PDA

View Full Version : PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL Information

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

murrayhaven
03-08-2005, 11:02 AM
just got off the telephone checking availability 3/21-3/23 for a standard room. regularly $374, AP rate $249!

jamesskripchuk
03-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew the best way for a discount during August.

We stayed at the HRH two years ago and got an awesome rate with the Entertainment card. My wife would really like to try the Portofino Bay. I called Universal and they told me they don't do Entertainment book discounts anymore. The best they could do was AAA for about $255 for a Garden View.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Jim

ksdave
03-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Call and ask what the Preferred Annual Passholders rate is. It is usually a pretty substantial discount. If you find a great rate, buy the PAP online before you go. Then you can also get discounts with the PAP on park tickets for the rest of your family, 20% off all merchandise, food discounts, free parking, etc., etc.

harmonize4me
03-29-2005, 09:43 AM
Hi! My husband and I will be staying at the Portofino end of May. I requested a Deluxe King on the West Side after reading many helpful posts here. Just wondering if any of you have stayed in a particular room that you really loved and would reccomend. Something romantic - maybe had a view of water with balcony. I know these are few and far in between but I figure it never hurts to ask right? Thanks!

thedisneymom
04-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Someone on this thread mentioned a king room with a bay view room 2333(not sure if its a deluxe). You can check with PBH by calling them directly and ask about bay view rooms and numbers.

JessicaR
04-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Hi! My husband and I will be staying at the Portofino end of May. I requested a Deluxe King on the West Side after reading many helpful posts here. Just wondering if any of you have stayed in a particular room that you really loved and would reccomend. Something romantic - maybe had a view of water with balcony. I know these are few and far in between but I figure it never hurts to ask right? Thanks!

Read here (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=777840)

MICKEY'S DREAMERS
04-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Is there a coin operated laundry at PBH?
Thanks

JessicaR
04-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Is there a coin operated laundry at PBH?
Thanks

No, not at PBH, they do have washers and dryers at RPR and HRH. You could plan a few hours at one of these hotels by the pool and bring your laundry. They allow pool hopping.

They have dry cleaning and laundry services at Portofino and it is very expensive.

Kaitysmom
04-13-2005, 11:10 AM
I am a newby to USO and have booked a AAA Bay View Room (two queens) for three nights in December for $227.20. How does this sound? I have opted not to go for club as there are too many negative reports here and we will probably be spending a lot more time at the parks as we haven't been in so long. Do you think we'll have any chances of getting a balcony or are these only offered for the suites? Is the West Wing the way to go for easier boat access?

thedisneymom
04-13-2005, 12:33 PM
You can request a balcony but it is not guaranteed(there aren't many). The west wing is the way to go if you want close to the boatdocks. You have requested a very nice location with a lovely view. Enjoy!

GRUMPYMOMOF3
05-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Can anyone tell me about the kids suites.we are planning a trip next april and we are a family of 5(three girls,11,11,7)and wonder if we should go with the kids suite or just a deluxe room.

thedisneymom
05-03-2005, 09:30 PM
The kid's suite has a separate bedroom with 2 twin beds and an extra tv .The main room has a king bed I believe. The deluxe is 2 queen beds I would go for the extra room kid's suite to give you a little privacy. You also won't have to watch cartoons. :flower:

SamR
05-03-2005, 09:52 PM
The kids' suite is a bit pricey, but if you can get a rate you are comfortable with, it is a very nice choice for families. A very nice room for mom and dad, and a second themed room with two twin beds, a TV, and a video cassette player.

We stayed in a kids' suite at PBH for a trip to USO about a year-and-a-half ago. I took a few pictures in the room...You can view them at: Portofino Bay Pictures (http://www.sam-reynolds.com/wdw-uso-dec-2003/pbh/index.html)

Enjoy your trip planning! :earsboy:

JessicaR
05-03-2005, 10:07 PM
SamR, your pictures are lovely! I especially love the picture of the bay overlooking the piazza! Just beautiful and it brings back great memories. :love:

A little more info on the kidsuite...
Usually for the $ of a kidsuite you can book 2 garden/bayview rooms. That gives you 2 bathrooms and lots more room. Ask about connecting rooms. If the kidsuite is what you desire it is not the same as the deluxe rooms. The kidsuites are std rooms with an extra kids room (small) I think the room is 700 sq, ft. A deluxe is 500. I like the deluxe bathrooms best but its not a huge reason to book that room.

We book a deluxe for 4 and we're very comfortable.

SamR
05-04-2005, 02:48 PM
SamR, your pictures are lovely! I especially love the picture of the bay overlooking the piazza!Thanks! The bay area at PBH is beautiful at night, and even more so at Christmas. It's the perfect place for a romantic after-dinner stroll :love: - Of course, we had three kids in tow, so that wasn't gonna happen! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

thedisneymom
05-06-2005, 06:29 PM
SamR
I have to tell you that seeing your pictures made me feel that I was there again,but seeing the Christmas tree makes want another trip this coming Christmas! It was so beautiful!

Terthunkin
05-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Hello. We stayed at RP when it first opened and loved it. We're going back the first of June for three days. I have RP for military rate of $160 and PB club level military rate of $270. We have two boys, 12 and 13 so I'm thinking we'll eat $100 of food daily in the club. Is it convenient enough to go back and forth to the parks to return to the hotel for food? Last time we were at RP we were so thrilled with the FOTL that we spent five days in the parks, open till close, re-riding all the great attractions. I guess I'd like an update on the club amenities and if people who have stayed there recently used them. Thanks, Terri.

thedisneymom
05-10-2005, 09:39 PM
It takes about 20 minutes from the park to Portofino. For $100 more a day use lots of soda, coffeee, and water.Also, take advantage of the terrific breakfast offerings, and there are only some smoked cold-cut type meats and a variety of cheeses from 5-7-NO hot foods. Then cookies at 9PM. If you aren't in the parks there are smoothies and energy type bars at 11:30 as well. Enjoy! :flower:

mousemaniac
06-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Do only the deluxe rooms come with a balcony or do some of the standard rooms also have a balcony?

Thanks for the reply.

Duanerice
08-07-2005, 07:01 PM
This is from my trip report I posted today:

Portifino Bay August 3 – 6, 2005

We just returned from 3 great nights at Portifino Bay. It was our 25th anniversary so needless to say; we did not have any kids with us . These was a relaxing trip to rest up and recharge our batteries. We have been to Universal many times so we don’t have the need to go when they open and stay until they close. We usually only go for a few hours everyday, usually at night. That is unless I make one of my solo “ride everything you can in 3 hours” trips.

Arrived at the hotel about 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday. I love the view as you are driving in. Kind of takes your breath away. I never got tired of seeing it as we returned on the boat.

Anyway, I had high hope for a nice room since it was our anniversary and I had called earlier and had even fax a letter to the front desk the day before (including our marriage license). We had a Bay View King room reserved. I had asked for the West wing or even an upgrade if any were available. I did say I was more than willing to pay for it, so I wasn’t asking for anything for free.

This was a surprise for my wife. She knew we were going to Orlando, but not that we were staying at the Portifino. I would have thought that when we checked in that they might start out with “Happy Anniversary”. The person that checked us in didn’t even know it was out anniversary. When we checked in there were no west wing rooms available. There were no upgrades available, no suites, nothing. Could be true, but I doubt it. The hotel wasn’t that crowded on Wednesday. Can’t say that on Saturday as it was a zoo. Oh yea, the self parking is great. Very convenient, right at the hotel. Not out of the way at all.

We were offered a Club Room for $80 additional per night, but decided we didn’t want it. First of all we wouldn’t use the services very much, second, it was queen beds not a king, but more importantly we didn’t want to be in that area of the hotel. When I think Club room, I think many, many kids in the hallways, the room next door and at the Club Room. Nothing wrong with that, but we were looking for a quieter hotel stay this time.

We were assigned room 1464 in the East wing. After staying there, I would don’t think I’d want the West wing. This side was much quieter than the West side. We were able to see the fireworks from our room the nights we were in the room. The walk to the boat was nothing, especially considering how long you’ll be walking in the park. I guess if you went to the pool a lot with kids you might want the West wing. But, we prefer to stay away form all that “excitement”.

The room was nice, great view. I cannot complain about the room or location. It is showing signs of wear and tear though. Probably needs a makeover pretty soon. The bed was comfortable with a choice of pillows. The coffee maker is a saving grace in the morning. Shortly after we arrived in the room, they brought the flowers that I ordered through the concierge a few days before.

We never did eat in any of the restaurants at the hotel. We were just never there at eating time. We did have a hot fudge sundae on 2 of the nights from the little place downstairs. AWESOME! Unfortunately they close at 10:00 p.m. If they stayed open, I bet they would be packed from 10:00 – 11:00 or so as people come back from the parks.

gooman
08-23-2005, 12:36 AM
I stayed at this hotel last OCt for Halloween Horror Nights, well we stayed for half a night. The room we had was a dump, from ceiling to floors, chairs and bedding were nasty. You would not of wanted to even sit on a chair. We switched rooms and it was worse!! I tried to get comfortable but felt my skin crawling and we decided to leave at 3am. This is after driving straight 12 hours. I stayed at the Holiday Inn on International Dr., much better.

I think all the on-site hotels are just trashed and not kept up. Portofino is in bad need of a renovation and so soon. They really should hire a better maintenance and maid staff to keep the place clean.

Wouldn't reccomend you drink or eat anything in the mini-bar. No telling how long it's been in there. Bet you could find something in one of them form when the hotel first opened.

I'll never ever stay at an on-site resort at USF. Stay somewhere cheaper and just buy the Express Passes if you want them. Sometimes you don't even need it.

MycatlovesEeyore
08-23-2005, 08:30 AM
DW will travelling to PBH for a conference in a few weeks. She has a "very important and pressing" question. How are the hair dryers in the rooms? Are they typical hotel quality or are they nicer. DW has very hard to dry hair, so she is wondering whether or not to take her hair dryer as we will be travelling with two children and four adults. Suitcase space is at a premium.

dpuck1998
09-03-2005, 10:04 AM
I stayed at this hotel last OCt for Halloween Horror Nights, well we stayed for half a night. The room we had was a dump, from ceiling to floors, chairs and bedding were nasty. You would not of wanted to even sit on a chair. We switched rooms and it was worse!! I tried to get comfortable but felt my skin crawling and we decided to leave at 3am. This is after driving straight 12 hours. I stayed at the Holiday Inn on International Dr., much better.

I think all the on-site hotels are just trashed and not kept up. Portofino is in bad need of a renovation and so soon. They really should hire a better maintenance and maid staff to keep the place clean.

Wouldn't reccomend you drink or eat anything in the mini-bar. No telling how long it's been in there. Bet you could find something in one of them form when the hotel first opened.

I'll never ever stay at an on-site resort at USF. Stay somewhere cheaper and just buy the Express Passes if you want them. Sometimes you don't even need it.

LOL pirate:

Daryl
09-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Wow, I've never stayed in a better kept hotel and I've been a guest there about 10 times. I will say this, if you are arriving late, call, speak to a manager and make sure they hold your room. Gooman had some really bad luck, here's hoping your next trip is better!!!

dpuck1998
09-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Daryl,

Its his first post...I really doubt its at all true....my best guess is he is trying to keep people from going there!! Pretty lame ehh...

boomer626
09-06-2005, 06:27 PM
I noticed on the Loews website (press release info.) that all rooms at the PBH are undergoing renovation from September through November. Mostly updating the design of furnishings and carpet. Sounds pretty good.

boomer626
10-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Spoke to PBH front desk today and room renovations are ahead of schedule. Should be completed by end of October now instead of November.

TigrLvsPooh
10-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Hello!

We stayed at the PBH back in October 2001 and really enjoyed it. We are thinking of staying there again this spring... what has changed over the last 4 years? Do they still have that awesome buffet dinner? Thanks!!! :goodvibes

thedisneymom
10-22-2005, 05:41 PM
The hotel is still beautiful and there is a buffet at one of the hotel restaurants. I think Friday night is a character dinner.When you call for ressies they can help in that area. There is also sit down dinners at Mama Dellas and the new Bice. Don't forget about the pizza place too! Enjoy.

Muffy
10-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Spoke to PBH front desk today and room renovations are ahead of schedule. Should be completed by end of October now instead of November.

Wow, great news!

Where is the buffet at PBH? TIA

Muffy

boomer626
10-24-2005, 05:57 PM
Trattoria del Porto has a breakfast buffet. Not sure about lunch or dinner - I don't think so.

thedisneymom
10-25-2005, 01:54 PM
Yes, they also have a breakfast and lunch buffet. The Friday and Saturday buffets have meat dish selections whereas, the weekday is a pasta buffet only. The dessert table is great! Check if Friday is still character dinner-Scooby Doo and Woodywoodpecker.

Lives4Disney
11-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Hi, :wave2: I booked our first ever Universal trip for March 23 - 26. (Just a quickie before heading to WDW for a week) In over 30 trips to WDW, we have never tried Universal. :rolleyes1

Just wanted to subscribe to this thread as I have less than no idea about anything Universal. PBH was the only hotel available so I snagged it. Can't believe it, as it is so early!!!

The restaurants sound awesome!! Gotta try Mama Della's!

I have 3 kids and booked a club level deluxe room. It sounds like it is pretty large, but I am interested in a kid suite with club level priviliges. Any of those exist??

Also, I was reading the other threads and it sounds like there are lots of stairs and the resort is pretty spread out. I have a daughter that is vision impaired and uses a white cane. Steps/stairs are not good for her. :sad2: Does anybody have a recommendation for a room or area of the hotel that is closest to elevators and the lounge maybe, too???? Is there a better resort choice for us if something opens up?

Thanks for any advice & info!!

Lives4Disney :earsgirl:

boomer626
11-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Just returned from Portafino, and discovered that many of the club/deluxe rooms now have pull-out sofas. We cancelled the roll-away we had ordered. I think these were added as part of the recent remodeling - in fact we had to have maintenance come in and remove the packing straps from the sofa bed because it had never beed used and wouldn't open. The front desk seemed to indicate that not all the rooms had them, so this should be a request if you have a party of five. The newly remodeled rooms in the Villa wing were really beautiful.

littleEinsteins4
01-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Hello, I'm new to this thread, thanks for all the great info. just a few questions, What is the lowest $$$ season to go? What months? Also is there transport to dis? Is it kid friendly?
Ana

dorisdvu
02-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Hi, :wave2: I booked our first ever Universal trip for March 23 - 26. (Just a quickie before heading to WDW for a week) In over 30 trips to WDW, we have never tried Universal. :rolleyes1

Just wanted to subscribe to this thread as I have less than no idea about anything Universal. PBH was the only hotel available so I snagged it. Can't believe it, as it is so early!!!

The restaurants sound awesome!! Gotta try Mama Della's!

I have 3 kids and booked a club level deluxe room. It sounds like it is pretty large, but I am interested in a kid suite with club level priviliges. Any of those exist??

Also, I was reading the other threads and it sounds like there are lots of stairs and the resort is pretty spread out. I have a daughter that is vision impaired and uses a white cane. Steps/stairs are not good for her. :sad2: Does anybody have a recommendation for a room or area of the hotel that is closest to elevators and the lounge maybe, too???? Is there a better resort choice for us if something opens up?

Thanks for any advice & info!!

Lives4Disney :earsgirl:

What rate did you get for PBH 3-23-3-26?

FeeFeeWhite
02-01-2006, 05:05 PM
The hair dryers are new and okay, but not for very long or thick hair.

Lives4Disney
02-02-2006, 09:56 AM
What rate did you get for PBH 3-23-3-26?

Doris - I am now getting an AP rate of $369/nt for a deluxe club level room. My rate started at $439, dropped to $395 with AP, and then I checked a couple of weeks ago and the AP rate dropped to my current rate. I will keep checking! ;)

If you go to the Loews hotels website and put in the APH code when you check room rates, you can see availablity.

I bought the AP for the room discounts and other discounts - dining, shopping, parking etc.

Lives4Disney :sunny:

dorisdvu
02-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Doris - I am now getting an AP rate of $369/nt for a deluxe club level room. My rate started at $439, dropped to $395 with AP, and then I checked a couple of weeks ago and the AP rate dropped to my current rate. I will keep checking! ;)

If you go to the Loews hotels website and put in the APH code when you check room rates, you can see availablity.

I bought the AP for the room discounts and other discounts - dining, shopping, parking etc.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to be there during that time as well. My rate is $344 per night for a Deluxe Queen room. This was the WinterLoews rate. I have AAA but this rate was cheaper. I found a cheaper price yesterday on several websites for $306 per night and completed the "Best Rate Pledge" info on the Loews website. So far I haven't heard anything. I had just made my reservations a few hours before, so I made the 24 hour window. The rates on the other websites have gone up today. Hopefully they will stand behind their "Best Rate Pledge". We'll see.

mkymouse4ever
02-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Just read in frommers' travel guide that one pool is only for suite and concierge guest? I thought they changed this, anyone know?

thanks, mky princess:

Fan2CSkr
02-27-2006, 11:16 AM
It used to be that only those guests you listed could use the Villa Pool. It hasnt been that way in years. The Villa Pool is also where they have their cabanas and all hotel guests may use this pool.

Mommy Poppins
02-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know how to check military rates on their website?

lindalinda
02-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Code for military rates is MIL

*Flower*
03-01-2006, 05:56 AM
Is the military rate only good for active duty personnel or can retired military use the rate also?

Sashbear
03-10-2006, 07:54 PM
:blush:

What is an AP rate? How do you get this? I have booked the PB for the first week of April. A club floor room for $409 a night gulp! (And the last night is actually $479 a night!) I am finding the rates a bit steep...can I do better?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much...

lindalinda
03-10-2006, 08:07 PM
AP rate is for Annual Pass holders. You put in APH as the code. You can try it and see if it would get you a better rate, but thats spring break so I'm not sure if any would still be available by now (kinda doubt it). Anyway, for next time, you can find discounted rates with the AP that can make up for the cost of the pass, plus you get discount on merchandise and food.

Sashbear
03-10-2006, 09:31 PM
:blush: So this would be an annual pass to Orlando Studios that I would need to buy to get a discount on their hotels?

Fan2CSkr
03-10-2006, 11:38 PM
:blush: So this would be an annual pass to Orlando Studios that I would need to buy to get a discount on their hotels?

Its called a 2-Park Preferred Annual Pass and you can find it and all the discounts it provides here. http://www.universalorlando.com/annualpass/index.php.html :goodvibes

Sashbear
03-11-2006, 12:49 PM
So does only the person booking the room need to have the pass then? (I am asking as we actually get 5 consecutive night of Universal passes for the stay)...

minijaffacake
03-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Hi

I am trying to find the best deal at the moment for a deluxe room at the PBH in October. Virgin Holidays have run out of their deluxe room allocation and so am going to have to book direct if I want a deluxe. I have signed up for the Loews membership and will buy a Preferred Annual Pass to get the benefit of the discounts. I have been onto the Loews website and I wondered if anybody could tell me how much tax is payable on top of the daily room rate? The website states 2 amounts, 6.5% and 5% and then says more taxes apply!! I dont want to go ahead with the booking to find that the $296 room rate increases hugely with the amount of tax added on.

Thanks

Motherfletcher
03-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Add the two for a total of 11.5%.

Lives4Disney
04-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Hi

I am trying to find the best deal at the moment for a deluxe room at the PBH in October. Virgin Holidays have run out of their deluxe room allocation and so am going to have to book direct if I want a deluxe. I have signed up for the Loews membership and will buy a Preferred Annual Pass to get the benefit of the discounts. I have been onto the Loews website and I wondered if anybody could tell me how much tax is payable on top of the daily room rate? The website states 2 amounts, 6.5% and 5% and then says more taxes apply!! I dont want to go ahead with the booking to find that the $296 room rate increases hugely with the amount of tax added on.

Thanks

Helpful hint - Print out your email from PBH with your rate info on it and bring it with you.I just got back from my first stay at PBH and was not too happy because they did not honor my APH rate. This room discount was the only reason I purchased an AP to UO. I won't go back. I did not have my email printed out to PROVE to them (as they wanted proof from me) that my rate was $369/nt. They basically said "tough" to me when I told them I called the middle of January and received a lower rate. It is not much money, but the principal of the thing and their snotty attitude didn't help, either. I was NOT impressed with their customer service at all. It was not my favorite hotel. Oh well....we moved on to the GF for 9 nights and had a dream vacation there.

Motherfletcher
05-05-2006, 06:43 AM
Frequently asked PBH questions:
Pool Hours
Beach Pool Sun.-Thurs. 8am-8pm, Fri.&Sat. 8am-10pm
Cabana rental $75
Villa Pool 6am-11pm
Cabana rental $75 with Deluxe upgrade an additional $25
Hillside Pool 8am-8pm
Dive-In Movies Saturday at dusk
Game Room 8am-12 midnight
Concierge desk 7am-10pm

Motherfletcher
05-26-2006, 07:32 AM
Room assignment thread:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=669284

thedisneymom
06-17-2006, 12:44 AM
Are they still at the villa pool? Has anyone been there recently and whats showing. Weather has canceled every evening's movies last year and I'm hoping for a glimpse this year. Anyone know the hot club items at PBH recently? Thanks!

goNDmay9
06-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Are they still at the villa pool? Has anyone been there recently and whats showing. Weather has canceled every evening's movies last year and I'm hoping for a glimpse this year. Anyone know the hot club items at PBH recently? Thanks!
Not sure where the dive in movie is. They were not showing them when we were there.

As for the hot club items - We just got back and we had fried ravioli for Tuesday night and stuffed mushrooms on Wednesday night. Not sure of the other nights cause we were not there in time. The cheese / meat tray was nice too. Cold cuts and cheese and crackers. Decent snack.

yourgoingagain?
06-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Does anyone have the e-mail address for the manager at the PBH?

I'm a Loew's Platinum member so we automatically get the suite upgrade and have even been bumped to Villa suite a couple of times. On a trip this November (will be my 4th to PBH in 2006) I'm bringing my sister and her husband. I already have a 2 bedroom portofino suite for 3 nights (requested a balcony) but I want to see if there is anything special that can be done. I am taking her as a way of showing my gratitude for her taking care of my brother while he was dying of cancer. She has tried to be the mother of the family since ouur mothr passed away several years ago. I just am trying to make it as nice as possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

FeeFeeWhite
07-06-2006, 09:06 AM
I would make sure you get her to attend the Opera Singing at night. I am almost certain that if you tell the manager you would like a special table set up they will.

Maria395712
07-08-2006, 09:16 PM
I am plat so what do I book to get an upgrade to a villa parlor
maria

LOVETHATPOLY
07-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Dive-in movie was "Madagascar" last week. :)

krissyb
08-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Definatley splurge and stay at the PBH. The decorations are magnificant. We have a hugh Christmas tree, and the Italian atmosphere is amazing. You will enjoy yourself.

damo
08-04-2006, 02:48 PM
What is a villa suite? Can 5 people sleep in one?

Motherfletcher
08-10-2006, 05:34 AM
The Villa Suite is a parlor that has a living room, a kitchenette, a bathroom with shower, an 8 person dining table and its connected to a deluxe king on one end and a deluxe double queen on the other. The dining, living and bedrooms all have separate balconies. With the double queen we slept 5 with ease.

Fan2CSkr
08-10-2006, 10:49 AM
The Villa Suite is a parlor that has a living room, a kitchenette, a bathroom with shower, an 8 person dining table and its connected to a deluxe king on one end and a deluxe double queen on the other. The dining, living and bedrooms all have separate balconies. With the double queen we slept 5 with ease.

One time the villa suite we stayed in didnt have any balconies but it did have floor to ceiling windows overlooking the bay. What a GREAT suite! :)

Motherfletcher
08-10-2006, 03:00 PM
True. The best ones are on the top floor of the West wing and they have balconies.

roe
08-15-2006, 11:58 PM
Do you have to request a refrigerator in the standard rooms at PBH or do they automatically have them? :confused3

yourgoingagain?
08-16-2006, 07:08 PM
you have to make a request

Motherfletcher
09-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Our Villa Suite had a fridge but that's abnormal.

disneyloveNY
09-22-2006, 08:19 AM
I was at PBH 9/15-9/19 in a deluxe room which had a fridge without asking for it.

Scrappy Annie
12-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Good Evening Universal DISer's. I am in the process of recuiting Cheerleaders for the WPASADI Contest to begin sometime tommorrow!! Our Team is representing the Orlando Hotels, Universal (THE BIG U) and SeaWorld Boards!!! Please consider being an Audience Member and Cheerleader! Our Team is the Best and can use our support!!!! Other Boards have Had a Huge Turn Out for Cheerleaders and I know that we can scrap up a few more of you!!! We are going to Have a BLAST and hope you will Join us for the Ride!!! Just Click on the Link in my Signature and Stop in to Say Hello!!!!! Hope to See You There!!!!!

mhogan
12-17-2006, 03:21 PM
My family of 8 will be staying at the Portofino Bay Hotel in February 2007 and we have booked two adjoining Bay View rooms with the APH rate of $164/night. Is it worth it to pay an additional $20/night to go to a Deluxe Room? Or $100 more for a club level room?

It will be 4 adults and 4 teenage boys so any thoughts on whether the additional cost is warranted would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help !!!

LOLA2
12-20-2006, 04:37 PM
We have a deluxe queen with pullout sofa sleeper booked for October. Can anyone please tell me what the pull out is like? A Singe or double? Aslo if I want to be on West side do I request now, a couple days before hand or when I check in? I want to be close to boat dock and beach pool. Also waht kind of views do these rooms offer?

Thanks

LakeAriel
12-27-2006, 02:28 PM
My family of 8 will be staying at the Portofino Bay Hotel in February 2007 and we have booked two adjoining Bay View rooms with the APH rate of $164/night. Is it worth it to pay an additional $20/night to go to a Deluxe Room? Or $100 more for a club level room?

It will be 4 adults and 4 teenage boys so any thoughts on whether the additional cost is warranted would be greatly appreciated.

That seems like an incredible price! I was quoted $260 something, AAA, for August. Is February value season at Universal or does it really pay to get one APH?

damo
12-27-2006, 03:16 PM

When in Feb. is that. We have ressies for late Feb. and our rate is about $100 higher!!!

mhogan
12-30-2006, 09:46 AM
We are going to be there in Mid February. I think the APH discount ends on the 16th of February. With the rates as reasonable as they are, I didn't know if it was worth it to request deluxe rooms instead of Bay rooms in the west wing?

If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks !!

Fan2CSkr
12-30-2006, 10:51 PM
We have a deluxe queen with pullout sofa sleeper booked for October. Can anyone please tell me what the pull out is like? A Singe or double? Aslo if I want to be on West side do I request now, a couple days before hand or when I check in? I want to be close to boat dock and beach pool. Also waht kind of views do these rooms offer?

Thanks

The pullout is a queen. They are comfortable. I would make your requests on your reservations now and a few days prior call to confirm your requests. You can request a view of the beach pool or the bay some have villa pool views too. You could also request a balcony or patio although they are not in abundance and not guaranteed. The deluxe rooms at Portofino are great! :thumbsup2

googler
01-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Is there a fee for the fitness center? If you're lowesfirst does it make a difference? What if you are lowesfirts, but you can't add your lowesfirst number to your res becuase your there for a convention?

I'm sitting in the club lounge with my 2 kids and 2 club staffers. There has been several kids here this afternoon but they just brought out the 9 o'clock cookies and milk and no one is here to eat them but us!
We are watching 50 First Dates and playing on the computers.
This morning at 6 I got my son up and we went to the fitness center. I am surprised that this amenity has not made the reviews. The steam room is awesome and the sauna is nice as well. I kind of stumbled on the co-ed whirlpool which is a "must do". I know when I suggested the fitness center as an option to the in room bath facilities it was frowned upon based on the room cost but the spa is ten times as nice as the deluxe bathrooms on club level. The service and the facilities are nothing less than elegant. Six in the morning is the perfect time to have the place to yourself.
I have to go get some more of those macadamia cookies!

Motherfletcher
01-03-2007, 05:35 AM
:welcome: googler!

There is a fee for the fitness center. I have never paid it but I think it is $12 per day. The fitness center is free if you are Club level or Loews First members. My last visit was work related and I was awarded my Loew's First priviledges and was upgraded to a suite. We have had discount rates that include APH, FLO and FAN and still received LF amenities so I don't see why you can't add your LF number at check in.

googler
01-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the kind welcome - I was thinking of trying to add the number at check-in. I called to add my number and they said that since it was for a convention (group rate) that I couldn't add my number to the reservation.

Perhaps I should call the front desk with my number the day before or the morning of my reservation to add it... What do you think?

I also just called the hotel to ask about the fee for the fitness center. $12 is correct. I asked if it was waived for for LowesFirst memebers - no. The lady even called the front desk to verify. I told her I thought I had read on the website that is was free for members. She said, nope. I just told her thanks and hung up.

Has anyone else had experience with adding their number to a group rate reservation? This is one where I am not even paying for it myself directly. All the rooms are being paid by the company running the convention.

Thanks again!

:welcome: googler!

There is a fee for the fitness center. I have never paid it but I think it is $12 per day. The fitness center is free if you are Club level or Loews First members. My last visit was work related and I was awarded my Loew's First priviledges and was upgraded to a suite. We have had discount rates that include APH, FLO and FAN and still received LF amenities so I don't see why you can't add your LF number at check in.

Motherfletcher
01-03-2007, 09:13 AM
http://www.loews-first.com/loewsfirst_benefits.asp

The LF website says access to the fitness center for all LF Members (even Blue or brand new members). I'd try to add your LF number at check in. I did this my first stay at PBH and they added it. I wasn't using a "qualifying" rate either. I've added the number at other Loew's hotel locations at check in as well without incident.

googler
01-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks again - We'll see how it goes - it would be easier if I actually had the card. I'm going to have to just tell them the number. I've also been upgraded to Platinum (comped from HH Diamond), but LowesFirst said that wouldn't show up in the system for about 4 weeks. They could call the hotel directly and inform them of my status, but they wont do it for this stay since it's a "non-qualifying stay."

[QUOTE=Motherfletcher;16195706
The LF website says access to the fitness center for all LF Members (even Blue or brand new members). I'd try to add your LF number at check in. I did this my first stay at PBH and they added it. I wasn't using a "qualifying" rate either. I've added the number at other Loew's hotel locations at check in as well without incident.[/QUOTE]

googler
01-03-2007, 07:34 PM
I took a closer look at the benefits page: loews-first.com/loewsfirst_benefits.asp (add www at the beginning
and it seems to me that a "non-qualifying rate" only applies to the Partner Rewards and Eligibility. For example. There is no asterick or other footnote for "access to the fitness center." I tried calling the front desk to have them add my Platinum number to my reservation - no go.

Anyone else read it this way? Think I have a case?

Thanks again - We'll see how it goes - it would be easier if I actually had the card. I'm going to have to just tell them the number. I've also been upgraded to Platinum (comped from HH Diamond), but LowesFirst said that wouldn't show up in the system for about 4 weeks. They could call the hotel directly and inform them of my status, but they wont do it for this stay since it's a "non-qualifying stay."

Fan2CSkr
01-03-2007, 09:36 PM
I took a closer look at the benefits page: loews-first.com/loewsfirst_benefits.asp (add www at the beginning
and it seems to me that a "non-qualifying rate" only applies to the Partner Rewards and Eligibility. For example. There is no asterick or other footnote for "access to the fitness center." I tried calling the front desk to have them add my Platinum number to my reservation - no go.

Anyone else read it this way? Think I have a case?

I havent read any posts regarding anyone denied access to the fitness centers when not booked under a qualifying rate. Technically entrance to the fitness center using your loews first membership is considered a benefit of one using a qualifying rate. Personally, I wouldnt sweat it at all. I've been going for years and have never been questioned when entering the fitness center at any of the three.

As far as getting your # applied, I would wait till you check in.

http://www.loews-first.com/loewsfirst_terms.asp
LoewsFirst benefits and mileage or points awards are based upon completion of a qualifying stay at any Loews Hotel. A qualifying stay is any rate published by the hotel. Group, negotiated, third party, government, Universal Passholder and Universal Florida residents rates do not qualify. Not valid with any other discount program, coupon, complimentary or promotional offer.

Benefits:
Access to the Fitness Center
Welcome Amenity
Free room upgrade
Late Checkout
Guaranteed Availability
Partner Rewards

magical4us4
01-05-2007, 08:44 AM
How busy is Presidential weekend? Do the crowds tend to get huge, and if we stay at PBH, do we really get on the rides quicker than those staying off property?

yourgoingagain?
01-05-2007, 08:21 PM
yes, as a guest of one of the 3 on-site resorts you will get front of the line access by showing your resort room key. It really doesn't matter how crowded it will be so enjoy!

doubletroublemom
01-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi:

I just got upgraded to Loews First Platinum :cool1: I was able to get a free upgrade to a Portofino Suite. I know that the bedroom portion will have 2 queens. Does anyone know if the parlor area has a pull-out couch? I was hoping not to have to sleep in the same room as the kids ;)
I couldn't tell from the room layout that I found. Also, it looks like we'll be getting 2 bathrooms. Is that true?

Thanks a bunch :love:

Fan2CSkr
01-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Hi:

I just got upgraded to Loews First Platinum :cool1: I was able to get a free upgrade to a Portofino Suite. I know that the bedroom portion will have 2 queens. Does anyone know if the parlor area has a pull-out couch? I was hoping not to have to sleep in the same room as the kids ;)
I couldn't tell from the room layout that I found. Also, it looks like we'll be getting 2 bathrooms. Is that true?

Thanks a bunch :love:

Congrats on the upgrade! The parlor has a pullout double/queen sleeper sofa. There are 2 bathrooms too.

doubletroublemom
01-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Thanks....sounds like I won't have to see the kids at all!!!:lmao:

damo
01-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks....sounds like I won't have to see the kids at all!!!:lmao:

That is the same upgrade we are getting. When are you going? We are going late Feb. and plan on taking lots of pictures.

Since we will have two teens along, it will be wonderful having the extra bathroom and television.

calgarygary
01-18-2007, 08:07 PM
We have been upgraded to a parlor suite for our stay this July and got a pretty decent rate through AAA. I have searched for pictures of the parlor area but can't seem to see any. Where can I find pictures of the parlor. Also, does anyone know why the maximum occupancy is 5 if you get the 2 queen beds and a double pull out couch.

momof2inPA
01-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Is $239 an ok rate for the end of June? I think I can try for a suite, but DH lost his card. Can you just call Loews and have them look it up?

Fan2CSkr
01-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Is $239 an ok rate for the end of June? I think I can try for a suite, but DH lost his card. Can you just call Loews and have them look it up?

Gardenview room? I dont think thats too bad at all for high season. Ask about AAA and super saver rates too. You can call Loews First # and they will issue a replacement as well as tell you your # over the phone.

momof2inPA
01-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Gardenview room? I dont think thats too bad at all for high season. Ask about AAA and super saver rates too. You can call Loews First # and they will issue a replacement as well as tell you your # over the phone.

Oh thanks. I'll call tomorrow. That is a AAA rate, and I think you can still ask for an upgrade with the AAA rate, can't you?

Fan2CSkr
01-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Oh thanks. I'll call tomorrow. That is a AAA rate, and I think you can still ask for an upgrade with the AAA rate, can't you?

Yes you get all Loews first benefits with a AAA rate. The suite upgrade at booking is for platinum but gold can get an upgrade to a premium room at booking. Both are based on availability.

TigerLilly's Mom
01-30-2007, 04:42 PM
I just booked a portifino suite for March 1 - 5. I am pretty excited, as we have never stayed there. I would not say it is our first choice, but everything seemed to booked up and we could only get a suite upgrade (necessary for the kids) at the Portifino. I refuse to say what I paid for this room :eek: , but I just cannot take this New Hampshire weather any longer. I really need some fresh warm air, and sunshine.

We have stayed at the HRH and RPR before, so I am interested to see how the PBH compares. I know the space will be nice - I read somewhere that there are two bathrooms, is this true? We are not in a villa suite, just a regular. Also, how about balconies? TIA !

yourgoingagain?
02-16-2007, 02:57 AM
Yes there are 2 bathrooms (one in parlor and one in bedroom). I asked the front desk once if any of the parlor suites had balconies and was told they do not. I hope the weathers nice when you arrive.

disneyfan67
03-04-2007, 01:40 PM

I was going to stay originally at the RPH in July on the AAA rate for about 200 dollars a night, give or take a couple dollars. HRH didn't have any AAA rate rooms left, so no dice there. I put my reservation on a 24 hold for RPH and talked it over with the wife. I called back the next day to book it and on a whim, I asked if they had any rooms at the AAA rate left at the PBH. I thought they would have had none left, but I was able to get a garden view room at $239 a night and booked it that day. I thought it was a good rate for what I'm getting and the PBH has a lot bigger rooms than the 335 sq feet I was going to get at the RPH. I'm really looking forward to staying at the PBH and checking out that beautiful resort. All I need to do is buy my park tickets and figure out what restaurants I want to try. I'm getting my list kind of narrowed down for the two nights I'll be there.

calgarygary
03-04-2007, 11:38 PM
disneyfan67, I don't know if you are a Loews First member, if not, visit their website and join the loyalty program as your perks start with your first stay and AAA rates qualify. It could give you a room upgrade at check in.

disneyfan67
03-04-2007, 11:46 PM
disneyfan67, I don't know if you are a Loews First member, if not, visit their website and join the loyalty program as your perks start with your first stay and AAA rates qualify. It could give you a room upgrade at check in.

I'm a member but they haven't sent me a card yet. I joined a while back and have the number, but ended up calling them to get one sent to my house. I hope it arrives soon. I been reading some info on these boards and from what I can tell, I shouldn't get my hopes up about an upgrade on my first visit. It would be nice though.

LOLA2
03-13-2007, 11:42 AM
We booked a deluxe room with sofa sleeper for October. Are these rooms in a particular wing or or they spread out? Hoping to be close to family pool. Also, since we are going to be doing HHN in October does anyone know about daycare. We will have a 12 yo and 6 yo. Do they serve dinner. Do they give pager? Is security pretty good? Is there somewhere for the little ones to lay down? They will be there from prob 4:30-11:00.

macraven
03-13-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm a member but they haven't sent me a card yet. I joined a while back and have the number, but ended up calling them to get one sent to my house. I hope it arrives soon. I been reading some info on these boards and from what I can tell, I shouldn't get my hopes up about an upgrade on my first visit. It would be nice though.

call loews and ask them for your loews first number.
write it down and keep it in a safe place.

sometimes the hotels do ask for the loews card. if you do not have it, tell them the number and that will be accepted. that happened to me the first time i used the loews.

i have had upgrades when i was on the blue card.

hope you get the free upgrade......throwing mummy dust your way for good luck!

Fan2CSkr
03-17-2007, 02:05 PM
We booked a deluxe room with sofa sleeper for October. Are these rooms in a particular wing or or they spread out? Hoping to be close to family pool. Also, since we are going to be doing HHN in October does anyone know about daycare. We will have a 12 yo and 6 yo. Do they serve dinner. Do they give pager? Is security pretty good? Is there somewhere for the little ones to lay down? They will be there from prob 4:30-11:00.

Make sure you confirm the sleeper sofa. We stayed in a deluxe queen that didnt have one. The day care is at Campo Portofino and this info is off the website. They offer dinner for an extra charge and we did get a pager when we used them. They had an area the kids could lay down. My kids loved it there but it has been years since they needed to stay there.
http://www.universalorlando.com/ht_pbh_recreation.html

When Mom and Dad want to enjoy a night on the town, you can drop the kids off at the Campo Portofino® supervised children’s activity center.

Kids will enjoy play mats, an arts & crafts table, storybook corner, computer desks, a movie room, and more.

Counselors are trained to supervise toilet-trained children ages 4-14 only. One counselor for every 8-10 children.

COST: $12 per hour, per child / $12 per meal

HOURS: Open from 5:00 pm to 11:30 pm, Sunday through Thursday and from 5:00 pm to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. *Times are subject to change.

RESERVATIONS: Please call 407-503-1200 for reservations and more information.

mikkiwikki
03-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Ok - so grandparents offered to watch kids for 3 days and this will be my and hubbies FIRST vacation without kids (they are 6 &4)

SO as you can imagine we are LONG overdue.

Minutes ago I just made a reservation to Portofino Bay Hotel in Universal

I have never ever been and I am SOOOO EXCITED.

:cool1: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cool1:

Dislifer
03-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Ok - so grandparents offered to watch kids for 3 days and this will be my and hubbies FIRST vacation without kids (they are 6 &4)

SO as you can imagine we are LONG overdue.

Minutes ago I just made a reservation to Portofino Bay Hotel in Universal

I have never ever been and I am SOOOO EXCITED.

:cool1: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cool1:

That is very exciting!!! When are you going? I am staying at Portofino in December...so if you are going before....please...details, details, details!!!

DoleWhipMom
03-24-2007, 04:18 PM
We are going 4th of July week and got the AAA rate of $239. I'm a gold member with Lowes so we got upgraded to a deluxe room for the price so I'm very happy! It says that being a gold member, we might be able to upgrade to a suite for $35 a night at check in. Does anyone know if that's only for the suites everyone is talking about or can it be used to upgrade to "club" level? With 3 kids (ages 9 to 15) it might be worth the extra $. I didn't realize that some of the deluxe rooms have patios. I'll have to change my request! I've already requested the kid's pool.

For a previous poster - We've stayed at the PBH and the HRH before. Although the HRH was nice, we like the PBH better, even the kids. I found the staff to be nicer and it's just beautiful.

By the way, I've noticed that there is a special running for $239 a night for a regular room without the AAA discount on the booking website.

Can't wait to go - already have my tickets, got the 7 day w/Blue Man - great price. We are also doing Discovery Cove this trip. Yippee!

mary1007
04-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Which restaurant in the Portofino would be the best to celebrate my daughter's 8th b-day on our trip? Also, do you think the hotel would be willing to do something a little special in our room like balloons or something when we arrive?

damo
04-04-2007, 07:49 PM
We are going 4th of July week and got the AAA rate of $239. I'm a gold member with Lowes so we got upgraded to a deluxe room for the price so I'm very happy! It says that being a gold member, we might be able to upgrade to a suite for $35 a night at check in. Does anyone know if that's only for the suites everyone is talking about or can it be used to upgrade to "club" level? With 3 kids (ages 9 to 15) it might be worth the extra $. I didn't realize that some of the deluxe rooms have patios. I'll have to change my request! I've already requested the kid's pool.

For a previous poster - We've stayed at the PBH and the HRH before. Although the HRH was nice, we like the PBH better, even the kids. I found the staff to be nicer and it's just beautiful.

By the way, I've noticed that there is a special running for $239 a night for a regular room without the AAA discount on the booking website.

Can't wait to go - already have my tickets, got the 7 day w/Blue Man - great price. We are also doing Discovery Cove this trip. Yippee!

It is only to a suite that they will upgrade you for $35 but you can always ask because stranger things have happened!!!

riu girl
05-17-2007, 09:00 AM
I am looking at a map of PBH www.wdw-photos.com/maps/portomap.gif and am trying to figure out where the pool with the ancient castle structure / pool slide is?

Is it number 25 (Beach Pool)?

Thank you

Motherfletcher
05-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Thats it.

riu girl
05-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Thats it.

Thank you

Holly Goheavy
05-17-2007, 01:17 PM
I just booked at PBH for 4th of July week, checking in on the 2nd and out on the 6th and got a FL res rate of $223 a night for garden view. That was going with the FL res summer getaway package on the website that includes 7 day tickets. I won't get points towards my Loews First program but I really couldn't beat that price.

dsmom
05-18-2007, 01:33 PM
We are leaving in 10 days for our first stay at Portifino!! We have a deluxe club room. We are guarenteed a balcony (health issues for my son) and was told it would be beach pool or villa pool view. Is any one better than the other and how far a hike to the Club lounge is it from these rooms? Any hints or tips for a first timer to this resort? Thanks!

Fan2CSkr
05-24-2007, 08:20 PM
We are leaving in 10 days for our first stay at Portifino!! We have a deluxe club room. We are guarenteed a balcony (health issues for my son) and was told it would be beach pool or villa pool view. Is any one better than the other and how far a hike to the Club lounge is it from these rooms? Any hints or tips for a first timer to this resort? Thanks!

I personally prefer the beach pool balconies. Request a full balcony. The walk to the club room would most likely be easier from the villa wing guest rooms. The beach pool deluxe rooms are in the west wing. Enjoy your stay we just returned. :)

Dislifer
05-25-2007, 05:34 AM
We have stayed "Club" level at Polynesian and Royal Pacific, how does Portofino compare? I know it is located near the lobby. It doesn't sound as nice...I'm not sure we should stay at "club" level...although we are really looking forward to staying at Portofino!

dsmom
05-25-2007, 08:23 AM
thanks Fan2CSkr - I will ask for a beach pool view if available. How was your trip? We leave in three days and I can't wait! I am curious about the location of the lounge for club being on different floors also. ( We stayed at Animal Kingdom lodge and were on a different floor than the club lounge and it was not that big a deal.) As long as I am there I don't care where it is! We will need a fridge for my mom and my son for medical reasons- do we just ask for that at check in? Thanks again!

Fan2CSkr
05-26-2007, 11:37 PM
thanks Fan2CSkr - I will ask for a beach pool view if available. How was your trip? We leave in three days and I can't wait! I am curious about the location of the lounge for club being on different floors also. ( We stayed at Animal Kingdom lodge and were on a different floor than the club lounge and it was not that big a deal.) As long as I am there I don't care where it is! We will need a fridge for my mom and my son for medical reasons- do we just ask for that at check in? Thanks again!

Our trip was great. It was very crowded and PBH had two conventions going on while we were there. In all our trips I have never seen the express lines so long! The hotel was great and so was the weather.

The club lounge is right off the lobby on the main floor. It isn't so bad and its pretty central to leaving and entering the hotel. There are stairwell shortcuts everywhere at PBH and elevators are plentiful. I would call ahead to request the fridge and confirm it again at check-in.

have a great trip! Can't wait to hear how you liked it when you return! :)

dsmom
05-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks! I called ahead and requested the fridge. We leave in the morning- can't wait! I will try and write my first trip report when I get home!

damo
05-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Our trip was great. It was very crowded and PBH had two conventions going on while we were there. In all our trips I have never seen the express lines so long! The hotel was great and so was the weather.

The club lounge is right off the lobby on the main floor. It isn't so bad and its pretty central to leaving and entering the hotel. There are stairwell shortcuts everywhere at PBH and elevators are plentiful. I would call ahead to request the fridge and confirm it again at check-in.

have a great trip! Can't wait to hear how you liked it when you return! :)

I wonder if there were still school groups. The Friday that we were there was crazy with school groups with express passes. I do think that the express passes were very cheap that day though, so maybe it is time for prices to go up.

ozziewags
05-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Looking at the map, it looks like some of the rooms are pretty far from the dock. We have a Portofino suite (Garden view, parlor) booked for July (Platinum Loews) and wonder if they have those rooms in the West Wing, which looks closer to the dock? Is that correct? Thanks for any help, so I know what to request. ;)

Fan2CSkr
05-27-2007, 09:33 PM
I wonder if there were still school groups. The Friday that we were there was crazy with school groups with express passes. I do think that the express passes were very cheap that day though, so maybe it is time for prices to go up.

I did see some school groups that had matching tee shirts in the parks. The express lines were packed with people that bought express not hotel guests cause after a few times of waiting over a 1/2 hour on express I started looking at what people had. It totally seemed to me that express was over sold. The weird thing is I have been in the parks during MUCH higher occupancy and the express lines were never a problem. I'm wondering if the word is just finally out that this is an option and maybe they need to cap the amount sold. Just doubtful that would happen. The other thing I noticed that was different from February is every 15 feet there is now a sign advertising Express in the parks where before it was less obvious. I am still hoping it was just a May thing and we will avoid those dates!

ozziewags Looking at the map, it looks like some of the rooms are pretty far from the dock. We have a Portofino suite (Garden view, parlor) booked for July (Platinum Loews) and wonder if they have those rooms in the West Wing, which looks closer to the dock? Is that correct? Thanks for any help, so I know what to request.

Just avoid the East Wing and you will be fine! :thumbsup2 Villa Wing or West Wing would work out well.

dsmom
06-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Just got back last night- will write a trip report soon but wanted to let everyone know it was a perfect trip! We had room 2663 - incredible room right over the beach pool, full balcony, deluxe room. It was a short walk to the lounge and the boat dock. The resort was unbelievable!

DoleWhipMom
06-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Great to hear you had a good trip & thanks for the room # - I'll request the change for my trip :). Looking forward to your report.

Cass
06-02-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi Dsmom, glad you enjoyed your holiday at universal, looking forward to your report!

Dislifer
06-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Just got back last night- will write a trip report soon but wanted to let everyone know it was a perfect trip! We had room 2663 - incredible room right over the beach pool, full balcony, deluxe room. It was a short walk to the lounge and the boat dock. The resort was unbelievable!

Can't wait to hear! I'll be going in December. When you say it was a short walk to the lounge, do you mean you stayed conceirge level...so the conceirge lounge?:yay:

dsmom
06-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Yes - Sorry, I meant to say conciege lounge. The staff there were outstanding!! Especially Elsie and Samantha. We are in the middle of a tropical depression/storm and my son can not go outside so I will try and write the trip report as soon as I can!!

I noticed the express pass lines being very long this trip also- and I would say 90 percent of them were the ones purchased in the park- I saw almost no room keys in line.

On a side note to Alexandnessa- our room keys had the A1* on them and we got lots of nice little perks every day!

macraven
06-02-2007, 04:37 PM
dsmom.......so glad to hear you had a great time !!

i hope we all told you right.

dsmom
06-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Hey Mac! All advice given was perfect! I have been trying without luck to e-mail you for days now! i am usually typing with one hand, standing up running back and forth with David!

While at PB we toured the other two resorts with my mom- I checked out your favorite resort and fell in love with the grounds there- it sounds strange but I got the best feeling walking around there- it is a beautiful resort - not what I expected at all.

macraven
06-02-2007, 07:00 PM
dsmom, so glad to hear that.
i would always correct myself on the threads if i found out i gave out info that was changed since my last visit or if i was incorrect from the start.

i'm excitedly awaiting a mimi trippie from you.

was the room you stayed in all you expected it to be?

pm or email me anytime you have free time.
take care of David first.

Dislifer
06-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Hey Mac! All advice given was perfect! I have been trying without luck to e-mail you for days now! i am usually typing with one hand, standing up running back and forth with David!

While at PB we toured the other two resorts with my mom- I checked out your favorite resort and fell in love with the grounds there- it sounds strange but I got the best feeling walking around there- it is a beautiful resort - not what I expected at all.

Mac: Your fav is Hard Rock? You like Portofino too, right??? I've only stayed at RPR and loved it...but I want to try something different next time.:thumbsup2

macraven
06-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Mac: Your fav is Hard Rock? You like Portofino too, right??? I've only stayed at RPR and loved it...but I want to try something different next time.:thumbsup2

i like hrh the best, the distance to the park is so close. that is one thing i love about it. and it is the smallest hotel of the three. only 650 rooms and many conventions are held there. when it is like that, the coffee shop and kitchen are not overly crowded. the convention people ususally have a buffet set up for their group.

next i love portifino a lot. i like the ambience of that place. the room sizes are larger than hrh. distance to the park and city walk is the draw back for me at pbh. i go during hhn in october and don't get in until after 2 in the morning. if i would not be able to get the boat back to pbh, it would be a very long tiring walk for me at that time in the morning.

rph has the best resturants for me..the breakfast buffet at Islands is super good. the grounds around the pool is kewl. the room size and it's layout isn't my fave.

you will like pbh !
it has many plusses

only the distance to city walk and the parks are my problem with that hotel

Dislifer
06-03-2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks! I'm sure that I'd be happy at any of them!!! :cool1:

The Great Baboo
06-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Had a ressie for Portofino - club level for the end of June but we need to change plans -- we are 2 adults, 3 kiddies = 8, 11 and 1 1/2 y.o. --- should we stick to Portofino? We stayed at the Hard Rock but that was before our 1 1/2 yo. Liked it but I would like to try all of them. I understand Portofino has the largest rooms - w/ five of us it's starts getting crowded. Any suggestions. I want to change my ressie to President's Week and apply my deposit. Are there codes out yet???? Any input would be helpful. Ciao for now....

macraven
06-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Had a ressie for Portofino - club level for the end of June but we need to change plans -- we are 2 adults, 3 kiddies = 8, 11 and 1 1/2 y.o. --- should we stick to Portofino? We stayed at the Hard Rock but that was before our 1 1/2 yo. Liked it but I would like to try all of them. I understand Portofino has the largest rooms - w/ five of us it's starts getting crowded. Any suggestions. I want to change my ressie to President's Week and apply my deposit. Are there codes out yet???? Any input would be helpful. Ciao for now....

stay with pbh. it has the largest rooms of the three onsite hotels.

call now to switch your dates. i am not sure of this but last time i switched a few years back on my dates, i had to cancel and rebook. talk to UO direct to find out how they handle reschedled ressies.

check some of the back threads in the first UO forum for how it was for others during presidents week stays. you will have to go back quite a few pages but it will give you insight to the hotels and parks during that time.

codes are not out yet for next year.
AAA, APH, super savers are the codes most of us use for the discounts.
do you have the loews card for the perks?

The Great Baboo
06-03-2007, 04:55 PM
I have a Loews card for perks ...so it's just a matter of getting the rate for the room for that time of year....can't be as bad as Disney ...especially when you can use your hotel room card to get on rides right away.... thanks....just one thing -- it's a far walk back to Portofino, right....we could easily walk back to HRH - instead of waiting for the boat.....boat is usually your only option then for Portofino, correct?

dsmom
06-03-2007, 09:24 PM
The walk from PB to the parks is really nothing- I am a very early riser and I walked there and back sometimes just for fun. You can also catch one of the bikes- my mom did this a lot this trip and she loved them. She can not do stairs so the bike took her right to the gate and she avoided the steps at citywalk.

Cass
06-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Wait. you walk for fun? :lmao:

dsmom
06-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Hey Cass! I know- I'm sick- I LOVE to walk! I enjoy just walking around and exploring while on vacation and this resort is great for that! There are so many things to see here- it really is like it's own little village.
On the walk to Hard Rock there is a tree by the water with purple flowers- I am not sure what kind it is but I want one for my back yard!

Cass
06-04-2007, 08:38 AM
lol. I guess I'm lazy - because I avoid walking - we have to do so much of it in the parks I conserve at other places. Good for you though, I'm impressed!

dsmom
06-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi Cass - I wouldn't say lazy - it's just that my mom is 77, diabetic, has nerve damage in one foot- my son is severely autistic,epileptic and has ankle damage- so to saw we stroll SLOWLY is an understatement. Sometimes it's nice to just get out and walk at a regular pace so I enjoy it while I can!

Cass
06-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Good for you! I'm inspired, but I don't plan to do it in August when I go - too hot!

LOLA2
06-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Hello all - we will be staying at PBH Oct 17-20 for HHN. We will be in need of a laundry room since we will be hittong the Disney cruise right afterwards,
anyone know if PBH has a laundry room, where it is and if there is a change machine?

DoleWhipMom
06-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi Lola2,

I had the same questions - no, they don't have a laundry room - see this thread http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1479444 for info on the HRH laundry room and how to get there from the PBH.

Good luck!

ozziewags
06-20-2007, 12:22 AM
Does anyone have the email address for Brian? I would like to make a room request for PBH in July. Maybe I should call the hotel directly? I made the ressie through Loews. We are platinum. :confused:

minijaffacake
06-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi, my boyfriend and I stayed at the PBH in Oct last year for 3 nights in a deluxe room with a fantastic view of the Villa Pool which I took advantage of a couple of mornings before we hit the parks. We plan on going back again 20 to 23 Nov. Firstly, what are my chances of getting an AAA rate at this time with it being Thanksgiving? Secondly, we were going to opt for a Bayview this time, but having seen a photo of them they look quite plain in comparison to the deluxe room we had. Has anybody stayed in both a deluxe and a Bayview and did you have a preference and if so why? Although I would really like to experience a Bay View, I cant get over the fact that we had such a great room last time and might regret not opting for deluxe again.

Thanks
x

Motherfletcher
06-21-2007, 06:18 AM
Our first stay at PBH was in the 460 square foot bayview room with a faux balcony. Our second stay was in adjoining 490 square foot deluxes at the far end of the villa wing. The bayview lacked a wooden shutter window over the tub and the pullout couch. The view from the bayview far out weighed the deluxe features and the 30 extra square feet for our party. We have since stayed in beach pool view deluxes and bayview villa suites. I think a west wing bayview would be perfect for 2 people. BTW, if you ever get a bayview villa suite on the top floor of the west wing nothing will ever compare.

FeeFeeWhite
06-23-2007, 08:42 PM
I am so spoiled after the west wing villa bayview suite that I am afraid to go back!

dsmom
06-26-2007, 04:00 PM
We stayed in deluxe room- beach pool view and bayview room/ east wing and I liked the bayview/east wing room better. I thought it was just me but my husband said he felt like the standard room was bigger than the deluxe. He liked the more private bathroom and the shelf instead of the separate shower also. The balcony was larger in the bay view room also. Either way you can't go wrong!

DizMom11
06-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Does anyone know what is offered at the breakfast buffet at PBH? Thanks!

dsmom
06-26-2007, 08:27 PM
The buffet at Trattoria or the club lounge?

Motherfletcher
06-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Does anyone have the email address for Brian? :confused:

Brian has moved to the LV Loews. This saddens me greatly.:sad2:

Brian D. Johnson
Executive Assistant Manager
Loews Lake Las Vegas Resort
101 MonteLago Blvd
Henderson NV, 89011

brian.djohnson@loewshotels.com

Fan2CSkr
06-27-2007, 09:35 AM

Brian D. Johnson
101 MonteLago Blvd
Henderson NV, 89011

I know! :( I have had dealings with his replacement since May. Brian was the best! I don't forsee his replacement lasting very long.

DizMom11
06-27-2007, 10:31 AM
The Trattoria, thanks

dsmom
06-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Hi DizMom11- You will love the Trattoria! We ate there every morning! They had an omelet station with over a dozen add-ins. They had a table of hot foods- bacon, sausage, fried potatoes, scrambled eggs- A table with pastries, bagels and cream cheese and butter, muffins, breads, etc.. About a dozen different cereals and milk. Hot oatmeal. Bowls of fresh fruit and fresh strawberries, blueberries. raspberries and blackberries, whipped cream. Espresso and cappacino machine. Coffee and fresh orange juice. Strawberry and plain yougart with granola add-ins. I am sure I am missing something but everything was fresh and great and the servers were very nice also!

DoleWhipMom
06-27-2007, 08:17 PM
Here's a link to a site that has coupons for Universal restaurants including Trattoria.

http://www.orlandocoupons.com/directory_cat_list.php?cat_id=1&PHPSESSID=adbe7ecdf13a141c156b9fde162225e3

ozziewags
06-27-2007, 11:38 PM

Brian D. Johnson
101 MonteLago Blvd
Henderson NV, 89011

:sad2: Thanks for the info. Guess I will try calling.

DizMom11
06-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Thank you VERY much DsMom AND DoleWhipMomprincess:

LoveThatDarnMouse
07-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey, we'll be there then too! Wooohoooo!:cool1:

usfantoo
07-04-2007, 06:45 PM
My family is at PBH now!! We checked in yesterday and will stay for five nights!!!!! So far the crowds are not at all bad. It has rained some today and it looks cloudy out as I write this message from the club lounge. We were at IOA from 11:00 to 4:00 or so and walked on most all rides without a wait (gotta love the perks of staying on site!!!). We are on the 6th floor 2602 with a small standing only balcony. PBH is a great place to be!!!

Any questions?

Cass
07-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Hi there, how are you enjoying the lounge? what was breakfast like.

Have a great trip! hope the rain stays away.

usfantoo
07-05-2007, 04:12 PM
The breakfast is nice with fresh fruit (strawberries, honeydew, apples, bananas), cereal/milk, bagels with jelly/cream cheese/peanut butter, a variety of danish, juice, oatmeal, and a few other common items.
The rain? Well.... we just got back to PB before the downfall.

It's nice to have a drink waiting on you in the lounge!

Dislifer
07-07-2007, 08:30 PM
I have already decided not to do Club level at Portofino. Now, I am wondering if I should get a deluxe room or is a regular room fine? I Know the Deluxe rooms are bigger, but are there any other advantages to it????:confused3

Cass
07-08-2007, 12:27 AM
The breakfast is nice with fresh fruit (strawberries, honeydew, apples, bananas), cereal/milk, bagels with jelly/cream cheese/peanut butter, a variety of danish, juice, oatmeal, and a few other common items.
The rain? Well.... we just got back to PB before the downfall.

Thanks for the info, I can't wait to check in and see the lounge :thumbsup2

Motherfletcher
07-09-2007, 05:17 AM
I Know the Deluxe rooms are bigger, but are there any other advantages to it????:confused3

The deluxe room has a separate tub and shower, a fax machine, a dvd player, a couch that makes into a single bed and a TV speaker in the bathroom. The regular room should be OK.

Dislifer
07-09-2007, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the info! Although I can't see any use for a fax machine on my vacation:rotfl2: , I went ahead and booked a deluxe room yesterday! :yay:

LoveThatDarnMouse
07-12-2007, 03:45 PM
I see that a deluxe room has a sofa that converts into a single bed but would a standard room not have this? Also, what is the approximately difference in cost?

mrsswat
07-17-2007, 04:33 PM
We have a AAA rate for a club deluxe in Aug. We just joined the LoewsFirst. Will we be eligible for an upgrade? Are there upgrades above the club deluxe available for new members? Should I ask? What do I ask for? Thanks, looking forward to our first stay!!:)

mrsswat
07-17-2007, 04:34 PM
We have a AAA rate for a club deluxe in Aug. We just joined the LoewsFirst. Will we be eligible for an upgrade? Are there upgrades above the club deluxe available for new members? Should I ask? What do I ask for? Also, do I need to request a balcony? Should I do that before we go or just when we get there?Thanks, looking forward to our first stay!!:)

DizMom11
07-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Does anyone have any pictures of a deluxe room. Thanks:ssst: :cake:

LakeAriel
07-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Here's a link to a site that has coupons for Universal restaurants including Trattoria.

http://www.orlandocoupons.com/directory_cat_list.php?cat_id=1&PHPSESSID=adbe7ecdf13a141c156b9fde162225e3

Thank you!

TommyTutone
07-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Booked at the last minute in a club level king room (I cannot remember now if it was deluxe). Looking at the pictures of the deluxe, it looks like there is a couch or pull out bed for my 4-year old son, but if it is not deluxe, is there a spot for him to sleep?

Also, how is the concierge for reservations? We may try to go to Boma at AK for dinner one night. Will they call and make reservations for us at an offsite restaurant or will we be on our own for that?

Dislifer
07-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of a deluxe room. Thanks:ssst: :cake:

DizMom-looks like you will be there before me...so please...post some pictures and tell us ALL ABOUT Portofino!!!! Can't wait to hear! Have fun!

gopherit
07-26-2007, 11:34 PM
I have a Loews card for perks ...so it's just a matter of getting the rate for the room for that time of year....can't be as bad as Disney ...especially when you can use your hotel room card to get on rides right away.... thanks....just one thing -- it's a far walk back to Portofino, right....we could easily walk back to HRH - instead of waiting for the boat.....boat is usually your only option then for Portofino, correct?

Like you, we have 3 kiddos and have stayed @ HRH and enjoyed its closeness to the parks. And also like you - we're planning on trying PFB next trip (June 1-6 2008). We have given the walk a few "test runs" and even with 3 kids in tow, it's not too bad. I just know that for us, anyway, being in one room and NOT feeling like a sardine is worth its weight in gold. PLus, we really liked the ambiance of PFB as opposed to HRH, and the kids LOVED the pool and slide at PFB. As for options to get back - seems like we walked out of US one day and were going to walk over to PBH when a bus came up and asked us which hotel we needed - PBH or RPH or HRH. Seemed silly to us, with HRH sitting there, so we said, "PBH!" and rode it over. Not a very big bus - a bit smaller than the WDW buses (like a van on 'roids...) Not sure if same bus option was available over at IOA.

HTH and have fun!

dannigrace
09-22-2007, 05:56 PM
We aren't staying at PBH but would like to go to dinner there and take the boat to Halloween Horror nights. Is this possible, if so how do I make reservations. Do you have to pay for parking? :confused3

*Flower*
09-24-2007, 09:41 AM
We aren't staying at PBH but would like to go to dinner there and take the boat to Halloween Horror nights. Is this possible, if so how do I make reservations. Do you have to pay for parking? :confused3

Yes, the hotels do charge for parking, whether or not you are a overnight guest. It's kind of spendy to park there.

You might want to park in the theme park lot (only a one-time charge) and take the boat to PBH for your meal. The hotel parking is by the half hour (I think).

Good luck!

dannigrace
09-24-2007, 06:42 PM
What is the # to call to make reservations for a resturant at PBH? Thank you!:banana:

*Flower*
09-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Mama Della's Ristorante:

Open daily for dinner at 5pm; Reservations recommended 407-503-DINE (3463).

Bice Ristorante:

Open daily for dinner. Reservations recommended 407-503-1415.

The Trattoria del Porto doesn't take reservations.

The others are considered counter service, and there are a couple of cocktail lounges.

HTH!!

tinkerdorabelle
10-03-2007, 02:29 PM
I can get a pretty good discount through my DH job POB for $224.00. They told me this doesn't qualify for Loews perks, etc. I reaaaally wanted to try for an early check in and a later checkout as our plane leaves later in the day. Do you think this may be possible if I'm not paying a full price? Anyone ever get later checkout? and if so did they pay full price? Thanks. I'm still deciding between HRH and POB, we can get pretty good deals for both but I would really POB myself which is the one haven't stayed at yet. :thumbsup2

Sleepy
10-04-2007, 05:30 AM
I can get a pretty good discount through my DH job POB for $224.00. They told me this doesn't qualify for Loews perks, etc. I reaaaally wanted to try for an early check in and a later checkout as our plane leaves later in the day. Do you think this may be possible if I'm not paying a full price?

First, can I ask what discount you got? It would help some of us who might qualify, but not know that discount is available.
Last year, we got military discount at HRH (one that is not ever advertised. I had to ask). Although it was not Loews qualifying, I asked for a late check-out. I got it for I think either 1pm or 2pm. Since we were club, we waited in the lounge the rest of the day, but we could have waited in the lobby or by the pool, etc.

LOLA2
10-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Are there hairdryers and refridgerators in the rooms?

bfalexander
10-06-2007, 11:06 AM
I am taking family of 4 and mother in law to universal. going week of thanksgiving.

i have no clue on all that advice people give for what to do. just wanted general advice.

1. people say to stay in west wing b/c closer walk to boat or parks?
2. how do people feel about club level i booked? good? rooms? amenities?
3. any other tricks? activities? dining?

burt

PS thanks

bubba's mom
10-06-2007, 03:48 PM
1. people say to stay in west wing b/c closer walk to boat ?

yes....(sorry can't help w/ other questions)

Dislifer
11-25-2007, 05:37 AM
First, can I ask what discount you got? It would help some of us who might qualify, but not know that discount is available.
Last year, we got military discount at HRH (one that is not ever advertised. I had to ask). Although it was not Loews qualifying, I asked for a late check-out. I got it for I think either 1pm or 2pm. Since we were club, we waited in the lounge the rest of the day, but we could have waited in the lobby or by the pool, etc.

We're thiniking of upgrading to Club Level. Do you think it was worth it at Portofino???
Thanks!

macraven
11-27-2007, 05:37 PM
We're thiniking of upgrading to Club Level. Do you think it was worth it at Portofino???
Thanks!

how many in your group?
do you need a lot of room?

do you plan to spend more time at the hotel than the parks or city walk?

Dislifer
11-28-2007, 05:03 AM
how many in your group?
do you need a lot of room?

do you plan to spend more time at the hotel than the parks or city walk?

Macraven, there will be 3 of us going to Portofino. I have stayed Club Level both at RPR and Polynesian and we like it because you can get a quick breakfast and be on our way to the park early. I'm just not sure I want to do this at Portofino because I heard it is not as nice as other club levels. I'm sure it is fine, I just always struggle with this choice because of the extra $$. One specific question I have is...do they have water bottles? We don't drink soda, etc...just water so if we can each grab a water bottle on our way out to the park and then again at night...that's worth a lot to us!!!

Thanks for your input!

Motherfletcher
11-28-2007, 05:18 AM

I've been to all 3 of the club lounges at the Universal hotels and PBH is the largest and IMHO the nicest. They have water bottles with their logo on the bottle like HRH. I've been encouraged to take a tray full of offerings back to the room.

"Worth it" is a little harder to answer. I've been compted to club level at PBH and have paid $50 to upgrade at check in. You are actually paying for the convenience more than anything, along with a location that you can stretch out. Two weeks from tomorrow we are going to Orlando and staying at the Crowne Plaza Universal. I got the room through Hotwire for $59 and as a Priority Club member I've always been upgraded to their club level. So as far as value I'd say CPU is worth it but the on-site clubs are more of a luxury expense.

macraven
11-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Macraven, there will be 3 of us going to Portofino. I have stayed Club Level both at RPR and Polynesian and we like it because you can get a quick breakfast and be on our way to the park early. I'm just not sure I want to do this at Portofino because I heard it is not as nice as other club levels. I'm sure it is fine, I just always struggle with this choice because of the extra $$. One specific question I have is...do they have water bottles? We don't drink soda, etc...just water so if we can each grab a water bottle on our way out to the park and then again at night...that's worth a lot to us!!!

Thanks for your input!

if you stay club level at pbh, you will enjoy the food offerings a lot.
it is better than hrh club. i have done both before.

the club level is on a different floor than the rooms.
it might be a hike for you depending on where your room/suite/villa is located.
as MF stated, you are encouraged to use a tray to take items back to the room. take as much water as you need. it is not a problem.

if you are only interested in club level for breakfast and water, you have to figure out the difference of costs between regular and club room rates.

breakfast is good at pbh club. if the 3 of you are hearty eaters, and you take out a few water bottles with you for the day, you might come out ahead in the long run over costs.

if it is only a $50 difference, i would say go for it.
they also have other times for food offerings for club guests.

Dislifer
11-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Thanks Macraven and Motherfletcher! I really respect your opinions because I have read many of your posts before. I think I'm going to upgrade to Club Level...now I just have to see if it is available!!! We already have ressies but not for Club Level and we'll be there 12/26 - 12/31...kind of a busy time of year ;)

goofy!
11-28-2007, 07:12 PM

Thanks for your input!

We just got back last week from 6 days at PBH.

We did club. They were really pushing it for anybody to add at check-in. At check-in, they handed us a sheet that listed all the food serving times and asked us if we wanted to upgrade. The elevators had the flyers and they were pushing it on the PBH channel on the TV's. It was $60.00 per day to upgrade. However, it was never that busy even with all the promotion.

We thought it was worth it just for the breakfast. We could grab a quick breakfast of cereal and bagels and be on our way to the parks. They also had muffins, danish, bread for toasting, lowfat yogurt, granola, fresh strawberries, cantalope, hot oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins and other stuff to put into it.

Drinks were orange and apple juice, skim and whole milk, coffee, decaf, hot water with an assortment of teas and hot chocolate.

We only made it back for appetizers once. They were pretty good. Fried cheese ravioli, fried spinach and mushroom balls, chicken skewers with a yummy sauce, two different antipastos individually served in martini glasses, fruit, cheese and crackers. White and Red wine and beer.

For dessert, there was usually a plate of the big cookies and then another plate with cannolis and a few other things.

Bottles of water were always available.

This was the schedule:

7-10:30 (11 on weekends) breakfast

2:30 - 3:30 Italian ice

4:30 - 6:30 appetizers, wine and beer

8:00 - 10:00 dessert (although the desserts were usually gone by 9:15)

Only thing I would have preferred would have been to have the wine offered with the dessert rather than with the appetizers. I find a glass of wine is much more preferable at 9pm rather than 4:30pm :teeth:

I took pictures of the breakfast set-up. I need to resize the pictures and then I will post them.

macraven
11-28-2007, 07:38 PM
goofy! that is pretty much the same time schedule for hrh also.

hrh did more hot dishes the past year than before.

i'm surprised pbh did not refill the desserts for sweet hour.

maybe they will for the Christmas holiday time

Dislifer
11-28-2007, 09:59 PM
We just got back last week from 6 days at PBH.

We did club. They were really pushing it for anybody to add at check-in. At check-in, they handed us a sheet that listed all the food serving times and asked us if we wanted to upgrade. The elevators had the flyers and they were pushing it on the PBH channel on the TV's. It was $60.00 per day to upgrade. However, it was never that busy even with all the promotion.

We thought it was worth it just for the breakfast. We could grab a quick breakfast of cereal and bagels and be on our way to the parks. They also had muffins, danish, bread for toasting, lowfat yogurt, granola, fresh strawberries, cantalope, hot oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins and other stuff to put into it.

Drinks were orange and apple juice, skim and whole milk, coffee, decaf, hot water with an assortment of teas and hot chocolate.

We only made it back for appetizers once. They were pretty good. Fried cheese ravioli, fried spinach and mushroom balls, chicken skewers with a yummy sauce, two different antipastos individually served in martini glasses, fruit, cheese and crackers. White and Red wine and beer.

For dessert, there was usually a plate of the big cookies and then another plate with cannolis and a few other things.

Bottles of water were always available.

This was the schedule:

7-10:30 (11 on weekends) breakfast

2:30 - 3:30 Italian ice

4:30 - 6:30 appetizers, wine and beer

8:00 - 10:00 dessert (although the desserts were usually gone by 9:15)

Only thing I would have preferred would have been to have the wine offered with the dessert rather than with the appetizers. I find a glass of wine is much more preferable at 9pm rather than 4:30pm :teeth:

I took pictures of the breakfast set-up. I need to resize the pictures and then I will post them.

Can't wait to see the pictures!!!
Thanks for all the details...now I just have to call ASAP to upgrade!:goodvibes

goofy!
11-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Here are the promised pics of the breakfast at the club:

The cereal and juice/milk station:
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/12242cereal_buffet1-med.jpg

bagels/toast with jellies, cream cheese and honey pots. The bagels were assorted and the basket was filled regularly:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/12242portofino_club_1-med.jpg

The muffins/danish side of the buffet. The pot of oatmeal is just out of the picture to the right:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/12242portofino_club_3.jpg

Other side of the buffet with the strawberries, cantelope, yogurt and bowl of granola. See the example they left on the buffet to put your stuff in a martini glass:
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/12242portifino_club.jpg

The water and pop station - this remained throughout the day. During appetizer time, the large gondola that is holding the ice with the cantelope and yogurt in the above picture would be moved to the top and filled with beer. To the side, next to the water, would be wine coolers with 2 bottles of red and 2 bottles of white.
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/12242portofino_club_2-med.jpg

Dislifer
11-29-2007, 08:12 PM
That's it...I'm calling now! I wish I was at the club lounge now!!!
I'll let you know what happens after I call!

Thanks!!!

Motherfletcher
11-30-2007, 11:30 AM
I think it's criminal that they serve food from the top of a pool table! Way too Jethro!

calgarygary
11-30-2007, 12:48 PM
I think it's criminal that they serve food from the top of a pool table! Way too Jethro!

It's not like they serve the "eggs" though. :rotfl:

Dislifer
12-02-2007, 07:38 PM
That's it...I'm calling now! I wish I was at the club lounge now!!!
I'll let you know what happens after I call!

Thanks!!!

:( I waited too long...no club level left boo-hoo! I guess it's all full! Any suggestions for breakfast,,,we like to get to the parks EARLY!!!????

Thanks!

dsmom
12-03-2007, 09:07 AM
I would still ask upon check-in if you can add club onto your rooms. We have done this even when it is busy and they have always let us add it on.

The Gelateria has a nice assortment of danish and croissants- we had a sausage and cheese one last trip that was great! They also have great coffee drinks and cereals and breakfast bars - a nice selection and they open at 6 a.m.

goofy!
12-03-2007, 09:47 AM
We have, on occasion, picked up cinnabons the night before on our way out of the parks.

PBH pushed it on us at check-in over Thanksgiving and ask dsmom - the place was pretty busy. I wouldn't count it out completely yet that you won't be able to add it on.

dsmom
12-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Hi Goofy! You are right - it was PACKED during Thanksgiving!! And club was available then- so I would guess it will be available Christmas time also. Trattoria also has a great breakfast and they can get you out pretty quickly- the breakfast buffet is incredible and has our favorite PB employee there- we love Mohammad!

Sharon G
12-03-2007, 04:27 PM
I second Trattoria for breakfast! We ate there a couple of times and it was always good.

bubba's mom
12-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Hey you guys....is there a breakfast buffet at Trattoria?.... and is it expensive....how much am I lookin' at? :confused3 Good selection? Sorry to ask...but never been to PBH before....so, I'm 'new' at it :rolleyes: TIA!

dsmom
12-04-2007, 07:26 AM
Hi Bubba's mom! Yes it is a buffet. The price is 16.95 adults and 8.95 children- they take a 10% off for annual passes or AAA. It is SOOO worth it ! The best breakfast buffet I have ever had. The staff is excellent and the view is beautiful!! They also do a dinner buffet on Friday and Saturday nights.

crazy4dis
12-19-2007, 07:22 PM
We'll be at PBR the first week of January. I'm going to wait until check-in to possibly upgrade to Club per some great advice given here.

Do they ever say that there is no availability? There are a lot of conventions there that week but I would think those people would be on expense accounts and eating elsewhere.

We've already been upgraded to a Hospitality Suite. Yeah. I was told it's $75 to upgrade to Club. It seems like alot of people are saying $50-$60? Is it sometimes more reasonable at check-in?

Any thoughts?

dsmom
12-20-2007, 10:11 AM
I would wait till check-in to add club. We have never had to add more than 50.00 for it and once we had it added for nothing. Good luck and have a great time!

terryfromhawaii
12-29-2007, 04:08 AM
Which would you go with?(We have 7 in our party-3 adults and 4 children) In the Portofino 2 Bdrm Suite the rooms are garden view (sith a parlor) with the non-deluxe sized bathrooms and you have 1 King, 2 Queens and a Sleeper Sofa and 3 bathrooms and in the 2 Deluxe rooms we would get 2 rooms with 1 Queen beds each and 2 deluxe bathrooms.

Which would you choose and why?

TIA!

goofy!
12-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Which would you go with?(We have 7 in our party-3 adults and 4 children) In the Portofino 2 Bdrm Suite the rooms are garden view (sith a parlor) with the non-deluxe sized bathrooms and you have 1 King, 2 Queens and a Sleeper Sofa and 3 bathrooms and in the 2 Deluxe rooms we would get 2 rooms with 1 Queen beds each and 2 deluxe bathrooms.

TIA!

I would choose the Portofino suite. The regular and deluxe bathrooms are the same size, you are just missing the shower in one corner. And in the Portofino parlor, you have a nice big walk-in shower.

With 7 people, 4 of those children, I would definitely prefer having the living room to hang out in after the kids go to bed. And the extra bathroom!

We have stayed in both the 2 bedroom Portofino suite and the 2 bedroom Villa suite (that has the deluxe bedrooms) and I would take the extra room in the parlor over the few extra feet in just 2 deluxe bedrooms.

You can always ask at check-in if a Villa Suite is available for upgrade :goodvibes

dsmom
12-30-2007, 08:54 AM
The two bedroom portofino suite we had was a bay view- right next to the boat dock- I would try for that one.

terryfromhawaii
01-01-2008, 03:29 AM
I would choose the Portofino suite. The regular and deluxe bathrooms are the same size, you are just missing the shower in one corner. And in the Portofino parlor, you have a nice big walk-in shower.

With 7 people, 4 of those children, I would definitely prefer having the living room to hang out in after the kids go to bed. And the extra bathroom!

We have stayed in both the 2 bedroom Portofino suite and the 2 bedroom Villa suite (that has the deluxe bedrooms) and I would take the extra room in the parlor over the few extra feet in just 2 deluxe bedrooms.

You can always ask at check-in if a Villa Suite is available for upgrade :goodvibes

Thanks goofy! and dsmom for your replies! I think I'll stick with the 2 bdrm Portofino Suite!

leahjade
01-14-2008, 04:37 PM
We're debating adding club to our reservations for PBH, but the price difference is $125 - is it worth that? We'll be there in July so I hate to wait till check-in and have the club rooms sold out? Are they on a special floor of the resort like at Disney? Do you get a special key to get to the club room for breakfast? Thanks so much for your help!

goofy!
01-16-2008, 10:03 AM
We're debating adding club to our reservations for PBH, but the price difference is $125 - is it worth that? We'll be there in July so I hate to wait till check-in and have the club rooms sold out? Are they on a special floor of the resort like at Disney? Do you get a special key to get to the club room for breakfast? Thanks so much for your help!

No, at the Portofino, there is not a special floor or key.

I think $125.00 is dependent on how many people you have and how often you would use it and how much is the convenience worth to you.

We have a family of 5, so between the breakfast and the convenience of popping over for water, pops, coffee and desserts, it is well worth it to us, even without considering the appetizers in the evening. We love the lounge!

calgarygary
01-16-2008, 11:08 AM
If in doubt, wait until check in and that price may reduce to $50-60.

CPanther95
01-16-2008, 11:44 AM
No, at the Portofino, there is not a special floor or key.

Up until at least last May, there was a special key for lounge access. They gave us 1 per person in addition to our room keys.

leahjade
01-16-2008, 12:01 PM
if there's no key, who's to stop anyone from just going in and helping themselves to the food? I heard one bad review online that the food was very skimpy and the reviewers family often got there and everything was empty, so I was a little concerned.

dsmom
01-16-2008, 01:39 PM
I have been there several times - including busy summer times and Thanksgiving and the food was never skimpy or empty. When something ran out they were quick to replace it/ refill it. The club lounge has a key card access. Your room key will open it if you have club added.

calgarygary
01-16-2008, 04:20 PM
The 2 times we have stayed club at PBH, there was a separate key for club access given for each member of your party.

goofy!
01-16-2008, 06:56 PM
0ops - meant to just say not a specific floor for club, but yes there are separate keys. Made for a whole bunch of key cards when we were last there - room keys, parlor keys, club keys. :)

My mistake. Thanks everybody for catching that! Must have been in a daze when I typed that, as I know better :teeth:

goofy!
01-16-2008, 07:02 PM
if there's no key, who's to stop anyone from just going in and helping themselves to the food? I heard one bad review online that the food was very skimpy and the reviewers family often got there and everything was empty, so I was a little concerned.

It was never empty when we were there. The breakfast was abundant, the appetizers - definitely enough for everybody. The only exception was about 15 minutes before the end of appetizer time. They did not refill the raviolis, but there also was not anybody new coming in to eat. I am sure they would have fetched more if somebody really wanted it. There was always plenty of wine, beer, pop, water, juices, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc. They kept the place pretty well stocked.

Desserts were ok. 2 plates of stuff- 1 plate the large cookies, the other plate cannolis and other Italian type desserts. One kid came in and took the whole plate of cookies and left, and we did have to ask to bring more out. But they happily did.

And the staff was extremely helpful anytime we asked a question. My son came down with strep the 2nd day there and not only did they call the clinic for us to let them know we were on our way down, they drew a map, etc. The next day, the guy remembered us and inquired how our son was doing. They were very, very attentive and absolutely fantastic.

I cannot imagine a visit there without club access.

CPanther95
01-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Didn't you get your kitchen key? ;)

goofy!
01-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Didn't you get your kitchen key? ;)

No, that we actually did not get. Just the two bedrooms and the parlor key for the rooms. And then the club access key. They have never given us the kitchen key.

It would have been nice a few trips back. We had the West Wing Villa Suite with both bedrooms and friends of ours had the regular deluxe queen (not attached to any suite) next to the king bedroom. The kids would always prop open the kitchen door with the night latch so that they could go back and forth. It would have been nice to let them have the kitchen key so they could go back and forth without leaving the door open and us always telling them to close it. :goodvibes

goofy!
01-17-2008, 02:33 PM

And here is a scan of what your club access card will look like. You will get one for each person, just like your room key, but it won't have any of the information on it, such as dates or names.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/12242club_access_card_2.jpg

loewsemployee
01-26-2008, 06:31 PM
I just booked PBH through Expedia for $132.50/night. Was just wandering what should I request, as far as location, to be close to (if possible) the boat, pool and restaurants? If only one is possible than I would like to be close to the boat. Thanks. I have never stayed here I am really looking forward to it - heard great things. Although, I still can't seem to drop my ressy at HRH for deluxe room just yet (just in case).

Kim :jester:

dont request anything, more then likely you wont be getting it.

idlewoman1
01-26-2008, 06:35 PM
dont request anything, more then likely you wont be getting it. I agree, no need to request. The boat you will see everyday if you take the ferry or walk along the pathways.

loewsemployee
01-26-2008, 06:39 PM

the price for club has also increased from 60 to 75 to help pay for more food and weed out the trashy people with their loud kids putting their fingers on all the food. club is suppose to be a luxury, it's kinda hard to offer great service when you have those kind of people. just some insider information on the club.

loewsemployee
01-26-2008, 06:41 PM
I agree, no need to request. The boat you will see everyday if you take the ferry or walk along the pathways.

however, money does talk. sometimes they aren't fully committed but might get in trouble if they upgrade on a sold out basis (96%+) but it helps them push further to see the best that they can do for you rather then putting u in an ok room

loewsemployee
01-26-2008, 06:42 PM
PBH booked for 5 nights April 3 - 7 at $230 for a deluxe, fan club rate. 5 night minimum to qualify.

My problem is I only can stay 4. Any thoughts on whether they'll allow me to pay the 5 at discounted rate vs. 4 nights at rack when I check out. Believe it or not, paying for 5 nights at $230 is still cheaper than 4 nights at $329!

they are going to charge you an early departure fee.

bubba's mom
01-26-2008, 06:43 PM
the price for club has also increased from 60 to 75 to help pay for more food and weed out the trashy people with their loud kids putting their fingers on all the food. club is suppose to be a luxury, it's kinda hard to offer great service when you have those kind of people. just some insider information on the club.

first...welcome to the DIS :goodvibes

second...are you referring to the post by goofy! about the kid who came in and took a whole platter of cookies???

loewsemployee
01-26-2008, 06:44 PM
We'll be at PBR the first week of January. I'm going to wait until check-in to possibly upgrade to Club per some great advice given here.

Do they ever say that there is no availability? There are a lot of conventions there that week but I would think those people would be on expense accounts and eating elsewhere.

We've already been upgraded to a Hospitality Suite. Yeah. I was told it's $75 to upgrade to Club. It seems like alot of people are saying $50-$60? Is it sometimes more reasonable at check-in?

Any thoughts?

it's 75 the price went up. there is no negotiations on the price unfortunately.

loewsemployee
01-26-2008, 06:45 PM
first...welcome to the DIS :goodvibes

second...are you referring to the post by goofy! about the kid who came in and took a whole platter of cookies???

no i was referring to a lady saying the food was skimpy, but the club people cant really yell at a kid for doing something like that, they can just try and replace what was taken. "loews loves kids" so yea, limits to stuff like that.

loewsemployee
01-26-2008, 06:49 PM

TIA!

well honestly that's your decision. because the deluxe rooms dont really over look anything other then the pools. if you can get a portofino suite at a rate you want to pay, u should just go for that, more room! if u dont feel like u'll use the parlor then drop it and go with the 2 deluxe. the room size in deluxe isn't THAT much of a difference. it's all made up by the bathroom. just a lil secret.

bubba's mom
01-26-2008, 06:50 PM
limits to stuff like that.

I would have probably said something to him....again, (according to poster) doesn't seem any 'parental supervision' was around :sad2: That is just RUDE and I know my son wouldn't do something like that.....he might take 3 or 4, but not the whole platter! :eek:

bubba's mom
01-26-2008, 06:52 PM
well honestly that's your decision. because the deluxe rooms dont really over look anything other then the pools. if you can get a portofino suite at a rate you want to pay, u should just go for that, more room! if u dont feel like u'll use the parlor then drop it and go with the 2 deluxe. the room size in deluxe isn't THAT much of a difference. it's all made up by the bathroom. just a lil secret.

are you currently still employed for Loews? Do you work at PBH??

if so....we are glad to have you here to answer questions :thumbsup2 Always nice to have people on the boards who work at places/things we talk about..... for instance, there was a Southwest Air employee on the transportation thread, people on here work at the parks, etc..... Nice to have accurate info ;)

loewsemployee
01-26-2008, 06:54 PM
I would still ask upon check-in if you can add club onto your rooms. We have done this even when it is busy and they have always let us add it on.

The Gelateria has a nice assortment of danish and croissants- we had a sausage and cheese one last trip that was great! They also have great coffee drinks and cereals and breakfast bars - a nice selection and they open at 6 a.m.

yea i agree. you should ask just incase at check in. but be nice to the agent, they dont like rude pushy people. but if it's open they would be more then happy to upgrade you, but if they say no, then it means no, dont be mean or u might get a bad room. :)

loewsemployee
01-26-2008, 07:00 PM
are you currently still employed for Loews? Do you work at PBH??

if so....we are glad to have you here to answer questions :thumbsup2 Always nice to have people on the boards who work at places/things we talk about..... for instance, there was a Southwest Air employee on the transportation thread, people on here work at the parks, etc..... Nice to have accurate info ;)

yes i actually work in gst services. i heard about these posts and was told people come in here and talk real bad about our hotel and how to scam us into giving them things. so i thought i'd step in here and read what's going on. so far haven't seen negative comments, but saw somethings i should but input on so you all can understand it better. we want the best for our guests and having hostility only makes us more stressed and turn us into mean people and not want help people if they are going to try and rip us off you know? but i'm going to continue to stop in here and see if i can update or help some people out. just remember, you get more with honey then you do with vinegar. ;)

goofy!
01-26-2008, 07:04 PM

Just curious? Which hotel do you work for?

As a frequent customer of the PBH, I am going to have to disagree with you that the deluxe rooms really don't look over anything other than the pools. While many of the deluxe rooms do have pool views, many of them also have bay views.

Of all the deluxe rooms we have stayed in, only 2 had pool views, one a Villa pool view, the other a beach pool view.

goofy!
01-26-2008, 07:05 PM
however, money does talk and you can always bribe the frontdesk agent. sometimes they aren't fully committed but might get in trouble if they upgrade on a sold out basis (96%+) but it helps them push further to see the best that they can do for you rather then putting u in an ok room

How much is the going bribe?

bubba's mom
01-26-2008, 07:08 PM
yes i actually work in gst services. i heard about these posts and was told people come in here and talk real bad about our hotel and how to scam us into giving them things. so i thought i'd step in here and read what's going on. so far haven't seen negative comments, but saw somethings i should but input on so you all can understand it better. we want the best for our guests and having hostility only makes us more stressed and turn us into mean people and not want help people if they are going to try and rip us off you know? but i'm going to continue to stop in here and see if i can update or help some people out. just remember, you get more with honey then you do with vinegar. ;)

We actually WELCOME people like you here.... I have actually read very few negative reviews of the hotels at Universal.... we have stayed at RPR and HRH and this summer will be our first stay at PBH (which, we are very excited for :goodvibes )

We welcome your help and input!!!

Oh, and i am one to know that honey IS stronger than vinegar :thumbsup2 ...and I don't blame you. I work with the public myself, and if you are rude or mean to me, why would i WANT to be nice and help you?? :confused3 I don't think you'll find a lot of people on these boards trying to 'rip you off', more of a 'what's out there I can get'?? Most here are willing to pay, but want what they are paying for...kwim?? I don't mind paying extra money for club, but darn, I want there to be food and drink there when I'm there.... ;)

goofy!
01-26-2008, 07:11 PM

And Guest Services approves of you recommending bribing the front desk staff to get the room and view you want? :worship:

I will have to mention that to Mr. LeClerc when I am there next time. Maybe I can get the Presidente Suite :cool1:

And welcome!

It is always wonderful to get the inside scoop on what is going on at Universal. Hopefully you can help us navigate the often confusing path of booking the right room.

Can you start with explaining the difference between booking at Universal and booking at Loews? We have had so many different experiences reported by different people. It would be nice to hear the right information from a legit Loews employee.

bubba's mom
01-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Maybe I can get the Presidente Suite :cool1:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Okay....IF you DO, posting pix will NOT be enuf ....we want VIDEO!!! :snooty:

:lmao:

goofy!
01-26-2008, 07:18 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Okay....IF you DO, posting pix will NOT be enuf ....we want VIDEO!!! :snooty:

:lmao:
Oh don't worry. If I can bribe Paul enough to get the Presidente suite, video will be posted.

And we are having a big DIS party (oops - meet)!

I just need to know how much I should bribe him with. I don't want to seem cheap and insult him :lmao:

loewsemployee
01-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Just curious? Which hotel do you work for?

As a frequent customer of the PBH, I am going to have to disagree with you that the deluxe rooms really don't look over anything other than the pools. While many of the deluxe rooms do have pool views, many of them also have bay views.

Of all the deluxe rooms we have stayed in, only 2 had pool views, one a Villa pool view, the other a beach pool view.

yea i work at pbh. and the beach pool has only a little run of rooms that over look it. the villa pool is wrapped by the villa building. so more chances are to over look the villa pool rather then the beach pool. ALMOST every room on the villa side, u can somewhat see the pool or atleast the area. the 70s have the best view as they look at it dead on. as far as the bay. if you are talking about deluxe rooms over lookin the bay. those are VERY rare. if you have gotten them while u stayed with us, then you are a very lucky person, but 9 out of 10 gsts who ask for it, it's never avail. 2400-10 2500-10 and 2600-10 only look over the bay directly. that's the view of a presidente and govenatore suites. there are a view that wrap around to the side so u can see the habor piazza, but there mostly look at bice. those numbers are hard to remember, but when u look in the computer system they show up when u put in the view you want to look at.

loewsemployee
01-26-2008, 07:51 PM
And Guest Services approves of you recommending bribing the front desk staff to get the room and view you want? :worship:

I will have to mention that to Mr. LeClerc when I am there next time. Maybe I can get the Presidente Suite :cool1:

And welcome!

It is always wonderful to get the inside scoop on what is going on at Universal. Hopefully you can help us navigate the often confusing path of booking the right room.

Can you start with explaining the difference between booking at Universal and booking at Loews? We have had so many different experiences reported by different people. It would be nice to hear the right information from a legit Loews employee.

hey i'm only trying to be helpful. and paul would be happy to see that i'm here trying to give pointers. but if you are going to be snippy like that then i won't help you at all. front desk agents have the hardest job in that hotel. portofino is a VERY hard hotel to work at, and agents are always given nothing for their hard work and dedication. the goal is to make a personal relationship with people in the hotel. i have people that come to the hotel and always ask for me to do everything for them. and it is an honor. for those people i go out of my way completely for. it took me 2 full days of calling disney to get them a reservation at a certain rest. they wanted to eat at, but i finally got it and just seeing them happy that i held up to their expectations is gratifying enough. but if you want an immediate outcome, a tip always does help. as far as the suites... no type of bribe will get you those, everybody is always charged full price.

and i'm actually not going to answer the question about the booking. 2 reasons, some people know what they are talking about, and some people guess. but honestly, i'd go through loews directly if you aren't booking a package. ask about discounts they can give you. but if you are a loews first, book through loews first.

and i'll keep my personal comments to myself......

loewsemployee
01-26-2008, 07:57 PM
How much is the going bribe?

anything to show the frontdesk agent you are greatful for them taking a risk. and i now see i shouldn't have used the word "bribe". gratuity is what it is. some people just automatically demand things, of course they'll get it, but they're paying. but if u are genuine and nice, it will always get you further ;)

loewsemployee
01-26-2008, 08:02 PM

And welcome!

.....and gst services recommending charging you an additional fee per night you stay with them.....

loewsemployee
01-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Oh don't worry. If I can bribe Paul enough to get the Presidente suite, video will be posted.

And we are having a big DIS party (oops - meet)!

I just need to know how much I should bribe him with. I don't want to seem cheap and insult him :lmao:

i dont work at the front desk so it's not helping me any by what you do at check in. i'm just throwing pointers, don't throw it out of proportion. i'm good friends with a lot of the agents and pretty much all of the staff is a big family, we always go out together throw big parties on the holidays and stuff. i just hear feedback from the agents.

loewsemployee
01-26-2008, 08:30 PM
We actually WELCOME people like you here.... I have actually read very few negative reviews of the hotels at Universal.... we have stayed at RPR and HRH and this summer will be our first stay at PBH (which, we are very excited for :goodvibes )

We welcome your help and input!!!

Oh, and i am one to know that honey IS stronger than vinegar :thumbsup2 ...and I don't blame you. I work with the public myself, and if you are rude or mean to me, why would i WANT to be nice and help you?? :confused3 I don't think you'll find a lot of people on these boards trying to 'rip you off', more of a 'what's out there I can get'?? Most here are willing to pay, but want what they are paying for...kwim?? I don't mind paying extra money for club, but darn, I want there to be food and drink there when I'm there.... ;)

AWESOME! when is ur arrival date?

calgarygary
01-26-2008, 09:10 PM
hey i'm only trying to be helpful. and paul would be happy to see that i'm here trying to give pointers. but if you are going to be snippy like that then i won't help you at all. front desk agents have the hardest job in that hotel. portofino is a VERY hard hotel to work at, and agents are always given nothing for their hard work and dedication. the goal is to make a personal relationship with people in the hotel. i have people that come to the hotel and always ask for me to do everything for them. and it is an honor. for those people i go out of my way completely for. it took me 2 full days of calling disney to get them a reservation at a certain rest. they wanted to eat at, but i finally got it and just seeing them happy that i held up to their expectations is gratifying enough. but if you want an immediate outcome, a tip always does help. as far as the suites... no type of bribe will get you those, everybody is always charged full price.

and i'm actually not going to answer the question about the booking. 2 reasons, some people know what they are talking about, and some people guess. but honestly, i'd go through loews directly if you aren't booking a package. ask about discounts they can give you. but if you are a loews first, book through loews first.

and i'll keep my personal comments to myself......

It may be time to chill, have a cool one and take a deep breath. The great majority of the people here fall into two categories, those who are considering staying at the Loews onsite hotels and are educating themselves and those that are huge fans of the hotels and trying to share their knowledge. The question regarding Loews vs. Universal is a legitimate one as there is often either miscommunication and/or inconsistency when applying LF benefits. Your advice to book through LF is good, but even with that approach, there has been an inconsistent approach in applying discounts.

Please do not take this personally but I do have a problem with the statement that agents are given nothing for their hard work and dedication. Agents of course receive a salary and I believe that more of their arrivals are like us, thrilled to be there and in a great mood. There are however some that expect and demand the world of agents and react in a terrible way if they can't deliver. The key to their job enjoyment will be who they remember.

We all appreciate input into the boards that especially increases the knowledge base and our enjoyment of our stays. Welcome, and I look forward to your many informative posts to come.

bubba's mom
01-26-2008, 10:19 PM
hey i'm only trying to be helpful. and paul would be happy to see that i'm here trying to give pointers. but if you are going to be snippy like that then i won't help you at all.

Oh, please don't think goofy! is being 'snippy'...that is not her.... She is THE BIGGEST PBH fan and absolutely LOVES it there.... i have NEVER heard her ONCE complain about the PBH....matter of fact, a lot of us "regulars" consider her the PBH resident 'expert' around here....she has stayed many times there and is very knowledgeable about the hotel....she has HELPED many people here on this board (including me :goodvibes ) I think you may have mis-interpreted her comment as snippy...as I know she didn't intend it to 'sound' that way ;)

bubba's mom
01-26-2008, 10:21 PM
AWESOME! when is ur arrival date?

uh...why? :confused3

(I was going to PM you or email you, but you have opted not to receive private messages or emails.....I would rather keep that off the public boards.....but feel free to PM or email me tho ;) )

goofy!
01-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Loewsemployee,

I am sorry. I was not trying to be snippy, although upon re-reading my post, I can see how it might be taken that way. We have lots of fun on this board and I was just goofing around.

I have the highest respect for the PBH employees. We have traveled extensively and I have always found the PBH employees to be some of the best we have encountered.

I was also not trying to be snippy about the Loews vs. Universal booking dilemma. We have been discussing this very thing in several threads over the past couple of weeks. I really did want the opinion of a Loews employee.

So, again Welcome. We are looking forward to your continued input!

macraven
01-27-2008, 12:48 AM
hi loewsemployee, i am trying to figure out if i meet you at the hotel before.

how long have you been working there?

i would have sent you a pm but you don't have that function on your set up.

i have probably already met you. i meet a lot of super employees at the hotels there.

CPanther95
01-27-2008, 10:20 AM
I don't get the distinction between Loews and Universal when making reservations. I always call Loews, and they always say they'll have to transfer me to Universal for reservations. I've never had a Loews reservation made directly by Loews.

Unless there's some policy that the suites are only reserved by Universal and that's why I'm transferred. :confused: