeing the CSR pictures! From above, the tile on the fountain looks so pretty. From ground level I didn't really notice it. Very cool that you could see some fireworks!

I was happy to have a view of the fountain although I much preferred the fountains in the other sections of the Casitas.

Your pictures of CSR are making me homesick and I can't wait to get there (after we try AKL for two nights first though). Love your location -- Casitas 5 is our top spot along with Casitas 4. And we've seen the high fireworks too from there. Were you able to see Expedition Everest from the property?

Can't wait to hear what you thought about the pool.

I never really looked in the direction of AK. If it can be seen it must not be too obvious as it didn't catch my eye.

nilla
06-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Were you able to see Expedition Everest from the property?

Um, what?

Please elaborate! Please?

nilla
06-06-2011, 10:33 PM
GREAT CSR pics, by the way. That place is the greatest.

Mysteria
06-06-2011, 11:34 PM
:laughing: It is always hard choosing resorts. Alek and Erich have said they do not want to return to WDW for at least five years. As much as I love WDW I agree that we should wait a few years to return. I want it to stay special and fresh. When we do go back though the resorts under consideration: Poly and Beach Club.

In the mean time there are all sorts of other places we can vacation. Erich wants to go to Australia, he already has a fund set up, $20 a week gets put into his Australia account. We all want to go to Scotland, Mom has already busied herself researching for that trip. I want to go to Japan, nobody else in the family does though. :sad2: Then there are Disney cruises! And of course we go out to BC every summer to visit Dad and go hiking.

We were of the same idea. Let's give it a little break and see other things. Top of our list now is Vegas and New Orleans. Thought my next trip back would be my sister's 50th in 2014. Though I hoped we could fit in a few days of food and wine before then.

Then mil dropped the bomb! She wants me to go to food & wine with her this year as a thank you for all the work I've put into past vactions for us all! How cool is that?!

As far as your next stay. Poly is my favorite and never thought I'd be able to stay there. Post 9/11 they closed entire resorts for rehab. This happened at both resorts I was supposed to stay at 2001 (pofq) and 2002 (cbr). So in 2002 they gave us an deal we couldn't turn down on the Poly and I got to stay at my dream resort! Poly vs. BC for you guys though. I'd think BC for SAB!!

I want to go to Japan!!! Pick me, pick me!! :laughing: Den wants China, I want Japan. Been a dream of mine since I was very young. I can't even tell you exactly why. The culture just draws me in.

All7OfUs
06-07-2011, 01:11 AM
This is the second TR I've read this week with some stunning pix of CSR, and each time I see one, this resort really grows on me. Such pretty fountains and grounds.

I'll be interested to hear more about that gate...

crazyfordisney2000
06-07-2011, 06:05 AM
Great update, love the resort pics!

Oh, and I bought that Grumpy shirt for my Dad! LOL!

beebeeryan
06-07-2011, 06:32 AM
The resort looks beautiful and that pool looks so cool, my boys would love it. I've never even considered it before, but it will have to go on the list of places to stay.

Enjoying the TR so far!

UGAFan0829
06-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Wow, CSR is better than I expected! The landscaping is gorgeous! I'm glad you got such a great room location. The room itself was beautiful as well!

I'm glad they were able to accomdate you on the microwave. I'm sure it came in handy!

Oh, I can't wait to see some pics from the waterproof camera!

I just can't wait for the next update!! :)

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-07-2011, 08:41 AM
GREAT CSR pics, by the way. That place is the greatest.

I really liked the resort, so did Mom. We took many more pictures over the two weeks.

I want to go to Japan!!! Pick me, pick me!! :laughing: Den wants China, I want Japan. Been a dream of mine since I was very young. I can't even tell you exactly why. The culture just draws me in.

:laughing: I have wanted to go for a really long time. It just looks so beautiful and it is just so different from North America and of course there is Tokyo Disney! :laughing:

This is the second TR I've read this week with some stunning pix of CSR, and each time I see one, this resort really grows on me. Such pretty fountains and grounds.

I'll be interested to hear more about that gate...

I have plenty more where those came from, I think we ended up with nearly 350 from around the resort. :eek:

Great update, love the resort pics!

Oh, and I bought that Grumpy shirt for my Dad! LOL!

:laughing: I so wish I had bought it!

The resort looks beautiful and that pool looks so cool, my boys would love it. I've never even considered it before, but it will have to go on the list of places to stay.

Enjoying the TR so far!

The pool was wonderful and it is very large!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Wow, CSR is better than I expected! The landscaping is gorgeous! I'm glad you got such a great room location. The room itself was beautiful as well!

I'm glad they were able to accomdate you on the microwave. I'm sure it came in handy!

Oh, I can't wait to see some pics from the waterproof camera!

I just can't wait for the next update!! :)

I was happy to have the microwave, it did come in handy on several occasions.

DWGal210
06-07-2011, 09:12 AM
What great pictures!! I've never really had a desire to stay there but your pictures are GREAT!! I'll keep it on the list! :)

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-07-2011, 09:28 AM
What great pictures!! I've never really had a desire to stay there but your pictures are GREAT!! I'll keep it on the list! :)

If you are looking to stay at a mod I highly recommend it. :thumbsup2

Disneyland_Mama
06-07-2011, 11:57 AM
The resort looks really nice! Might be nice for an adults-only trip! :thumbsup2

I'm wondering if I made a mistake of recommending CBR over CS to a friend this summer. Perhaps the pirate pool will make up for it. I do think you definitely need a car for CS, no?

How was the weather in comparision to July or August?

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-07-2011, 12:15 PM
The resort looks really nice! Might be nice for an adults-only trip! :thumbsup2

I'm wondering if I made a mistake of recommending CBR over CS to a friend this summer. Perhaps the pirate pool will make up for it. I do think you definitely need a car for CS, no?

How was the weather in comparision to July or August?

I think you could get along without a car at CSR. The walk to the main building where the food court is located took five minutes max from our building so from the farthest point out it would probably take at the most 10 minutes and that includes my slow pace as I was always stopping to take pictures or look in the water. However, if you don't tend to eat at the resort then you would never really need to go to the main building aside from checking in. The resort also offers room service and the pool bar has food offerings if you don't want to walk to the main building.

The weather was REALLY hot, just as hot as July and August in my opinion. The news was reporting that the temperatures were unusually high for the time of year.

DawnMaree
06-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Nice update. Great pics.. ;)

DawnMaree
06-07-2011, 03:47 PM

I haven't seen many photos from CSR, so I'm happy you posted all those. It does look very beautiful. Love the doors to the changing area. Curtains don't always work, especially when the light is on in the changing area and not in the rest of the room. :rolleyes1

Thank goodness you're mom found that bag. Think of how icky yogurt would have been sitting in that heat! :sad2:

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Nice update. Great pics.. ;)

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: You have an excellent memory! I just nearly died laughing!

I haven't seen many photos from CSR, so I'm happy you posted all those. It does look very beautiful. Love the doors to the changing area. Curtains don't always work, especially when the light is on in the changing area and not in the rest of the room. :rolleyes1

:lmao: Yes, wouldn't want to traumatize the family although there was a little bit of trauma later on in the trip. :rolleyes1

Marshay
06-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Great photos!

Somehow we missed the Snow White Lego sculpture -- we saw the rest but never went on the T-rex side. Thanks for sharing the photos!

So glad your room was ready early ...ours was not!:sad2:

Coronado looks great! They have upgraded the bedding since we were there last. It looks really pretty now.

I'll keep looking in the background of your photos ... would be too funny if I found myself or family there!

I only saw one Disser, too. We saw each other 3 different, unplanned times which was cool. but never saw any LGMH.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Great photos!

Somehow we missed the Snow White Lego sculpture -- we saw the rest but never went on the T-rex side. Thanks for sharing the photos!

So glad your room was ready early ...ours was not!:sad2:

Coronado looks great! They have upgraded the bedding since we were there last. It looks really pretty now.

I'll keep looking in the background of your photos ... would be too funny if I found myself or family there!

I only saw one Disser, too. We saw each other 3 different, unplanned times which was cool. but never saw any LGMH.

I love the new rooms at CSR, I don't think we would have stayed there if the rooms still looked like they used to, blech!

I have stopped carrying the LGMH, I tried it on my first trip and it disappeared off my bag after only a few days.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-08-2011, 09:05 AM
May 11th continued

We had arrived at The Dig Site which is the home of the feature pool, playground, volleyball court, hot tub, arcade and pool bar. We claimed two lounge chairs by the side of the pool and then dived in, well more like slowly entered. Alek and Erich both thought it to be a bit chilly, I thought it was warm enough.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0453.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0454.jpg

Once we were all in we decided to test out the camera. I bought the camera in February with money given to me for Christmas, I had been wanting a waterproof camera for years. I wanted it for when I went snorkeling and for vacations like this one where I could use it in the pool and at water parks. I also figured it would probably rain the whole time we were in Florida like it usually does so we wouldn't have to worry about breaking the camera if we wanted to take pictures. I bought the Canon D10 as I have a good history with Canon's and after all the research I did it came out on top as being the best waterproof camera on the market. It is also shockproof and freezeproof. :thumbsup2 Almost all the pictures taken on this vacation were on this camera.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0460.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0461.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0463.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0465.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0467.jpg

Only problem on this trip is that I can not open my eyes underwater so getting the camera centered was difficult. It won't be a problem when snorkeling as I will have a mask on then and the screen can be seen clearly underwater.

After that Mom decided to get out of the pool. She is not one to float around the pool, she prefers to relax on a lounger with a book and chat with others hanging out at the pool.

Alek, Erich and I decided to explore the pool.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0470.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0471.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0472.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0474.jpg

Eek!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0475.jpg

Some little kids in the area thought Erich was hilarious.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0477.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0479.jpg

Doing handstands

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0481.jpg

Dueling

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0484.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0485.jpg

We decided to test out the slide. Sadly for me, when I was getting out of the pool I foolishly did not use the ladder. I ended up banging my knee, while a visible bruise did not appear that area was tender for days. Ouch!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0487.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0488.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0495.jpg

Taking a nap

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0499.jpg

Erich was having trouble getting into a handstand himself so Alek had to help him out

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0505.jpg

Pool Bar!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0507.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-08-2011, 09:06 AM
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0508.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0510.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0511.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0512.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0513.jpg

Mom's making a friend!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0514.jpg

Checking out the rest of The Dig Site

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0517.jpg

Oh no!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0518.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0519.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0520.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0521.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0522.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0523-1.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0524.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0525.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0526.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0529.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0530.jpg

Alek and Erich sure did have a rough day getting eaten by all these monsters!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0532.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0533.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0534.jpg

The Ball Court

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0536.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2011th%20-%20Arrival/IMG_0538.jpg

According to the time stamps on the pictures we spent about an hour and a half having fun at the pool that afternoon.

Continue to Next Post

GeminiAngel
06-08-2011, 09:30 AM

Really nice room!!! I might have to re-consider the whole southwest theme thing.

I love the underwater pics, nice and clear.

Love that this TR has the same flow as all your other ones! :thumbsup2

You're a bunch of crazy people! :rotfl::rotfl:

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-08-2011, 09:33 AM

You're a bunch of crazy people! :rotfl::rotfl:

I resent that! I am perfectly sane, the others though.... I often wonder about them. ;)

pinkxray
06-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Great update:thumbsup2 The CSR pool looks awesome. CSR has been on my short list for awhile but I wonder how I'll ever get to try it now that DD has been to AKL. She has asked to go on the jaguar slide, so we'll see.

Your brothers are too funny. I love that they will do anything to get a good shot.

I have been meaning to ask you how the Canon held up. I got the Sony waterproof camera and it took some good pictures. The only issue I had was that I was having a hard time changing the settings/ mode towards the end of the trip. I guess I hit a wrong button somewhere along the way and couldn't figure out how to fix it. Plus I started with a pink camera. Caitlin dropped the camera right on the pavement a few times and now all the pink coating has cracked off. I now have a lovely silver camera. At least it didn't break though.

lbuzz52
06-08-2011, 09:38 AM
i was on the same shopping mission- find a gender neutral baby gift. You are right, it wasn't an easy task. i saw plenty i would buy for baby or girl.
that pool looks really fun! i always dismiss CSR in my head, but it looks beautiful.

marvali
06-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Finally all caught up! Seems like every time I tried to read through your TR I would get about two pages in and get interrupted!! :sad2:

Heard lots of good things about T-REX and been trying to find an ADR there for our upcoming trip, but absolutely no luck! Obviously a very popular place.

Your "immature adult" giggles over the Lego sculpture are no surprise from Erich and Alek (and maybe even Rosie), but not our dear, sweet Lessa!!! :eek: Your TR is starting to become so revealing........ :rotfl:

Hmm, now you have me thinking about checking on a ressie at Coronado Springs resort for those first few days we currently plan to stay at DTD. Now that there are 4 of us to book for more options certainly open up. The 2 queen beds are a definite. Is there a couch/sleeper sofa in the room also? Drew is still small enough to sleep stretched out on a couch so he and his brother aren't beating each other up all night.

And the pool pics are great. Looks like that new camera works really well. The one comment about the little kid in the pool thinking Erich was hilarious.....that wouldn't be Alek would it???? :lmao:

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Your brothers are too funny. I love that they will do anything to get a good shot.

This is great when at WDW, however this extends to all places we go. They are very fond of dangling themselves over cliffs when we go hiking in the mountains. It gives me a heart attack each time they do it. I am afraid that one of these days they are going to have a serious accident.

I have been meaning to ask you how the Canon held up. I got the Sony waterproof camera and it took some good pictures. The only issue I had was that I was having a hard time changing the settings/ mode towards the end of the trip. I guess I hit a wrong button somewhere along the way and couldn't figure out how to fix it. Plus I started with a pink camera. Caitlin dropped the camera right on the pavement a few times and now all the pink coating has cracked off. I now have a lovely silver camera. At least it didn't break though.

I held up really well. Overall I was pleased. I missed having the wheel at the top to easily change settings but that is not possible to have on a waterproof. Also the zoom was only a 3x but again, not possible to have better with a waterproof. Performance/quality, it was just as good as a non-waterproof point and shoot. It got dropped (not by me) and not a scratch on it.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-08-2011, 09:49 AM
i was on the same shopping mission- find a gender neutral baby gift. You are right, it wasn't an easy task. i saw plenty i would buy for baby or girl.
that pool looks really fun! i always dismiss CSR in my head, but it looks beautiful.

It was really tough to find a good gift, I nearly gave up on it.

Heard lots of good things about T-REX and been trying to find an ADR there for our upcoming trip, but absolutely no luck! Obviously a very popular place.

If you go in the afternoon you should have no problem just walking in and getting a table. I also heard that if you do not have luck getting a Disney ADR you can try calling the restaurant directly. :thumbsup2

Your "immature adult" giggles over the Lego sculpture are no surprise from Erich and Alek (and maybe even Rosie), but not our dear, sweet Lessa!!! :eek: Your TR is starting to become so revealing........ :rotfl:

:laughing: I will admit that I have a really filthy mind. You would be shocked at some of the things I came up with to help my friends and I memorize info for our classes during the school year. ;)

Hmm, now you have me thinking about checking on a ressie at Coronado Springs resort for those first few days we currently plan to stay at DTD. Now that there are 4 of us to book for more options certainly open up. The 2 queen beds are a definite. Is there a couch/sleeper sofa in the room also? Drew is still small enough to sleep stretched out on a couch so he and his brother aren't beating each other up all night.

Unfortunately it does not have a couch, just the two queens.

And the pool pics are great. Looks like that new camera works really well. The one comment about the little kid in the pool thinking Erich was hilarious.....that wouldn't be Alek would it???? :lmao:

:lmao: No, unfortunately Alek and Erich are a bad influence on young children everywhere, just look at how my cousins in Ohio behave. ;)

Alek and Erich do find each other to be very amusing though.

lovethattink
06-08-2011, 10:13 AM
:lmao: No, unfortunately Alek and Erich are a bad influence on young children everywhere, just look at how my cousins in Ohio behave. ;)

Alek and Erich do find each other to be very amusing though.

My 7 year old would have easily been influenced by them!!

They are so funny! I bet you had a great time!

Seeing all those dig site pics has me very ready to return to CSR in August!!

ddstratton
06-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Wow! I'm loving the pictures of the resort -- room and pool area look great! I just might have to consider Coronado Springs instead of Caribbean Beach for our next trip.....

jenbear123
06-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Alek and Erich are too funny with their poses! :lmao:

That camera works really nicely underwater. Very nice pictures :goodvibes The pool looks very inviting right about now!

rentayenta
06-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Okay, wow, great pics. :thumbsup2

The rooms at CSR look fabulous as do the grounds and pool. I wish I would have had the chance to stay there. The only way we could now is to get 2 rooms using our DVC points which makes zero sense but it's a beautiful property.

Those Lego displays are crazy cool.

DawnMaree
06-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Looks like a lot of fun. So tell me, how hard was it for your brothers to come up with all these poses? Was it like, "Lessa, take a pic me now. Wait, wait. How about this?" :lmao:

Love the underwater shots!

dtr_angel
06-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I also ended up on a mission to find some gender neutral baby stuff since our May trip was hopefully the last trip we'll take just the two of us (I also said that the last 3 trips and it didn't work out) I wonder if you ended up buying what we bought!

The pool looks super cool, and it looks like you had a lot of fun. Great update!

eargal
06-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Joining the fun! I'm loving this report!:thumbsup2

CandleontheWater
06-08-2011, 11:49 AM
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Really? That is really cool! My first university degree is in English Lit and Classical Studies. I took many archeology classes and even pondered continuing on to Grad School so that I could become a classical archeologist. :thumbsup2 Now I am in Nursing School, complete opposite of what I was doing before. :laughing:

Whoo-hoo for another classicist! :banana:

My undergrad was a double major in classics and archaeology and I went for a year to UPenn for their Art and Archaeology of the Mediterranean World grad program. It was after a year that I realized that I couldn't take another moment of Ancient Greek, or I would do something drastic. I always loved the archaeology, but struggled with the language.

I decided to change my focus, moved to Florida, got my grad degree from UWF in Historical Archaeology, and was working as an archaeologist up until I had Everett.

Moving into nursing was probably a smart move, most of the people I know who graduated with PhDs in classics are not employed at the moment. :sad2:

CandleontheWater
06-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Oh and I forgot to say- great underwater pics! How cool to have an underwater camera! We've gotten the disposable ones for vacations, but they take such awful grainy pictures.

I also really enjoyed watching your brothers ham it up around the pool and playground. I think the only thing missing is a mock human sacrifice picture on the steps of the great pyramid. You'll have to get that shot next time :rotfl:

Chaitali
06-08-2011, 01:49 PM
The underwater shots are great! As are the shots of your brothers being attacked by various animals :) It seems like you guys were having a lot of fun by the pool.