PDA

View Full Version : HARD ROCK HOTEL information

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Robinrs
10-02-2002, 01:06 PM
http://www.loewshotels.com/hotels/images/main_photo_hardrock.jpg

BY POPULAR REQUEST!

This will be a thread dedicated to information for the UNIVERSAL HARD ROCK HOTEL.

Add all of your information about rates, discounts, room types etc. here!

:D

pathubia
10-02-2002, 03:10 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KarenT
10-02-2002, 07:33 PM
Okay, it looks like this is the place to post this burning question. I'd like to know what kind of food is available at the HRH Club level and if it's available all day long. I've been toying with the idea of upgrading. With 2 teenage boys it might save me in the long run, but I'm not interested if the snacks turn out to be something like Goldfish and Kool-Aid. Can anyone give me the low down?

KarenT

paulakim
10-03-2002, 06:05 PM
We will be staying at HRH in Nov. and needed to know if there is a catholic church nearby and their mass schedule? (I hope I am posting this in the right place.)

Thanks! Paula:D

E.Jane
10-06-2002, 01:36 PM
I keep reading about guests being given a CD when they check in. No one ever mentions which CD! What kind of music - is it assorted, or just one band/singer? Just curious!

Also, how loud is the music around the pool? We have a pool view deluxe room booked, and I worry about the noise.

Aisling
10-06-2002, 08:13 PM
E.Jane,
the CD we got last year was a variety of groups and singers I never heard of, neither did my 16 year old son. But it was rock and roll and pretty good music.
We had a garden view, so I can't say if the pool noise/music would be a bother, but whenever we were by that area, it didn't seem loud at all, sort of background music.
We loved HR!

FeeFeeWhite
10-16-2002, 08:58 PM
Elton John, Mandy Moore & people that I am not familar with.

klc
10-17-2002, 10:00 PM
We had a pool view room last year and the music was no problem. The music is louder underwater. You'll love the pool view!!

Bob Noble
10-22-2002, 09:50 AM
They change the CD's over time. I was just there two weeks ago and it was different than the one I got in February and is the third of our collection. Not sure how many they have put out. Most of the music I have heard or our kids know.

Bob

markšoš
10-23-2002, 09:07 AM
Is there any easy way to general information on room rates for specific time periods?

Also, does HRH play games with all the crazy discount codes like Disney does?

Thanks

natt
10-26-2002, 05:31 PM
We stayed at the HR last in Jan. '02. Had paid for the pool view and were very disapointed. The room we had was angled so that we pretty much had a eye shot of the roof. After seeing the beautiful courtyard, we wished we'd saved the extra $ and gone with that view.

Also, very strange thing happened. The one night at 3AM an announcement came into the rooms saying "a security alarm had been activated, please remain calm and stand by for further instructions" Being our first trip post 9/11, it was quite unnerving!
I guess this was one of the gliches in the hi-tech "smart room" and hopefully they've straightened the problems out!

Other than that, the hotel and the trip was great and one of our most successful vacations with the kids!

lynr
10-26-2002, 09:18 PM
MarkO:

I talked to reservations last week and they told me that the Discounts for May were not out yet but to call every month until they come out and to check for specials. So I the answer is yes, they do discount rooms like Disney.

corvair
10-28-2002, 07:42 AM
Can anyone tell me when they have the pool movies? Are they just on the weekends? Also, I am soon going to book. I would like to have a room that would make it easy to get to the pool. I am going to try and book pool veiw. Any suggestions for room requests? thanks...amy

pauldents
11-07-2002, 08:38 PM
Amy,

Dive-in-movies are on Friday nights and the concerts are screened on Saturday nights.

Regards

paul

uotomorrow
11-08-2002, 07:57 PM
You will want to request to be near the elevators. This is the fastest way I know to get to the pool area. Even if you're on the 6th or 7th (Club) floor, you will still be only 3 - 4 mins to get to the pool.

cinbis
11-16-2002, 03:04 PM
I have a few questions.

Does the HRH charge hotel guests parking?

How can I obtain a Loews discount card. Someone mentioned that it's on a website, but they didn't give the address.

Does the HRH have a fitness center and is there a jogging trail?

Thanks for your help!

pauldents
11-16-2002, 03:37 PM
Hi,

The HRH does usually charge for parking at $6.00 per day for self park and $12.00 for valet, although I have not been charged on the last two stays.

You can apply for a Loews card at www.loewshotels.com

The HRH has a fitness center and an excellent jogging trail.

Paul

laf0165
11-16-2002, 04:59 PM
Here is the link to the Loews First Card Information: http://www.loewshotels.com/loewsfirst.asp

With the Loews Card you get free access to the fitness center. Otherwise, there is a small fee (Unless staying Club Level).

cinbis
11-18-2002, 01:30 PM
Thank you for the information!

reggie92762
11-22-2002, 09:19 AM
Stayed there with my family in August....loved it...would recommend it to any family!!!!!! CD at check in included Duck & Run by Three Doors Down, Crocodile Rock - Elton John, Supergirl - Krystal Harris, Shout - Tears for Fears, Driving One of Your Cars - Lisa Miskovsky, Overcome - Live, Been here once before - Eagle Eyed Cherry, Caught up in you - .38 special....The is Volume III CD. The pool is great we were there for Rock and Roll Trivia in the Pool. I was the oldest one playing with one of my neices. The other kids were mad because I got all the old people questions....Jimmy Hendrix did not become popular at Woodstock!!!ha ha it was Montery Festival...take that all you kids...lolz

Kelly Bailey
12-11-2002, 09:39 AM
What night is the rock and roll trivia on? Also are there any other neat thing beside the pool movies and fridays?

Kelly Bailey
12-11-2002, 09:46 AM
What night is the rock and roll trivia on? Also are there any other neat thing beside the pool movies and fridays?

Metallicat
12-15-2002, 11:55 AM
Hi everybody!
I'm new here so please forgive me for jumping in. Myself and DD stay at HRH several times a year. We love the hotel. its the best and would never consider staying elsewhere. (they also give great annual pass discounts too) but I had to comment on the 3AM alarm that went off. this happens all the time and I hate it! back in July it happend 2 nights in a row at 4AM and the first time I was freaking out. I was scared to death. I complained to a manager that they should have somehow let us know there was no fire and not to panic. (while this was going on) the next day they had placed a complimentary bottle of wine and fruit basket on our table with a note explaining. we were there last month and it happened again. there were people in the halls looking scared to death. I tried my best to explain this happens alot. they really do need to fix that because it is very scarey happening in the middle of the night. ALSO, check your bill before you leave. they charged me for 6 valet parkings and I never valet parked. they corrected it though. I am also bugged by the number of staff people who come into your room. after the maid there is someone who checks if the maid cleaned and then someone who checks the refreshment pantry. too many people in my room! and if you want quite so you can sleep, avoid pool room views. they play music out there until almost 2AM and you can hear the boom boom of the bass even on the 5th floor. we ended up buying ear plugs and we were fine after that. that is one cool hotel though. I love the music and atmosphere. they could use a elevator for the people who park their own cars. that climb up all those stairs is a killer on the legs! even after all this, I still say that is the nicest hotel in Orlando. the staff are so nice. alot of them recognise us every time and greet us with a big smile and hello and oh, your back! glad to see you again! I love that.

Luvdancink
01-13-2003, 08:16 PM
How early can you book a room to get the entertainment card discount? I will be gonig in 2004 and I dont want the rate to fill before I reserve my room.

~Kristy

Metallicat
01-14-2003, 06:20 PM
For people considering staying at Hard Rock Hotel if you don't have any means of discounts, check out Hotel Discounts.com. once I booked through them and got a rate that was better than the annual passholders rate (at that time.) Linda

mom23guys2
01-17-2003, 07:26 PM
It has been stated that there is a $6 per day parking fee. Is this a once a day charge? Can you go in and out of the parking lot for that one fee per day? What if you have local visitors, where do they park and is there a fee?

slc224
01-17-2003, 10:56 PM
You pay $6 per day, and can come and go as much as you want.

maur62
01-22-2003, 12:02 PM
I am staying at hrh in March and wondering about the palm restaurant. Is it a good place to go ? Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks

LISALISA36
01-27-2003, 12:39 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CAMP LITTLE ROCK?

THOUGHT ABOUT TAKING DAUGHTER THERE WHILE HUBBY & I GO TO EMERILS...
I'M NOT SURE ABOUT JUST LEAVING HER THERE....

dylansdad
01-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Lisalisa36, we checked out CLR on our Nov trip. It was very clean, plenty of room and stuff to do, staff was very nice, and 4yoDS thought he would like to stay. In april we will take him up on it.

JessicaR
01-27-2003, 07:14 PM
maur62 here is The Palm's website in case you didnt see it. We walked out of the restaurant before having a meal so I cant comment on the food. I can say the hostess needed a major attitude adjustment. I would still like to give the place a try since I love a great steak!

The Palm (http://www.thepalm.com/)

LISALISA,

My kids stayed at Camp Little Rock twice and enjoyed it very much! I remember it was a bit pricey but so worth it. The staff was terrific and the place was large with many activities to keep them busy. They ate dinner there watched movies played on PC's and made crafts. They also offer a quiet area where the kids could lay down and rest (sleep) if they wanted. The kids asked often to go back and that is one of the highlights they remember from past trips. OH! They also give you a beeper in case of emergencies. Kids had to be 3? I think and over and we got a discount for the second child.

maur62
01-29-2003, 03:00 PM
Thank you Jessica. We are going in March and I will let you know how it was.

ehbis
01-29-2003, 07:46 PM
Does a deluxe room at the HRH have a pull out in it? I think the Universal website mentions this, but I didn't see this mentioned on the Loew's site. I'm thinking of upgrading my garden view, as we're a party of 3 adults and 2 kids. Thanks!

jacee
01-30-2003, 12:33 AM
ehbis,
Our Family of 4 stayed at the HRH in a Deluxe 2 queens w/sofa sleeper, I thought the extra space was worth it for us. With your party, you might want to consider 2 rooms for the extra bathroom. who knows, with all the great rates being posted, it might be worth it to compare prices.
jodi

kathmzh
02-24-2003, 06:45 AM
Hey all! Considering a first trip to HRH...are there any pictures of the Deluxe room anywhere? What, in your educated opinion(s) is better...Fan club discount or the Ent. rate? And one last question...are there any rooms/areas at HRH to try to stay away from? thanks so much for the information, reading through these FAQs and posts has been such an education!

gschmerl
02-24-2003, 07:58 AM
Usually the entertainment rate is the lowest. Call the hotel and see what discount rates are available for your dates.

bsantis
02-26-2003, 09:06 AM
I got a great rate at the HRH/club room for July 11-17 using the Fan Club Card
230.00 night

tiggerguy2000
02-26-2003, 06:27 PM
The 2 tix price is good.The longer your stay the cheaper it gets.Example # nights 278.00 or five nights 238.00.Think about that when you make a reservation

BraveMom3
02-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Tiggerguy,
Where do you get the 2Tix rate? Did it include anything other than the room? Seems like this was the code I used last year, and got room plus 2 adult passes, but don't remember where I accessed it!
Thanks.

sheltie4
03-07-2003, 04:03 PM
I got a rate of $125 a nite for garden view room. I have never stayed at Hard rock before. I hope that I like it.

tiggerguy2000
03-07-2003, 07:17 PM
Brave mom, You can get the 2tix deal on the loews website.You can join for free and you can get upgrades with the card.

tiggerguy2000
03-07-2003, 07:22 PM
The $125.00 rate is great for a july date.I have never seen them give that kind of rate . I called a few weeks back and all i could get was a break on a deluxe room. I am a member of everything except being a florida resident so tell me how you got that rate.

I have stayed at the hard rock a few times and love the place but it's not for everyone.

sheltie4
03-08-2003, 10:38 AM
i called the end of Feb. for July 5th,6th and 7th. I told her that we were going to universal first before going over to WDW. She asked me if i ever stayed at one of there hotels before and I told her no that I have not. In which I have not stayed at any loews hotels or I have never stayed on property of Universal. The first nite is already on my credit card and the date for that is the 28th of Feb. so it was around there or proberly that date.

Dancind
03-10-2003, 11:55 AM
Woo Hoo! Just got the Entertainment rate at HRH! Could not get it for the weekend of Aug. 1, so tried Aug. 9 for three nights. Had a choice of $125 Garden view or $135 pool view, so took the pool view. Diana

nan60
03-12-2003, 03:03 PM
We are going to HRH in a few weeks does anyone know if you can request rooms? If so which rooms should I ask for, I have pool view reservations. Thanks

tiggerguy2000
03-12-2003, 08:22 PM
NAN60, They never take requests on rooms.You could when checking in ask for something close to elevator.If your room is at the end of one of the branch offs it will be a longer walk .When you first walk down to the rooms hallway it's shaped like a (y).
tiggerguy2000

Nursetogo
04-04-2003, 03:39 PM
Can anyone help me? This will be our first trip to US/HRH. We have ressies for HRH ENT Rate 125/nt garden view 8/11/03-8/17/03. Can anyone recommend a certain room that they really like or one that is close to elevators? Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :D

jsmla
04-14-2003, 07:19 PM
Is late check out available at the HRH. We will be moving to our Disney resort 06/21/03 but would like to use the pool at the HRH that afternoon.

Gail T AGAIN
05-11-2003, 09:49 PM
OK, is it noisey when staying in a pool view room? :D

LISALISA36
05-11-2003, 10:17 PM
It wasnt bad enought to keep us awake , you can just barely here the music......and the pool closes at 11. I loved the pool view....great room 6084 !
yes, they do have a late check-out,,,I dont know the time though.

gschmerl
05-12-2003, 07:24 AM
WE could hear the bass from the music in our pool view room. The pool does not stay open too late though. IF you want to nap during the day or go to sleep early it may be a problem.

dzneprincess
05-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Any rooms that will sleep 6? If so, any discounts on them?

CarolynNC
05-25-2003, 11:30 AM
I'd like to see a resort map for the Hard Rock. I'm wondering how everything is laid out. Anyone have one or know where one is posted?

Thanks,
Carolyn

tiggerguy2000
05-26-2003, 03:31 PM
You could get 6 in a delux room but some one will be on the floor.The room has 2 double and a pullout love seat.As discounts go you have to call and ask.

tiggerguy2000
05-26-2003, 03:38 PM
Carolyn, All rooms are to the right of the front desk. When you get off the elevator the roomare left,center,right.The rooms to the right branch off again down the hall.Dont worry about the locations.The only long walk to elevators is when you are to the right down the hall and right again.Thats the rooms further away(garden rooms).

JessicaR
05-26-2003, 10:02 PM
Carolyn you can see a resort map here (http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/hrockmap.html)

ellie&mattys mom
05-27-2003, 05:48 PM
How about the restaurants...where to go for a snack or something fast??

thanks!!

prncess674
05-28-2003, 11:43 AM
i was in standard room 4092 this weekend. I booked a garden view but was upgraded to a pool view. The view was somewhat obstructed but it was pretty close to the elevators and the laundry room was just a few doors down. I thought the location was fine.

prncess674
05-28-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by ellie&mattys mom
How about the restaurants...where to go for a snack or something fast??

thanks!!

you can order food out by the pool. They had chicken tenders, nachos, hamburgers, etc. There are tables and waitresses so you won't be eating in a lounge chair if you don't want to.

There is also the sunset grill which has a larger selection of options.

Inside the Sunset Grill is a counter service ice cream stand and a Starbucks coffee. The ice cream was tasty I thought.

The Palm Restaurant is also in the HRH. This is a nice restaurant that is very spendy and not well suited for a quick bite.

CarolynNC
05-28-2003, 11:37 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the responses to my inquiry. The description and map fit the bill. I now know the lay of the land. :D

Thanks again,
Carolyn

ellie&mattys mom
06-02-2003, 03:38 PM
Do they have an arcade?

thanks!!!

Hckynut56
06-04-2003, 02:35 PM
We are due to stay at the HRH mid-June. We hear pets are permitted in some rooms. One of our traveling party has allergies to pets (cats).

Are the pets confined to certain rooms, or floors? If you have stayed at the HRH with your pet tell us what floor(s) you stayed on.

Or...if you stayed and have the same trouble with allergies did the hotel work with you??

Thanks !

JessicaR
06-04-2003, 02:52 PM
Usually yes they are confined to a certain floor but I have read and seen otherwise. When we stay at a Loews hotel I have them put that we have a child with severe asthma and allergies to cats.
We have over 6 stays and have never had a problem. Just make sure when you check in you state it again.

The Kagers
06-08-2003, 04:32 PM
What activities do they have in the Kids Club at HRH? Is it worthwile? Thanks.

The Kagers
06-08-2003, 04:36 PM
I called Emerils and they had almost nothing left for next week. I am staying at HRH. Can they do better for a PS with Emeril's? Thanks

luvdisney14
06-20-2003, 05:47 AM
Does anyone know of where I can find a map of all the rooms and room number on it?

Mike J
06-26-2003, 01:00 PM
They do have an arcade. I remember 12-20 machines maybe, some new titles, some old.

Mike

CarolynNC
06-28-2003, 01:22 PM
I'll be at HRH beginning July 19th and I have another question for all you experts. I know I read a post somewhere about shops within walking distance but I can't find it now. I'm not sure I'll need one but I'd like to know where they are just in case I run out of anything. I'll get a stop on my ride from the airport but you just never know. Anybody know what's nearby (shops & restaurants)? I also need 'directions for dummies' so I can find the place. :p

I also am interested in knowing what kind of charging is available on the room key. Will we be able to charge food & such in the parks and City Walk? I want my son and his friend to be able to frequently tour alone so I can have a great vacation too!.

Thanks,
Carolyn

gschmerl
06-28-2003, 03:40 PM
There is a shop in the HRH lobby that sells things you might have forgotten to bring, ie:toothbrush, band aids, etc.
There are shops all along CityWalk, but no super markets.

Mike J
06-28-2003, 04:00 PM
There is a Walgreens in the shopping center across the street from the main entrance of Universal. It's a short drive and it might even be in walking distance.

Mike

connab
06-28-2003, 10:58 PM
I think i already asked this but I dont remember what was said. Is there a coin operated washer & dryer in the hotel? Thanks

JessicaR
06-28-2003, 11:06 PM
On the 4th floor there are 2? washers and dryers. They may have more on another floor.

margiemc
06-30-2003, 10:54 AM
We are planning a trip to include a couple of days at Universal. I want to take advantage of the perks by staying at a Universal Hotel. My DD6 is very sensitive to loud noises. Exactly how loud is it there? Is it just at the pool that it's noisy, or is it the lobby, or the whole hotel in general? (I'm starting to research all of this. I just love the planning!!:D ) Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

prncess674
06-30-2003, 02:01 PM
I find the music to be a bit loud in the lobby but not overbearing at HRH. The music by the pool was fairly low I thought. The speakers are hidden in the bushes so you can strategically decide where to sit. It is quieter in some places more than others.

If you want to stay away from the music you may want to check out the Royal Pacific. I didn't stay there but did walk through the lobby and pool areas and it is a beautiful hotel. It also seemed a bit more kid friendly with the water play area.

IMGONNABE40!
07-01-2003, 01:41 PM
I'll be celebrating my upcoming birthday with a return trip to HRH (8/13/03-8/18/03) and all that entails. I was there with my husband and son (now age 10) Dec 2001 and had a great time. I booked the upcoming trip through Universalstudios.com before I found disboards and all the great info here. :( Now, I'd like to get the inside scoop.

We have a standard pool view room and I would like to try to upgrade to Club Level (I joined Loewsfirst). What, if anything should I be prepared to pay for that? And just what perks are included in Club Level to make it worthwhile?

What is the Grade A program and does anyone know if it will be in effect in August?

We have reservations for Tchoup Chop, what would be the best seats in the house (party of 8-10)?

I have reserved Cabana 10 (I like the shade) any comments? Can I see the movie from there?

Does anyone know if HRH has a private car service? My mother will be staying one night at HRH and joining us for dinner at Tchoup Chop. Unfortunately, she is in the process of chemo/radiation and does not have much energy/strength. I don't think I'll be able to convince her to use a wheel chair but I don't think she'll be able to get herself to the boat launch either.

Thanks in advance for assist on these questions. :cool: I'm sure I'll be back with more inquiries in the near future. :bounce:

All_Ears
07-05-2003, 10:06 AM
WOW great board!

I am looking to staying at the HRH after our 10 day Disney cruise on 12/28/04 thru 01/2/05

What goes on here for New Years! I know it is a way off, but these boards help you plan so you can really enjoy yourselves!

Also club level and Loews card? What are these benefits?

Thank you Everyone!

bg4
07-07-2003, 10:46 PM
When I was at USF/HR Hotel in 2002 I remenbered a Catholic Church near the Super Wal-Mart / John Young Pkyw- believe this is it.

St Nicholas of Myra Byzantine Catholioc Church

5135 Sand Lake Road, RT 482,
Orlando, Florida 32819
Phone: (407) 351-0133

Home Page [URL=http://www.byzantines.net/StNicholas-Orlando/main.htm[/URL]

There are others - do a google search on catholic church orlando

Bob

tscurley
07-08-2003, 06:00 PM
We will be staying at the HRH Aug 25-29. I got an Entertainment Rate of $160 for a Deluxe Room. My question is what can we expect from these rooms? Are they worth the extra price over the standard rooms. We stayed at Portofino last year and loved their Deluxe Room, but we thought we would try a different hotel? Will we like the HRH? We have two boys - 6 and 7 that will love the water slide at HRH. Thanks!

tazz
07-08-2003, 06:33 PM
I'm staying the club level in October. I believe this is very similar to the concierge at WDW hotels. The 5th floor is the club level. Breakfast offerings; snacks-waters-sodas throughout the day; desserts, beers & cordials in the evenings. I can't wait. We got the fan club rate of $230 a night. With 2 teens I think it's worth the extra $$. Plus you get turndown service and robes in your room, faster checkin, help with reservations. Discounts on cabanas. For us, it's a dream vacation staying club at HRH and conceirge at YC...don't know if we'll ever be able to do it this way again.

In the other Universal forum page (attractions I think), there's a post about the fan club card. Regular club price quoted to us was $329. Only downfall is I wish there were deluxe rooms on the conceirge level.

I would also love some information on the Kids Club. I'm hoping it will appeal to our 4 yr ds so we can have a quiet nice dinner....he doesn't do restraunts too well--he has waayy too much energy to sit still for very long.

4greatboys
07-08-2003, 08:27 PM
Tazz--we are staying in a deluxe room at the HRH in Oct . I wanted club level but I need the extra bed space. Its hard for 13 yr old to sleep with hisolder brother--who is already over 6 foot. He takes up the whole bed, lol and steals the blankets.
I think they should have some deluxe rooms on the club level also. We stayed YC concierge last year and really liked it. the rooms are nice. We didnt feel cramped at all. They had plenty of good food in the lounge and we ended up only buying 1 meal a day and that was while we were in the park.

tazz
07-09-2003, 12:02 AM
4greatboys,
We really want the club level over the extra bed space--kids have no idea we're even going to HRH and this is just another part of the surprise and I'm sure they'd rather have the little extras over the food. Our girls will be 14 & 15 in October and they're only a little over 5 ft. I'm sure our son will fall asleep early from all the exertion during the day so we can just make him a bed on the floor between the 2 beds, or he may sleep the opposite way between the girls. If I can find a great deal and it's small enough, we may get a twin size air mattress. I don't want the roll out bed because I think it will take up too much space plus I don't think it's worth $25. We will not be in the room that much and will probably be fine for the 5 nights. I'm glad we're going here before the Yacht Club. It would be hard to move from more beds to less.

We're planning to do the same--eat breakfast in the lounge and then buy one good meal a day (probably late lunch or early dinner). Of course, there may be the indulgent late night snacks or pizza if we're all up and hungry--I refuse to diet while on vacation!!

Thanks for the information on the cabana. I'm going to get one for the last half of the day on the Friday we're there. Having the lounge chairs is great!

taxman
07-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Are all the deluxe rooms pool view? Any particular room or area better than others?

WDW4ME
07-13-2003, 11:15 PM
Hi All!

I've been out of the loop for awhile and I don't know where I might look for discount on a room at the Hard Rock for 2 adults. We will be arriving Oct 5 for 3 nights.

Can you use the entertainment book? AAA? Any help would be appreciated as I have to make the reservation this week.

Thanks!

luvdisney14
07-14-2003, 05:55 AM
I got the best rate using the entertainment card for August. I think is was 125.00 a night for standard room. Fan club was more money. Call quickly and book something, you could always change it if you find a better rate.

DisneyEnthusiastic
07-14-2003, 03:12 PM
Does anyone know what time the pool normally closes? I have a late arrival and was thinking about taking a dip when I get there if it's still open. Thanks.:rolleyes:

netnurse31
07-14-2003, 08:34 PM
I believe the pool is open until 11PM daily. :p

WDW4ME
07-14-2003, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the advice! I was able to get a room for $125 entertainment rate for our October trip--Appreciate it!

AlexandNessa
08-03-2003, 07:43 PM
I just changed my ressie from a garden view to a pool view. Please tell me it was worth it.

It's our first trip to the HRH (Sept 18 - 22)! :cool:

TigerLilly's Mom
08-09-2003, 09:10 AM
It is worth it. I didn't request anything for my club room and happened to get pool view. It was awesome, I didn't think I would care either way, but seeing the parks and the fireworks was really awesome. My kids loved seeing everything. Later we moved to a deluxe room, and had a courtyard view and it was pretty boring. Have fun!

luvdisney14
08-14-2003, 08:29 PM
You need to be on a higher floor to see the pool. We had trees in front of our view on 2nd floor.

polkadotminnie
08-16-2003, 12:05 PM
wdw4me- We got the ent. rate for Oct 6-9 pool view $135/night so we will be there when you are. Will anyone else be there?

3MinnieMom
08-18-2003, 10:15 AM
Our family of 5 will be at the HRH Nov 5-8th. Could someone explain the cabanas, please? What is included with them, how do you rent them, what's the cost, etc. Thanks! Also, are the Friday "Dive-In Movies" a year-round thing at the pool?
:rolleyes: :cool:

dvcmomdeh
08-21-2003, 03:02 PM
Okay all you hard rockers, how long do I have to wait to get the best rate for a 2 night stay at th Hard Rock Hotel?

We are looking at next July 9 and 10. We have never been to Universal before. Anyone have good trip reports, lots of pictures. I need convincing it is worth $1000 for 2 days.

gschmerl
08-21-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by DawnHaan
Okay all you hard rockers, how long do I have to wait to get the best rate for a 2 night stay at th Hard Rock Hotel?

We are looking at next July 9 and 10. We have never been to Universal before. Anyone have good trip reports, lots of pictures. I need convincing it is worth $1000 for 2 days.
Try to get the Entertainment Rate or the Fan Club rate. Also try for AAA discount if you are a member. If you have an annual pass they hae discounts for that and also for Florida residents.
It's probably too early for them to have the discounts for next July, but you could book now and keep calling for the discounts.

AspiringCindy
08-23-2003, 05:02 PM
What is Fan Club? and, What is the typical discount?

torismom
08-30-2003, 08:09 PM
We are booked at The HRH in Oct for 3 nights. We have 2 rooms reserved at the entertainment rate. What is the rental for a cabana? Also, what is the age limit on the kids club and do they need to be potty trained? We booked a garden view is the pool view worth 10.00 more? Can you see the parks and fireworks from all pool views?

Sorry for all the questions but I am clueless to the universal resorts.

Thanks

gschmerl
08-30-2003, 10:11 PM
I know at the Royal Pacific last summer the lower age limit for their version of the kids club was four years old. I would imiagine HRH would be the same.
No, all the pool view rooms do not afford a view of the parks and fireworks. I personally don't think the pool view is worth extra money. I've stayed in both pool and garden view and was bothered by the bass in the music from the pool when in the pool view room.

luvdisney14
08-30-2003, 10:34 PM
We were upgraded to pool view, no big deal because there were trees in our way and we couldn't even see the pool.

tazz
09-05-2003, 01:37 AM
I have a new question (I think). I'm wondering if anyone has ever complained or asked about the offerings in conceirge level (for example, oreos & such)? And, if they are planning to change this at all? We're staying concierge against my better judgement but DH wants it even with the oreos since we are staying offseason and park hours are shorter so we'll be at the resort alot since we'll be there 6 days, with 2 teens, they want drinks & such all day long, plus better prices on cabanas.

Motherfletcher
10-24-2003, 08:46 AM
Another question- What is a good room for watching the fireworks?

dtuleya
11-04-2003, 07:28 PM
We're planning a trip for late 2004 or early 2005. We passed up the concierge level upgrade at the WL on our last trip and we could have kicked ourselves for it later. I'm really interested in booking the Club level, but would like to know what types of snacks/foods are offered and if it's worth the extra charge.

tazz
11-12-2003, 12:30 PM
I'm glad we decided to keep our reservation at HRH club. It is different than the concierge at disney hotels but still worth it for us.

AT HRH Breakfast was good with fresh fruit every morning. Waters & sodas available all day long. 5-7 included crackers, cheeses, different hot items each night. Things I remember were egg rolls, chicken potstickers, quisideas & chips/salsa, assorted olive trays. My teens and ds really liked what they had, 4 yr old didn't eat much during the dinner time. They also had beers & wine every evening. Later they had cookies, brownies, rice crispy treats, always supplemented with oreos & choc chip (packaged type). I did notice if you didn't make it until the last half hour the only thing left was the oreos and choc chips so maybe that's what people are complaining about. They always had large really good cookies such as mac. nut/which choc, doulble choc. Since the parks closed early while we were there we hung out at the pool most evenings and were there during the times they had food out and stopped by to check it out even if we had other plans for dinner. The staff was friendly & helpful. Also, they have better pillows at HRH (and RPR too compared to YC).

Mad4Dizne
12-17-2003, 07:40 AM
Has the Sunset Grill been replaced by The Kitchen????? It seemed that way on the website...Does anyone know???????

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gschmerl
12-17-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Mad4Dizne
Has the Sunset Grill been replaced by The Kitchen????? It seemed that way on the website...Does anyone know???????

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES it has.

ritzbuddy
12-17-2003, 01:04 PM
I am just now figuring out the lay of the land at Universal. I take it the Hard Rock Cafe is NOT located on the HRH grounds? In Citywalk? How far from HRH?

gschmerl
12-17-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by ritzbuddy
I am just now figuring out the lay of the land at Universal. I take it the Hard Rock Cafe is NOT located on the HRH grounds? In Citywalk? How far from HRH?
The HRH is close to everything at Universal. The Hard Rock Cafe is about a five or six minute walk.

JuniperJen
01-03-2004, 03:34 PM
I have a question:
Does anyone know anything about the handicap accesible rooms at the Hard Rock? Where are they located?

Thanks!
Jennifer

music
01-07-2004, 12:18 PM
I just booked the Hard Rock for August, 04 at the Entertainment rate of $134.00. Please tell me I found a great rate??!! Does the Hard Rock have complimentary breakfast? Anything else you'd like to share about the propery would be appeciated. It's our first time and we are very excited!!! Another question for those of you who are good at this, We will be flying into Orlando, Should we just stay somewhere the first day as not to waste a half a days ticket on a travel day? Any suggestion on where?
Thanks for all the help.

Motherfletcher
01-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Thats a good rate. Standard room?
No breakfast.
I would stay off-site until you can take advantage of the first full day of FOTL.
I'm excited for you!
Now you have to figure out the countdown timer.

RyGuy
01-07-2004, 02:24 PM
That is a great for a garden view at HRH. The hotel is great and very close to the parks. You will love it!

Motherfletcher
01-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Where off site? I monitor Orlando travel on Ebay. I have stayed at the Best Western Movieland for $22/night. Crown Plaza Universal gets good reviews but will cost $60+.

music
01-07-2004, 02:54 PM
How do you do the E-bay monitoring? I just looked, put in Orlando hotels and got a 3 night stay to come up but no individual hotels. Did I not do it right?

Motherfletcher
01-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Check your pm's.

music
01-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the help. I also checked in to tickets, and 5 day pass is less than my 2 day, so we can go to the park the day we get there and check things out!

Pooh667
02-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Hi,

Can someone please tell me if the HRH has hair dryers in each room?
Thank you,
Susan :D

prncess674
02-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Pooh667
Hi,

Can someone please tell me if the HRH has hair dryers in each room?
Thank you,
Susan :D

yes they have hair dryers

IOArocks
02-11-2004, 10:00 AM
That is a great ENT rate for the Hardrock in August-$134-Wow!
I am going From August 1-12 and got the annual pass rate of $174-I just phoned for ENT rate and they said it was $182?
Are you going at the end of August?
Thanks, Lori

VMS
02-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Our Ent. rate for HRH is $134 for Aug. 25 & 26. It jumps to $176 for the 27 and 28 (Fri. and Sat.). It is for the garden standard room.

bengalfreak
02-19-2004, 05:16 PM
I just checked the entertainment.com web site for rates and the rate I was quoted for one night at the Hard Rock Hotel (June 5, 2004) was $239.00. That doesn't seem to be a deal at all.

AllieKat
02-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Hi bengalfreak,

I know this doesn't make much sense, but I believe you can only get entertainment rates by calling 1-800-BEASTAR and asking if they have rooms available for your dates at entertainment rate. For whatever reason, the rates on entertainment.com are always a lot more than when you call. When I was making my reservations for the end of April, Entertainment rate for a standard room w/pool view at HRH was $179.

BelleBeast
02-25-2004, 01:45 PM
I just reserved a kids suite at the HRH for July 30 - Aug 2nd.

Has anyone stayed in one of these??

Do they have nice views??

Any info. would be great!! This was the only room type available for a party of 5!!

Thanks!

AspiringCindy
02-25-2004, 05:42 PM
If you don't mind stating...What rate did you get? I had inquired about the kids suite for Aug. 16th and was quoted a rate in the $400s...so opted for a deluxe room instead!

No11's Mom
02-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Belle - did you have to get a roll-away bed for this suite. I was told that the suite had 1 king bed and two twins. I was hoping that there was a fold-out sofa, but was told there wasn't and I would have to get a roll-away for the 5th person. So we opted for the deluxe room. I would be interested in the kids suite also, if it didn't require paying for the roll away.

Thanks for the info.

66det
02-25-2004, 07:13 PM
new to this stuff so bear with me..just want one thing answered..what exactly do u get with club level at hard rock..breakfast? munchies? cocktails? what do you pay for and whats gratis..thanks

BelleBeast
02-26-2004, 07:10 PM
The rate I got for the Kids Suite was with the annual passholder - around 300.00 a night - They did not have any deluxe rooms left.

The reservation lady told me she stayed in one a few months ago and their is a large chair w/ ottaman that she slept in and said it was rather comfortable, so I figure a child would be nice and comfy.

If not, they sleep on floors at sleepovers, so they can have a
piece of floor. (haha)

JRLATL
02-26-2004, 10:37 PM
Belle, We stayed in a Kids Suite last year and it was great. We had 4 people, so didn't have the concern of the 5th sleeping. We would be doing the suite again this year, but none available, so we have 2 connecting rooms. The two twin beds in the suite are in a seperate room, which is nice to have the doors which can close. They also have access to the bathroom through their room. If I remember correctly, we did have a large chair and ottoman and a love seat in the room with the king bed. Our view was just greenery and that was fine. Have a great time.

Sue F UK
03-04-2004, 11:18 AM
I just got a rate of $359 + tax for HRH on 28th & 29th July this year. Does this sound like a good deal? It seems high to me. I asked about Entertainment Rate but they said this wasn't available. Also asked about AP discount and could only get a Club Suite for $384 + tax.

Can anyone offer any tips to get this quote lower - is it worth booking a standard room and then trying to upgrade later?

Any advice would be appreciated as $800 for two nights is way out of our range and DH really wants club level.

jacksmom
03-04-2004, 07:37 PM
Do any of the rooms have a balcony/patio? I would also love some info on club rooms??

Berno
03-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by prncess674
i was in standard room 4092 this weekend. I booked a garden view but was upgraded to a pool view. The view was somewhat obstructed but it was pretty close to the elevators and the laundry room was just a few doors down. I thought the location was fine.

HI! I am going to the HRH 4/3/04 for a few days. This is our 3rd trip there and we love it. My family has a garden view. How do we get upgraded? I am a Loew's Member, AAA Member and AARP Member. Thanks.

IMGONNABE40!
03-05-2004, 07:54 AM
Just ask at check in if an upgrade is available. Sometimes you can be upgraded to poolview for free, and sometimes they offer club level or a suite for a price. It depends upon availability.

twinmomto3boys
03-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Belle,
We have stayed in a kids suite room at HRH before. We had a nice view of landscape. Our room was very close to the elevators. I read on these boards that all of the kids suite rooms are close to the elevators. This was good news for us. I hope this helps a little.

TinkKel
03-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Hi, what kind of goodies do the rooms have? Do they have shampoo/hair conditioner? I'm just curious as to what to expect in the way of room amenities. Thanks!

gschmerl
03-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by TinkKel
Hi, what kind of goodies do the rooms have? Do they have shampoo/hair conditioner? I'm just curious as to what to expect in the way of room amenities. Thanks!
They have shampoo,conditioner, shower gel, body lotion, shower cap, cotton balls, and I forget what else. Also have a very good hair dryer.

TinkKel
03-07-2004, 11:37 AM
I would like to take advantage of this on our last night (which will be a Friday) Does anyone know what time it usually starts? Is it mega crowded? Sounds like fun. Do they put out a schedule as to what movies will be showing?

Thanks!

rafiki
03-16-2004, 10:19 PM
I have a reservation at HRH for 10/26-10/31 with ENT rate. I called today to 1-800-BE-A-STAR to see if I could get another room added. I was told that the HRH had NO rooms left for those dates at ANY price except Kids Suites. They did have rooms at RPR. I am amazed. I assume that this is due to blocks of rooms they are holding for agents, etc. and which will be released at a later date. I certainly intend to keep trying.

gschmerl
03-17-2004, 07:34 AM
That could be a busy time., It's during HHN.

4greatboys
03-17-2004, 08:47 AM
If your just looking for a regular room you could try Expedia or Hotelkingdom.com just to name a couple. The buy blocks of roomsand you could probably get one through them, although it wont be at the Ent rate.

SherGoof
03-17-2004, 09:33 PM
Music:

Your rate is similar to ours. We're also staying in August on the ENT rate - though we booked at $144 pool view with two breakfasts at The Kitchen each day (Sun thru Tuesday).

Pink Flamingo
03-18-2004, 04:29 PM
How far in advance should you/can you book a room?

music
03-18-2004, 04:38 PM
SherGoof,
When in August are you going? With your rate, are the two breakfasts included? They did not mention breakfast when I made our ressies. We just got our tickets for the park yesterday.
I did the Kraft order 5 days for the price of two. I think we will only be there 3, maybe four days! Still beats the one day prices.

SherGoof
03-19-2004, 08:18 AM
Music:

We'll be there 8/15 thru 8/17.

When I originally called I was quoted 219.00 garden - then I inquired about any meal packages and was given 224.00 pool view with the two breakfasts (no promotional codes used at this time). After I got my confirmation, I inquired about AAA and ENT. They came back with the same room, meal package at 144.00.

I did the 2Day-3rd Free, but now someone at this site says the promo is over. I just got our tickets (from Maple Leaf, who price matched lowest price and waived shipping) and did call US before I ordered asking how long promo would be good for and they stated just this past weekend that there was no known stop date for promo (has been running for over the past year +).

If all fails - we'll trade for three day passes when we get there.

music
03-19-2004, 01:51 PM
SherGoof,
I talkied to Universal about a meal plan. He told me that they don't have a breakfast package with a room. They do have lunch and dinner plan, both for $50.00 pp or dinner (3 course) for $35.00 PP. Both rates are for adults. Kids are less. These meals are in the full service restaurants.
Guess we are on our own for breakfast! We arrive in Ft. Lauderdale on the 15th then drive to Orlando the next day to start universal. Two night outside the park, place not yet determined, the two nights at HRH.

SherGoof
03-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Music: Strange - maybe it was timing. I have email confirmation with the breakfasts included. I'll be sure to bring them with me in August.

Elisascott
03-31-2004, 09:36 AM
We are going to the HRH for our honeymoon in early June. Does anyone know if the hotel has any special promotions or upgrades for honeymooners? Thank you

Joan S.
04-01-2004, 04:33 PM
HI Elisascott, If you go to the Universal website and check under Hotels, the HardRock has a special Honeymoon package under rates and res. Good Luck! Joan

LuvTigger
04-09-2004, 06:12 PM
I just booked a room at the Entertainment rate for 2 nights, 10/24-10/25. Pool view is $174. I was also quoted $162 for garden view.

I inquired about AAA and Hard Rock All Access. AAA was $207 for pool view, and she didn't tell me how much the All Access price was, but it was higher than ENT.

music
04-16-2004, 09:18 AM
If you book a pool view room, then get lucky enought to get an upgrade, being a Lowes member, when you check in, what type of room do you get upgraded to? I now have a gardenview booked, but the pool room is only $10.00 more. Should I change to the pool view? We probably won't be spending a lot of time in the room since it's our first time to Universal!
Thanks for the help!

prncess674
04-16-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by music
If you book a pool view room, then get lucky enought to get an upgrade, being a Lowes member, when you check in, what type of room do you get upgraded to? I now have a gardenview booked, but the pool room is only $10.00 more. Should I change to the pool view? We probably won't be spending a lot of time in the room since it's our first time to Universal!
Thanks for the help!

Unless you have elite status with Lowes then you would not get an upgrade above Pool View unless you are VERY VERY lucky. Personally I wouldn't even bother paying the extra $10 a night for the pool view, it is just not worth it.

wintergreen
06-16-2004, 01:54 PM
How does one go about getting an "Entertainment" rate? What is this?

sherries
06-16-2004, 08:52 PM
You can go to entertainment.com and purchase a book which comes with a membership card. You can purchase for your area (Virginia) and use the membership card for your hotel discount. If you buy the Florida book, it will have other discounts for Florida businesses, and depending on the length of your stay, may not be worth the purchase price. I'd buy the Virginia or Washington, D.C. area book so that you could benefit from the discounts throughout the year. Hope this helps.

wintergreen
06-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the tips, sherries!

disneyholic family
06-29-2004, 04:46 PM
does the hard rock hotel have a club level and if so, how does it compater to the portofino's club level service..

AuroraluvsPhillip
06-30-2004, 02:29 PM
Hi guys,

This is my first time posting to these boards. I am starting to plan our vacation for April 2005. Our general plan is to stay at HRH for 3 days, then switch to Disney for the rest of the week.

A few questions:
1. When should I book room? Should I book directly now? It seems like Entertainment books offer the best discount? When does that discount go into effect? I guess I'm asking when to book my room before the place is all booked up.

2. Park passes...probably do one day at each park. Dependable places to get tickets at a good rate?

3. What about PS's for dinner? My husband mentioned Mythos. Is it 90 days like WDW?

Thanks for all the info. I've never been to Universal so I appreciate any help from the experts.

Castillo Mom
07-02-2004, 09:40 PM
I would recommend that you book now and when the ENT for your dates comes out, just call and have it applied. I would also suggest that, if at all possible, go to WDW first and then visit Universal. I've read all over the place that FOTL spoils people and you may have a tougher time handling the lines at WDW if you go there last.

Regarding park passes, you can get a good deal with the Fan Club card. There's a really nice DISer that sends out Fan Club cards if you PM her. We got 3 days for the price of 2 through the Fan Club website. Just look for the appropriate thread on the Universal Parks board for more info. Hopefully this link will work.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=265772

Here's another link about other ticket discounts.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=327215

As far as PSs go, I can't remember off hand how far in advance you can book but you also get FOTL if you show your room key, so you may not need a PS. You get the next available table. For example, I've read reports of guests going the Hard Rock Cafe which sometimes has lines that wrap around the building and onsite guests walking up to the podium and getting the next available table. Reports are mixed when it comes to Margaritaville though. Sometimes there's a long wait even when showing your room key, but you'll definitely get in.

cinmell
07-07-2004, 09:09 AM
Can you walk from Hard Rock Hotel to Universal? I'm just curious how you are able to get back and forth between the resort and parks.

Thanks!

macraven
07-07-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by cinmell
Can you walk from Hard Rock Hotel to Universal? I'm just curious how you are able to get back and forth between the resort and parks.

Thanks!

yes, take the shortcut.
go outof hrh through the downstairs exit at bottom of the stairs and walk around the pool area. bear to the right and exit thru the gate. you will be in the parking lot once you take about 6 steps. go left and straight ahead is the entrance to universal studios. you know you are there as you will see the universal globe.
hth
raven::yes::

cinmell
07-07-2004, 09:42 AM
Thank you raven! :D :wave:

macraven
07-07-2004, 09:45 AM
the first time we stayed at hrh (5 nights) no one clued us on the shortcut.
we would either take the water shuttle or walk from the shuttle area all the way around to the park area. whew..........long walk when it is hot and humid.

it wasn't until our 4th stay there ( we're slow) til we figured out the shortcut.
just didn't want you to make the same mistake we did..............
::yes::

cjeong
07-16-2004, 09:55 AM
We are a family of 4 with 2 young adults 17 yrs & 19 yrs - do you think this would be a good one to stay at?

We have booked a 1 pool view room with a rollaway bed. Will it be too cramped?

What is the transport to WDW from HRH? Any maps available to show modes of transport or approx travelling times from park to park (particularly from WDW to Universal)?

luvdisney14
07-16-2004, 05:09 PM
We stayed at HRH last year with a 15 and 18 year old - they loved it and can't wait to go back. I think you will have plenty of room. They only bad thought I had about the hotel was I thought the rooms and hallways were very worn. We truly loved the pool area, we never stayed in a hotel with zero entrance to the water. Enjoy!

cjeong
07-21-2004, 08:12 AM
Is there free transport to WDW from HRH?

macraven
07-21-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by cjeong
Is there free transport to WDW from HRH?

no, nothing free. i am still trying to determine the best way for me to travel from disney to universal. i will let you know what i come up with.

mears:$14 rt from disney hotels to city walk bus area
taxi: not sure but possibly between $25-35
towncar: i was quoted $30 one way

lynx: cheapest costing about $2.xx but a long trip with the transfers of bus.

some possibilites but still checking out more.

Podie1956
07-22-2004, 09:23 PM
City Walk (five minutes away) always has a big party (for about $50) with a big band and lots of buffets. I won tickets to last year's event, the bands were Cheap Trick and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. The lead singer from AC/DC (Brian Johnson?) fot up and sang with Cheap Trick and that was lots of fun. The food buffets were quite good - full of seafood - and you had plenty of clubs to visit (liquor extra). Cha,pagne toast, of course. Outside the party, the rest of City Walk was open to everyone and there were great fireworks at midnight.

I live in Florida yet the HRH remains my favorite place to relax. I'm a Loews Platinum member but it hasn't gotten me much other than "a free upgrade if available," which never has been, a free morning newspaper, a $10 mini bar credit, and a late checkout. I'm going back tomorrow for a three day stay and they tell me they're completely booked - so much for that free upgrade!

You'll love the hotel, though! I don't know about the Club Floor, but the deluxe rooms are much larger than the standard. See if you can tour the Elvis suite - now that's a suite!

BelleBeast
08-11-2004, 03:04 PM
We just came back from Hard Rock and stayed in a Kids Suite ( 2 twin beds and a king bed)

We felt like it was big, had lots of space but was very uncomfortable. Alot of wasted floor space and no where to sit except one very stained love seat that comfortably sat one.

Which meant if you wanted to sit and chill, someone had to lay on the beds!!

sAME THING WITH KIDS SIDE - THEY COULD ONLY SEE THE TV FROM ON THE BED AND NOT THE CUTE LITTLE TABLE AND CHAIR AREA FOR THEM.

BelleBeast
We just came back from Hard Rock and stayed in a Kids Suite ( 2 twin beds and a king bed)

We felt like it was big, had lots of space but was very uncomfortable. Alot of wasted floor space and no where to sit except one very stained love seat that comfortably sat one.

sAME THING WITH KIDS SIDE - THEY COULD ONLY SEE THE TV FROM ON THE BED AND NOT THE CUTE LITTLE TABLE AND CHAIR AREA FOR THEM.

BelleBeast

cjeong
09-11-2004, 04:58 AM
Going in January and would like to request a room if possible.
Don't know my chances, but would like to try.

If you had to choose a room in HRH, which would it be? Any photos (of your rooms & view), would love to see them.

macraven
09-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by AuroraluvsPhillip
Hi guys,

This is my first time posting to these boards. I am starting to plan our vacation for April 2005. Our general plan is to stay at HRH for 3 days, then switch to Disney for the rest of the week.

A few questions:
1. When should I book room? Should I book directly now? It seems like Entertainment books offer the best discount? When does that discount go into effect? I guess I'm asking when to book my room before the place is all booked up.

2. Park passes...probably do one day at each park. Dependable places to get tickets at a good rate?

3. What about PS's for dinner? My husband mentioned Mythos. Is it 90 days like WDW?

Thanks for all the info. I've never been to Universal so I appreciate any help from the experts.

just wanted to give you and everyone else a heads up.
i received my entertainment book this past tuesday in the mail.
september 7 it arrived. the universal hotels are listed again in the half price section.

the book states, "effective now you can use the coupons and discounts.............."
all expire oct 31 05.
my present ent card has an expiration date of nov 1 04 and i can still use it until then. once that expires, i will start using the new ent card

if you don't have the new book pm or email me for any info you need in it.

Disbug
09-14-2004, 06:23 AM
I tried to book a cabana when I booked my room at HRH but they said I had to call the concierge during certain daytime hours to do this... Does that sound right? BTW, they gave me a 407 phone number, not toll free!

mwaldron
09-15-2004, 07:59 AM
That's what I had to do. You actually speak to someone in the health club. I have #10 reserved for a couple weeks from now. HTH

mwaldron
09-18-2004, 08:27 AM
Does anyone know if the Beach Club is closed? We were supposed to stay at HRH 9/13-17, but rescheduled due to Ivan. Approx. a week before 9/13 I got an email from the hotel saying that during our stay the Beach Club would be closed. Now we are staying 9/27-10/1, and hoping to spend lots of time at the pool. Anyone know?

FeeFeeWhite
09-19-2004, 10:36 AM
Yes, the Beach Club is being renovated. It does not look like it will be open for a while. A server was still serving drinks and food items very quickly from the Kitchen beside the beach club.

ellieb
09-19-2004, 02:48 PM
macraven- Can you tell me a little bit more on how the book actually works. I have been to their site and searched for HRH to no avail. Do you have to order the book and card and then call the hotel to get the rates?? This will be my first time staying on Universals Property and I really could use some help.
Thanks in advance

gschmerl
09-19-2004, 05:45 PM
You call the hotel or Loews and ask if the Entertainment Rate is available for your dates. You do NOT need the book before you reserve your room. There is a card inside that book that you need to bring with you to show them when you check in. YOu can order the book for your home town and enjoy the discounts all year long. The hotel listings are the same in all the books. The rates for your dates may not be available yet.

ellieb
09-19-2004, 08:05 PM
gschmerl- Thank you so much for the info. I will be purchasing my book as soon as I am done with this post.
I have one more question if you dont mind. Would you recommend me getting my HRH room now even without the discount and then check periodically for the rate to come out and just have them apply it? Will they let me do this?
Also I will be going in April 2005, approximately how long before do the rates typically come out?

Thank you so much for all your help:wave2:

gschmerl
09-19-2004, 08:51 PM
I personally have never been lucky enough to get the Entertanment rate at Universal. MANY people on these boards book at the regular price and keep calling for the discounts. Yes, they will re-book you at the lower rate. There are no guarantees the lower rate will come up for your dates though. It all depends on hotel occupancy. You can ask them when they think the Entertainment rates will come out when you call to book your room

FrannyK
10-26-2004, 10:08 PM
Will be 1st time visitors to HRH/US/IOA on MLK weekend. Weather should be in the low 70's (which will feel quite warm to us coming from the Northeast that time of year :)) I'm wondering if the pool at HRH is always open regardless of the temp and if so, is the pool heated and is there anything special at the pool on Saturday or other nights? We will be arriving on Saturday so will miss the Friday night movie. We will have our two teens. Is it worth renting a cabana if it isn't movie night? How much is the rental and how and when do you go about it? Thanks :)

afc104
10-27-2004, 11:17 AM
We have been there twice for President's week and I found the pool always open regardless of weather. One evening it was misty rain and temp in 50's but we went swiming and the pool felt great. There were others in with us. We are also from Northeast so 60's and 70's feel great. On one night there was an organized volley ball game out at the pool area, but don't remember if it was a weeknight or wekend. You'll have a great time.

russy
04-29-2005, 02:56 PM
:crazy: have booked 2 night stay in october 2005 just want to know as i have heard on other sites that you can use you r room key on the day you book in and the day you check out if so how can this be when you hand in your key on leaving and what time can you check in i only want the key not bothered what time you get the room :moped:

virginflyer
04-29-2005, 03:28 PM
:crazy: have booked 2 night stay in october 2005 just want to know as i have heard on other sites that you can use you r room key on the day you book in and the day you check out if so how can this be when you hand in your key on leaving and what time can you check in i only want the key not bothered what time you get the room :moped:

You dont need to leave your room key because its not actually a key. It a card with your name on. When you checkout you dont actually have to do anything apart from leave your mini bar key at the drop box or reception.

JessicaR
04-29-2005, 05:59 PM

Yes, you can use your room key from check in till midnight the day you check out. You can check in early in the AM, they will give you "a" key to use at the parks till your room is ready. Check in is 4P.

virginflyer, told you that there is no need to return the key.

mousemaniac
07-05-2005, 09:03 AM
Does anyone know the July movie schedule for the Dive In Movies at HRH?

macraven
07-05-2005, 11:23 AM
i called for info on my room for my trip in october and was just informed even though there are black out dates on the loews card the first two nights i am there, i get the upgrade to a deluxe on my third night.

woo hoo...............

when i originally booked i was told it was black out nights for loew members for the extras. so glad i called back and found one of the dates lifted.

get the free welcome gift and free upgrade.
life can't get any sweeter....... :bounce:

Lizal
07-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Trying to make a last minute reservation at HRH, but of course I'm looking for a discount! The only thing available is a garden room for $264.00. I am a loews member but there are no upgrades or discounted rooms available at any of the universal hotels for arrival in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Tried online travel sites and they are showing no availability either. Am I just out of luck?

macraven
07-07-2005, 01:53 PM
have you tried orangevacations. com and hotelkingdom.com?

these two places book in large amounts then sell to the public.

last summer, one of them undercut the price i could have received at hrh.

AAA gives you a discount, fan club card holders and annual pass holders also.

do you own any of them?

dennisnlisab96
07-12-2005, 09:49 AM
We are planning a Universal/WDW vacation next summer and I have some question. Would you go WDW first? How are the crowds mid August ( 23-27 I think)? How are the room rates? Are there discounts? Any thing you think might be heklpful would be great....The trip wiill be my husband, myself & kids 14,12,9,7,4,3!!! :crazy:

Motherfletcher
07-12-2005, 10:06 AM
I would go to WDW first because once the family experiences hotel express they may never want to stand in line again.

macraven
07-12-2005, 10:20 AM
We are planning a Universal/WDW vacation next summer and I have some question. Would you go WDW first? How are the crowds mid August ( 23-27 I think)? How are the room rates? Are there discounts? Any thing you think might be heklpful would be great....The trip wiill be my husband, myself & kids 14,12,9,7,4,3!!! :crazy:

for discounts, loews hotel accept the fan club card, annual pass, AAA, they no longer accept the entertainment card.

i believe rates are lower in august when you plan to go. check the thread on the rates people are booking at this year.

i did not find august time period you mentioned to be unbearable. like the other poster stated, the front of the line (fotl) pass is a blessing. no standing in long lines. yes, do disney first then universal. it is a unique experience that can not be compared to disney. you will be spoiled by the fotl for sure.
for my last 7 trips, i did disney first then moved over to universal.

get the loew card for discounts on hotels.
get the orlandomagic card also for discounts on merch and food.
both cards are free. go to their websites to obtain them.

the universal fan club card can be obtained through employment and organizations. discounts for merch, food and hotels and city walk with it.
but not all people qualify for the card.

if you have AAA, you get discounts on tickets, food, merch and hotels
same with the annual pass.
with the entertainment book, you can still get discounts on the tickets and universal money to spend in the park.
city walk honors AAA, fan club card, ap, orlandomagic card for discounts.

if you do not stay on site, use the express pass. it is free.
the express pass plus costs about $15 at the time of year you mentioned.

any more questions??
raven

dennisnlisab96
07-12-2005, 10:31 AM
thanks..that helps!!

macraven
07-12-2005, 10:37 AM
hard rock hotel is my favorite at universal.

i have stayed there 6 times and going back again in october.
i can't bear to try the other two places (unless free like last year) as i feel so much at home at hrh.

the shortcut to the park from by the pool /bar area really cuts back on time if you are in a rush. it was closed last year due to hurricane repairs and hoping it has reopened now.
does anyone know if guests can use that shortcut now?

macraven
07-12-2005, 11:35 AM
woops......yikes.............forgot to list one more way to get discounts.....

universal master card................how could i have forgotten to list that one.
i got mine two years ago and use it everywhere. i had it before i received the AAA membership.

use the mc anywhere in the park, hotel, city walk and get discounts off of purchases. also receive points for each dollar spent. with my points, i am going for the vacation package.......only 45,000 more points to go......

specials are often frequently on the website if you use the universal mc.

Liv2CdWorld
07-17-2005, 09:47 PM
We're thinking of going to HR the Wed before Thanksgiving and staying until Sunday. Can anyone direct me to where I might find pictures of the Kids Suites?

Thanks!

Firestorm
08-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Macraven,

Just returned from a week at HRH and the shortcut from the pool to US is open.Just under a ten minute walk by my watch.

macraven
08-21-2005, 04:48 PM
firestorm, thanks for the great news.

so now the exit by the bar area is open.........fantastic, only a five minute or less walk to universal

pauldents
08-21-2005, 07:13 PM
firestorm, thanks for the great news.

so now the exit by the bar area is open.........fantastic, only a five minute or less walk to universal

We used this entrance/exit a few times in June. Only once was it closed.

You could always take the short cut at the back of the water slide. It's a bit off the beaten track and you have to be careful you dont get smacked in the head by the revolving guitar, but it's only a 3 minute walk to the US entrance!

IMGONNABE40!
08-22-2005, 05:24 PM
You mean to tell me that the exit behind the slide has reopened? I walked through that area earlier this month and thought that it was closed off as a means to get to the parks. Please confirm. I ended up using the exit that was on the other side of the pool.

macraven
08-22-2005, 06:52 PM
i am getting confused on this now.

the shortcut i have always used is on the south side of hrh.
you cut thru the bar area, make a sharp right (away from the pool)
you walk about 20 feet and in front of you is the iron gate where you use your hotel key when you are reentering.

once you pass thru this gate, you enter the parking lot or can walk the half circle to the left of it on the sidewalk. it empties out to the area after the busses.
then the entrance to the studios is straight ahead. it is only a 4 minute walk tops.

the other way to walk over to the studios is around the left side of the pool and take the sidewalk stroll along the waterway.
that walk is about 10 minutes.

the exit by the bar area was closed last year due to repairs from the hurricane. i was there the first week or so in october and could not use it.

Firestorm
08-23-2005, 01:12 PM
I apologise.I was talking about the one that is left of the pool area.I didn't even know there was one by the bar! I wish I knew about that last week when it was 95 plus!

I think Pauldents said he used this one in June.Three minute walk is better than ten.

macraven
08-23-2005, 08:43 PM
thats ok firestorm, you werent aware of the shortcut.

last october it was closed due to repairs from the last hurricane. they said it should be opened about two weeks after i left. i just wanted to make sure it was now operating.

four years ago, my son and i walked all the way, the long way as we missed the boat shuttle to the park. it was hot in june and a long walk.........

for three years we did not know about the shortcut.
we found out by accident. it was late and we were so tired and followed a couple that used their hotel key to use the shortcut. thats how we found out about it.

Seahag
08-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Are there any rooms at the HR that have patios/balconies? I can't remember seeing any & I just looked thru 14 pages & didnt' see anyone mention one - Hmmmmmmmm?
Anyone ever stay in one?

macraven
08-28-2005, 07:40 PM
no, the hrh does not have balconies or patios.
when i was on the club level last year, i think it was a wrought iron on the outside of the windows.

windows do not open.

Sprunkn7
08-31-2005, 07:59 AM
Does anyone know of any other "secrets" for HRH besides the walkway? I have been there twice, and going for 5 nights in Oct. I plan on spending a little more time at the hotel this time and was wondering what else to do besides the pool. Have cabana #2 for Friday dive in movie ( 10/28 Hocus Pocus). and am staying at club level. I have plans to go to HHN on Thursday and Sunday, already got express for those nights too. I may take a day for Seaworld, but only if I get sick of the parks. I have not been to Seaworld in years and would like to return.
I mostly want to enjoy the park, the pool and the hotel. Like a resort vacation, but a little more wild!!

macraven
08-31-2005, 11:45 AM
i have stayed twice on the club level. one tip, go early for the breakfast items as some people come in and hoard them......it happened to us on one morning. i think it is 10 when they take away all the breakfast items in the club lounge. they do not leave any of it there.

also take the half soda cans to your room. last october they did not have them all during the day. they restocked at the food times. the place, hrh, was overbooked the time i was there, maybe that made a difference.

don't miss the sweet hour, it was grand for the 4 days i was there.

one thing we enjoyed was taking the elevator to each floor. we got out and looked at all the celebrity stuff in that area by the elevator. we took pics on each floor. there are 6 elevators so you really don't have to wait very long to get another one once you have looked around on that floor.

we used the work out/fitness room only twice. not as impressed with it as golds gym we go to. very limited there.

if you check out at 11 and have to wait until evening for your ride to the airport, leave your luggage in the storage area, the valet men will take care of that for you. you can go to the park or do the pool, or take the water taxi or bus to the other two hotels and look around there.

you are allowed to shower and change in the pool room area if you desire to before you leave the hotel.

the breakfast buffet at royal pacific is so much better and cheaper than the kitchen. i will be doing that again this october.

when in october will you be there?

dcookies
09-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Regarding the walkway by the Beach Club, it is closed and I doubt it will be open to the public again.

We were there this past weekend (8/27 - 8/29), and it had a big sign on the outside that said "Employees Only", and we couldn't even open it from the inside (pool area) without an employee key card. It was also closed last August when we were there, although it didn't have the Employees Only sign. I think there was too much traffic walking through the Beach Club. It's too bad, since it cut a lot of time off the walk to the parks.

macraven
09-01-2005, 12:34 PM
that bums me out.

i always used the shortcut at hrh.

last year it had the sign up employees only but my card key worked to get in one time.

anyhoot, i will just be glad to be there in october.
thanks for the heads up.

topplebogan
09-03-2005, 06:58 AM
Hey, sorry if this has already been asked, I've tried it in it's own thread but had no reply, I was wondering if anyone knows approxiamately how far/long a walk it is from HRH to the hearest I-Ride Trolley stop? And if it is an easy walk i.e. no big roads etc... Thanks

macraven
09-03-2005, 07:43 AM
i did this one time and it was many years ago.

to me, it was not worth it since i had three kids with me.

if i remember correctly, we walked universal blvd to hrh.
guessing it was about a 15 minute walk but we had suitcases to lug with us.

we did the lynx bus from downtown disney, transferred by sea world to go to universal. $1.50 a ticket, cheap

i think one of the buses leaves on the hour and the other leaves on the half hour. if you time it right, it won't take forever like it did us.

go to the lynx website, you wil get detailed information on it and a phone number for help.

some people swear by the bus system from disney to universal, they really like it. for me, i just want the faster way from one hotel to another. :moped:

chinapooh
09-07-2005, 08:57 PM
It's true, the short cut from the Beach Club is closed - employees only. My family and I loved the location from the HRH since we were on the first floor by the pool and in 10 minutes we were at the Studios. The room was nice but the carpets could have used a good cleaning or they need to replace them. Nice toiletries but no shower cap. I asked the housekeeping staff but she didn't speak English and she let me look around in her cart - but no shower caps. Food was great at the Beach Club - huge portions! We ate twice at The Kitchen and found that the breakfast buffet ok and pricey but the dinner was fantastic and worth it! Had the Thai chicken wraps which was a starter but I had it as an entree and still couldn't finish it! My DH had the meatloaf which he enjoyed very much and my DD had 2 starters - the shrimp cocktail and the crab cake. She didn't like the sauce with the crab cake - too much lime and would have preferred tartar sauce. Definitely would stay here again and FOTL is too good of a thing to give up! :cool1:

Liv2CdWorld
09-09-2005, 09:44 AM
OK, so now I guess I have a silly question. I've only stayed at HRH once and the only way I know to get to the Studios/IOA is through that gate by the Beach Club. How do you have to go now?

macraven
09-09-2005, 10:58 AM
walk east/ around the pool to the left.

once you hit the building where the showers are stop.
do not walk straight as that would take you to the boat area.
turn right on the sidewalk and yu can walk to the same area where you would have used the short cut way.

you can walk the other shortcut way which is about 4 minutes or so.
you can take the boat which is on the east side of hrh. follow the sidewalk to it, can't be missed.

or take the long walk on the sidewalk that follows the path of the boat.
if you take the long walk, 10 minutes, you empty out in the same area as the other walk would take you.

you can take the bus to the other hotels if you wish.

Disney Bint
09-09-2005, 04:18 PM
we are staying 1 night as a surprise for our kids for doing so well in school. do you think if i tell them at HRH about this they might do a little something for them?(they are 13 and 11, the 11yr old just passed grade 2 trumpet with honours).

we are also leows members.

many thanks

Disney Bint :cheer2:

macraven
09-09-2005, 07:38 PM
quite a few years ago at hrh if you showed the report card and it was predominately A's, the kid received something. they had the promo for the summer time after school got out.

they didn't do it three years ago when i took one of my sons there.

you could email hrh and ask if they still do the promo.
it wasn't done in the fall but in may/june time at one point.

Liv2CdWorld
10-19-2005, 09:54 AM
Sorry if this has already been asked.

I've only stayed at HRH once. To get to the parks, we used the shortcut that I believe is now closed. That is the only way I've gone so I'm not familier with any other way.

So, what's the quickest way to get to the parks? Also, is there a resort map anywhere?

Thanks!

macraven
10-19-2005, 10:08 AM
the shortcut that is to the right of the bar was closed down last sept due to the hurricane. it was so good and quick to get to the parks from there. this is where you exit through the gate and enter into the employee parking lot.
walk around on the side walk and at the studios within 2 minutes.

it was closed the second weekend of oct this year still.
i asked a supervisor and was told hrh does not want the guests to have to view the employee parking lot as it takes away from the ambience of their theme. they are in the process now, he told me, to possibly put up some type of barrier so the lot is not viewed. if that is done, then the shortcut way could be reopened. right now, only employees can use it.

what i did since the shortcut was off limits was to take the walk around the lake by exiting to the left side of the pool. take the shorter walkway and it would be maybe a five minute stroll. this empties out right before the employee parking lot.

other choice which i took at night was the water taxis.
exit to the left of the pool and follow the signs that say water taxi.
turn right when you see the sidewalk and sign for universal or turn left towards the water taxis.
the water taxis ran every 15 minutes when i was there.
it is well marked so you can find it easily.
hth

Liv2CdWorld
10-19-2005, 11:18 AM
Thank you! My kids would love the water taxi - atleast DS3.

macraven
10-19-2005, 11:22 AM
pm me or post here if there are questions about hrh.
i am not an expert but have stayed there 8 times and have been going to universal since 1993.

pathubia
10-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Hi Macraven,

Bummer that they havent opened the gate next to the beach club!!! How does the beach club look, they were renovating it last year. We missed HHN this year. It was nice meeting you last year!! We are heading back down to the HRH in Jan and counting down the days!!

Is Lou Carrier still the GM, he usually answers my emails right a way and I havent had any response from him.

Patty

pauldents
10-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked.

I've only stayed at HRH once. To get to the parks, we used the shortcut that I believe is now closed. That is the only way I've gone so I'm not familier with any other way.

So, what's the quickest way to get to the parks? Also, is there a resort map anywhere?

Thanks!

The quickest way now is to exit out of the hotel by the Palm restaurant, turn left, go down the steps, walk through the parking lot and you're at the entrance to USF in under 5 mins.

We found this much quicker than the pool way.

macraven
10-20-2005, 09:33 PM
Hi Macraven,

Bummer that they havent opened the gate next to the beach club!!! How does the beach club look, they were renovating it last year. We missed HHN this year. It was nice meeting you last year!! We are heading back down to the HRH in Jan and counting down the days!!

Is Lou Carrier still the GM, he usually answers my emails right a way and I havent had any response from him.

Patty

so good to hear from a friend !!

lou moved to california back early this year.
he was replaced by carlton hudson at the hrh.
carlton is laid back and a nice guy.

the beach club is so nice,better than before.
the shortcut area is still closed but like the poster above mentioned, to take the shortcut walk down the stairs.......ya there is a lot of them and cut through the employee parking lot to do the shortcut now.

i did 4 days at hrh club king suite and loved it. hhn was a blast as always.
i totally and completely love hhn.

think you might hit it next year in october besides january?

pathubia
10-25-2005, 05:26 PM
We are definately going to try for HHN next October.

No wonder Lou hasnt answered any of my e-mails, LOL. I thought I may have upset him or something. He had lots of goodies delivered to our room last year....I was hoping I hadnt angered him, LOL!!! I'll have to meet the new guy in January!!

Lou is originally from the Boston area, and we had such a great Boston sports year last year, we would e-mail back and forth. He's a great guy. I was surprised he was from Mass. he looks like a Beach Boy!!

Glad you enjoyed HHN this year, my sister lives in the Orlando area and went last weekend and had a great time. I cant believe we didnt make it this year!!

I will check out the Palm way to get to the park in Jan.

Patty

macraven
10-25-2005, 05:30 PM
carlton is a chicagoan i was told. i did not meet him on this past trip.

don't know if he is here originally or just there for work.

the check in clerk told me chicago as that is my neck of the woods.

(think it was february when lou left.)

the staff at hrh seem to appreciate the new boss a lot.
i heard so many great things about hudson on this trip.
quite a few told me lou was more of pleasing his guests at the hotel rather than the staff.

rob left this year for new york. he was one of the main guys at the front desk, thin guy, long beard tied half way down.......remember him?

i can see where you would freak out not getting any replies from lou when you emailed him.

he was very good to me. last year he sent up 7 different gifts to us. front desk person asked me how did i know lou to get those goodies.....she said she has not known anyone getting the gifts like that before.

i left her wondering...................he did it to thank us for the mix up and issues we had on a previous trip there, but i didn't tell the clerk that.

pathubia
10-26-2005, 10:41 AM
The room service guy was wondering the same thing as her brought in our cart of goodies, LOL!!

Thanks for the info. I do wish they would reopen the gate next to the beach club!!

Patty

lindalinda
11-16-2005, 12:38 PM
Can anyone tell me if you get 2 nites free using loews if you are staying 8 nites? I am looking for a good price for club room june 9-17 06. When i use loews it just gives me the regular price of 359.oo and AAA lists it as 323.00. I also have entertainment but that shows no discount whatsoever, which is upsetting because I have always used that before. :confused3

macraven
11-16-2005, 04:02 PM
once the 3 hotels became popular, the entertainment discount was a thing in the past.
it was not offered last year nor this year.

for current 411, go to the universalorlando.com site and click on site hotels.
you wil get up to date/current info.

i plugged in dates for october 06 and the 4th night is no longer available for my dates. instead, an alternative program was listed.

when a promo has been pulled, another or maybe something similar will be listed in its place.

try the site and/or the loews site again.
if it doesn't show the 4th night free, then it is not available for the dates you requested.

and yes, if that promo is good for your travel time, you would get 2 nights free with the 8 booked

essmom
12-04-2005, 09:13 AM
Do they have suites here or do you have to book 2 rooms? How many are allowed in one room- My friends want to go and have 4 kids ages 12-7-all boys. Thanks

macraven
12-04-2005, 10:19 AM
don't know if you can have 6 in the room.

i had a suite in october on the club level.

it had a king bed and a pull out double sofa in the living room.

if you had queens you could put 5 in the room and plenty of space for a roll away.

the suite i had - had two connecting doors. it was set up for larger groups that wanted to stay together.

can't answer your question for sure. but i was under the impression that 5 was the limit for the rooms. i could be wrong

4greatboys
12-04-2005, 10:30 AM
We had a deluxe room in 2003 and they said max of 5 in the room. Even though it does sleep 6 (and they count kids under 3 as well, unlike Disney who does not).

Laurabearz
12-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Just posted a bunch of photos of a Kids Suite at the HRH here... HRH Kids Suite photos (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=988653)

joalexajeff
02-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Our family is coming to HRH June 26 - July 1, we want to book the club level because of the kids (age 13 and 9), visit the parks and also spend a day at Seaworld. We'd appreciate any tips or suggestions. We are Loew's First members and plan to book under the 2FFFA promotion. We also belong to AAA. We plan on asking for a club room, pool view, near the elevators. We are looking for value priced meals, as well. Thank you!

coastermom
02-20-2006, 08:09 AM
First trip to HRH while not our first trip to USF/IOA this is our first trip to stay on-site. We are a family of 5 comming the 23rd of july till the 28th . We already booked and I have a quick question . We gota lowes card after the reservation was made does anyone think i could call and have that added to our reservation? Can't wait to visit on-site i hear it makes a world of differance is ti true? We have 3 kids 4,11 and 14 will they enjoy it here? I know we did a few years back but never on-site so we will see. :wave:

macraven
02-20-2006, 08:26 AM
to get the upgrades, it has to be requested when you make the ressie.

you can always call loews back to let them know you did not have your card and did not mention being a loews member when you made your ressie.

loews can add info to your ressie.
did you feel out your profile on line for loews membership card? this is where you indicate your preferences on paper/food/etc.
it can be changed when you check into the hrh. i usually do my changing then

you should ask about getting your wecome gift when you check in to hrh.

coastermom
02-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Thanks i am going to call in the morning :thumbsup2 . i will let you know what they say.

macraven
02-21-2006, 07:30 AM
Thanks i am going to call in the morning :thumbsup2 . i will let you know what they say.

ok, i am waiting, what did they say.........

coastermom
02-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Gonna call in a few I have 3 kids that needed breakfast and dressing instructions . they are off this week and making me :crazy2: Crazy !!! I am getting around to it soon . Be back later

coastermom
02-21-2006, 11:18 AM
:cool1: Very happy to say that there was a very nice conversation with the HRH and NO there is no charge for the roll-away and I told them it wasn't needed. No problem there also they added my Lowes First number to the ressie and there was no problem with that either . Really nice woman helped me and we are all ready to go just looking forward to the trip. :hyper:

macraven
02-21-2006, 03:16 PM
great news coastermom.

have a fantastic vacation

coastermom
02-21-2006, 09:14 PM
macraven

Just a quick thanks for the heads up BTW . Really excited about staying on Prop. Just hope the HRH is good for us . I think it will be my 14 and 11 year olds are so ready to go it isn't even funny . :banana:

macraven
02-22-2006, 08:03 AM
:thumbsup2

ask all the questions you want. people on the universal threads love to help

MDMOM
02-22-2006, 07:32 PM
I just applied for a lowes card online. Can I call in my reservation with that number. Did you say you can get a free upgrade? :confused3

macraven
02-22-2006, 10:53 PM
yes, you can use that number. you start out with loews blue.
check the websit for the # of nights stay you need to move up to the next level of gold. you are credited the # after each stay is over.

depending on the hotel will determine how lucky you can get on the free upgrade.

i booked at rph and was upgraded when i booked.
at hrh, it depends if they have any availabilites when you are at the blue level.

read the loewsfirst.com site for what you are entitled to for each level.
blue/gold/platinum

Laurabearz
02-22-2006, 11:14 PM
macraven

Just a quick thanks for the heads up BTW . Really excited about staying on Prop. Just hope the HRH is good for us . I think it will be my 14 and 11 year olds are so ready to go it isn't even funny . :banana:
Our family LOVED the HRH. In fact my favorite part of the day is the lovely walk from the resort to US/IOA. It is such a nice walk. The whole family enjoyed it.

We all can not wait until October to go back.

Just a quick story... I was preparing the kids for the kind of hotel it was. I said Rock Stars sometimes stay there, and my 6 yo DD perked up and said "Like Jesse Stephenoplis???" "Yes dear, just like Uncle Jessie" "Cool mom"

Oh yeah... it is a full house world here. :rotfl2:

macraven
02-23-2006, 07:42 AM
don't forget me laurabearz.........will be seeing you there

Laurabearz
02-23-2006, 10:56 AM
I AM excited about that too! In fact I asked my DH if I could hang out with you for HHN and he said no problem! Very very excited!!!

macraven
02-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Yoo Woo

coastermom
02-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Since you guys have all stayed at the HRH before I was wondering . i read a few pretty bad reviews of the HRH on Tripadviser .com and was wondering if the rooms are really that dirty? I am not concerned with the price of the food but am concerned with the cleaniness of the room and the fact that the pool be open to us in JULY !!! I guess you can say what I read was a 50/50 craps shot in that some people loved it and others said it was dirty and the employees were rude and nasty. I don't care about that I live in NYC the center of the world for rude and nasty. I just really want a clean room.

I am still really looking forward to the trip though.
:)

Disbug
02-25-2006, 09:00 AM
coastermom! I was there in December and loved our room. It was just a Std room, but very elegant. I had absolutely NO issues with cleanliness of room, bathroom, or hallway. In fact, the only problem we had was NO HOT WATER! Yikes! By the 3rd day, I had learned to start the faucet for a good long while before showering.

I loved it so much... we are coming back in JUNE! :thumbsup2 This time we have booked a DELUXE room, in order to have the pull out couch for our 5 year old! The pool is awesome, the location can't be beat! Now that I have stayed at all 3 Onsite hotels, I love them each for their own charm... but we are staying at HRH this summer!

lindalinda
02-25-2006, 09:50 AM
I think the trouble with those survey type reviews is that if you have a bad experience you are way more likely to post than if you have a good one. I have never posted, I have always had good experiences there. I think that skews the outcome, statisicly

macraven
02-25-2006, 12:24 PM
linda linda said it quite well.

many are quick to post negative reviews for some reason.

i think if everyone that has stayed on site would post, you would see how much more the postive statements about the hotel really are.

we all can have an isolated incident that displeases us when we stay at the hrh or other 2 hotels. almost all of the time if you bring it to the attention of the front desk/staff, it will be corrected to your satisfaction.

if i have an issue, i take care of it while i am at the hotel. i don't wait until i get home to discuss it.

i have always been satisfied with the staff and management in correcting a situation i have brought to their attention.

Laurabearz
02-25-2006, 12:28 PM
We have stayed at the HRH twice and RPR once... when we were at RPR we had some housekeeping issues, and called... they were there within minutes and took care of the problem (the bed sheets had not been changed in between guests)

Both stays at HRH went above and beyond our expectations and think it is one of the finest hotels we have stayed in (and I have stayed in a lot of nice hotels in my day)

Like Linda said, more people are willing to post the bad than the good.

coastermom
02-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks good to hear that if there were issues they were taken care of . Can't wait to go july is so far away though but still looking forward to it more and more every day :cool1: