PDA

View Full Version : Alamo Rental Car

d-r
10-03-2002, 11:18 AM
Man. We used to everything fitting together so perfectly. We liked using Amex, and it was the official card of wdw - perfect. State has Big 10 employee rates at national rental car - the official rental car of wdw - perfect. We had this disney club card - perfect.

Now even the water is changing.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/020927/leisure_alamo_report_1.html

I guess that National and Alamo are merging or bankrupting or re-organizing or something = I guess National is another casualty of tourism and economy. I wonder what will happen? Hopefully the rental car center near the ttc will get a re-hab - it needs it!

DR

lodgelady
10-03-2002, 01:10 PM
I am glad that Disney is ditching National- they have been providing less than stellar service at MCO. The down side is that the Alamo car pick up locale is off site from MCO-a shuttle bus is required.....

KNWVIKING
10-03-2002, 04:01 PM
Disney Travel booked a National rental for us the week of 9-14-02. National & Alamo desk & pickup area were the exact same. All our paperwork said Alamo-not National. They are the same company, so I don't think much is going to change.

sgtdisney
10-03-2002, 04:02 PM
I have had nothing but horrible experiences renting with Alamo. In fact my experiences have been so bad, I wouldn't rent with Alamo if they were giving me the car for $1 per day.

Alamo and National are owned by the same parent company. The parent company, ANC, is in bankruptcy at this point. Apparently they are trying to reposition the brands and are making Alamo the leisure company and National the business oriented division. There are some lively comments about both companies on the Transportation forum.

Cosmic_Charlie
10-03-2002, 04:12 PM
SgtDisney, You are obcessed with Alamo, you have posted several posts bashing this company. Are you the Barbera Streisand of the Dis Boards ;)

Chill out, its just a car rental comapny, they arent trying to take over the world

sgtdisney
10-03-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Cosmic_Charlie
SgtDisney, You are obcessed with Alamo, you have posted several posts bashing this company.

I am just telling what happened to me. I assume that is the purpose of a discussion forum. :o I like to see other people's experiences. More people have complained about Alamo than have given it accolades.

Are you the Barbera Streisand of the Dis Boards ;)

I am not quite sure what that means.

Chill out, its just a car rental comapny, they arent trying to take over the world

I don't recall saying they were. Just that I have had a couple horrible experiences with them, and no customer service from their management, and I for one won't use them again regardless of whether they are affiliated with Disney or not. Do you remember Eastern Airlines.. They were once affiliated with Disney as well.