PDA

View Full Version : Character Performer Question

xItsCorx
05-17-2011, 11:29 PM
Had no idea where to post this question at but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask in here since I've had great help from here before :)

I applied for a full-time/part-time attractions position a few months back but have still not heard anything from Disney yet. I figured it's safe for me to assume that they don't like my resume' or just that they may not want to hire me at this time. Here's my question, if by any chance Disney has come to a decision not hire me at this time, am I still eligible to audition as a character performer? I've never been to an audition before so I know that isn't a conflict and I know the website says that if you've auditioned in the past 6 months that you can't audition but it doesn't say anything about if you've applied for a WDW position you're ineligible. So I would be grateful to anyone that can help me out with this.

On the same note, let's say for instance Disney has decided to not offer me a job right now because of something like I look like a job-hopper (which I honestly have had a lot of jobs for a short period of time, so that could be it) and thus I seem like I may be an 'unreliable person.' Would the people hiring for a character performer spot look at the same things and still turn me down? Or would that not matter if I for instance came in and nailed the audition and proved to them in person that I'm really fit for the job? I guess what I'm asking is, in the sense of applying for attractions, casting has the final say of who moves on for a WBI and an in person interview. So for auditions, do the people at the auditions have the final say in who gets hired or does everything still run back to the casting office? Thanks for the help guys!

-Corey

progroupie
05-18-2011, 02:28 AM
You can only apply once every six months even if you're applying for a different role. So you're able to audition, you'll just have to wait until it's been six months from the time you sent in your last application.

Disney really prefers for you to have held the same job for at least six months at the time you apply.

When you audition for entertainment you go through the audition if you're choosen for a role you then go through casting who are the same people who review any application so all the same guidelines apply and they aren't going to bend them even if they think you're perfect.

Although the reason you've never heard from them may have nothing to do with your job history. It just could be they weren't actively hiring when you applied and didn't pay much attention to your application. The benefit of auditioning is that they see you and you have the chance to make an impression on them and get to the interview stage with casting. I'm assumming you did an online application?

xItsCorx
05-18-2011, 03:35 AM
Okay I figured as such.

and yes I did do an online application :)

progroupie
05-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Then I would call them and follow up.

Berlioz70
05-18-2011, 10:33 PM
You can audition!!

Entertainment auditions are different then the regular casting. If you make the character pool, let them know you've already started the application process.

How far along are you in the application process? Did you take the WBI? Have you had your interview? Knowing that will help to know why you have not been contacted yet.

xItsCorx
05-19-2011, 12:38 AM
You can audition!!

Entertainment auditions are different then the regular casting. If you make the character pool, let them know you've already started the application process.

How far along are you in the application process? Did you take the WBI? Have you had your interview? Knowing that will help to know why you have not been contacted yet.

Okay, so I'm getting conflicting information here haha you say I can but someone else is saying I can't. Anyone else have insight on this?

As far as the application process goes, all I've done is submit an application. Haven't taken the WBI yet, and I haven't had an interview at all.

So am I able to, let's say, audition here in May now and still have the potential of getting hired as a character performer within the next few weeks pending they would want to hire me even though i applied in early April? Thanks guys!

progroupie
05-19-2011, 12:57 AM
Hm, maybe there's a way to change the role you're applying for without reapplying? That would explain it and make you eligible to audition.
I just know that before I auditioned they asked me if I had applied in the past 6 months because if I had I wouldn't be able to apply again.

Berlioz70
05-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Interesting that you have not taken the WBI - I would call Casting regarding that.

If you fail the WBI, then you cannot do Entertainment either.

However, Entertainment is always looking for specific people (you can find those listed on the audition website). So much so, that Entertainment is able to pull people from other departments to meet their specific requirements.

You can only AUDITION once every six months. Perhaps you misunderstood when they asked if you applied.

You can only APPLY to other Disney roles once every six months as well.

Those six months do not have to line up. So you can apply and then audition 3 months later. The only problem is if Casting gives you a firm no (aka, fail WBI or fail background). A firm no goes to ALL roles.

But technicially you haven't gotten a "no" you just haven't been contacted.

Here are a couple of follow up questions:

Where did you list your address (typically they are only interested in hiring Floridians for our hourly roles).

What type of role did you apply for (Part Time is popular right now, most Full Time gets filled from our Part Timers and Seasonal does hire for the summer).

Disney DOES need people, so if you listed a FL address then I'm not sure why you haven't recieved the link for WBI. From here you have to call.

Iris
05-19-2011, 08:23 AM
You can also update your online application at any time if you want to add roles you are interested beside the original attractions role you listed.

I agree with the updating of a Florida Address as well as updating the type of position you are seeking ~ Part Time v. Full Time.

Make sure everything is correct on the online application, especially the contact information. Once I had updated my online application with a Florida Address, I received the WBI link almost immediately.