PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Hot Hot Hot! The Rain Curse is Broken! Two Weeks of Fun in the Sun! COMPLETE

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

PlutosRHM55
06-22-2011, 01:29 PM
The Countdown to Fun parade looks a lot cooler than when I saw the video for it, when it first opened up. I actually may see it now, though BPB was much better :teeth:

You had some pretty... interesting drawings. Yours was the best, though Erich's also looked nice (Dopey/Sorcerer Mickey LOL) And based on what I've read about your brothers in this TR, the characters they got sound totally like them. What character did you get?

When I saw that this chapter involved an injury, I was totally expecting one of your brothers and I was right! (: Hope it wasn't too bad so he could've continued on in the festivities of the trip, but he sounded alright :thumbsup2

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-22-2011, 01:38 PM
I haven't seen Beauty and the Beast since Four for a Dollar left. They were one of my favorite parts of the show. I'm still hoping they bring them back someday.

Me too! They were great!

I love everybody's drawings from Animation Academy, especially the sailboat. That looks like a fun thing to do. It's on my list of things to do as soon as the boys can handle it.

It is so much fun, I recommend it to everybody. :thumbsup2

I had decided on the Red Velvet cupcake to try in October, but now your Chocolate Peanut Butter cupcake has me second guessing myself. :idea: Maybe I'll bring my own to go box and get both.

The red velvet does look very good, good idea about bringing your own container. :thumbsup2

The Countdown to Fun parade looks a lot cooler than when I saw the video for it, when it first opened up. I actually may see it now, though BPB was much better :teeth:

You had some pretty... interesting drawings. Yours was the best, though Erich's also looked nice (Dopey/Sorcerer Mickey LOL) And based on what I've read about your brothers in this TR, the characters they got sound totally like them. What character did you get?

When I saw that this chapter involved an injury, I was totally expecting one of your brothers and I was right! (: Hope it wasn't too bad so he could've continued on in the festivities of the trip, but he sounded alright :thumbsup2

I didn't do the character quiz this trip. In the past I have been Maleficent and Cinderella.

Typically I am the one who gets injured in our family since I am a klutz but this time around it was Erich due to his stupidity. ;)

UGAFan0829
06-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Animation Academy is definitely one of my fave things at HS! I think you did a great job with Sorcerer Mickey! I don't have very good drawing abilities either, but the classes do seem to make it a little easier!

I love the PhotoPass pic of all of you!

And I never even knew that the "which character are you" thing even exsisted. We must go in the wrong way or something!!

I'm glad Erich's leg wasn't too bad...silly boy!:rolleyes1

jenbear123
06-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the info on the parade. I love how you were a Villain and then switch over to Cinderella. You couldn't be more of two opposites! :laughing: I'll have to give those personality character tests a try....

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Animation Academy is definitely one of my fave things at HS! I think you did a great job with Sorcerer Mickey! I don't have very good drawing abilities either, but the classes do seem to make it a little easier!

They really do, so long as you have a good instructor. ;)

And I never even knew that the "which character are you" thing even exsisted. We must go in the wrong way or something!!

The games are between where you see Mickey and the photo area for whatever character/movie is out at the time.

I'm glad Erich's leg wasn't too bad...silly boy!:rolleyes1

I know! I'm just waiting for the day one of them seriously injuries themselves with one of their silly stunts. :sad2:

Thanks for the info on the parade. I love how you were a Villain and then switch over to Cinderella. You couldn't be more of two opposites! :laughing: I'll have to give those personality character tests a try....

:laughing: I have a different personality with different people. Around the girl in my program who screwed up our group presentation and makes distasteful jokes about patients I am as mean as Maleficent, to my friends I am as sweet and kind as Cinderella. :laughing:

wdwgirl03
06-22-2011, 04:34 PM
That's so cool you got to draw Sorcerer Mickey!! The Animation Academy is one of my new favorite attractions.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-22-2011, 06:17 PM
That's so cool you got to draw Sorcerer Mickey!! The Animation Academy is one of my new favorite attractions.

It is a favourite of mine as well, I told them we were not leaving the park that day until we had been to a class. :laughing:

englishrose47
06-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Great Update !!Those Bros !!! Will they ever learn !! I see your one personality is NOT afraid of mice but how about RATS!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

GeminiAngel
06-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Your drawing is great! Mom looks relaxed. :cloud9:

I think your brothers need to realize, you're not the only one who's no longer a teenager! :rotfl2:

Poor Erich, I hope the leg gets better. Nothing worse than have a self-inflected gimpy towing along! :rotfl2:

lbuzz52
06-23-2011, 01:25 AM
You got some great shots of the parade!
The animation academy looks like fun. I definitely have to keep that on my "next trip" list.

oOJulieOo
06-23-2011, 04:16 AM
I'm all caught up again!

That cupcake looks delicious. As does the fried chicken and the burger and the chicken pot pie. Can you tell I miss American food?! I'm practically drooling! :laughing:

It sounds like you got a lot done at DHS. Great morning!

I am very impressed that you were all able to get ready and get out the door in time for rope drop.

I'm sorry you didn't sleep well throughout the trip. I hope the sleepless nights didn't affect your days too much!

ddstratton
06-23-2011, 07:33 AM
We've never done the Animation Academy. Looks like you guys had a great time at DHS.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Great Update !!Those Bros !!! Will they ever learn !! I see your one personality is NOT afraid of mice but how about RATS!!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

:lmao: I guess I must not be too afraid of rats either since I didn't scream bloody murder when that one tried to climb up my leg. ;)
Your drawing is great! Mom looks relaxed. :cloud9:

I think your brothers need to realize, you're not the only one who's no longer a teenager! :rotfl2:

Poor Erich, I hope the leg gets better. Nothing worse than have a self-inflected gimpy towing along! :rotfl2:

:laughing: I wonder when we will all start acting our age? ;)

You got some great shots of the parade!
The animation academy looks like fun. I definitely have to keep that on my "next trip" list.

Definitely try it out when you have the chance. :thumbsup2

I'm all caught up again!

That cupcake looks delicious. As does the fried chicken and the burger and the chicken pot pie. Can you tell I miss American food?! I'm practically drooling! :laughing:

Yeah but you are probably eating much healthier over there. :thumbsup2

I'm sorry you didn't sleep well throughout the trip. I hope the sleepless nights didn't affect your days too much!

Not too much, made me a bit grouchy but other than that no big effect. :thumbsup2

We've never done the Animation Academy. Looks like you guys had a great time at DHS.

You have to go! It is so much fun!

KatMark
06-23-2011, 09:31 AM
I could have sworn I responded yesterday, but I guess not.

I love the parade pictures at DHS (we've not done a parade there in over ten years). You guys did great at the Animation Studios (we did this for the first time last year -- we had Donald Duck -- and I can't wait to go back this year). I did not know about the "Which Character are You?" Where exactly is that...I want to do that this year.

What a great photopass picture (and your brothers actually look like they almost posed "normal" for a pic!).

englishrose47
06-23-2011, 10:34 AM

I love the parade pictures at DHS (we've not done a parade there in over ten years). You guys did great at the Animation Studios (we did this for the first time last year -- we had Donald Duck -- and I can't wait to go back this year). I did not know about the "Which Character are You?" Where exactly is that...I want to do that this year.

What a great photopass picture (and your brothers actually look like they almost posed "normal" for a pic!).

Me too !!! I am bound to be a Princess:snooty:;):lmao:

Moira222
06-23-2011, 11:41 AM
The parade looks like a lot of fun ...but I have an almost 8 year old...

I didn't know you could sneak through the store for the animation studio. very cool although I really do enjoy the film with Mushu. We did this for the first time last month and did Donald. it was fun!

I am laughing at your brothers...apparently you also travel with almost 8 year olds :rotfl::rotfl: at least he only got a leg cramp and didn't drown himself.:laughing:

Disneyland_Mama
06-23-2011, 12:31 PM
You know I have never done the Animation thing at WDW or DLR? :confused3 It looks like fun and I know Mads and Evan will love it! Your Mickey doesn't look too bad. ;)

:eek: to injured legs! I hope Erich's leg wasn't too bad! Nothing is worse than spending precious vacation time at Centra Care. :sad2:

crazyfordisney2000
06-23-2011, 12:41 PM
I really wanted to try the Red Velvet Cheesecake cupcake but no way I could have managed it without a take away container and I knew we would not have time to go back during Star Wars Weekends. Hopefully they still have it in 5 YEARS when we go back.

Too bad they didn't have the proper containers, you could have gotten both , they make an EXCELLENT breakfast!;)

I wonder when we will all start acting our age?

How boring life would be then... :)

Enjoying your trip report..:dance3:

YukiPhnx
06-23-2011, 05:39 PM
My gosh, how do I get so behind?

I MUST hang out with your brothers one day. I bet it would be awesome. Love those pole dancing pictures! Erich sure knows how to "exercise"!!

Too bad the Belle you got couldn't really sing...that kinda ruins the show.

I like Alek's boat picture with a boat on the guy's head.

Wow...that cupcake...I think I'll have to try the red velvet one.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-23-2011, 05:46 PM

The only parade that we had planned to see this trip was the Electrical Parade but it was fun to see this one even though it wasn't in "the plan".

The Character game is in the animation building between the Mickey greeting spot and the Winnie the Pooh greeting spot (the character spot that is always changing depending on what movie is coming out and getting promoted).

Yes, sometimes Alek and Erich are kind to their mother and pose for a normal photo. :laughing:

The parade looks like a lot of fun ...but I have an almost 8 year old...

I didn't know you could sneak through the store for the animation studio. very cool although I really do enjoy the film with Mushu. We did this for the first time last month and did Donald. it was fun!

I am laughing at your brothers...apparently you also travel with almost 8 year olds :rotfl::rotfl: at least he only got a leg cramp and didn't drown himself.:laughing:

Yep, you can sneak in through the gift shop if you want to skip the film. The Mushu movie is funny but it doesn't really change from year to year so we don't bother with it anymore and just skip over it.

Well if Erich had drowned himself Alek and I are both certified in First Aid and CPR as you will see later in the trip. ;)

You know I have never done the Animation thing at WDW or DLR? :confused3 It looks like fun and I know Mads and Evan will love it! Your Mickey doesn't look too bad. ;)

:eek: to injured legs! I hope Erich's leg wasn't too bad! Nothing is worse than spending precious vacation time at Centra Care. :sad2:

You should try the animation class in December!

Yep, I was praying that we would not have the trip disrupted due to Erich's goofing around.

Too bad they didn't have the proper containers, you could have gotten both , they make an EXCELLENT breakfast!;)

How boring life would be then... :)

Enjoying your trip report..:dance3:

:laughing: I was surprised they didn't have the container as I know Main Street Bakery has pastry containers so logically you would think Starring Rolls would as well. :confused3 Perhaps it was good they didn't have the take away container as we(I) ended up with my fair share of junk in the room. ;)

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-23-2011, 05:48 PM
My gosh, how do I get so behind?

I MUST hang out with your brothers one day. I bet it would be awesome. Love those pole dancing pictures! Erich sure knows how to "exercise"!!

Too bad the Belle you got couldn't really sing...that kinda ruins the show.

I like Alek's boat picture with a boat on the guy's head.

Wow...that cupcake...I think I'll have to try the red velvet one.

Perhaps I can convince Alek to go to Wonderland this summer and we can hang out. :thumbsup2

YukiPhnx
06-23-2011, 06:03 PM
perhaps i can convince alek to go to wonderland this summer and we can hang out. :thumbsup2

yes. Do it.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-23-2011, 08:27 PM
I am so tempted to book a Western Caribbean cruise on the Disney Fantasy for next May. The oceanview rooms are selling cheaper than the inside rooms! :laughing: I am such a weak creature, can't seem to survive unless I have a vacation on the horizon.

GeminiAngel
06-23-2011, 09:22 PM
I am so tempted to book a Western Caribbean cruise on the Disney Fantasy for next May. The oceanview rooms are selling cheaper than the inside rooms! :laughing: I am such a weak creature, can't seem to survive unless I have a vacation on the horizon.

I too must always have a trip in waiting. :sad2:
We need a 12 step program.

ddstratton
06-23-2011, 09:30 PM

Sounds like fun!!! I have that same disease. I love planning vacations. I'm currently planning a Disney trip, but unfortunately it's over a year away!!!!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-23-2011, 11:05 PM
I too must always have a trip in waiting. :sad2:
We need a 12 step program.

Trip Planners Anonymous, I am definitely in need!

Sounds like fun!!! I have that same disease. I love planning vacations. I'm currently planning a Disney trip, but unfortunately it's over a year away!!!!

It is definitely a sickness/addiction.

Mysteria
06-23-2011, 11:49 PM
All caught up now! Was away for a visit in Toronto and Ottawa. Did you see me wave to you as we drove from one to the other?! :laughing:

You know your brothers will still be trying the same crazy stuff when they are 40 right?! :rotfl: Guys don't change much they just hurt themsleves more and for longer as they get older. :thumbsup2

oOJulieOo
06-24-2011, 03:08 AM

I am the same. Always thinking about the next trip. And now that we have so many places that are so accessible, it seems that my every evening is taken up by trip planning!

pinkxray
06-24-2011, 06:11 AM
Oh no, too bad Erich hurt his leg. I'm wondering though, do the words "I told you so" come out of your month a lot?

Book a cruise. Book a cruise:cheer2:

I was at work yesterday and one of my coworkers had just gotten back from a cruise to Alaska. I have never even looked into it b/c I always picture tropical places for cruises but listening to her talk it sounds amazing. Now I have another vacation I have to squeeze in one day.

minnie411
06-24-2011, 06:33 AM
Joining in!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-24-2011, 10:28 AM
All caught up now! Was away for a visit in Toronto and Ottawa. Did you see me wave to you as we drove from one to the other?! :laughing:

You know your brothers will still be trying the same crazy stuff when they are 40 right?! :rotfl: Guys don't change much they just hurt themsleves more and for longer as they get older. :thumbsup2

I hope you had fun on your visit!

You are right, they will probably still be dangling themselves over cliffs when they are 40, 50, 60. :headache:

I am the same. Always thinking about the next trip. And now that we have so many places that are so accessible, it seems that my every evening is taken up by trip planning!

I wish i was in your shoes, so close to everything!

Oh no, too bad Erich hurt his leg. I'm wondering though, do the words "I told you so" come out of your month a lot?

:laughing:

Book a cruise. Book a cruise:cheer2:

I really want to!

I was at work yesterday and one of my coworkers had just gotten back from a cruise to Alaska. I have never even looked into it b/c I always picture tropical places for cruises but listening to her talk it sounds amazing. Now I have another vacation I have to squeeze in one day.

The Alaska cruises sound so nice, nobody in the family is interested in them other than me. :sad2:

Joining in!

Welcome!

mom3sonstt
06-24-2011, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=Lifelong_Dreamer;41593372]Trip Planners Anonymous, I am definitely in need!

QUOTE]

I would need to join that one too! But then we would have to plan where to have meetings - and since we are so spread out that would involve traveling....do I go to you? - do you come to me? - do we both go to Disney? Somehow I don't think it would cure us! :rotfl:

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-24-2011, 11:24 AM
May 12th continued

Last I left you Erich was hobbling around having injured his leg in a very tragic and unavoidable swimming pool accident.:rolleyes:

The plan for the night was to return to Hollywood Studios around 8:30 to see the second showing of Fantasmic. Mom decided that she was not going to go, she was tired and decided to stay behind and go to bed early.

Erich, Alek and I spent the time till we left lying around and watching tv and they played their video games. Erich was reporting that his leg was feeling much better, that was until he got up from the bed and it hurt all over again. He said that the pain passed after a few minutes of standing although it never left completely. His leg was good enough that he could brave the park that night.

We got to the park around 8:40 and were able to park up close in the same row we had parked in that morning. :thumbsup2

First order of business when we got into the park was a photopass photo. The photographer wasn't very good.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/Photo0015FourBySix.jpg

A little better

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/Photo0016FourBySix.jpg

Alek and I decided to ride Rock N' Roller Coaster again while Erich waited outside, there was basically no wait.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/IMG_0846.jpg

As you can see Alek decided the ride was a perfect time to take a nap.

A crowd was starting to gather for the second Fantasmic show so we hopped in line. They had the Streetmosphere actors out entertaining the waiting crowd by hosting a radio show.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/IMG_0852.jpg

At one point they asked somebody where they were from and they were from Canada so they asked all the Canadians to shout out, there were a lot of us there that night!

They then picked a young boy and a young girl from the crowd, Catelyn and Travis, both 5 years old. The actors went on and on about how this was young love and created a whole story for the two kids, it was rather amusing, especially the reactions of the parents, the father of the little girl in particular.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/IMG_0854.jpg

It wasn't too long before they let us "into" the theatre, really they let us go most of the way up the long path that takes you to the theatre instead of waiting out on the street.

Well guess who was standing right next to us in the crowd, it was Catelyn and Travis! They had become the best of friends since their young romance began 5 minutes earlier. :laughing: They were running around playing with each other and having the best of times, it was really cute. A guy standing near us said that this could be made into a book "where they would meet again in 20 years and one of them would be a vampire". :lmao: The parents of the two were making friends as well and were talking about how they would set-up e-mail for the kids so that they could stay in touch and how they would arrange for them to talk on webcam and phone etc. It was very funny to listen in on the types of conversation they thought these kids would have. :laughing: When it came time for the two to say goodbye it was time for the tears and the parents reassured them they would arrange to meet up in the future. Only at Disney! Wouldn't it be funny if they actually stayed in touch and ended up having a Disney Wedding since that is where it all began? :lovestruc

Once they let us into the theatre we grabbed some seats right in the middle of the theatre towards the front. Usually I would sit at the back since those are the best seats (all the VIP's sit up there) but we had never sat up front before so I figured I should give it a shot.

A group of young guys sitting behind us started a wave in the crowd, it kept getting bigger and bigger until everybody was doing it. This went on for at least 10 minutes until people started to get tired although there were a few in each section that seemed determined to keep it going until the show started.

We loved the show as always, one of my favourite things to do at WDW. I attempted a few photos but this show is so hard to photograph so I stuck mostly with video.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/IMG_0867.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/IMG_0870.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/IMG_0873.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/IMG_0877.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/IMG_0887.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/IMG_0890.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/IMG_0893.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/IMG_0896.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/IMG_0899.jpg

Fantasmic Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whv7cPGS6Cw)

Fantasmic Clip: The Princesses (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07eJ6O4sFuo)

Fantasmic Clip:The Villains (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_UOhFIiFAY)

Towards the end of the show I saw a giant shape scurrying across the steps towards where we were sitting, I had a vivid flashback of the rat at the Magic Kingdom trying to climb up my leg. "Luckily" it was just a mutant bug. I kept my feet off the ground for the rest of the show and rested them on the back edge of the bench in front of us. No way I was letting any sort of rodent or creepy crawly on me again. :scared1:

In order to beat the exit crowds we made a run for it before the show had officially ended. While everybody else remained in their seats to watch the boat float by we were booking it up the stadium stairs. We were at the top and in front of most of the crowd by the time the show was "finished".

Mom was sound asleep when we got back to the room and somehow she did not wake up while we got ready for bed. I set the wake-up call for 7am and then settled down for another restless night of sleep.

So ends Day 2 of our vacation, only 13 days left!

Click here to continue

YukiPhnx
06-24-2011, 11:29 AM
I know exactly how you feel Lessa!

I actually have.....um....6 trips that I'm planning!!!!

NYC this summer.....Chicago in the fall or spring, cruise next spring, Universal Orlando next summer, and WDW again in 2013, and a Vegas trip somewhere in there. I'm addicted.

PlutosRHM55
06-24-2011, 11:52 AM
That's so cute they picked those kids to make a "love story" out of. I can only imagine how the father reacted to when he saw his daughter being "hooked up" with a boy at FIVE YEARS OLD! lol Then, their parents starting figuring out ways so that the two remain in contact. I agree, Disney Marriage waiting to happen right there;) And I love the comment the guy made about one of them turning out to be a vampire :lmao:

Those were really nice videos you took of Fantasmic. I missed it on my last trip, so it was nice to see some clips from it in your videos :') And I'm guessing the creature crawling around during the show was either a beaver or a duck, I'm guessing since I've seen them in that area, while waiting for Fantasmic, just to let you know for reassurance if it was something worse. (: Can't wait to read about your next 13 DAYS! :mickeyjum

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-24-2011, 12:00 PM
I know exactly how you feel Lessa!

I actually have.....um....6 trips that I'm planning!!!!

NYC this summer.....Chicago in the fall or spring, cruise next spring, Universal Orlando next summer, and WDW again in 2013, and a Vegas trip somewhere in there. I'm addicted.

I wish I had that many trips planned! Right now the only trip in my future is the trip out to my dad's.

That's so cute they picked those kids to make a "love story" out of. I can only imagine how the father reacted to when he saw his daughter being "hooked up" with a boy at FIVE YEARS OLD! lol Then, their parents starting figuring out ways so that the two remain in contact. I agree, Disney Marriage waiting to happen right there;) And I love the comment the guy made about one of them turning out to be a vampire :lmao:

Those were really nice videos you took of Fantasmic. I missed it on my last trip, so it was nice to see some clips from it in your videos :') And I'm guessing the creature crawling around during the show was either a beaver or a duck, I'm guessing since I've seen them in that area, while waiting for Fantasmic, just to let you know for reassurance if it was something worse. (: Can't wait to read about your next 13 DAYS! :mickeyjum

It was definitely a giant bug, not big enough to be a duck or a beaver. ;) I was just scared it was a rat because of my previous experience.

YukiPhnx
06-24-2011, 12:00 PM
I hope Erich's felt better soon, it's only the beginning of your trip!

Awwww, the story of those two little kids is adorable!!! I hope the two families really kept in touch.

I love Fantasmic. It's....fantastic! Yes...I had to go there. Being in the front must have been REALLY hot! I'm glad nothing crawled up your leg this time. As much as I love rodents, I'd be freaked out too. But then I would go "awww" and try to catch it...

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-24-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm glad nothing crawled up your leg this time. As much as I love rodents, I'd be freaked out too. But then I would go "awww" and try to catch it...

Yuck! :laughing: You remind me of a friend I had in Victoria who kept rats as pets in her bedroom. Nasty!

KatMark
06-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Lessa, great update. Love the story of the two five-year olds. :lovestruc

I think your photos turned out great from the show. And thanks for the videoclip. We've missed Fantasmic on our last two visits because it didn't coincide with the nights we were there, so I enjoyed seeing the videos.

jenbear123
06-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Good job on beating the end of show crowds. It sucks because you miss the end of the show. Thanks for reminding me though because I'll probably want to bee-line it when I see it next time! What's up with that Photopass photographer? Aren't they suppose to take the amazing shots at night when your camera fails? :confused3

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Lessa, great update. Love the story of the two five-year olds. :lovestruc

I think your photos turned out great from the show. And thanks for the videoclip. We've missed Fantasmic on our last two visits because it didn't coincide with the nights we were there, so I enjoyed seeing the videos.

I love Fantasmic and the music, watching the videos reminds me so much of Florida.

Good job on beating the end of show crowds. It sucks because you miss the end of the show. Thanks for reminding me though because I'll probably want to bee-line it when I see it next time! What's up with that Photopass photographer? Aren't they suppose to take the amazing shots at night when your camera fails? :confused3

We didn't miss much, just the boat making the full loop, it was worth it to beat most of the crowds especially as we had seen Fantasmic in the past.

I was disappointed with the poor quality of those photos. :sad2:

CandleontheWater
06-24-2011, 12:29 PM
I would have been disappointed in the photopass pictures too! You think with their fancy cameras they'd be able to do better!

I'm glad you got to see Fantasmic! I love the show but it is so hard to catch! I don't think we'll be seeing it any time soon, so I loved your photos and video clips! :)

englishrose47
06-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Loved the Young Love:love:story, just tooo cute !!!As for a 12 step Program I am working on it ,let's see
1. Disney in August
2. Albany in September
3. Cedar Point in September
4. Disney in October
5. NYC in October
6. Universal or Disney in May/June2012
7. Lake George June 2012
8. Disneyor Universal in September2012
9. Disney December 2012

I only need 3 more steps !!!:lmao: Oh did you mean to NOT plan trips OOPS:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

oOJulieOo
06-24-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm glad Erich's leg was well enough to get him to Fantasmic. Silly boy!

It's super cute that the little boy and girl became friends. So sweet and you're right, only at Disney!

About the rat...EWWWW!!!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-24-2011, 01:17 PM
I would have been disappointed in the photopass pictures too! You think with their fancy cameras they'd be able to do better!

No kidding! If I had a tripod I probably could have done better. :snooty:
Loved the Young Love:love:story, just tooo cute !!!As for a 12 step Program I am working on it ,let's see
1. Disney in August
2. Albany in September
3. Cedar Point in September
4. Disney in October
5. NYC in October
6. Universal or Disney in May/June2012
7. Lake George June 2012
8. Disneyor Universal in September2012
9. Disney December 2012

I only need 3 more steps !!!:lmao: Oh did you mean to NOT plan trips OOPS:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

About the rat...EWWWW!!!

I will never forget the rat incident, it will haunt me for the rest of my life. :sad2:

jcc0621
06-24-2011, 01:28 PM
We got to the park around 8:40 and were able to park up close in the same row we had parked in that morning. :thumbsup2

Love going to the park in the evening and getting parking like that:thumbsup2

First order of business when we got into the park was a photopass photo. The photographer wasn't very good.

That was an understatement, hopeyou got lots more photos throughout the trip!

Only your brother:lmao:

Wouldn't it be funny if they actually stayed in touch and ended up having a Disney Wedding since that is where it all began?

::yes::

Towards the end of the show I saw a giant shape scurrying across the steps towards where we were sitting, I had a vivid flashback of the rat at the Magic Kingdom trying to climb up my leg. "Luckily" it was just a mutant bug. I kept my feet off the ground for the rest of the show and rested them on the back edge of the bench in front of us. No way I was letting any sort of rodent or creepy crawly on me again.

I remember that :scared1: :faint:

only 13 days left![/SIZE][/COLOR]

popcorn::

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Love going to the park in the evening and getting parking like that:thumbsup2

Me too!

That was an understatement, hope you got lots more photos throughout the trip!

We did despite Alek and Erich's annoyance at my photopass obsession.

YukiPhnx
06-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Haha, I'll probably photopass obsessed on my trip too. I'll be getting a cd and there's 8 of us, so it'll definitely be worth it! Especially if we split up and use photopass whenever we see them! I'm gonna have to train my group well...

OhMari
06-24-2011, 02:32 PM
I am so tempted to book a Western Caribbean cruise on the Disney Fantasy for next May. The oceanview rooms are selling cheaper than the inside rooms! :laughing: I am such a weak creature, can't seem to survive unless I have a vacation on the horizon. Don't feel bad. I cancelled my ressie for Aug. 31-Sept. 5 with Free Dining. I know I am going to be kicking myself when my birthday comes. It is also my 30th wedding Anniv.- and I have nothing. My dh told me he has to check on a job site in Canada, near the Rocky Mountains, and we can go there, Oh Joy-riding in a truck for 18 hrs.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Don't feel bad. I cancelled my ressie for Aug. 31-Sept. 5 with Free Dining. I know I am going to be kicking myself when my birthday comes. It is also my 30th wedding Anniv.- and I have nothing. My dh told me he has to check on a job site in Canada, near the Rocky Mountains, and we can go there, Oh Joy-riding in a truck for 18 hrs.

You should definitely visit the Canadian Rockies, they are so beautiful!

PirateKate
06-24-2011, 03:10 PM
I actually like sitting in the very front of Fantasmic. It's fun to be able to see everything close up. Of course, that was before we had kids and it was fine to sit there after the show for twenty minutes while everyone else left.

That is a cute story about the five year olds. I wonder if they will end up keeping in touch. I hope they do.

FauntleroyFAN07
06-24-2011, 03:26 PM
thats great, i bet the kids do stay in touch for a while...hope it works out for them...i wonder if they will cordinate there future trips to go together....

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-24-2011, 06:51 PM
I actually like sitting in the very front of Fantasmic. It's fun to be able to see everything close up. Of course, that was before we had kids and it was fine to sit there after the show for twenty minutes while everyone else left.

That is a cute story about the five year olds. I wonder if they will end up keeping in touch. I hope they do.

I hope they do too, of course I guess we will never know!

thats great, i bet the kids do stay in touch for a while...hope it works out for them...i wonder if they will cordinate there future trips to go together....

:laughing: Wouldn't that be funny?

lbuzz52
06-25-2011, 12:37 AM
What a cute story about the two five year olds. It reminds me of the story a couple years ago where two engaged people found that they were in each others picture from a childhood WDW trip

minnie411
06-25-2011, 07:36 AM
Okay I am all caught up and can't wait to read more. We leave in 11 days and your report is helping me get through the wait:goodvibes

marvali
06-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the info on the parade. I love how you were a Villain and then switch over to Cinderella. You couldn't be more of two opposites! :laughing: I'll have to give those personality character tests a try....Now THAT should be interesting......:rolleyes1

:laughing: I have a different personality with different people. Around the girl in my program who screwed up our group presentation and makes distasteful jokes about patients I am as mean as Maleficent, to my friends I am as sweet and kind as Cinderella. :laughing:And with the Brothers Grimm??? :confused:
:laughing: I wonder when we will all start acting our age? ;)That isn't a law or anything, is it??? :eek:
Me too !!! I am bound to be a Princess:snooty:;):lmao::lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: Pleeeaaasseeee make it stop!!!!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/Photo0015FourBySix.jpg

You three have got to learn to stand still like that hat in the background!!!

A little better

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/Photo0016FourBySix.jpg

She's touching me!!!!

Alek and I decided to ride Rock N' Roller Coaster again while Erich waited outside, there was basically no wait.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2012th%20-%20DHS/IMG_0846.jpg

You're not fooling anyone. That's fear, pure fear!!!

Well guess who was standing right next to us in the crowd, it was Catelyn and Travis! They had become the best of friends since their young romance began 5 minutes earlier. :laughing: They were running around playing with each other and having the best of times, it was really cute. A guy standing near us said that this could be made into a book "where they would meet again in 20 years and one of them would be a vampire". :lmao: The parents of the two were making friends as well and were talking about how they would set-up e-mail for the kids so that they could stay in touch and how they would arrange for them to talk on webcam and phone etc. It was very funny to listen in on the types of conversation they thought these kids would have. :laughing: When it came time for the two to say goodbye it was time for the tears and the parents reassured them they would arrange to meet up in the future. Only at Disney! Wouldn't it be funny if they actually stayed in touch and ended up having a Disney Wedding since that is where it all began? :lovestruc

So how was Catelyn's Dad dealing with this part of the evening??? :rotfl:

Towards the end of the show I saw a giant shape scurrying across the steps towards where we were sitting, I had a vivid flashback of the rat at the Magic Kingdom trying to climb up my leg. "Luckily" it was just a mutant bug. I kept my feet off the ground for the rest of the show and rested them on the back edge of the bench in front of us. No way I was letting any sort of rodent or creepy crawly on me again. :scared1:

I thought you were going to say you saw Rosie doing her torpedo act!!! That would be scarier than any rodent or bug!!! :rotfl2:

In order to beat the exit crowds we made a run for it before the show had officially ended. While everybody else remained in their seats to watch the boat float by we were booking it up the stadium stairs. We were at the top and in front of most of the crowd by the time the show was "finished".

Mom was sound asleep when we got back to the room and somehow she did not wake up while we got ready for bed. I set the wake-up call for 7am and then settled down for another restless night of sleep.

So ends Day 2 of our vacation, only 13 days left![/SIZE][/COLOR]

When Matt and Jon were about 7 and 4 we went to Disney and at breakfast at CM there was a little girl named Rachel from Baton Rouge at the next table, sitting almost beside Matt. They were the same age and we have pictures of her with the boys. We always wonder what Ms. Rachel is doing now, but sadly there was none of the new technology for them to keep in touch....... :rolleyes1

englishrose47
06-25-2011, 10:10 AM
:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: Pleeeaaasseeee make it stop!!!!

Are you saying I am NOT Royalty!!!!:snooty::rolleyes1:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-25-2011, 10:10 AM
What a cute story about the two five year olds. It reminds me of the story a couple years ago where two engaged people found that they were in each others picture from a childhood WDW trip

I remember reading about that!

Okay I am all caught up and can't wait to read more. We leave in 11 days and your report is helping me get through the wait:goodvibes

Those 11 days are going to fly by!

Now THAT should be interesting......:rolleyes1
And with the Brothers Grimm??? :confused:

Depends on the day. :rolleyes1

When Matt and Jon were about 7 and 4 we went to Disney and at breakfast at CM there was a little girl named Rachel from Baton Rouge at the next table, sitting almost beside Matt. They were the same age and we have pictures of her with the boys. We always wonder what Ms. Rachel is doing now, but sadly there was none of the new technology for them to keep in touch....... :rolleyes1

I always wonder about what happened to some of my childhood friends, I have been able to reconnect with some but others I have no idea what their names were/would be now.

PopArtGal
06-25-2011, 11:18 AM
ok here I am. I am dedicating my day to reading your TR ;)

PopArtGal
06-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Your T-Rex meal looks delicious. I can't wait to try it out!

PopArtGal
06-25-2011, 12:14 PM
:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Ummm.. I think this was no accident....

Glad to see I'm not that only one who had that thought :rotfl2:

PopArtGal
06-25-2011, 12:18 PM
The Canadians on the board probably already know this but as of today we have a postal strike! While I respect people's rights to fair wages etc. I will be very upset if this delays my photopass cd and photobook! :guilty: It is a roaming strike so only one city/province will strike at a time so HOPEFULLY it won't have too big an impact. I just hope it gets resolved quickly for the sakes of all involved.

Tell me about it. We still have not received our Mickey mail because of that. Disney says that's its no problem at all. But I think they should have known better and send it with UPS or fedex, you know.

PopArtGal
06-25-2011, 07:18 PM
Starring Rolls cupcakes rock!

PopArtGal
06-25-2011, 07:23 PM
I made it to page 38. Now I want more hehe

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-26-2011, 01:17 AM
ok here I am. I am dedicating my day to reading your TR ;)

Your T-Rex meal looks delicious. I can't wait to try it out!

Do you have it planned for your July trip?

Tell me about it. We still have not received our Mickey mail because of that. Disney says that's its no problem at all. But I think they should have known better and send it with UPS or fedex, you know.

I saw in the Globe and Mail today that parliament has passed a bill forcing the workers back to work.

I made it to page 38. Now I want more hehe

:thumbsup2 I seem to be updating regularly on Monday, Wednesday and Friday although I think I have to slow down as the bandwidth for my photobucket account is getting eaten up quickly!

PopArtGal
06-26-2011, 01:21 AM
Yes, we have T-Rex planned...yippee!

lovethattink
06-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Your day at the studios looks great! The hat is lined up perfectly with your brother's head!

declansdad
06-26-2011, 08:38 AM
In my usual habit of reading more trips reports just before we go, I saw your tittle and it intrigued me. Seeing that you were also Canadian made it even better.

Enjoying the first day so far.

We too travel into the US to fly, usually driving between 3 to 5 hours to get much better pricing.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Your day at the studios looks great! The hat is lined up perfectly with your brother's head!

It was a good first day in the parks and we got everything done that we wanted to do aside from The Little Mermaid.
In my usual habit of reading more trips reports just before we go, I saw your tittle and it intrigued me. Seeing that you were also Canadian made it even better.

Enjoying the first day so far.

We too travel into the US to fly, usually driving between 3 to 5 hours to get much better pricing.

It's great to have another Canadian on board!

Yes, the savings you get from flying from the States is far too enticing to ignore. Flights from/in Canada are brutal. It kills me how much we pay every summer when we fly out to BC from Toronto or Ottawa, we have no choice though as our Dad lives too far away from the border to make Stateside flying viable.

FauntleroyFAN07
06-27-2011, 09:39 AM
I always wonder about what happened to some of my childhood friends, I have been able to reconnect with some but others I have no idea what their names were/would be now.
thats why im not on facebook, i have no idea what old friends names are, i only remmeber faces...i see people out and about in the community that i went to school with and they say hey dan, and so forth how you doing, ijust can resond with not bad "guy" how you been "bud"

i wouldnt even know how to find old friends.:laughing:

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-27-2011, 12:45 PM
May 13th

Our second park day arrived and we were off to the Magic Kingdom!

We were a little later leaving the room than I would have liked so I was concerned that we would not make rope drop.

We got a decent parking spot and made our way over to the TTC.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0904.jpg

The monorail was down for whatever reason so they were herding us all over to the ferry boats. Luckily one was just pulling up so we did not have to wait, I was still anxious about making rope drop.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0906.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0908.jpg

Love the Poly! I really hope to stay here some day.

There it is!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0913.jpg

We made it just in time for the rope drop ceremony, thank goodness!

Magic Kingdom Opening Ceremony (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWwl9XSznqE)

I love the Magic Kingdom opening ceremony, it is so much fun and the music is so catchy! "Good Morning, Good Morning!" All the other rope drop ceremonies are boring in comparison. The other day I was working the midnight shift at work and I got a call around 6am and I was greeted with this song by one of the university workers that has to check in with me every morning.

It was a bit funny when the mayor forgot where the family of the day was from. :laughing:

There were tons of people waiting to get into the park so it was slow moving once they started to let us in.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0918.jpg

The crowd quickly dispersed once it reached the hub. Now here is where I made my first mistake of the day. I should have insisted that we all get in line for Rapunzel right away as I KNEW how bad that line would be later. Well, I didn't and so we made our way over to Tomorrowland as per our usual routine.

First up was a ride on Buzz which was of course a walk-on at that time of the day.

My score

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0920.jpg

Erich's score

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0922.jpg

Apparently Mom didn't play, I forget her reason, maybe it was making her dizzy? I'm sure she will chime in and tell us.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0923.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0924.jpg

It was off to Space Mountain next but who should I spy with my little eye but something dressed in green! It was Chip and Dale in their space outfits!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0925.jpg

I had been wanting a picture of them ever since I started to see them pop up in people's trip reports.

Next it was Space Mountain. I was amazed that Alek and I were able to convince Erich to ride, it was a miracle! We had to swear to him that there were no big drops on the ride. Erich threatened us with physical harm if we were lying. :rolleyes: I think he will forever be traumatized by his first roller coaster ride on Volcano!

The ride was once again a walk-on.

Well Erich ended up liking it and suggested that we grab fastpasses for later! Looks like Alek and I escaped that beating that had been promised us. ;)

What to do next? How about a ride for Mom since the first two had been for us. :thumbsup2 The Peoplemover would do the trick, she had been wanting to go on that and we had never been on it before.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0931.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0942.jpg

It seemed like we were flying through the park. It was only 9:30 and I felt like we had already done lots and the park was still looking relatively empty.

We decided to do the Laugh Floor Comedy Club since we were in the area.

Alek and Erich were hoping that there would be some new jokes after three years.

Hmmm, are they plotting mischief?

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0944.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0949.jpg

Alek told me an incredibly inappropriate joke and said that I should text it in. I was sure that if I did we would get kicked out of the park. Sensing a theme here? ;)

The show was funny as usual but the jokes had not changed but three years without visiting made it tolerable. I think going more often would make it dull since the jokes are the same all the time.

Where to next?

Click here to continue

lovethattink
06-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Great pics once again! Everyone looks so intensely shooting. Love the Chip and Dale pic! Were they doing the dance party there?

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Great pics once again! Everyone looks so intensely shooting. Love the Chip and Dale pic! Were they doing the dance party there?

Nope, they were just out for pictures.

PlutosRHM55
06-27-2011, 01:02 PM
I love the opening show at MK! I don't know why, but it may be just because I was watching a video, but it seemed shorter than when I was last there. Hmmm... well I'm probably wrong so ignore me. Haha (: And though you didn't exactly do what you think you should've done at Rope Drop, I still agree with your decision to go to Tomorrowland. A lot of the popular rides are there and so it gets packed, so it was good you went on them first. :thumbsup2 And I love your picture with Chip & Dale. Can't wait to read about your next endeavors in the most Magical of Kingdoms :teeth:

CandleontheWater
06-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Do you know I have never once caught the rope drop ceremony at MK? I've made it to all the others, but there is something about our MK days that brings out my inner turtle. Maybe some day!

It looks like you are having a very productive morning! I'm glad you enjoyed the laugh floor, we haven't been in a while but I find it funny in a corny sort of way. I've even had a joke picked for the show, but I won't share it because it is WAY too corny!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-27-2011, 02:22 PM
I love the opening show at MK! I don't know why, but it may be just because I was watching a video, but it seemed shorter than when I was last there. Hmmm... well I'm probably wrong so ignore me. Haha (: And though you didn't exactly do what you think you should've done at Rope Drop, I still agree with your decision to go to Tomorrowland. A lot of the popular rides are there and so it gets packed, so it was good you went on them first. :thumbsup2 And I love your picture with Chip & Dale. Can't wait to read about your next endeavors in the most Magical of Kingdoms :teeth:

If it weren't for Rapunzel Tomorrowland would have been the way to go, oh well!

Do you know I have never once caught the rope drop ceremony at MK? I've made it to all the others, but there is something about our MK days that brings out my inner turtle. Maybe some day!

It looks like you are having a very productive morning! I'm glad you enjoyed the laugh floor, we haven't been in a while but I find it funny in a corny sort of way. I've even had a joke picked for the show, but I won't share it because it is WAY too corny!

Come on, don't be a tease, you have to share your joke!

oOJulieOo
06-27-2011, 03:13 PM
I, too, am tired of the jokes in Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. Time to change it up some!

You did have a super productive morning. Once again, I'm amazed that the four of you can get from point A to point B so efficiently. That would NOT be possible with my family!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-27-2011, 03:54 PM
I, too, am tired of the jokes in Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. Time to change it up some!

You did have a super productive morning. Once again, I'm amazed that the four of you can get from point A to point B so efficiently. That would NOT be possible with my family!

Just wait until you hear how productive we were on Star Wars Weekends! :laughing:

PopArtGal
06-27-2011, 04:57 PM
I still enjoy the Laugh Floor, but so don't want to be picked lol

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-27-2011, 05:27 PM
I still enjoy the Laugh Floor, but so don't want to be picked lol

I don't like getting picked for things either, I am very shy.

ddstratton
06-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Sounds like a good morning so far!!

kaysmommie
06-27-2011, 07:12 PM
I love your trip report so far. Your CSR pics are beautiful. Also :rotfl2: about your brothers in Laugh Floor telling you to text that joke. I hope one of you got picked for show. Kaylee got picked in November. it was a highlight of her trip. Waiting for more popcorn::

declansdad
06-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Hope you get to stay at the Poly someday. We had three days there a few years ago and it was fantastic. Of course the upgrade to Concierge did help with that. :rotfl2:

emmaca
06-27-2011, 07:58 PM
May 13th

Our second park day arrived and we were off to the Magic Kingdom!

This was actually the first time that we did not make the Magic Kingdom the first stop of the trip. Not really sure why... In past years, we had always hit MK first, it just set the mood for each of the trips.

We were a little later leaving the room than I would have liked so I was concerned that we would not make rope drop.

I guess we left a bit later, because we all slept in a bit... I had a hard day the day before with the heat and humidity and was not moving real well, and crashed as soon as we got back to the room, and I slept through pool time, and the kids leaving. I was out like a light until the next morning. Sleep is the best medicine.

The monorail was down for whatever reason so they were herding us all over to the ferry boats. Luckily one was just pulling up so we did not have to wait, I was still anxious about making rope drop.

I was quite happy to be taking the ferry, as I love the water and being on the water, it was nice that the wait was not long,basically walk on.

Love the Poly! I really hope to stay here some day.

Some day Lessa... the Poly is even the boys #1 choice to stay at when we go back.

There it is!

And yes, believe it or not there was not one tear in my eye, as in past visits, I guess this was because we did not make this our first stop on the trip.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0913.jpg

I love the Magic Kingdom opening ceremony, it is so much fun and the music is so catchy! "Good Morning, Good Morning!" All the other rope drop ceremonies are boring in comparison. The other day I was working the midnight shift at work and I got a call around 6am and I was greeted with this song by one of the university workers that has to check in with me every morning.

Yes, and Lessa was singing this tune just the other day, which prompted me to check the trip report, as why else would Lessa be sing this song?,

There were tons of people waiting to get into the park so it was slow moving once they started to let us in.

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0918.jpg

I had never seen it that busy first thing in the morning, it was crazy!

First up was a ride on Buzz which was of course a walk-on at that time of the day.

Apparently Mom didn't play, I forget her reason, maybe it was making her dizzy? I'm sure she will chime in and tell us.

No, I didn't play, part of the problem I have with MS is, right side weakness and repetitive movements, can be very painful, and as such I do not do well on this game, I only wish that guns were like Toy Story's, then I am smokin'

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0923.jpg

It was off to Space Mountain next but who should I spy with my little eye but something dressed in green! It was Chip and Dale in their space outfits!

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu313/lifelongdreamer/WDW%202011/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0925.jpg

What to do next? How about a ride for Mom since the first two had been for us. :thumbsup2 The Peoplemover would do the trick, she had been wanting to go on that and we had never been on it before.

As for the peoplemover, our plan was to ride rides that we had not been on before, I thought I would go on the ride while the kids were on Space Mountain, but was I asked to wait, so they could go on as well. So I found a nice spot in the shade and waited.

Hmmm, are they plotting mischief?

Hmmmm , I wonder

Where to next?

:surfweb:

YukiPhnx
06-27-2011, 09:39 PM
You guys had a great start to your morning! It's so weird to see Beth just sitting there in her photo while everybody else is working hard to get lots of points...

Glad you made it in time for the rope drop show! I LOOOVE hearing it too. Mk isn't my favourite park, but they for sure have the best show. AK comes in 2nd. The others can't compare.

englishrose47
06-27-2011, 10:23 PM
I don't like getting picked for things either, I am very shy.

Me too :rolleyes1;)

Loved the update !!People Mover is on my list for Judy and kids as they have never done it !!

teachermommy78
06-27-2011, 10:26 PM
the day is starting off good, it seems! Well, except for the rapunzel teaser. I am at Disney now. My husband was picked at monsters Inc. yesterday. How embarrassing! :lmao: He was the one the monster was flirting with and then serenaded. Of course, then they got me in the shot and said we could double date. I wanted to crawl under my chair';)

YukiPhnx
06-27-2011, 10:53 PM
the day is starting off good, it seems! Well, except for the rapunzel teaser. I am at Disney now. My husband was picked at monsters Inc. yesterday. How embarrassing! :lmao: He was the one the monster was flirting with and then serenaded. Of course, then they got me in the shot and said we could double date. I wanted to crawl under my chair';)

Haha, that's hilarious! What a memory!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Sounds like a good morning so far!!

:thumbsup2

I love your trip report so far. Your CSR pics are beautiful. Also :rotfl2: about your brothers in Laugh Floor telling you to text that joke. I hope one of you got picked for show. Kaylee got picked in November. it was a highlight of her trip. Waiting for more popcorn::

I am sure they would have loved getting picked, they seem to mostly focus on kids though. :rolleyes:

Hope you get to stay at the Poly someday. We had three days there a few years ago and it was fantastic. Of course the upgrade to Concierge did help with that. :rotfl2:

I am sure we will. The next family trip we will probably stay at the Poly or at Beach Club.

You guys had a great start to your morning! It's so weird to see Beth just sitting there in her photo while everybody else is working hard to get lots of points...

Glad you made it in time for the rope drop show! I LOOOVE hearing it too. Mk isn't my favourite park, but they for sure have the best show. AK comes in 2nd. The others can't compare.

Not my favourite park either, my favs are 1)Epcot 2)Magic Kingdom 3)Animal Kingdom 4)Hollywood Studios.

Me too :rolleyes1;)

Loved the update !!People Mover is on my list for Judy and kids as they have never done it !!

Somehow I can not imagine you being shy Rosie. I have met you after all. ;)

:laughing: What a great memory and story to tell. :thumbsup2

pinkxray
06-28-2011, 06:57 AM
We were finally able to see the MK opening show this year. I love the song, it is very catchy. I thought the show was very cute too.

Nothing like making rope drop to hit Buzz first thing. :laughing:

We have still never seen Laugh Floor. I always forget about it for some reason.

englishrose47
06-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Samantha was picked back in 2007 and they asked where she lived she said "Niagara Falls" and they asked her if she was wet:rotfl2:

mickeyfan71
06-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Looks like a great start of the day! I love Laugh Floor! I always hope they pick my hubby to be "that guy"! I'm like you-shy and do not want to get picked!:eek:

PirateKate
06-28-2011, 01:55 PM
I've always heard that you only get picked at the Laugh Floor if you are sitting in front of a lamp. We haven't been to the Laugh Floor in years, so I haven't really tested it. :confused3

The rope drop show at MK looks like it would be really fun. I've never seen it in person. It looks like a very productive morning so far. :thumbsup2

PopArtGal
06-28-2011, 02:08 PM
I love the Magic Kindgom ceremony. There is a short version and a long version. The long version is on my you tube. Let me watch your video to see which one you got.

PopArtGal
06-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Looks like the long version ;)

wdwgirl03
06-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Ahh, the MK opening show. Gotta love it. :goodvibes You should've gone to get in line for Rapunzel. ;) It was an awesome meet!

I always get a kick out of the Laugh Floor. Even though the jokes are the same, the people aren't and they can make it quite entertaining. :rotfl:

All7OfUs
06-28-2011, 08:22 PM
I like Laugh Floor mostly because I am too old to remember the jokes from the year before- so they're all new to me. :lmao::lmao:

I don't think you had any worry of getting to RD on time- don't you just love that show?? So cute and fun! I do wish they still used confetti though.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-29-2011, 12:27 AM
We were finally able to see the MK opening show this year. I love the song, it is very catchy. I thought the show was very cute too.

Nothing like making rope drop to hit Buzz first thing. :laughing:

We have still never seen Laugh Floor. I always forget about it for some reason.

It is catchy, I am humming it right now.

Yep, everybody knows that Buzz has the longest lines, got to get there first! ;)

Samantha was picked back in 2007 and they asked where she lived she said "Niagara Falls" and they asked her if she was wet:rotfl2:

Looks like a great start of the day! I love Laugh Floor! I always hope they pick my hubby to be "that guy"! I'm like you-shy and do not want to get picked!:eek:

I am sure Alek and Erich would love it if they got picked.

I've always heard that you only get picked at the Laugh Floor if you are sitting in front of a lamp. We haven't been to the Laugh Floor in years, so I haven't really tested it. :confused3

The rope drop show at MK looks like it would be really fun. I've never seen it in person. It looks like a very productive morning so far. :thumbsup2

I have also heard that about the lamps.

I love the Magic Kindgom ceremony. There is a short version and a long version. The long version is on my you tube. Let me watch your video to see which one you got.

Looks like the long version ;)

Ahh, the MK opening show. Gotta love it. :goodvibes You should've gone to get in line for Rapunzel. ;) It was an awesome meet!

I always get a kick out of the Laugh Floor. Even though the jokes are the same, the people aren't and they can make it quite entertaining. :rotfl:

I know, I was kicking myself for not going to Rapunzel first, such a rookie mistake!

I like Laugh Floor mostly because I am too old to remember the jokes from the year before- so they're all new to me. :lmao::lmao:

:lmao: Come on, you are not old!

lbuzz52
06-29-2011, 01:30 AM
Id love to see that rope drop show!

I hope you got to see Rapunzel, although I have a feeling it wasn't on that day. Her line was always so crazy!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-29-2011, 05:40 AM
Id love to see that rope drop show!

I hope you got to see Rapunzel, although I have a feeling it wasn't on that day. Her line was always so crazy!

I don't know why I didn't go to Rapunzel first as I had been reading for months about how quickly the lines built up, usually my park touring plans are perfect!

FauntleroyFAN07
06-29-2011, 09:38 AM
:lmao: Come on, you are not old!
some people will say anything to keep a reader.
:rotfl2:

marvali
06-29-2011, 10:30 AM
I don't like getting picked for things either, I am very shy.Wait! Whaattt???
Me too :rolleyes1;)Well okay, I guess relatively speaking you are shy.........Lessa!!! :lmao:
some people will say anything to keep a reader. :rotfl2:
And even spell it correctly so their readers can, well..........READ IT!!! :confused:

FauntleroyFAN07
06-29-2011, 11:16 AM
And even spell it correctly so their readers can, well..........READ IT!!! :confused:
whats up with that,

spelling.
:sad2:
its overrated.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-29-2011, 03:00 PM
May 13th continued

After Laugh Floor we left Tomorrowland as we had done everything we wanted to do at that time. Alek and Erich had no interest in the Carousel of Progress or Astro Orbiter despite never having been on them. Mom kept urging us to go on the Tomorrowland Speedway, no thank you!

Our next destination: The Tea Cups!

We had to stop for a picture with this cute little guy.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0950.jpg

As is clearly shown in this picture Alek and Erich get their mischievous gene from Mom. ;)

In the past I have always gone on this ride with Alek and Erich but the last time I did they twirled that cup so fast that I felt sick for hours afterward. I did not wish to spend the whole day feeling sick so it was decided that Alek and Erich would ride alone and I would ride with Mom, Mom made me promise that I would not spin the cup, I think she missed the point of why I was not riding with Alek and Erich. :rolleyes:

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0952.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0953.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0954.jpg

Mom was very excited to be on this ride (I think she may kill me for posting this picture!) :laughing:

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0955.jpg

That's better

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0956.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0958.jpg

Mom and I survived the ride without getting sick, huzzah!

After that it was time for a bathroom break. While waiting for the others I popped over to check out how long the Rapunzel line was and it was enormous as I suspected it would be due to our not going there first. Lesson learned.

The others joined me and we made our way up the path that runs on the side of the castle.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0964.jpg

As we entered Fantasyland Alek and Erich saw some young beauties that had them absolutely dazzled, they knew that they absolutely had to meet them, they could not pass up such an opportunity.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2462.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2463.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2464.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2465.jpg

How could they pass up such beauty?

There were quite a few others waiting to speak with them as well but The Fairy Godmother who was passing by approached us and assured them that the two ladies were always happy to meet eligible young men.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0966.jpg

Soon Alek and Erich had their opportunity to pay their addresses to the chosen ladies. They decided that inviting them to the next ball would be an appropriate first step in their courtship. They both seemed very pleased by the attention although they were not sure that their mother would approve of their being courted by a pirate. Alek assured them that he would take her on as well. ;)

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0967.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0968.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0969.jpg

Luckily for you all we captured this special moment on video.

Alek and Erich go courting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9F1IhUSF2M)

After Alek and Erich secured their dates we moved on to the Sword in the Stone. Alek and Erich wanted to show off their manliness to their dates.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0970.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0971.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0972.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0973.jpg

Click here to continue

PopArtGal
06-29-2011, 03:05 PM
hahaha you gotta love the stepsisters

UGAFan0829
06-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Oh my goodness! The step-sister interaction had me rolling. That look that Drizella had was hysterical! I'm so glad that you got that on video! I think that they are two of the funnest characters, even though they are a little evil!! I love it!

oOJulieOo
06-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Hahaha! Those step-sisters are hilarious! Thanks for sharing that video!

NeverlandClub23
06-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Just found your TR and I have A LOT to catch up on! :goodvibes Off for a little reading! :surfweb: The first 3 pages look great! :laughing:

PlutosRHM55
06-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Oh the stepsisters... I really want to meet them now! I've heard about so many funny interactions. I've got a pirate ring prepared for that moment LOL Moving on... I was anticipating your brothers meeting them through most of this TR. I love how they try flirting with Lady Tremaine as well Hahaha Good for them for taking Fairy Godmother's advice :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

declansdad
06-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Funny video! We only saw the Step Mother at Christmas but she was excellent.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-29-2011, 04:07 PM
hahaha you gotta love the stepsisters

Oh my goodness! The step-sister interaction had me rolling. That look that Drizella had was hysterical! I'm so glad that you got that on video! I think that they are two of the funnest characters, even though they are a little evil!! I love it!

I was really glad that they were out as I was hoping to see them. I wish the audio on the video was a bit better so we could hear everything clearly.

Hahaha! Those step-sisters are hilarious! Thanks for sharing that video!

I was really looking forward to this update as we were all dying with laughter after that interaction.

Just found your TR and I have A LOT to catch up on! :goodvibes Off for a little reading! :surfweb: The first 3 pages look great! :laughing:

Welcome!

Oh the stepsisters... I really want to meet them now! I've heard about so many funny interactions. I've got a pirate ring prepared for that moment LOL Moving on... I was anticipating your brothers meeting them through most of this TR. I love how they try flirting with Lady Tremaine as well Hahaha Good for them for taking Fairy Godmother's advice :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Well, they didn't want Lady Tremaine to feel left out! :laughing:

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Funny video! We only saw the Step Mother at Christmas but she was excellent.

Hmmm, that is strange, I have never heard of her being out by herself.

lbuzz52
06-29-2011, 04:39 PM
what a fun character interaction! how nice of your brothers to include Lady Tremaine:lmao:

YukiPhnx
06-29-2011, 05:01 PM
So you went on the teacups with NO SPINNING? Does the cup spin just a little?

Your brothers are so funny. I've never met the step sisters, but I can't wait to! Was the line long?

Oh dear...did you EVER get to meet Rapunzel? That line must be 293820918 hours long.

Marshay
06-29-2011, 05:33 PM
All caught up!

DD2 loved seeing the pics of the mouse coming out of the tea pot. We went to Six Flags this past weekend and she kept saying, where's the mouse? So it was perfect timing to see your pics!

DD5 loved the Fantasmic videos. She hasn't seen that show yet so now after seeing your videos, she wants to.

Cupcake looked delicious!

Sorry to hear mom wasn't feeling too well.

That Belle did look a bit awkward in the photos.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-29-2011, 05:57 PM
what a fun character interaction! how nice of your brothers to include Lady Tremaine:lmao:

Yes, one of the best interactions we have had on any of our trips.

So you went on the teacups with NO SPINNING? Does the cup spin just a little?

Your brothers are so funny. I've never met the step sisters, but I can't wait to! Was the line long?

Oh dear...did you EVER get to meet Rapunzel? That line must be 293820918 hours long.

I spun the cup a little bit but not enough to make us sick. Alek and Erich like to spin the cup as fast as possible and I knew I wouldn't be able to handle that.

Going by the time stamps it looks like we waited ten minutes or so to meet them.

Rapunzel, I can't say if we did or not, that would be giving away the TR! ;)

All caught up!

DD2 loved seeing the pics of the mouse coming out of the tea pot. We went to Six Flags this past weekend and she kept saying, where's the mouse? So it was perfect timing to see your pics!

DD5 loved the Fantasmic videos. She hasn't seen that show yet so now after seeing your videos, she wants to.

Cupcake looked delicious!

Sorry to hear mom wasn't feeling too well.

That Belle did look a bit awkward in the photos.

Fantasmic is great, hopefully she gets to see it in person on your next trip. :goodvibes

YukiPhnx
06-29-2011, 07:01 PM
I spun the cup a little bit but not enough to make us sick. Alek and Erich like to spin the cup as fast as possible and I knew I wouldn't be able to handle that.

Going by the time stamps it looks like we waited ten minutes or so to meet them.

Rapunzel, I can't say if we did or not, that would be giving away the TR! ;)

Haha, spinning as fast as possible sounds like me. Unfortunately, you can't spin the buckets at Canada's Wonderland, but it goes pretty fast anyways, so Andrew and I were pretty satisfied. I can't wait to get on the Mad Teacups.

CandleontheWater
06-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Your brothers were hilarious with the ugly stepsisters! What a fun character meet and greet!

The photos with the sword were fun too, but I can't believe your brother put his mouth on it! Does he realize how many people touch that- gross! :scared1:

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Haha, spinning as fast as possible sounds like me. Unfortunately, you can't spin the buckets at Canada's Wonderland, but it goes pretty fast anyways, so Andrew and I were pretty satisfied. I can't wait to get on the Mad Teacups.

:laughing: Back in my "younger" days I also would have loved spinning as fast as possible, I can't handle it now, makes me sick.

Your brothers were hilarious with the ugly stepsisters! What a fun character meet and greet!

The photos with the sword were fun too, but I can't believe your brother put his mouth on it! Does he realize how many people touch that- gross! :scared1:

:laughing: I don't know if his mouth actually touched it, I think he probably just posed to make it look like that.

ZFamily5
06-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Joining in! A little late, but better than never I guess! :laughing:

Marshay
06-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Forgot to mention the sword -- I would have died laughing if it actually rose up when one of your brothers lifted it!

The boy in front of us was able to lift the sword and the look on his face was absolutely priceless!!

of course then DD5 wanted to know why she couldn't pull it out!!:confused3

Actually, my first thought was if the boy in front of us did it, then there is no way we are going to be able to do it -- boo!! Only 1 away from doing it!;):lmao:

englishrose47
06-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Loved the Step Sisters Meet !! What a perfect match for the Bros !!!!:rotfl2:When we met them at 1900 Judy had no idea they were supposed to be RUDE and said " Aren't Disney People supposed to be Nice" I cracked up and explained !!!:lmao:Her reaction made the evening !!!:lmao:

Mysteria
06-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Teacups :scared1: You are brave. I can't do even gentle spinning. Give me a crazy coaster and I'm good to go but the teacups are a big no for me. :rotfl:

Great character interaction. Glad you got it on video!

I'm no germaphobe but please tell me it just looks like the sword is in his mouth. :sick: :laughing:

Mysteria
06-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Nothing to see here. DIS hiccup. :thumbsup2

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-30-2011, 12:30 AM
Joining in! A little late, but better than never I guess! :laughing:

Welcome! Happy to see you here. :goodvibes

Forgot to mention the sword -- I would have died laughing if it actually rose up when one of your brothers lifted it!

The boy in front of us was able to lift the sword and the look on his face was absolutely priceless!!

of course then DD5 wanted to know why she couldn't pull it out!!:confused3

Actually, my first thought was if the boy in front of us did it, then there is no way we are going to be able to do it -- boo!! Only 1 away from doing it!;):lmao:

I agree, it would have been hilarious if the sword came out for one of them, they would have gone flying. :rotfl: They probably only release the sword for kids. :sad2:

Loved the Step Sisters Meet !! What a perfect match for the Bros !!!!:rotfl2:When we met them at 1900 Judy had no idea they were supposed to be RUDE and said " Aren't Disney People supposed to be Nice" I cracked up and explained !!!:lmao:Her reaction made the evening !!!:lmao:

:laughing: Has she never seen Cinderella?

Teacups :scared1: You are brave. I can't do even gentle spinning. Give me a crazy coaster and I'm good to go but the teacups are a big no for me. :rotfl:

Great character interaction. Glad you got it on video!

I'm no germaphobe but please tell me it just looks like the sword is in his mouth. :sick: :laughing:

I guess we will have to wait and see if Erich answers this. I'm pretty sure, at least I hope, that he did not actually let the sword touch his mouth.

marvali
06-30-2011, 06:40 AM
:laughing: Back in my "younger" days I also would have loved spinning as fast as possible, I can't handle it now, makes me sick.
Yes, I have to go with that same comment, although my "younger" days would have to be in terms of years instead!!! :rotfl: I can't handle the really fast spinning like that anymore. Messes up the rest of my day for way to long. I guess it is the seeing everything zoom by since I don't even notice it on Mission Space. :confused3

Love the latest update, and it is good to see the Brothers Grimm actually have that gentlemanly, romantic side to them.......at least when they meet the right women!!! :rotfl2:

ddstratton
06-30-2011, 07:34 AM
Your time with the step-sisters looked like so much FUN! We are hoping to see them on our next trip.

mickeyfan71
06-30-2011, 07:52 AM
You are braver that me cause just the thought of the teacups and I get nauseated! :sick: Love the interaction with the step sisters and Lady Tremaine-I hope we get to see them in October so I can introduce my 17 year old son to them! :lmao:

jcc0621
06-30-2011, 08:27 AM
. Alek and Erich had no interest in the Carousel of Progress

Mom kept urging us to go on the Tomorrowland Speedway, no thank you!

What? You didn't want the wind messing up your hair as you "speed" around the track;)

In the past I have always gone on this ride with Alek and Erich but the last time I did they twirled that cup so fast that I felt sick for hours afterward.

THis happened to me the last time I rode too. That is a Jim and Jimmy guy time ride from now on:)

IAs we entered Fantasyland Alek and Erich saw some young beauties that had them absolutely dazzled, they knew that they absolutely had to meet them, they could not pass up such an opportunity.

The Evil Step Family is a hoot!:lmao:

Luckily for you all we captured this special moment on video.

Alek and Erich go courting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9F1IhUSF2M)

Can't watch at work:mad: Will have to check it out tonight!

FauntleroyFAN07
06-30-2011, 10:33 AM
i havent been on the tea cups in years....i wonder if parker will want to go next time?

do you get dizzy at all when you just let the ride take you around and dont spin?

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Yes, I have to go with that same comment, although my "younger" days would have to be in terms of years instead!!! :rotfl: I can't handle the really fast spinning like that anymore. Messes up the rest of my day for way to long. I guess it is the seeing everything zoom by since I don't even notice it on Mission Space. :confused3

Love the latest update, and it is good to see the Brothers Grimm actually have that gentlemanly, romantic side to them.......at least when they meet the right women!!! :rotfl2:

My motion sickness is really strange, some times I can handle jerkiness and spinning, other times I can't. I also get sick playing video games, I think it is the camera angles on the new systems, makes me ill after about 30 minutes.

Yes, Alek and Erich can be gallant and gentlemanly when they wish to be which is not often! :laughing:

Your time with the step-sisters looked like so much FUN! We are hoping to see them on our next trip.

I was so happy they were out while we were in the area, such a fun group of characters.

You are braver that me cause just the thought of the teacups and I get nauseated! :sick: Love the interaction with the step sisters and Lady Tremaine-I hope we get to see them in October so I can introduce my 17 year old son to them! :lmao:

:laughing: Don't forget to take a video of the meet! You should have him bring a toy ring along and propose to one of the sisters. ;)

i havent been on the tea cups in years....i wonder if parker will want to go next time?

do you get dizzy at all when you just let the ride take you around and dont spin?

I bet Parker would love the tea cups!

Nope, no dizziness if I just sit there and enjoy the regular motion of the ride.

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-30-2011, 04:39 PM

What? You didn't want the wind messing up your hair as you "speed" around the track;)

Yep, that was my exact reason. ;)

THis happened to me the last time I rode too. That is a Jim and Jimmy guy time ride from now on:)

It makes me sad that I can't handle it anymore as I used to love spinning on the teacups.

Can't watch at work:mad: Will have to check it out tonight!

Disneyland_Mama
06-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Great video! I love the stepsisters and Lady Tremaine.... they always make for great comedy.

I hate spinning on the teacups, too. I remember going on with friends at DLR and they spun it so fast I had to go home because I was so sick.:sad2:

OMG, I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.... did your brother actually put his mouth on the sword???!!!:eek: :scared::crazy2:

wdwgirl03
06-30-2011, 06:10 PM
haha, love the video with the stepsisters! I don't think we've ever met them before but it seems like everyone has a fun interaction with them.

lovethattink
06-30-2011, 06:12 PM
That video and pics of your brothers with the step sisters are great!

Lifelong_Dreamer
06-30-2011, 11:16 PM
Great video! I love the stepsisters and Lady Tremaine.... they always make for great comedy.

I hate spinning on the teacups, too. I remember going on with friends at DLR and they spun it so fast I had to go home because I was so sick.:sad2:

OMG, I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.... did your brother actually put his mouth on the sword???!!!:eek: :scared::crazy2:

:laughing: Erich seems to be getting a big reaction from that picture. I'll have to tell him he has to come on and post on whether or not his mouth actually touched the sword. :rotfl:

haha, love the video with the stepsisters! I don't think we've ever met them before but it seems like everyone has a fun interaction with them.

This was the first time that I have seen them in the parks, they were lots of fun!

That video and pics of your brothers with the step sisters are great!

dtr_angel
07-01-2011, 08:48 AM
All caught up on your TR! :banana:

KatMark
07-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Lessa, great updates! You got a lot accomplished in the morning at MK. I'm with you...I get sick if I "spin" too much on those Tea Cups. We've seen Laugh Floor twice...and that was enough for us.

Love the photos of your brothers with the Evil Stepsisters. They are a hoot!

mickeyfan71
07-01-2011, 02:46 PM
:laughing: Don't forget to take a video of the meet! You should have him bring a toy ring along and propose to one of the sisters. ;)

:lmao: I will have to remember that! He would probably do it and love every minute of it!

YukiPhnx
07-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Happy Canada day Lessa, Beth, Erich and Alek!!!!

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-01-2011, 10:33 PM
All caught up on your TR! :banana:

Lessa, great updates! You got a lot accomplished in the morning at MK. I'm with you...I get sick if I "spin" too much on those Tea Cups. We've seen Laugh Floor twice...and that was enough for us.

Love the photos of your brothers with the Evil Stepsisters. They are a hoot!

Yeah, I don't know if we will go back to Laugh Floor on our next trip, it will probably be a once in awhile type of thing.

:lmao: I will have to remember that! He would probably do it and love every minute of it!

Happy Canada day Lessa, Beth, Erich and Alek!!!!

Thanks Yuki! Hope you had a great day!

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-02-2011, 12:42 AM
May 13th continued

After Alek and Erich failed to pull the sword from the stone we decided to go see Philharmagic. I love this show! It is one of my favourite attractions at WDW. Remember how the tea cups make me motion sick? Well this show has a tendency to do that as well but only during the Aladdin scene and it is not nearly as bad as spinning on the tea cups so I put up with it. Does this happen to anybody else or am I just weird? :confused3

After Philharmagic I decided to grab some lunch. We had a big dinner planned for the evening but I knew I needed something in my stomach to keep me going until then, the others opted to not get a meal. Since we were in Fantasyland we headed into Pinocchio's which had just opened. Erich took this picture on the way.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2467.jpg

I ordered the pizza and caesar salad combo. I was surprised to see that all that came in the bowl was the lettuce. I figured out that the salad toppings were off to the side with the cutlery, I was very confused until I figured that out.

I think Alek and Erich did ended up splitting some fries.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0974.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0975.jpg

The salad before I put anything on it.

The food was mediocre. I was disappointed as I had enjoyed the pizza there in the past. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. The service was also pretty slow considering there were not that many customers yet. We sat at our usual table and watched the Small World boats float by.

Belly full it was time to go back out and have some more fun!

Next stop was The Haunted Mansion! Alek and Erich had no interest in riding any of the Fantasyland rides so we skipped over them. I had wanted to ride Snow White one last time before it closed but I figured I could just go on it late in the trip. :sad2:

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0977.jpg

The new line was very confusing. I knew that they had expanded the queue and made it interactive but what I didn't realize is that you had the option of not going through the interactive section and that you could cut past most of the line by going through the old line. When we came to the part of the line where you could go either way we went where everybody else was going since we weren't sure if we were allowed to take the shorter route. It wasn't a long line anyways and it was fun to see the new stuff.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0978.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0979.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0980.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0981.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0982.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0983.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0984.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0985.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0987.jpg

If you touched the different instruments they would play music.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0988.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0989.jpg

I felt rather rushed by the other people in line thus the poor photos.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0990.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0991.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0992.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0993.jpg

The ride was fun, I rode with Mom and Alek and Erich rode together. They were their usual embarrassing selves and we could hear them "screaming" during the ride. I apologize if you were one of the people in ride vehicles near us! :flower3:

The new hitchiking ghosts were also a fun addition!

It was not even noon yet and we were already half "done" the park!

Click here to continue

pinkxray
07-02-2011, 06:25 AM
Great updates:thumbsup2

I love the idea of one of your brothers bringing a fake ring to purpose to a stepsister. Have you been to 1900 Park Fare? It seems like a good option for your family.

Great HM pictures. We went through the new area, but it is hard to check out with no wait. Everyone kind of pushes you through.

Any new vacation plans in the works? I have had some major Disney blues lately and can't wait until I can finally get something decided on. Even if I ticker is 2 years away I will feel better when I know for sure.

teachermommy78
07-02-2011, 07:49 AM
I can't wait to see what your dinner is for the evening!!! We were on Philharmagic yesterday and got stuck in the first row. It was poor planning on our part because we allowed ourselves to be pushed to the way right side, since we were at the front of the line. Then when everyone rushed in, we had to round a little corner to get through the doors. There were 11 of us, so we had to head to the front. I didn't know it would be front row! The aladdin part definitely made me sick sitting there, whereas the week before, I was fine.

Also, just an FYI for those afraid of getting picked at the Laugh Factory...the lamps DON'T MATTER! :lmao: I ran to a non lamp row on the end yesterday. My MIL was at a lamp seat and quickly rushed to me and sat next to me at a non lamp seat. She was picked for the "telepathetic" part. :rotfl: She was so embarrassed. Of course, the rest of us were laughing really hard. So lamp, or no lamp, you can get picked!!!:laughing:

englishrose47
07-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Great Update Lessa !! I can't wait to ride the New HM!!!Steph and I are the only ones who love this attraction ,the others are all chickens !!!

PopArtGal
07-02-2011, 10:24 AM
I can't wait to see the new queue! HM is one of my faves!

KatMark
07-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Great update. Thanks for the hint on the lines at the Haunted Mansion, although I know DH will want to go through all the new stuff too.

marvali
07-02-2011, 11:08 AM
There's a new queue at HM??? :confused3 Why wasn't I told!?! :mad:

Mysteria
07-02-2011, 01:28 PM
I missed the new line news too. :confused3 Really looking forward to seeing it now.

DawnMaree
07-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Sorry took me so long to catch up. So much going on here lately. Loved all the updates.

My favorite is those step-sisters. Can't wait to finally get to meet them.

Oh, and a close second is your mom pole dancing... :rolleyes1

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Great updates:thumbsup2

I love the idea of one of your brothers bringing a fake ring to purpose to a stepsister. Have you been to 1900 Park Fare? It seems like a good option for your family.

Great HM pictures. We went through the new area, but it is hard to check out with no wait. Everyone kind of pushes you through.

Any new vacation plans in the works? I have had some major Disney blues lately and can't wait until I can finally get something decided on. Even if I ticker is 2 years away I will feel better when I know for sure.

We have eaten at 1900 but that was before the stepsisters were there, back then it was Cinderella, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother and Suzy and Perla (mice). I would love to go back again but it is expensive!

Vacation plans, maybe! :rolleyes1 I may have put a deposit down on a Western Caribbean cruise for next May. ;) Of course those plans may change if Erich lands the Disney internship which runs from July-December.

I can't wait to see what your dinner is for the evening!!! We were on Philharmagic yesterday and got stuck in the first row. It was poor planning on our part because we allowed ourselves to be pushed to the way right side, since we were at the front of the line. Then when everyone rushed in, we had to round a little corner to get through the doors. There were 11 of us, so we had to head to the front. I didn't know it would be front row! The aladdin part definitely made me sick sitting there, whereas the week before, I was fine.

Also, just an FYI for those afraid of getting picked at the Laugh Factory...the lamps DON'T MATTER! :lmao: I ran to a non lamp row on the end yesterday. My MIL was at a lamp seat and quickly rushed to me and sat next to me at a non lamp seat. She was picked for the "telepathetic" part. :rotfl: She was so embarrassed. Of course, the rest of us were laughing really hard. So lamp, or no lamp, you can get picked!!!:laughing:

Oh my gosh, I think I would actually throw up from the nausea if I had to sit that close!

Great Update Lessa !! I can't wait to ride the New HM!!!Steph and I are the only ones who love this attraction ,the others are all chickens !!!

:laughing: Nothing to be chicken about. Try showing them a video on YouTube of it. :thumbsup2

I can't wait to see the new queue! HM is one of my faves!

Great update. Thanks for the hint on the lines at the Haunted Mansion, although I know DH will want to go through all the new stuff too.

The new stuff is fun but it can make for a longer wait.

There's a new queue at HM??? :confused3 Why wasn't I told!?! :mad:

:laughing: Well now you have been! It seems Disney is all about the interactive queues now. Winnie the Pooh has a new line, Haunted Mansion, I think Soarin does as well.

I missed the new line news too. :confused3 Really looking forward to seeing it now.

It is fun to play around in so long as you don't have a bunch of people trying to hurry you along.

Sorry took me so long to catch up. So much going on here lately. Loved all the updates.

My favorite is those step-sisters. Can't wait to finally get to meet them.

Oh, and a close second is your mom pole dancing... :rolleyes1

I hope you get to see them on your trip, I look forward to hearing about it. :goodvibes

PlutosRHM55
07-02-2011, 06:01 PM
:thumbsup2 to going on PhilharMagic though you do get motion sickness from it. I love the 3D shows and I could never EVER miss them, but that's just me. And I'm sorry you're meal at Pinocchio's wasn't as great as you anticipated. At least you got to watch random people go on the happiest voyage that ever sailed. :) I really want to go on the new HM. I was there when the queue was getting rehabbed and so were the Hitchhiking Ghosts, and after missing them, I was hoping to go back soon enough to see the new effect. :goodvibes Can't wait to read about your adventures in the other half of the park! :mickeyjum

englishrose47
07-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Soarin has a new queue?????Details pleese !!!!!!

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Soarin has a new queue?????Details pleese !!!!!!

It is not really new, I just heard that they had added some interactive games into the queue. I don't know for sure as we were not in line long enough to notice or look for them. :confused3

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-02-2011, 07:02 PM
:thumbsup2 to going on PhilharMagic though you do get motion sickness from it. I love the 3D shows and I could never EVER miss them, but that's just me. And I'm sorry you're meal at Pinocchio's wasn't as great as you anticipated. At least you got to watch random people go on the happiest voyage that ever sailed. :) I really want to go on the new HM. I was there when the queue was getting rehabbed and so were the Hitchhiking Ghosts, and after missing them, I was hoping to go back soon enough to see the new effect. :goodvibes Can't wait to read about your adventures in the other half of the park! :mickeyjum

Hopefully you get to go back soon and go on the "new" Haunted Mansion.

englishrose47
07-02-2011, 07:12 PM
It is not really new, I just heard that they had added some interactive games into the queue. I don't know for sure as we were not in line long enough to notice or look for them. :confused3

I think I remember them from the stand bye line !!!I thought it was a whole new queue !!!

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-03-2011, 01:58 AM
I think I remember them from the stand bye line !!!I thought it was a whole new queue !!!

:laughing: Sorry to disappoint!

oOJulieOo
07-03-2011, 02:07 PM
OMG! I would have been SO annoyed to get a "salad" that was just lettuce.

I'm glad there were salad toppings there!

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-03-2011, 05:12 PM
OMG! I would have been SO annoyed to get a "salad" that was just lettuce.

I'm glad there were salad toppings there!

Yeah, I thought it was so bizarre. I thought it would be premade or like at a fast food place where the salad is given to you along with the packages of dressing and croutons etc.

YukiPhnx
07-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Yes, you ARE weird!

Haha, I'm just kidding. It doesn't make me dizzy, but I've heard it happening to other people.

That pizza looks really yummy.

The new queue for HM looks SO COOL! I would probably go through it when it isn't busy so I can slowly check everything out.

HomeschoolMama
07-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Hey, Lessa! I'm rally enjoying your TR! :goodvibes I hadn't been over here in months and you drew me back with your hilarious family antics. :lmao:

LOVE the step-sisters!!! Mel and I went to 1900 and took pics with them a few years ago. We have it down for March too. :woohoo:

Moira222
07-04-2011, 11:16 AM
May 13th continued

We had to stop for a picture with this cute little guy.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0950.jpg

you saw the white rabbit! AWESOME!

As we entered Fantasyland Alek and Erich saw some young beauties that had them absolutely dazzled, they knew that they absolutely had to meet them, they could not pass up such an opportunity.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2462.jpg

How could they pass up such beauty?

There were quite a few others waiting to speak with them as well but The Fairy Godmother who was passing by approached us and assured them that the two ladies were always happy to meet eligible young men.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0966.jpg
[/post]

LOVE the courtship! really fun! I have a new found love for the steps!

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="3"]May 13th continued

After Alek and Erich failed to pull the sword from the stone we decided to go see Philharmagic. I love this show! It is one of my favourite attractions at WDW. Remember how the tea cups make me motion sick? Well this show has a tendency to do that as well but only during the Aladdin scene and it is not nearly as bad as spinning on the tea cups so I put up with it. Does this happen to anybody else or am I just weird? :confused3
Not alone, I get sick from the motion a bit too.

The ride was fun, I rode with Mom and Alek and Erich rode together. They were their usual embarrassing selves and we could hear them "screaming" during the ride. I apologize if you were one of the people in ride vehicles near us! :flower3:

The new hitchiking ghosts were also a fun addition!

It was not even noon yet and we were already half "done" the park! FUN! Katie likes the hitchhiking ghosts too!!

cannp123165
07-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Just caught up with the whole trip report so far and it looks like you had a great time! :) Looking forward to hearing more. :)

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes, you ARE weird!

Haha, I'm just kidding. It doesn't make me dizzy, but I've heard it happening to other people.

That pizza looks really yummy.

The new queue for HM looks SO COOL! I would probably go through it when it isn't busy so I can slowly check everything out.

It looked really yummy, too bad it was only mediocre!

Hey, Lessa! I'm rally enjoying your TR! :goodvibes I hadn't been over here in months and you drew me back with your hilarious family antics. :lmao:

LOVE the step-sisters!!! Mel and I went to 1900 and took pics with them a few years ago. We have it down for March too. :woohoo:

:thumbsup2 I might consider 1900 again for a future trip.

you saw the white rabbit! AWESOME!

I have actually had lots of luck with the white rabbit. We saw him in 2007 in the UK Toy Shop, 2009 on the cruise and then this year. May have also seen him in 2008, can't remember!

Just caught up with the whole trip report so far and it looks like you had a great time! :) Looking forward to hearing more. :)

We really did have a great time! There was not a single bad day the whole trip although there were some "bad" moments. ;) :rolleyes1

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-05-2011, 04:48 PM
May 13th continued

It was now noon and it was really starting to get HOT! What is the logical ride to head to when you need to cool down and have some fun at the same time, Splash Mountain!

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0996.jpg

Erich informed us that he would not be riding. He had been on it several times on the last trip but he said that he did not like the drop and did not want to ride. He claims that he is not afraid of the drop, he just doesn't like the feeling in his stomach that is caused by the drop. He arranged to meet us on the bridge in front of Splash. This would cause some problems, if you are familiar with the area in front of the ride I bet you can guess what the problem would be.

It was insanely packed in the area in front of Splash and Big Thunder but Mom, Alek and I made our way into the line, it was posted as a 30 minute wait. It was far longer than 30 minutes at least it felt that way because of the heat. Thank goodness most of the line is covered.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_0998.jpg

I could hear what sounded like Chip and Dale coming from this little house.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1002.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1005.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1009.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1012.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1023.jpg

I wanted to get a picture as we dropped, here is my attempt, I took the picture too soon.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1024.jpg

After the drop we spotted Erich on THE WOODEN BRIDGE waiting for us to float by.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2471.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2472.jpg

I like Mom's face in the ride photo. The people in front of us are pretty funny as well.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1025.jpg

Upon exiting the ride I spotted Goofy out for photos and the line was not all that long. Mom and I got in line and sent Alek to fetch Erich, they should be able to get back by the time we made it up to Goofy...

Mom and I were almost to Goofy when Alek showed up without Erich. He said he couldn't find him. Well, Erich is a big boy and would be fine on his own for a few more minutes so I sent Alek off to look for him again while Mom and I got our photo. I know, I am such a kind and caring sister.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/Photo0019FourBySix.jpg

After we finished with Goofy I sat Mom down in the shade by the exit/entrance for Splash and told her to wait there in case Alek and Erich showed up, I would go off and look for Erich also. I didn't want her walking around in the heat for no reason since it is so painful for her and we needed somebody to stay put so we wouldn't all be wandering around looking for each other.

I found Alek easily enough but still there was no Erich. Well, remember how Erich said he would meet us on the bridge, there are TWO bridges in front of Splash. There is the upper stone/paved bridge and then the lower wooden bridge. Alek had been looking mostly on the upper paved bridge. We walked both bridges and still did not see Erich. We did a second circuit and there was Erich on the lower wooden bridge. He said that he had been there ever since we had floated by but he had sat down which was probably why we didn't see him. Of course it makes sense that he would be on the wooden bridge since that is where we had seen him when he took our photo after the drop. The area was completely packed with people so that did not help with the search at all. It felt like we wasted a good 30 minutes looking for Erich when he was right there the whole time.

We went back and collected Mom and quickly made our way out of the area. It was far too busy in the Splash/Big Thunder area for us to stay there any longer.

I spotted this wonderful ensemble as we were leaving the area.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1028.jpg

I am all for being patriotic but that is too much in my opinion!

We made our way over to Adventureland where I spotted a photopass photographer by Pirates. I stopped to see if he did the Captain Hook photo, he had no idea what I was talking about but I had him take our picture anyways.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/Photo0023FourBySix.jpg

Eek!

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/Photo0026FourBySix.jpg

We didn't know that the pirate had snuck into the photo till we looked on the photopass site when we got home. I love the look on the kid's face.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/Photo0027FourBySix.jpg

While deciding what to do next Erich told us about what he had been up to while we were on Splash. He had wandered over to Main Street and caught these guys.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2469.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2470.jpg

He also said that he saw Ariel and Eric and Aladdin and Jasmine out and suggested that we head over to see them.

We hopped in Aladdin and Jasmine's line. It didn't look too long but they went on break shortly after we got in line and they took a lot of time with each family so the line was slow moving. It was unbelievably hot by that time and most of the line was out in the sun. I think I downed a couple bottles of water while we stood in that line, it was brutal! I suggested to Mom that she should go find a seat nearby in the shade rather than stand in line with us so that it would not be so painful. She got mad at me around this time, not sure why, apparently I had "made a face" and she thought I was insulting her. :confused3 I wasn't just to be clear, I was just trying to look out for her since I knew that the heat and her MS were causing her issues and she is usually too proud to saying anything to us about it.

Erich took a famous Brothers Grimm butt shot of Aladdin. If you have read my 2008 report you will know that butt shots were the photo theme of that trip.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2474.jpg

As we inched closer to the front of the line we were able to squeeze into the shade offered by the awning, it felt like it dropped 20 degrees just by stepping into the shade, sweet relief!

We finally got to meet Aladdin and Jasmine. I can not for the life of me remember what we talked about with them but apparently it was pretty funny. I think it had something to do with Canada and snow.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/Photo0028FourBySix.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/Photo0030FourBySix.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/Photo0031FourBySix.jpg

After our meet and greet with Aladdin and Jasmine we needed a treat to help us cool down. Where could we be headed for refreshment?

Click here to continue

PopArtGal
07-05-2011, 05:12 PM
I remember laughing a lot with Aladdin when I met him.

You made me realize that the last time I went on Splash was in 2000. I'm long overdue.

ZFamily5
07-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Sounds like you had a great time! Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-05-2011, 05:16 PM
You made me realize that the last time I went on Splash was in 2000. I'm long overdue.

:scared1:

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Sounds like you had a great time! Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

We did aside from the headache of not being able to find Erich! :laughing:

mrssmith06
07-05-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm hoping I can brave riding Splash next trip!!!
I didn't even know you could find Aladdin and Jasmine in MK :goodvibes

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-05-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm hoping I can brave riding Splash next trip!!!
I didn't even know you could find Aladdin and Jasmine in MK :goodvibes

You should ride it! It is one of the best rides at WDW and the drop isn't that bad. :thumbsup2

micky hater
07-05-2011, 07:40 PM
...Lessa...Lessa...Lessa... I can't believe get all the facts so terribly wrong... First of all as you all know Erich and I LOVE goofy, I mean he may be the ONLY reason we go to Disney at all. SO I see the one and only Dippity Dawg and get all pumped up and Lessa says something along the lines of screw Erich we're getting our picture taken with the goofmeister because Erich was to cowardly to go on splash mountain :mad: ! I, in near shock at Lessa's nastiness, decided to go find Erich but after making the rounds around the whole frontier land about twice I decided to use my mad Detective Skillz because clearly something had happened to Erich the 2 hours we waited in line for Splash.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/bobjoemac/Erichincrowd.jpg
Disney is the worst place to lose someone. Can you find Erich? he is there.

After climbing to the top of Splash mountain to get the best view
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/bobjoemac/Climbingsplash.jpg

I still couldn't find him so I thought maybe the Union Reps of the Canadian Post Office got him! So I decided to run back and find the only help I could rely on the Big Man himself Goofy.

Now as you can see Lessa was PO'd that I not only came back without Erich but I was interupting their photo session which Lessa said she'd wait till I found Erich and made sure he was safe.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/bobjoemac/Pissedlessawithgoof.jpg

Goofy told me the hurry quickly to his super secret area where he could get on his manly clothes so he'd be ready for anything while he got ready I explained to him the horrible thing that had befell our family.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/bobjoemac/Recruitment.jpg

So off we went to the only place the Union would have been able to drive their evil postal trucks around Main Street.

And what would you know there they were trying to get the US postal services to join their worldwide anti-mail delivery evilness!!!
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/bobjoemac/goodtruck.jpg

Things got a little hectic as my 10 foot tall friend caught a few missles and threw them back at their postal trucks of doom.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/bobjoemac/truckonfire.jpg

We Captured one of the Union Reps who was trying to run away with what looked like a dog. After apprehending the man we discovered their true reason for them going on strike it was to make a army of Cerberus' out of regular dogs :scared1:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/bobjoemac/cerberus.jpg

Goofy Used his magic Dippity dawg powers to turn the poor creature back into three fluffy puppies.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/bobjoemac/puppies.jpg

We then interogated him about my brother and he told us that Erich had seen their evilness while down on main street watching the parade thing that they had set up to hide their maniacle plans, But Erich was to smart to be fooled by a parade, but after sneaking around trying to save the dogs from being turned evil they caught him and locked him up.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i271/bobjoemac/ErichinPrison.jpg

Goofy used his super strength to tear apart the prison cell bars with his bare hands the sheer act of awesomeness of this happening made all electronics stop working or else I would have recorded it.

Around this time Erich and I had been gone from Lessa and mom long enough that Lessa was furious and because the Postal Union matter was still going on and not resolved Erich and I had to make up a plan fast to keep all this a secret until Canada could deal with its Postal problems without the help from the Amazingly awesome Brothers.

KatMark
07-05-2011, 07:53 PM
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Lessa, your brother(s) sure know how to bring a smile to my face after two gloomy days! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Great update; love the Splash Mountain photos. And the FastPass pics with the pirate in the background are a hoot.

PlutosRHM55
07-05-2011, 08:08 PM
That is a great on-ride photo from Splash Mountain. I think those are always great photos. It catches you in the moment, when you can't even find yourself and it is just hilarious. :teeth: And that's awesome you actually got a picture just as your going down the drop :thumbsup2 That's funny, you couldn't find Erich. You see him when you are coming around on the ride and you couldn't find him, even though you knew where he was LOL But I totally understand how that can happen, especially after the craziness of Splash :goodvibes Also, love the pictures with Goofy and Jasmine and Aladdin. LOL at the random pirate in the background Hahahaha Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

englishrose47
07-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Oh the joy of the Bros version of events !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-05-2011, 10:02 PM
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Lessa, your brother(s) sure know how to bring a smile to my face after two gloomy days! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Great update; love the Splash Mountain photos. And the FastPass pics with the pirate in the background are a hoot.

Glad they make you smile!

I laughed when I saw that Pirate in the photo, an unexpected but nice surprise!

That is a great on-ride photo from Splash Mountain. I think those are always great photos. It catches you in the moment, when you can't even find yourself and it is just hilarious. :teeth: And that's awesome you actually got a picture just as your going down the drop :thumbsup2 That's funny, you couldn't find Erich. You see him when you are coming around on the ride and you couldn't find him, even though you knew where he was LOL But I totally understand how that can happen, especially after the craziness of Splash :goodvibes Also, love the pictures with Goofy and Jasmine and Aladdin. LOL at the random pirate in the background Hahahaha Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

It was very busy so I can understand why Alek didn't see him right away, too many people in the way!

Oh the joy of the Bros version of events !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yes, we all know how you love the brothers! You even believe their version events over mine sometimes! :rolleyes1

mom3sonstt
07-05-2011, 11:05 PM
...Lessa...Lessa...Lessa... I can't believe get all the facts so terribly wrong...

:lmao: Well, it's a good thing we have you around when Lessa tries to tell us all the tall tales! :rolleyes1

oOJulieOo
07-06-2011, 02:37 AM
Ugh! Searching for people in Disney World is the worst! Such a waste of precious time.

I just have to let you know that every time I click on your TR to read, that song gets stuck in my head! Thanks a lot!!!!

pinkxray
07-06-2011, 08:16 AM
I hate getting separated at Disney. It is impossible to find someone there. If only Erich had just gone on the best ride ever, this could have all been avoided.

UGAFan0829
07-06-2011, 08:27 AM
My guess is that you made a stop by Aloha Isle for a cool down treat!! Am I right?;)

oOJulieOo
07-06-2011, 09:25 AM
My guess is that you made a stop by Aloha Isle for a cool down treat!! Am I right?;)

Oh yeah! That's my guess too!

PopArtGal
07-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Your pirate pic is awesome! (the 2nd one). You guys all look so cute together. I love that pic. Your mother and you look so happy. And Alek (blue shirt?? Sorry I'm still confused lol) is a cutie on that pic.

MagicShell
07-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Your report is so much fun to read. I am really enjoying it. It looks like a great trip so far.

CandleontheWater
07-06-2011, 03:07 PM
You're brave for taking pictures on Splash! I'm always afraid that (1.) my camera will get flooded with water or (2.) it will fly out of my hands during the drop. Maybe one of these days I'll be brave enough to risk it! :laughing:

Glad you found your brother, it was crowded in the MK that day, so I'm sure it would be easy to get lost.

I've never met Aladdin or Jasmine, but it looks like a great meet and greet!

heidijanesmith
07-06-2011, 03:43 PM
I am lovin your TR! Can't wait for more popcorn::

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-06-2011, 04:15 PM
:lmao: Well, it's a good thing we have you around when Lessa tries to tell us all the tall tales! :rolleyes1

:laughing: Yep, it's good that they are around to keep this report honest!

Ugh! Searching for people in Disney World is the worst! Such a waste of precious time.

I just have to let you know that every time I click on your TR to read, that song gets stuck in my head! Thanks a lot!!!!

:laughing: No problem!

I hate getting separated at Disney. It is impossible to find someone there. If only Erich had just gone on the best ride ever, this could have all been avoided.

No kidding, silly Erich!

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-06-2011, 04:16 PM

Oh yeah! That's my guess too!

:rolleyes1

Your pirate pic is awesome! (the 2nd one). You guys all look so cute together. I love that pic. Your mother and you look so happy. And Alek (blue shirt?? Sorry I'm still confused lol) is a cutie on that pic.

That's Erich in the blue shirt and he's single ;) :laughing:

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Your report is so much fun to read. I am really enjoying it. It looks like a great trip so far.

Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying it. :goodvibes

You're brave for taking pictures on Splash! I'm always afraid that (1.) my camera will get flooded with water or (2.) it will fly out of my hands during the drop. Maybe one of these days I'll be brave enough to risk it! :laughing:

Glad you found your brother, it was crowded in the MK that day, so I'm sure it would be easy to get lost.

I've never met Aladdin or Jasmine, but it looks like a great meet and greet!

No need for bravery with a waterproof camera! I also keep the wrist strap tightened really well so no fear of it flying off. ;)

I am just glad we knew the general area to look in, can't imagine trying to find him in a place like Main Street! :scared1:

I am lovin your TR! Can't wait for more popcorn::

Thanks! :goodvibes

PopArtGal
07-06-2011, 05:19 PM
hehehe Unfortunately you guys live a bit too far away, and if I'm not mistaking, I'm older than he is.

407-W-DISNEY
07-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Hi Lessa,
I love your report so far! Glad to hear you broke your 'rain curse'...that's always a good thing!!

Can't wait to read more.

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-06-2011, 06:55 PM
hehehe Unfortunately you guys live a bit too far away, and if I'm not mistaking, I'm older than he is.

Hi Lessa,
I love your report so far! Glad to hear you broke your 'rain curse'...that's always a good thing!!

Can't wait to read more.

Yes, I was more than relieved to see that curse go away. ;)

englishrose47
07-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Yes, we all know how you love the brothers! You even believe their version events over mine sometimes! :rolleyes1

They have such a believable storyline !!:rolleyes1And of course they always portray themselves as the Heroes !!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

marvali
07-07-2011, 06:37 AM
I'm with you...I get sick if I "spin" too much on those Tea Cups.But aren't you ALWAYS a little dizzy??? ;)

Yeah, I don't know if we will go back to Laugh Floor on our next trip, it will probably be a once in awhile type of thing.We don't always do that one either, but I have a feeling it will be on the list this trip......A/C Baby!!! :thumbsup2
:laughing: Well now you have been! It seems Disney is all about the interactive queues now. Winnie the Pooh has a new line, Haunted Mansion, I think Soarin does as well.I think this will add something to hold our interest during the longer waits. Can't wait to check them out. DSs did the stuff in Space Mtn last trip, but the only times I rode it were from the FP line so didn't get to check them out.

I spotted this wonderful ensemble as we were leaving the area.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1028.jpg

I am all for being patriotic but that is too much in my opinion!Oh no she DIDN'T!!! :rotfl:

What a wonderful opportunity missed!!! I can't BELIEVE you actually wasted, uh SPENT all that time looking for Erich...........:rolleyes1

ddstratton
07-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Love this installment (and the Bros recap of it). The wait on Splash can seem like a LONG one when it's hot. But it's worth it. :cool1:

I got a similar shot on Splash... Just at the top, before we dropped.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4639575776_c8b1b7c795_z.jpg
You can see that the Splash/BTMRR area wasn't quite as crowded when we were there.

Oh, and this is what I looked like after the drop...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3373/4638970749_17e4cc4e8a_z.jpg

Yup. Got a little wet. I love the grinning guy behind me. Not a clue who he is, but it looks like he had a good time. I like little surprises in pictures like that -- like your photo-bombing pirate. :rotfl2:

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-07-2011, 12:15 PM
They have such a believable storyline !!:rolleyes1And of course they always portray themselves as the Heroes !!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:rolleyes:

We don't always do that one either, but I have a feeling it will be on the list this trip......A/C Baby!!! :thumbsup2

I think this will add something to hold our interest during the longer waits. Can't wait to check them out. DSs did the stuff in Space Mtn last trip, but the only times I rode it were from the FP line so didn't get to check them out.

I forgot about Space Mountain, we just walked straight through the line so didn't really notice the new stuff too much.

Oh no she DIDN'T!!! :rotfl:

That is not the last of my "fashion" pictures. ;) I am not a very nice person. :rolleyes1:laughing:

Love this installment (and the Bros recap of it). The wait on Splash can seem like a LONG one when it's hot. But it's worth it. :cool1:

I got a similar shot on Splash... Just at the top, before we dropped.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4639575776_c8b1b7c795_z.jpg
You can see that the Splash/BTMRR area wasn't quite as crowded when we were there.

Oh, and this is what I looked like after the drop...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3373/4638970749_17e4cc4e8a_z.jpg

Yup. Got a little wet. I love the grinning guy behind me. Not a clue who he is, but it looks like he had a good time. I like little surprises in pictures like that -- like your photo-bombing pirate. :rotfl2:

Great Splash pictures. :thumbsup2

YukiPhnx
07-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Love your updates! And Alek's update too of course. Those darned postal workers. I'm glad Goofy came to save the day (as always)!!

I don't think I've ever gone on Splash without a FP. I can say that cause I've only been on it once, haha.

I don't know what Erich is talking about, but the drop actually doesn't give me that dropping feeling. It LOOKS steep, but the equiv ride at Wonderland is much worse. Maybe he's equating it to that? I expected the dropping feeling, but didn't get it. I think the only ride that gives you that is ToT. All the other coasters don't have it. Or maybe it's just me.

Dole whips next, woohoo!!

Aladdin's butt. NICE. :thumbsup2

Jasmine looks so pretty! So fit!

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-07-2011, 04:28 PM
May 13th continued

Those of you who guessed that we headed to Aloha Isle for some yummy cold refreshments after meeting Aladdin and Jasmine were correct!

I decided to try out the Dole Whip Float this time as I usually just get the regular Dole Whip.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1030.jpg

I regretted my decision, I did not like the pineapple juice at all, I will be sticking with the regular Dole Whip from now on!

Mom and Alek got the regular Pineapple Dole Whips and Erich got a Vanilla. After savouring our treats we decided to make our way to Main Street to browse the shops. Of course, when on Main Street one must stop for a photopass photo!

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/Photo0038FourBySix.jpg

Mom did not feel inclined to shop so she said that she would find a spot on Main St to sit while we explored as she figured by the time we were done the parade would be coming by. Sounds good to me!

Mom grabbed a seat in front of the Ice Cream Parlour while Alek, Erich and I headed off to the shops. I didn't stick with Alek and Erich and broke off on my own.

I saw lots of cute stuff in the Emporium but nothing to tempt me, I was still on the search for a baby present for my co-worker.

I found Alek and Erich again as I crossed the street to where the confectionary and hat shop are located. They were playing checkers! That's right, they traveled all the way to Florida and bought WDW tickets so they could play a game of checkers on Main St.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1032.jpg

Since I was next to the hat shop I went in and bought a new pair of Minnie Ears, don't remember if I mentioned this earlier in the report but when I unpacked my luggage at the beginning of the trip I found that my Minnie ears were broken, the headband had snapped! I popped them on my head right away as the cashier offered to cut the tags off for me.

I continued my perusal of the shops, of course I stopped and admired all the Dooney and Bourke purses but again I did not buy one. It was too early in the trip to make such a big purchase, I wanted to be sure!

I met back up with Mom and took my seat on the curb as it was pretty close to 3pm. Alek and Erich soon joined us and had a nice chat with a man from England who was sitting next to them.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1040.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1041.jpg

I sat back and people watched, CM's had brought out hula hoops for the kids and there were several little girls in princess dresses trying to hula hoop with very little success, they looked like they were having fun though!

I watched as other park guests went by, some in interesting outfits...

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1043.jpg

Soon the parade started.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1046.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1048.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2483.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1058.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2489.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2496.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1067.jpg

Oh look, it is my soon to be sister-in-law!

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1068.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2503.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2506.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1073.jpg

After the parade we decided that it was time to leave the park. We weren't headed back to the hotel though as we had that dinner ADR.

As we were leaving we saw that the wait time for Mickey in his new location was only 10 minutes so we got in line. The area is themed for Magician Mickey aka Mickey the Magnificent!

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1076.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1078.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1079.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1080.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2507.jpg

The way the line works is that you first queue up in the entry hall, then they let a certain number of people into a hallway and then they let you into the last line which is in the same room as Mickey. Mickey is blocked from view while you are waiting so you only get to see him once you are the next family up.

I was happy to see that it was Minnie and Mickey, Minnie was very excited to see that I had matching ears!

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/Photo0045FourBySix.jpg

After exiting we left the park even though we still had an hour and a half until our ADR. Where are we headed next?

Click here to continue

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-07-2011, 04:33 PM
I don't think I've ever gone on Splash without a FP. I can say that cause I've only been on it once, haha.

I don't know what Erich is talking about, but the drop actually doesn't give me that dropping feeling. It LOOKS steep, but the equiv ride at Wonderland is much worse. Maybe he's equating it to that? I expected the dropping feeling, but didn't get it. I think the only ride that gives you that is ToT. All the other coasters don't have it. Or maybe it's just me.

I don't think Erich has been on the flume ride at Wonderland, in fact, I think Splash Mountain is the only flume he has been on. His basic philosophy it seems is, "If it has a drop I won't do it." Of course that doesn't explain why he won't go on Test Track. :rolleyes1

I agree about the "drop feeling", at WDW I only get it on ToT although RnRC gives my stomach a nice lurch as you take off.

teachermommy78
07-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Love the neww update!!! Sophie had fun reading it, too. She liked seeing all the stuff we just saw! I told her that I uploaded 1000+ pictures to the computer a couple of days ago. She squealed in delight and took off. Guess she's got the Disney gene. :lovestruc

Your new ears are cute. I look like a dork in mine. :confused3

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Love the neww update!!! Sophie had fun reading it, too. She liked seeing all the stuff we just saw! I told her that I uploaded 1000+ pictures to the computer a couple of days ago. She squealed in delight and took off. Guess she's got the Disney gene. :lovestruc

Your new ears are cute. I look like a dork in mine. :confused3

:laughing: Nice job on all the pictures! I am afraid to even count how many we have, I think probably around 3000!

When looking at the photopass pictures after the trip Mom complained that I "ruined" otherwise nice family photos by having my ears on. :rolleyes: I think they were nice because of the ears! :laughing:

lbuzz52
07-07-2011, 05:14 PM
i dont' think you were the only one left wondering about the split in the lines at HM. when we went, a CM was standing there telling everyone that both lines were open.
love the splash ride photo!
I bet those ladies in the pink tutus were a Scavenger Hunt Team.

PopArtGal
07-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Cool update. I hate parades, but love Disney parades. GO figure.

Dooney and Bourke. I can't wait to see which one you choose! I'd buy one, but I'm moving out on August 1, so I need to keep that money ;)

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-07-2011, 05:45 PM
i dont' think you were the only one left wondering about the split in the lines at HM. when we went, a CM was standing there telling everyone that both lines were open.
love the splash ride photo!
I bet those ladies in the pink tutus were a Scavenger Hunt Team.

There is an official scavenger hunt event at MK? Learn something new every day!

Cool update. I hate parades, but love Disney parades. GO figure.

Dooney and Bourke. I can't wait to see which one you choose! I'd buy one, but I'm moving out on August 1, so I need to keep that money ;)

There were so many cute options, I even saw a new Dooney design at the end of the trip, it must have just come out as I didn't see any talk of it online.

Lidian
07-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Who won at Checkers? I must say ... that was a very expensive game. Was there a prize afterwards?

And glad you got new ears! Loving the updates! :goodvibes

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Who won at Checkers? I must say ... that was a very expensive game. Was there a prize afterwards?

:laughing: I didn't stick around to find out who won. I am sure that Alek and Erich could come up with some epic tale about how they were not really playing checkers and that they were really on a super secret mission to defeat some sort of nefarious villain who was lurking about. The checkers game was just a cover. ;)

YukiPhnx
07-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Wow...playing checkers on Mainstreet. I think I want to do that now. I suck at checkers though.

Hm...no, that does NOT explain why he doesn't go on RNRC. I mean, people don't like that you go upside down, but it happens so fast, you can barely register it!

I think those two ladies did the Princess Half Marathon. Looks like outfits from that race. Seeing Casey's Corner in the back there....totally makes me want some corn dog nuggets. So tempting to go to Food Basics and get that HUGE bag of corn dogs...

Those parade photos are some of the best I've seen! Love how you capture the characters and their movements and the positioning.

Was the room you met Mickey in like a backstage sort of room? I think I saw pictures of that.

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Wow...playing checkers on Mainstreet. I think I want to do that now. I suck at checkers though.

:laughing: I think it is rather whimsical to play checkers on Main St.

Hm...no, that does NOT explain why he doesn't go on RNRC. I mean, people don't like that you go upside down, but it happens so fast, you can barely register it!

That is what I tell him but he does not listen. He would hate the take-off and would probably kill me if I talked him into it. The only real coaster he has been on is at King's Dominion in Virginia. He hated it and has been traumatized ever since! :laughing: That coaster has a blast take-off just like RnRC. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuKE_8bMrzE

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x292/cndnlesser/volcano.jpg

Love this picture. Alek's expressions is "Wow!" Erich's is "I think I am going to die!". :laughing:

I think those two ladies did the Princess Half Marathon. Looks like outfits from that race.

Can't be, the Half was back in Feb or March. Unless they really liked their running outfits and wore them again a few months later! :laughing:

Those parade photos are some of the best I've seen! Love how you capture the characters and their movements and the positioning.

Thanks! I was actually rather unhappy with the parade photos this time around. I have taken much better in the past. I blamed the new camera. :laughing:

Was the room you met Mickey in like a backstage sort of room? I think I saw pictures of that.

:confused3 You enter in Exposition Hall and exit in a shared lobby with Tony's.

ZFamily5
07-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Love those parade pics! Wish I was back there right now!

KatMark
07-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Lessa, terrific update. You got some great parade photos! Love your new Minnie ears and your photopass pics too. Where is that checker table by the way? I want to keep my DH away from it! :lmao::lmao:

englishrose47
07-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Loved the Parade pix !!! Also first TR on the new Micket Greeting at MK !! I have to take the family there in August!!I had thought I read that you got FP's for it???
I am sure the Bros have a tale of Intrigue about the Chess Game !!!:rotfl2:

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Love those parade pics! Wish I was back there right now!

Me too!

Lessa, terrific update. You got some great parade photos! Love your new Minnie ears and your photopass pics too. Where is that checker table by the way? I want to keep my DH away from it! :lmao::lmao:

The checkers table is in front of the confectionery and hat shop on the town square.

Loved the Parade pix !!! Also first TR on the new Micket Greeting at MK !! I have to take the family there in August!!I had thought I read that you got FP's for it???
I am sure the Bros have a tale of Intrigue about the Chess Game !!!:rotfl2:

Mickey has a fastpass line and a standby line. It was not necessary for us to get a fastpass as the line was so short. If you do decide to get a fastpass for Mickey or the princesses the fast pass machines are located between the hat shop and Tony's Town Square/Exposition Hall.

ddstratton
07-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Great update! I love that your brothers took time to play checkers on Main Street!

jenbear123
07-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Sorry to hear you didn't like the Dole Whip float. I find it quite yummy :goodvibes Neat how your brothers played checkers on Main Street. Never seen that before!

cannp123165
07-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Great update! :)

CandleontheWater
07-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Yum dole whip! I personally prefer the vanilla soft serve with the pineapple juice, but I guess that is not a traditional dole whip.

Love the parade pics, one of these days I'm going to sit down and watch it! Maybe next trip.

Awesome that you got to just walk in to meet Mickey! We didn't have any trouble when we were there also, I guess people haven't figured out that the big cheese is in the exposition hall yet! :confused3

Looking forward to seeing where you went for dinner!

407-W-DISNEY
07-08-2011, 11:59 AM
I Love your Minnie Ears! I agree with you, having them on made your pictures better :cool1:

Lidian
07-08-2011, 12:45 PM
:laughing: I didn't stick around to find out who won. I am sure that Alek and Erich could come up with some epic tale about how they were not really playing checkers and that they were really on a super secret mission to defeat some sort of nefarious villain who was lurking about. The checkers game was just a cover. ;)

Well, did they defeat the nefarious villain? :lmao:

Must ... stay ... tuned ... popcorn::

orangecats2
07-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Glad to see an update! I am a lurker but have just finished all of your other TR's so now I'm bored! :lmao:
Let me guess where your ADR is: Whispering Cafe?
DH and I went there on our last trip and really liked the skillet.

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Great update! I love that your brothers took time to play checkers on Main Street!

Me too! WDW doesn't always have to be Go!Go!Go! There is a checkers board out on Tom Sawyer Island as well which I think is a great place to go and relax and get away from the crowds.

Sorry to hear you didn't like the Dole Whip float. I find it quite yummy :goodvibes Neat how your brothers played checkers on Main Street. Never seen that before!

I like the Dole Whip part just not the pineapple juice part. ;)
Great update! :)

Thanks. :goodvibes

Yum dole whip! I personally prefer the vanilla soft serve with the pineapple juice, but I guess that is not a traditional dole whip.

Love the parade pics, one of these days I'm going to sit down and watch it! Maybe next trip.

Awesome that you got to just walk in to meet Mickey! We didn't have any trouble when we were there also, I guess people haven't figured out that the big cheese is in the exposition hall yet! :confused3

Looking forward to seeing where you went for dinner!

:laughing: Nope, not the traditional dole whip but whatever works for you!

We hadn't planned on catching the parade but it certainly was not a hardship to stay and watch it. ;)

I agree, I don't think people have noticed that the characters have been moved to the front of the park yet.

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-08-2011, 03:29 PM
I Love your Minnie Ears! I agree with you, having them on made your pictures better :cool1:

Thanks! I love my Minnie ears!
Well, did they defeat the nefarious villain? :lmao:

Must ... stay ... tuned ... popcorn::

Glad to see an update! I am a lurker but have just finished all of your other TR's so now I'm bored! :lmao:
Let me guess where your ADR is: Whispering Cafe?
DH and I went there on our last trip and really liked the skillet.

Hi there, I'm glad that you delurked to say hello! Wow, you read all the reports, how long did that take? :laughing:

Nope. not Whispering Canyon. :rolleyes1

teachermommy78
07-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Just a quick note for the princess and Mickey fast passes... We were just there in late June. This may be obvious, but you need a fast pass for everyone going through the line with you. At the end of the night we had 4 FPs for mickey, and we couldn't go through the line with 5 even though my dh nor I would be participating in pictures, etc. We didn't put up a stink at all, just asked for the heck of it. It made sense, but when you are used to just shooting through a character line with the kids, it throws you off a bit! Also, in my opinion, go for the pics earlier in the day. Dh and I went on our own for EMH one night and were in line at about 2am (the kiddos were safe in our room with my MIL!), and then we went with the kids at about 10:30 pm. We felt rushed, PP photographers were a bit crabby (not ALL, just a majority), and the princesses just seemed a bit slower and less perky (except cinderella). Also about half of the photos came back off centered. It may have just been bad luck, but if you want great pics, maybe go earlier! princess:

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Just a quick note for the princess and Mickey fast passes... We were just there in late June. This may be obvious, but you need a fast pass for everyone going through the line with you. At the end of the night we had 4 FPs for mickey, and we couldn't go through the line with 5 even though my dh nor I would be participating in pictures, etc. We didn't put up a stink at all, just asked for the heck of it. It made sense, but when you are used to just shooting through a character line with the kids, it throws you off a bit! Also, in my opinion, go for the pics earlier in the day. Dh and I went on our own for EMH one night and were in line at about 2am (the kiddos were safe in our room with my MIL!), and then we went with the kids at about 10:30 pm. We felt rushed, PP photographers were a bit crabby (not ALL, just a majority), and the princesses just seemed a bit slower and less perky (except cinderella). Also about half of the photos came back off centered. It may have just been bad luck, but if you want great pics, maybe go earlier! princess:

:thumbsup2 Good to know!

orangecats2
07-08-2011, 06:44 PM
I thought I would definitely be right with WCC! :thumbsup2
My next guess is Trails End Buffet. If I keep guessing I may get it right before your next update. :laughing:
I did read all your TR's but I only read the updates, not the chatting in-between. It took me about two weeks but only reading at work.
I was curious if you have a tenative date for your next cruise?

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-08-2011, 07:09 PM
I thought I would definitely be right with WCC! :thumbsup2
My next guess is Trails End Buffet. If I keep guessing I may get it right before your next update. :laughing:
I did read all your TR's but I only read the updates, not the chatting in-between. It took me about two weeks but only reading at work.
I was curious if you have a tenative date for your next cruise?

Nope, not Trail's End either. :laughing:

I put a deposit down on the May 12, 2012 Western Caribbean Fantasy sailing (just Mom and I) but those plans may change depending on what happens with Erich next summer. If he gets the Disney internship the cruise will probably get canceled/moved as we would need to fly him down there and help him move in. Also rumours have been heard that Disney may sail the Eastern Med in 2013, if that is true we would probably move the cruise to one of those sailings.

englishrose47
07-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Me too!

The checkers table is in front of the confectionery and hat shop on the town square.

Mickey has a fastpass line and a standby line. It was not necessary for us to get a fastpass as the line was so short. If you do decide to get a fastpass for Mickey or the princesses the fast pass machines are located between the hat shop and Tony's Town Square/Exposition Hall.

Thanks Lessa I will check out stand bye first and then head over to The Hat Shop/ Tony's for a FP if needed !!I can also check out THE PHONE in the Hat Shop another to do on my list!!!!:banana::banana:

PlutosRHM55
07-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Those Dole Whips so tempting. I still can't believe I haven't had the chance to try one :sad2: I'm such a bad DISer. :/ The problem is I'm not a fan of pineapple, but maybe just a regular vanilla one would be nice, so definitely got to try those :teeth: That's great, your brothers just decided to play checkers. Hahahaha I don't think I could ever just sit down in play checkers in Disney. It just isn't possible Hahahaha Love the parade pictures and the picture with Minnie and Mickey! :goodvibes That's awesome you got new Minnie ears in time for the pictures :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

orangecats2
07-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Nope, not Trail's End either. :laughing:

I put a deposit down on the May 12, 2012 Western Caribbean Fantasy sailing (just Mom and I) but those plans may change depending on what happens with Erich next summer. If he gets the Disney internship the cruise will probably get canceled/moved as we would need to fly him down there and help him move in. Also rumours have been heard that Disney may sail the Eastern Med in 2013, if that is true we would probably move the cruise to one of those sailings.

Ok, one more try and then I give up! How about Ohana? :confused3

That would be awesome to go on a Europe cruise!

It would also be cool if Erich got to work at Disney! :yay:

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Those Dole Whips so tempting. I still can't believe I haven't had the chance to try one :sad2: I'm such a bad DISer. :/ The problem is I'm not a fan of pineapple, but maybe just a regular vanilla one would be nice, so definitely got to try those :teeth: That's great, your brothers just decided to play checkers. Hahahaha I don't think I could ever just sit down in play checkers in Disney. It just isn't possible Hahahaha Love the parade pictures and the picture with Minnie and Mickey! :goodvibes That's awesome you got new Minnie ears in time for the pictures :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

You have to try the traditional Dole Whip at least once! Just get the ice cream part and skip the float if you don't like pineapple. :thumbsup2

Stopping to play checkers, it is all about taking it easy and having fun! We don't feel the need to rush and do everything anymore since we have been so often and know we will always be back.
Ok, one more try and then I give up! How about Ohana? :confused3

That would be awesome to go on a Europe cruise!

It would also be cool if Erich got to work at Disney! :yay:

Nope, not Ohana either although I had booked an Ohana dinner originally. :laughing:

An eastern Med cruise would be fantastic but we will see how things go, don't even know if they will offer it yet! :laughing:

englishrose47
07-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Just checking in Lessa !!Would it have been Beaches and Cream !!!!!I remmeber mention of the Kitchen Sink??????

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Just checking in Lessa !!Would it have been Beaches and Cream !!!!!I remmeber mention of the Kitchen Sink??????

:laughing: Nope, not headed there that night either.

HomeschoolMama
07-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Catching up... :surfweb:

We must have had the same Photopass guy at DHS. All my pics are bad. :guilty: We had never been at night before and I was really hoping for some cute pics of all of us, and then of me and B. But they were all blurry and weird. :headache: Not to mention he was very impatient and rude.

englishrose47
07-10-2011, 12:35 PM
:laughing: Nope, not headed there that night either.

How about Olive Garden ??????:confused3

orangecats2
07-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Chef Mickey's?

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Catching up... :surfweb:

We must have had the same Photopass guy at DHS. All my pics are bad. :guilty: We had never been at night before and I was really hoping for some cute pics of all of us, and then of me and B. But they were all blurry and weird. :headache: Not to mention he was very impatient and rude.

How disappointing! I hope you got some nice family pictures throughout the rest of the trip!

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-10-2011, 03:39 PM
How about Olive Garden ??????:confused3

Chef Mickey's?

I can leave you in suspense no longer, special weekend update coming soon! ;)

dsnycrzy
07-10-2011, 03:43 PM
I know Im late but Im joining and waiting for updates:thumbsup2

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-10-2011, 04:27 PM
I know Im late but Im joining and waiting for updates:thumbsup2

Welcome! You are not late, I am only on day 3 of 15! :laughing:

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-10-2011, 04:44 PM
May 13th continued

After our meet and greet with Mickey and his best gal we decided to leave the park. We had about an hour and a half until our 5pm ADR but we were done with park touring for the day. We figured we could just check out one of the monorail resorts while we waited for our ADR.

After a quick ride on the monorail we were at the Contemporary. Mom and I had checked it out on our last trip and we were not too impressed but Alek and Erich had never been and it was the most logical hotel to explore before dinner. ;) The rooms themselves look nice enough from the pictures I have seen and the theme park views are spectacular but the blandness of the rest of the resort does nothing for me. If I want a bland resort I will stay offsite!

We spent some time checking out the gift shops, I once again ogled the Dooney and Bourke purses. There was a Sketch tote that had perfect placement and I was so tempted to buy it then and there but I didn't! One of the reasons I was holding off on buying it was I wanted to wait and see how badly my bank account would be damaged after our trip to the Wizarding World!

We didn't do anything terribly exciting while waiting for our ADR, we were pretty tired and just wanted to kick back and relax so we grabbed some seats in the lounge next to Chef Mickey's and the Contempo Cafe and got comfortable.

After a little while I saw more and more people start to show up and linger in the area so I figured I better go get in line to check in for our ADR, no point being that early and then having to wait forever to get seated because you didn't think to get in line!

I was second in line to check-in for our dinner at...... Chef Mickey's!:laughing:

We had never eaten here before despite making reservations on each and every trip. For whatever reason we just never seemed to make it but tonight that would change and we would finally make our ADR!

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1083.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1084.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1085.jpg

They started checking people in around 4:45, so 15 minutes before they were due to open. We were led over to the big plate to have our picture taken (which I had no intention of buying) and then we took a seat on the very comfy couches in the waiting area.

Soon enough we were shown to our seats by an elderly man who seemed to be slightly confused. He was very friendly but he looked like he should be at home relaxing, not escorting people to their dinner table. He also moved as slow as a turtle, poor guy!

We all ordered water to drink except for Mom who ordered a Pina Colava which I took a sip of. Yum!

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1087.jpg

I liked being the first ADR for the night, it meant we got to the buffet before it had been picked over. I filled my plate with Mickey ravioli, parmesan mashed potatoes, Mickey Macaroni and Cheese, broccoli, cheese cubes and some melon.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1086.jpg

I LOVED the mashed potatoes, the ravioli was pretty good. The mac and cheese was average, nothing spectacular and the fruit and veggies were well fruit and veggies! When I went up for my second plate I got more mashed potatoes and ravioli and broccoli. The broccoli balanced the meal out. ;)

Alek and Erich were carnivores and mostly stuck to the meat which they were pretty happy with.

We were all fairly pleased with the food. It was not fine cuisine nor was it the best meal of the trip but it was filling and tasty, and fresh and warm and that is all that we were expecting from a buffet. Alek and Erich were mostly focused on the All You Can Eat aspect of the meal.

The characters started coming out shortly after we had all returned to the table with our first plates. We were seated next to the door they came out of so we were the second table in our section that they came to.

First was Donald

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2508.jpg

Then Mickey

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2512.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2513.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2515.jpg

Minnie

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2516.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2518.jpg

Goofy

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2519.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2520.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2522.jpg

And last but not least, Pluto

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2524.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2525.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2526.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_2530.jpg

We could not leave without having dessert, I have been wanting to try one of those Chocolate Mickey Domes for years!

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1088.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1089.jpg

I couldn't finish the desserts but I ate some of each. The brownie was too much for my tastes but the rest was good.

Stuffed and satisfied we paid our bill and departed. We were very happy with our meal and would not hesitate to return.

Back up to the monorail we went to catch a ride back to the TTC.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/0lp4/trip%20report/May%2013th%20-%20MK/IMG_1090.jpg

When we got back to the car I glanced in the mirror and saw to my horror that I had broken out in a rash all over my chin, nose and part of my check. I had little hives all over my face. Why does this always happen to me in Florida?! If you have read my past reports you will know that in 2008 and 2009 I also broke out in a rash towards the beginning of the trips. I had changed sunscreen brands because of my discovery on the previous trip when it was proven that it was the Coppertone formula causing the problem but this time I was using Hawaiian Tropic and the rash was only on my face and nowhere else on my body. Through process of elimination based on what I did that day and on following days I figured that it was the suncreen that had once again been the culprit. On the previous day I had not put the sunscreen on my face, I had only put on my own facial moisturizer which has SPF 25 built into it. On this day however I had applied the sunscreen to my face. I didn't use the sunscreen on my face for the rest of the trip and the rash/break out went away slowly but not soon enough for my liking! I guess I just have really sensitive skin, especially on my face. So the sun, sweat and sunscreen combined make for a not so nice surprise.

Back at the hotel Alek and Erich changed into their swimsuits and I found The CW on the tv. I was happy to be back in the room by 8pm that night as one of my favourite shows was having its 2-hour series finale that night after ten years on television. That's right, I am a die hard Smallville fan, tease me if you want but I love it! Tom Welling and Erica Durance are the best Clark Kent and Lois Lane in my opinion. :love: Alek and Erich tease me about the show all the time but they were nice enough to go to the pool for two hours while it was on so I could watch in peace, I probably would have killed them if they had talked/mocked the show the whole time.

So with them off to the pool it was just Mom and I in the room. Mom quickly feel asleep while I got comfy and watched the last two hours of one of my favourite shows. So sad! At least I have all the seasons on DVD!

When Alek and Erich returned it was time for bed. We had rope drop to get to in the morning!

Click here to continue

mrssmith06
07-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Glad to see you had a good dinner at CM, it seems to always get bad reviews for lunch and dinner. We had an OK breakfast there, nothing great but it wasn't bad at all. The desserts you got look good!! I love any dessert that is Disney/Mickey themed, just makes me smile!! :goodvibes

Yikes about the rash, glad you figured out the cause and it went away!

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Glad to see you had a good dinner at CM, it seems to always get bad reviews for lunch and dinner. We had an OK breakfast there, nothing great but it wasn't bad at all. The desserts you got look good!! I love any dessert that is Disney/Mickey themed, just makes me smile!! :goodvibes

Yikes about the rash, glad you figured out the cause and it went away!

I have read all the bad reviews as well as the good. I think a lot of it has to do with expectations going in and also probably has to do with what you choose to eat. We are not hard to satisfy and we are more likely to say a meal is good than bad. It is a buffet so we don't expect anything fancy and we are fairly easy to please.

Stupid rash, I swear I must be allergic to Florida!

ZFamily5
07-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Glad you had fun at Chef Mickey's! We've only been for breakfast, but I want to try dinner sometime!

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Glad you had fun at Chef Mickey's! We've only been for breakfast, but I want to try dinner sometime!

I wouldn't mind trying breakfast there at some point, I love breakfast food!

ZFamily5
07-10-2011, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't mind trying breakfast there at some point, I love breakfast food!

Me too! We usually go here for brunch on one of our "break days". They have some goooooooddddd cheesy potato casserole thing! :love:

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Me too! We usually go here for brunch on one of our "break days". They have some goooooooddddd cheesy potato casserole thing! :love:

Sounds delicious! My aunt makes the best cheesy potatoes and I look forward to our visit to Ohio every year as that is the only time I get to have them.

SmallWorld71
07-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Just got all caught up reading your report!:thumbsup2

I've been to CM's three times, once for dinner in the 90's and then once each for breakfast and dinner and more recent years. I do think the food was quite a bit "fancier" on my first trip, but I've never had a bad meal there. It certainly isn't haute cuisine, but it's just fine. And, I've always had good character interaction there. :thumbsup2

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Just got all caught up reading your report!:thumbsup2

I've been to CM's three times, once for dinner in the 90's and then once each for breakfast and dinner and more recent years. I do think the food was quite a bit "fancier" on my first trip, but I've never had a bad meal there. It certainly isn't haute cuisine, but it's just fine. And, I've always had good character interaction there. :thumbsup2

Yep, just fine is a good description! :laughing:

CandleontheWater
07-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I've never done chef mickey's for dinner, but it looks really yummy! I might have to check it out one of these trips, an early character dinner sounds just about right with a toddler.

It must have been nice to have such a relaxing evening. I can't imagine how nice it must be to know you're at Disney for two whole weeks. I have a hard time relaxing on short vacations, but knowing I have all that time ahead of me would be just heavenly! :cloud9:

Oh and so funny about Smallville! My DH used to LOVE that show, and we watched it together when we were dating. I think we stopped watching around 2005 or 2006 when it started getting really off the wall, but we enjoyed it, and have the first few seasons on DVD also! :thumbsup2

jenbear123
07-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I know exactly the guy you're talking about who escorted you to your table. I had him once. He kinda reminded me of Carl from UP. You're right about how it looked as if he should be at home. He looked way beyond the age limit of when you should be working. I remember he talked really slow and it felt like he was never going to leave us after we were seated. Good times

Sucks about the rash. At least you know the cause. DBF gets something similar whenever he goes to Italy but I don't think it's from anything he puts on his skin. Maybe it's heat rash?

Lifelong_Dreamer
07-10-2011, 07:51 PM
I've never done chef mickey's for dinner, but it looks really yummy! I might have to check it out one of these trips, an early character dinner sounds just about right with a toddler.

It must have been nice to have such a relaxing evening. I can't imagine how nice it must be to know you're at Disney for two whole weeks. I have a hard time relaxing on short vacations, but knowing I have all that time ahead of me would be just heavenly! :cloud9:

It was nice to not worry about time since we were there for two whole weeks. It also felt a bit strange since we are used to the longer and busier days.

Oh and so funny about Smallville! My DH used to LOVE that show, and we watched it together when we were dating. I think we stopped watching around 2005 or 2006 when it started getting really off the wall, but we enjoyed it, and have the first few seasons on DVD also! :thumbsup2

:laughing: Seasons 5, 6, and 7 were not the best but it got much better in Season 8 since both Clark and Lois were at the Daily Planet and Lana and Lex were out of the picture and then seasons 9 and 10 were fantastic!

I know exactly the guy you're talking about who escorted you to your table. I had him once. He kinda reminded me of Carl from UP. You're right about how it looked as if he should be at home. He looked way beyond the age limit of when you should be working. I remember he talked really slow and it felt like he was never going to leave us after we were seated. Good times

Sucks about the rash. At least you know the cause. DBF gets something similar whenever he goes to Italy but I don't think it's from anything he puts on his skin. Maybe it's heat rash?

:laughing: Poor old guy!

I would have guessed heat rash too if it happened all over but it was just my face and it took days for it to go away. I am 99.9% sure it was the sunscreen combined with the sun, sweat and heat. It was terrible though, I already hate how I look and the rash just made me even more self-conscious. I am just glad it wasn't super obvious in all the pictures.

For you DBF, it could be the climate change.

kmrein
07-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Hi, there! I finally got caught up and just wanted to say I really like your pictures, especially of CSR. I have always thought I'd like to stay there someday and your pictures are convincing me even more! Nice job so far, can't wait to read more.