PDA

View Full Version : Regretting not applying to CP

PrincessDreamer
05-17-2011, 02:34 PM
So, a few months ago I applied to a Disney PI, with the attitude of "whatever happens happens". I thought it would great to work for Disney, but I wasn't completely committed to it either, so I didn't bother applying to the CP, mainly because other people had convinced me that it was "beneath me".

Well, I didn't get into the PI I applied for, and now I'm really feeling like I missed my chance, and maybe I should have tried the CP. And because I'm graduating, that was probably my last opportunity. I guess I just didn't realize how perfectly the role would have fit me until it was gone.

What I'm really curious about is the eligibility for the CP and PI. I would have to confirm some of the details, but I believe my financial aid would allow me to take courses at a state school for free. Do I have to be enrolled in a 'program' or a full-time student to apply for Disney the following semester?

Please don't think that I'm rearranging my entire life to work for Disney, but I'm thinking of keeping my options open. If I try other jobs, and I think Disney is a better option for me, then it might be a nice second chance. But if I fall in love with another career path, then I probably won't lose much either.

If anybody has any other 'loopholes', then I'm open to that too.

Thank you

kenziekinz09
05-17-2011, 02:59 PM
You are allowed to apply as long as you're taking one class. I'm pretty sure grad students do the CP as well.

slp1650
05-17-2011, 04:12 PM
You can apply as long as you've recently graduated. I think that means that your program has to be 6 months after you graduated at the latest. Not 100% sure, but you can always email the PI and CP people to check.

disneymegs
05-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Follow up on this, but I think that you could do the CP after graduating and then apply for a PI the semester after your CP. You'll have a higher chance of getting the PI if you're a CP with a good looking record card anyway.

Berlioz70
05-17-2011, 06:45 PM
When applying for the CP you have to be CURRENTLY taking a class (doesn't matter what or how many credits).

The PIs have different requirements. Some require current enrollment, but many of the animal ones allow people who graduated within the the last X months as well. It will say in the job description.

PrincessDreamer
05-17-2011, 09:51 PM
So, if I take just one class next fall, I can apply for the CP and PI in spring? That would be excellent because I would still have time to hold a job.

keypooh90
05-17-2011, 10:17 PM
So, if I take just one class next fall, I can apply for the CP and PI in spring? That would be excellent because I would still have time to hold a job.

Yep. You just have to be enrolled in one class!

Shae
05-18-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm not sure what your major was, but did you ever consider taking a graduate class? That would allow you to apply for the CP and you could start working your way towards a masters in something you are already familiar with. I'm not sure if that's what you were talking about when you said you would take classes at a state school, but that would be my suggestion :) Also if you are currently in the CP you would be able to apply for the PIs that are only available to former CPs.

ohsnapxitsamanda
05-18-2011, 01:10 PM
I would definitely do the CP before the PI. There are many PIs that are only available to CP alumni. In order to do a CP, you have to be enrolled in at least one class, or the CP has to be done the semester after you graduate. I'm doing the CP for Fall 2011, and I just graduated 2 weeks ago. My check-in date is in August.

But I highly recommend doing the CP first because that opens so many more doors as far as PIs go.