PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Planner..

lyssaloo_luvsyoo
05-16-2011, 03:04 PM
hey! im new to these boards (this is my first post!) and a spring adv 2012 hopeful!!

anyways, im really considering applying for a vacation planner role but i havent been able to find much info other than that provided on the actual wdwcp website..

have any of you been a vacation planner?
what is the day to day job like?
is it hard to meet the sales goals?
how are the hours?

also, i have absolutely no experience n anything like this role..
ive only ever had one job and its in fast food..(subway. and qsfb is pretty much on the bottom of my list..)
but i have lots of experience with working with the public and on a register..
so do u have any tips as far as the interview process goes?

thanks for any info!!

aznshents
05-16-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm a Vacation Planner. I guess I'll tell you a bit about what I do.

First off, your training is very long. Be prepared to be trained about twice as long, maybe longer, as some of your other friends, especially if they're like ODF or QSFB. The training is fun, though! ( For me it was anyway. But I drove my trainers nuts.)

You sit in the ticket booths (AIR CONDITIONING!) and use Disney-taught sales processes to discover what the best-fit ticket is for a Guest, and then use the Automated Ticketing System computers to sell and print the tickets. You also do upgrades, activation of different tickets, Florida Resident tickets, etc.

Sometimes, you will be scheduled for MK Parade Audience Control, which means you will be providing crowd control along the parade route for the Magic Kingdom during the 3:00 parade. I find this to be a lot of fun, but then I'm a crazy people person, so a lot of the CP VPs have a love/hate relationship with it. If you have fun with it, it'll become your best friend.

If you sell well enough (i.e. average duration of days on your total tickets sold) you'll be rewarded based on the Vacation Planning reward system. It's quite excellent, I've had quite the payoff from this system. It is only meant to be a reward for doing well, not a detriment to only selling certain kinds of tickets. Your main goal is still finding the best-fit ticket for each Guest's vacation.

lyssaloo_luvsyoo
05-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the info!

So Was VP your first choice?
What kind of experience did u have before u applied..?
I think I'm mostly worried about getting it cause I have absolutely no experience n anything like it. But I'm willing to learn and I pick up quickly!
So hopefully they will give me a chance.. xx

Shae
05-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the info!

So Was VP your first choice?
What kind of experience did u have before u applied..?
I think I'm mostly worried about getting it cause I have absolutely no experience n anything like it. But I'm willing to learn and I pick up quickly!
So hopefully they will give me a chance.. xx

I'm in the same boat as you! Vacation planner is one of top roles but I don't have much experience in selling or even handling money. I am super organized and be a complete people person when necessary and I know I could do the job, I'm just not sure Disney will. :sad2: Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask you in your interview?

aznshents
05-21-2011, 12:26 AM
It's OK if you don't have experience, a lot of my coworkers didn't have any before they came here. The training will take care of ALL of that.

VP was actually not my first choice, it was my second, but I'm glad I got VP, I really enjoy it. It's no worries about whether you've done it or not before, just let them know it would be awesome to you to be (usually) the first face of Disney and to help people save money on tickets and tell them about the parks before they go in.

They asked me about previous interactions I've had with guests, give an example of a troublesome situation and how you handled it. It wasn't very specific and they'll probably ask you that anyway, but the more you can let them know you would like to do the things that Vacation Planners do the better, I believe!