PDA

View Full Version : Flowers, 5Ks, and Fiancées-A May 2011 TR *Updated 4/30 The Last Update*

Pages : 1 [2]

amazingact21
01-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Quick Aside before I get to the trip update. Has anyone ever had a Pyrex baking dish lid shatter on them before? Last night, I was trying out a new recipe, and when I pulled the 2qtdish out of the oven and set it on a warm burner to cool, the lid broke into a thousand pieces! Needless to say, instead of a chicken and stuffing dinner, Alex and I ended up having peanut butter and jelly sandwiches….

May 9th Evening Extra Magic Hours:

Pushing the Magic, Memories, and You incident aside, Alex and I prepared ourselves to have a great time inside the Magic Kingdom that night.

And I have to say, we hit the park hard.

It was one of those experiences where we just knew we’d look back on when we’re much older and go, “How did we have that much energy?!” By the end, Alex was dragging me through Frontierland, enticing me with one more turn on Thunder Mountain.

Speaking of Thunder…We still had Space Mtn fastpasses to use, but we figured we could squeeze in a quick ride on BTMRR before we dashed to tomorrowland.

Alex took this picture of me as we were leaving Aloha Isle, and I’m not sure why I don’t look very happy. We were only going to my favorite Disney ride, after all.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image1-29.jpg

Along the way, DH spotted two carrot cakes sitting on the table:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image2-27.jpg

We found it odd that someone would leave two unopened cakes behind, but I guess they changed their minds about eating them.:confused3 Felt like a waste to me, because you know they just ended up in the trash at the end of the night.

The two of us walked onto Thunder Mountain and then rushed over to SM. I always have to laugh on this ride, because Alex is way too tall for this particular attraction. Sitting in the vehicles, he’s eating his knees, and it’s always so challenging for him to get out at the end.

By the time we exited the gift shop, EMH had started and Space Mountain was distributing Fastpasses. We grabbed two for later and headed back to Frontierland.

We took another spin on BTMRR, and then Alex said he wanted to go on Splash Mountain.

Last time we were at WDW, it was the four days before Christmas and the weather was freezing!!! So any thoughts of riding Splash were thrown out the window.

But here we were, wondering around in beautiful 70 degree weather in shorts and t-shirts.

I have never liked drops on rides; I prefer to just turn and spin (even flip). I really don’t like that free-falling you get, where your stomach feels as if it’s dropping out, and your head gets lightheaded.

But I couldn’t remember Splash Mountain that well, and I knew from Disney videos that the themeing for the ride was spectacular.

So, I sucked it up and told DH that I would go on it, but only if we sat in the back. Just because the weather was nice didn’t mean I wanted to walk around the rest of the night wet.

There was no wait for the ride and the CM in charge happily gave us the 6th row. We were placed with two other adults who sat in the front row, and I have to say, they made my night.

The guy was so ecstatic to be on the ride. Bubbly, fun, energetic. He sang the songs aloud and gave a short “Whooo!” after every little drop.:laughing:

Those little drops, by the way, killed me! I kept going, “Oh my gosh, this is it!” And then we’d be taken to a new scene….

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image3-26.jpg

The big drop finally arrived and I ended up pushing as hard as I could on the seat in front of me. Like I could stop the drop by planting my feet in the ground and propelling myself backwards. :confused3

Alex and the other guy threw their hands up and yelled in glee. After we got off the ride, Alex talked about how awesome it was, and he said he wanted to go on it again.

The drop wasn’t TOO bad, but I wasn’t up for another round, so I told DH he could go by himself. To which he said it wasn’t worth going on again if I wasn’t there.

I guess my terror makes the ride so much more enjoyable…:lmao:

We took a left outside of Splash, and I debated going on Thunder yet again, but decided Haunted Mansion would be more fun.

The 2nd trip didn’t let us down. In fact, it was a little bit more fun riding at night, because the horseless carriage looked spookier and the mansion gave off a more eerie feel.

By that point it was time to use our second set of Space Mountain fastpasses, so we crossed the hub to get to the other side of the park. On the bridge over to Tomorrowland, we spotted a PP photographer and figured we’d might as well get a picture together.

When we walked up to him, we went to stand by the metal railing and the guy said to me, “Hey, put your bag down, sweetheart.”

For some reason this really irked Alex, so I picture turned out a little awkward:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image6-26.jpg

Once we were walking away from the guy, I told Alex that Cast Members are hired from all over the world, and that in some regions, saying sweetheart is just a common greeting. That made sense to Alex, but he still didn’t like it.

I can’t say I really understood the irritation. To me, it wasn’t insulting, but Alex felt that it was kind of impolite. Like the guy had proclaimed, “Hey, toots, get over here!”

I don’t know…it was a strange situation. But one that I definitely remember, so when I was thinking about what to name this update, that stood pretty clear in my head.

We got to a virtually empty Space Mountain and headed inside.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image4-26.jpg

We were directed to the left side, which I was happy about, because to me it’s a little bit more thrilling. As you can see in that photo, there was nobody in front of us. Normally, all those lines are filled to the max.

We were placed in the first set of cars:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image5-26.jpg

I gave Alex the front, because I was hoping it might have a little more leg room. I took the middle spot, and a woman was placed in the last seat while her husband took the first spot in the second car.

We had a thoroughly enjoyable time. On the left side of the attraction, there is one drop that I always forget is coming, so it never fails I always let out a little shriek. It’s just so sudden and quick, that I don’t have time to prepare myself. Which is the whole point of the ride, I suppose...

After we got out of the ride and looked at our ride photo, the woman who was sitting behind me came up to me with her husband and got my attention.

“I just had to let you know, you were hilarious to ride with. You were giggling like a little kid.”

Aaaahhhh:sad2:

Alex busted out laughing.

He found that to be absolutely hilarious.

I was slightly mortified.

“Alex, do I really sound like a kid?”

“Babe, if I had a videocamera, I’d record you going ‘Hee-hee-hee’ throughout the entire ride.”

Great.

So I have since discovered that I am an endless source of amusement for ride companions due to my uncontrollable laughter.

Ahh, what am I to do?

Upon leaving Space Mountain, my fatigue from running back and forth across the park had caught up with me. I felt like we had accomplished all that we wanted to, and I was ready to fall into my bed and sleep for the next 6 hours.

Back at the hub, Alex suggested we try and get another picture in front of the castle. Unfortunately, I was so tired that I look a little crazed in the photo:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image7-22.jpg

We have since learned to take our photopass picture BEFORE we start an action-packed night of thrill riding.

On our way out, I took a couple picture of the park:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image8-19.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image9-19.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image10-17.jpg

I was getting a little bit sad by that point. Leaving Magic Kingdom always does that to me. But I reminded myself that I was going to be coming back the following evening and that wiped away all my morose thoughts.

We lucked out big time with the tram and caught the first one that appeared. Then, it stopped right before our parking lot row.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image11-14.jpg

That black car in the blurry picture is our vehicle. (Also known as the Batmobile in earlier posts.) We’ve never had that good of luck with our parking spots. After running around like a mad person in the park, it was sweet relief to just hop out of the tram and literally be at our car.

Amusingly enough, when we were slowing to a stop, a guy behind us said, “Man, whoever’s in that car is a lucky son of a gun.” :)

Alex and I smiled at each other and imagined the look of jealousy and exasperation on his face when he saw us walking towards the car.

In our minds, it was a perfect way to end an adventureous day. We couldn’t believe how much had went down in just one single park day, and in our minds, we were headed to All Star Sports with a bag full of memories. Some bad, most of them good.

As Alex drove home, I thought about what else we could possibly encounter on our last Disney day.

Up Next…They Have a Plethura of Cones Here and the Monorail of a Thousand Daddys.

UGAFan0829
01-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Woohoo for an awesome update! I'm so glad that the rest of your evening in the park was so productive!!!

Ok, I literally lauged out loud at the "get over here Toots" comment. I can so see my husband getting a little out of joint if the photog had called me sweetheart as well, so don't feel bad!

And for the comment on Space Mountain--I thought it was too funny as the last time we rode there was an older couple in front of me, and she too told me the same thing. Evidently, I laugh like a little kid, too. But then again, that ride makes me feel like a little kid!! I just can't help myself!:yay:

Gotta love the good luck of being let off the tram so close to the Batmobile!:thumbsup2

TanzUnited99
01-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Yay on immersing yourselves into the magic and getting loads done!! :cool1:

Lol that is wierd about the unopened carrot cakes being left on the table - I guess some people do not have a sweet tooth like the rest of us! :rotfl:

Haha your recap of Splash Mountain had me laughing as well - what a fun way to ride the attraction!

I know what you mean about leaving MK behind - I had the same feeling :goodvibes

Nermel9
01-20-2012, 06:20 PM
I love magic hours! You guys definitely got a lot done!

Splash is so much fun, I love the theming! I can't believe Space was so empty, I have never seen it like that! :scared1:

Your PP pictures are cute, you don't look tired or awkward or anything! :cool1:

amazingact21
02-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Woohoo for an awesome update! I'm so glad that the rest of your evening in the park was so productive!!!

Ok, I literally lauged out loud at the "get over here Toots" comment. I can so see my husband getting a little out of joint if the photog had called me sweetheart as well, so don't feel bad!

And for the comment on Space Mountain--I thought it was too funny as the last time we rode there was an older couple in front of me, and she too told me the same thing. Evidently, I laugh like a little kid, too. But then again, that ride makes me feel like a little kid!! I just can't help myself!:yay:

Gotta love the good luck of being let off the tram so close to the Batmobile!:thumbsup2

I loved that we got so much accomplished during Extra Magic Hours. And since that woman's comment to me, I try to pay attention to my reaction on rides. Don't want any more people getting a laugh at my expense.:rotfl:

Yay on immersing yourselves into the magic and getting loads done!! :cool1:

Lol that is wierd about the unopened carrot cakes being left on the table - I guess some people do not have a sweet tooth like the rest of us! :rotfl:

Haha your recap of Splash Mountain had me laughing as well - what a fun way to ride the attraction!

I know what you mean about leaving MK behind - I had the same feeling :goodvibes

I don't think it matters if you go to Magic Kingdom on your first night of a trip, knowing you have several more days at WDW, you'll always feel a little sad when you leave. It's just so hard to have to walk about into reality.

I love magic hours! You guys definitely got a lot done!

Splash is so much fun, I love the theming! I can't believe Space was so empty, I have never seen it like that! :scared1:

Your PP pictures are cute, you don't look tired or awkward or anything! :cool1:

We were pretty surprised that Space Mountain was so empty, as well. Normally the wait is 40+ minutes. I'm kind of scared to see what the wait time will be when I go in May, since BTMRR will be closed.:scared1:

Queenofallthings
02-01-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm all caught up again! I have to say as I was reading the post of MMY/Wishes...I could totally relate to how you were feeling! I don't get where people's heads are at ...makes me wonder whatever happened to common sense!

I'm glad your evening turned out much better than it began! That Dole Whip was the perfect way to start out after your fiasco!!

amazingact21
02-02-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm all caught up again! I have to say as I was reading the post of MMY/Wishes...I could totally relate to how you were feeling! I don't get where people's heads are at ...makes me wonder whatever happened to common sense!

I'm glad your evening turned out much better than it began! That Dole Whip was the perfect way to start out after your fiasco!!

I think in large crowds like that, people just become frustrated and that is piled on top of being hot and tired, and it just makes for a bad mood. I'm pretty mellow and patient but that incident was too much for me. :confused3

A good Dole Whip can do wonders for improving one's night, in my mind. :laughing:

amazingact21
02-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Okay, I admit, I have pushed this trip report to the side since I began my PTR. I just can’t stop thinking about my upcoming trip; I forget that I still have to finish last May’s report. Not to mention, I’m nearing the end of the trip, and I always get so sad thinking about having to leave WDW and remembering our last adventures in the park.

When I think about all those things, though, it eventually leads me to the amusing moments and memorable encounters that I have yet to record, which gets me motivated to write an update. I mean, I haven’t even gotten to the part of the trip that stands out the most in my mind. And I haven’t even brought up our last table service meal!

I have to get on this!

May 10th Early Morning:

Since Alex and I had stayed out so late the night before at Magic Kingdom’s Extra Magic Hours, we slept in really late the following morning. I had accounted for us needing at least one night of decent sleep, so I planned for us to spend the majority of the day exploring the World Showcase in Epcot. And because that part of the park doesn’t open until 11, I gave us a really easygoing morning.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image1-30.jpg

We loaded ourselves into the car at around 10:30 and drove to the TTC. I figured that since we had gotten such a late start, we could opt out of the afternoon break and head straight to Magic Kingdom when we were through with Epcot.

Before getting on a tram, Alex took one last picture of our row. (With my lovely shoes in the way.)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image2-28.jpg

We knew we didn’t want to end the trip the same way we’d begun…trying to track down our vehicle.

Unfortunately, we still managed to mess the whole thing up, but that’ll come much later.

After loading and unloading onto one of the trams, the two of us spotted the Epcot monorail sign and headed up the ramp.

Our carriage was waiting:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image3-27.jpg

One of my favorite things about Disney is the Epcot monorail. It’s kind of like the MK ferry in that it gives you a preview of what you’re about to enter. On the ferry, you get to watch Cinderella’s Castle as it inches closer and closer. You can’t peel your eyes off of it (at least I can’t) and all you’re thinking is, “Can’t this ferry go any faster?!?”

I love it...

And on the Epcot monorail, you get such a gorgeous view of the park. It’s like watching the trailer to an anticipated movie. You see certain scenes and you go, “That is going to be so awesome!”

This time around on the monorail was even better, due to the Flower and Garden Festival. Talk about an amazing view. Everything was bright and colorful and tasteful. :lovestruc

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image4-27.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image5-27.jpg

I could have sat in that (air-conditioned) monorail for hours, just looping through Epcot over and over again.

But, I don’t think I could’ve taken another chance at getting another “Daddy kid” in my car.

This “Daddy kid” was one of those memories that you just cannot forget. When Alex and I refer to this trip, we can’t help but include “the monorail of a thousand Daddy’s.”

You see, when we boarded the monorail, we sat down and were followed by a father, mother, daughter, and son. The son was probably 6 or 7.

And he was a whirlwind!

From the moment the doors closed, this is what Alex and I heard:

“Daddy, why is the door…Daddy, is this going to be, Daddy, long? Daddy, it’s, Daddy, sunny out, Daddy, is it going to, Daddy, is it going to rain, Daddy? Daddy, where are we, Daddy, going, Daddy? I love Epcot, Daddy. Daddy, Daddy, Daddy.”

After every word the kid threw “Daddy” in his sentence! Alex and I looked at each other and just started giggling, because we were in amazement. We couldn’t believe how many times this kid could say Daddy without showing the least sign of tiring. That's talent right there.:lmao:

And the father just went with it. He answered the kid’s questions and acted like hearing his name a thousand times was nothing new!

I wish I had something to record with, because if someone told me they’d heard a kid say “Daddy” every 3 or 4 words, I wouldn’t believe them. But it was true. He just kept going and going, like the energizer bunny.

By the time we exited the monorail, Alex and I were practically in hysterics. We could not believe it. For the rest of the day, one of us would stop and go, “Daddy!” and we’d both burst into laughter.

I almost felt bad for the poor father. I can only imagine how much patience he must have to be able to just go with it and not lose his cool.

Alex and I about fell on the ground laughing when we were entering the park, because, what would you know, that same family was walking beside us, and the kid was STILL going strong. “Daddy, what’s that? Daddy, can we ride the car ride, Daddy? Daddy, do you have some, Daddy, water?” :rotfl2:

We decided to detour to some topiaries to get ourselves together. We admired Mickey and Minnie and Pluto. They were really well done.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image6-27.jpg

Alex mentioned that he’d like to try out Sum of all Thrills again before we began touring World Showcase, and I didn’t see the harm in a quick detour.

We went inside Innovations, and it was practically empty. Everyone was away riding rides or seeing the various countries, meaning we had virtually no wait time for the attraction.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image7-23.jpg

I realized that after watching the video in the briefing room once, it’s pretty boring the second time around. Feels really long and dull. I ended up letting my mind wander.

And while it was wandering, I realized that Alex and I had only used one snack credit the whole trip!:scared1: Making a mental note of that, I prepared myself for a day of eating a lot of food.

When we made it to the building portion of the attraction, I let Alex have free reign to design the coaster. He enjoys that kind of stuff, and I have virtually zero interest in it, so it was a win for both us.

I chose to take pictures of his creation:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image8-20.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image10-18.jpg

Alex had chosen a jet this time around, and it was a lot more intense, with 3 inversions.

We put our belongings in a locker and climbed aboard the same machine we were in last time.

I wasn’t as big a fan of this coaster, because the inversions were a tad bit too much for me. I left feeling queasy, and I told Alex that I needed to walk it off and try to get my stomach to stop rolling. It felt like I had just done ission Space (the intense side) five times in a row.

Leaving the Innovations building, we started walking towards World Showcase, taking in the beautiful late spring day.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image11-15.jpg

There’s not much better than a hot Florida day, in my opinion. It’s what I consider home, and I couldn’t feel more at peace than I was at that moment. Of course, there was that tiny little voice inside my head trying to bring me down by reminding me that it was my last Disney day. But I just hushed him up and concentrated on making the most of my Epcot time.

Up Next…Are You Going Bashful on Me?[/I]

TanzUnited99
02-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Lol I'm delaying writing my next update for the exact same reason :rotfl:

Wow your pics of Epcot are amazing and I'm trying to rack my brains to think if we ever tried the monorail to Epcot - I don't think we did :sad2:

Haha at the 'daddy' story - hilarious!

Queenofallthings
02-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Loved this update! That picture from the monorail of all the flowers is beyond amazing...so beautiful! I can totally understand trying to juggle 2 reports now...not the easiest thing is it:rotfl2:

Nermel9
02-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Great update! I always put off finishing my TR's too, it's sad writing about the last day! :laughing:

Epcot is so beautiful during the Flower and Garden festival! I feel like we haven't gone on the Epcot monorail in such a long time, I will have to make sure we do that on our next trip, I love looping through Epcot before you get off!

amazingact21
02-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Lol I'm delaying writing my next update for the exact same reason :rotfl:

Wow your pics of Epcot are amazing and I'm trying to rack my brains to think if we ever tried the monorail to Epcot - I don't think we did :sad2:

Haha at the 'daddy' story - hilarious!

You should definetly try and ride the Epcot monorail on your next trip. It offers such a great view.

Loved this update! That picture from the monorail of all the flowers is beyond amazing...so beautiful! I can totally understand trying to juggle 2 reports now...not the easiest thing is it:rotfl2:

It's not, but I'm happy to know that once I finish this TR I can think about my upcoming trip. Makes ending this one a little less sad.

Great update! I always put off finishing my TR's too, it's sad writing about the last day! :laughing:

Epcot is so beautiful during the Flower and Garden festival! I feel like we haven't gone on the Epcot monorail in such a long time, I will have to make sure we do that on our next trip, I love looping through Epcot before you get off!

The Flower and Garden Festival is such a nice little extra for May trips. Naturally, it can't compare to F&W or the holidays, but it is still a great event to catch. I'm really glad it's going to be there when I go again in a few months.

Shannon84
02-05-2012, 05:18 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of EPCOT from the monorail with the flowers, that is beautiful!! I usually go in the fall time, so I really enjoy seeing what it looks like during the spring time!! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh I love the "daddy" joke that is too funny, I need a lot of patience before I start thinking about having kids :lmao:

PirateKate
02-18-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm glad I haven't missed the ending yet! Wow, losing the ring sounds very stressful! I'm glad it ended okay. Your experience with The Magic, The Memories, and Me sounds very similar to what happened to us on the 40th anniversary. Not fun! EMH sounds great, though. Reading about what you all did that night makes me really miss being kid free and staying out as late as we want.

amazingact21
02-21-2012, 02:56 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of EPCOT from the monorail with the flowers, that is beautiful!! I usually go in the fall time, so I really enjoy seeing what it looks like during the spring time!! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh I love the "daddy" joke that is too funny, I need a lot of patience before I start thinking about having kids :lmao:

Disney is spring is gorgeous! My favorite time to go is during the holidays, but if I had to pick any other time it would be around the Flower and Garden Festival.

I was in absolute amazement at that kid's stamina. I thought for sure he was going to run out of breathe eventually! :rotfl2:

I'm glad I haven't missed the ending yet! Wow, losing the ring sounds very stressful! I'm glad it ended okay. Your experience with The Magic, The Memories, and Me sounds very similar to what happened to us on the 40th anniversary. Not fun! EMH sounds great, though. Reading about what you all did that night makes me really miss being kid free and staying out as late as we want.

I don't think that night was as bad as the 40th anniversary, but it was still pretty ugly. I think that area is just a bad place to be during the nighttime shows, because the sidewalks are so narrow and everyone ends up bottlenecking. You won't see me around there anymore! :laughing:

It's great that you guys are going to WDW without your two boys this spring. I'm sure you'll miss them, but I'm also sure you are going to really enjoy staying out late and hitting up all the big coasters. :thumbsup2

amazingact21
02-22-2012, 11:38 AM
May 10th Morning:

With Sum of all Thrills behind us, Alex and I headed into the World Showcase. Near the entrance was a Winnie the Pooh display, most likely put there to promote the movie that was coming out a month later.

The Tigger topiary didn’t have anybody standing around it, so I jumped in really quick and did my best Tigger pose:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image1-31.jpg

Growing up, I also thought Tigger was a little reckless, I was more of a Piglet fan, but I still enjoyed sharing a picture with him…

While Alex and I were walking through Canada and the UK, I told him how we still had 7 snack credits left.

7 snack credits!!!:scared1:

We had a 1:30 lunch ADR, and I didn’t want to spoil my appetite, but desperate times call for desperate measures. We made a beeline for France, grabbing a quick picture of Aurora dancing along the way:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image2-29.jpg

I don’t know what was calling me to France that morning, but I felt like I could find something I really enjoyed in:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image3-28.jpg

The pastry shop!

And, boy did I pick correctly.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image4-28.jpg

The glass display cases were filled with éclairs, cheesecakes, brownies, cakes. I was getting a chocolate high by just being in the store!

Feeling adventurous, I decided to go with something I’d never tasted before.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image5-28.jpg

A crème brule. Normally, I go with something with chocolate as the main component, but I figured the brule would be lighter and not fill me up before lunch.

Alex went with the chocolate eclaire and felt like he’d stepped into heaven when he realized the filling wasn’t just cream, but chocolate cream. :cloud9:

The sun was heating up Epcot pretty good by that time of the day, so we escaped inside one of France’s building, wanting to get away from the humidity for a few minutes. And as luck would have it, there was an open table in the back of the room.

We ate our snacks and checked our phones and talked about how amazing the World Showcase is. I was really happy that I’d went with the crème brulee; it had a nice, light flavor to it. A perfect mid-morning treat.

As we were finishing up, I noticed a family scouting out tables, hoping to find an unoccupied one. I told Alex to stay in his seat and shuffled over to the parents. Tapping them on the arm, I told them to follow me.
I brought them over to our table and said that we were leaving, and that they could snag our seats.

They were immensely grateful, and who could blame them? No one wants to sit outside and swelter when they don’t have to. Plus, this family had sandwiches and drinks, and having a table to balance their trays on was probably very helpful.

Feeling even better now that I had done a good dead AND had sugar in my system, I suggested to Alex we take the boat back to Canada and start our tour over again, going more slowly and looking at the Flower and Garden Festival.

Alex agreed.

I had never been at the back of the France pavilion before, so I took my time strolling out of it, making sure to take in all the details:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image6-28.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image7-24.jpg

We went to the dock and waited, by ourselves (apparently nobody else wanted to ride the boat).

We couldn’t beat the view.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image8-21.jpg

Belle was behind some shrubs doing a meet and greet, and the line for her looked crazy! I could have understood if Beast was with her, but no…it was just her and her handler.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image10-19.jpg

DH and I had actually had a pretty pleasant time waiting for the boat to arrive. We took in Epcot’s globe across the water, all the colorful flowers lining the grass behind us, and we even watched some of the birds hang out next to us.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image9-20.jpg

If there’s one thing I know about Disney, it’s that you can’t fake the happiness you feel while there. Everytime I look at my Disney photos (such as this one) I go, “Gosh, I look like such a big kid. That smile is so goofy!”

It’s what puts that special seal on Disney. You know when you are in the world, you’re going to return home with genuine smiles and singsong laughter. It’s not like you have to pretend to enjoy yourself. The sights and sounds alone bring about a pure, unabashed joy inside your heart.

Nothing can beat it…

DH and I took an uneventful boat ride and started making our way through Canada and the UK. I took a ton of photos of the flowers and hedges we encountered:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image11-16.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image13-13.jpg

Alex spotted a pin booth in the UK pavilion and stopped to check their merchandise. He found a really cool Epcot pin that displayed all the featured countries’ flags, but he was on the fence about buying it. He asked the CM if he could see his pin lanyard and spotted one of those baby Hercules pins.

Alex loves Hercules and was on the lookout for the Disney Heros Hercules pin. Having had no luck, he decided to settle for the baby one and did a quick trade. As he was hooking his pin onto his lanyard, he saw the CM had a Festival of the Lion King pin.

“Whoa, Alicia! Look at this!”

My favorite movie is The Lion King, and my favorite show at WDW is Festival of the Lion King, so Alex became really excited when he saw a pin that was perfect for me.

Unfortunately, I’m a really shy person and hadn’t yet built up the nerve to do a pin trade yet. I was afraid the CM would think it was silly for an adult to be pin trading and would get mad if I traded an ugly pin for a really cool one.

I didn’t want to irritate the CM and waste his time, so I just waved Alex and away and told him we should continue on our way.

Well, the CM wasn’t having any of it.

“Oh, come on! Just take a peek at my lanyard.”

Well, just a peek…

“Look here, you have an Animal Kingdom theme going on with your lanyard, this F.O.T.L.K. pin would fit great with all the others.”

The more Alex and the CM tried to convince me to trade a pin, the more embarrassed I became. I just wanted to get the heck out of dodge.

I guess I began turning a nice shade of red, because the CM gave me a friendly hug and proclaimed, “Aw, are you going bashful on me?!”

As I was silently praying for my secret superhero powers to suddenly emerge and allow me to turn invisible, Alex tried to sneak a photo of the whole thing.

I wasn’t having any of it!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image12-14.jpg

Soon after that I managed to get out of there and escape back to the comfort of the sidewalk.

Alex found the whole thing hilarious and swore he was going to make me complete a pin trade before we left that day.

Hmm, yeah, okay, sure, not a problem.

I just said, “Yes, I’ll be sure and do it the next chance I get.” Just so I could end the conversation and return to enjoying all the WS beauty.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image14-11.jpg

While we were making our way back to France, Alex and I stopped to get some Photopass pictures:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image15-7.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image17-2.jpg

I thought the Beauty and the Beast topiaries were really cool, and I was glad to have my picture taken in front of them. I kind of wish Disney had had more PP photographers by all the other characters, because I would have loved to have gotten a picture in front of Cinderella and Prince Charming dancing and by the Lion King ones.

Oh well, I was still content with Beauty and the Beast…

Up Next…Oh, Wait, That’s a 100% Tip!

TanzUnited99
02-25-2012, 06:17 AM
Love the tigger pose! :thumbsup2

The snacks look yummy - luckily I just had my breakfast a short while ago so am good for now! :rotfl:

Lol at the pin encounter. Great PP pics!

MEK
02-25-2012, 06:49 AM
I got a little behind on your TR, but your last two updates were excellent! I so loved the F&G festival. It just adds that final touch to Epcot that makes it sparkle! Yum - that creme brulee looks delish.

Lovely PP pics and all your pictures are great.

Too funny about the little boy on the monoral. :rotfl: Isn't amazing how kids can go on and on like that? Daddy, daddy....daddy.......That is tiring!

Queenofallthings
02-25-2012, 07:06 AM
All your pictures are so pretty....F & G is so beautiful, I'm sad we're only there on it's last day this year, but hey, it's better than nothing!

:lmao: Love the pic of you and the CM....you'll remember that interaction for a while!:rotfl2:

amazingact21
02-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Love the tigger pose! :thumbsup2

The snacks look yummy - luckily I just had my breakfast a short while ago so am good for now! :rotfl:

Lol at the pin encounter. Great PP pics!

Looking back at that Tigger picture, I'm kind of scared to see what I'll do when I see the ACTUAL Tigger at Crystal Palace. :rotfl:

I got a little behind on your TR, but your last two updates were excellent! I so loved the F&G festival. It just adds that final touch to Epcot that makes it sparkle! Yum - that creme brulee looks delish.

Lovely PP pics and all your pictures are great.

Too funny about the little boy on the monoral. :rotfl: Isn't amazing how kids can go on and on like that? Daddy, daddy....daddy.......That is tiring!

I think the holidays are my favorite time to visit Epcot, but the F&G festival is a close second. It makes the park even more brighter, plus it gives a WS wanderer (like me) something else to look at while walking around.

All your pictures are so pretty....F & G is so beautiful, I'm sad we're only there on it's last day this year, but hey, it's better than nothing!

:lmao: Love the pic of you and the CM....you'll remember that interaction for a while!:rotfl2:

One day is better than none! Besides, maybe that'll mean everyone will visit Epcot less with the festival having ended, and then you get a less crowded park. :thumbsup2

Nermel9
02-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Great update, I'm so happy to be going back during the Flower and Garden festival this year!

I really have to try something from the France bakery! That was so nice to give your table to that family! :thumbsup2

OMG I would have died with that pin trading incident! :eek: I'm really shy too, and if I don't want to do something like that, forget it! Sometimes I can overcome my shyness and be really brave, other times, I can't and I'm crippled by the simplest things!

Your PP pics are really cute! :thumbsup2

amazingact21
03-20-2012, 04:47 PM
May 10th Lunch:

I ended my last update with Alex and I taking some Photopass pictures in France. After standing in the sun, smiling wide for the camera, we made our way to the Japan pavilion.

We’d never actually been inside this country before, so we were a little lost. It was about 12:15 and we had a 12:30 ADR that we had to try and find.

The two of us searched for some signs indicating where to go, but were coming up empty. Eventually, Alex went inside the gift shop and asked.

We were told to go inside this one building, and our restaurant would be on the left.

Okay, then. Time to eat.

Where? You ask…

Why, at:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image1-32.jpg

Alex and I are big fans of hibachi places, and this was a completely new dining location for us, so we were looking forward to seeing how good it was.

After giving our name to the hostess, we waited around about five minutes before someone led us to our table.

The layout of Teppan Edo was really calm, I felt. The restaurant was cordoned off into different rooms that had large open doorways. In each room there were 4 tables that seated (I wanna say) 8. The tables formed a perfect square, with a wide walkway in the middle so chefs could roll their carts in easily.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image2-30.jpg

We walked about halfway down the hallway before we were directed into a room on our right and were seated at an empty table.

It wasn’t long before another family joined our table. It was two parents with four children, and they were all really nice and polite. We didn’t really talk to each other, and at first I felt a little awkward. I wasn’t so sure how I’d feel about eating in front of total strangers, but because Alex and I sat down on the side, we felt like we had some of our own space. We all pretty much ended up going with the philosophy, “I’ll mind my business if you mind yours.”

When the chef first came out, she (which Alex and I thought was really cool; we’d never had a female chef before, and we have ate a lot of hibachis.) asked if anyone couldn’t use chopsticks, because she wanted to rubberband them together if not.

I had every intention of keeping my mouth shut and letting my chopsticks stay nice and comfy in their paper cover the entire meal.

But my oh so wonderful husband decided to speak up for me.

“She can’t!”

:rolleyes:

The chef smiled at me sympathetically.

Which kind of turned into humor.

“Hmm, another grown adult who can’t use chopsticks. Wonder what hole she crawled out of?”

Thanks to my husband and a silently mocking chef, I ended up with:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image3-29.jpg

The only nice thing that came out of it was that every other person at the table asked to have their chopsticks rubber-banded together. Even the other adults.

Hallelujah!:lmao:

The biggest disadvantage to sitting with strangers made me a little hesitant to take a million photographs of our food being prepared. I didn’t want them to think I was crazy!

Before long, though, the mom pulled out her phone and was snapping away, so I didn’t feel as embarrassed and managed to get a couple cute shots.

Here is the token steam out of the onion tower:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image4-29.jpg

After it finished, the chef added to onions to the top and proclaimed, “Look! Mickey Mouse!”

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image5-29.jpg

One of the highlights of the lunch.

Alex and I both ended up ordering the beef and chicken combo. I enjoyed the chicken, but the beef was a little tough for my liking. The noodles that accompanied the meal were delicious, though.

The portion size was unbelievable. Both of us couldn’t finish our plates, because there was just so many vegetables and meat. Which also led me to my biggest negative about eating with the strangers.

I have this weird habit at hibachi restaurants of waiting for all my food to be on my plate before I start eating. Well, the other guests at our table dug in as soon as the first food item was plated (the noodles). So when the veggies came next, they were ready for them. And when the meat arrived, they took, like 3 bites and were done.

Well, the waitress wasn’t going to take their dessert order until it looked like everyone at the table was finished.

So, I kind of had to speed eat through my food. Honestly, I didn’t even take the time to enjoy the taste of it, because I was thinking, “Oh man, these people are being held up on account of me!”

Didn’t make for an enjoyable time.:confused3

On top of that….as Alex and I were eating away, we heard something from the outside hallway.

Could it be?

Yep. It was.

Walking past our room was the monorail kid!

And what do you know, he was STILL going at it!

It was hilarious, hearing “Daddy, daddy, daddy,” once more. What were the odds of us seeing them again?

Probably pretty slim. But it sure made for a good laugh. The two of us just looked at each other and shook our heads, giggling.

When I finally ate all I could, both Alex and I ordered the ginger cake.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image8-22.jpg

It was good, but probably not something I would’ve gotten if I hadn’t been on the Dining Plan.

Finishing up the cake, Alex took the bill and began writing in the tip. As he was setting the book on the edge of the table, he all of a sudden realized he’d skipped a line on the receipt and was, in effect, giving the waitress the amount that was due as a tip.

“Whoah! Wait a minute, that’s 100% tip!”

My eyes bulged just a teensy bit.

The father at our table burst out laughing.

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I am ALWAYS a great tipper. But 100% on this particular meal would’ve cost us a night at our value resort.

I would’ve felt great for making the CM’s day, but it would’ve put a damper on my future trip savings.
:rotfl2:

Once the blurp was fixed, Alex and I left Teppan Edo and continued on our World Showcase tour.

Overall, Teppan Edo was a beautiful restaurant with great customer service, but I just don’t know if I can get over eating with strangers and feeling rushed. The food itself was tasty, and it would be great for a laid-back kind of day, because it was extremely filling, and because of that I’ll probably eat here again someday.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image9-21.jpg

Up Next…I’m Tired, My Legs Hurt, I Need a Margarita!

Shannon84
03-20-2012, 05:01 PM
I am so glad to hear your review of Teppan Edo!! I always skipped over it, because I can have hibatchi here in Richmond, but I am thinking that might be a great place during wedding time :goodvibes

I am the same way eating in front of others:rotfl: you are too funny!! My co workers eat so quickly it stresses me out :rotfl:

Nermel9
03-20-2012, 05:39 PM
I wasn't a big fan of eating with strangers at Teppan Edo either. We sat with another couple around our age, then a family with 2 kids, and the other couple ended up chatting with the family all night, and no one barely said anything to Brandon or I. :confused3 I mean, I'm shy anyway, so that was kind of ok with me, but Brandon loves to chat with people so I felt kind of bad that he was like, left out of the conversation. The food was ok, but it was nothing great. I'd like to give it another try, but probably not for a few years. Brandon really wants to try Tokyo Dining, so we'll probably do that in the Fall if we go back. :thumbsup2

MEK
03-21-2012, 06:49 AM
I have been wanting to go back to Teppan Edo and actually considered it for June, but since we are a party of two I ruled it out. I don't mind sitting at a table with other people, but I hate being in the minority. We would probably end up with a family of 6 with us too. :rotfl:

I think its great that you can wait and eat all components of the meal together. I definitely think its better that way, but I have no will power, especially for noodles. :rotfl:

Did I hear someone say Margarita? popcorn::

Too funny about the monorail kid reappearing!

amazingact21
03-21-2012, 09:30 AM
I am so glad to hear your review of Teppan Edo!! I always skipped over it, because I can have hibatchi here in Richmond, but I am thinking that might be a great place during wedding time :goodvibes

I am the same way eating in front of others:rotfl: you are too funny!! My co workers eat so quickly it stresses me out :rotfl:

I think for larger parties like wedding groups Teppan Edo would be a good choice. Kind of dinner and a show, and the way the tables are situated you could talk to everyone without anyone feeling excluded.

I wasn't a big fan of eating with strangers at Teppan Edo either. We sat with another couple around our age, then a family with 2 kids, and the other couple ended up chatting with the family all night, and no one barely said anything to Brandon or I. :confused3 I mean, I'm shy anyway, so that was kind of ok with me, but Brandon loves to chat with people so I felt kind of bad that he was like, left out of the conversation. The food was ok, but it was nothing great. I'd like to give it another try, but probably not for a few years. Brandon really wants to try Tokyo Dining, so we'll probably do that in the Fall if we go back. :thumbsup2

Yeah, eating with strangers can just be uncomfortable. I know that was the biggest problem I had with our Disney cruise. We had to eat dinner every single night with these two guys. We were nice to each other and shared some laughs, but all 4 us would have preferred to have eaten alone. :laughing:

I have been wanting to go back to Teppan Edo and actually considered it for June, but since we are a party of two I ruled it out. I don't mind sitting at a table with other people, but I hate being in the minority. We would probably end up with a family of 6 with us too. :rotfl:

I think its great that you can wait and eat all components of the meal together. I definitely think its better that way, but I have no will power, especially for noodles. :rotfl:

Did I hear someone say Margarita? popcorn::

Too funny about the monorail kid reappearing!

Yeah, I think if there were at least 2 other people we knew at the table it would've been better. As it was, it looked like Alex and I were crashing this family's lunch date. :rotfl:

amazingact21
03-27-2012, 03:15 PM
May 10th Early Afternoon:

Full and beyond ready to get back out to Epcot, Alex and I left Teppan Edo and turned right, towards the Italy pavilion.

The sun was really bright at this point, and both of us immediately felt the FL heat hitting us. It was uncomfortable, but we were used to worse, so we brushed it off our shoulders and slathered on a ton of sunscreen.

For the following thirty minutes or so, we walked off our lunch and took in the WS beauty.

Some of the spots around the country really take my breath away.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image1-33.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image2-31.jpg

We walked through Germany pretty quickly, but stopped to look at Rapunzel’s Tower by the mini train station. I’m sad that WDW took it down; I thought a lot of people enjoyed the display.

Before long, Alex and I found ourselves back at the Lion King topiaries and took some more photos.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image3-30.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image4-30.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image5-30.jpg

The couple who took this picture for us thought we were crazy when we asked them. You could clearly read their expression.

“You wanna photo…in front of THIS?”

Oh well, some people just don’t understand…

Moving along, we soon found ourselves in Norway and saw that a favorite attraction of mine was empty.

Maelstorm, of course…

You know, I love the thrill of Test Track and the technology (and soundtrack) of Soarin’ but I can’t help but feel Maelstorm is my favorite Epcot ride. I guess it’s a little bit of nostalgia. I remember waiting in the queue when I was 12, smelling the water with my mom when I was 14, laughing at the drop last two Decembers ago…

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image6-29.jpg

That turned out more blurry than we wanted.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image7-26.jpg

Ahah! Finally captured the troll. It’s a fine art. You have to wait for the wall to close behind you and the light underneath him to brighten.

Like always, the ride came to an end all too soon.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image8-23.jpg

Am I the only one who feels like this ride is too short?

I feel that way about a lot of the rides, though.

Toy Story Mania, Rock N Roller Coaster, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

There’s only a few that I feel like are perfectly timed.

Pirates, Haunted Mansion (it really gives you enough time to rest your feet and relax) Splash Mountain, Everest.

I guess it might be a good thing that some of my favorites are too short. Keeps me going back time after time.

I seriously debated going on Maelstorm again; I did not know when we would be returning and I wanted to make sure I had my fill, but in the end I decided not to. I was all too aware of time creeping away from us.

Probably because it was our last day at WDW, I kept the day was getting away from us. I knew there was some Disney lover far away in another part of the United States, praying for May 11th to arrive, because that was when they were due to arrive in the world. But for me, I just wanted the afternoon to slow down and let me take in as much of Epcot as I possibly could.

With that little nagging sadness making its appearance in me, Alex and I began walking past Norway. We soon came upon this:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image9-22.jpg

Up ahead of us, a group of women were walking towards us, with one woman yelling loudly, “I’m tired! My legs hurt! I need a margarita!!!”

I laughed out loud.

Clearly this was not a veteran WDW visitor. Otherwise she would have known that her best bet would have been to rest during this time.

And then her legs wouldn’t have been hurting.

But more importantly, if she were a vet, she would’ve known to veer to the left and track down the Cantina, where she could have had her fill of Margaritas.

Although we weren’t getting a drink, Alex and I found ourselves headed inside the Mexico pavilion.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image10-20.jpg

We wanted to escape the sun for a little while and I thought, “What the heck, why not?” The day was ours to do with it what we wanted, and I figured the two of us could go on a ride we’d never tried before.

The Grand Fiesta Tour.

Don’t worry, I wasn’t expecting anything grand or spectacular, I knew the gist of the ride. I just wanted to try it and see what I thought.

Just like the majority of the trip, there was no line, and we were placed in the front of a boat, with a Hispanic family of about 7 behind us.

(Throughout the whole ride they were pointing and yelling things out in Spanish. Ironic, much?)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image11-17.jpg

I had a slight issue with the boat this time around.

All the guys that boarded sat on the right hand side and it felt like the boat was tipping over. (To me, you can kind of see it in the photo.) I constantly felt like the boat was going to overbalance and topple us into the water.

Alex told me I was nuts, but I was seriously worried. I just wished the boats felt a little more reliable.

Otherwise, I actually liked the ride.

To me, it was incredibly relaxing from the moment it began.

Going around the temple with the fake stars shining in the dark set the tone for me, to where I was instantly calm and settled.

And I loved the way they did the fireworks at the end of the ride. A nice conclusion.

Alex took a few pictures when it was bright enough to while I sat back and let the air conditioning cool me down.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image12-15.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image13-14.jpg

Unlike Maelstorm, we went on Grand Fiesta Tour a second time, not quite ready to go back outside. We even managed to get the front row, again.

We’d spent about thirty minutes inside the Mexico pavilion and just like at Norway, time began ticking away inside my head. Stepping back outside, I was hit with a wave of heat.

It had gotten HOT! We realized quickly that we needed to come up with a plan. Walking around aimlessly had to end, it was just too hot out to keep up with that.

Up Next…Caramel Coma

Nermel9
03-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Great Epcot update! I know I keep saying this, but I can't wait to be there during the Flower and Garden festival! :flower3:

I LOVE Maelstrom! And YES it's too short! And so is Toy Story Mania! Seriously though, Maelstrom is not just one of my favorite Epcot rides, it's one of my favorite Disney rides, it's just SO good! And so unappreciated! :worship:

The Gran Fiesta Tour is one of my favorites too! I'm pretty paranoid about things, but I don't think those boats can flip over, it's Disney World, I think they're pretty safe! :laughing:

MEK
03-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Ah - the last day blues. I know the feeling. If you don't let that feeling creep in on you then it comes crashing down. But if you do let it creep in on you than it nags at you when you try to forget it.

Glad you liked the Grand Fiesta tour. I have always enjoyed the beginning of that tour.

Score on getting the troll on Malestrom. :worship: I need to get that picture!

It can get pretty hot in May. No wonder that lady wanted a margarita! :rotfl:

Joyciemc
03-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Helllooooo! I can't believe I've never read your TR! But I just read the whole thing, and am looking forward to the rest. I will also be bopping over to your May PTR soon. C'mon, MAY!

Bizarrely, my DH and I also have the super annoying habit of dressing alike unintentionally. His family were the first ones to point it out to us, and it has become quite embarrassing- no one believes that it's an accident. We've actually had to start doing a 'twinsie check' before leaving the house!

And.... even more funny is that we had an engagement ring catastrophe of our own- the DAY after I got the ring... and ours really was lost- in the ocean in St. Lucia. So I can 100% relate to the drama of your ring episode. *shudder*

amazingact21
03-29-2012, 08:26 AM
Great Epcot update! I know I keep saying this, but I can't wait to be there during the Flower and Garden festival! :flower3:

I LOVE Maelstrom! And YES it's too short! And so is Toy Story Mania! Seriously though, Maelstrom is not just one of my favorite Epcot rides, it's one of my favorite Disney rides, it's just SO good! And so unappreciated! :worship:

The Gran Fiesta Tour is one of my favorites too! I'm pretty paranoid about things, but I don't think those boats can flip over, it's Disney World, I think they're pretty safe! :laughing:

Maelstorm really is unappreciated! But I'm okay with that, because that means the ride usually has short wait times. :rotfl:

Ah - the last day blues. I know the feeling. If you don't let that feeling creep in on you then it comes crashing down. But if you do let it creep in on you than it nags at you when you try to forget it.

Glad you liked the Grand Fiesta tour. I have always enjoyed the beginning of that tour.

Score on getting the troll on Malestrom. :worship: I need to get that picture!

It can get pretty hot in May. No wonder that lady wanted a margarita! :rotfl:

It's a hard thing, dealing with the last day at WDW. I've only ever been for 4 or 5 days, and I am already worried about how sad I'm going to get when I am there for a week in a few weeks. :rolleyes:

Helllooooo! I can't believe I've never read your TR! But I just read the whole thing, and am looking forward to the rest. I will also be bopping over to your May PTR soon. C'mon, MAY!

Bizarrely, my DH and I also have the super annoying habit of dressing alike unintentionally. His family were the first ones to point it out to us, and it has become quite embarrassing- no one believes that it's an accident. We've actually had to start doing a 'twinsie check' before leaving the house!

And.... even more funny is that we had an engagement ring catastrophe of our own- the DAY after I got the ring... and ours really was lost- in the ocean in St. Lucia. So I can 100% relate to the drama of your ring episode. *shudder*

The dressing like habit gets old. I can't even count the number of times I've stepped out of the bathroom, seen Alex's shirt, and just yelled, "C'mon!" Or have Alex come into the room and ask me, "I feel like wearing this, I haven't put it on in awhile." and it completely matches my current outfit. :sad2:

Oh my goodness, I can't imagine losing my ring in the ocean. Talk about putting a damper on vacation! So stressful!

TanzUnited99
04-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Loving your photos of World Showcase...they look great :thumbsup2

Haha am the same with some rides...think they should last longer lol.

amazingact21
04-06-2012, 09:58 AM
I was looking back on my December trip report, and I’m in a little bit of shock. I finished that report in just over 5 months. I’m working on 11 months for this one! What the heck? Maybe I’m having a little bit of separation anxiety. I don’t want to say goodbye to this trip.

It was one of the better ones. After all, it’s the only one where we will ever celebrate our engagement, which had that air of shock and excitement to it. You know, that taste of, I don’t know what’s going to happen in the upcoming months, but let’s just enjoy the fact that we’re here and we get to wear an awesome button.

But I mean honestly, enough is enough. I’m about to go on another May trip and I need this one to be done! I’ve got buckle down and focus!

So with that, I bring you…

May 10th Mid Afternoon:

Alex and I had walked out of the Mexico pavilion and entered the center of the sun.

Or at least that what it felt like. It brought vivid memories of my summers in North Louisiana back to me, where the air's so thick with humidity that you can practically see the droplets of water in the air. I didn’t know what had happened in the span of 30 minutes that we were inside but whatever it was had raised the temperature about 10 degrees.

Alex reminded me that we still had SEVEN snack credits left and approximately six hours to use them.

Seven!:scared1:

How in the world does one let seven snack credits slip through their fingers?

I was still really full from our Teppan Edo lunch, but I knew I had to take one for the team and wolf down some more food.

Oh, the horror of it…:lmao:

I’d mentioned to Alex as we were passing by Germany that I’d heard great things about the Karmell Kuche store. I’d mention how I’d read about the caramel chewy bars on a TR, but do I really need to? We all know about them and we all know WHO’s trip reports made them famous…:laughing:

With all that in mind, the two of us set out towards the Germany pavilion.

I felt like I had been walking for days.

In the desert…

With no water…

“Alex, I can’t do it…you’re going to have to go on without me…”

Germany was like a mirage, shimmering through the heat waves, and I was the poor soul crawling on the ground, placing one scrabbling hand out in front of the other.

“It’s too much, Alex!”

“Here, take my card, use it wisely!”

Okay, that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but it sure felt that brutal out, and I did eventually tell Alex I needed to sit down and drink some water.

Well, it was more like whined about the heat and how sweaty I was getting and how the world was unfair, etc etc until Alex spotted an empty table near some shade and offered to stop there.

I couldn’t take another step, so I quickly obliged and gulped down an entire bottle of water.

When I started to feel a little better, I looked up ahead and saw the caramel store right in front of us.

“Seriously, we’re right here and we stopped?!”

Alex gave me a no-nonsense look. “You were the one who couldn’t take another step. Remember, you were ‘going to pass out’ if we didn’t stop immediately.”

“You could’ve told me we were practically there.”

Ah well, everyone has to feel like an idiot once in awhile…keeps them grounded.:rolleyes:

We walked inside the shop and were blown away by how much caramel there was. Caramel to our left, caramel to our right, caramel everywhere!

We took in all the displays:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image1-34.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image2-32.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image3-31.jpg

Sadly, there was no infamous Caramel Chewy Bar so we both had to settle for something else:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image4-31.jpg

I got the dark chocolate with caramel and Alex got the milk chocolate.

Now, remember, I was still full to bursting from lunch. I took a few bites of my snack, realized how rich it was, and had to throw most of it away.

I threw away chocolate!
:sad2:

That’s a crime in our house, but I just could not eat another bite. The chocolate was so, so rich and the caramel was sitting like a brick in my stomach with the heat.

I felt really bad about it, but I probably shouldn’t have ordered it in the first place.

The only good thing that came out of it was that I showed my mother the pictures from the store and, being a huge caramel fan, she wants to visit there next month. Made my job of “finding good snack for her” easier.:thumbsup2

With that little not so successful incident behind us, Alex and I decided we’d had enough of Epcot for this trip. Well, not really. Can you have enough Epcot? :confused3

It was more like if I didn’t get out of the park soon, I’d turn into a blubbery mess, digging my heels into the ground and screaming like a child, “I don’t wanna go! I don’t wanna!”

More to the point, I wanted some more Magic Kingdom time before we had to call it a night.

So, we strolled out of World Showcase.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image5-31.jpg

I kind of have a soft spot for this walkway, because on our Disneymoon, Alex and I stopped here to rest and watch the monorail go by. While we were sitting this elderly couple and a CM came up to us and talked about how they were celebrating their 50th Anniversary and gave us some tips. The CM overheard and we all talked for a bit. It was super sweet, and I’ll never forget how nice they were and how happy they were to be celebrating their 50th.

We got a quick PP photo, which I laugh at because I think it clearly shows that this was our last Disney day. We look worn out!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image6-30.jpg

Getting back on track….as the two of us were nearing Spaceship Earth, I decided to stop at the pin trading booth that right in front of the water fountain and Innovations. And it was there that I did my first ever pin trade!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image7-27.jpg

I was really excited about it and happy that I did it…without Alex and the English CM giving me a hard time.

I ended up trading this Mickey Mouse pin (which I was NOT a fan of) for a Test Track FP pin:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image8-24.jpg

I still have that pin, it’s on my lanyard which is hanging right in front of my computer, and I always catch myself smiling when I remember trading it. I kind of want to trade it on my upcoming trip, but then I think about how it was my first and all and think about how I couldn’t possibly get rid of it.

Hmm, we’ll see…

Participating in the trade made me so happy, that I thought about it the whole time we left Epcot. It distracted me from the fact that I wasn’t going to see Epcot again for months and months, and it made me not think about all the fun we had inside Future World and World Showcase.

It was a good defense mechanism, and I might have to do it again on my next trip.

Up Next…We’ll Sit on it and Come Back

amazingact21
04-09-2012, 11:47 AM
May 10th Evening:

Ah, the beginning of the end. Only two more updates left after this. Luckily, this one had one of the more memorable moments of the trip, so I have been enjoying thinking it over and remembering it while I write this.

The afternoon had somehow escaped us, and before either of us realized it, Alex and I were boarding the Tron monorail, heading towards Magic Kingdom.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image1-35.jpg

The Tron cover was nice, but I won’t lie, I’m pretty excited to see the Avengers one next month. I love superheroes and can totally see why they’d be fitting on a “highway in the sky.”

The ride was uneventful, as was the bag check and ticket turnstile. All the areas were blissfully empty, and it was nice to be able to enjoy the Magic Kingdom entrance without worrying about blocking someone’s way or accidentally stepping into a stranger’s picture.

We even stopped to get a few PP pictures, which we don’t normally do, but unfortunately, Alex and I look really goofy in them. I don’t know what was going on with us, but we were not on the ball! :lmao: (It was probably due to walking around in the heat in Epcot.)

The two of us made our way inside and caught this beautiful view:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image2-33.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image3-32.jpg

I have only recently come to appreciate this area, but now that I have, I think it’s great. It’s usually calm and quiet, and there’s so many places to duck inside when the heat gets bad or when a large crowd starts to pour forth from the entrance.

It was at this spot last October that Alex and I were given Fastpasses for any ride of our choice by a very generous guest, who’s only request was that we, “pay the magic forward.” :wizard:

I would’ve loved to have stayed there and soaked in the wonders of the park, but a certain store was calling my name.

The Emporium!

This was my first time doing some serious shopping in the store. I’d browsed before, but never with the intention of buying. But this evening both Alex and myself were on the lookout for some new shirts.

We spent thirty minutes looking around. I left Alex for a good chunk of time to check out the jewelry and bags, then we found each other near a huge Pirates display.

I came across some Mickey ears and tried them on as I was scouring Pirates gear, and Alex snapped a quick pic:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image4-32.jpg

I couldn’t pay him back, because he was smart enough to dodge the hat-wearing experience. If he wasn’t so much taller than me, I could’ve sneaked one on his head, but as it is my arms only reach to about his forehead.:laughing:

I searched around for a bit and discovered a Pirates of the Caribbean shirt that I liked. It was black with the ride logo written in gold on the front. I loved the simplicity of it, and I thought it’d be cool to have a keepsake from my favorite ride.

But I just wasn’t sure I loved it enough to pay Disney’s price for it.

I stood there for about five minutes contemplating my decision. If I bought the shirt, I wouldn’t have any extra shopping money left, and what if I found something I liked better? But could I pass up a shirt I really enjoyed?

I stood there, completely torn, until Alex made a very wise suggestion.

“Why don’t you think on it for a bit, then come back?”

:idea:

And I know, I know…trust me, the cardinal rule of “If you like it, buy it, because you might not find it again” was running through my head, but in this case there was a whole rack of shirts and I just wasn’t committed yet. So I broke the big Disney tip and left the Emporium without the purchase.

Without giving it much thought, Alex and I swung left on Main Street and instinctively found ourselves gravitating towards Thunder Mtn.

My feet knew where to go without me even having to tell them….

Of course, I don’t know what I’m going to tell my feet in a few weeks when they walk to Frontierland and are greeted with a blocked-off queue. :sad1:

It’ll be sad, but I’ll just keep in mind how great the Star Tours refurb was once it was completed.

The two of us walked through a practically empty line and were ushered into a corral on our left, where I watched the opening with baited breathe.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image5-32.jpg

Come on, mine train, I need one last go on my favorite ride!

Ahh! There you are:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image6-31.jpg

As usual, Thunder was perfection…and I was strong and left the ride after only one turn on it.

Since we were on an “Alicia’s favorites” kick, the two of us figured we’d hit Pirates one last time, as well.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image7-28.jpg

A quick, relaxing tour through the Caribbean shouldn’t be bad.

Like Thunder, the wait for Pirates was non-existent, and we were seated in row 6. Alex and I always like sitting in the back, it feels like we’re by ourselves, and we never have to worry about a camera flashing right behind us.

The ride was going great. We saw Davy Jones and looked on at my favorite scene, the two ships battling each other.

We glided under a bunch of Pirate feet and listened to the inmates whistling to the dog.

I felt like I had taken a tour of an old hometown. It was just the thing I needed on my last Disney night.

We floated past Captain Jack singing, glanced at the exit area right in front of us and then…

We stopped.

Ah, well….those things happen. Sometimes rides stop working, it kind of goes with the territory.:confused3

Alex and I sat back and waited, continuing to listen to Sparrow sing and enjoy his rum.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image9-23.jpg

After about the fifth round of Yo Ho the CMs were nice enough to turn the music off.

Can you tell we were sick of being reminded that Sparrow had chosen a pirates life for himself?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image8-25.jpg

The family sitting in front of us began to panic. From what we could make out, they had a dinner reservation at one of the resorts and were pushing it. I guess they really didn’t have any time to ride Pirates, but they wanted one last turn before they left.

The mom kept trying to call the restaurant and let them know the situation, but there was no signal inside the ride.

I felt bad, but what could you do in a situation like that.

In total, we were stuck on the ride for about 30 to 45 minutes. It was a long wait and the boat was starting to feel very uncomfortable. In the boat directly behind us there was a baby that was not a fan of the delay, and I couldn’t blame him.

Alex and I never became angry or frustrated, it was more that we were bored. We wished the ride would’ve stopped back by the fight scene or in the village, somewhere where we could’ve had a more interesting view, one where we weren’t being taunted.

Taunted?

What made the whole things eye-rolling worthy was the fact that we were the first boat near the exit. The ride stopped so close to the end that row 1 was actually next to Row 6’s normal exit corral.

Alex tried to take some pictures to put it into perspective:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image10-21.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image11-18.jpg

All the people in row 1 could’ve gotten out if they felt like breaking the rules, and everyone in our boat could’ve climbed over the seats and exited. (No one did, I’m just trying to explain how close we were.)

WE WERE RIGHT THERE!!!

It was brutal. To be that close and not be able to do anything about it. You couldn’t help but constantly think, “If this had just happened 2 seconds later, we could’ve been off and gone.”

After what felt like hours, the ride started up again and we moved the whole 4 feet to the exit. Alex and I were grateful to finally get out of the boat and stretch our legs.

As we were exiting the gift shop, we both agreed that I kind of had to buy that Pirates shirt now. I mean, what better way to commemorate the trip than with a shirt that reminded us of our interesting experience on the ride?:rotfl2:

I took the ride breaking down as a sure sign that I should buy the shirt, so we both headed back to the Emporium.

I grabbed the item and Alex discovered a shirt he really liked. They didn’t have one in his size on the rack, but he tracked down a CM and he went into the back and found the last one of that size left.

Score!

We went to check out and the friendly CM behind the desk congratulated us on our engagement and wanted to hear how Alex proposed. He seemed genuinely interested and asked if we’d picked a date or had any plans yet. It was really sweet of him, and I was reminded of why Disney is such a fantastic place.

There was a deal going on during that time that gave a half off discount on beach bags if you spent a certain amount of money, and since I live on the beach and use bags, I thought it’d be a good investment so I bought one.

And I’m so happy I did. The bag is fantastic. Extremely durable and fits a ton of items in it. I use it all the time now.

While the friendly CM was bagging my purchases, he asked if I collected keepsakes, and I said yes, so he threw in a couple of the plastic Disney bags in with my purchase. His response was, “These make for excellent scrapbooking pages, and they are so easy to get.”

This CM was wonderful....

I couldn’t thank him enough for all his help, and I left the store happy.

Up Next...Is That Your Final Answer?

UGAFan0829
04-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Yay for MK!!

Gosh, I can't believe how close to the exit you were on Pirates...that would really have stunk.

I agree that you HAD to get the shirt after that incident! See, if you'd bought it in the first place you probably wouldn't have gotten stuck!:lmao: Just teasing! I'd love to see a picture of it though, and the beach bag!

Like you, I'm sad that Big Thunder Mountain will be closed next month. I stinks that we won't get to take Mark & Jaden on all 3 mountains!:sad1:

Can't wait to hear what's next!

Aussiesalad
04-10-2012, 10:39 PM
“Alex, I can’t do it…you’re going to have to go on without me…”
Your description of Epcot on a hot day is PERFECT! I have literally crumpled onto the ground and convinced myself I was going to die while wandering through world showcase in the summer!

We always look exhausted in the last day pictures too. It's always funny to compare them to the first day when you arrive.

I threw away chocolate!
What??? I can't even...

That is so insane about pirates. I mean rides get stuck, that's theme park life BUT being that close to the exit would have driven me crazy! Of course the song would be stuck in your head for a few years after that, good work for turning that off CMs. A souvenir shirt was definitely in order :thumbsup2

MEK
04-11-2012, 04:36 AM
Not fully caught up yet, but boo for having to throw away chocolate. OMG, that must have hurt to do that.

Being stuck on pirates for 30 mins right near the exit. :faint:

So funny how you had the last day look in your pictures. I think you both look great, but I know that feeling all too well!

Grumpy's Wife
04-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Wow, your trip report is ending and I just found it. I did read through the whole report (took me two days).

Congratulations on your engagement, the wedding (beautiful pictures) and you'll be back to Disney next month. Maybe I'll find that trip report from the beginning. :rolleyes:

EPCOT's Flower and Garden Festival is my absolute favorite time of the year to be there. It's just so beautiful. We are going next June and I'll just miss it. Maybe they will still have some leftover flowers around.

amazingact21
04-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Yay for MK!!

Gosh, I can't believe how close to the exit you were on Pirates...that would really have stunk.

I agree that you HAD to get the shirt after that incident! See, if you'd bought it in the first place you probably wouldn't have gotten stuck!:lmao: Just teasing! I'd love to see a picture of it though, and the beach bag!

Like you, I'm sad that Big Thunder Mountain will be closed next month. I stinks that we won't get to take Mark & Jaden on all 3 mountains!:sad1:

Can't wait to hear what's next!

I did contemplate if I'd gotten myself into the Pirates situation by not buying the dang shirt in the first place.:rotfl:

There was a time that I skipped Big Thunder on my trips...now I can't imagine what my vacation will be like without it....:sad1:

I know for a fact I have pictures of both the shirt and the bag from my cruise and Disneymoon, because I brought both along. I'll have to browse through them and find some. When I do, I'll post 'em!

Your description of Epcot on a hot day is PERFECT! I have literally crumpled onto the ground and convinced myself I was going to die while wandering through world showcase in the summer!

We always look exhausted in the last day pictures too. It's always funny to compare them to the first day when you arrive.

What??? I can't even...

That is so insane about pirates. I mean rides get stuck, that's theme park life BUT being that close to the exit would have driven me crazy! Of course the song would be stuck in your head for a few years after that, good work for turning that off CMs. A souvenir shirt was definitely in order :thumbsup2

I know everyone says AK is the hottest of the all parks, and I agree, because it just gets really muggy there. But, in my opinion, World Showcase in Epcot is the worst! Give me AK any day. With WS, it's just sidewalks and kiosks with no shade whatsoever. :eek:

I think I would've gone crazy if they hadn't turned off the music. It came on a few times while we waited, but then stopped after a few seonds. :confused3

Not fully caught up yet, but boo for having to throw away chocolate. OMG, that must have hurt to do that.

Being stuck on pirates for 30 mins right near the exit. :faint:

So funny how you had the last day look in your pictures. I think you both look great, but I know that feeling all too well!

It did hurt to throw away chocolate...I would've saved it if I could, but it was just so hot, it would've melted immediately.:sad2:

That last day look in pictures can be pretty amusing. I can't wait to see what my mom and I are going to look like after a week of fun in the sun.:rotfl: Probably resemble something from the Haunted Mansion characters in the Boo to You Parade.:lmao:

Wow, your trip report is ending and I just found it. I did read through the whole report (took me two days).

Congratulations on your engagement, the wedding (beautiful pictures) and you'll be back to Disney next month. Maybe I'll find that trip report from the beginning. :rolleyes:

EPCOT's Flower and Garden Festival is my absolute favorite time of the year to be there. It's just so beautiful. We are going next June and I'll just miss it. Maybe they will still have some leftover flowers around.

Thanks for reading! I have that same habit of coming across a TR after it's over halfway done. But I sort of like when that happens, because then I don't have to wait for updates. :rotfl:

The Flower and Garden Festival is beautiful; I'm really happy we are going to catch it again this year. You never know about the leftovers. I know they kept some of the topararies out on display, so you might get lucky.:wizard:

TanzUnited99
04-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Mmm all these pics of Karamelle Kuche is making me want chocolate! :rotfl:

A shame that you didn't get your hands on the infamous Caramel Chewy Bar but wait one min...you threw chocolate away!!!!!!

I had to read the sentence again to make sure I was reading right! :lmao:

Oh no on POTC stopping but yay on going back for the shirt!

Shannon84
04-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Aww its a shame you had to throw away your caramel and chocolate! I have tried a few things there and had to throw half of it out, because they are so rich, but sooo yummy :goodvibes

Oh my gosh I think I would have had a panic attack on Pirates waiting that long and being so close :rotfl:

amazingact21
04-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Mmm all these pics of Karamelle Kuche is making me want chocolate! :rotfl:

A shame that you didn't get your hands on the infamous Caramel Chewy Bar but wait one min...you threw chocolate away!!!!!!

I had to read the sentence again to make sure I was reading right! :lmao:

Oh no on POTC stopping but yay on going back for the shirt!

I know, I know....it was really hard to throw that chocolate out! I won't make that mistake again!:rotfl:

Aww its a shame you had to throw away your caramel and chocolate! I have tried a few things there and had to throw half of it out, because they are so rich, but sooo yummy :goodvibes

Oh my gosh I think I would have had a panic attack on Pirates waiting that long and being so close :rotfl:

That caramel and chocolate is really rich! Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks it's a bit much, at times. Maybe I need to work on increasing my chocolate tolerance.:rotfl2:

The Pirates situation was brutal for us, but we felt worse for the family missing their dinner reservation. I think if I was in their situation and could see the exit, I would have cried.:confused3

amazingact21
04-26-2012, 12:42 PM
The Night of May 10th:

I ended up my last update with Alex and I back inside the Emporium, buying my Pirates of the Caribbean shirt and his Park Hopper tee. It was about 7 o’clock when we walked back out on Main Street, and both of us knew we still had 5 snack credits to burn.

I’m still in shock at how terrible we were about buying snacks. I promise I won’t be making the same mistake on this next trip.

Neither of us were very hungry, but I felt like I could use a nice cold drink, so Alex suggested we buy ourselves an ice cream float.

Great. :thumbsup2

While ordering 2 coke Floats, the CM behind the register noticed our race wristbands and went into this long conversation about the EE5K. It was cool to hear how much her and her teammate enjoyed the event and what they placed in, but she was holding up a very long line, and guests behind us were sending us dirty looks.

I was in such a rush to get out of there that when I picked up my ice cream float, I shoved a straw down in the drink and caused a volcano eruption all over the counter and my hands.

Whoops. Apparently, you’re supposed to use a spoon in the drink until some of the ice cream is gone.:confused3

With that disaster going on, Alex and I walked back out onto Main Street and found our usual sidewalk spot next to the Tomorrowland entrance. I gave DH guard duty over my drink while I ran to the restroom to wash my hands.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image1-36.jpg

Returning to Alex and our hangout, I checked the wait time for Space Mountain. So far we had only gone on the ride once, and I really wanted to one last spin before the end of our trip. The time was posted at 60 minutes, which put me in a serious predicament.

If we went to Space Mountain, there’d be virtually no chance that we’d be able to see The Magic, the Memories, and You and would have a poor view of Wishes.

But…if we stayed and waited for the nighttime shows, then the park would be closed and there’d be no last ride on Space.

The time had arrived to make a difficult decision.

I asked Alex what he would rather do, and like a smart fiancée he said he’d be happy with whatever I picked.

“Okay, let’s just go on Space Mtn and leave.”

“You sure?”

“Absolutely.”

“Then why haven’t you gotten up?”

“Because I’m letting the float settle and I’m tired and sitting feels nice after walking all day.”

“Then why don’t we just watch the fireworks.”

“Okay.”

“You sure?”

I frowned.

“No.”:lmao:

After a good five minutes of mentally making a pros and cons list for each choice, Alex interrupted my thoughts with “Look, it’s a beautiful night, we’re already sitting in a great spot, and yeah, sure, space Mountain is fun, but I think we’ll enjoy seeing Wishes just as much.”

Smart man.

“Okay, let’s stay here.”

“Is that your final answer?”

It was.

Alex, I believe, was happy with the decision:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image4-33.jpg

We leaned back and watched the castle change colors as it got darker and darker.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image2-34.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image3-33.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image5-33.jpg

I’m so, so happy Alex convinced me to stay where I was, because sitting on the sidewalk, watching our surroundings, chatting with each other, messing around on my camera, ended up being one of my favorite parts of the trip. It was relaxing and I had plenty of time to look around and appreciate the fact that I was in Disney World and was celebrating my last night there with fantastic weather (it had cooled down about 10 degrees since we left Epcot).

And seeing The Magic, The Memories, and You for the first time followed by the beautiful Wishes was absolutely magical.:love:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image6-32.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image7-29.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image8-26.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image9-24.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image10-22.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image11-19.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image12-16.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image13-15.jpg

The camera battery died halfway through Wishes, which was sort of nice, because the two of us were able to give our full undivided attention to the show, something neither of us rarely do.

When the fireworks were over, we waited around a bit, letting the majority of the crowd exit the park ahead of us. We knew it meant there’d be a backup on the monorail and ferries, but we were in no rush to leave the Magic Kingdom.

Like a boulder hitting me on the chest, I was hit with the realization that we were done.

No more parks left to visit.

No more chances to see Cindy’s Castle.

No more ride queue music to listen to.

It was extremely depressing.:sad1:

Normally, I’m a chatterbox, my mouth moving a mile a minute, thinking that if I don’t get everything I want to say out as quickly as possible, I’ll miss the opportunity and my listeners won’t ever get to hear all the important news I’m trying to convey.

I know it’s annoying as anything to my DH, but I also know he tunes me out and lets me go about my ramblings….

But that night, I was surprisingly silent.

What could I say?

I was leaving Disney World the following morning. A long conversation wasn’t going to change that fact.

Wanting to rip the band-aid off quickly, I turned away from the castle and walked down the middle of Main Street, the lights on the shops seeming a little duller than usual, the displays not quite as enticing as they were three hours ago.

Normally, I love the way Main Street looks at night, bright and shiny, but that night it was just another reminder of what I wouldn’t be seeing after tomorrow morning.

It was then and there that I decided I am never ending a trip in Magic Kingdom.

Any ending to a WDW vacation is sad, but leaving the MK on the last night is just wreaks havoc on the emotions. There’s only so much a Disney nut can take before they crack!

Thinking our night was over, Alex and I got in the insanely long line for the monorail. There were a bunch of people ahead of us who were cutting and pushing kids and trying to herd us closer together. That was not a fun experience, and Alex and I agreed that we’d rather wait for another monorail to arrive then push and shove other guests.

When we were finally able to pack into one, we were headed to the Contemporary when one of us (I think it was Alex) who realized something terrible.

Before I continue, let me take you back to several months ago, when I wrote an update title, “Searching for the Batmobile.” If you’ll scrape around your brain for a second, you might remember that on the night of the Expedition Everest 5K, Alex and I, being overzealous, forgot to write down what parking lot we were in, and ended up looking for our car for about 15 minutes.

It was a horrible mistake, and we swore we would never ever make that mistake again. Beginning the following morning, we were adamant about taking pictures of our parking lot before we got to the tram area.

And that system worked great.

Until our camera battery died during Wishes.

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!

We couldn’t help it….Alex and I burst out laughing on the monorail. How could we let that happen?!?!

But wait! As we were waiting for a tram at the TTC, I remembered that I had my camera in my bag.

We could just put the memory card in my camera and be able to view the pictures.

Duh!

We quickly made the switch, turned on my camera, then realized why that wasn’t going to work.

The pictures on the memory card were taken with a professional camera, and the format and size prevented them from being viewed on my little point and shoot.

Dang…

So, as we traveled on the tram towards the parking, we (once again) took our best guess at where our car was parked.

And this time, we remembered correctly. We were about 3 rows wrong, butwe got the lot right, at least.

Whoo!

Hopping in our car, we drove to ASSp to get ready for the inevitable…departure day.

Up Next…But What’ll We Do with these Snack Credits?!

Aussiesalad
04-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Haha yes! When in doubt always make a pros and cons list:thumbsup2
Sounds like a wise decision though, I love those moments you can just stop and enjoy being in Disney!
Ughhhh but I hate when that feeling finally hits.
Sooooo sad to know you are leaving the next morning!
The only answer is NEVER leave! Haha I wish!
That is so funny about the parking!
We spend at least a couple of hours per trip hunting out the carparks,
Trying to remember!! Doesn't help when you get a rental car and keep forgetting what it looks like!

MEK
04-26-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm so glad you stayed in the park and enjoyed the beautiful colors of the castle and the fireworks. Those pictures are so lovely. The last night is always so hard, isn't it?

So glad you were able to find your car!

amazingact21
04-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Haha yes! When in doubt always make a pros and cons list:thumbsup2
Sounds like a wise decision though, I love those moments you can just stop and enjoy being in Disney!
Ughhhh but I hate when that feeling finally hits.
Sooooo sad to know you are leaving the next morning!
The only answer is NEVER leave! Haha I wish!
That is so funny about the parking!
We spend at least a couple of hours per trip hunting out the carparks,
Trying to remember!! Doesn't help when you get a rental car and keep forgetting what it looks like!

Oh man, I didn't even think about what it must be like to search out a rental car!:rotfl: I would never be able to remember what kind of car I had or what color it was or anything. That would be an adventure, I'm sure...:lmao:

I'm so glad you stayed in the park and enjoyed the beautiful colors of the castle and the fireworks. Those pictures are so lovely. The last night is always so hard, isn't it?

So glad you were able to find your car!

I'm really happy we decided to stay where we were and relax. Sometimes, after several days running around in the various parks, you just need to take a step back and slow your pace down.

The last night is such a toughie. Time seems to fly when you're in WDW, and it feels like you've just arrived when it's already time to leave again.:sad2:

PirateKate
04-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Staying where you were to watch Wishes and the Magic, Memories, and You show sounds like it was the perfect way to end the night. It's always a hard decision between riding rides and watching fireworks, but on the last night, I'd go with the fireworks.

Nermel9
04-27-2012, 07:27 PM
That's tough, deciding between one last ride on Space and watching Wishes, but I think you guys made the best choice! You had such a great spot and sometimes it's nice just sitting, chatting, and watching Disney go by! :cool1:

Glad you were able to find your car!

amazingact21
04-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Staying where you were to watch Wishes and the Magic, Memories, and You show sounds like it was the perfect way to end the night. It's always a hard decision between riding rides and watching fireworks, but on the last night, I'd go with the fireworks.

I agree, it was a good choice. Riding rides like Space Mtn is fun, but I think taking the last night slow was even better. :goodvibes

That's tough, deciding between one last ride on Space and watching Wishes, but I think you guys made the best choice! You had such a great spot and sometimes it's nice just sitting, chatting, and watching Disney go by! :cool1:

Glad you were able to find your car!

Alex and I are so busy when we're at home that sometimes it's hard to get a long, easy-going conversation in. Being in WDW gives us ample oppurtunity to do this very thing, and to be able to look at the castle and watch Wishes while we spend quality time together is an excellent bonus!:thumbsup2

amazingact21
04-30-2012, 02:41 PM
May 11th:

Well, here it is, the dreaded final update.

The end of my trip…

It’s hard to think back on it (two weeks shy of a year ago) and remember how sad I was gathering all my belongings and closing our room door for the final time. It felt like it was just a day ago that I’d slid my KTTW card into the lock and entered my temporary home for the first time. All I could think about as I closed up my suitcase was how unbelievably excited I was to be staying at a Disney resort, and how shocked I was our room location.

I had to put all that in the past, though. It was another families turn to stay in the room and make magical memories at Disney.

Depressingly, I made the last trip to the car:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image1-37.jpg

Notice how much junk I’m toting? I see a pillow, a park bag, a backpack, and a camera bag…I suppose it can never be said that I pack light….:rotfl2:

Alex drove the car around to the check-in parking lot while I walked to the food court.

The pool looked so inviting, as if it was were yelling at me, “Hey! Jump on in! The water’s great!”

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image2-35.jpg

The day really was gorgeous.

The sort of day that would’ve made for a perfect park day.

Sigh….

All right, all right, I’m done with the self pity. All loyal Disney fans know this feeling and are forced to experience it with their trips, so I can just suck it up and get on with the conclusion.::yes::

Alex met me in the food court and we walked by the different food stations and the seating area.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image3-34.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image5-34.jpg

The original plan was to use our last quick service credits on breakfast, but we just weren’t in the mood for waffles and bacon. We threw that idea to the side and went to the beverage station to get one last precious cup of coffee.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image4-34.jpg

My last serving of Disney coffee!!! It was a solemn moment…

While I was filling up my cup, Alex came up with a brilliant idea.

Why not put off the inevitable for just a little while longer?

:idea:

All we were doing was driving back to his parent’s house, and that only took an hour. We didn’t want to spend money on another park ticket, but there was Downtown Disney, and that didn’t even have a parking fee attached to it.

Plus, there was Earl of Sandwich, a restaurant we’d been wanting to try for awhile now.

Great!

Let’s go!

We left All Star Sports through the lobby, smiling at the guests who were just arriving. They had that Disney look all over their faces. You know, that expression that screams happiness, excitement, and more than a hint of impatience to get to the parks and get the magic rolling.

I envied them a tad, but didn’t dwell on it for long. After all, Alex and I had just given ourselves a few more Disney hours.

As we were leaving the resort, we saw a man making balloon flowers and placing them in the pots that were right in front of the entrance doors. Such a cute idea…

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image6-33.jpg

We drove over to Downtown Disney and amazingly found an empty parking spot without circling fifty thousand times. It was meant to be!

Soon, we were seeing the familiar sights and shops that make up the shopping area.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image7-30.jpg

Not even wasting time pretending that we were interested in any other shops, Alex and I headed straight to Disney’s Pin Traders. We’d already blown our souvenir budget quite a bit, and by that point we didn’t really care. We just wanted to make a few more Disney purchases and soak up the atmosphere.

We both had been collecting the Heroes vs. Villains mystery pin sets that week, and I’d gotten 1 of the 2 that I wanted (Scar). Alex was still trying to get one from one of his favorite Disney movies, Hercules. They had a Hades and a Hercules one that he just couldn’t seem to get ahold of.

Each mystery pack contained 1 hero and 1 villan, and we felt like luck was on our side when we made our purchase.

We took the bags to a concrete bench, and Alex opened up his. The villan he got was the Queen of Hearts, which he said would become an immediate trade the first chance he got. (And it was…in our October trip, he traded it for a Cinderella pin for me.)

The second bag he opened had…

Simba!!!

The very pin that I’d been on the lookout for. When I discovered the mystery set, I bought it solely for the Simba pin.

He’s my favorite character from my favorite movie, and I think he’s severly lacking the way of pins. There’s not enough Lion King pins, in my opinion!

Without even needing to say anything, Alex handed me over Simba, and I danced in my seat. I felt pretty darn lucky to have gotten both Scar and Simba. Yet another sign that we were meant to go to DTD.

I opened up my first pin, and it Mowgli, from The Jungle Book. (I’d gotten Shere Khan a few days beforehand.) The Jungle Book is not a beloved film of mine, so I knew Mowgli would eventually end up in the trade pile. (I traded him for Jafar last October).

I opened up my second pin bag, and what do you know…it was Hades! Both Alex and I had gotten the pins we were looking for!

It was a great pin collecting day for us.

Putting the souvenirs on our lanyards, we tried to figure out our next move. We still had 3 snack credits to use up, and we figured the best place to do that was at Goofy’s Candy Shop. (A new store for us.)

We walked inside and ohmygosh….

Talk about chocolate overload!:love:

I thought I’d died and gone to heaven!

There was so many sweets!

Fudge and caramel apples and peanut butter cups and rice krispie treats and cupcakes and bagged candies…

Alex snapped photo after photo, amazed at the selection and size of each serving.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image8-27.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image9-25.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image10-23.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image11-20.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image12-17.jpg

I can’t even go in this store again on my next trip unless I want to spend all my snack credits at once.

It took us forever to choose. Alex really wanted to try one of the peanut butter cups, but he decided to skip it this go round and we bought 3 pieces of fudge. I remember one was peanut butter, but I can’t remember the rest.

We ended up leaving some with parent’s, and some with my family when we got back home. Then, for a few days after we returned to our home, we’d cut off a chunk and eat a bit.

It was unbelievable.

The one piece lasted us probably 4 servings, and it was still good after several days in the fridge. It was the best peanut butter fudge I’d ever had.

Having FINALLY spent all our snack credit allotment, Alex and I began to make our way to Earl of Sandwich.

I posed for a quick picture with some Winnie the Pooh statues along the way.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image13-16.jpg

Then we made it to an uncrowded EoS. There were a good number of people eating at tables and waiting to order, but nothing worse than you’d see at a local hot spot back at home. I’d read horror stories of the lines here, and was apprehensive that’d we’d be waiting a long time.

Definitely not the case, though. It was our final taste of low crowds at WDW. (I became so spoiled with this that I’m almost afraid if next week’s trip is busy, I’ll be upset that we missed our chance at empty parks.)

I ordered the Original with chips and a soft drink, and Alex ordered….I don’t know.

Normally, I am so good when it comes to remembering food orders, but with this meal I am completely clueless. (And I don’t think he remembers what he ate, either.)

The two of us filled up our drinks and sat at a table to wait. We admired our new pins, and realized with a dawning sadness that this was it.

It was time.

When our order came up, we took the bags and headed to the car.

We agreed that we should eat the food while on the road, because it was already 11:30, and Alex’s family was expecting us about an hour ago.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c384/Bamagurl821/May%202011/Image15-8.jpg

It was all right, though. We had gotten an extra two hours at Disney that we hadn’t planned on, and we ended up with so much extra stuff, that it was hard to feel too glum.

I think I’d run out of sadness the night before when I had to walk by Cinderella’s Castle and the Emporium and the Train Station. I’d accepted that this Disney trip was over.

Besides, once I got back home, I knew I could start planning my wedding and a potential Disneymoon. That would excite any newly engaged girl, and I was no exception. I briefly closed my eyes and imagined the future. The next time I would be in Disney, I’d probably be recently married and be wearing Bride ears and wearing a “Happily Ever After” button.

It was more than enough to brush away any potential tears that threatened to surface, and made me happy to see what next amazing Disney trip I could plan.

And with me relaying that thought to Alex, we drove out of Downtown Disney and away from the World.

UGAFan0829
04-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Aaaaah, what great thinking!:thumbsup2 I'm glad that you were able to extend the magic for at least a couple more hours! And I'm SO glad that you finally tried Earl of Sandwich! How did you like it???

Isn't it crazy how much stuff Goofy's have! I agree that I could definitely use all my snack credits in there. And that's where we usually end up when we're at the end of the trip and still have some to burn!

I'm sad that the report has come to an end, but it's okay since I know that I have your upcoming report to look forward to!:thumbsup2

Nermel9
04-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Glad you guys were able to extend your Disney magic for a little while, great idea going to DTD! :thumbsup2

I'm not into pin trading at all, but I'm glad you got some that you were looking for!