PDA

View Full Version : HARD ROCK HOTEL information

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Catrinabeach
11-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Is that 7041? Look at my trip report - we stayed there in June :thumbsup2

I don't think it was. It was down the right hall way when you come off the elevator and then when you go down that corridor and come to that open area that leads off 2 more hallways it was the first room in the left hallway.
I'm thinking 7014

They classify it as a double queen club level room. They don't classify any of the club rooms as deluxe rooms.

d4est
11-30-2008, 04:21 PM
I don't think it was. It was down the right hall way when you come off the elevator and then when you go down that corridor and come to that open area that leads off 2 more hallways it was the first room in the left hallway.
I'm thinking 7014

They classify it as a double queen club level room. They don't classify any of the club rooms as deluxe rooms.

They do have deluxe rooms on the club level. There are only a few and they are not guaranteed.

macraven
11-30-2008, 06:17 PM
dup

macraven
11-30-2008, 06:18 PM
there are definitely 2/4 queen deluxe rooms per floor.

not many of them at that hotel.

i used the seating area (where you put your luggage) to get dressed.
made getting the shoes on very easy for me.

i enjoyed the desk that was in that corner area against the wall.

Metro West
11-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Great pictures! :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing! :teeth:

Catrinabeach
12-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Yes I remember finding the room numbers on here which ones have the hide abed and it's a good thing I had those. They had no clue when I checked in what I was talking about. I had requested one of the 2 rooms I knew had one and the check in staff had no idea that those rooms had hide abeds. lol

I just asked if I got one of the rooms I requested. Then I knew we got it lol

If you tell them when you call you want a Deluxe Double Queen when you book they will deny it and say there isn't any. You have to just request a certain room that you know has it to get it.

cjaycy
01-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Can anyone tell me if we will be able to walk to say I drive from the hotel or is it to far. We won't have a car and want to see some shops etc. Whats the distance from restaurants , shops etc.
thanks cjay

rwdavis2
01-10-2009, 06:39 AM
Can anyone tell me if we will be able to walk to say I drive from the hotel or is it to far. We won't have a car and want to see some shops etc. Whats the distance from restaurants , shops etc.
thanks cjay

I believe you can walk or take a boat over to city walk. The Universal website has a map.
Bob

edit: oops, I did not see the "I drive" part of the OP.

d4est
01-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Yes, you can walk/boat to Citywalk, but that's different than I drive. I'm not sure if it's walkable, though, because we never leave property. Someone else will know for sure...

Catrinabeach
01-10-2009, 12:23 PM
We have walked to International drive. But I would recommend taking a cab to it and then walking from there. It's a very busy road to cross.

We usually take a cab to the corner of I drive and then walk to the shops and restaurants. We do our shopping first, then go for dinner before calling a cab to go back.

It's usually 5-8.00 each way.

cjaycy
01-11-2009, 06:26 AM
thanks for your answers it will be our first time there and i'm trying to gather lots of information before our holiday in June any tips for a lovely stay most wecome
Cjay

msminniemouse
01-22-2009, 10:27 PM
I had a few questions about HRH:
1)Is there an game arcade at the hotel?
2)How far of a walk is it to get to City Walk? Would it be feasible to go to Pastamore for breakfast or is it just better to eat at hotel?
3)Are there refrigerators in the room?
4)How bad is an obstructed view room? Is there a certain room number or location to request for this category of room?
5)I had heard that HRH no longer participates in Loews First Program. When I called they said since I was a blue member that I could still get room upgrade if available at checkin even though they don't participate. Does anyone know if this is still a perk?

Thanks for any help with my questions.

cjaycy
01-28-2009, 03:47 AM
can anyone tell me where is the nearest car rental office to the hotel.

CherylMomOf3
01-28-2009, 02:25 PM
I've looked everywhere for a map of cabanas. I know 7-10 are near slide but I don't want to be near the kiddie pool. Are the others far away from the slide? My kids are 14 & 11 so I know they will like the slide. Thanks for any help.

d4est
01-28-2009, 03:00 PM
A few months back, I searched and searched for a map...all to no avail. Sorry. Maybe someone else has had better luck?

bubba's mom
01-28-2009, 09:46 PM
can anyone tell me where is the nearest car rental office to the hotel.

I think the Hertz is at the PBH? :confused3 Don't use the Hertz...too expensive. Walk past/behind the PBH across the street to the DoubleTree (ad at the top of this page?) (Avis) or Holiday Inn Universal (Budget)....we always use the Budget and it's only a 5-10 minute walk back to the PBH...(maybe not even 10 min).

I've looked everywhere for a map of cabanas. I know 7-10 are near slide but I don't want to be near the kiddie pool. Are the others far away from the slide? My kids are 14 & 11 so I know they will like the slide. Thanks for any help.

Yes...the others are by the hotel...opposite side of the pool. If you go w/ a low numbered one, you'll be closer to the hotel and on the opposite side of the pool from the kiddie pool. I believe some (Yellow Submarine one) are at the end of the pool...directly opposite the slide and Beaches.

zalansky
02-05-2009, 06:10 PM
How can I get a discount on HRH rooms? Are they taking AAA?

bubba's mom
02-05-2009, 06:17 PM
How can I get a discount on HRH rooms? Are they taking AAA?

I do believe they accept AAA. If you have an AP, they take that...try the Super Saver rate (3 or 4+ nights tho)

zalansky
02-05-2009, 06:22 PM
I do believe they accept AAA. If you have an AP, they take that...try the Super Saver rate (3 or 4+ nights tho)

Thank you!

bubba's mom
02-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Thank you!

Anytime :)

slick_willy
02-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Does anyone have photos of the Club 7 Lounge?

msminniemouse
02-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Has anyone had a case of water delivered to the HRH? When I've stayed at Disney I've ordered water from Costco. I was wondering if the hotel charges you any type of fee to have a package delivered?

bas71873
02-08-2009, 06:04 AM
Does anyone have photos of the Club 7 Lounge?

subbing :)

macraven
02-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Has anyone had a case of water delivered to the HRH? When I've stayed at Disney I've ordered water from Costco. I was wondering if the hotel charges you any type of fee to have a package delivered?

I think they do now but don't remember the fee amount.

Disney also started to charge this year for deliveries to the resort. Their charge is $5.

Lilo&Stitch
02-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi everyone!

Can anyone tell me what kind of an upgrade I could expect (if available of course!) if I am an All Access member ? would it be like from Garden View to possibly Pool View ? has anyone been lucky enough to get upgraded to Deluxe Dbl. Queen after booking standard ?

Also, does anyone know where to find information about the dive-in movie, how do you know what day it is or what movie is playing?

Laurabearz
02-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Hi everyone!

Can anyone tell me what kind of an upgrade I could expect (if available of course!) if I am an All Access member ? would it be like from Garden View to possibly Pool View ? has anyone been lucky enough to get upgraded to Deluxe Dbl. Queen after booking standard ?

Also, does anyone know where to find information about the dive-in movie, how do you know what day it is or what movie is playing?

For the movie, check with Concierge Desk, they can tell you what's playing at all the hotels.

And as far as the upgrade, most often it's a standard view upgraded to water view. Anything else is luck of the draw.

disneyfan67
02-27-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm very excited as is my family, that we're booked in a deluxe room at the HRH for the first week in May. I got a good super saver rate and this 5 day trip will give me chance to really explore Universal. I was there in 2007 for 2 nights, stayed at the PBH and found myself wanting to stay longer. I also kept walking past the HRH on the path leading to the parks and saying to myself, I should have stayed there. I made sure I won't have that problem this time.:cool1:

UniMom
03-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Can someone tell me if there are any restaurants close by to HRH (not CityWalk or the parks) that can be reached through a 5-10 minute walk? Looking to see if we can shave some $$$ off the budget by eating some meals off-site. Also, where is the closest place to buy whole milk? I will be travelling with a 20-month old (as well as DH and 5 year old). We are so excited! We did WDW last year and DS wasn't too excited with the characters he saw. He is a Spidey and Scooby kind of guy. Hopefully we'll run into those characters in the Kitchen or in Confisco (do we need reservations?) Sorry for the rambling post, but just had to ask away!!:yay: :yay: :yay:

wicket2005
03-09-2009, 01:20 PM
You can buy milk in the little shop that also sells ice cream and coffee at the Hard Rock. Though no doubt it is a lot more expensive than in Walmart.

We have never tried walking off site as we hire a car. I would have thought the normal restaurants inside the parks are the same price as what you would pay in the restaurant chains on IDrive. I think people have walked from IDrive to Universal so that is possible.

bubba's mom
03-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Across the street from PBH (short walk from HRH), there's a TGIFridays and something else...I think....

Catrinabeach
03-09-2009, 01:36 PM
We have walked to Idrive and it's a hit with little ones. We had a 3 yr old at the time and it's on a busy street to get to. Instead we now get a cab to Idrive and walk where we want to on it.

There is a buffet place just down Idrive that is about 8 or 9.00 a person that our kids (teens)loved. Has alot of variety and it's good.

Cici's pizza is on Idrive for only 5.50 or so per adults less for kids, all you can eat pizza with some salads too. That one you would want a cab to it's a walk. I think we paid 7.00 for the cab from there to the Royal Pacific.

There are other places on that road too that are cheap. Just watch the signs out front. Alot have their price for buffets out front and are under 10.00 for an adult.

And we picked up Milk and Bread in the little shop next to Cici's before taking the cab back to the hotel.

UniMom
03-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Did you happen to have a car seat when you took the cab? Not sure if we should be packing ours (we plan on using the airport shuttle) for any taxi rides.

Catrinabeach
03-11-2009, 06:35 AM
No we didn't have a car seat with us. We used the regular seat belt I believe. We used a car service that supplied one from the airport but i don't remember the taxi's having one.

UniMom
03-17-2009, 02:44 PM
I went and made character dining reservations for dinner at The Kitchen for the Saturday we will be there (less than 3 weeks :woohoo: ). The concierge told me they will be doing the dive-in movie Friday and the dive-in concert on Sunday. Plus they have live music by the pool on Saturdays from 4-7 pm. :banana: :banana:

Is there a convenience store in the hotel that sells toiletries, snacks, toys for the pool, etc?

macraven
03-17-2009, 02:57 PM
There are many pool toys available for anyone to use.

A lot of that has come from guests that did not want to take a pool toy they bought back with them.

yes, you can buy some basic toiletries and snacks at the shop at hrh.
you would be better off buying those things before you come to the hotel .

the star service program will give guests some basic needed toiletries if they have forgotten to bring theirs along.
items such as razors, toothbrush, etc can be received if you call star service.
they will bring it to your room.

mygr8kdz
03-25-2009, 11:57 AM
What kind of offerings do they have for continental breakfast for club level guests at HRH?
thanks

tlinus
03-25-2009, 12:07 PM
What kind of offerings do they have for continental breakfast for club level guests at HRH?
thanks

bagels, assorted bread (for toast), fresh fruit, donuts, pastries, cold cereal, coffe, tea, milk, I think I remember oatmeal packets too at one time. SOmetimes there are hard boiled eggs out as well.

Granola bars and individual bags of chips/pretzels in the afternoon.

Water, soda, coffe & tea all day.

The nighttime selections are enough to make a light dinner out of as well. Wine and beer during the dinnertime selections as well.

Sweet Treat vary from night to night......cookies, brownies, blondies, make your own sundae.

We have stayed HRH Club Oct 2006, April 2007 and June 2008.

Hope this helps.

mygr8kdz
03-25-2009, 01:56 PM
bagels, assorted bread (for toast), fresh fruit, donuts, pastries, cold cereal, coffe, tea, milk, I think I remember oatmeal packets too at one time. SOmetimes there are hard boiled eggs out as well.

Granola bars and individual bags of chips/pretzels in the afternoon.

Water, soda, coffe & tea all day.

The nighttime selections are enough to make a light dinner out of as well. Wine and beer during the dinnertime selections as well.

Sweet Treat vary from night to night......cookies, brownies, blondies, make your own sundae.

We have stayed HRH Club Oct 2006, April 2007 and June 2008.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! Very helpful info.

CoachBagFanatic
03-28-2009, 12:35 PM
We are looking to book a trip for next year and I am just trying to get some information. There will be me, my husband, my son (13) and his friend (13). We like the idea of the King Suite with the connect room for the boys as there will be two bathrooms. The Kids Suite looks nice but there is only one bathroom. Our son's friend takes a 5 minute shower while our son takes a 25 minute shower. Also, I have read some reviews that the walls are very thin. We just stayed at the PBH a few weeks ago and needless to say there was a couple in the room next to us having a wonderful time at 2:30 - 5:30 in the morning. Now, I do understand that there is going to be noise but that's something I truly don't want to be woken up for in the middle of the night. After walking to the HRH many times during our stay, it seems like a really cool place and I think the boys would have a great time. Any advise anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. TIA:hippie:

wicket2005
03-28-2009, 01:36 PM
We have stayed in the Hard Rock twice for a total of 35 days and only on one night did we wake through noisy neighbours.

I would be more concerned being on the reception floor and being close to the lobby as our first night was spent in one of these rooms. We heard music early in the morning and thought it was our lads' tv next door but it wasn't it was music from the lobby, we could also hear the elevator dinging and people walking to their rooms on that floor as it was right at the entrance. We complained, after being up 30 hours or so, a disturbed night like this was not ideal and were moved to a higher floor well away from the entrance to that floor. It was perfect from then onwards and the beds are so comfortable.

We were there in July and the hotel had such a party vibe it was fantastic. It was quieter in December but still felt cool to stay there.

I would definitely recommend staying there.

CoachBagFanatic
03-28-2009, 01:55 PM
We have stayed in the Hard Rock twice for a total of 35 days and only on one night did we wake through noisy neighbours.

I would be more concerned being on the reception floor and being close to the lobby as our first night was spent in one of these rooms. We heard music early in the morning and thought it was our lads' tv next door but it wasn't it was music from the lobby, we could also hear the elevator dinging and people walking to their rooms on that floor as it was right at the entrance. We complained, after being up 30 hours or so, a disturbed night like this was not ideal and were moved to a higher floor well away from the entrance to that floor. It was perfect from then onwards and the beds are so comfortable.

We were there in July and the hotel had such a party vibe it was fantastic. It was quieter in December but still felt cool to stay there.

I would definitely recommend staying there.

Thanks wicket2005. Just the info I was looking for. My son has wanted to stay there and we thought it would be nice to bring his friend with us next year as well. We ate at the Kitchen one night for dinner and took a look around and thought the vibe was really great and the people were fantastic. We would love to go during December but can't afford to take our son out of school anymore. Being in 7th grade he has a tremendous work load. Not that he wouldn't be able to play catchup but we just don't want to put him in that position. So it will be summer vacations for us from now on. Thanks again.

Jessiet
04-08-2009, 06:07 AM
Have a great trip Fanatic and share your joyful trip with us....

BLBCB
04-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Yes I remember finding the room numbers on here which ones have the hide abed and it's a good thing I had those. They had no clue when I checked in what I was talking about. I had requested one of the 2 rooms I knew had one and the check in staff had no idea that those rooms had hide abeds. lol

I just asked if I got one of the rooms I requested. Then I knew we got it lol

If you tell them when you call you want a Deluxe Double Queen when you book they will deny it and say there isn't any. You have to just request a certain room that you know has it to get it.

Where did you find the room numbers and the bed configerations? I've searched for a map of the resort or bed configs. and can't find anything.

daisymae
05-01-2009, 07:05 PM
There are two basic room configurations - regular and deluxe in both king or two queen beds (besides the suites). If you are staying on club level, most rooms are the regular size - 375 sq ft. There are four rooms that are deluxe (500 sq ft) and you need to request those if you want them - no guarantee, but I also called three days in addition to requesting when I made the res. They are rooms 7019, 7041, 7099, and 7101. 7041 and 7019 are next to each other down the hall from the club room - not a bad location. I have rooms 6090 and 6092 as good deluxe rooms not on club level. If you are looking for a pool view room, I would ask for higher level room, because trees and foliage block a lot of the lower level views. On the floors, I think the lower numbers are near the elevators and the higher numbers are further from the elevators.

kevin harrison
05-02-2009, 08:46 AM
There are two basic room configurations - regular and deluxe in both king or two queen beds (besides the suites). If you are staying on club level, most rooms are the regular size - 375 sq ft. There are four rooms that are deluxe (500 sq ft) and you need to request those if you want them - no guarantee, but I also called three days in addition to requesting when I made the res. They are rooms 7019, 7041, 7099, and 7101. 7041 and 7019 are next to each other down the hall from the club room - not a bad location. I have rooms 6090 and 6092 as good deluxe rooms not on club level. If you are looking for a pool view room, I would ask for higher level room, because trees and foliage block a lot of the lower level views. On the floors, I think the lower numbers are near the elevators and the higher numbers are further from the elevators.

There are also King suites at 750 square feet as well as kids suites.

CoachBagFanatic
05-02-2009, 08:59 AM
There are also King suites at 750 square feet as well as kids suites.

Kevin, Have you ever stayed in one of the kids suites? We are looking to book one of these for next June. We have one son(13) and we will be taking his best friend (13). Thought this would be a good room for all of us.

minimandymouse
05-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Would like to stay for 3 nights to do Universal/IOA/Seaworld
Thre will b 4 adults 3 children 16 12 10 does anyone have any ideas
Oh it will be April/May 2010
as cheap as possible

bubba's mom
05-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Would like to stay for 3 nights to do Universal/IOA/Seaworld
Thre will b 4 adults 3 children 16 12 10 does anyone have any ideas
Oh it will be April/May 2010
as cheap as possible

Uh...not to be rude, but have you read the FAQs & the stickies?

Your "does anyone have any ideas" statement is kind of vague. What exactly are you looking for?

minimandymouse
05-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Uh...not to be rude, but have you read the FAQs & the stickies?

Your "does anyone have any ideas" statement is kind of vague. What exactly are you looking for?
I would really like to stay at Hard Rock
can you stay for 3 days or is there a minimum stay of 7 nights

CoachBagFanatic
05-03-2009, 09:00 AM
I would really like to stay at Hard Rock
can you stay for 3 days or is there a minimum stay of 7 nights

You can stay there as many nights as you like. There is no set limit. The HRH has some offers going on right now but if you are looking to book for next year you would most likely have to wait. We have to wait until the new rates become available (around end of January) to book our trip for June 2010. Here's a link that may help you out. We have eaten at The Kitchen and the Palm Restaurant several times. It seems like a really nice hotel and from what I have heard they have a lot of pool activities for the kids. The FOTL (front of the line) is a definite plus as well. We just stayed at the Portofino in March so we are trying the HRH next year. It's also a short walk to Universal Studios. IOA is a bit longer of a walk but a nice walk as well. If you don't feel like walking there is a boat as well. There are a lot of restaurants to choose from. Some need reservations and some don't.

http://www.universalorlando.com/hotels.html

Disney*All-Stars*
05-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Will be at HRH 7/11-7/16/09 and am wondering what the best room request is. We have a pool view and is that an exceptional location? We would also like a quick exit to the parks and to the water taxis from a high floor. Any help would be great! Any other tips let me know.

wannabeinfl
05-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Can you log onto the Internet :surfweb: in the lobby of Hard Rock? Or will I need to pay to do it in the room. I want to be able to email my mother (who cant go with us this year :( pictures every night. HELP.. what's the best way for me to do this.

tlinus
05-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Can you log onto the Internet :surfweb: in the lobby of Hard Rock? Or will I need to pay to do it in the room. I want to be able to email my mother (who cant go with us this year :( pictures every night. HELP.. what's the best way for me to do this.

We found out the hard way that the wireless you pay for in the lobby is not the same charge as in the room.....we got hit twice for the internet. My advice is to wait until you are all settled in your room and then sign up for it. It goes 24 hours and they are already set hours.....not 24 hours from when you buy it. I cannot remember what the "cutoff" time is, so be sure to ask that as you check in!!

wannabeinfl
05-14-2009, 03:16 PM
I called today to check on the rate for getting online. In the room is 9.95 but in the lobby and near the pool it is free.. so guess I will be heading down to lobby to mail pics to Nana..

Disney*All-Stars*
05-14-2009, 06:25 PM
I had called recently too and got the same information. I didn't know about the pool, however. Good to know.

trezoc
05-29-2009, 08:01 PM
HI EVERYONE!! I've read most of this thread and have been stopping in frequently as my family has its first Universal trip coming up in June....can't wait! We would like to spend one day at Seaworld and will not have a car.Has anyone here taken a shuttle from the Hotel?Is it offered? Would a taxi cost toooo much? Thanks for all your help!!

Ross21
05-30-2009, 02:10 AM
HI EVERYONE!! I've read most of this thread and have been stopping in frequently as my family has its first Universal trip coming up in June....can't wait! We would like to spend one day at Seaworld and will not have a car.Has anyone here taken a shuttle from the Hotel?Is it offered? Would a taxi cost toooo much? Thanks for all your help!!

I know that the HRH (and the other two as well) offer a shuttle bus service to Seaworld and Wet N Wild. You have to make a reservation I think at least 24 hours in advance though. With my research, I have found that a taxi cab from the HRH to Seaworld is going to be approx: $19.25 <one way>

(www .mearstransportation.com/TaxiFareEstimator.asp)

My son and I are also going in June (9 more days! yeah!!) Staying at the HRH, going to Universal, Discovery Cove and Seaworld.

Hope this helps and hope y'all have a great time!

trezoc
05-30-2009, 07:10 AM
Thanks Ross...have an awesome trip!! :)

nighthawks
05-30-2009, 05:33 PM
How can I book one night here.

seadd67
05-31-2009, 07:20 PM
Now I do not now how much you want save but you can take a bus and the trolly to Seaworld? just a thought.Mears would be alot less headachs but they have left us staranded before:scared1: and forgot about us another time so i am not real Impressed,personaly I would just take the taxi,there always one there at the park.

cjaycy
06-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Can anyone please tell me about car park charges at the HRH. We will be staying there for 5 nights. Will I have to pay for my car even if i'm resident of the hotel. Yhanks cjay

Bluer101
06-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Can anyone please tell me about car park charges at the HRH. We will be staying there for 5 nights. Will I have to pay for my car even if i'm resident of the hotel. Yhanks cjay

Self parking is $15.95 per night and valet is $5 more per night. Yes you have to pay to park even know you are staying there. :thumbsup2

macraven
06-06-2009, 10:09 AM
day visitors that go to the hotel to visit a registered guest there, pay $20.00 + tax to park in the hotel parking lots. register hotel guest pay what bluer stated.

all 3 of the loews hotels charges for guest parking.

Akdar
06-06-2009, 01:39 PM
I think all of us on here agree that it is a bummer to have to pay to park (we, my wife and I, have to have a rental car in Orlando, as we go to places other than the parks, we love Old Town) But, cost to park is cheaper than most of the Loews Hotels in other cities (ask Mac). We are splurging on 8 nights at the HRH for HHN19, so I am going to have to pay roughly $128 (there's tax on the parking, I can't remember the %) just for parking, but I just got a new, great price on my room, which I will post over in the "Dates and Rates 2009" thread. So that offsets the parking charge a tad!

Irish Guy
06-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Whats the beding like, as im alergic to feathers and i think i seen it mentioned somwhere

macraven
06-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Whats the beding like, as im alergic to feathers and i think i seen it mentioned somwhere

on the phone in your hotel room, star service is listed.
push that button and tell them to bring you pillows without feathers.

this is the button you will push for everything you need.
housekeeping, front desk help, etc.

if they can't help you, then they will contact the section you need help from.

Irish Guy
06-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks for that, i didnt relise they where feather.

Thanks again

macraven
06-09-2009, 04:20 PM
you're very welcome. glad i could help

passporterfan13
06-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Does anyone know how much the Graceland suite goes for a night? I realise it is probably beyond the price range of any mere mortal, but I'm just curious.

macraven
06-10-2009, 06:10 PM
there is an older thread on the forums of a person that stayed at the Graceland Suite.

the poster included pics of the rooms.

absolutely stunning!!

if i have time, i can link it to you.

TerryCRZ
06-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Does anyone know if handicap parkers have to pay for parking at the Universal Hotels? Normally we don't pay anywhere else because we have the handicap sign. It's not right though. I've never seen a hotel that charges for parking other than Lowes. Not even Disney!!!

I'll do a new thread on this.

Irish Guy
06-11-2009, 04:35 AM
Sounds good, i think i read its about $2000 a night

yk2
06-11-2009, 08:56 AM
$2000! or $200?

Irish Guy
06-11-2009, 09:12 AM
2000!

TerryCRZ
06-12-2009, 02:41 AM
1. We booked an obstructed view room and was wondering how bad the obstructions were and what they refer to as obstructions. I see these rooms are also 375 sq. ft. Does anyone have any pictures they could share? Thanks.

2. I was also wondering if anyone knows the cheapest room rate for Annual Pass holders. They have a Florida resident rate on the AP's and hubby was thinking of just getting them. Can the AP room rate be combined with the blue membership? I already received a good price for the room as is but am just wondering the difference with Annual Passes.

3. I was also wondering where I could find a good eggs & bacon sit down breakfast that wont break the bank on site.

Thanks everyone!

Insomnia sucks by the way!!!!:surfweb:popcorn:::happytv: Uggh! Can't sleep!

Disbug
06-12-2009, 05:42 AM
Does anyone know if handicap parkers have to pay for parking at the Universal Hotels? Normally we don't pay anywhere else because we have the handicap sign. It's not right though. I've never seen a hotel that charges for parking other than Lowes. Not even Disney!!!

I'll do a new thread on this.

Terry, we were surprised, but yes, we had to pay for parking. This was several years back.. so policies can change. If I remember correctly, they gave us valet parking for the general parking rate.

passporterfan13
06-13-2009, 08:37 AM
there is an older thread on the forums of a person that stayed at the Graceland Suite.

the poster included pics of the rooms.

absolutely stunning!!

if i have time, i can link it to you.

Thanks, that would be great. In the mean time I'll do some hunting myself :):surfweb:

Kaler131
06-14-2009, 11:21 PM
1. We booked an obstructed view room and was wondering how bad the obstructions were and what they refer to as obstructions. I see these rooms are also 375 sq. ft. Does anyone have any pictures they could share? Thanks.

2. I was also wondering if anyone knows the cheapest room rate for Annual Pass holders. They have a Florida resident rate on the AP's and hubby was thinking of just getting them. Can the AP room rate be combined with the blue membership? I already received a good price for the room as is but am just wondering the difference with Annual Passes.

3. I was also wondering where I could find a good eggs & bacon sit down breakfast that wont break the bank on site.

Thanks everyone!

Insomnia sucks by the way!!!!:surfweb:popcorn:::happytv: Uggh! Can't sleep!

We had an "obstructed view" room and it was great! We actually had a very nice view of the landscaping and the waterway (where the water taxis travel) and just a bit of wall (a side of the exterior of the resort).

We just went last week and I got the annual pass rate of $144.00 per night for the first four nights (Sun, Mon, Tues, & Wed) and $169.00 for Thursday night and $189.00 for Friday night.

TerryCRZ
06-17-2009, 03:28 AM
We had an "obstructed view" room and it was great! We actually had a very nice view of the landscaping and the waterway (where the water taxis travel) and just a bit of wall (a side of the exterior of the resort).

We just went last week and I got the annual pass rate of $144.00 per night for the first four nights (Sun, Mon, Tues, & Wed) and $169.00 for Thursday night and $189.00 for Friday night.

Just out of curiosity, was this for the Hard Rock or another one of the hotels?

Did you have a good breakfast anywhere by the way? Everytime we go, we shkip breakfast and eat an early lunch at the parks but I'm a breakfast person and hubby promised a few good mornings so I'm wondering where we can have a good breakfast on site that wont cost too much.

Thanks.

kevin harrison
06-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Just out of curiosity, was this for the Hard Rock or another one of the hotels?

Did you have a good breakfast anywhere by the way? Everytime we go, we shkip breakfast and eat an early lunch at the parks but I'm a breakfast person and hubby promised a few good mornings so I'm wondering where we can have a good breakfast on site that wont cost too much.

Thanks.

The breakfast in the Kitchen is fantastic, well recommended, too expensive to eat there daily though. Give the Golden Coral a try out also.

seadd67
06-17-2009, 10:26 AM
I am to a Breakfast eater but when we where down In orlando In april(out side of universal and disney) we try the Breakfast Buffets that seem to be every where:scared1: and after a couple of days we where sick of the over cooked eggs and the the rest of the taste less Items. Ive herd the that the Hard rock has a great Breakfast and really I do not care how much I pay at this point Its the quality I am looking for.

wicket2005
06-17-2009, 10:52 AM
I would guess that the quality will be there, not eaten there myself but know exactly what you mean about the buffet breakfasts. For many years I thought American eggs and sausages had their own peculiar taste, then we tried breakfast in our hotel. The Rosen Centre on IDrive and I was stunned, eggs and sausage actually tasted like what we were used to. The Rosen Centre is a good quality hotel so I would say the Hard Rock would have a similar standard breakfast if not superior.

kileylovesdisney
06-17-2009, 12:01 PM
:yay: I am obviously mistaken in thinking that the shuttle from HRH/RP would be free!

Does anyone know how much it would be?!

re121258
06-17-2009, 12:28 PM
:yay: I am obviously mistaken in thinking that the shuttle from HRH/RP would be free!

Does anyone know how much it would be?!

Shuttle from/to where?

Transportation from the hotels to the parks by boat or bus is free. Additionally the parks are within walking distance to the hotels.

The shuttles to Seaworld and Wet 'n Wild are also free but need to be reserved 24 hours in advance.

kileylovesdisney
06-17-2009, 06:07 PM
I meant the shuttle to sea world and aquatica etc.
Thanks

I dont suppose anyone knows how much a taxi from the airport to HR/RP would be~?!

:banana:

TerryCRZ
06-18-2009, 01:52 AM
thank you all so much. I will try Golden Corral since weve been there b4 but I will most look forward to the Hard Rock breakfast. Just to be sure, did you mean the Hotel restaurant or the Hard Rock in city walk?

Thank you

kevin harrison
06-19-2009, 03:49 AM
thank you all so much. I will try Golden Corral since weve been there b4 but I will most look forward to the Hard Rock breakfast. Just to be sure, did you mean the Hotel restaurant or the Hard Rock in city walk?

Thank you

The kitchen is in the HRH. Like I say the breakfast is fantastic, eating outside on the patio near the pool is great first thing in the morning.

PooohBear
06-22-2009, 10:12 AM
Hey Everyone !

Does anyone know if there will be a AP rate for late September/early October ? I've never stayed on property at that time of year, I also have the All Access Membership if that will help :rotfl:

macraven
06-23-2009, 12:37 PM
there should be ap rates for september and up to the end of low season for rates.

you can book now with the present ap rate for a room and then modify it when the rate drops.

in the past years, if occupancy rate is low the ap rate is modified to a lower rate.
only a certain percentage of rooms would be available for it though.

check frequently what the ap rates are for the room you booked and call to modify your rate when you see it drops.

all access card is only available at the hrh.
check their website to see what perks and amenities you can get with your card for hrh.
i have used mine at hrh but it didn't change my room rate only the free upgrade.

PooohBear
06-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks Mac !

macraven
06-23-2009, 03:54 PM
:thumbsup2

Akdar
06-27-2009, 08:48 AM
there should be ap rates for september and up to the end of low season for rates.

you can book now with the present ap rate for a room and then modify it when the rate drops.

in the past years, if occupancy rate is low the ap rate is modified to a lower rate.
only a certain percentage of rooms would be available for it though.

check frequently what the ap rates are for the room you booked and call to modify your rate when you see it drops.

all access card is only available at the hrh.
check their website to see what perks and amenities you can get with your card for hrh.
i have used mine at hrh but it didn't change my room rate only the free upgrade.

Hi Mac
Am thinking about joining the all access club for our stay in October (8 nights) but is it worth it?? There is no free internet, seems like all you get is a room with a better view, or am I missing something? Help me out with your infinite wisdom :)

macraven
06-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi Mac
Am thinking about joining the all access club for our stay in October (8 nights) but is it worth it?? There is no free internet, seems like all you get is a room with a better view, or am I missing something? Help me out with your infinite wisdom :)

It has it's perks, especially if you frequent HRC a lot.
By purchasing the "All Access" card for $25 at the HRC's store, you get a membership card, a special membership pin, up to $20 in free gifts (usually a couple of other pins), a HRC tote bag, and $20 in food/shopping credit.

if you used-up all your credit on your card, you can earn $20 of free credit when you accumulate $200 spent at HRC's restaurant or store. Just show your card when you ask for your bill.

It also gives you the head of the line for a table at the HRC.
When you go to the podium to have your name put on the wait list, you and your group will be put ahead of others that do not have the All Access Card.

You will receive emails on sales at the HRC stores.
If you are into pins and tshirts etc, such as I am, you will appreciate this perk.

The only perk for the HRH is the late check out and room upgrades.
The room upgrades are only allowed if a room is available.

There are better perks for the AA card at other HRH than the one in Orlando.

This link will give you the details of the program.
The area on the right lists the majority of the benefits.

http://hardrockallaccess.com/all-access/join.asp

When you sign up, that $20 credit on the card can be used at the HRC for a meal. It was something that was worth it to me. I go to HRC in different cities whenever I can.

It doesn't necessarily add to the perks of the HRH unless you are given the highest level a member can have in the All Access program.

DisneyFreak09
07-01-2009, 08:49 AM
I m on about booking this hotel to go January next year. I'm from the uk so going for a 2 week break and want to do the universal parks and Disney Parks. My question is, how would I get to the Disney area from this hotel? I know about Mears transport, but I have read some horror stories about them. Were not renting a car as im 24 and not 25 so insurance is a lot more for me.

Please if anyone could help it'll be greatly appreciated

macraven
07-01-2009, 10:49 AM
i do both the motherland and darkside parks each year.

i hire car service to transport me from one hotel to the other and for the airport travel.

each company had various rates.

i generally pay $140 for a 3 leg ride.

MCO to disney hotel.
disney hotel to Universal hotel
Universal hotel back to MCO

5littleindians
07-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Has anyone ever gotten one of these at the Hard Rock? We are going this weekend and thinking about it!

DisneyFreak09
07-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Woo hoo!! Booked 2 weeks at the HRH in January!! Cant wait, got the flexi-plus ticket and also the disney ultimate ticket for 2 of us it came to 2310. Dunno if thas a good price but compared to what virgin were offerin without any of the park passes was 1750 pp so I think we got a good deal :-)

Now to plan the holiday!! :cool1:

Doing the Happy Dance :dance3:

aprilsky
07-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Who did you book through, just out of interest?
I always find Virgin pretty competitive, but this year we bought flights and accommodation separately. Still flying with Virgin as I find going into Sanford too much of a bind when you're not driving.

DisneyFreak09
07-02-2009, 02:59 AM
I booked with Travel City Direct. Virgin owns the company now so not sure why the huge price difference. I was looking originally at the Masters Inn on international Drive, then saw the offer an for an extra £250 I thought ya cant go wrong :thumbsup2

diskids2
07-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Do any of the rooms at the HRH have refrigerators or can they be rented for a fee?

macraven
07-28-2009, 05:05 PM
they can be rented. there is a daily charge for them.
they are free if needed for medical purposes.

each room has a small mini bar stocked.
when you check in, you are asked if you will be using it for the beverages in it. if you are, then you are given a key.
there is also a snack drawer of items you can purchase.

you are charged for what you use out of it at a very costly price.

the mini bar only will keep things cool, not necessarily like a normal dorm fridge would.

it is checked each day for the removal of anything.
you are charged on your hotel bill for any item you used out of it.

it is not worth it.

you are better off buying a cheap foam cooler for $4. and putting ice in it and leave it in the bathtub during the day.

diskids2
07-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Do you know if the rental refrig is a dorm type and do you know the cost. Otherwise, I think the cooler is a great idea....we are just looking to keep water cool.

msminniemouse
09-02-2009, 07:42 AM
I just returned from HRH, and had a great time. The All Access Membership is now free. They told me when I had called to inquire about the program and room upgrades that it is complimentary when you check in, and sure enough when I checked in I asked and they gave me a free card. I was able to upgrade from an obstructed view to garden view room! They gave us 2 free guitar pins as a gift at checkin. I was originally going to pay for the membership online before I came, but after calling and finding out that it is no longer necessary to pay fee, I'm glad I waited.

macraven
09-02-2009, 02:30 PM
I just returned from HRH, and had a great time. The All Access Membership is now free. They told me when I had called to inquire about the program and room upgrades that it is complimentary when you check in, and sure enough when I checked in I asked and they gave me a free card. I was able to upgrade from an obstructed view to garden view room! They gave us 2 free guitar pins as a gift at checkin. I was originally going to pay for the membership online before I came, but after calling and finding out that it is no longer necessary to pay fee, I'm glad I waited.

i bought the All Access program and still feel i got a great deal.
for $20 i received the $20 card to use at any HR or HRC that can be still add on the points when i show it for charges, 2 guitar pins, the HR back pack and one more gift.

you only pay once for the lifetime membership.

msminniemouse
09-02-2009, 04:10 PM
for $20 i received the $20 card to use at any HR or HRC that can be still add on the points when i show it for charges, 2 guitar pins, the HR back pack and one more gift.

The only thing I found out with the free card is that you cannot accumulate points on it. It can be used for room upgrades, late checkout and the 10% discount at the hotel and Hard Rock Cafe though.

macraven
09-02-2009, 11:41 PM
The only thing I found out with the free card is that you cannot accumulate points on it. It can be used for room upgrades, late checkout and the 10% discount at the hotel and Hard Rock Cafe though.

when i bought the membership, i received two cards in the mailing.

one is the all access card and the other is the gift card.
when i show that card, it credits it to the amount i have spent at hrc.

once i hit $200 on it, i get $20 back in credit on the card that i can use anytime.

i used it last year at hrc for my meal and still have money on it.

that might be the difference of what they are doing now when they give the free all access card to hotel guests and not the second card. it would be great if both cards were issued at hrh.

suei
09-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi, Apologies for asking a question that has been asked before, but I can't find the answer anywhere! We're planning a stay at HRH next July, and I've been trying to find a resort layout map for the hotel. I think there used to be one on www.wdisneyw.com. I can access the webpage for the map, but I can't actually see the map.
Does anyone know where I can find one, please? Many thanks.

3forWDW
10-30-2009, 09:42 PM
when i bought the membership, i received two cards in the mailing.

one is the all access card and the other is the gift card.
when i show that card, it credits it to the amount i have spent at hrc.

once i hit $200 on it, i get $20 back in credit on the card that i can use anytime.

i used it last year at hrc for my meal and still have money on it.

that might be the difference of what they are doing now when they give the free all access card to hotel guests and not the second card. it would be great if both cards were issued at hrh.

Looking at joining the All Access. We live on the Gulf Coast so the Hard Rock Casino/Hotel in Biloxi is 10 minutes away (and I'm there waaaay too much:rolleyes1). Now with reservations in March at the HRH in Orlando :banana: wondering if I can purchase the All Access here in Biloxi? Anyone know if they honor it here and if it will work in both Orlando and Biloxi for discounts/credits/upgrades? Looked at the posted web link to the site, wonder if that's different than purchasing at Biloxi's store? Also, can't find any mention on the web site about 2 cards? Is that offer over? Or different by location? Any ideas? Will ask them this weekend when I go to the casino but lots of times the employees in the gift shop/hotel are clueless when you ask about the programs!:confused3

macraven
10-30-2009, 10:24 PM
i bought my all access card directly from the hrc website.

3forWDW
11-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Went to Hard Rock Casino/Hotel Biloxi Saturday night and asked about the All Access Card at the hotel check-in desk and then went on to the gift shop. Was told they do honor it at Biloxi and Orlando. And was told that I could order online or purchase at the Gift Shop. Price is same. If purchased in Gift Shop you get a carry bag, pin, subscription to Rolling Stone, and card has $20 credit you can use in cafe. We will be getting one before our stay, probably sooner since Biloxi Hard Rock is so close.
Thanks to all who posted info. Didn't know about this and is something we will use year round!

macraven
11-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Went to Hard Rock Casino/Hotel Biloxi Saturday night and asked about the All Access Card at the hotel check-in desk and then went on to the gift shop. Was told they do honor it at Biloxi and Orlando. And was told that I could order online or purchase at the Gift Shop. Price is same. If purchased in Gift Shop you get a carry bag, pin, subscription to Rolling Stone, and card has $20 credit you can use in cafe. We will be getting one before our stay, probably sooner since Biloxi Hard Rock is so close.
Thanks to all who posted info. Didn't know about this and is something we will use year round!

that is about what i received when i ordered my membership on line. it has been a few years since i joined.
(the free pin, $20 gc, the hrc back pack, etc.)

i put another $100 of points on my all access card again last month......
only 49 shy of the $20 credit.

if you go to hrh and hrc frequently, it is well worth buying the membership card

mvansear
11-19-2009, 09:31 PM
2 questions
Are the kid suites at HRH on club level?
I am booking tommorow for HRH, should I use the loews site, internet, or call, and will it make any diff which one I use.
TIA
Marci

Disney Legend
12-05-2009, 05:17 AM
Hard Rock stay on Christmas - never been there.

If I have a deluxe room is there any location I should ask for? Thanks.

pixeegrl
01-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Hard Rock stay on Christmas - never been there.

If I have a deluxe room is there any location I should ask for? Thanks.

From what I have read on here 6090, 6092 are good for pool views and if you are on club level 7099 and 7101 have good views of the Garden and Water.

Rags
01-09-2010, 08:09 PM

This will be my first stay at the HRH!! What is the all access pass??

pixeegrl
01-11-2010, 10:17 AM
OK Mac, I just bought the All Access Pass we have a standard room booked so does that mean we will get an upgrade to Garden or Pool View if we ask? Also, can we use the gift card to purchase food there? Thanks, sorry to be a pain!

thebigkahuna
01-15-2010, 08:28 AM
I read on a different thread that there are no pets allowed on the club level - is that correct? I want to bring my dog, but also want club level! (yes, I want it all! :cutie: LOL)

OhioStateBuckeye
02-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Does anyone know if being a member of the Hard Rock club (I forget if it has a different name) saves you any money on a room?

bubba's mom
02-08-2010, 05:35 PM
I don't think so....I think it's a "perk" card.

Disney*All-Stars*
02-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Regarding the All Access card, there doesn't seem to alot of "reward" when staying at the Hard Rock Hotel. A possible upgrade is one, but you don't get any points for staying there like you would get when you eat at the Hard Rock Cafe. Points, or credits like when they were part of the Loews First, would give me more insentive to book with them. This year I moved over to Portofino and will get another Loew's First credit.

TnRobin
02-12-2010, 08:55 AM
I just called to reserve a cabana for our May trip (GOT #10 :cool1:) I just mentioned that I had an all access pass and the lady informed me that I get a discount off the cabana price. This may be common knowledge, but I hadn't seen that on these discussions about the all access pass.

everylastbreath
02-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi! I'd like to ask a question about HR Club - Is there mini-bar in room? Can't imagine why there would be but curious- #2 - do they have Kerug coffee makers there (RPH had them on Club floor). What floor is Club located on & What view are the rooms?

Natasha&Matt
02-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Hi! I'd like to ask a question about HR Club - Is there mini-bar in room? Can't imagine why there would be but curious- #2 - do they have Kerug coffee makers there (RPH had them on Club floor). What floor is Club located on & What view are the rooms?

I would also like to know this :)

eandesmom
02-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Right now we are booked for garden view 8/12-8/15. Looking at changing that to 8/19-8/22 as it brings the room cost down quite a bit. Bummer is I will lose my $99 tickets but since we won't be at the parks more than 2.5 days, the room savings outweighs it by quite a lot.

here is my question.

Package prices are equal between the Harry Potter (three broomsticks breakfast) standard room OR garden view no HP package. Reservation is for 2 rooms.

What would you choose? View with hope for an upgrade to Pool view or Breakfast with hope of an upgrade to garden or keep the garden as the chances for a real upgrade at check-in are laughable.

I have the paid version of the card. Which, even if I don't get an upgrade seems worth it to me but an upgrade would be really good!

thanks!

choccieaddict
03-18-2010, 10:36 AM
hi,
please could someone let me know if a standard room at the HRH provides tea/coffee making facilities, also would there be enough toiletries provided for four of us for two nights or should I pack my own?
Thanks

wicket2005
03-18-2010, 11:23 AM
There is a coffee maker in the room with those capsule like containers for coffee, like the Tassimo machines we have. You get a selection of coffee and a herbal tea, plus milk. No facilities to make a normal cup of tea.

You get toiletries when you have used up the ones in the room each day. Small bottles. We don't take any toiletries with us and just use the Hard Rock's for our holidays.

It is a fantastic hotel, we have stayed there twice and twice at the RPR if you need any other info let me know. Back again in June to the Hard Rock.

choccieaddict
03-18-2010, 04:09 PM
There is a coffee maker in the room with those capsule like containers for coffee, like the Tassimo machines we have. You get a selection of coffee and a herbal tea, plus milk. No facilities to make a normal cup of tea.

You get toiletries when you have used up the ones in the room each day. Small bottles. We don't take any toiletries with us and just use the Hard Rock's for our holidays.

It is a fantastic hotel, we have stayed there twice and twice at the RPR if you need any other info let me know. Back again in June to the Hard Rock.

thank you :flower3:

Another question....would we be able to take the drinks out of their mini-fridge while we are there and put our own bottles of water in, or should we buy a cheap coolbox at Walmart?

wicket2005
03-18-2010, 04:28 PM
We have never asked for it to be unlocked, very very expensive so thought it best to keep it locked. I know a special maid comes each day to check to see what has been used. We just used an ice bucket and put a few bottles in for our return.

PlanningNextTrip
03-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi everyone, I just booked our first Universal stay at HRH and being a Disney veteran, I am starting my research and planning now for our trip in November. I actually just finished reading through this ENTIRE thread (lol) and have a couple questions that I didn't see asked.

1. Would like to make reservations for the character dinner while we are there. When can you start making reservations?
2. It will just be me and my 3yo on this vacation. He is well-behaved, will he be able to eat in the kid area at The Kitchen? (Hoping I may get a moment to sit and eat a meal and relax)
3. Are there any perks for little ones? I read somewhere about gifts?
4. If you are receiving a discounted rate, are you able to use the All-Access Membership?

TIA and look forward to planning my vacation!

JessicaR
04-13-2010, 02:05 PM
How did this thread get un-stuck? Used to be a sticky.

macraven
04-13-2010, 02:39 PM

club floor is 7th floor.
your hotel key will be coded to allow the elevated to go to that floor.

view vary.
some great park views, front of the building rooms have the view of the entrance lawn, some views are of the pool, or water taxi area or garden views.

i think all the pool and park views are the best.

I would also like to know this :)

hi,
please could someone let me know if a standard room at the HRH provides tea/coffee making facilities, also would there be enough toiletries provided for four of us for two nights or should I pack my own?
Thanks

the kerug makers are at all the 3 onsite hotels.
if you want more housekeeping staff will provide it for you.

punch the star key on the phone and you will reach a TM that will help you with anything you need.

i do not like flavored coffee or tea.
last year i asked housekeepers to give me only one type and at least 7 of them each morning.

they did.

same with toiletries.
if you need more, call on the star service button/phone.
no matter what time it is, you will receive what you requested free.

thank you :flower3:

Another question....would we be able to take the drinks out of their mini-fridge while we are there and put our own bottles of water in, or should we buy a cheap coolbox at Walmart?

i never advise anyone to use the mini bar in the room.
i always decline the use of it at check in.

i have had friends that did use the mini bar for their water and sodas.
they had to take out items already stocked in there in order to put their items in.

they were charged for usage of the removed items even though they were placed back in each evening by the guests.

friends did get the charges taken off their check out bill.

the maids check everything in the mini bar each day on a check list.
if they don't see it in there, they make a note of it.

go to publix and buy the $4 stryofoam chest.
fill it with ice at the floor you are staying.

leave the ice chest in the bathtub during the day when you are not in the room.
housekeeping is used to this and will work around it.

Hi everyone, I just booked our first Universal stay at HRH and being a Disney veteran, I am starting my research and planning now for our trip in November. I actually just finished reading through this ENTIRE thread (lol) and have a couple questions that I didn't see asked.

1. Would like to make reservations for the character dinner while we are there. When can you start making reservations?

character dinners dates vary at each hotel.
in each hotel main dining room is where the characters will be on certain days and times.
you order off the menu and the character interaction is a freebie thrown in for the family enjoyment.

i have never reserved a setting at the Kitchen very far in advance.
if i do make one, i do that once i am at the hotel.

you can go to any of the hotels for the character dining.

if you want the character breakfast, that is at confisco grille in IOA/port of entry area.
you can make those a few months out if you wish.
never had issues getting them once i was there.

2. It will just be me and my 3yo on this vacation. He is well-behaved, will he be able to eat in the kid area at The Kitchen? (Hoping I may get a moment to sit and eat a meal and relax)

yes.
chose a table near that section so you can keep an eye on him.
i only say that in case (s)he would be shy not seeing you while there.

3. Are there any perks for little ones? I read somewhere about gifts?

i have taken my boys at different times of the year and they have always received trinkets, toys, etc at check in time.

ask when you check in if they have any welcome gifts available for little ones.

don't worry about bringing pool items.
they have plenty there that all kids can borrow.

many peeps leave the bought water play items at the hotel once they leave.

4. If you are receiving a discounted rate, are you able to use the All-Access Membership?

i have used my all access card for a free upgrade even when i had a discount for the room.
is that what you are asking?

TIA and look forward to planning my vacation!

i have stayed at HRH over 22 different times.
i'm sure you will like the place.

i have now moved over to a different onsite hotel that i call home for this year.

CornishPixie
04-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Does anyone know how to find out the schedule for HRH movies for June? And are there any other activities at the hotel (besides the pool) that teenagers would be interested in?:woohoo:

bookgirl2632
04-17-2010, 09:24 PM
This thread has been very helpful. We are planning our first trip to Hogwarts, um, Universal for this September. We like the look of HRH, so we'll be staying there.

Good to know about the minibar. I was wondering if we could use it as a fridge, but I see that's not an option. We have a collapsible cooler that folds flat. We'll bring that in our suitcase. Incidentally, anywhere closeby that we can buy water and/or soda? We won't have a rental car and plan on taking Mears from the airport.

Also, I notice that the coffeemaker is a Keurig. Is the coffee provided and if so, is it complimentary? If not, we can bring some from home since we have a Keurig.

wicket2005
04-18-2010, 03:40 AM
Yes, coffee is complimentary and is refilled once a day. There are a few different varieties of coffee and one herbal tea. Can you buy the capsules in shops over there? As I quite fancy drinking chocolate if they make that or just normal tea.

glocon
04-21-2010, 06:07 PM
[B]Is there anywhere on-line to find out which movies will be playing in June?:cool2:

bubba's mom
04-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Is there anywhere on-line to find out which movies will be playing in June?:cool2:

I don't think so...You have to call the hotel and ask.

even then...apt to change.

glocon
04-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Thanks! Guess I will. Prob Harry Potter movies in June- you think?

bubba's mom
04-22-2010, 09:44 AM
:confused3 who knows?

Natasha&Matt
04-22-2010, 11:01 AM
not long till i am there :)

mjohnson96
04-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Yes, coffee is complimentary and is refilled once a day. There are a few different varieties of coffee and one herbal tea. Can you buy the capsules in shops over there? As I quite fancy drinking chocolate if they make that or just normal tea.

If you have a Bed Bath & Beyond or a Khols anywhere near you or maybe find one in Orlando they have a large variety of the Keurig coffee products that you can purchase. I picked up a yummy Cafe Mocha one at Kohls the other day. You can also pick them up on Amazon as well, I buy bulk from there once in awhile for the one at the house. :cool1:

Natasha&Matt
04-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Dive in Movies for May at HRH!

SUNDAY
1 Movie Where the Wild Things Are
9 Movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
16 Movies Madagascar & Madascar: Escape 2 Africa
23 Movie Avatar
30 DJ Scooter 2-6pm; Movie Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

MONDAY
3 Movie The Karate Kid
10 Movie Gremlins
17 Movie Transformers
24 Movie Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

TUESDAY
4 Movie Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
11 Movie Michael Jackson’s This Is It
18 Movie The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
25 Movie Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

WEDNESDAY
5 Movie Star Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
12 Movie Avatar
19 Movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine
26 Movie Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

THURSDAY
6 Movies Shrek & Shrek 2
13 Movie Twilight
20 Movie Star Trek
27 DJ Scooter 6-10pm

FRIDAY
7 Movie Avatar; Live music by Ron Irrizary in Velvet 9pm
14 Movie The Twilight Saga: New Moon; Live music by Joseph Martens in Velvet 9pm
21 Movie Avatar; Live music by Mike Dunn in Velvet 9pm
28 Movie Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire; Live music by Matt Shenk in Velvet 9pm

SATURDAY
1 Live music by Xaltation 7-10pm
8 DJ Scooter 2-6pm; Live music by Joseph Martens 7-10pm
15 Live music by Joseph Martens 7-10pm
22 Live music by Ron Irrizary 7-10pm
29 Live music by Hindu Cowboys 7-10pm

CornishPixie
04-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Cool! How did you get the info? Is it on HRH website? I would love to know where to look so when the June schedule comes out I can find it.

quinnc19
04-22-2010, 07:05 PM
What time are they? Thanks! :goodvibes

Dive in Movies for May at HRH!

SUNDAY
1 Movie Where the Wild Things Are
9 Movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
16 Movies Madagascar & Madascar: Escape 2 Africa
23 Movie Avatar
30 DJ Scooter 2-6pm; Movie Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

MONDAY
3 Movie The Karate Kid
10 Movie Gremlins
17 Movie Transformers
24 Movie Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

TUESDAY
4 Movie Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
11 Movie Michael Jackson’s This Is It
18 Movie The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
25 Movie Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

WEDNESDAY
5 Movie Star Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
12 Movie Avatar
19 Movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine
26 Movie Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

THURSDAY
6 Movies Shrek & Shrek 2
13 Movie Twilight
20 Movie Star Trek
27 DJ Scooter 6-10pm

FRIDAY
7 Movie Avatar; Live music by Ron Irrizary in Velvet 9pm
14 Movie The Twilight Saga: New Moon; Live music by Joseph Martens in Velvet 9pm
21 Movie Avatar; Live music by Mike Dunn in Velvet 9pm
28 Movie Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire; Live music by Matt Shenk in Velvet 9pm

SATURDAY
1 Live music by Xaltation 7-10pm
8 DJ Scooter 2-6pm; Live music by Joseph Martens 7-10pm
15 Live music by Joseph Martens 7-10pm
22 Live music by Ron Irrizary 7-10pm
29 Live music by Hindu Cowboys 7-10pm

bubba's mom
04-22-2010, 07:34 PM
They are supposed to start at dark...around 8. Then they say 8:30. Ours always started at 9.

Just be forewarned, that they are apt to change. One year we were expecting one movie, and they ended up showing the Spongebob movie. Our server told us it was supposed to be a different movie, but changed it later in the day.

:confused3

We go for the food and kids can swim. ...except last year when the whole Twilight craze was happenin... My niece actually rushed us out the door to get there in time.

...even tho she owned the movie and saw it like a jillion times! :rolleyes2

AussiePJ
04-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Are they on every night in October as well?

MinnieTheisen
04-24-2010, 07:11 AM
We have booked our first Darkside vacation in October. The kids are VERY excited. I would be curious about Oct movies too!

bookgirl2632
04-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Do they typically show movies at HRH in September? If so, where can I find a schedule or selection? I know it's probably too soon right now, but I'd like to be able to check when it gets closer.

Natasha&Matt
04-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Cool! How did you get the info? Is it on HRH website? I would love to know where to look so when the June schedule comes out I can find it.

I saw it posted on there Facebook page :thumbsup2

JessicaR
04-24-2010, 06:30 PM
http://www.facebook.com/notes/hard-rock-hotel-at-universal-orlando/staying-with-us-in-may/10150156240965541

CornishPixie
04-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Facebook! Never would have thought of looking there. I only got on Facebook last month so still learning. I would also love to figure out some way to get HRH to give me the HP preview confirmation in writing. We are going June 2-4 and booked before the announcement. I emailed and called GS and HRH and I got verbal reassurances but they won't give it to me in writing. I can't wait to go, but I am nervous about how they will handle the preview.:scared:

bubba's mom
04-25-2010, 06:17 PM
I wouldn't expect ANY of the onsite hotels to give anyone anything in writing regarding HP. The hotels are not owned by Universal and most likely are not authorized to promise anyone anything in writing.

CornishPixie
04-26-2010, 08:24 PM
That is a great point about the hotels being owned by Loews and not US. They are probably just as frustrated as we are about the HP situation. I will just assume the best and expect to have a "preview". Also, thanks to these boards I called last night to request one of the deluxe double rooms on Club 7. Hope we get it! These boards have been invaluable in planning my vacation and adding to the excitement of going!:banana:

everylastbreath
04-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Does anyone know if Club Level get's Free WiFi? Website states "Complimentary wireless internet access in public areas" does that mean just the club lounge??

JessicaR
04-27-2010, 08:46 AM
That is a great point about the hotels being owned by Loews and not US. They are probably just as frustrated as we are about the HP situation. I will just assume the best and expect to have a "preview". Also, thanks to these boards I called last night to request one of the deluxe double rooms on Club 7. Hope we get it! These boards have been invaluable in planning my vacation and adding to the excitement of going!:banana:

Actually the hotels are owned by Universal, Hard Rock Seminole, and Loews jointly.

JessicaR
04-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Does anyone know if Club Level get's Free WiFi? Website states "Complimentary wireless internet access in public areas" does that mean just the club lounge??

The lobby also and my son found some other areas around the hotel. I'll ask him when he gets home today.

TheWog
04-28-2010, 09:41 AM
How far in advance does HRH usually open up to accepting new reservations? I'm looking at February 2011. Just curious.

Melanie230
04-28-2010, 11:27 AM
How far in advance does HRH usually open up to accepting new reservations? I'm looking at February 2011. Just curious.

It should open soon. I just checked today, and we are going October 1-October 8 with the stay more save more and the standard rooms are totally sold out at the HRH! First time I have ever seen that happen in October! WWoHP is really drawing a crowd!

wdhinn89
04-28-2010, 02:00 PM
When does everyone think the new deals will be offered for Nov.

Would love to stay at the HRH then and hoping for a better discount then the AAA room only.

TwingleMum
04-28-2010, 08:20 PM
[B]Is there anywhere on-line to find out which movies will be playing in June?:cool2:

I read somewhere that HRH has a facebook page where you can find this. :lmao::lmao::lmao: OMG it was here a few threads up. I'm not too sleep deprived ;)

macraven
05-02-2010, 04:12 PM
It should open soon. I just checked today, and we are going October 1-October 8 with the stay more save more and the standard rooms are totally sold out at the HRH! First time I have ever seen that happen in October! WWoHP is really drawing a crowd!

you also have the HHN event happening at that time.

the on site hotels usually do sell out in october for HHN.

this year is the 20th anniversary of HHN.
it will be packed!

rooms are booked up in blocks by travel agencies.
when they do not sell out,they are returned back to the hotel.

this might be a reason for the no vacancy at hrh right now.

you check again in a few weeks and you might see rooms available again.

TwingleMum
05-02-2010, 07:20 PM
SO excited I just booked a deluxe room for 3 nights in August :cool1::cool1:

wdhinn89
05-02-2010, 08:11 PM
you also have the HHN event happening at that time.

the on site hotels usually do sell out in october for HHN.

this year is the 20th anniversary of HHN.
it will be packed!

rooms are booked up in blocks by travel agencies.
when they do not sell out,they are returned back to the hotel.

this might be a reason for the no vacancy at hrh right now.

you check again in a few weeks and you might see rooms available again.

What is the HHN event?

bubba's mom
05-02-2010, 08:37 PM
What is the HHN event?

Halloween Horror Nights

macraven
05-02-2010, 10:41 PM
:thumbsup2

SwirlyGirly
05-05-2010, 09:02 AM
I just called Universal to put in a room requests. We are staying club level at the Hard Rock. I wanted to put in a request for a deluxe room early since there are very few. The girl said that you can't request a deluxe room, but if you get one it costs extra. How does that work? :confused3

TwingleMum
05-06-2010, 08:57 PM
I think that is because a deluxe room is more expensive than the other rooms (more square feet) so if you wanted to upgrade to a deluxe room you would have to pay the difference

CornishPixie
05-10-2010, 07:41 PM
We are staying at HRH in about 3 weeks (Yea!) and I have read that the walk from the parking lot to the lobby is a beast. I am going to be driving and getting there for an early check in. Should I unload the car at check in or just leave it in car until we come back from the parks when our room is ready? And is parking lot between the hotel and the parks or is it on the other side of hotel? Just curious, thanks! :rolleyes:

bubba's mom
05-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Parking is next to the hotel...if that makes sense. When we stay at PBH, we actually walk thru HRH's parking lot to the parks because it's quicker than the Garden Path from PBH.

I would pull up and unload your car at the entrance. You can leave your car there and go check in & get your keys. If your room is ready, great. If not, check the luggage there.

If your room is not ready, the last thing you'll feel like doing is unloading and parking your car later in the day. You'll probably get a better spot earlier in the day after check out time vs later in the day anyway.

PMart
05-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I have a question can I book a kids suite and club at the same time????

Thanks trying to decide what to do

CornishPixie
05-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Thank you Bubba's Mom! That helped a lot. When we stay at RPR we like that the parking lot has easy access from hotel and the parks. We almost always drive, so here's my next question.
Has anyone ever tried to get around the $15 a day parking fee at the resorts by parking in the parks' parking garage during their stay? If you have annual pass, you get free parking at parks, so just wondering.
Dang, could I be the cheapest person in the world? Really, just trying to save wherever I can!:idea:

bubba's mom
05-11-2010, 08:28 PM
I have a question can I book a kids suite and club at the same time????

idk...never stayed club at HRH :confused3

Has anyone ever tried to get around the $15 a day parking fee at the resorts by parking in the parks' parking garage during their stay? If you have annual pass, you get free parking at parks, so just wondering.

uh...you mean overnight? You can park for the DAY free in the garage w/ PAP, but not overnight.

GaSleepingBeautyFan
05-14-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm staying at HRH garden view room for the first time.

Do those rooms have the peek a boo 1/2 wall area between the sink and the sleeping area?
I know RPR had that and it was annoying to the family when I turned the lights on to get ready before they were awake.

I'm going to bring a curtain and my flexible shower curtain rod if that's the case.

TIA.

auntboink
05-15-2010, 01:18 AM
about the parking cost....my hubby was mad the first time we stayed at pbh when they asked us to pay that much for pkg...
we were not told about it before we booked...i guess a little more planning wouldve been helpful..we just assumed it was like dw..where if you stay on property they dont charge you to park...
anyway..we were told that they outsource the mgmt of their lots so there was no way getting out of paying the amount...

one thing we did learn was to park on a lower level and use the elevator (at pbh)..it comes up right close to the resort front entrance...and we could most always park a few feet or so away from it on the lower levels instead of far far away on a top level...

we do always check our bags with the concierge when first checking in...we dont want our stuff left outside to bake...we find this a little easier too when the room is finally ready...to not have to unload everything out of a hot car.

CornishPixie
05-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Hey! Has anyone recently gotten back from staying at HRH? Would love to hear your review (they are mixed on TripAdvisor) and what you enjoyed the most. We are so looking forward to visiting WWOHP and the rest of US, but we also plan to take advantage of all of the hotel amenities. Never stayed there but will be in 1 week!!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

TwingleMum
05-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Hey! Has anyone recently gotten back from staying at HRH? Would love to hear your review (they are mixed on TripAdvisor) and what you enjoyed the most. We are so looking forward to visiting WWOHP and the rest of US, but we also plan to take advantage of all of the hotel amenities. Never stayed there but will be in 1 week!!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Pixie do a review when you get home. And a dining report of all the places you ate, :flower3:PUHLEASE!! We are staying at the HRH for the 1st time in Aug we are soooo excited, We haven't been to US/IOA and we are huge Harry Potter fans, Thanks so much,

CornishPixie
05-25-2010, 10:00 PM
TwingleMom, I will be thrilled to do a review! I will also try to post while staying at HRH and let y'all know about WWOHP. We are supposed to have one of the onsite ressie previews. I have stayed at RPR 3 times and have LOVED it. Beautiful hotel and pool. But, I am so excited to try out HRH this time! We are staying club level and I called and requested one of the room numbers that is supposed to be a deluxe room (keeping fingers crossed). I bought my "all access" pass (it came in the mail in 2 days) and I am praying it will help me at check in. I have loved having these boards to gather tips and information. They have helped me save money and time on each visit we make to US. I would love to be able to "give back" by sharing what I have experienced! :cloud9:

everylastbreath
05-26-2010, 05:30 AM

Hi!! We'll be there in about a week too!!! Stayed at HR many times - you will not be disappointed!!! Love it. We are staying Club, arriving on Sat 6/5, feel free to ask me ANY questions or PM me!! Have a great time, I'm SURE you will!!

TheWog
05-26-2010, 08:12 AM
I wonder when they will open up the bookings for February. We, too, are looking forward to staying here.

TheWog
05-26-2010, 12:39 PM
How late are the pools open at HRH? We might be arriving later in the evening, but I know the kids will probably want to swim. Thank you.

CornishPixie
05-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks, EveryLastBreath,
Our dates are June 1-4 and we are staying Club Level too!!! Sounds like we are going to just miss each other.:sad1:
I would love to know if you have stayed club level before and what you thought of it. I have read mixed reviews on the boards and worry it won't be worth the money. I will be the only adult with three teenage girls so I thought it would be easier if I knew they could help themselves to snacks and things. They are so excited and chose this trip as their birthday presents. I want them to have a trip to remember!:dance3::cheer2:

Pink Flamingo
05-27-2010, 05:05 AM
I have read mixed reviews on the boards and worry it won't be worth the money.
Haven't stayed club level at HRH, but have at RPR & I think they are pretty similar from all I've read. For our group (2 boys ~ 1 pre-teen who eats next to nothing & 1 teen who can put down some food), it was definitely worth every penny.

The convenience of being able to grab a quick, healthy breakfast before hitting the parks made things so much easier in the morning.

The kids loved the snacks throughout the day & having snacks/drinks/water bottles readily available meant I didn't have to pack an extra suitcase full of that sort of thing:yay:. We would usually head back to the resort during the heat of the day, grab a drink & some snacks from the club, & then head down to the pool to cool off for a bit.

We would eat our biggest meal at lunch. In the evening we would take advantage of the heavy hors d'oeuvres & then just grab a quick bite somewhere (if we even needed that ~ many nights we didn't).

I think the biggest benefit of staying club level for us was the convenience of having food/drinks available (including healthy choices) to us whenever we were at the hotel.

As far as the kids - the club level was a total surprise to them & they LOVED it. They are quite bummed that we aren't splurging on club level this year ( little do they know that we actually are for our DS's 16th birthday - but they won't know this until we check in - shhhh! don't tell).

everylastbreath
05-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks, EveryLastBreath,
Our dates are June 1-4 and we are staying Club Level too!!! Sounds like we are going to just miss each other.:sad1:
I would love to know if you have stayed club level before and what you thought of it. I have read mixed reviews on the boards and worry it won't be worth the money. I will be the only adult with three teenage girls so I thought it would be easier if I knew they could help themselves to snacks and things. They are so excited and chose this trip as their birthday presents. I want them to have a trip to remember!:dance3::cheer2:

aaaww too bad, we could have met at the "Club"!! haha. Yes, we have stayed HRH Club (& RPH Club) I think it is well worth it, just being able to grab a drink and a snack! You could easily replace breakfast with a trip to the club, honestly the offerings for the rest of the day are kind of "snacking" stuff and I wouldn't really count on it for replacing lunch or dinner, but if your planning a later dinner, you could stop @ the club and grab a beer/wine, some chips or other snack stuff and save yourself a few bucks, right there. I know what we normally spend to just grab a few drinks & bags of chips (at WDW) and I think the club is sooo worth it. 3 Teenage Girls, you def. picked the right hotel!! Love HRH, it's so cool, they will think your the best Mom EVER! Hey, maybe we'll get your room when you check out!! haha Have a Blast!!

disneygirl1972
05-27-2010, 12:27 PM
How late are the pools open at HRH? We might be arriving later in the evening, but I know the kids will probably want to swim. Thank you.

The pool is open 8am - 12am. Just returned Monday. We had a great time!!

TheWog
05-27-2010, 01:47 PM
The pool is open 8am - 12am. Just returned Monday. We had a great time!!

Thank you.

KerriK85
05-27-2010, 03:13 PM
im staying june 1-5! not club level though, we booked the day we found out about harry potter packages so we didnt have time to save for that, oh well, next time :)

TwingleMum
05-28-2010, 04:34 PM
im staying june 1-5! not club level though, we booked the day we found out about harry potter packages so we didnt have time to save for that, oh well, next time :)

OK another person to do an in depth review ~ Hotel, attractions and dining report please.

CornishPixie
05-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the great input! We are really pumped for the trip - especially after reading that the previews are going as planned. I am an early riser, so I have no issue with WWOHP being open 8-10am.:banana:
I have searched stores locally for anything HP and have made my three teenagers goody bags for the drive down. We have an 8 hour drive so want to keep them busy.:drive:
I feel better about going with club level now and I will really enjoy not having to pack tons of snacks. Guess we'll have big lunch in the park and then eat lighter for dinner. Usually do anyway. Glad they have wine/beer. Will need it after long days at the park.:tongue:
Y'all - seriously, I am just as excited as the kids! Look out Harry, here we come!!:wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2:

CornishPixie
05-30-2010, 02:16 PM
WooHoo!! We leave Tuesday and plan to be in the parks by 2pm! Can't wait for HP preview Wed-Fri. I am literally addicted to these boards, I have been checking them 2-3 times a day! All the info has been awesome and very helpful.
I love that HRH has a FB site and I got the June schedule for the pool entertainment (dive-in movies, DJs, bands) there. Is there a way to get the schedules for RPR and PBR in June as well? I did not see a FB site for them. May want to pool hop and see all three resorts. Don't want to miss a thing!!:woohoo:

TwingleMum
05-30-2010, 02:58 PM
WooHoo!! We leave Tuesday and plan to be in the parks by 2pm! Can't wait for HP preview Wed-Fri. I am literally addicted to these boards, I have been checking them 2-3 times a day! All the info has been awesome and very helpful.
I love that HRH has a FB site and I got the June schedule for the pool entertainment (dive-in movies, DJs, bands) there. Is there a way to get the schedules for RPR and PBR in June as well? I did not see a FB site for them. May want to pool hop and see all three resorts. Don't want to miss a thing!!:woohoo:

:thumbsup2 Alright!! Have a great trip Pixie! Can't wait to hear about Club level I'm thinking of upgrading so it will be interesting what you think. Say hi to Harry for me , tell him I'll see him real soon :wizard:

CornishPixie
05-30-2010, 08:07 PM
You got it, TwingleMom!:thumbsup2
Wonder how early HRH will let me check in? From what I have read about the preview times, I probably need to be there by 7 - 7:30am. Do y'all know how early is too early to check in?:confused3

bubba's mom
05-30-2010, 08:15 PM
You can check in any time.

seadd67
05-30-2010, 11:42 PM
so I have a question for ones that have done early check In:cool2:. So we are going from POP to HrH, I doo not think our room would be ready?, and going On the assumption It will not how early should we be there to make It to rope drop at Islands of adventure?. So I am thinking time to drop off our luggage(they said they will store It untill our room Is ready) check In, get our express passes(they also said that we can get them through we do not actually have the room ready) make It over to gates of the park. So I am I predicting to much time when I think we should be there by 7:30am for a 9am opening? to get all that done?.

CornishPixie
05-31-2010, 07:07 AM
You can check in any time.

:cool1: Then I will be the earliest check in they every saw! We leave tomorrow but are staying offsite tomorrow night. We have APs so planning on going to parks tomorrow afternoon and then first thing Wednesday morning...WWOHP!:cool1:

disneyfan61
05-31-2010, 01:40 PM
Are there any resort pics on this thread?? Thinking of staying here next year.

luvdisney14
05-31-2010, 05:40 PM
We are planning to book one night at the hard rock so we won't have to wait in lines at the park. When booking a room, do they ask how old children are?
Also, do they charge for children over 17yrs old? ( I am trying to remember from past bookings)

macraven
05-31-2010, 06:11 PM
so I have a question for ones that have done early check In:cool2:. So we are going from POP to HrH, I doo not think our room would be ready?, and going On the assumption It will not how early should we be there to make It to rope drop at Islands of adventure?. So I am thinking time to drop off our luggage(they said they will store It untill our room Is ready) check In, get our express passes(they also said that we can get them through we do not actually have the room ready) make It over to gates of the park. So I am I predicting to much time when I think we should be there by 7:30am for a 9am opening? to get all that done?.

i transfer from disney resorts to the universal resorts on each fall vacation.
i leave disney around 7:30 and arrive at the UO hotel about 7:50.

you can check in at hrh and get your hotel key card.
check in your luggage and get a claim check for it.

this takes about 10 minutes tops.

go to city walk and grab a cup of real coffee.........

if the lines are long at the entrance of the park, chances are the guests will be let in early before 9:00.

We are planning to book one night at the hard rock so we won't have to wait in lines at the park. When booking a room, do they ask how old children are?
Also, do they charge for children over 17yrs old? ( I am trying to remember from past bookings)

you can have 5 people in the room without additional charges.
you do have to list the ages of the children when you check in.

each person receives their own hotel key card.

children 18 and over are considered adults.
there is an additional fee if you have more than 2 adults in the room.

luvdisney14
06-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Do you know how much they charge for each additional adult?

bubba's mom
06-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Do you know how much they charge for each additional adult?

$25 (afaik)

SwirlyGirly
06-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Is there a way to make room requests by fax or email? I want to make a request but I am very shy on the phone. Thanks ))
Another question, I am intolerant to gluten and therefore cannot eat wheat products. I'm staying club level and I know that I won't be able to take advantage of most bkfst products, most appetizers and none of the desserts. That's ok bc I know the rest of my family will. However, we were planning on eating bkfst in the club every morning. Would I look crazy if I brought my own gluten free cereal with me to the club each day and used their bowls and milk? I've done this before (non-theme park clubs) to varying degrees of crew members' stares.

bubba's mom
06-04-2010, 08:33 AM
^ if you want to make a room request, you're best off calling and speaking to someone who can put it on your res. When I said I faxed a room request, I was told (at check-in), that faxes go to the business center....not the front desk.

I wouldn't think anything of it if you took your own cereal to club. I don't think they'd care either; esp since you paid for club and aren't eating their food! Besides, you can always call Star Services and request a spoon and bowl to keep in your room if you want. We do that...call for plates, glasses, silverwear...and then just rinse and put in a drawer and reuse the rest of the week (because if you leave it out, they will take it when they clean, but not replenish it).

Pink Flamingo
06-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Would I look crazy if I brought my own gluten free cereal with me to the club each day and used their bowls and milk?
Not at all & I don't think the staff members would care one bit.

Easygoingeezer
06-07-2010, 05:11 AM
Hi there I am fortunate to be staying at HRH for 15 nights in Nov, we have a King Suite, could not see an option for a cub King online though. Has anyone stayed in a King Suite? what are the rooms like, the view, bathroom etc. How can I upgrade to the Club King Suite or can I pay extra at check in for access to the club room?

If I buy an Annual Pass for a UK resident will I have a chance of an upgrade and will it benefit me to get one?

Thanks for all your advice and time:worship:

EGG

SmallWorld71
06-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Just booked 8 nights, Aug. 18th to 26th at HRH, club level! This will be our first time at Universal and Seaworld. I will try very hard to remember to take pics of the club level lounge/ food as I know so many people always want to know about it and it is hard to find pics. It was about $90 more a night and I figured with 5 of us it will be a good deal and very convenient. DS14 (6'1" and growing!) might make our money back for us just at breakfast. LOL

damo
06-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi there I am fortunate to be staying at HRH for 15 nights in Nov, we have a King Suite, could not see an option for a cub King online though. Has anyone stayed in a King Suite? what are the rooms like, the view, bathroom etc. How can I upgrade to the Club King Suite or can I pay extra at check in for access to the club room?

If I buy an Annual Pass for a UK resident will I have a chance of an upgrade and will it benefit me to get one?

Thanks for all your advice and time:worship:

EGG

I don't think there are any king suites on the club floor. You can get a king room but I don't believe a king suite.

Annual passes don't get you upgrades on rooms. You should get an all access pass through Hard Rock for upgrades.

bookgirl2632
06-20-2010, 06:49 AM
This is my first time at Universal and have a couple of questions.

First, if I stop for some groceries on the way from the airport, are Universal hotels able to store them along with my luggage? If so, can they store the cold products as well? I'd probably have milk and oj for the morning.

Two, how do I arrange for a fridge in the room? Should I do it beforehand or can I just request one at check-in?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but that's all I can think of now. :)

bubba's mom
06-20-2010, 08:49 AM
If you need a fridge, ask the front desk at check in. There will be a charge (unless medically necessary tho).

If you stop for groceries, they will store them with your luggage. We usually buy a styrofoam cooler and ice at the store too..put the milk and beer in to keep cold. Tip: don't open the bag of ice right away...makes it easier to transport...just put the bag in the cooler w/ what you want to keep cold.

TwingleMum
06-21-2010, 02:50 AM
Does HRH have a breakfast buffet???

GaSleepingBeautyFan
06-24-2010, 09:15 PM
At The Kitchen. We never ate there though so I don't know what it's like.

kevin harrison
06-25-2010, 04:18 AM
At The Kitchen. We never ate there though so I don't know what it's like.

The kitchen's buffet is expensive, but the food is of a high standard. Well worth a visit.

amycishere
06-25-2010, 10:41 AM
First ever stay at Universal. Going for Halloween and will be a very exciting first visit to WWOHP. Have the Florida Resident Rate booked. What is this I hear about an Entertainment Rate?

Does anyone know about the handicapped accessibility of the pools and such?

Heard about movie nights and such where can I see more about what is going on during our stay?

bookgirl2632
06-28-2010, 05:05 AM
I think I recall reading somewhere that robes are provided at HRH. Is this true? If so, I won't have to pack one. Also, do they provide enough for everyone in the party? We have three adults staying in our room.

bubba's mom
06-28-2010, 07:52 AM
What is this I hear about an Entertainment Rate?

old & discontinued

Heard about movie nights and such where can I see more about what is going on during our stay?

idk about handicap accessibility (would think they do have it) and the movies are at poolside...you can find out what movie is showing what night when you check in

I think I recall reading somewhere that robes are provided at HRH. Is this true? If so, I won't have to pack one. Also, do they provide enough for everyone in the party? We have three adults staying in our room.

I *think* they do (can't remember for sure)....but if they do, you would only get 2. (unless you called and requested another)

amycishere
06-28-2010, 08:40 AM
old & discontinued

idk about handicap accessibility (would think they do have it) and the movies are at poolside...you can find out what movie is showing what night when you check in

I *think* they do (can't remember for sure)....but if they do, you would only get 2. (unless you called and requested another)

Thanks so much!!! Amy

wwessing
06-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Regarding the robes at HRH. . . there are two in the room, but you can call guest services and ask for another. We did and they gladly provided the 3rd robe.

MinnieTheisen
07-20-2010, 06:25 AM
hmmm I wonder if they would bring up 3? I can hear my girls complaining about sharing! Guess that is what vacations are all about.. close intense family time... that hopefully you survive and later (much later) you look back on fondly..:)

sand2270
07-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Does anyone know the hours of the Hard Rock pool? Tried a few searches and can't find the answer anywhere. Thanks!

kevin harrison
07-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know the hours of the Hard Rock pool? Tried a few searches and can't find the answer anywhere. Thanks!

I think from memory it is 9am - 10pm

kevin harrison
07-20-2010, 04:01 PM
First ever stay at Universal. Going for Halloween and will be a very exciting first visit to WWOHP. Have the Florida Resident Rate booked. What is this I hear about an Entertainment Rate?

I have been in the HRH and Portofino pools, they are both zero entry in parts.

Everything is wheelchair friendly.

The dive in movies are listed on a notice board as you walk into the pool area.

The picture below is hung up in the kids suites above the kids beds.

sand2270
07-20-2010, 06:04 PM
I think from memory it is 9am - 10pm

Thanks! :)

nmartin
07-21-2010, 06:01 AM
You can also get a list of the dive in movies on Facebook. They usually post for the next month around the twenty fifth of the month previous. (example: on approximately July 25th the list for August will be available) At least it is on the Hard Rock Hotel site I am not sure about the other hotels.

Nicole786
07-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Can anyone confirm that the Kitchen is open at 6am now? Online it still says the hours are 7am

soonertxmickey
07-23-2010, 08:48 PM
First time visitor to Universal here and getting a late reservation on Property. I am looking for best deal on property. I see that AAA gets better rates so I could probably sign up in time and get the discount. There are still vacancies at HRH. Before I start committing anyone have an idea what rates would be on HRH withe AAA discount? Thanks in advance .

bubba's mom
07-23-2010, 10:11 PM
First time visitor to Universal here and getting a late reservation on Property. I am looking for best deal on property. I see that AAA gets better rates so I could probably sign up in time and get the discount. There are still vacancies at HRH. Before I start committing anyone have an idea what rates would be on HRH withe AAA discount? Thanks in advance .

Did you check the Date/Rate thread for 2010? Depends when you're going.

I would make the res now and worry about the rate after the res is made. Rooms are selling out and making the reservation would at least guarantee you the room. While on the phone, you can ask them the AAA rate...since you'd have to either call to get it or book it thru AAA site.

nmartin
07-24-2010, 04:55 AM
Just wanted to know if anyone has paid for their room with traveler checks? I called HRH and the person I spoke to seemed unsure?

JellyBeans
07-24-2010, 04:47 PM

Hi. We just booked our trip and got AAA rate of $199+tax for Garden View room from 8/22 to 8/25. It was about 20% off the rack rate. I think you should call and book soon. I had a hard time getting the 2 queen garden view room for certain dates.

gottolovedisney
07-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Does anyone know the prices for the breakfast buffet? adult and children's prices and what age is a child??

TwingleMum
07-28-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm interested too. Can anyone tell us what is on the buffet????

msminniemouse
07-29-2010, 05:07 AM
Can anyone confirm that the Kitchen is open at 6am now? Online it still says the hours are 7am

I am interested to know this too.

reelmom
07-29-2010, 03:18 PM
subbing

TwingleMum
07-30-2010, 12:02 AM
I looked online and I *think* that the breakfast buffet is $17 for adults $9 for kids.

kevin harrison
07-30-2010, 06:17 AM
I'm interested too. Can anyone tell us what is on the buffet????

The usual things you can think of, nothing different. To be honest, you can get a breakfast for far less off site.

Clemson Bama Fan
08-01-2010, 02:37 PM
In addition to the usual breakfast buffet items, you can ask the chef to prepare an omelet or even eggs benedict. They are excellent. We start our day in the Kitchen...

ThumperThistle
08-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Just wanted to know if anyone has paid for their room with traveler checks? I called HRH and the person I spoke to seemed unsure?

We did last month. :)

nmartin
08-04-2010, 06:09 AM
We did last month. :)

Thank you very much! Good to hear.

Lindsay0385
08-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Hello! I have a few questions for those of you that have stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel. Thank you in advance!

We will be staying at the HRH for the duration of our Universal trip in mid-September. There are a total of eight of us going, all adults, so we will be staying in two rooms. Right now, I believe we have two standard garden view rooms.

Here are my questions:

1) Has anyone else booked two rooms together? Will our rooms be right next to each other (or at least on the same floor)?

2) Each of us is paying a total of $400 for the room. Will we be able to each pay our amount upon check in (so we don't have to carry all the cash around)? Or should we pay by some other method? My uncle used his credit card to pay for our room deposit and I rather not have my debit card on their record.

3) From reading this thread, I found out about shortcuts for walking from the HRH to US/IOA. I have also read that they might be closed. Can anyone give me directions on the quickest way to walk to the parks (or should we just take the water taxis)?

4) I have an Hard Rock All Access Card. Do you think that we will realistically be able upgrade our rooms (probably not, lol)?

5) Now the exact opposite, would asking for obstructed view rooms dramatically reduce the price of our stay?

6) Since we are staying on-site, do we have to pay the cover charges for late night CityWalk clubs and events?

7) I know that the parks close earlier in September, but will the pools stay open for the normal time (11pm)? Is it also true that we can use the pools of the other two on-site hotels?

8) From looking at Google maps of the hotel, it seems as if the closest off-site restaurants/shopping are Golden Corral, Walgreens, and Burger King at the corner of S Kirkman Rd and Vineland Rd. Is this within a reasonable walking distance (Google says only 15 minutes walking from the hotel, but is that true)? Are there other locations to eat or get cheap breakfast supplies off-site within walking distance?

I think that's it for now. I know that I will think of more closer to the trip. I like to be very prepared before going on any trip (you should have seen my itinerary and planning for our Las Vegas trip of 2008!).

Thank you for your help!

Lindsay

csmommy
08-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Hi Lindsey, We are just back from HRH & I will try & asnwer as many as I can.

1. No I have not.

2. Sorry, don't know b/c we paid with points & gave a cc for room charges.

3. The pool is still locked in the morning. So you go out the main doors, turn left & go down the stair in to the parking lot, turn left again & ho until you see the Universal globe! We found this the shortest way there.

4. The hotel was full while we were there so we were not upgraded. But I would think it would be hard to be upgraded & have 2 rooms together.

5. Don't know, call them.

6. We had kids with us so didn't stay out late.

7. Yes, you can pool hop, not sure of hours.

8. We ate at City Walk. Food was very resonable & good.

Have fun!

Hello! I have a few questions for those of you that have stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel. Thank you in advance!

We will be staying at the HRH for the duration of our Universal trip in mid-September. There are a total of eight of us going, all adults, so we will be staying in two rooms. Right now, I believe we have two standard garden view rooms.

Here are my questions:

1) Has anyone else booked two rooms together? Will our rooms be right next to each other (or at least on the same floor)?

2) Each of us is paying a total of $400 for the room. Will we be able to each pay our amount upon check in (so we don't have to carry all the cash around)? Or should we pay by some other method? My uncle used his credit card to pay for our room deposit and I rather not have my debit card on their record.

3) From reading this thread, I found out about shortcuts for walking from the HRH to US/IOA. I have also read that they might be closed. Can anyone give me directions on the quickest way to walk to the parks (or should we just take the water taxis)?

4) I have an Hard Rock All Access Card. Do you think that we will realistically be able upgrade our rooms (probably not, lol)?

5) Now the exact opposite, would asking for obstructed view rooms dramatically reduce the price of our stay?

6) Since we are staying on-site, do we have to pay the cover charges for late night CityWalk clubs and events?

7) I know that the parks close earlier in September, but will the pools stay open for the normal time (11pm)? Is it also true that we can use the pools of the other two on-site hotels?

8) From looking at Google maps of the hotel, it seems as if the closest off-site restaurants/shopping are Golden Corral, Walgreens, and Burger King at the corner of S Kirkman Rd and Vineland Rd. Is this within a reasonable walking distance (Google says only 15 minutes walking from the hotel, but is that true)? Are there other locations to eat or get cheap breakfast supplies off-site within walking distance?

I think that's it for now. I know that I will think of more closer to the trip. I like to be very prepared before going on any trip (you should have seen my itinerary and planning for our Las Vegas trip of 2008!).

Thank you for your help!

Lindsay

bubba's mom
08-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Here are my questions:

Thank you for your help!

Lindsay

1-you can request connecting rooms
2-?....i would ask them. idk if they can break up the charge or not...i would think so, but am not certain
3-we always left thru the pool...you need your roomkey to unlock the gate
4-don't have an AAC...can't help ya there...but you can always ask
5-obs view does save some $$...exactly how much, idk...but they are cheaper rate
6-idk about cover charges...we were either already in the restaurant or weren't there cuz of having kids w/ us
7-yes you can pool hop
8-there is a BK at CW (not sure if it serves breakfast or not) You can always go to the Boulangerie in the Studios for breakfast foods. We got a chocolate croissant, cheese danish (these are all HUGE sized too), chocolate muffin and another muffin for like $10...easily fed 4 of us. I do know across hwy behind PBH there is a TGIF attached to the Holiday Inn Express

Lindsay0385
08-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Thank you both for your help! We'll have to try the Boulangerie restaurant, it sounds good!

bubba's mom
08-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Thank you both for your help! We'll have to try the Boulangerie restaurant, it sounds good!

it's not a restaurant...it's cs...but they have some tables in there to sit at. The portion size is good for the $. I think until 10 or 11am you can even get a hot egg sandwich (on croissant?) or something along those lines? Know BIL was lookin to get something like that, but we were late morning...too close to lunch? I will have to remember to post pix...those are on my laptop downstairs....

There's also Croissant Moon in IOA for breakfast and a couple Cinnabons onsite. Think Pastamore serves some sort of breakfast.....(haven't eaten at tho).

Tiggr88
08-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Does anyone know if you get free wireless at HRH with All Access membership?

I know I read that you get free wireless with Loews First at the other two hotels, but thought I also read that you got it at HRH with All Access, but now can;t find it. Maybe I imagined it.

If not, does anyone know what the charge is for internet?

Thanks!

Tiggr88
08-18-2010, 10:49 PM
When I made my reservaton for HRH 8/24 - 9/1, I was told that they could guarantee connecting rooms if I had garden view, so I went with Garden View rooms. I've confirmed a couple of times since. We'll see what happens when we get there.

kevin harrison
08-19-2010, 03:05 AM

I know I read that you get free wireless with Loews First at the other two hotels, but thought I also read that you got it at HRH with All Access, but now can;t find it. Maybe I imagined it.

Thanks!

There is free wireless in the lobby, in room it is $9.99 for 24 hours.

SharkyGoddess
09-05-2010, 06:24 PM

Thanks!

I just checked the HRAA membership benefits page and it does not list wireless. We were told by a HR employee that there is free wireless in the hallways, lobby and pool area.

seadd67
09-06-2010, 04:18 PM
yep this Is true!. We had to pay In our room. But It was free In the lobby and by the pool.

cuddles
09-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Well made our reservation yesterday and already not impressed. They charged my credit card almost 70.00 more than they are supposed to. Yes I know the exchange rate makes a difference but not that much difference between US and Canadian dollars right now. Called reservations and not surprised they couldn't help me, said I have to call accounting back between 9- 5 tomorrow so not a good start but we will see what happens when I call tomorrow.

ladeedeb
09-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Well made our reservation yesterday and already not impressed. They charged my credit card almost 70.00 more than they are supposed to. Yes I know the exchange rate makes a difference but not that much difference between US and Canadian dollars right now. Called reservations and not surprised they couldn't help me, said I have to call accounting back between 9- 5 tomorrow so not a good start but we will see what happens when I call tomorrow.

I don't know if this would be the same case, but my deposit was larger than one night of my stay due to the difference in prices for each of the days, as well as discounts I received on the room. Maybe this is why it was higher than you expected? :confused3 Hope you get it taken care of. :wizard:

cuddles
09-14-2010, 02:27 PM
No it wasn't the hotel that put the extra charge on the credit card it was VISA!!! Apparently VISA holds 15% on top of the actual cost for incidentals!!!!
But I also asked HRH how much they hold for nightly incidentals when you check in and they said $200.00 a night!!!! That's crazy, that's an extra 1000.00 for the week on top of the room cost!!! Think we will be staying off site as that is crazy!!! Doubletree here we come, unless I win the lottery!

SharkyGoddess
09-14-2010, 02:31 PM
No it wasn't the hotel that put the extra charge on the credit card it was VISA!!! Apparently VISA holds 15% on top of the actual cost for incidentals!!!!
But I also asked HRH how much they hold for nightly incidentals when you check in and they said $200.00 a night!!!! That's crazy, that's an extra 1000.00 for the week on top of the room cost!!! Think we will be staying off site as that is crazy!!! Doubletree here we come, unless I win the lottery!

We're staying at HRH and there was only a one time deposit. :confused3

cuddles
09-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Yes we know there is only a one time deposit, it' s how much they are taking for a deposit that is in question and the funds they hold against your CC once you check in.

SharkyGoddess
09-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Yes we know there is only a one time deposit, it' s how much they are taking for a deposit that is in question and the funds they hold against your CC once you check in.

The amount held from your CC is only that which you are using (ie. room, wet bar, fridge, parking... etc) if you CHOOSE you can request extra be held for room charges and such, but they do not just keep $200 per night unless requested. So if you are not renting anything extra for the room, are not parking and do not take the wet bar key then you can request no extra fees be held. It is an option.

Personally it sounds as if you are trying to find reasons not to stay at HRH, so your decision to stay offsite is the best one for you. I wanted to make sure the correct information was posted for other people who are planning on staying.