PDA

View Full Version : ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Robinrs
10-02-2002, 12:10 PM
BY POPULAR REQUEST!

This will be a thread dedicated to information for the UNIVERSAL ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT!

Add all of your information about rates, discounts, room types etc. here!

:D

Robinrs
10-02-2002, 01:12 PM
Me first! After weeks of hearing $160 to $180 a night for my annual Birthday trip in January for my son and me that I was THRILLED to learn from THIS board (thanks guys!) that the Entertainment rates had been released! I called and booked the RPH for $110 a night from January 2nd to 6th. This is for a Standard Room, the Waterview goes for $125. I don't need the view, I just need the cardkey, thank you! :bounce:

Next???

grumbada
10-02-2002, 02:34 PM
Hubby and I will be going to RPR end of this month for 2nd anniversary for 3 nights. I've read so much in the past few months about positives vs negatives about the resort and I'm still wondering if I picked the right resort to stay at (on a budget). I got the entertainment rate of $99 per night for standard room.

Since there are a few other things we'd like to do and see off property too, we're going to have to rent a car, it seems.

I'm sure I have plenty of questions, but here's a few to start:

For anyone that's stayed in a standard view room at RPR, given your past experience would you stay there again or would you chose a different place to stay?

Is there a standard view room, wing, side, etc. that you would recommend?

What is the official cost per night for parking at RPR? What do you think are the "best" times for finding a parking space? ...Or is the parking situation better now?

Ok, back to my lurking now...
:jester:

pathubia
10-03-2002, 09:10 AM
We are staying at the RPR Oct 19-24. We are renting a car at the airport just in case we decide to wander off property. The last 2 times we have been to USF we have used ********, but this time my DD, 18, is coming with us. We have a pool view room booked at $109 per night.

Hope we wont be disappointed, we love the HRH.

Patty

goofy4mickey48
10-03-2002, 09:19 AM
For any one who has been to both RPH and PBH, we've booked the PBH, but I love the south pacific themeing at the RP. It seems that the PB is a more elegant hotel and gets rave rewiews, {I've never heard a negative comment} I've been tossing this around awhile. Any comments or comparisions? Thanks much!......goof

Christina78
10-04-2002, 08:01 PM
I just wanted to add that I had a fantastic stay at the RPR 9/12-9/16. After reading some reports I was quite worried about rude staff members (the infamous Brian) and poor service but I found the resort to be absolutely wonderful! I can see where some of the complaints were coming from. The check-in seemed to take a lot longer than the check-in at the HRH (9/11 - 9/12) although they were very nice. The staff seemed a little disorganized, and I think they gave us the wrong room. We had 2 rooms and requested high floor pool view and got rooms on the 2nd floor, 1 pool view and one that wasn't ready when we checked in (around 11:00) which was on the other side of the hallway, facing the river/moat area. At 4:00 the 2nd room still wasn't ready, so we went to the front desk and they very quickly gave us the room next door to our other room (which I think was supposed to be our room in the 1st place). We couldn't really see the main pool from our rooms, there was a lot of vegetation but we could see the kid's pool. Also, when we checked the bill on the TV on our last night there was a minibar charge for $30+ that we didn't make. We called the front desk and they took it right off, so hold onto your receipts and check your bill. On my credit card statement, they also charged us for 6 days of parking, and we were only there 4 nights. Our 1st room got milk & cookies the first night, even though we used the Entertainment rate. We called from the 2nd room about the milk & cookies and they said they'd bring it the next night, and we did get it in the 2nd room on the 2nd night.

But anyway, that was the worst thing I can say about my stay and I think that's great when you consider we paid $109/night with the Entertainment rate! If you're the kind of person that flips out at every little thing I would recommend that you stay with PBH or HRH. If you want a great value and you don't mind a few small inconveniences, try the RPR! Not to mention the grounds and pool are absolutely amazing! Sometimes at the pool there were only maybe 10 or 12 other people there and the pool is huge so it felt like we had it all to ourselves! Also, staff comes around and takes drink orders while you swim and sunbathe, which is a nice plus. I'm sorry this is so long, it's way overdue, I just wanted to tell people not to worry about bad service, I would go there again in a heartbeat. In fact, if HRH and RPR were going at the same rate I would pick RPR because I just loved the South Pacific theme and the sculptures all over.

dan4747
10-07-2002, 09:50 AM
Can you walk from RPR to the parks? How far or long a walk is it?

Aisling
10-07-2002, 04:33 PM
I just changed my ressie from RPH club to standard for July, down from $209 to $110/night with Entertainment rate. I decided I'd rathe spend that extra money on real food at the restaurants and just bring our own snacks. Also, I thought the club rooms were larger, which is what attracted me, but they're not.
I'd been waiting for Ent rates for club to come out, and the Loew's agent said she doesn't think they'll have any for next summer.
She also said that she thinks RPH will be the most crowded hotel at Universal next summer, since it's new and everyone seems to want to stay there, and that PB will be the least crowded. She said I may want to take that into consideration.

Captbligh
10-07-2002, 08:12 PM
The walk is about 7 - 10 minutes and brings you out by Margaritaville at citywalk (closer to IOA). It is rather meandering and would have only been about 4 minutes if they had planned it a little better, but still not bad. If your at or going to IOA it is much quicker than waiting for the boat.

grumbada
10-08-2002, 08:44 AM
Does anyone know a link to a fairly detailed map of the RP so that you can see the lay-out?

Also, it it my imagination or does this picture of a standard room at RP have a view of a VERY close PB??
http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/website/resort_hotels/_images/popup/rp/5.jpg

Ever notice that it seems that all three on-site resorts, while very differently themed, have pretty much the same furniture lay-out in the rooms?

One of these days I'll have to rearrange the furniture just to mess with housekeeping... ;):teeth:

Aisling
10-08-2002, 10:40 AM
That can't be PB right next to RPH in that photo because isn't PB on the Studios side, not on the IOA side where RPH is? Even so, what IS that building so close to RPH?

Fan2CSkr
10-08-2002, 12:10 PM
Looks to me like its just another section of the Royal Pacific that you see out that window. Look at the pictures listed on Universals website under hotels (there are 10).

grumbada
10-08-2002, 01:49 PM
Whoops! I must have had a moment of "duh" this morning... :crazy:

You are correct Aisling and Fan2CSkr, for some reason I was thinking that color yellow was used on a PB building and that the RP was more of a beige color...

As far as the map goes, I guess I'm hoping for something similar to this, but without the glass... and easier to read... ;)

http://www.ioacentral.com/pictures/features/royal_pacific_resort_photo_tour/royal_pacific_resort_one.jpg

I'll just be over here in the corner cowering behind the potted plant...
:o

Fan2CSkr
10-08-2002, 02:20 PM
grumbada,

Hey it did look like another building! I had to look it up;)

I found that same exact map and figured you couldnt see it to clearly either. Maybe someone can scan one that has been there and post it here!

I'm thinking the reorst map for this hotel just hasnt made it to the internet yet :(

You could also call RPR and have them mail you one:)

Saffron
10-13-2002, 12:01 PM
We decided last night to change our vacation plans. So - we are now tossing up the idea of staying at the RPR. :D Can someone answer some questions for me please? :)

Is the resort romantic? What is the atmosphere like? Do you have to pay for parking? Is there not enough parking space alotted for guests? :confused: How were the lounges/restaurants?

Any information would be appreciated! Thank you very much!

Maggie :D

Robinrs
10-15-2002, 09:55 AM
uh... roMANtic, Maggie??? Why would you be asking????http://www.plauder-smilies.de/remykiss.gif

Saffron
10-15-2002, 02:32 PM
LOL! :p

I Will never tell. http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/smlove2.gif :o :o

Whoops sorry. Back to parking questions. :o :p :o

Fan2CSkr
10-16-2002, 09:08 AM
Saffron,

Someone posted this link here and I wanted to share it with you. It really showedmany pictures with wonderful details all about the Royal Pacific. It sold me! Looks very romantic:)

ThemePark Adventure (http://www.themeparkadventure.com/royal.htm)

Saffron
10-16-2002, 11:21 AM
Thank you Fan2CSkr!

I browsed through the pictures very quickly. Hopefully this afternoon I'll find the time to relax and read the review! Thank you very much! :)

grumbada
10-16-2002, 12:24 PM
My thanks to you Fan2CSkr (as well as to whoever had posted the link initially) !

Great pics and great reading!... I made sure to share this with my husband as well, so he can see it too! I can't believe we'll be there 2 weeks from today! I'm not ready!!

Thanks again, everybody!

grumbada
10-22-2002, 02:59 PM
Since hubby and I will be staying at the RP for 3 nights next week (standard room) 10/30 - 11-2 ... Does anyone have any specific questions you'd like me to get answers for, pictures you'd like me to take, maps you'd like me to scan, etc...? I can give it a shot, if I know what to look for... :)

Perhaps this will inspire us to finally put together that website we've been meaning to start...

Aisling
10-22-2002, 03:10 PM
grumbada,
I'll be at RP this summer. Please remember all the fine details, like how soft the bed is, if the furniture looks "cheap/tacky" (which I find hard to believe but read on another board), if the CMs are of Pacific Islander descent (like they have Africans at AKL), any extra-special-must-have food items at the hotel restaurants, etc. Thanks!
Have a lovely trip!

Saffron
10-24-2002, 10:22 AM
Wow grumbada! That is very nice of you! Thank you for thinking of us all!

We were wondering if you could fill us in on the parking situation when you get back. Like, how much of a hassle is it?

Also we were wondering if you could tell us what the view is like from your room? We booked a standard room, but we are thinking about upgrading to a water view room.

I hope you have a wonderful, safe, fun filled trip! :D :Pinkbounc :D

SnowWitch
10-25-2002, 07:06 AM
I would love to have the e-mail address of the manager.

grumbada
10-25-2002, 09:44 AM
Duly noted, Aisling, Saffron and SnowWitch!

Keep the requests coming folks, I will write 'em down and take 'em with me...
My own personal "to-do" scavenger list...

grumbada
11-05-2002, 03:41 PM
Sorry this is taking me so long... I'm still in the midst of balancing happily aching muscles, going back to work, and finishing celebrating a birthday... A longer report will be coming soon, hopefully with links to pictures of the RP we'd taken!

Aisling:
The bed was very firm, but not hard... Probably the best sleep we've had in a long time. My morning ritual of waking up with a really bad lower-back ache magically disappeared after the first night's sleep... (and unfortunately returned after sleeping in my own bed at home). Beds are triple sheeted (fitted underneath you, one over you, and one between the woven blanket and the comforter. The comforter is not the down one like at the Hard Rock Hotel, but it is not a cheap one either. The pillows are feather-down and oh-so-cushy!

I have no idea why anyone would think the furniture would be cheap or tacky. Perhaps that can be chalked up to personal preference. This furniture was heavy, dark wood, and looked to be mostly hand-carved or otherwise hand-laithed. I don't think the light-colored weave in the head board and chest-of-drawers is real reed, but on closer inspection, it did not appear to be plastic either... I can guarantee you this is not cheap stuff... The bed frame is bolted to the wall and does not bang against the wall when you sit on the bed (weirdo that I am, I tested this). If you grab a top ends of it and wiggle it, it will though.

As far as whether or not "if the CMs are of Pacific Islander descent (like they have
Africans at AKL)"... That's a tough call... I didn't ask anyone where they where from... none of the girls at the front desk appeared to be of any other descent than Floridian. ;) The ladies that worked the concierge desk each time I visited, physically appeared to be of Asian or Pacific Island decent, but I think that could be just be coincidence... (In answer to your question, I don't know if that's something they'd done on perpose or not)

Must-have food items? Honestly, I'm the wrong person to ask. The food prices were a bit too rich for my blood and we ended up at at CityWalk, but I can tell you that the frozen drinks are REALLY tasty. I had a nacho plate at Jake's (LOVE the story line and the decor!), not as meaty as I'd expected it to be from the menu description, but included a 50% or so portion of length-wise banana chips! Great dipping sauce to go with it too, served in a wooden hand-carved bowl shaped like a pineapple. Hubby tells me that he's going to write a trip report too and he has a better memory for food details than me. ;) There was this one drink at Jake's... I think it was almost $20... a 32oz drink.... I think it was called the Komonyouknowyouwannadrinkme (?)... I was dying to see what one of those looked like! :jester:

Saffron:
Parking was not a problem and is $6 a day (although I'm still waiting for that charge to show up). If you don't see a spot in the lot as you wind around the first few aisles, there is another group of aisles just to the left of it which always seemed to have plenty of spaces. We never had to drive back that far to find one though. The walk to the front desk is not really that far, and you can get there in a few minutes... Soon I will post a picture of the view from our room that will give a really good idea of the distance from lot to front entrance. (Interesting story that goes with it, I'll have to tell you later).

And btw.... I found this resort to be extremely romantic!
I LOVED this Resort, and I can't say enough good things about it...

(And I'll tell you more very soon)

Saffron
11-05-2002, 09:52 PM
grumbada! Welcome home! :D :D

Thank you so much for the information. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay! I can't wait to read both of your reports.
:D :D The rooms sound devine!! I can't wait to see any pictures you post! Thank you for the information about parking. That eased my mind a lot. :D

This is great! I can't wait to read more! Thank you again! :D

laf0165
11-06-2002, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the report, grumbada. We will be there in January and I am definately going to try that $20 drink at Jake's!!! Just once as a special Birthday thing. I'll probably need only one. My husband better start working out because I am sure that drink packs a punch and he'll have to carry me back to the room! lol
:smooth:

Aisling
11-06-2002, 08:29 AM
grumbada,
wow, you sure do have a talent for details! Thank you!

PartyofSix
11-06-2002, 09:32 PM
Aisling i hope you don't mind but I could'nt PM you. You would'nt happen to be over here from the UK would you? I meet a Aisling once a few years ago on another board and I could resist asking you hope you don't mind.

grumbada
11-07-2002, 06:51 AM
(SnowWitch, Just want you to know I haven't forgotten you. I didn't ask for the manager's e-mail address, but I will try to find out for you this week, and will email you when I find it).
;)

I didn't want you guys to have to wait for me to write a trip report to see the photo's, so...

I scanned and uploaded the pics to an ofoto album but unfortunately, after testing the link, I found that Ofoto now has visitors put in their email address now to access it. No biggee I suppose, they've never sent me spam, or given out my e-mail address as far as I can tell... Heck, I think signing up with a fake one might work too (winkwink-nudgenudge).

http://www.ofoto.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?UV=586791738246_32868236603&Upost_signin=OrderPhotos.jsp%3FshowSlide%3Dtrue&Un=802450631&Um=6280130303.73808236603

There are 14 pics here of:
The Resort Map! (I can send you a bigger, more detailed one if you email or PM me)
View from the guest room
Furniture in the guest room
Construction in the new Emeril's
View from boat dock
RPR Pool
Portofino Pool (we snuck over to look)

I apologize that there are not more. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can go about getting still shots from 8mm footage, or even how to do a streamed video from it, let me know.

More later,

pathubia
11-07-2002, 07:54 AM
MY parking charge was added to my room bill every day. One day I used valet (lots of pkgs to carry). I was even carrying a case of beer. I asked the "valet guy" if the hotel minded us bringing in our own beer, he laughed and said they didnt mind at all. The next day the valet charge was added in again. I called and told the front desk it was wrong, we only used valet and they credited the room and added on the $6 daily charge.

Patty

grumbada
11-07-2002, 08:55 AM
Patty,
I'm glad you caught that... I shudder to think how many might not bother to check.

As an addendum, the parking charge did show up on my card yesterday, seperate from the room balance... Which is odd, because when I checked the bill that was hung on my door the morning of departure, it was already added per day on the bill, just as yours probably was.

Nope, I don't think the staff mind at all that you bring in beer/soda/food/whathave you. In fact they seem to nod and smile knowingly. The employees that I encountered there were very friendly and very genuine in their interest in you and your experience there.

In fact, if I had to do it all again, I would have gone to Walgreens around the corner first thing, bought soda, snacks, mornin' pastries, and perhaps a small disposable cooler... To use for most of the duration.

Aisling
11-07-2002, 11:21 AM
Patty, I sent you a PM.

pathubia
11-07-2002, 11:32 AM
Almost forgot, watch out for the In Room Movies, we tried to watch Goldmember and Big Fat Greek Wedding, both times the movies stopped and we called to have it credited and we restarted the movies, both times it stopped before the ending again, so we called to have them credited, the first time the movies were automatically credited, the second we had to make a couple of calls........I love being able to check the bill on the t.v. My older daughter loved to use the playstation, but keep track of the time!!! I think it was 6.99 an hour.

Aisling, havent checked your PM yet.

Patty

Saffron
11-07-2002, 05:02 PM
I can't use the link to view your pictures, Grumbada. Everytime I try, there is a different email address in the sign in spot, then it won't let me put in my email and my password.

Is anyone else having a problem? :(

I can't wait to see them! :D

uotomorrow
11-08-2002, 07:23 PM
The hotel staff understand that most people will have food/drink in the room with you. In fact, mini-refridgerators and microwaves can be requested for your room. Charges for these are $15/nt per item requested.

HRH Dec '01
PBH Dec '01

grumbada
11-09-2002, 09:19 AM
Saffron,
I just PM'd you... ;)

lburns
02-24-2003, 09:24 AM
I would love to have a larger image of the map of the Royal Pacific Resort. Would you email it to me? Thanks a lot! We will be staying there at the end of June.

FeeFeeWhite
02-25-2003, 08:49 AM
Thanks for posting the photos!

Pooh's Pal
03-02-2003, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the opt. to see the photo's!
Wondering if anyone had the correct address and a direct phone # for the Royal P???

Dano1182
03-02-2003, 07:10 PM
What is the Pool like?We are staying at RPH in april.
We stayed at HRH last year and were dissapointed in the pool.

It was 95 degrees and the pool looked great.When we got in it was like bath water.The entire pool wasonly about 3 feet deep.

It was hard to be refreshed in sucj=h shallow water.

Does ony one have photos of the Pool?

JessicaR
03-02-2003, 09:53 PM
Here are some pool photos.

http://www.usoinfo.com/PhotoGallery/RoyalPacific/RoyalPacificResort/index.html

http://www.themeparkadventure.com/royal.htm

http://www.ioacentral.com/news/features/royal_pacific_resort_photo_tour/royal_pacific_resort_photo_tour_page_four.htm

cjc
03-09-2003, 06:20 AM
Does anyone have the e:mail address for the hotel?
Plus can anyone recommend the best areas of the hotel to stay in please?
I am hoping to stay at the hotel next year, booked as part of a package and thought about contacting the hotel direct to ask for a specific view/room. Has anyone else done this or have any recommendations?

Also I understand if you obtain a Loews card you can receive free wine and upgrade - has anyone done this?

Thanks
CJ

grumbada
03-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Hi Folks,
I just received the PM's from a few of you and I apologize for taking so long to reply. I just had a death in my family and am just getting back to checking e-mail.

If you give me just a day or two, I'll e-mail that RPR map out to however asks for it... Make sure to include your email address in your message.

retro girl
03-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Hi. Does any one know where I can get a good rate for the Royal Pacific Hotel from April 12-April 17

FeeFeeWhite
03-11-2003, 06:05 PM
I just checked on this today. The best rate is the Entertainment Rate $110 and next is the AP rate of $129 with an automatic upgrade to water view. The $99 rate ends on the 10th!

You may also want to try the internet web site for universal studios. I think they are running a special also.

Dano1182
03-12-2003, 02:43 PM
What is the pool like?It it all shallow water?

Is there a place poolside to get drink and a bite to eat?

tiggerguy2000
03-12-2003, 07:29 PM
DANO1182,It's yes to all your questions.Resort pools are around 4 feet- 5 feet at the deep end. They do have outside bars and eating.When im at the hard rock i lay in the water with my drink.They are loose in what you do.Remember they are trying not to be like disney.

FeeFeeWhite
03-24-2003, 08:06 AM
Does anyone have a wonderful staff contact to ask for?

spiceycat
03-25-2003, 03:29 PM
We just stayed there on Friday night. It was wonderful - much better than the WDW resorts. All the staff were very helpful to us. Of course it might have helped to be two old ladies. Everyone was very friendly - Spicey (my cat) got to stay in the room and he LOVED it. We had a wonderful view of the main pool room 1624 - it was GREAT!

he liked walking around (I carried him through the pool area - I don't know what people who have big pets do). He could walk along the path to IOA behind the resort. and he almost did -

We did not go to the parks (raining) - so I don't know if I would have to drive him to their kennel or what? Some people actually left their pets in their rooms. at the front desk they give you a pager to contact you if they need to get in your room or if your pet is causing problems.

Anyway it was GREAT!!!

FeeFeeWhite
03-25-2003, 04:14 PM
That's great. We used to travel with our cat before we had kids and did not have any family around to babysit him. He stayed in Chicago at the Omni and other places. He was not too fond of it. I love Loews and had no idea they accepted pets. They are great. I am glad you enjoyed it and I can't wait.

spiceycat
03-26-2003, 08:03 AM
they are great hotels for pets - no extra charge (sometimes I have paid more for his stay than ours) - and they encourage you to bring your animals - he had a blast - he really enjoyed looking out of the window - we were on the 6th floor - so he got a great view of the pool and the birds flying over head.

Since we had come from WDW - where he stayed in the FW kennel - this was quite a change for him - but he really like people (I know strange cat) and unless they don't like him (you know I am sure that some people are afraid of cats) - he will go up to them. So he got alot of petting from strangers (well they were strangers to me). He is on a leash - but he is a very friendly cat.

stephaniebatesjones
03-28-2003, 10:55 PM
I have a ressie for last week in june at rph with entertainment card discount. Can anyone tell me specifics about reasturants at the universal properties. Would it be better to eat off property, bring food from home, or eat at resorts?

Also what's the deal with parking.. Am I correct in the understanding that you pay to park at the HOTEL.

Last question, how was security at the park entrance. Do they check you for snack( chips, crackers, juice, etc.)?

Thanks for the help

steph

Terriann
03-29-2003, 09:10 AM
Two questions:

Does the RPH van pick up at the Amtrak station in Orlando or just from the airport?

After staying at Universal for three days we will be moving over to a Disney hotel for the remaindr of our vacation, will the RPH transfer us over there?
Thanks, Terriann:confused:

spiceycat
03-31-2003, 05:39 PM
I don't think RPH will transfer you to Disney - I would call the hotel and check.

the restuarant were similar to WDW restuarants - a little less expensive - but the wait was horrible - if it was not raining we would have definitely left - I will try to remember to post the menus on my yahoo and then link here.

Muffy
05-01-2003, 08:43 AM
Is there a club level at this resort? Thanks!

Dano1182
05-12-2003, 05:51 PM
We stayed at PP for easter weekend.Overall We loved the hotel.
It was very nice and the staff was very helpful.
The kids loved the necklaces and pails and shovels given at check in.
I will opt for something other than fruit platter as welcome gift next time.

The kids loved the pool and boat .(I like a little deeper water).
The priority passes for the attractions was Great.The only way to go.
Tchop Tchop was one of the best meals we have ever had.Excellent.

The room was a bit tight for us but not unbearable we will get 2 rooms next time.

The only bad experiece was the sevice poolside.It was Terrible.We were informed by our waiter that he "Just put our order in "at least a half hour after we first placed it.The food and drinks came about 30-45 minutes later and you guesssed it the order was incomplete.The rest of the order came in another half hour.This was for burgers ,cokes and a couple of beers.
To make matters worse I waiter was not happy that I went to the bar poolside and got drinks myself during the wait.
The staff at the bar were very good.

We will stay here again next time.

P.S.Best rate was entertainment rate 125 easter weekend not bad

laf0165
05-13-2003, 06:12 AM
Yes, Muffy. RPR does have Club Level rooms. I haven't stayed, but we did have a Club room booked. We cancelled and rebooked at the HRH Club Level.

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
05-19-2003, 07:59 AM
I got a brochure from getawaytoday.com that has the RP listed for $569 for 2 nights including tickets!! Up to 3 kids stay free, as do other adults in the room...They say the price is per room, not per person...has anyone used them before? We're thinking of trying this in Sept. I would love to hear from anyone who has used them.

MickeyMagic
05-19-2003, 09:43 PM
I used getawaytoday for tickets for Disneyland, Sea World San Diego and the San Diego Zoo. Ordered online, received tix promptly and everything was in order and worked fine.

I belong to a social club through my employer and they have advertised specials from getawaytoday. I am certain they are a reputable company.

tonton
05-24-2003, 10:23 PM
What is an entertainment rate and how do you get it thanks:Pinkbounc

workin4vacation
05-25-2003, 07:21 AM
tonton:
The "entertainment rate" is a rate you can use when you purchase the "Entertainment book".
We purchase an entertainment book each year to use in the area where we live. It is filled w/discounts for restaurants, car wash coupons, and a list of discounted hotels throughout the U.S. The Loew's hotels are included. When you check into your hotel, you present your entertainment card, and often the rate is up to 1/2 off.
As for when hotel entertainment rates become available , I was told sometime in October for the following year. This is when the new entertainment books become available for puchase. There is a website: www.entertainment.com. The books are now on sale for the remainder of this year. I think I remember paying $25.00 for mine, full price for 2003.
The entertainment book ends up paying for itself in no time at all!

Wolfelaw
06-12-2003, 09:21 PM
I'll be at RPR in July for three days -- before that we're spending several days in DisneyWorld and southern Florida. If I've got any money left, I'm thinking of upgrading to Club level at check in -- but I'm wondering if there will be any rooms left.

Does anyone know how many club level rooms are available at RPR, and does anyone have any educated opinion as to how full they usually are? We'll be there on a weekend, during a busy time of year, so -- wait, I think I know the answer -- upgrade now if I really want club level, or risk finding no room at the inn.

noseybuddy
06-14-2003, 07:53 PM
I will be at RPR July 2 to July 7. I booked a waterview room and tried to upgrade it to anything even a suite and they had nothing. This was a couple of weeks ago. I tried about three days in a row and nothing. Hope you have better luck than I did.

lgaston
07-29-2003, 09:58 AM
Thanks for this link!! It's very helpful.

FeeFeeWhite
08-14-2003, 03:27 PM
What kind of views does Tower 3 offer? They said that my type of room would be in Tower 3. Thanks for any help!

JessicaR
08-15-2003, 08:29 PM
What is the room type? Just curious whats offered in that tower that isnt in the other two. I stayed in Tower 1 so cant help with the view from Tower 3.

FeeFeeWhite
08-16-2003, 09:32 AM
Hospitality Suites Thanks

Patch'sD
08-19-2003, 10:11 AM
Tower III is in the back of the Hotel if you want to call it that. Each Tower has three wings. The first wing is where the Elevator is. This where you enter the tower, down the hallway there is a fork, this is where wings 2 and 3 start. Wing One Closest to the Elevators would have a nice pool view and maybe a parkview from the north side of the building. The second wing which is on the north side again would have a pool view and maybe some view of the park. The third wing points outward towards I4. This view would be garden view. I am not sure on this but the way the rooms are laid out the first 14 or 16 rooms would be in the first roomsand would be in the first Wing the next 16 or so in Wing 2, and the last batch in Wing 3, I think Even numbers would face North having the View and Odd would face I4. Does anyone know this for sure. Rooms would have to be above the Fourth Floor to have view, there might be some Palm trees in the way otherwise. Lobby is on Floor 3. Floors 1 and 2 also have some rooms facing I4. Floor 1 on North Side is Mariners Club, Treasures of Bali, Gym, and Arcade.

alaskantwinks
08-19-2003, 11:42 AM
Patchs'D, we will be on the Club Level, which I understand is in Tower III, you said it is in the back of the property? Is it a walk to the lobby and the pool, Mariner's Club, restaurants/lounges? Just curious. I hope we get a good view, is it on the 7th floor of the building? Thanks! Kelly

FeeFeeWhite
08-19-2003, 02:39 PM
Patch'sD Thanks for all the info!

Patch'sD
08-19-2003, 07:03 PM
Tower III is closest to the pool, In fact when you come out on the first floor if you walk to far you may fall in. Access to all Towers can be obtained from the Lobby. Tower III is closest to the Water Taxi, Emerlls, the Gym, Arcade, Pool. It is not far from Jakes or the other resturant. Tower II is the furthest from everything. Tower I is close to the pool and other restuarants. I have no idea of the floor. We were in a regular room in Tower II on the seventh floor, best view of the park and citywalk by far.

FeeFeeWhite
08-19-2003, 08:12 PM
I visited RP this spring and ate at Tchoup, so that info really helped me understand which one is three. Thanks again.

alaskantwinks
08-19-2003, 09:23 PM
Hi Patchs'd I found out that the floor we will be on in Tower III will be the 6th, because that is the non-smoking concierge floor. I'm so excited!! It sounds like we will be right where the action is...it should be great. WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! RPR, here we come! Kelly

Patch'sD
08-20-2003, 08:52 AM
Have fun and enjoy. It is a very nice Hotel.

JessicaR
08-20-2003, 09:59 AM
I was always curious about the specific views in each Tower. Thanks Patch's, great info!

BUMPKEN
09-03-2003, 09:59 PM
HAVE STAYED AT THE HARD ROCK AND NOW I STAYED WITH THE ROYAL PACICIC AND WOULD NOT STAY AT ANOTHER, THE SERVICE WAS GREAT WE HAD A LATES START AND DIDN'T ARRIVE TIL 12:30 AM AND WE WERE GREETED WITH A SMILE AND OUR ICE BUCKET WAS FILLED WHEN OUR LUGGAGE WAS BROUGHT TO OUR ROOM THE VALET WAS VERY NICE ALSO. QUITE AND RELAXING. CAN'T WAIT TIL WE GO BACK ARE LOOKING INTO HAVING A REUNION THERE IN 2 ,MONTHS. YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME WE WERE THERE ON LABOR DAY WEEKEND AND IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN BETTER COULD HAVE BEEN LONGER WANTED TO STAY FOR THE 4TH NIGHT. BUT NEXT TIME IT WILL BE FOR 10 DAYS AND CAN'T WAIT. IT WILL BE IN NOVEMBER.

rccruiser
09-04-2003, 01:45 PM
Now that Vendi/(French owned) no longer owns Universal and NBC (U.S.A. Owned) is now the new owner I decited to book a vacation to see Universal Studios Florida.

We stayed at the Royal Pacific Resort and had a wonderful time. Since we were Lowes 1st members they upgraded our room to a 7th floor concierge level room for no additional charge. We enjoyed the convienence of the Universal Resort. The one thing I don't like about Walt Disney World is how difficult it can be to get around without a rental car. Especially if you need to go from one resort to another. Universal is SO convient and well laid out that it made for a commute hassle free vacation. It reminded me of how convient Disneyland California is and how easy it is to get from one park to the other.

The Resort 15 minute boat transport service was wonderful. One suggestion If your visiting on a crowded holiday weekend like we were, make sure that you walk the 1/4 mile (or less) distance to the RPR instead of waiting 1/2 an hour for a second boat to pick up at Citywalk for the RPR. The well lit sidewalk to the Royal Pacific Resort is between Margaritaville and the Canal just before the bridge cross over to Islands of Adventure. It can save alot of time standing in line in the heat if the wait is more than 15 minutes. It's a beautiful walk too.

What can I say after staying at a Walt Disney World resort (Beach Club) in May and a Universal (RPR) in Aug/September? Well Universal in my opinion is far better entertainment value than Disney. The food was better, the entertainment was better and the theme park IOA was 21st century. We LOVED Islands of Adventure. Seuse Landing, etc. What a remarkable theme park. I would agree with Arnold the Terminator and say.... I'll be back!

tazz
09-05-2003, 12:24 AM
rccruiser
How was the conceirge service & offerings? We're staying at HRH conceirge and have heard nothing good from these boards. I'd like to change to just a regular room but DH wants to keep the conceirge. We are now staying 2 nights prior to HRH to RPH and can't wait. And, was wondering (if offered at upgrade $) if RPH conceirge is worth it.

Thanks in advance!

BUMPKEN
09-05-2003, 06:18 AM
we stayed in one of their normal rooms and the service was the best. have stayed at HR and this was so much nicer. the rooms were nice and comfortable. the view was great. can't say enough.

thedisneymom
09-05-2003, 12:10 PM
we are thinking of staying next summer at royal or Portifino. where do I begin? Room types, views, concierge, and whats an entertainment card. I need all of this info because I am a picky planner. Please advise me what sites etc. I appreciate your help.

rccruiser
09-05-2003, 12:58 PM
One thing I might mention about the concierge level hotel rooms is that they are the same
size as the other rooms. Unless you book a suite you will have a standard Holiday Inn
sized room with either a King or 2 queen sized beds.

I wish they had a cabinet for the Television because it sits on top of the dresser but my
wife said that she can see it better that way and likes it better.

The Table and 2 chairs can not seat more than 2 people unless you have the 3rd or maybe
the 4 person sit on the foot of the bed.

What Concierge will give you:
1. Turn down service at night
2. Key activated 7th floor access for extra security
3. Extra Club/dining area with two televisions at either side of the room and comfy
couches and chairs to sit and watch either the news etc. or on the children’s side,
cartoons. A few children’s books to read, and several daily news papers and magazines
in a separate sitting area. The club/dining area has a nice view of the hotel landscaped front pond International drive hotels and the hotel parkinglot.

September 2003 Continental Breakfast consists of:
a-plain, sesame seed, poppy seed and other types of bagels, bread/toast, cheese and fruit
pastries, very very sweet and soft cinnamon rolls with tons of sweet cream cheese icing
b-Fruit Pineapple, Honey dew melon, Cantaloupe, whole strawberries, papaya etc.,
Dannon Yogurt
c-cold cereal for adults and kids with 2 percent and skim milk
d-coke, sprite, and diet coke in cute little glass bottles. They also have bottled water. In
Containers they have juice-Orange and Apple.

Afternoon reception:
a-Several types of cheese slices: American, Swiss, and some others.
b- several different types of crackers
c-same fruit as breakfast
d-white chocolate chip (Macadamia nut?), chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies. I'm
sure they had sugar cookies and others too.
e- They also had some cooked foods there too like sweet potatoes, beef, and noodle
dishes. I'm sure this changes daily.
f-some beers and wines etc. We don't drink so we can't say what they had.
Evening had several types of cookies and milk and soda pop
beers and wines.
4. Consierge desk with a staff of 2 to book entertainment, rental cars, tickets, events and reservations for you.

Concierge desk helped us book our rental car with Hertz desk located in the lobby of the
RPR. We paid 49.95 for 1 day rental for a full sized Chevy car with Hertz. One importaint note for those that are late returning back to the airport to catch
their flight home; Hertz does not have a MCO Airport Terminal Drop off but is shuttled
from their lot 1-2 miles towards downtown. We would have preferred Avis and 6 other
rental car companies which have a drop off at the terminal/parking garage directly across
from the airport.

On our day of arrival the Concierge staff left a message on our Phone in our room that
offered their services in any way. We did not book any reservation for restaurants or
shows etc. from concierge.

One thing I might mention about those cordless telephones in the rooms... I could NOT
get my handset to work.. The whole time we were at the RPR we had to use the speaker
phone to answer/call out. This was the second time have stayed at RPR and I still cant
work the phone in the room! I need a manual to figure out how to use that cordless
phone!

dorisdvu
09-05-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by workin4vacation
tonton:
The "entertainment rate" is a rate you can use when you purchase the "Entertainment book".
We purchase an entertainment book each year to use in the area where we live. It is filled w/discounts for restaurants, car wash coupons, and a list of discounted hotels throughout the U.S. The Loew's hotels are included. When you check into your hotel, you present your entertainment card, and often the rate is up to 1/2 off.
As for when hotel entertainment rates become available , I was told sometime in October for the following year. This is when the new entertainment books become available for puchase. There is a website: www.entertainment.com. The books are now on sale for the remainder of this year. I think I remember paying $25.00 for mine, full price for 2003.
The entertainment book ends up paying for itself in no time at all!

Can you book on line using the entertainment rate? Can you find out the entertainment rate before you check in?

rccruiser
09-05-2003, 01:25 PM
If you are staying at Royal Pacific Resort and want to take your chances about what kind of upgrade you might or might not get, I would book the Entertainment Book rate of 50% off rack rate. We paid 110.00 a night for RPR over Labor Day Weekend. I then went online and signed up for Loews First club online at:

www.loewshotels.com

Because I was a Lowes First memeber they upgraded me for no additional charge to a 7th floor consierge room! It was a great getting an upgrade for paying such a cheep rate. That Entertainment card just paid for itself 3 times over.

Even if you don't get the upgrade they have a FREE continental breakfast in the lobby of the RPR. The view from the Lobby is beautiful since it is on the 3rd floor and has a view of it's own. They also have a Consierge desk is down in the Lobby too.

Good Luck!

dorisdvu
09-05-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by rccruiser
If you are staying at Royal Pacific Resort and want to take your chances about what kind of upgrade you might or might not get, I would book the Entertainment Book rate of 50% off rack rate. We paid 110.00 a night for RPR over Labor Day Weekend. I then went online and signed up for Loews First club online at:

www.loewshotels.com

Because I was a Lowes First memeber they upgraded me for no additional charge to a 7th floor consierge room! It was a great getting an upgrade for paying such a cheep rate. That Entertainment card just paid for itself 3 times over.

Even if you don't get the upgrade they have a FREE continental breakfast in the lobby of the RPR. The view from the Lobby is beautiful since it is on the 3rd floor and has a view of it's own. They also have a Consierge desk is down in the Lobby too.

Good Luck!

I signed up for the Loews card a few days ago. Did you have any points on your card when you received your upgrade? Since the entertainment rates aren't out yet, should I go ahead and book the room now and change it when the rates come out?

JessicaR
09-05-2003, 02:03 PM
The Orchid Court Lounge at RPR serves a continental breakfast but it is NOT free.

rccruiser
09-05-2003, 02:37 PM
To answer how we got Entertainment rate:
We first booked the Anual Passholder rate of 145.00, then called 10 days before our stay we called the toll free Universal Reservations number and asked if we could change to the Entertainment rate of 110.00.

Contintnetal Breakfast in the Lobby:
About the Continental breakfast in the lobby, there are no signs stating that it is not for free. I'm not sure how strict they are about hotel guests using it because when we stayed in May 2003, we used it every morning and nothing was mentioned by any hotel staff. Over Labor Day on our second visit, we were upgraded to concierge and breakfast was provided on the 7th floor. It would never hurt to ask the front desk first.

rccruiser
09-05-2003, 02:41 PM
I had no points on my Lowes account when they gave me the upgrage. I opened the account only days before our second visit on Labor Day 2003.

thedisneymom
09-05-2003, 05:11 PM
many thanks for the info. I just got my Loews number and will get the E book in October. Can I book now and then call before arriving and adjust my rate or will the higher rate apply?

likensbug
09-23-2003, 03:43 PM
I just booked our Palm Sunday weekend through Hotel Kingdom and got rates of $169+taxfor a standard, non-smoking room. When I called 1-800-be-a-star they stated that many of the rooms have been booked and they might not have Entertainment rates because it is high season. I was charged $37.56 + $167.50 and the remaining $167.50 is due upon checkout!!! Better Safe than sorry :)

Anyone have an especially nice room - this is our first trip with our 10 yr old son -
Does anyone :smooth: :smooth:

Robinette
09-26-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by rccruiser
Even if you don't get the upgrade they have a FREE continental breakfast in the lobby of the RPR.

The continental breakfast in the lobby is definitely not free. You are right about there being no signs, I looked and couldn't find any either. I ask how much the breakfast was and she said everything is priced individually. Everything is laid out for you to get yourself and then you just pay at the register. At least that's how it was this past May.

FeeFeeWhite
09-27-2003, 05:29 AM
We stayed in a Hospitality Suite w/Club, but I had to check this free cont. lobby breakfast out. It is not free. My DH wanted a hot breakfast one morning so I went to check out our options. There are a few staff behind the bar area and then at the end a cash register where people are paying. So it was clearly not free. This was this month.

FYI - The Islands Dining Room had a wonderful breakfast with made in front of you to order omelets. The service was great and the kids loved it. It also had french toast. All the ususally items were there inlcluding that wonderful mango cream cheese.

pmnurse64
10-01-2003, 08:19 AM
When you booked for the 2004 ent rates did you call the 800# or call the hotel directly? I called the 800# and tried to book for feb 5-7 and they said the ent rates were not out yet???

Thanks,
Patti

JessicaR
10-01-2003, 08:23 AM
Patti, The 2004 ER's are not out yet. When/if they become available you will be able to book them at 1 800 BE A STAR. Good Luck! Welcome to the Universal Boards!

Myrtle
10-03-2003, 06:00 AM
Hey all! I bought a 2004 Ent. Book about 3 weeks ago. Just thought you might like to know they're out there.

Myrtle.

Motherfletcher
10-06-2003, 07:50 AM
We stayed at RPR Sat.10/4. I just got off the phone with the DW who is letting me take my DD9 back on the 12th for her birthday!! I love these father/daughter outings! Now I have to figure out the countdown timer again.:confused:

Mon. Night Football GOpirate: !!!

Kat
10-11-2003, 10:14 AM
I undestand that there are no pool slides at RPR but do they have any Hot Tubs outside by the pool?

JessicaR
10-11-2003, 10:30 AM
Hi Kat,

Yes, they have 2 of them.

DaddyDon
10-13-2003, 06:30 PM
Was wondering????? Do they have the dive inn movie at RPR???Does any one know the price of the t-giving buffett.Can anyone tell im so EXCITED!!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: ::yes:: :hyper:

Motherfletcher
10-14-2003, 05:42 AM
Jess-
Do they have 2 by the pool? Or is one of them the one shared by the men's and ladie's gym locker room? That one is nice!

Turtlegirl
10-15-2003, 11:41 AM
speaking of jacuzzis-does anyone know what time they're open til at night, also can't seem to get an answer from US phone #s as to whether there will be fireworks the week of 11/8-11/13-does anyone know & what time is the dive-in movie usually shown? Any help would be much appreciated so we know what time to make dinner ressies- thanks a lot

TigerLilly's Mom
10-15-2003, 11:44 AM
Did you hear somewhere that there would be fireworks? I don't think they usually have fireworks during this time - I believe they have them in the Summer and around Holiday time.

It would be great if they did though, We will be there Nov. 7 - 10 and I was not expecting fireworks!

JessicaR
10-15-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Motherfletcher
Jess-
Do they have 2 by the pool? Or is one of them the one shared by the men's and ladie's gym locker room? That one is nice!

They have 2 by the pool. I didnt know they had a coed hot tub in the gym! Thanks! Will have to check that one out.

The hot tubs are open till pool closing usually 10-11P. I'm not sure what time the dive-in is it changes with the seasons. It should be around 7P now but call first to be sure. I dont think there will be any fireworks for your dates. The next ones are usually christmas week till NYE.

Turtlegirl
10-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Thanks a lot, JessicaR for your help as usual!

Motherfletcher
10-15-2003, 02:31 PM
I'm wondering about the Thanksgiving Buffet? Do they have a Christmas Buffet as well?
I didn't know they did fireworks during the Christmas week. RPR might be better than HRH for viewing?
The indoor whirlpool has an adjacent room and with the furnishings it looks like a good spot to meditate. It opens at 6. I haven't used it at night so i don't know when it closes.
i

Motherfletcher
10-16-2003, 06:42 AM
Daddy-
I was looking at my Hours of Operation sheet from early this month and I saw no mention of Dive-in. The Lagoon Pool hours are Sun-Thur 8a-9p Fri&Sat 8a-10p. They have a Hawaiian-style Themed Buffet at The Islands Dining Room Fri 6-9. The Wantilan Luau is Saturday night at 6 and costs $49.50 Adults and $29 for 12 and under. I would imagine if they did something special on Thanksgiving that the costs would be similar or a little higher. This info sheet is subject to change and was updated 10/3/03.
I'm excited for you! Have fun.

DaddyDon
10-16-2003, 07:38 AM
Mother,The thanksgiving buffett will cost 38.0 for adults and 17 for children if i heard my voice mail correctly,need i say more.....:p I was hopeing for the dive in in nov when we go at thanksgiving.Looking foward to my trip!!! My family is laughing at me as i make all the plans...lol my dw usually does all this..I told her this time just to have her hiney in a secure up rite position with her seat bealt securly fastnen ,when i blast off to orlando for 5 days.

music
10-24-2003, 12:24 PM
Is it really possible that there are No rooms available at RPR for the week of Aug 16,2004?? I checked with expedia, and the actual Lowes hotel site!! I did not think I had to make ressies so soon!!

Motherfletcher
10-24-2003, 12:42 PM
I just did Loews and got 8/16-823 at $219 using APH.
Hotelkingdom.com was $169.

MelindaKiah
10-25-2003, 06:33 PM
I'm not sure how far in advance you should make reservations. We won our trip, so the second I was able to book my trip (couldn't be more than a year in advance, so the day AFTER it was a year, I made them!LOL), I did. I asked the girl taking my reservations if she thought I was crazy and she said no, that rooms tend to go quite quickly for the summer months. BUT, she also said rooms can open up just as quickly as people's plans change.
I'd say if you're willing to pay rack rate, go ahead and book as soon as possible, but if you're waiting for possible discounts, don't book it as the general consensus is that if the rooms get booked, why should the hotels offer discounts??

Sorry I wasn't much help!:D

micksterlee
10-27-2003, 08:50 PM
We stayed at rp in June of 2003 and had a great time. I had only one bad encounter and that was with a waitress at the main restaurant but nothing major. We found the best place to eat was Jakes the bar across from restaurant. Staff was great and friendly. If you can eat at Chop Choups it was great little pricey but heck it is Emeril s place. The pool was terrific the waitress kept the witch doctor s coming. I found the walk to the parks really enjoyable and the boat rides were great too.

tazz
11-06-2003, 05:01 PM
We just got back from Orlando. 2 nights were spent at the RPR and we loved it...so beautiful. We had a pool view room on the 7th floor in Tower 1 (thanks for the tips on requesting a room on the 7th floor) and the view was awesome. Our 4 yr old ds loved the water park area at the pool. We ordered food to go from Jakes and took it to the pool. Food was really good and we had no problem ordering kids meals for our teens also and they loved the cheeseburgers. Poolside drinks were $8-9 each.

FeeFeeWhite
11-06-2003, 05:34 PM
I've lost the name of a very wonderful CM on the Club Floor at the RP. I really want to sent her a note and also one to her manager. I can not remember her name, but I am sure if I heard it I would know. It was a little different. She had dark hair and a young child. Any ideas? Thank you. I am way over due on the note.

Ramie
11-11-2003, 10:15 AM
I started reading everything a couple of days ago, and have found some very useful information regarding RPR. Thank you to the many who have taken the time to write so much!! I'm staying at the RPR from 12/20 through 12/25, Club Level, and my parents also have a room, Club Level. I too am a blue card holder, but was afraid not to book the Club Level, figured with the timing would not get upgraded. Should I have gone with the cheaper rate?? Is the Club Level any better then a standard room? Any thoughts and/or suggestions on dining would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again to all who have written, and I will write when I get back.:wave:

Eclpz314
11-11-2003, 03:43 PM
The rooms themselves are not any different size-wise, but you do get the automatic turn-down service w/free trinket gifts daily. You also have to use your roomkey in the elevator to access the 7th floor club level. They advertise robes in the room, but I was not impressed with the quality of them. The big benefit of club level is the club room that has light breakfast foods such as cereals, lots of sliced fruits, bagels/cream cheese--including hot, iced cinnamon rolls everyday, pre-dinner type food--plus one light entre, and then every evening there are a few kinds of dessert things put out. PLUS, all day long you have access to little bottles of Coke and Sprite, as well as bottled water (they encourage you to grab some to take to the parks with you!) coffee and tea (about 8 Earl Gray varieties). There is also beer, Coronas, and wine available each afternoon for free----you could get mixed drinks for a price. We found that by grabbing something quick to eat in the morning in the club room , we actually saved $$ by not having to buy more than one big meal a day at the parks. There was usually a thunderstorm in the afternoon so we went back to RPR to wait it out and took advantage of their afternoon offerings such as cheese/crackers, sliced veggies/dips, nachos/cheese, and some type of main dish (pork/rice one night) then went back to the parks. You will also get a big discount if you decide to rent a cabana. My 14 and 17 yr old boys were quite pleased with the amount/variety of foods offered daily. We're planning to do it all again next July.

alaskantwinks
11-11-2003, 10:12 PM
::yes:: :sunny: To whomever is considering whether to stay on the club level or not, we just returned from staying there (Oct. 19-22) and we loved it!! The staff was so friendly and went out of their way to help. In fact, I also would like to write a note to the manager regarding the service. We loved having the large lounge as our "extended space" aside from our room. It was not crowded at all, in fact, a lot of times we were the only ones in there!! I did wander over to the Hard Rock and checked out their kid suite (very nice, but expensive!) and their lounge. The lounge doesn't compare to the RPR's lounge. Its much bigger and nicer at RPR. I loved the atmosphere at RPR, loved the 30's and 40's music that was all over the resort, and the boats that brought us back and forth to the parks. We LOVED Tchoup Choup too! Our kids wanted to try the Mariner's Club that night, which was right down the walkway from Emeril's. We enjoyed every course that we had! We tried the manager's special, I think it had 4 courses. The Ipu-ipu drink was FANTASTIC!! Try it, you won't be sorry. Well anyway, I just thought I'd give my two cents. How can I get the address of the club level to write about the staff? I wish I could remember all their names, the girl that was really helpful had dark hair, she worked at night with another guy. They were all great though. They helped with reservations, directions, tips, hints, etc. They also gave our kids stickers and postcards. They did their homework in the lounge, it was nice to have the extra room. I can't wait to go back!!! Too bad we live thousands of miles away!! Kelly

Eclpz314
11-11-2003, 10:31 PM
Wow! You're making me want to go back there NOW!!! The only name I remember from club level is Kawelo. He was the manager when we were there in July. I do have his business card and their email.......somewhere. I will search my stuff for you. I know what you mean about the lounge being big! Plenty of room, even if there were several families in there at once. And the full wall of windows was just great!

alaskantwinks
11-11-2003, 11:06 PM
Hi Eclpz314! :wave: I know what you mean, it is just so appealing there! I see you are already planning another escape to the islands? How lucky you are!! We haven't thought that far ahead yet. I would probably take the kids out of school again just to avoid the crowds and heat! We had great luck with no crowds at Universal. WDW was a lot more crowded, in fact, we skipped out on MGM because the heat and crowds were unbearable that day. The lay out of the park isn't that great compared to Universal's either. Express pass is the #1 reason to stay onsite at Universal, besides the great service and wonderful resorts. I can't say enough about it. Standing in line at WDW afterwards was the pits. The fast pass doesn't compare. I've got to start looking out for good airfares for next year! ha ha!! Kelly:tongue:

Ramie
11-13-2003, 11:00 AM
RPR Club Level

Where are the Club Level Rooms at RPR, and is there a better room with a view, or do they have balconies? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Leaving 12/20 - 12/25 - Has anyone been to RPR during this time - Crowds???? Thanks in advance.
:Pinkbounc

RyGuy
11-13-2003, 11:44 AM
Ramie,

The club rooms at RPR are located on the 7th floor of the royal tower. Some of the rooms have very nice pool views while others have not so good views of the convention center and I-4. None of the rooms at RPR have balconies. I have never been in late December so I can't help you with crowds but your room key is your express pass so you don't have to worry about waiting in any long lines.

Ramie
11-13-2003, 12:26 PM
RyGuy - Thanks for your reply. I too have stayed at the PBH, and I hope I will not be disappointed with the RPH. What is your take on this?

hmontgomry
11-14-2003, 07:47 PM
Do they always automatically upgrade you to concierge if there is something available being a loews blue card member or do you ask? I wonder what the chances are during X-Mas-probably slim to none!!

debden
12-11-2003, 07:20 PM
Hi,We just got back today.We stayed at the Royal Pacific Resort for a couple of nights and its soooooooo nice!We were at the Hard Rock a couple of years ago and loved it! Now we have two favorite resorts.Wow,the Royal Pacific is a really nice hotel.We checked in at 8:30 am and our room was ready! Woo-hoo....
We were in Tower 1 in Room#1548.It was a nice room with two queen beds and a view of Dr Dooms and the Hulk.That was a suprise! The room is nice just right for the three of us. Service at the desk was fast.No one else was checking in.The pool was great.Not deep but that's OK.It was fun.I also enjoyed the drinks at the pool bar.I remember my favorite was called the 'Big Bula'.
MMM-MMMM good! Can't wait to get back!
Debbie

Motherfletcher
12-12-2003, 02:20 AM
debden- Welcome back, sounds like you had a great room! You got me excited. I have read alot of good things about Tower 1. I just made ressies last night and I requested Tower 1. We have stayed in Tower 2 and had a very similar view of the Hulk and IOA from the 6th floor.
We have stayed in Tower 3 on the 3rd with a view of:crazy2:

Ramie- I think you was wise in getting club level when you did. I just got 12/21 ressies last night for me and the kids, DD10 and DS15, and I just wanted standard for 109. They were out of 2 queens standard and only had 4 pool view queens ($129) left. So it sounds like they might run out of rooms for your time. Let me know if you want to meet and show off the Club Level! We have stayed at both HRH and PBH bayview w/balcony & deluxe and RPR club should not disappoint. We will be in Orlando 12/19-12/24, home for Christmas and back again if all works out today. The crowds won't be a problem for you with FOTL. The only attraction that might be affected is Mt. Crumpit and you can do it early.

hmontgomery- I might have answered your upgrade question already. I don't think that upgrades over Christmas will be easy let alone automatic. I'm Loews Gold and from what I have learned on the hotel threads is it might be possible to upgrade but to Club but it will cost you. RyGuy can tell you more. Of course RyGuy is lucky, too. He got 10/31 ressies a week in advance!

RyGuy- Just talking about you. I have pool view and requested Tower 1 for 12/21. I was thinking of faxing my request again with a 7th floor request as well about 12/18? What do you think it would cost to upgrade to Club? Is there a room specific that I should ask for?

Eclpz314
12-12-2003, 06:47 AM
Hi Debden. You mentioned the pool not being very deep. I remember reading some info back in the summer that all newer pools would be shallower with no diving boards, etc. because of insurance problems. Glad you had a good time!

Ramie
12-12-2003, 08:03 AM
Motherfletcher

Would love to meet. I will be there with my DH, DD15, and my parents who I also got a club level room. We will be there 12/20 and leaving on 12/25. Don't know what room, so maybe we can schedule sometime to meet, or can you find me???? I hope the weather is nice - not sure if I should bring my winter coat with me or leave it in the car at the Pennsylvania airport!! Any suggestions? Can't wait, and glad to know I won't be disappointed with RPR. Hope to see you there. By the way, won't be getting to RPR until afternoon, probably @ 3:00 or so.
:wave2:

RyGuy
12-12-2003, 11:55 AM
MotherFletcher,

I think faxing your request in on the 18th is a good idea. I thought I remembered you saying that you wanted a room with a view of the fireworks? If that is still so, then a pool view in tower 1 will not be what you want. If pool view is your only option then you would need a room in tower 3 that is on the far end of that tower. (right side when the hallway forks and as far down as possible on the right) The higher the better to avoide obstructions. I toured the 7th floor Presidential Suite, which is all the way at the end of the hall and it had a great view of the pool as well as IOA. Your best bet will probably be the 5th floor because at the end of the hallway on the 6th floor is the second Presidential Suite. Sorry I can't help you out with specific room numbers. As for upgrading to club, I booked with the ENT rate back in October ($109 - very lucky!) and was quoted $80 to upgrade to club. You never know what they can and will do but I have been told at all three hotels that upgrading to club will cost money. I think it has a lot to do with the rate your paying. Let me know if you need any more info.

Motherfletcher
12-12-2003, 05:06 PM
They aren't going to start the fireworks until after the 21st. All I could get was waterview. Should I still request Tower 1?

RyGuy
12-12-2003, 05:40 PM
If the fireworks aren't an issue then tower 1 is fine. Unless of course you would like a view of IOA as well. If thats the case go for tower 3. Try for the highest floor possible in either tower to avoid any obstructions. Let me know how things go. Have an awesome trip!

Motherfletcher
12-17-2003, 10:53 AM
Ramie- The weather is a concern of mine as well. I've been monitoring the weather sites and local tv. Today it says:

Sat. 12/20 Hi 59 Lo 36 Partly cloudy
Sun. 12/21 Hi 66 Lo 41 Partly cloudy
Mon. 12/22 Hi 71 Lo 51 Partly cloudy
Tue. 12/23 Hi 73 Lo 56 Partly cloudy

I don't think you need a parka but I wouldn't leave without a coat.
::yes::

RyGuy- My daughter, 10, did a drawing of Bullwinkle with a Santa hat, grass skirt, RPR letter sweater and waving a "Bula Bula" penant. I wrote my request for Tower 1, 7th floor under the drawing and I'm going to fax it tomorrow. It is too damn cute not to get the room I asked for. If you can think of anything to add please let me know before tomorrow.

FeeFeeWhite
12-17-2003, 11:34 AM
We were in Tower 3 on the 6th Floor with the suite with the pool view. It is a wonderful dead center view from every window. I think we had around 8 windows and each view was wonderful. You could see the top of the Hulk and we would just stare and also you had a view of the pool side movie (alas without sound), but we enjoyed it anyway. I do not believe you could go wrong with any upper floor in Tower 3 with a pool view.

RyGuy
12-17-2003, 11:08 PM
Motherfletcher,

I think you are good to go. I would have loved to have seen your daughters drawing. I'm sure it was great. Enjoy RPR!

RyGuy
12-17-2003, 11:11 PM
FeeFeeWhite,

Was it the 6th floor Presidential that you stayed in? I would love to see pictures if you have any.

Motherfletcher
12-24-2003, 04:33 PM
RyGuy-
The fax and sketches worked like a charm. The Manager put a note on our ressies for a specific room(1712). The only problem we had was the room wasn't ready until after 5. The next visit I am going to request a standard on the top floor of Tower 1.

FeeFeeWhite
12-27-2003, 10:50 AM
please tell us more about your trip motherfletcher

jama
12-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Does Royal Pacific have a gift shop? Are milk and snacks available at hotel gift shop or anywhere onsite? thanks,jama

Robinette
12-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by jama
Does Royal Pacific have a gift shop?

jama, RPR does have a gift shop. They do have snacks and drinks, I'm not sure about milk. The manager of that place used to post on this board, if he is still around maybe he can tell you for sure.

Eclpz314
12-29-2003, 08:47 PM
The RPR gift shops carried plenty of snacks, drinks, meds., etc. when we were there in July.......but no milk. We solved the problem by buying individual bottles of milk at the many cafeteria-style restaurants throughout both parks. We just took one of those little soft lunch packs and the milk stayed cold enough to bring back to the hotel and put on ice in the room for later. If I remember correctly, white, choc., and strawberry were available in the parks.

Motherfletcher
12-31-2003, 08:27 AM
I want the suitcase bag with the RPR logo from the gift shop. I was too scared to even look at the price.

DaddyDon
12-31-2003, 09:37 AM
Yea i know what you mean my baseball hat with the rpr logo 18.00 OUCH!!!!!!!

drewc
02-09-2004, 10:31 AM
I booked two days in December (3rd and 4th) this past Saturday (2/7) and got an Entertainment rate of $152. I was disappointed that it was this high - I had been hoping for something in the $110 - $120 range based upon posts on this board.

Do these rates fluctuate throughout the year? The reservationist let me know that I could call in and get the lower rate if it was available. Any idea on when rates may change?

TIA.

FeeFeeWhite
02-09-2004, 01:09 PM
Is the RP pool heated? I was there when it was warm, so I do not know. Also are there any fireworks this weekend?

Hckynut56
02-09-2004, 05:24 PM
Set to go in June 2004 (7th to 11th) at the RPR. This is our first time there. (Stayed HR last year)
Looking for comments on what tower you stayed in, and any other comments that might be of use to a first-timer.
I also have a Lowe's card (from last years stay). Has anyone received a "free" upgrade if rooms were plentyful ??

Thanks !!

p.s. Need to spread the word on this thread. No postings for weeks (between Dec and Feb) ??

themepark
02-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Hopefully I can answer some questions I see posted here:

If you reserved a garden view room at RPR and would like a theme park view, request Tower 1. You aren't guaranteed to get the view but your view from Tower 1 will be better than some of the views (I-4, parking lots,etc...) from the other 2 towers. One drawback to Tower 1 is that it is the farthest away from the Water Taxi. Tower 3 is closest to the dock.

On our last stay, we requested a room upgrade and were offered one for part of our stay but the hotel was booked for our last night so we would have had to change rooms, therefore we declined. Do ask if there are upgrades available. It can't hurt. We are Loews Blue by the way.

The pool was nice and warm in January! The temps were in the upper 60's- mid 70's during our stay and the kids and hubby really enjoyed the pool.

Hope that helps ya'll!

Hckynut56
02-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Thanks to "themepark" for the info. We'll put it to good use.

SHarrison
02-20-2004, 12:46 PM
Hi posters!

I've been trying to organize a trip to Universal for my husband and I for our 5th anniversary. The Universal hotels looked beautfiul but were a little out of our price range for the trip. I thought for sure that we would stay offsite, but the buzz about the front of the line access made the Loews hotels look pretty good!

Thanks to all of your tips, we were able to book a great room at the Royal Pacific for only $119/night under the entertainment rate - and the card only cost me $15!! So thanks again for saving me $70 a night!

Stephanie

mapmakerj
02-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by drewc
I booked two days in December (3rd and 4th) this past Saturday (2/7) and got an Entertainment rate of $152. I was disappointed that it was this high - I had been hoping for something in the $110 - $120 range based upon posts on this board.

Do these rates fluctuate throughout the year? The reservationist let me know that I could call in and get the lower rate if it was available. Any idea on when rates may change?

TIA.

Just booked for Dec 12-15 using Ent. rate and got it for 119.00 per night. I would call reservations back

Ripsaw
02-22-2004, 09:57 AM
We will be staying at RPR for the first time July 1-3, at club level. I was just wondering if there is a club room in each tower or just one, and if so which tower? Thanks.

FeeFeeWhite
02-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Club is in the Royal Tower or Tower 3 closest to the water taxi and close to the pool. The rooms are on the top floor with various views. They have std, king suite and Presidential type suites. The lounge in at end of the hall where it splits and is wonderful.

mtcuz
03-12-2004, 11:07 PM
We are wanting to stay at the royal pacific. How do we get an entertainment rate? Thanks!

mapmakerj
03-13-2004, 07:43 AM
To get entertainment rates just call the hotel directly (the # is on the US web site) and ask if ent. rates are available for your stay. You don't need the card to book but you must have one at check-in. It can be any ent. card from any ent. book not just orlando. Just be sure it isn't expired. Our stay is for Dec 12-15. My current card expires Oct 31 so I will need to buy a new book before my trip

MelindaKiah
03-13-2004, 08:30 AM
Hey mapmakerj!

We're checking in on the 15th of December!! Wish we could have maybe met up. I'm so excited and really hope to meet up with some fellow DISers!:D

lstokes
03-17-2004, 06:49 AM
5 night stay at Club level:
Was a great stay- wonderful way to enjoy your stay at Universal. My family of 5 stayed in a 2 queen room on Club level-4 year old sleeps with DH and I so no roll away was needed.
17 and 13 yr old sons took advantage of all the sodas and snacks in the club room. breakfast selection were always fresh. evening snacks always included: wonderful vegies/dips, huge assorted cheeses/cracker selections, salad of some sort-pasta, red potato, tortilla chips, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, melons, -sliced meat, quesadillas etc....
sodas-cokes, sprite bottle water also-to grab to take to parks.
My DH estimates we saved over $200/day in just breakfasts/drinks/snacks alone by going the Club level for all 5 of us.
Any ???'s

alaskantwinks
03-17-2004, 04:56 PM
Hi lstokes, I totally agree with your depiction of club level. It is so nice to have those amenities provided to you when you are on vacation, isn't it? :tongue: We really took advantage of the snacks, water, drinks...it helped not to have to go downstairs and be with the rest of the crowd and have to pay a separate amount for breakfast. I really thought they did a nice job on the evening offerings too, with the assortment/wide variety of crackers and cheeses, meats, etc. Normally you'd expect just club crackers and cheddar cheese, but they had an excellent selection. In addition to that, the hot item made up a meal! It saved us a lot in $$ too. Only problem is, we are spoiled now, and won't want to stay any other way! Not to mention the service was great! Just curious, what did you pay per night? We got the Fan club rate and paid $209 + tax. It was well worth it. Kelly

damo
03-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Which hotel was that?

alaskantwinks
03-17-2004, 05:28 PM
I was talking about RPR, and I guess I was assuming that the other person was too...all I know is that I went to the Hard Rock to check out their club lounge, it is 1/2 the size of the RPR's. I really liked the one we stayed at, not just for the size, but the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. It was great. Not to mention, we had the place to ourselves most of the time! :Pinkbounc

lstokes
03-17-2004, 06:51 PM
Yes, we stayed at the RP during the week of March 6-11.
Our rate was not as good as yours,alaskantwinks, but considering Spring Break time, was definitely worth all the perks.
Also used the fitness club with no charge since on Club level. Enjoyed the sauna/steam room and the great equipment.
I agree with you also on now being spoiled by the Club level.
We did go on a Disney 3 day cruise after our RP stay though and felt just as pampered of course...
I had heard also that the Hard Rock Club was not as nice as the RP.
Wasn't the pool area fantastic!!!
Enjoyed the hot tubs there also!!!

alaskantwinks
03-17-2004, 07:38 PM
We never made it to the fitness club, although we passed it on the way to Tchoup Chops! That was the best food we had on our trip, btw! The pool area was great, and there weren't that many people in it! We also went on a 3 day Disney cruise after our Universal and WDW stay! We loved it too. When I got home, I wondered what happened to my bed being made, napking being put in my lap, someone calling me "ma'am", etc.!!! I want to do a 7 day now. It was too short!

pigby
03-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Anyone booked and received a good rate for this October using their Entertainment card - I'd be interested in knowing how much you paid - we're looking at oct 21st -25th

Sue

Robinette
03-26-2004, 09:07 AM
Sue, I just booked w/ the fan club rate of $157 a night for RPR. (October 20th - 23rd)

Entertainment rate of $144 was available but only on the 21st.

earthless
04-05-2004, 02:58 PM
I am definitely interested in booking a couple of nights here. How does one get/apply Entertainment rates or any other form of discounts? :confused:

earthless
04-05-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by mapmakerj
To get entertainment rates just call the hotel directly (the # is on the US web site) and ask if ent. rates are available for your stay. You don't need the card to book but you must have one at check-in. It can be any ent. card from any ent. book not just orlando. Just be sure it isn't expired. Our stay is for Dec 12-15. My current card expires Oct 31 so I will need to buy a new book before my trip

Where do you get these? How does it work?

Sorry for the newbie questions.

AllieKat
04-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Hi Earthless!

You can get an Entertainment book & card at www.entertainment.com. Call 1-800-BeAStar and ask if they have Entertainment rates available for your dates & hotel. If they do, go ahead and book your room then purchase your book & card. :D

AlexandNessa
04-05-2004, 06:42 PM
Just booked RPR Club for October/November. I know the HRH has 95 club rooms, and people report lines out the club lounge for afternoon snacks. I'm just wondering if the same type of thing happens on RPR Club. Are there so many people during the afternoon reception that you have to wait, or there's nothing left?

lstokes
04-05-2004, 07:17 PM
We were there at RPR CLub 3-6 thru3-11,2004.

There was no lines at all. My party of 5 total were able to eat at breakfast, afternoon and evening with no crowds. Plenty of tables, 2 TV's for DVD watching for the kids.
Great selections of food.
We were really spoiled by the good treatment of this level. That along with the Front of the LIne pass at the parks makes for a wonderful vacation.

Familyof14
04-06-2004, 06:46 AM
lstokes - I recently was quoted a price of $219 plus tax to stay at this resort. We also have 5 in our family. Were you charged an extra per person charge to stay at the Royal? I have been told by members on this board that my quote from the Royal is only for two people and that we would be charged extra for each occupant over the two.

earthless
04-06-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by AllieKat
Hi Earthless!

You can get an Entertainment book & card at www.entertainment.com. Call 1-800-BeAStar and ask if they have Entertainment rates available for your dates & hotel. If they do, go ahead and book your room then purchase your book & card. :D

Thank you, I just bought one.

I hope I didn't have to buy one for the Orlando area, to get discounts for the Orlando stuff. :(

When can I apply my membership to this for a discount on a room at the RPR?

I am also now a Loews First member.

lstokes
04-06-2004, 10:08 AM
familyof14:
We were a party of 2 adults and 3 children-
I do know there is a charge of $25 IF you require a fold away bed for the 5th person.
My 4 yr old DD slept with my DH and I, so we did not require this. Several disboard users have brought an inflatable mattress for the 5th person to use.
In my experience, the charge is for the room, unless you need the extra fold away as mentioned above.

AllieKat
04-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by earthless
Thank you, I just bought one.

I hope I didn't have to buy one for the Orlando area, to get discounts for the Orlando stuff. :(

When can I apply my membership to this for a discount on a room at the RPR?

I am also now a Loews First member.

Your card will be good for hotel discounts at any hotel that has Entertainment rates available. I have an Atlanta book/card but am using it for my RPR reservations.

Call 1-800-BeAStar and ask if they have Entertainment rates available at RPR for the dates you're planning on going. If they do, go ahead and book, even though you don't have your book/card yet. While you have them on the phone, go ahead and give them your Loews First Membership number. Remember to bring your Entertainment card with you when you check into the hotel as they may ask to see it for verification.

Hope this helps! Happy trip planning! :D

earthless
04-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Thank you, Allie!! It does help tremendously.

Is that 800 number part of the RPR/Loews chain of hotels? Their official number for reservations?

AllieKat
04-06-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by earthless
Thank you, Allie!! It does help tremendously.

Is that 800 number part of the RPR/Loews chain of hotels? Their official number for reservations?

You're welcome! :D

That 800 # is for Universal Orlando Resort, you can make reservations at any of the 3 hotels by calling that number. You can also call Loews direct at 1-800-23LOEWS. You can check for Entertainment rates at both numbers. The staff at Universal is well aware of the Loews First program so they'll know what you're talking about when you give them your Loew's membership #. :D

earthless
04-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Ok, I just booked the two nights we need at the RPR at a decent rate. We got the Loews First and Entertainment discount.

Thanks everyone for all of your help!! :hyper: :wave2: :earsboy:

Familyof14
04-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Do you mind sharing your price? I called also and was given a AAA rate, but no Entertainment rate when asked.:confused:

earthless
04-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Familyof14
Do you mind sharing your price? I called also and was given a AAA rate, but no Entertainment rate when asked.:confused:

Sure, I will just be embarrassed if the rate I was given happens to not be a discount at all! :yo-yo:

For a king room, two adults - waterview - $199.00 + tax, per night, for two nights.

johnvree
04-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Can someone tell me whether the RPR has a fitness center? If so, has anyone used it? What's it like?

highlander447
04-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Yes they do all the hotels have a fitness room available $10 per day or free to Lowes members my DD and DW used it a few weeks ago and loved it to energetic for me:jester:

mhely
04-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Hi All,

What are the benfits of belonging to the Loews First program beside earning points in the program? Are there additional discounts? Beyond the ENT or AP rates?

I just made reservations for December getting Annaul Pass rates at the RPR. I'm planning on calling back and checking ENT rates.

Thanks!

Lqqieee
04-11-2004, 04:14 PM
We stayed at RPR in June 2003. We had such a great time! Tchoup choup was amazing, left me speechless! The restaurant downstairs had this yummy asiago bbq chicken pizza to die for! The hotel was just beautiful, the pool was gorgeous. We'll definitely go back in a heartbeat.

d4est
04-12-2004, 01:31 PM
We will be visiting UFA in Feb 2005, and am thinking about RPR. Can anyone tell me about the rooms? Specifically, bedding and is there a sofa (pullout)? Also, I am a Loewsfirst member....what would you recommend for the welcome gift? I am waiting for 2005 entertainment prices to come out, was told try the end of May. I hope to get a decent rate on a standard room and then go for Club level as free upgrade.

Any info appreciated!

ValDisney
04-12-2004, 04:20 PM
I was planning on going to universal dec 22-26. but the RPR will only give ent rated of 119 for the 22 or b4. I have 2 questions. should I go earlier (even if it means taking the kids out of school, one will be in 3rd the other K), so we can enjoy Univeral (our 1st time)?
or should I go and hope to do everything for 2 days and then move to a diff hotel and relax b4 our cruise (the 26th)/
AS it gets closer or maybe when I'm there, do you think they will lower the prices if there is room?
Sorry, this post is so long, but I am so confused. I can't afford the rack rate for the 3 days since we r going on the disney cruise also. Thanks for your help.
Valerie

crazyme5kids
04-13-2004, 05:12 AM
If it were me, I would take the kids out a couple of days early. Universal is so much fun you'll want to spend more than 2 days there!

KittyCat
04-13-2004, 08:27 AM
I vote for taking the kids out early too. It sounds like a great vacation and our children grow-up so fast. Make memories now!!

earthless
04-13-2004, 08:39 AM
I can't wait!!!!!!! :hyper:

Kerlynne
04-13-2004, 03:20 PM
I agree with taking the kids out early. Your kids are still young enough that they shouldn't miss a whole lot. We took our 10 year out, week before Christmas to go to Universal. It was so worth it! The lines were not heavy yet, but we enjoyed all the holiday fun. Also, what you can do is tell the child's teacher ahead of time, and they can send some work for them to work on. :teacher: But remember this is a vacation, so don't work them to death. :yo-yo: It just helps so they wouldn't get too behind. The teacher should have to give the your child allotted time after vacation to finish his/her work. My sons teacher let him stay after school for an extra 30 minutes, so she could teach him some stuff, so he would know how to do his homework, while we were gone.
Have fun, and like the above post said, they are only small for a short time, so make some fun memories!!:goodvibes

Eclpz314
04-13-2004, 03:44 PM
We used to go to WDW the Sat before Thanks. through the following Sunday when the kids were young. Only one time when my daughter was in 2nd grade did the teacher assign any work.....and that was to keep a journal of the weather and our daily activities. Usually, the week before any holiday has the kids so wound up that it seems not a lot of teaching gets accomplished anyway. Plus, going before and actual holiday, you get to enjoy the semi-quiet parks for a few days and then enjoy the holiday festivities (crowds) Go ahead and take them out while they're younger. It was actually me who was the one most disappointed the year my kids said "no, we can't miss school" Enjoy!

ValDisney
04-13-2004, 06:57 PM
I decided to take them out. You are all right. They are only young once. Its funny. Universal was sopossed to be a side trip before the cruise and now bc I am going sun-sat, its going to be longer then the cruise itself.
I will atay at the RPR until thur (use the FOTL that day) and then move to maybe the holiday inn for 2 days. Maybe we'll even do sea world. Is the holiday inn a decent hotel?
Thanks again everyone.
Valerie

KittyCat
04-13-2004, 07:13 PM
Valerie, I am SO GLAD you decieded to take the children out of school early. You all will have such a good time. We stayed at the Holiday Inn (the one across from Universal) about 7 years ago, it was fine. Also just to let you know...you can use your Front Of The Line passes from Royal Pacific all day(even after you check out) on the last day .

ValDisney
04-13-2004, 07:24 PM
That makes it so convenient to go to the holiday inn. Maybe I can check in early and go back to the parks and use FOTL. If not, the hotel said they secure them. I'm sure the holiday inn will be fine.. I don't need much at that point, as long as the pool is heated. Thanks again
Valerie

d4est
04-14-2004, 09:17 AM
I already asked, but it got burried so I am asking again.

we are going to USO in Feb, 2005 and I am thinking about RPR. What can you tell me about the rooms/beds? Are they comfy? If I get a king room, is there a pull-out sofa? And the pool? Will a 7 year old like it or be happier at the HRH?

Also, I signed up for loewsfirst. What would anyone recommend for the welcome gift? I picked the cookies & milk with my son in mind, but also think my husband would appreciate the beer. Do you get to choose which brand of beer?

For now, it is too early to get ressies. I was told ent rates for 2005 wouldn't be out until the end of May or later. I have AAA and the fan card (Ihope), and may look into hotelkingdom for the cheapest rates possible. Hoping to book standard room and get upgraded to club (wishful thinking???) Anyone ever been successfully upgraded from standard to club?

Thanks so much, Laurie

GeminiMom
04-14-2004, 03:49 PM
d4est,
You might want to check out this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=545370
concerning beds/room @ RP. I think it'll answer some of your questions. There's even a link posted on the thread to show you pics of the resort.

About the Loews 1st gift, I would probably have chosen the milk/cookies for my kids also.....besides, there are better ways to surprise the hubby:p

From all the comments I've read on the boards here, the RP pool sounds like it'll be great fun for my 10 yr. old twins. It has the play area (the ship) and most have said that it wasn't very crowded when they were there. The HRH seems to get more of a crowd (probably because of the music & slide). I personally will feel more at ease with them swimming @ RP pool knowing I won't have to keep such a viligant eye on them (trying to follow them through the throngs of people). I think you can't go wrong with either pool & staying onsite allows you the great option of pool hopping! Hope you have a great stay!

d4est
04-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Thank you very much for the info--very helpful!!

earthless
04-15-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by ValDisney
I decided to take them out. You are all right. They are only young once. Its funny. Universal was sopossed to be a side trip before the cruise and now bc I am going sun-sat, its going to be longer then the cruise itself.
I will atay at the RPR until thur (use the FOTL that day) and then move to maybe the holiday inn for 2 days. Maybe we'll even do sea world. Is the holiday inn a decent hotel?
Thanks again everyone.
Valerie

Your kids will love you!!!

GOOFY ROCKS
04-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Please, will someone review or comment about the Luau!? I am considering it for our trip in May, but it seems expensive. Is it worth it? How is the food and entertainment? Will my 10 & 14 yr. old kids enjoy? Thanks!!

ajksmom
04-26-2004, 03:40 PM
GOOFY ROCKS,

I am sorry that I have no info. on the actual luau, however I read that you might be interested in going and that it was expensive. If you look for the 1/2 price gift certificate thread you will see that on this friday the luau will be the featured "resteraunt" this week. I read that they will be selling $100 GC for $50 for the luau. Perhaps if you find info that makes it a go for your family this deal will make it more affordable.:wave2:

GOOFY ROCKS
04-26-2004, 04:49 PM
Thanks for answering! I definately will get the 1/2 off GC's if I can only find out something about the LUAU. There is another thread regarding the luau but noone seems to have any info. Seems really strange that NOONE out there on these DIS boards has ever been. Wierd!

PatMcDuck
05-04-2004, 08:10 AM
I have a few questions? I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights in August at RPH, one club (paying $319/255), one regular (paying $219/175). I tried all discounts, Fan Club, AAA, Entertainment book, etc. I managed to get AAA for the Sat night, but I am paying the seasonal rate for Friday (rack). I am a gold card Loews member, so the regular room gets upgraded to pool view free. This is for August, and I booked a little late, so I will live with it, I know the rates are high.

Questions: The 2 people in the regular room, can we have them up to the club level as our guests? Also, what exactly do they put out for breakfast at club level?

I will live with the cost, as I know the value of FOTL access on a weeeknd in August. (Did HRH last summer, and saw lines 2 hours long at times)

Eclpz314
05-05-2004, 06:10 AM
I am in the same boat as you, only in July. We invited my mother to come down for 2 nights out of our 10. We will be on club and she will be reg. (I think) You mentioned using AAA? Were you able to get that rate for both rooms? We've already got the AAA discount for our room and I didn't know if I could use that for the other room also. I haven't made her ressie yet as it was not decided until yesterday. As for breakfast offerings, there's there's dry cereal in those little bowl/boxes, bagels w/several kinds of crm ch., fresh sliced fruits, juices, coffee & tea (all day), hot cinnamon buns (really delicious!) and I wish my boys were here so they could remind me of all the other good stuff!

PatMcDuck
05-05-2004, 08:09 AM
I got AAA for both rooms, club and regular for Sat only. Friday was unavailable.

I have been reading that the HRP rooms are smaller than HRH (where we were last year). That is ok, but we need to place Aerobeds on the floor, that might be tough. (We only have 3 or 4 per room, but teens won't sleep together). Maybe we only need to do that in one of the rooms, if my daughter shares with me.

The club area looks nicer in HRP than it was in HRH. Bigger I mean.

The breakfast you mentioned is perfect, all we really need. Glad we booked club.

Eclpz314
05-05-2004, 08:18 AM
Your twin airbed will work just fine over by the window. We were/will be doing the same thing with our 15/18 yr old sons. A queen bed is just not big enough for both of them! lol Our 15 yr old continued using the airbed even after we returned home. He found it really comfy. We had plenty of room at RPR.....as long as they kept their stuff picked up! Also, you might want to take advantage of the late afternoon offerings in the club lounge. Veggies, dips, fruit, and always some type of hot casserole stuff. It helped tide us over and kept us from having to buy big meals a lot. It was also a very convenient way to spend time during those afternoon thunderstorms. They also offer desserts from about 8-10pm.......never got back in time to see that selection.

TraceyL
05-05-2004, 04:25 PM
Hi
I'm considering breaking up our December vacation with a night at RPR. We have APs and I've joined Loews First. What are my chances of a free upgrade to Club or should I just book Club anyway ? Is it worth the extra $60+ (there're 4 of us)

Eclpz314
05-05-2004, 10:06 PM
I don't think you would get a free upgrade to club. You could go from standard to waterview. We paid $35 extra per night to get club level last year. This year I used AAA to get a halfway decent rate--$255 per night instead of $319 rack for club. I really don't think it would be worth getting a club level room for just one night.

ruthshobby
05-07-2004, 11:43 AM
We stayed at the RPR from 4/27-5/2. We checked in at 11 am and were upgraded to a pool view room. I asked about club and it was avaialable, but the upgrade cost was $100. We we staying on an annual pass rate of $119 a night, had our rate been higher, the upgrade cost would have been lower (according to check-in clerk).

Overall, the hotel was lovely. I would definately stay again at that rate. We were given a very nice bottle or red wine and mixed nuts as a welcome ammenity. The staff were all exceptionally polite.
I did have a very difficult time getting the minibar emptied. I requested this shortly after checkin and was told it would cost $50. I said I would just empty it myself, but was told that the hotel staff would throw out whatever I put in the mini-bar and replace the items I removed. When I inquired again, I was quoted $25 to have it emptied. Not happy, but not feeling like I had good options (we have a baby and needed refrigerator space), I agreed. When I returned several hours later, the minibar had not been emptied. I called and was told that the earlier quotes were mistaken and that emptying the minibar would cost $75. At that point I did get a bit huffy and ask to speak to a manager. Eventually, the minibar manager agreed to let me empty the minibar myself and not have the daily service check. I emptied the bar into the top shelf of the closet and replaced all the morning we checked out. Strangely enough, when I opened the minibar for the first time, there was a plastic box of rotted and molded rasberrries inside.

Motherfletcher
05-10-2004, 07:22 AM
My son emptied the minibar at PBH and it cost a lot more than that! He will be mowing my lawn for several decades.

PatMcDuck
05-11-2004, 06:58 AM
Just a quick post, we are going to RPR in August for a Fri/Sat night stay. When I booked (late, just last week) the only disocunt I could get was AAA for the Sat night only. They charged me the regualr "seasonal" rate for Friday. (I asked for Entertainment book, Fan Club, Annual passholder, AAA). Yesterday I called about something else, and after that was done, I asked to see if rates had dropped any.......and they screwed up the reservation, only had one night on it, or something. Well, as it turns out, AAA is now available for BOTH nights, so I saved another $100.

So all well that ends well. AAA is not the best room discount, but it is better than nothing. Last week they said AAA WAS eligible for the guarenteed room upgrade (Loews First gold card), and they gave it to me. Now they say it is not....... (I knew Ent book and Fan Club was ineligible). I will call Loews First to check on that soon.

FeeFeeWhite
05-11-2004, 11:51 AM
AAA is ok for upgrade.

Eclpz314
05-12-2004, 06:09 AM
FeeFee, I was also told the AAA discount was the only one that was eligible and would count for Loew's "qualified" stay. They said I couldn't use AAA for the 2nd room (although someone else on these boards was able to do so) The person I talked to was nice and asked if there were any other discounts I'd like to try. I did have to use AP discount just yesterday to book a 2nd room for 2 nights for my mom to join us in July. The AP rate originally quoted me back in Feb. was $222 for club, but I opted for the AAA $254 rate even though it was higher in order to keep it counting towards platinum. When I booked my mom's room yesterday, the AP rate for club was quoted as $288...ouch! That is a little over $30 extra each night from what I booked our room!!! But, since we already had convinced mom to come down.......well, I bit the bullet and reserved it for her. It really seems like the answers people get depend on who answers the phone....really gets confusing!

Familyof14
05-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Just how big are the closets in a standard RPR room? Is the closet in the entry hall or inside the bedroom area? Enough room to hold 10 suitcases? :teeth:
What about sinks. Are there two sinks in a room?
Can a rollaway be put in the entrance hall? Looks from pics that the hall is wide enough without disruption to the bathroom and entrance door. If not, just where is the rollaway placed?

Eclpz314
05-12-2004, 01:35 PM
We had a softside luggage set that store inside each other plus the kids each had their own sports bags for cd players, etc. I was able to put all of our clothes in the dresser and hang what was left in the entryway closet. Not sure where they put a rollaway. We used a twin airbed and put it over between the window and bed. There's only one sink in the bathroom area. It's actually outside of the actual bathroom which makes it easier for a couple of people to be getting ready at the same time. There's a carved dividing wall between the sink area and the rest of the room.

Motherfletcher
05-12-2004, 01:47 PM
The secret to getting ready at the same time is to go to the fitness center and shower/shave in the locker room.

Familyof14
05-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Oh boy! i just made my reservations thinking that there was a sink in the outer area of the bath and one inside the bathroom. One sink for 5 people! :eek:

My DH is going to kill me!

We will not be unpacking for the two nights. We are on our way to a cruise and will more than likely have two bags a piece of all sorts of sizes and shapes. Just wanted to know if we will be able to fit them all in the closet to get them out of the way.

Motherfletcher
05-13-2004, 05:24 AM
This is how you do it:
Join Loews 1st so you can get in the fitness center free and send all of the guys down there to get ready. They have enough showers and sinks to accomodate.

Familyof14
05-13-2004, 09:48 AM
We are members, but I can't see my husband and son going down to the fitness center to shower when we paid $215 a night for a room.:teeth:

ruthshobby
05-13-2004, 02:23 PM
The sink in our room was inside the bathroom, not outside. The bathroom was of good size -large enough for me to comfortably put the armchair in there to read the paper (so as not to wake everyone else) in the early morning.<br>
There is no way 10 suitcases would have fit in our closet! Our bags were pretty small and it was still a challenge to find places for them.

Familyof14
05-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Your chair in the bathroom story reminds me of a story. When we stayed at the Polynesian Resort, I had walking pneumonia. So that I didn't disturb the others from my coughing, I slept in the bathtub a couple of nights. :teeth: That was when I was a bit smaller (and I was even pregnant with my third child then).

The luggage thing has me worried now. Could it possibly fit under the bed? Because of your set up, I wonder if you had an unusual room?

ajksmom
05-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Family of 14,

Am I correct that you are visiting UO/IOA before your cruise? If that is so perhaps you can pack suitcases accordingly- pack one that is strictly for your "cruisewear" and have the other one with clothes for universal, toiletries,etc. That way 5 could be shoved,stacked, or hidden and won't need to come out at all at RPR. You sound as though you are stressing because of the change in resorts and I don't want to see it ruin your vacation.:wave2:

Familyof14
05-14-2004, 10:25 AM
ajksmom - Since we will be flying in late the night before we go to IOA, I do plan on having everyone put their 2 outfits (one for IOA and one for cruise) along with toiletries on the top of their other things in the suitcases. ;) That's a great idea! I was just worried about having suitcases piled everywhere that we would end up tripping over.:bounce:

As for the room - A Garden View room in Portofino finally opened up and I got a AAA rate of $255 for 4 adults and one adult sized child..

I am keeping my other reservation at Royal Pacific ($215) and I will keep checking back with rates to see if I can get a better rate at Portofino.

So far, that's the best rate I have seen for a Garden View at Portofino since I missed getting the FAN Club rate of $242. :)

Knowing the above rates and that we will have 5 adult sized people sharing the room, which resort would you pick?

BTW - My RPH AAA rate went up today to $269.00. I do wish that Loew's would just keep rate at their very lowest and quit playing games. :rolleyes:

ruthshobby
05-15-2004, 10:54 AM
I don't know if our room was different than the usual-- It did have a fabulous view of the pool. Re you suitcases-- I am sure the bellhop can store your excess luggage until you checkout.

threeboysmom
05-15-2004, 01:46 PM
ruthshobby - are you sure you're talking about the Royal Pacific and not the Portofino? The sinks are all on the outside of the bathrooms (unless maybe you stayed in a suite?). Also, I thought the bathroom was very tiny - how did you fit an armchair in there?

Familyof14
05-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Makes no difference now, as I cancelled our reservation for Royal today. Two sinks are better than one. ;)

ruthshobby - Good idea about having luggage stored!

ruthshobby
05-16-2004, 06:59 AM
Um, yes-- I am sure that the hotel was the RPR. We stayed in room 3412 (fourth floor, tower three overlooking pool) for 5 days. I had read here that the bathrooms were tiny and that the sinks were outside the main bath, but clearly not all the rooms are set up that way.

Next time, we probably will move to the Portafino Bay because the rooms there are so much larger and we were very cramped (as a family of 5) at the RPR.

Familyof14
05-16-2004, 04:21 PM
I made the right decision then. Thanks again for everyones' help!

RN007pk
05-18-2004, 11:07 PM
The Annual Pass will run you $169.00 and you only have to buy one to get the discounts on room, meals, etc. If you keep checking www.loews-first.com you will more than likely get a rate of $119.00/nite for RPR. That will more than pay for the one AP. Also, I just booked 3 nights at the Portofino at a rate of $188.00 with the APH discount. Just go to the website, make sure you join, if you're not a member, because it is free and you could get an upgrade. Anyway, when you check rates use the code APH and you'll be surprised at the rates you will get. Good luck and I hope it all works out!

earthless
05-19-2004, 08:24 AM
I can't wait!! :hyper: ::yes::

tinkerdorabelle
05-21-2004, 01:40 PM
The code of APH is for annual passholders only correct?

Motherfletcher
05-24-2004, 05:56 AM
yes

earthless
05-24-2004, 09:29 AM
Can I buy our Universal Studio passes when we arrive at the RPH?

RyGuy
05-24-2004, 10:52 AM
Yes, I belive they sell most passes at the conceirge desk in the lobby.

earthless
05-24-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by RyGuy
Yes, I belive they sell most passes at the conceirge desk in the lobby.

Great to hear, thank you!

sn00zn
06-10-2004, 03:57 PM
I have booked a standard room at the RPR for the week of Thanksgiving for $129 using the AP rate. It turned out to be cheaper to get an AP and discount hotel then to do the "Stay and Play" rate that I had originally intended. I also got the 2 years for the price of one deal (which ended May 31), so this should save us even more on the next vacation.

I am a little confused about parking though. My RPR ressie says that parking is $6 a night, but I'm pretty sure one of the AP benefits is free parking. Does anyone know what the deal is?

snoozn

KittyCat
06-10-2004, 04:34 PM
snOOzn,
First of all Congratulations!!!! That is a great rate for
that time of year!! You will love the Royal Pacific.
Parking at any of the resorts is $6.00 per day.
You may come and go with your car as many
times as you like and it's still $6.00
The free parking for APH is for the theme park
parking lots.
Hope you have a great time!!!

sn00zn
06-13-2004, 01:55 PM
KittyCat,
I'm glad it's a great rate, as I sure did a lot of "homework" to find great rates on hotel, tickets and airfare. I ended up spending $1400 less than the first total price I got if I just bought what came up first.

Thanks for explaining the parking to me. We are really only planning on using the car to drive to and from the airport and to visit SeaWorld one day. I wonder if we can leave the car in the theme park lot instead of the hotel lot to save the $6. I always have to try to save more after all!

If you or anyone else knows if this is possible, please let me know. Thanks!
snoozn

earthless
06-21-2004, 03:51 PM
We just came back (last night) from a few days at the RPR. We LOVED IT!

We had a room with a water view. Tower 1, third floor. It was so nice, cozy and the service was incredible.

We will most definitely return for a few more days. We had done 5 days prior at Disney's CSR and had a great time at both.

FeeFeeWhite
06-21-2004, 06:01 PM
That's it. I know the rooms are kinda small, but they are so cozy!

2tinksmom
06-29-2004, 08:48 AM
Okeydokey, I read the entire thread and still have a question. Please forgive me if it was already answered! We are going to Universal for the first time May, 2005. From what I've read, it's not a bad walk to the parks and is faster than the water taxis. Which tower is the closest to the walkway? I would rather not have to walk forever in the hotel just to get to the walkway!! Thanks in advance!
Michele

Motherfletcher
06-29-2004, 09:16 AM
The walkway to IOA is within 10' of Tower 1. Tower 1 also has a stairway exit directly onto the walkway. That said, most people take the elevators which are located at the foot of the "Y" of all towers. If you are going the elevator route to the walkway through the pool area then Tower 3 is the closest.
To get to US with the least amount of walking would be Tower 3 to the bus. The bus takes you to a gate near the ticket sales booths. The bus driver says that it is closer to IOA too, but I think the boat dock is closer. The bus is faster because my son took the boat and us the bus and told both that we were racing.
You can walk forever at PBH but RPR isn't bad.

2tinksmom
06-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Thank you, thank you, Motherfletcher!! That makes choosing a tower a lot easier!
Michele

Leafy
06-30-2004, 12:05 AM
Hello,

I have a question about club level. What hours are the breakfast and evening snacks available?

We usually close down the parks. So, if we don't get back to our room until 9:00pm, will the food be gone?

Then, of course, we're up a little late, perhaps around 9 - 10am for breakfast.

Thank you!

Ishy
07-01-2004, 03:37 PM
and is it only in certain entertainment books?

GeminiMom
07-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Ishy
and is it only in certain entertainment books?

Ishy,
You can get the entertainment rates quoted to you by calling 1-800-BEASTAR or 1-800-23LOEWS. There are limited rooms offered under the ENT rate so it's possible they may not have any for that rate for your dates. If that's the case, don't give up! Keep calling as rooms can become available again when cancellations are made. You can purchase any Entertainment book & use the card that comes with it. We always purchase the one for our area & use other coupons, it more than pays for itself. Hope this helps! :D

penny28380
07-04-2004, 02:15 PM
How do you purchase the entertainment book and how much does it cost? Is that all you need to do to get the entertainment discount? Thanks!

sherries
07-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Entertainment book can be purchased online at Entertainment.com.

ihave4kids
07-05-2004, 09:59 PM
I already have a reservation for July 21-23 at the FAN club rate,but now the APH is cheaper,but only available on Friday night.Do I need to chane my reservation and make 2 different ones to apply that rate for the one night or will they let me do that?????

dmillerdmd
07-06-2004, 10:54 PM
Just got back from 8 days @ RPR, it was awesome. We stayed on club level and I assure you it was worth it ( $ as well as emotionally) DH could get up as early as he pleased & let us sleep. We all wandered as we woke up, lots of rest and no pressure! Good breakfast, load up for the park, and off we go. What a wonderful trip. Don't tell anyone, but I think I may have enjoyed it more than DISNEY. Oh no, don't be silly , it was almost as good???

Motherfletcher
07-07-2004, 04:57 AM
dmillerdmd-
Welcome to the boards! Glad you had a good time at RPR. The "might be better than Disney" secret is safe with us.::yes::

Pongo69
07-07-2004, 11:10 AM
:D

unfreshdiva1
07-07-2004, 05:55 PM
Just booked APH rate of $139 for 8/9-8/10! Excited as it will be first time staying on-site at Universal. What time can you check in and receive FOTL pass? I was hoping you can check in at 8 a.m. (realize room would not be ready, but hoping you can get key). Anyone know if this is possible?

gschmerl
07-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by unfreshdiva1
Just booked APH rate of $139 for 8/9-8/10! Excited as it will be first time staying on-site at Universal. What time can you check in and receive FOTL pass? I was hoping you can check in at 8 a.m. (realize room would not be ready, but hoping you can get key). Anyone know if this is possible?
YES. You can check in early and get your room key for FOTL even if your room is not ready.

gschmerl
07-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by unfreshdiva1
YES. You can check in early and get your room key for FOTL even if your room is not ready.

Pongo69
07-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Hello Again
I just split my stay between Disney and RPR. This will be our first time staying on Universal property, and from what I read it seems to be worth it.

I was offered the annual pass rate of 139.00 for those nights and was wondering what the perks are for having an annual pass and staying onsite. I know the discount with the hotel is better with the annual pass but are the dining and merchandise discounts somewhat the same percentage wise as AAA.

Any help is appreciated.