PDA

View Full Version : CP Credits not offered through local college

tiki23
05-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi,

None of our local colleges work with the Disney CP. I know that there are colleges at which you can "enroll" to earn the credit.

The credit can then be transferred to any college or credit program (AS, 2-yr, 4-yr)?

Does anyone know the cost to enroll in the alternate college?

Thanks!

tiki23
05-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Anyone? :)

beautybutafunnygirl
05-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Hi,

None of our local colleges work with the Disney CP. I know that there are colleges at which you can "enroll" to earn the credit.

The credit can then be transferred to any college or credit program (AS, 2-yr, 4-yr)?

Does anyone know the cost to enroll in the alternate college?

Thanks!

I'm confused- are you asking about which colleges have been known to give credit for the CP? Are you already going to an undergrad institution and trying to get transfer credit? There aren't any universal credits that can be transferred to ANY college or credit program, as every college has their own policy about what they accept.

tiki23
05-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the reply beautybutafunnygirl!

I copied the text below from the Disney website. I guess the pertinent sentence is in bold. I was just wondering if anyone had used this method and then transferred credit to their home college...and how it went.

There are other options that will allow students to earn college credit while on the Disney College Program. Central Michigan University, Tulane University, Purdue University, Onondaga Community College, Montclair State University, and Mesa Community College offer Disney College Program students the opportunity to register for credit at their respective institutions.

For information regarding the opportunities, please visit the following Web sites*:

•Central Michigan University - www.wdwcp.cmich.edu/
•Tulane University - www.scs.tulane.edu/disney
•Purdue University - www.tech.purdue.edu/Ols/courses/disney/
•Onondaga Community College - www.sunyocc.edu/disney
•Montclair State University - sbus.montclair.edu/disney
•Mesa Community College - www.mc.maricopa.edu/dept/d07/disney/index.html
Students participating on the program should discuss any courses and/or transfer credits that they plan to take with their faculty adviser. Also, please note the courses available through these schools will have tuition and other applicable fees.

Tigger1234
05-31-2011, 08:46 PM
I looked into the other universities since I thought that my university didn't accept the credits. Tulane University which is in Louisiana, you enroll in their continuing studies program and its 100 per credit hour. You can only take 9 through them though, I know the other colleges you listed some you can take 12 credit hours.