View Full Version : Haunted Mansion movie

d-r
10-02-2002, 11:24 AM
Disney has a teaser poster for haunted mansion the movie up at:

http://www.haunted-mansion.com/

Jennifer Tilly is playing Madame Leota - don't know what that means

lrodk
10-11-2002, 11:31 PM
Animated Movies is reporting that Don Knotts will play the groundskeeper of the Haunted Mansion, Oscar-winning makeup designer Rick Baker will design some ghosties as well as Madame Leota's crystal ball FX, and production designer John Meyer is working on the film. The site goes on to describe the movie's title mansion as "a cursed New Orleans abode that houses 999 spirits aching to be set free

Tara8595
10-15-2002, 09:54 AM
I read in the Orlando Sentinel that it stars Eddie Murphy. *great* decision considering his last movie did *so* well at the box office.

Lesley
10-16-2002, 01:15 PM
You know, Eddie Murphy's movies may not be big hits anymore (sure, he peaked in the 80's) but the guy is still funny and much of his more recent stuff is pretty good family entertainment.

I don't really think its necessary to look for the biggest hottest star for a movie....the important thing is to get the person who will play the role the best (plus, the role itself has to be written well). It remains to be seen whether Eddie Murphy is really the right man for this job....but box office numbers do not necessarily reflect talent.

So, it will be based on Disneyland's Haunted Mansion style rather than WDW's? Hmmmm....interesting. I might see this one out of pure curiousity when its finished.

Which reminds me.....is Country Bears coming to video soon? Haven't seen it yet and I'm curious to see it for myself.

Tara8595
10-16-2002, 02:00 PM
Believe me - I'd much rather see Disney cast more unknowns for talent rather than name. I think it makes the movie more believable if you haven't seen or heard the person in a zillion other movies. Especially in animation. I can warm up to a character much more quickly if I see the character as the character and not the voice. Some people can pull this off, others can't. I mean, Mrs. Potts was Mrs. Potts, not Angela Lansbury - but compare that to the donkey in Shrek - I mean, that was definitely Eddie Murphy, not the donkey character.

Personally I'm getting really tired of John Goodman's voice in so many animated features. I can't believe he's doing the voice of Baloo. He was great as Pacha, but I can't see him doing Baloo at all. Doesn't sound anything like the original Baloo - you'd think Disney would try to find someone who sounded more like the original character, but no.

Anyhow... I'm ranting and off topic, so I'll quit typing now.