PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions please!

Disneyhayes
05-26-2011, 05:55 PM
So right now I am scheduled to eat dinner at Wolfgang Puck Cafe on our arrival night, but I am thinking that I should change this to something more "Disney" since it will be our first night. Any suggestions? Going to a park doesn't matter to us. Also I have Kona schedule for breakfast on our rest day and was wondering if this is a good use of a TS credit. We are on the DxDP.

Disneyhayes
06-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Anyone have any suggetions?

DisneySarah80
06-04-2011, 02:40 PM
How about the GF Cafe? Its not in a park, but in one of the most beautiful hotels on property.

rie'smom
06-04-2011, 02:43 PM
We always schedule our first evening meal at Epcot and then stay for Illuminations.

readytogotodisney
06-04-2011, 03:02 PM
I love Wolfgang Puck! So good! We often head to DTD on our first night so we don't "waste" a park ticket on just a few hours.
DTD is a nice place to start off your trip, it's still very Disney, but relaxed and you're not rushed.

But if you're wanting more of a Disney experience for your first meal, maybe try Mickey's Backyard BBQ at Ft. Wilderness, but this uses 2 TS credits.

Or it you don't might heading into the park I would do Garden Grill for dinner at Epcot.

HunnyJar
06-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Well, we always like to start our trip off at either 'Ohana or Chef Mickey's since it really makes it feel "real" that we are actually at WDW. It's really nice to be able to watch Wishes! after a nice dinner at 'Ohana or see Mickey and friends that first night. Now there are people who *hate* Chef Mickey's but honestly we've never had any problems. It's a buffet not gourmet. There's just something special about being able to really get into that "Disney" feeling once you get there.

As far as Kona.. We love their breakfast! The food is always so good. Whether it's a good choice as far the dining plan is up to you. We tend to pay for extra breakfast meals OOP and save our TS credits for lunch or dinner, but I'd have no problem whatsoever spending a credit at Kona.

Disneyhayes
06-10-2011, 05:08 PM
thanks for the suggestions! We wont be at Epcot until our departure day so maybe dinner there then illuminations might be a good idea

Disneygal27
06-10-2011, 05:35 PM
it depends on what your family considers to be "Disney" in all honesty. if you have kids who will be looking for characters, perhaps start at a character meal (I completely second HunnyJar on Chef Mickey's) and then you won't have to wait in as many long lines for pictures :) For our trips, we're normally at an Epcot resort, so we like to head over to World Showcase and eat at Rose and Crown, and try to score a late table outside to watch Illuminations. DTD is also nice to start at, but to me, nothing beats running right over to a park when I get to the World :)

tina.tina
06-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Since you're on the deluxe plan, why not CRT? I would do that or Chef Mickey's.

I just had to add that I love the HDDR, too, and thought it was very relaxing.

Disneyhayes
06-10-2011, 06:30 PM
My husband wasnt originally to keen on heading straight to a park since we will be driving 16 hours straight through the night to get to WDW. He did say that we could go to Epcot to see Illuminations tho :cool1: I just got ADRs at Les Chef Des France for 6:30 so we'll eat there then head to the lagoon to watch the show

ctink23
06-10-2011, 07:09 PM
During our last trip, my family and I ate at Chef Mickey's on the first night. I don't have any distinct memories about the food, but we had great interactions with the characters! And got some of the best pictures. It really put everyone in the Disney spirit, and everyone remembers it as one of the most fun meals we had!

iloveeeyore
06-10-2011, 07:57 PM
We just love dining at Chef Mickey's on our first night. It really gets us in the mood.

Disneygal27
06-10-2011, 08:41 PM
yeah i can understand the hesitance after such a long drive, we're about that far away too. but we try to get there early enough for a nap before we go somewhere, so we're nice and fresh :)

Hopefully
06-11-2011, 05:40 AM
My husband wasnt originally to keen on heading straight to a park since we will be driving 16 hours straight through the night to get to WDW. He did say that we could go to Epcot to see Illuminations tho :cool1: I just got ADRs at Les Chef Des France for 6:30 so we'll eat there then head to the lagoon to watch the show

I think that is a great plan!!
Enjoy Illuminations, its great