PDA

View Full Version : DDC Fantasy Baseball

Pages : [1] 2

ClearScreen
05-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Please post here with all Fantasy Baseball related talk, questions, etc.

I will also use this to update Fantasy Baseball standings, news and other information throughout the season.

ClearScreen

ClearScreen
05-11-2011, 11:00 AM
For future use.

AJRitz
05-11-2011, 11:18 AM
So this is where I come to gloat?
party:

BigTex71
05-11-2011, 11:27 AM
So this is where I come to gloat?
party:

Yes, so we can refer to it at the end of the season. ie. "Remember back when Aaron's team was good and he had the best record? Too bad it didn't last." :lmao:

afwdwfan
05-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Goofy Hustle checking in.

ClearScreen
05-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Yes, so we can refer to it at the end of the season. ie. "Remember back when Aaron's team was good and he had the best record? Too bad it didn't last." :lmao:

Yeah, what he said!

prattpak
05-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Hey look Im the last to post...just like the standings for my team!!!!! Tronorails present and beat down sir!!

jason4024
05-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Hey look Im the last to post...just like the standings for my team!!!!! Tronorails present and beat down sir!!

No surprise there - Your rockies arent doing much better...

ClearScreen
05-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Here are the Standings after Week 5:

Mickey ____________________W-L-T______Pct._____GB
Splash Mountaineers_________38-10-2 ____.780___ -
The Hittin' Mickeys__________26-19-5 ____.570___ 10.5
Goofy Hustle_______________21-24-5_____.470___ 15.5
Tiger Town Tiggers__________15-31-4_____.340____22
Tronorails__________________16-33-1____ .330____22.5

Goofy
PhineastoEzratoGus___________29-16-5_____.630____ -
The Incredibles______________29-19-2_____.600____1.5
The Yak 'n' Yankees__________25-22-3_____.530_____5
The Sorcerer's Bat___________20-27-3______.430____10
Winnie The Pujols____________17-28-5______.390____12

Donald
Epic Phillie__________________27-21-2______.560_____-
Baloo's Cubs________________23-25-2______.480_____4
Goofy Gray Sox______________23-27-0______.460_____5
JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ________21-28-1______.430_____6.5

Forgive the puns this week, I am in a rather jaunty mood. Anyway, here is the league update.

The Donald Division is as tight as ever and one week can jumble things up more than the words coming out of Donald Duck's mouth. Epic Phillie is not exactly looking like the real Phillies, but they are the only .500 team in that division. The 2-3-4 teams are only separated by 2.5 games. Baloo's Cubs and Jungle (Nelson) Cruz should have a natural rivalry given their affinity to the jungle. Maybe when the weather gets warmer, we'll see these two teams start doing the Jungle Boogie. The Goofy Gray Sox are just kind of hanging around saying "Gawrsh." They are apparently still waiting for their dream matchup with the Blue Sox.

In the Goofy Division, things are very tight between PhineastoEzratoGus and the Incredibles with the Yak 'n' Yankees not too far behind. This just in off the waiver wire: PhineastoEzratoGus has signed Perry the Platypus to provide them with some special "Secret Agent" help at the P position. Not to be outdone, The Incredibles are looking to sustain their own JackJack Attack and take over first place. They currently have a claim in for the Underminer, which I am not sure is 100% legal. THen again, they may be beneath PhineastoEzratoGus in the standings, but nothing is really beneath them.
The Yak 'n' Yankees have a slightly higher hill to climb to get to first place, but it is certainly not Mr. Everest. One good week for them could put them at the summit of this division. The Sorcerer's Bat and Winnie the Pujols will definitely need some magic or honey to get them jump-started.

The Mickey Division is being led by the Splash Modest, er, Mountaineers and their humble manager. They actually have a great team and a commanding lead (boy, it was hard to type that). The Hittin' Mickeys have found their stride after a slow start and now can be spotted in 2nd place. Goofy Hustle is waging a battle with .500 and losing - although Pete Rose is betting that they can turn things around. The Tiger Town Tiggers need to step up soon before this season gets "Re-Dikorous" for them and the Tronorails certainly don't want their Legacy to be that of a last place team.

OK, I'm done with the puns for the week. I think that covers everyone.

ClearScreen

afwdwfan
05-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Very nice update! :thumbsup2

I'm just excited that this week, my first pitching start of the week didn't put me in a hole before we ever got started. The last 2 weeks had been BRUTAL.

TigerTown
05-12-2011, 03:43 PM
My team was DoA this year...Hopefully I can pick it up. I really don't want to finish last;)

AJRitz
05-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Wow. My pitching has been brutal so far this week.

BigTex71
05-12-2011, 04:09 PM
I should rename my team "Off Constantly".

So when I lose I can rib the other team that they beat off constantly. :lmao::rotfl2:

dadio
05-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Hi fellas.....not in the league, actually not a hugh baseball fan, but figgured your guys were here......so I wanted to pass this along.....a clip on my 1st cousin and her husband...they were just married a few months back...enjoy!!!!

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=14691317&topic_id&c_id=chc&tcid=fb_video_14691317

ClearScreen
06-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Well, I haven't had time to post the results for a while, but here is how the league is shaping up at the Mid-Point in the season:

Mickey__________________________W-L-T__Pct_______GB
Splash Mountaineers_______________ 61-33-6 .640_______-
The Hittin' Mickeys________________ 58-34-8 .620_______ 2
Goofy Hustle______________________36-57-7 .395_______24.5
Tiger Town Tiggers_________________34-59-7 .375______ 26.5
Tronorails_________________________29-64-7 .325_______31.5

Goofy
PhineastoEzratoGus_________________62-29-9 .665_______-
The Incredibles____________________56-39-5 .585 _______8
The Yak 'n' Yankees________________55-39-6 .580________8.5
The Sorcerer's Bat_________________39-54-7 .425________24
Winnie The Pujols__________________34-58-8 .380________28.5

Donald
Baloo's Cubs______________________57-36-7 .605 ________-
Epic Phillie________________________47-48-5 .495 ________11
JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ______________45-50-5 .475_________13
Goofy Gray Sox____________________41-54-5 .435_________17

The Mickey Division is a tight 2-team race between these long time nemeses who both have strong lineups and should battle all year and both should end up in their "Laughing Place" aka the Playoffs.

The Goofy Division is shaping up as a 3-team race where any of those team cans take the lead with a big week.

Baloo's Cubs have taken control of the Donald Division for now as the only team above .500, but a good couple of weeks from any of the other 3 teams could turn that division around before Baloo wakes up from his nap.

ClearScreen

Pjimmeyer
06-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Phineas to Ezra to Gus checking in. :)

theduck619
06-19-2011, 03:42 PM
It's time for the Yak n Yankees to step it up

ClearScreen
07-18-2011, 01:01 PM
OK, almost 3/4 of the season is in the books and here is how the league looks:

Mickey _______________________W-L-T______Pct.____GB
Splash Mountaineers_____________92-49-9_____.643_____ -
The Hittin' Mickeys ______________83-56-11____.590_____ 8
Goofy Hustle___________________ 65-73-12_____.473 ____25.5
Tiger Town Tiggers______________54-89-7______.383_____39
Tronorails _____________________45-95-10_____.333 ____46.5

Goofy ________________________W-L-T______Pct.____GB
PhineastoEzratoGus______________95-43-12 ___.673 ____-
The Incredibles__________________77-62-11____.550 ___18.5
The Yak 'n' Yankees______________73-69-8_____.513____24
The Sorcerer's Bat______________ 66-76-8______.467 ___31
Winnie The Pujols_______________ 48-90-12____ .360 ____47

Donald _________________________W-L-T______Pct.____GB
Baloo's Cubs ____________________82-57-11 ___.583_____-
JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ ____________73-69-8 ____.513 ____10.5
Goofy Gray Sox __________________64-73-13 ___.470 ____17
Epic Phillie ______________________62-78-10 ____.447____20.5

The three division winners after Week 20 make the playoffs as do 3 Wildcards.

The Mickey Division has become a 2-team race between these two bitter rivals with the Splash Mountaineers increasing their lead by virtue of an undefeated Week 15. The Hittin' Mickeys look to knock them from their Laughing Place as these two teams should both be playoff bound. Also, Goofy Hustle is one good week away from being in a playoff position although their manager was just banned from Fantasy Baseball for betting that his son Max would get drafted this year. Late Breaking News: Goofy still has no idea who Max's Mom is.

The Goofy Division has become PhineastoEzratoGus' to lose with such commanding lead that Candace would not even begin trying to catch them. The Incredibles are still in good shape holding on to that second wildcard spot so they won't be forced to go into the superhero protection program. The Yak 'n Yankees are in a flat-footed tie with Jungle (NELSON) Cruz who have the edge over them by virtue of some obscure Wildcard tiebreaker involving Nepalese Sherpas being taller than the cannibals on the Jungle Cruise. The Sorcerer's Bat is also within striking distance of the last wildcard. We'll see if they can find some magic in their bat. Anyway, will a Yak Attack be forthcoming or will Jungle (NELSON) Cruz keep their hot streak going? Who the Beverly knows?

The Donald Division is still the tightest division, but Baloo's Cubs have opened up a nice lead at this point. The other teams are still in the hunt with Jungle (NELSON) Cruz making their move, albeit rather slowly along a scripted, pre-determined track filled with lots of corny jokes. A couple of good weeks from the Goofy Gray Sox or Epic Phillie could put them right in the wildcard race. A couple of bad weeks will have them longing for Fantasy Football.

Good luck to all,

ClearScreen

AJRitz
07-18-2011, 01:13 PM
OK, almost 3/4 of the season is in the books and here is how the league looks:

Mickey _______________________W-L-T______Pct.____GB
Splash Mountaineers_____________92-49-9_____.643_____ -
The Hittin' Mickeys ______________83-56-11____.590_____ 8
Goofy Hustle___________________ 65-73-12_____.473 ____25.5
Tiger Town Tiggers______________54-89-7______.383_____39
Tronorails _____________________45-95-10_____.333 ____46.5

Goofy ________________________W-L-T______Pct.____GB
PhineastoEzratoGus______________95-43-12 ___.673 ____-
The Incredibles__________________77-62-11____.550 ___18.5
The Yak 'n' Yankees______________73-69-8_____.513____24
The Sorcerer's Bat______________ 66-76-8______.467 ___31
Winnie The Pujols_______________ 48-90-12____ .360 ____47

Donald _________________________W-L-T______Pct.____GB
Baloo's Cubs ____________________82-57-11 ___.583_____-
JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ ____________73-69-8 ____.513 ____10.5
Goofy Gray Sox __________________64-73-13 ___.470 ____17
Epic Phillie ______________________62-78-10 ____.447____20.5

The three division winners after Week 20 make the playoffs as do 3 Wildcards.

The Mickey Division has become a 2-team race between these two bitter rivals with the Splash Mountaineers increasing their lead by virtue of an undefeated Week 15. The Hittin' Mickeys look to knock them from their Laughing Place as these two teams should both be playoff bound. Also, Goofy Hustle is one good week away from being in a playoff position although their manager was just banned from Fantasy Baseball for betting that his son Max would get drafted this year. Late Breaking News: Goofy still has no idea who Max's Mom is.

The Goofy Division has become PhineastoEzratoGus' to lose with such commanding lead that Candace would not even begin trying to catch them. The Incredibles are still in good shape holding on to that second wildcard spot so they won't be forced to go into the superhero protection program. The Yak 'n Yankees are in a flat-footed tie with Jungle (NELSON) Cruz who have the edge over them by virtue of some obscure Wildcard tiebreaker involving Nepalese Sherpas being taller than the cannibals on the Jungle Cruise. The Sorcerer's Bat is also within striking distance of the last wildcard. We'll see if they can find some magic in their bat. Anyway, will a Yak Attack be forthcoming or will Jungle (NELSON) Cruz keep their hot streak going? Who the Beverly knows?

The Donald Division is still the tightest division, but Baloo's Cubs have opened up a nice lead at this point. The other teams are still in the hunt with Jungle (NELSON) Cruz making their move, albeit rather slowly along a scripted, pre-determined track filled with lots of corny jokes. A couple of good weeks from the Goofy Gray Sox or Epic Phillie could put them right in the wildcard race. A couple of bad weeks will have them longing for Fantasy Football.

Good luck to all,

ClearScreen

Nice update Nemesis!

I'm glad (and plesasantly surprised) to see my Mountaineers coming out of the All-Star break so strong, given that my two best offensive players were out with injuries last week.

ClearScreen
07-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Nice update Nemesis!

I'm glad (and plesasantly surprised) to see my Mountaineers coming out of the All-Star break so strong, given that my two best offensive players were out with injuries last week.

Thanks!!

ClearScreen
09-05-2011, 09:53 AM
I know Fantasy Football is starting, but it is Fantasy Baseball Playoff time!

Here are the playoff brackets:

Quarterfinal

(1) PhineastoEzratoGus - Bye

Quarterfinal

(4) Baloo's Cubs

(5) The Incredibles

Quarterfinal

(3) The Hittin' Mickeys

(6) JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ

Quarterfinal

(2) Splash Mountaineers - Bye

JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ had a great least week to leapfrog over the Yak 'n Yankees for the final playoff spot. They face the Hittin' Mickeys who battled the Splash Mountaineers all year long for the Mickey Division crown. The Mountaineers held on and beat their nemesis by two games to capture the division and earn the first round bye.

The overall top seed, PhineastoEzratoGus, won the Goofy Division by a whopping 21 games over The Incredibles and get the other first round bye. The Incredibles will meet the winner of the Donald Division, Baloo's Cubs, in the other first round playoff matchup.

It was a great and exciting regular season and let's hope for the same in the playoffs!! Good luck to all!

ClearScreen

BigTex71
09-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Woo Hoo! My closed-door team meeting seemed to have lit a spark for my team to make a push for the playoffs. I hope they can pull off a 2010 SF Giants-like run in the playoffs.

ClearScreen
09-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Congratulations to JUNGLE(Nelson) Cruz for their see saw victory and upset of The Hittin' Mickeys. Clearly, the tribe of headhunters they picked up on waivers made all the difference. They will now face the 2nd-seeded Splash Mountaineers in the Nemesis side of the playoff bracket.

Also congratulations to The Incredibles for their hard fought victory over Baloo's Cubs. Troy Tulowitzki was truly Mr. Incredible for him last week - Dan Haren was pretty great also. He now faces the number one seed in PhineastoEzratoGus whose team name is the most difficult to type of any team I have ever typed.

Good luck to all!

ClearScreen

BigTex71
09-12-2011, 05:43 PM
My explanation for my win this week: even a blind mouse finds some cheese once in a while. :rotfl2:

AJRitz
09-12-2011, 10:16 PM
My explanation for my win this week: even a blind mouse finds some cheese once in a while. :rotfl2:

Enjoy it while it lasts Tex - you're going DOWN this week!

BigTex71
09-13-2011, 11:07 AM

Oh, I expect to. So if I somehow manage to win, that's just makes it that much sweeter! :rotfl:

ClearScreen
09-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Congratulations to The Incredibles and the Splash Mountaineers for making it to this week's Champinship game.

The 5th-seeded Incredibles beat the top seed, PhineastoEzratoGus, by virtue of an 8-0 whitewash, although the scores were very close within each scoring category. I guess Mr. Incredible stole the "Shutout-inator" and put it to good use.

They will face the 2nd-seeded Splash Mountaineers who squeaked by a very determined Jungle (Nelson) Cruz and his team of headhunters by the score of 6-4.

Will the Splash Mountaineers reach their Laughing Place?
Will The Incredibles unleash a Jack-Jack attack and take the title?

Either way, it should be a good one. Best of luck to both teams this week.

ClearScreen

BigTex71
09-20-2011, 04:24 PM

You were right! AT least it was close and not a shutout (like some other playoff game.) :rotfl2::thumbsup2

ClearScreen
09-29-2011, 09:34 AM
We have a winner!!! :cool1:

Congratulations to AJ and his Splash Mountaineers for winning the first DIS Dad's Fantasy Baseball Championship!!

It was a seesaw championship with AJ's team coming out ahead in the last day or two. Also, congrats to The Incredibles for their amazing playoff run knocking off a higher seed in every round until the championship.

Great season to all and look forward to doing it again next year.

ClearScreen

afwdwfan
03-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Figured it is about time to bring this old thread back to life. Spring Training has started and the season will be here soon.

ClearScreen
03-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Figured it is about time to bring this old thread back to life. Spring Training has started and the season will be here soon.

I was going to shoot an announcement out this weekend. I guess I can get started now.

Everyone in this league from last year please let me know if you want to do it again this year. IF you are out, please let me know that as well.

If you want to join the league, plesae PM me with your E-mail address and I will invite you if we have the room.

Chris

afwdwfan
03-02-2012, 03:40 PM
I was going to shoot an announcement out this weekend. I guess I can get started now.

Everyone in this league from last year please let me know if you want to do it again this year. IF you are out, please let me know that as well.

If you want to join the league, plesae PM me with your E-mail address and I will invite you if we have the room.

Chris

I'm in. Didn't know if you planned on hosting again or not, so I figured I'd just revive this thread to get some discussion going. I didn't mean to rush you into starting it early... sorry.:rolleyes1

theduck619
03-02-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm in. Didn't know if you planned on hosting again or not, so I figured I'd just revive this thread to get some discussion going. I didn't mean to rush you into starting it early... sorry.:rolleyes1

Sure you didn't :lmao:

ClearScreen
03-02-2012, 04:14 PM

No need to apologize.

Others have asked me as well.

I just had to get off my butt and do it. It's done now and I will send out invites once I see how many are in/out from last year.

Chris

BigTex71
03-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Looking forward to improving this year. Bring it!

theduck619
03-14-2012, 03:09 PM
I am pretty sure I missed the draft last night prepping for my review today :headache::headache:

ClearScreen
03-14-2012, 03:13 PM
I am pretty sure I missed the draft last night prepping for my review today :headache::headache:

Nope. Draft is on Monday, March 26, 2012.

We only have 7 teams so far. Need to have at least 12 for a real league.

If you are an intersted returnign owner and have not signed up yet, please do so ASAP.

If you would like to join, please PM me and I will invite you.

Chris

afwdwfan
03-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Has it been posted on the main thread? Might be some new dads who haven't found this one that might be interested in joining.

ClearScreen
03-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Has it been posted on the main thread? Might be some new dads who haven't found this one that might be interested in joining.

Yes, but I'll do it again.

afwdwfan
03-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Yes, but I'll do it again.

Sorry, I haven't had a whole lot of DIS time lately, so Ive missed tons of pages over there.

ClearScreen
03-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Sorry, I haven't had a whole lot of DIS time lately, so Ive missed tons of pages over there.

No worries! :thumbsup2

AirGoofy
03-14-2012, 06:43 PM

I'm in and drafting Manning first.

theduck619
03-14-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm in and drafting Manning first.

That just hurts :lmao:

I am sure 20 years from now you will be reminding me of this:headache:

AirGoofy
03-14-2012, 06:55 PM
That just hurts :lmao:

I am sure 20 years from now you will be reminding me of this:headache:

Isn't that what a good nemesis is for? I'm sure karma will pay me back in this draft. I'm going Jeter first pick.

theduck619
03-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Isn't that what a good nemesis is for? I'm sure karma will pay me back in this draft. I'm going Jeter first pick.

Don't you dare :scared1:

theduck619
03-19-2012, 05:05 PM
What time is the draft?

AirGoofy
03-19-2012, 07:30 PM
What time is the draft?

next Monday

theduck619
03-19-2012, 07:47 PM
next Monday

I understand that, I meant the actual time :confused3

AirGoofy
03-19-2012, 08:15 PM
I understand that, I meant the actual time :confused3

That's a whole week away. I can't plan that far ahead.

ClearScreen
03-19-2012, 09:54 PM
What time is the draft?

9:30EDT.

I may have to cancel it if we don't have more teams. Right now we only have 9. I have sent out many more invitations, but have gotten lukewarm response. I can't see doing a league without at least 12 owners.

Chris

baseballmickey
03-21-2012, 01:14 AM
sorry i am late.

i accepted my invite! I'm in!

I'll have a hard time drafting live if it's in the evening because I'll most likely be at work. Mine will then be on autopilot.

looking forward to a fun season!!

ClearScreen
03-21-2012, 09:46 AM
We now have 11 teams. Still need one more. If interested, please send me PM with your E-Mail address so I can invite you.

Chris

ClearScreen
03-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Ok, the divisions are set:

Mickey
- Mickey's Steamboats
- Yak n'n Yankees
- Splash Mountaineers
- The Hittin' Mickeys

Goofy
- BLT Goats
- Gray Sox
- Goofy Hustle
- JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ

Donald
- Baloo's Cubs
- Maelstrom Kingpins
- Epic Phillie
- PhineastoEzratoGus

Once again, the nemeses have been paired up in the Mickey Division - the Splash Mountaineers and the Hittin' Mickeys. This long rivalry will now continue for another season. Can the Splash Mountaineers - our returning champs - re-capture the magic again this year? The Yak 'n Yankees barely missed the playoffs last year, but were a very strong team in a Nepalese sherpa kind of way. Mickey's Steamboats better bring some color and a big whistle to compete here.

The Goofy division welcomes a couple of new teams to compete with our stalwart veterans, Goofy Hustle and JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ - our 4th place winner from last year. There has been some early confusion as to whether the BLT Goats are from Bay Lake Tower or if they have found a secret recipe on how to make bacon from goat. Clarification will be demanded or goat-bacon must be produced. Hopefully, the Gray Sox will learn How to Play Baseball very quickly because they won't be facing the Blue Sox this year.

Finally, the Donald division has last year's 3rd place winner, PhineastoEzratoGus, along with Baloo's Cubs and Epic Phillie, two veterans from last year's battles. They are joined by the Maelstrom Kingpins who hope to use their knowledge of Norwegian spruce to effectively build a roster.

Updates once the draft is finished.

AirGoofy
03-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Ok, the divisions are set:

Mickey
- Mickey's Steamboats
- Yak n'n Yankees
- Splash Mountaineers
- The Hittin' Mickeys

Goofy
- BLT Goats
- Gray Sox
- Goofy Hustle
- JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ

Donald
- Baloo's Cubs
- Maelstrom Kingpins
- Epic Phillie
- PhineastoEzratoGus

There has been some early confusion as to whether the BLT Goats are from Bay Lake Tower or if they have found a secret recipe on how to make bacon from goat. Clarification will be demanded or goat-bacon must be produced.

Goat bacon? No. I have emu summer sausage. These goats are from Bay Lake Tower and 1/3 are on vacation, 1/3 on DL, and the rest have never played fantasy baseball. But, we're gonna have some fun. It's like déjà vu all over again.

ClearScreen
04-03-2012, 08:13 PM
The full start to the season is almost upon us. Please check your lineups, make any free agent moves you want and have some fun!!

Chris

theduck619
04-04-2012, 05:46 AM
The full start to the season is almost upon us. Please check your lineups, make any free agent moves you want and have some fun!!

Chris

Nothing like the cracking sound of a bat and Red Sox fans crying :thumbsup2:lmao:

afwdwfan
04-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Let's go REDS!!!!

Added some depth on the mound, got Joey locked up, now if they can just find the money to keep BP around for a while...

Can't wait to be sitting behind the 1B dugout next Monday night when the Cards are in town. Last time I had seats in that section for a weeknight game against the Cards a fight broke out. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

theduck619
04-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Let's go REDS!!!!

Added some depth on the mound, got Joey locked up, now if they can just find the money to keep BP around for a while...

Can't wait to be sitting behind the 1B dugout next Monday night when the Cards are in town. Last time I had seats in that section for a weeknight game against the Cards a fight broke out. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

I haven't been to the new stadium. The last time I saw the Reds was in Riverfront and they had Chris Sabo, Barry Larkin, Hal Morris, Rob Dibble and Paul O'Neil :thumbsup2

AirGoofy
04-05-2012, 09:42 PM
I haven't been to the new stadium. The last time I saw the Reds was in Riverfront and they had Chris Sabo, Barry Larkin, Hal Morris, Rob Dibble and Paul O'Neil :thumbsup2

That was a great team. Can I still draft them?

ClearScreen
05-07-2012, 02:09 PM
After Week 5, the standings in the DIS Dads Fantasy Baseball League are as follows:

Mickey W-L-T Pct. GB
The Hittin' Mickeys 25-22-3 .530 -
Splash Mountaineers 25-24-1 .510 1
Mickey's Steamboats 22-24-4 .480 2.5
Yak n'n Yankees 16-32-2 .340 9.5

Goofy W-L-T Pct. GB
JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ 28-21-1 .570 -
Gray Sox 22-23-5 .490 4
BLT Goats 20-25-5 .450 6
Goofy Hustle 21-28-1 .430 7

Donald W-L-T Pct. GB
PhineastoEzratoGus 29-17-4 .620 -
Epic Phillie 30-20-0 .600 1
Baloo's Cubs 25-22-3 .530 4.5
Maelstrom Kingpins 21-26-3 .450 8.5

The top three teams in the Mickey division appear to be striving to reach some consistent level of mediocrity. The Hittin' Mickeys are becoming easier to spot having taken over first place the past few weeks. Their old nemesis, the Splash Mountaineers, have made a steep climb in recent weeks and soon hope to reach their laughing place without getting all wet. They are joined by Mickey's Steamboats and their solid, but monotone, team. THe last place team, the Yak 'n Yankees, were lost in the mountains of Nepal for the first few weeks, but their sherpa giude has thankfully returned them safely to the Fantasy website.

The Goofy Division features three tems with below .500 records. Jungle(Nelson) Cruz has sucessfully fended off a tribe of head hunters and corny jokes from tour guides to take control of first place. The Gray Sox and their all-Goofy roster are only just below .500 and are hoping for a little "How to" success from their friends on the Blue Sox. The BLT Goats are nipping on their heels (as goats are known to do) but still have not produced any goat-flavored bacon. Goofy Hustle is right in the middle of the dance there as well and you should not bet against them making a charge.

The Donald division appears to contain the powerhouse teams this year with 3 teams above .500. PhineastoEzratoGus is making full use of their "First-place-inator" so far. Epic Phillie is within just a single brush-stroke of first place and is also the only team in the league without a tie - whatever that means. Baloo's cubs are also going strong and, hopefully, will not resort to their lazy ways. The Maelstrom Kingpins have some rough seas ahead if they want to compete in this division.

AirGoofy
05-07-2012, 05:31 PM
After Week 5, the standings in the DIS Dads Fantasy Baseball League are as follows:

Mickey W-L-T Pct. GB
The Hittin' Mickeys 25-22-3 .530 -
Splash Mountaineers 25-24-1 .510 1
Mickey's Steamboats 22-24-4 .480 2.5
Yak n'n Yankees 16-32-2 .340 9.5

Goofy W-L-T Pct. GB
JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ 28-21-1 .570 -
Gray Sox 22-23-5 .490 4
BLT Goats 20-25-5 .450 6
Goofy Hustle 21-28-1 .430 7

Donald W-L-T Pct. GB
PhineastoEzratoGus 29-17-4 .620 -
Epic Phillie 30-20-0 .600 1
Baloo's Cubs 25-22-3 .530 4.5
Maelstrom Kingpins 21-26-3 .450 8.5

The top three teams in the Mickey division appear to be striving to reach some consistent level of mediocrity. The Hittin' Mickeys are becoming easier to spot having taken over first place the past few weeks. Their old nemesis, the Splash Mountaineers, have made a steep climb in recent weeks and soon hope to reach their laughing place without getting all wet. They are joined by Mickey's Steamboats and their solid, but monotone, team. THe last place team, the Yak 'n Yankees, were lost in the mountains of Nepal for the first few weeks, but their sherpa giude has thankfully returned them safely to the Fantasy website.

The Goofy Division features three tems with below .500 records. Jungle(Nelson) Cruz has sucessfully fended off a tribe of head hunters and corny jokes from tour guides to take control of first place. The Gray Sox and their all-Goofy roster are only just below .500 and are hoping for a little "How to" success from their friends on the Blue Sox. The BLT Goats are nipping on their heels (as goats are known to do) but still have not produced any goat-flavored bacon. Goofy Hustle is right in the middle of the dance there as well and you should not bet against them making a charge.

The Donald division appears to contain the powerhouse teams this year with 3 teams above .500. PhineastoEzratoGus is making full use of their "First-place-inator" so far. Epic Phillie is within just a single brush-stroke of first place and is also the only team in the league without a tie - whatever that means. Baloo's cubs are also going strong and, hopefully, will not resort to their lazy ways. The Maelstrom Kingpins have some rough seas ahead if they want to compete in this division.

The BLT Goats are getting ready to make a move - to the bottom. 3 on the DL and Marmol as my best RP. At least I can blame my stupidity on a power outage during the draft. That's my story ......

AJRitz
05-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Uh, Norm, I was on a ship in the Atlantic Ocean during the draft. I seem to be doing OK. :p

AirGoofy
05-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Uh, Norm, I was on a ship in the Atlantic Ocean during the draft. I seem to be doing OK. :p

Really, I dropped something off my desk onto power strip and had two autopicks before I could log back on. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

ClearScreen
09-10-2012, 03:07 PM
OK, it is playoff time for Fantasy Baseball. Our defending champs, the Splash Mountaineers, had a strong surge at the end to squeak into playoffs and get the fifth seed ahead of their nemesis, the Hittin' Mickeys. Not sure if they can ride this wave of momentum through the playoffs or end up crashing to earth and getting all wet. They will be facing Jungle Nelson Cruz in the first round whose team has fought through elephants and headhunters to arrive in this place.

PhineastoEzratoGus will be using their playoff-inator in their matchup against the Hittin' Mickeys whose team is disappearing faster than bacon and Dole Whips at a Disney Dad convention.

Epic Phillie and Mickey's Steamboats earned top seeds and byes in the first round as they were consistently the best teams all year.

Good luck to all. Here is the bracket:

Quarterfinal

(1) Epic Phillie
Bye

(4) JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ

vs

(5) Splash Mountaineers

(3) PhineastoEzratoGus

vs

(6) The Hittin' Mickeys

(2) Mickey's Steamboats
Bye

There are also Consolation brackets posted on the web site, so be sure to set your lineups.

Good luck to all!

ClearScreen
09-17-2012, 10:41 AM
The first round of the playoffs is in the books and the seeding has held to form. Jungle (NELSON) Cruz squeaked by the Splash Mountaineers 5-3 in a series could have gone either way. In the other first round game, PhineastoEzratoGus destroyed the Hittin' Mickeys 8-1. The Semifinals are as follows:

Semifinal

(1) Epic Phillie

vs.

(4) JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ

(3) PhineastoEzratoGus

vs.

(2) Mickey's Steamboats

There is also a nemesis battle for 5th place:

(5) Splash Mountaineers

vs.

(6) The Hittin' Mickeys

Also, we have the consolation bracket/seeding as follows:

Semifinal

(7) BLT Goats

vs.

(11) Maelstrom Kingpins

(9) Gray Sox

vs.

(8) Baloo's Cubs

11th Place Game

(10) Goofy Hustle

vs.

(12) Yak n'n Yankees

Good luck to all!

ClearScreen
10-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Congratulations to Jungle (Nelson) Cruz on their Championship for the 2012 Disney Dad's Fantasy Baseball season!!

They capped off their fine season with a big 6-4 win in the championship over PhineastoEzratoGus who overcame a slow start in the final to make it close in the end. Great job guys!!

In Third Place, the top seed Epic Phillie rebounded from their semi-final defeat with a convincing 8-0 win over Mickey's Steamboats.

As mentioned before, the Hittin' Mickeys won their 5th place game over their nemesis (and last year's champ) the Splash Mountaineers.

The BLT Goats finished strong and took 7th place over the Gray Sox. The Maelstrom Kingpins won a tough battle for 9th place over Baloo's Cubs. Finally, Goofy Hustle beat the Yak 'n Yankees to claim 11th place.

Thanks everyone for participating this year and here's looking forward to next season!!

Chris

afwdwfan
03-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Chris, are you planning to run the baseball league again this year?

I know we still have a few weeks, but I've been getting ready for a draft in another league tomorrow night, so I'm starting to get baseball on the brain. :rotfl2:

ClearScreen
03-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Chris, are you planning to run the baseball league again this year?

I know we still have a few weeks, but I've been getting ready for a draft in another league tomorrow night, so I'm starting to get baseball on the brain. :rotfl2:

I am so swamped at work that I can barely log on to the boards any more. THere is no way I can run the league again this year.

I still may participate (depending on schedule), but I can't be the commish. ANyone interested, please let me know.

Chris

afwdwfan
03-04-2013, 01:36 PM
I am so swamped at work that I can barely log on to the boards any more. THere is no way I can run the league again this year.

I still may participate (depending on schedule), but I can't be the commish. ANyone interested, please let me know.

Chris

I'd be willing to do it if nobody else wants to.

afwdwfan
03-06-2013, 09:50 AM
No activity here in a couple of days. Do we even have enough people interested in playing Fantasy Baseball this year to get something together? :confused3

jmwest
03-07-2013, 10:55 AM
I'm horrible at it (don't know much baseball outside my White Sox) but would be willing if you needed and extra person.

afwdwfan
03-07-2013, 10:58 AM
I'm horrible at it (don't know much baseball outside my White Sox) but would be willing if you needed and extra person.

Well, the interest seems to be a little tepid this year. Haven't heard from Chris in a couple of days and nobody else is talking about it. Unless the interest picks up, I doubt there's much point in having a league. :confused3

ClearScreen
03-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Well, the interest seems to be a little tepid this year. Haven't heard from Chris in a couple of days and nobody else is talking about it. Unless the interest picks up, I doubt there's much point in having a league. :confused3

Last year the interest was tepid as well. Very few teams even participated in the draft as most let it Autopick. I can grant you commish access, but there just doesn't seem much interest compared to football.

buzznina
03-11-2013, 03:21 PM
If you need another manager, I would be interested.

declansdad
03-12-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm interested in playing along. Is it a Yahoo pool?

afwdwfan
03-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Last year the interest was tepid as well. Very few teams even participated in the draft as most let it Autopick. I can grant you commish access, but there just doesn't seem much interest compared to football.

I'm going to post over at the other place and see if there's any interest there. Depending on what we come up with, it might be just as easy to start from scratch if we're going to have several new/different owners anyway. I'll see how many people we have interested and figure out what we've got.

Do you still want to play, even if you aren't commish?

trennr
03-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Is this a PPR league?
How much for Yardage?
Are QB TD's worth 6?

:offtopic: :lmao:

Sorry... I couldn't resist.

afwdwfan
03-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Is this a PPR league?
How much for Yardage?
Are QB TD's worth 6?

:offtopic: :lmao:

Sorry... I couldn't resist.

I'll take that as a "no." :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

afwdwfan
03-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Also, for anyone who is new, the league in the past has been a Yahoo league. I'm personally in a money league on ESPN and I like it, but I'm open to using any platform available if we do this thing.

Does anybody have a fantasy baseball host they feel strongly about, either in favor of or against?

BigTex71
03-12-2013, 01:36 PM
I am interested to play again this year. No preference to where it is hosted, but prefer something free. :)

middlepat
03-12-2013, 03:43 PM
I'll play again, but I would prefer any site where there is an iPhone app that works well for the league. I find that the train ride into work each morning is a good time to review lineups / players.

afwdwfan
03-12-2013, 03:56 PM
I'll play again, but I would prefer any site where there is an iPhone app that works well for the league. I find that the train ride into work each morning is a good time to review lineups / players.
Hmmm... did Yahoo have a good app? :confused3

I do know ESPN has one. It isn't great for reading up on players and doing research/comparisons between players on your team and on the waiver wire, but it works pretty well for making line up changes and adding players if needed.

At least that's my take on the Android version of it. I'm sure iPhone is aobut the same.

middlepat
03-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Hmmm... did Yahoo have a good app? :confused3

I do know ESPN has one. It isn't great for reading up on players and doing research/comparisons between players on your team and on the waiver wire, but it works pretty well for making line up changes and adding players if needed.

At least that's my take on the Android version of it. I'm sure iPhone is aobut the same.

Yahoo's was OK. Similar to what you described for ESPN. Either one would be fine by me.

jmwest
03-12-2013, 04:30 PM
I will renew my interest here if you get this going. What are you look for 8, 10, or more?

AJRitz
03-12-2013, 10:58 PM
I don't make it over to this side too often anymore, but I'd be up for giving Fantasy Baseball another go. (Looking for results more like two years ago than last year . . .)

afwdwfan
03-13-2013, 07:25 AM
I'd be good with 8 or 10, either one. We actually had 12 last year and I"m good with that too as long as we have an even number of owners who are willing to stay active, that's the most important detail.

I think we've got enough interest to get something together. I still want to hear from Clearscreen and see if he is still interested in playing even if he can't be commish.

Still looking for any feedback on which site to host it through. Like I said, I personally like ESPN, but unless there's any kind of feedback on it, we'll probably just stick with Yahoo since that's where we've been and most of us probably already have an account there and are familiar with it.

afwdwfan
03-13-2013, 07:42 AM
Just to keep track of where we are...

Expressed interest in playing 2013
afwdwfan
jmwest
buzznina
declansdad
BigTex71
middlepat
AirGoofy
AJRitz
jason4024
Clearscreen

Played in 2012, but have not yet confirmed interest this year
theduck619
thheaton
patkingpin
baseballmickey
pjimmeyer

mm1971
03-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Just to keep track of where we are...

afwdwfan
jmwest
buzznina
declansdad
BigTex71
middlepat
AirGoofy
AJRitz
jason4024
Clearscreen

theduck619
thheaton
patkingpin
baseballmickey
pjimmeyer

As I have never played, not sure how it works. I have a 12 (soon to be 13)year old that can quote stats and know what he is doing so I am up for a little challenge. I assume the winner is entitled to Dole Whips from the losers or something like that.

twokids0204
03-13-2013, 03:34 PM
I may join... I know NOTHING about who plays for who, etc... so I am an easy mark.

I'll read up a bit though.

afwdwfan
03-13-2013, 03:45 PM
As I have never played, not sure how it works. I have a 12 (soon to be 13)year old that can quote stats and know what he is doing so I am up for a little challenge. I assume the winner is entitled to Dole Whips from the losers or something like that.

I may join... I know NOTHING about who plays for who, etc... so I am an easy mark.

Ok, thanks guys.

I sent an e-mail out to the ones who played last year that I haven't heard from yet. Hoping to get an answer from them one way or the other in the next day or so. Since they've played before, they'll get priority, then it will be first come first serve. I'd like to be at around 8 - 12 teams, but I think we could go to 14teams as long as there's enough interest, but I don't think it is even possible to really go any more than that.

middlepat
03-13-2013, 09:29 PM

Hey Brian. Load up on Expos. The look good this year.

buzznina
03-14-2013, 12:11 AM
Yahoo or ESPN would be okay, I have played on Yahoo, but would be interested in playing ESPN to see how it is.

afwdwfan
03-14-2013, 07:18 AM
Updating the list that was posted yesterday...

afwdwfan
jmwest
buzznina
declansdad
BigTex71
middlepat
AirGoofy
AJRitz
jason4024
Clearscreen
thheaton

patkingpin
baseballmickey
pjimmeyer

Also interested...
mm1971
twokids0204

I'll go ahead and work on getting a 14 team league set up hopefully sometime today. I'll PM the info to the ones on the top list. If the ones on the middle list don't get in touch with me in next couple of days, we'll start inviting the ones from the bottom list and anyone else who might express interest in playing on a first come first served basis.

afwdwfan
03-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Still a work in progress, but just FYI...

I mentioned earlier that I'd probably go with a Yahoo league, but as I've sat down and started playing around, I think I'm going to set up an ESPN league instead. I'm a little more familiar with their set up, and it seems to be something that we'll have more flexibility to customize to our liking. I'm going to set this league up almost identical to a money league I play in, and then once everyone signs up, we can discuss any categories that we might want to add/remove. It won't be much different from the DDC baseball league last year, but just more stat categories.

afwdwfan
03-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Yahoo or ESPN would be okay, I have played on Yahoo, but would be interested in playing ESPN to see how it is.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I couldn't find where you've been issued an official DisDads number yet.

I don't have a problem with you joining us, but you're going to have to go over to the current DisDads thread here (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3067512) and get a number from Randall first.:thumbsup2

And don't forget to bring bacon.

twokids0204
03-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Hey Brian. Load up on Expos. The look good this year.

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

I got Gary Carter as my #1 pic... hope no one else scoops him up.

declansdad
03-14-2013, 11:28 AM

I think you are safe with that pic. Bill Lee is still pitching in Vermont I think, you would have a pretty good battery with the two of them. :lmao:

afwdwfan
03-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Invitations to an ESPN fantasy league have been sent out to the following individuals:

jmwest
declansdad
BigTex71
middlepat
AirGoofy
AJRitz
jason4024
Clearscreen
thheaton

If you see your name up there, but didn't receive anything, let me know. Additionally, if you received a PM from me, disregard it, because it apparently didn't work.

Try to sign in as soon as you can so we can make sure everything is working and then fill in the rest of the open teams.

Thanks!

Still waiting to hear from:
patkingpin
baseballmickey
pjimmeyer

Next invitations (based on first come, first served) will go out to:
buzznina - and I apologize for my oversight earlier... did more research and saw that you're Disdad #89. :thumbsup2
mm1971
twokids0204

thheaton
03-14-2013, 04:59 PM
At first the link I got by email didn't work. My email blocks images initially and after I enable the images for some reason the link worked. I have no idea why that changed things but it worked.:confused3

sgtpet
03-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Any chance of getting in this year?

afwdwfan
03-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Ok, 10 teams have been invited as of now. I'm still waiting on the following owners who have received an invite to join:

jmwest
BigTex71
jason4024

We have 4 more invitations to go out. Priority will go to players from last year:

patkingpin
baseballmickey
pjimmeyer

I've sent e-mails to these individuals, so if I don't hear anything by Monday, I'll go on to the rest of the new players.

And then new players who have asked to join:

buzznina - even if all old players sign up, you're in. I just need an e-mail to send the invite.
mm1971
twokids0204

afwdwfan
03-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Any chance of getting in this year?

Well, possibly. Do you have a DisDads Club number?

Right now, you're probably on the outside looking in, but I can get you on the waiting list if we have a couple of guys that end up not playing.

mm1971
03-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Ok, 10 teams have been invited as of now. I'm still waiting on the following owners who have received an invite to join:

jmwest
BigTex71
jason4024

We have 4 more invitations to go out. Priority will go to players from last year:

patkingpin
baseballmickey
pjimmeyer

I've sent e-mails to these individuals, so if I don't hear anything by Monday, I'll go on to the rest of the new players.

And then new players who have asked to join:

buzznina - even if all old players sign up, you're in. I just need an e-mail to send the invite.
mm1971
twokids0204

What...Hey....Oh....Man, how did that Buzz guy sneak in there.:rotfl2::rotfl2: I say you kick 'em all out for not responding.:thumbsup2

I may be off line later tonight and tomorrow. If I get a slot, I'll register on Sunday. Is Dice K still available? I enjoy watching 6 hour baseball games.:lmao::lmao:

afwdwfan
03-15-2013, 12:41 PM
What...Hey....Oh....Man, how did that Buzz guy sneak in there.:rotfl2::rotfl2: I say you kick 'em all out for not responding.:thumbsup2

I may be off line later tonight and tomorrow. If I get a slot, I'll register on Sunday. Is Dice K still available? I enjoy watching 6 hour baseball games.:lmao::lmao:

I won't do anything until Monday. I don't know about patkingpin and pjimmeyer. I'm assuming they won't reply since neither has been online in a while, but baseballmickey is usually around so I want to make sure he gets in if he wants. I'm going to assume at this point that we'll probably have room for you and Brian, but I'll probably wait until Monday to send the invites. If you want to go ahead and PM me with your e-mail that would be fine though. :thumbsup2

BigTex71
03-15-2013, 04:21 PM

Almost forgot about Gary. But maybe I will stick with my #1 choice: Mario Mendoza.

buzznina
03-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I couldn't find where you've been issued an official DisDads number yet.

I don't have a problem with you joining us, but you're going to have to go over to the current DisDads thread here (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3067512) and get a number from Randall first.:thumbsup2

And don't forget to bring bacon.

I signed in a couple years back and sort of forgot about it:guilty: I replied to your private message with my email, hope that helps.

buzznina
03-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Invitations to an ESPN fantasy league have been sent out to the following individuals:

jmwest
declansdad
BigTex71
middlepat
AirGoofy
AJRitz
jason4024
Clearscreen
thheaton

If you see your name up there, but didn't receive anything, let me know. Additionally, if you received a PM from me, disregard it, because it apparently didn't work.

Try to sign in as soon as you can so we can make sure everything is working and then fill in the rest of the open teams.

Thanks!

Still waiting to hear from:
patkingpin
baseballmickey
pjimmeyer

Next invitations (based on first come, first served) will go out to:
buzznina - and I apologize for my oversight earlier... did more research and saw that you're Disdad #89. :thumbsup2
mm1971
twokids0204

This is exactly why I should read all following posts before replying, I did a Goofy-ism.

buzznina
03-16-2013, 03:40 PM

That hurt my feelings, but maybe you can help me. Does that minor league team the RedSox still play in Massachusetts? Was that a good response:rotfl:

mm1971
03-18-2013, 10:11 AM
That hurt my feelings, but maybe you can help me. Does that minor league team the RedSox still play in Massachusetts? Was that a good response:rotfl:

Yes, Boston to be exact. The oldest ball park in the US. If we get lucky this season we may take 3rd place in the division. On a positive note, our soccer team across the pond is only borrowing $30M this quarter. :scared:

Are the Marlins still trading all their good players to other teams? :rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao: I thought our management was bad.

Glad to have you back on the boards. Good luck.

declansdad
03-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Yes, Boston to be exact. The oldest ball park in the US. If we get lucky this season we may take 3rd place in the division. On a positive note, our soccer team across the pond is only borrowing $30M this quarter. :scared:

Are the Marlins still trading all their good players to other teams? :rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao: I thought our management was bad.

The Marlins have good players? Are you looking for someone for the farm team?

afwdwfan
03-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Well, they did 12 months ago. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

mm1971
03-18-2013, 10:59 AM

Well, they did 12 months ago. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

With the way the Red Sox hold down talent to keep them from reaching arbitration, our farm team may be better than both the Red Sox and Marlins.:mad:

In Miami, even CJ is on the DL.:sad2::rotfl2::lmao:

afwdwfan
03-19-2013, 07:58 AM
All invitations have been sent out for a 14 team league. I'm still waiting on about 4 team owners to sign in and get their team registered. Please do this asap so that you can vote on a draft time and we can get it set.

patkingpin
03-19-2013, 09:12 AM
Hey guys, sorry I haven't replied. I won't be in this year, so feel free to give my slot to someone else. I just don't have the time to keep up with it and I think I did a horrible job last year at keeping up.
Thanks for thinking of me!

twokids0204
03-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Uggg... work's really got me busy.

Sorry for causing such a kerfuffle (that's the first time I've ever typed that word). Please continue on without me.

afwdwfan
03-20-2013, 09:38 PM

Sorry for causing such a kerfuffle (that's the first time I've ever typed that word). Please continue on without me.

Its ok, just sign up. If I have to replace you that will be an even bigger kerfuffle. (wow, that word even made it pat auto correct)

ClearScreen
03-20-2013, 09:47 PM

Its ok, just sign up. If I have to replace you that will be an even bigger kerfuffle. (wow, that word even made it pat auto correct)

We have a kerfuffle!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXFKPcEfigk

afwdwfan
03-22-2013, 12:46 PM

Brian, we'd still like to have you if you want to play. If you get a chance, get your team signed up and we'll be drafting next week.

Otherwise, if this kerfuffle is going to continue, I guess we need to find one more owner quick... If you aren't signed up, and interested in playing, speak up!

AirGoofy
03-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Brian, we'd still like to have you if you want to play. If you get a chance, get your team signed up and we'll be drafting next week.

Otherwise, if this kerfuffle is going to continue, I guess we need to find one more owner quick... If you aren't signed up, and interested in playing, speak up!

If you want to drop me for an even team number, then I will fall on that fantasy sword

afwdwfan
03-22-2013, 03:48 PM
If you want to drop me for an even team number, then I will fall on that fantasy sword

I really don't want to do that, if we don't have to. I guess we could always go odd numbers, but then we're going to have someone with a bye every week...

Also, I just figured out how to change divisions, so if anyone is in Platypus Division and wants to move to Penguin, or vice versa, I can do that as long as we have another team to move the opposite direction.

buzznina
03-22-2013, 08:43 PM

Me! A Marlins fan:eek: No!!! I am a transplanted Detroiter, really miss being able to catch a game or two of the 4 major sports during the year.

twokids0204
03-23-2013, 08:28 AM

Sorry, as I said... been really busy at work and home lately... wasn't on the boards at all yesterday... barley made it on line.

Please continue on without me...

Sorry...

afwdwfan
03-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Ok, I guess we need to find one more then. Any volunteers???

baseballmickey
03-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Just wanted to apologize for the delay in getting signed up. Looking forward to a great fantasy season (since I don't have much hopes for a great reality season.)

Good luck everyone!!

afwdwfan
03-25-2013, 06:57 AM
Ok, guys. I have the draft set for Thursday night at 9pm Eastern. We need to get one more team signed up and registered before then, or we're going to have to make a decision. We can either cut a team to get it back to 12 and have an even number, or we can play with 13 teams and someone will have a bye every week.

If you're thinking about playing and want to give it a try, please let me know either in this thread or by PM. If you guys know anybody who might not be coming around the forums much anymore that might be interested, send them on over.

Thanks!

afwdwfan
03-26-2013, 11:03 AM
The league settings have been changed. I've removed the team that would have been Brian's, so we're ready to go for the draft. Unfortunately, that leaves us with an odd number of teams. This shouldn't be a problem as far as the management of the league goes, but it does mean that someone will have a bye every week of the season.

Now, if we have someone who has been thinking about playing Fantasy Baseball that comes forward in the next day or so I can easily add that team back in and we can have even numbers, but for right now this will be our best option to ensure that we are ready to go for the draft Thursday night.

AJRitz
03-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Andy, my schedule is looking crazy - even the draft is taking place during a podcast recording. Rather than have an unbalanced league, how about this - if you find someone to add to the league, I'll stay. If you don't find someone to add by a couple of hours before the draft, go ahead and delete my team and proceed without me and with an even number of teams.

mm1971
03-28-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm taking Mo Vaghn in the first round. What? He doesn't play anymore?http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sad055.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Good luck tonight Dads!

afwdwfan
03-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Andy, my schedule is looking crazy - even the draft is taking place during a podcast recording. Rather than have an unbalanced league, how about this - if you find someone to add to the league, I'll stay. If you don't find someone to add by a couple of hours before the draft, go ahead and delete my team and proceed without me and with an even number of teams.

Aaron, are you sure you want out? So far, not looking good for another team to join.

I do apologize for scheduling the draft on a podcast night. I thought about that at the time, but this just turned out to be the time that seemed to work the best for the most people.

AJRitz
03-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Aaron, are you sure you want out? So far, not looking good for another team to join.

I do apologize for scheduling the draft on a podcast night. I thought about that at the time, but this just turned out to be the time that seemed to work the best for the most people.

It OK Andy. As much as I enjoy it, with the podcast moving to twice/week here in just a couple of weeks, my computer time is going to be approaching maxxed out anyway. I'd rather be out now and have you guys have a stable league of regular participants than a weirdly-scheduled league with one team that's only appropriately cared for occassionally.

ClearScreen
03-28-2013, 02:58 PM
It OK Andy. As much as I enjoy it, with the podcast moving to twice/week here in just a couple of weeks, my computer time is going to be approaching maxxed out anyway. I'd rather be out now and have you guys have a stable league of regular participants than a weirdly-scheduled league with one team that's only appropriately cared for occassionally.

I just lost my nemesis...:(

afwdwfan
03-28-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm going to go ahead and remove the Tri-State Fedoras (awesome team name, by the way) now so that I'll have time to fix it if there are any problems as a result of doing so. :(

AirGoofy
03-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Ready to draft tonight.

Did Pete Rose get reinstated yet? :confused3

afwdwfan
03-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Ready to draft tonight.

Did Pete Rose get reinstated yet? :confused3

He will be managing Goofy Hustle. :thumbsup2

mm1971
03-29-2013, 01:46 PM
Woo-hoo, my team is awe........well, no not awesome.......gre.........nope, not great.......what is the word I'm looking for........>Full, yes that's it. My roster is full.:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

Now if I can just figure out how it works I may have a shot of winning a game or two. Good luck guys!

AirGoofy
03-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Woo-hoo, my team is awe........well, no not awesome.......gre.........nope, not great.......what is the word I'm looking for........>Full, yes that's it. My roster is full.:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

Now if I can just figure out how it works I may have a shot of winning a game or two. Good luck guys!

You could have spotted me the first 10 picks and I still would screw it up. I have a full roster, minus a backup catcher.

afwdwfan
03-29-2013, 09:35 PM
You could have spotted me the first 10 picks and I still would screw it up. I have a full roster, minus a backup catcher.

No point wasting rooster space on back up catchers.

Heck a backup might be better than my starter.

AirGoofy
03-30-2013, 08:20 AM
No point wasting rooster space on back up catchers.

Heck a backup might be better than my starter.

My strategy was to at least have a player in as many roster spots as possible for every game.

mm1971
03-30-2013, 01:56 PM

You need a back up?:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I had to auto pick the first 6 or so. Computer was not cooperating. That may have helped me.

I'm still trying to figure out how the whole subbing thing works.

afwdwfan
03-30-2013, 01:59 PM
You need a back up?:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I had to auto pick the first 6 or so. Computer was not cooperating. That may have helped me.

I'm still trying to figure out how the whole subbing thing works.

Well you can change your line up every day. Should be able to change any player up to the first pitch of their game.

Unless you just can't figure out how to move them from bench to a position...

mm1971
03-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Well you can change your line up every day. Should be able to change any player up to the first pitch of their game.

Unless you just can't figure out how to move them from bench to a position...

No I got the moving them in and out part. So basically you can change any position any time and your total score for the week determines win/loss? I guess I'm confused on the match up thing. How do you know if you won?

afwdwfan
03-30-2013, 02:47 PM
No I got the moving them in and out part. So basically you can change any position any time and your total score for the week determines win/loss? I guess I'm confused on the match up thing. How do you know if you won?

Yes, you can start one player in each position everyday. The only limit is that you can only have 10 starts by pitchers each week. Relief appearances don't count against the 10 start limit. That just applies to a starting pitcher actually starting his game.

The scoring is done so that you have a seven day week against another team. Whichever team has the most points at the end of the week gets a W, the other team gets the L. It is pretty similar to how most fantasy football leagues are done.

AirGoofy
03-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Andy, do we need to move a SP to a P for them to count?

afwdwfan
03-31-2013, 10:03 AM
Andy, do we need to move a SP to a P for them to count?

No, the P spot just allows for you to start 4 RP, or you can use those slots to start an SP if you have more than 3 on your roster scheduled to make a start on the same day. It doesn't matter where you put them on your roster, it just matters how they're used in the game. It all scores the same way.

mm1971
04-02-2013, 07:39 AM
No, the P spot just allows for you to start 4 RP, or you can use those slots to start an SP if you have more than 3 on your roster scheduled to make a start on the same day. It doesn't matter where you put them on your roster, it just matters how they're used in the game. It all scores the same way.

So I have no pitchers on the bench. All are either in an SP, P or RP spot. This means that all of them are active the whole time and I will get point if they pitch that day?

I guess I need to go look for another pitcher or two to use when others are not pitching. Already noticed my lack of a back up at 3B. Off to the waiver wire.

afwdwfan
04-02-2013, 08:38 AM
So I have no pitchers on the bench. All are either in an SP, P or RP spot. This means that all of them are active the whole time and I will get point if they pitch that day?
::yes::

I guess I need to go look for another pitcher or two to use when others are not pitching. Already noticed my lack of a back up at 3B. Off to the waiver wire.
Definitely. You're allowed to have up to 4 RP and I'd probably try to make sure you have that many. There probably aren't many good closers left to be had, but remember that Holds get points too, so a good set up type reliever is just about as valuable. Having those relievers is a good thing, as long as you find good quality relievers, because they'll have an opportunity to pitch just about every day. As we've said about starters, you can have up to 10 starts per week, so while you're probably not going to be able to get to 10 starts most week, you'll want to get around 6 - 8 or so. Right now I have 4 RP and 6 SP on my team.

As far as position players goes, I basically have a starter for each position, and I try to find guys who are 1B/3B eligible and 2B/SS eligible so that I can plug them in without using too many bench spots. They aren't always the best bat available there, but it does give you a lot more offensive flexibility. I'm just sharing what I do though, because everyone has their own system, so I'm sure you'll get differing opinions from others.

mm1971
04-02-2013, 08:46 AM

Definitely. You're allowed to have up to 4 RP and I'd probably try to make sure you have that many. There probably aren't many good closers left to be had, but remember that Holds get points too, so a good set up type reliever is just about as valuable. Having those relievers is a good thing, as long as you find good quality relievers, because they'll have an opportunity to pitch just about every day. As we've said about starters, you can have up to 10 starts per week, so while you're probably not going to be able to get to 10 starts most week, you'll want to get around 6 - 8 or so. Right now I have 4 RP and 6 SP on my team.

As far as position players goes, I basically have a starter for each position, and I try to find guys who are 1B/3B eligible and 2B/SS eligible so that I can plug them in without using too many bench spots. They aren't always the best bat available there, but it does give you a lot more offensive flexibility. I'm just sharing what I do though, because everyone has their own system, so I'm sure you'll get differing opinions from others.

I'm using the "cross my finger and hope" strategy.:rotfl2::rotfl2: Actually my DS will help me. he was :mad: that I didn't let him draft the players in the first place.

buzznina
04-15-2013, 10:40 AM
That was a weird game against the Dingers, first 3 days built an 80+ point lead then was a few points behind after the next 3 days before pulling it out yesterday.

mm1971
04-15-2013, 01:31 PM
That was a weird game against the Dingers, first 3 days built an 80+ point lead then was a few points behind after the next 3 days before pulling it out yesterday.

Yeah, I'm still getting the hang of this substitution thing. Missed a day in there where I should have made a few changes. Congrats on the win. Now off to find another pitcher.:lmao::lmao:

afwdwfan
04-16-2013, 07:13 AM
Well, there will tend to be big swings in the score depending on when pitchers are played. A pitcher having a great game can score almost as much in one day as your batters on a normal day. If you have pitchers going early in the week and they just have a so/so outing and the team you're playing against has their pitchers go late in the week and they do well, a lead will disappear in a hurry.

declansdad
04-16-2013, 07:40 AM
Well, there will tend to be big swings in the score depending on when pitchers are played. A pitcher having a great game can score almost as much in one day as your batters on a normal day. If you have pitchers going early in the week and they just have a so/so outing and the team you're playing against has their pitchers go late in the week and they do well, a lead will disappear in a hurry.

even on the very last day. :headache:

jmwest
04-16-2013, 09:37 AM
In case you guys haven't noticed, my team stinks. Starting to feel like the Cubs.

buzznina
05-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Man! The Platypus division sure looks like it is going to be a tight race, with teams knocking each other off:worried: I have blew one game by not keeping an eye on days my SPs pitch, trying not to let it happen again:)

AirGoofy
05-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Finally won a couple games.

buzznina
05-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Congrats to JMWest, getting their first "W":thumbsup2

jmwest
05-20-2013, 11:54 AM

Yeah, thanks for the birthday present Norm!

mm1971
05-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Man! The Platypus division sure looks like it is going to be a tight race, with teams knocking each other off:worried: I have blew one game by not keeping an eye on days my SPs pitch, trying not to let it happen again:)

Just can't seem to squeak another win out. Always seems like I lose it on Sunday. I think I need to scour the waiver wire for pitchers in a Sunday rotation.:rotfl2::rotfl2: Started out so well too.

Nice W. Now get in the game and do it again.:thumbsup2 Just not if you play the Dingers.

AirGoofy
05-20-2013, 01:36 PM

Yeah, thanks for the birthday present Norm!

I've only one won Fantasy League in my entire life. I am an easy W. Happy Birthday.

AirGoofy
06-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Second to last. :crazy2:

declansdad
06-06-2013, 01:23 PM

But not last. :thumbsup2

mm1971
06-06-2013, 02:30 PM

But not last. :thumbsup2

Funny, but it looks like most of us are second to last. :lmao::lmao: It's a pretty close group. One win either way could make all the difference.

afwdwfan
06-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Funny, but it looks like most of us are second to last. :lmao::lmao: It's a pretty close group. One win either way could make all the difference.

Although there are a couple of teams that seem to be doing a little bit better than the pack...

Competitive league top to bottom though.:thumbsup2

mm1971
06-06-2013, 02:43 PM

Although there are a couple of teams that seem to be doing a little bit better than the pack...

Competitive league top to bottom though.:thumbsup2

I spend more time managing the DL on my team than anything else. It seems I always have someone out. Right now I have 3 pitcher and one positional player on the DL. Is there a trophy at the end for the most medical problems.:lmao::lmao:

afwdwfan
06-06-2013, 03:27 PM
I spend more time managing the DL on my team than anything else. It seems I always have someone out. Right now I have 3 pitcher and one positional player on the DL. Is there a trophy at the end for the most medical problems.:lmao::lmao:

Gets frustrating sometimes...

I'm in another league on ESPN that actually has some money on it. Of course that is the league I'm really struggling in. In that league, I have both DL spots full, another 3 benched position players on DL and another 2 pitchers on the DL. And I've also got Peavy listed DTD and who will likely end up on the DL. The bad thing is, my DL players are mostly good enough players that you really can't cut them just to fill a spot for a few weeks. :faint:

declansdad
06-06-2013, 03:29 PM

I'm in another league on ESPN that actually has some money on it. Of course that is the league I'm really struggling in. In that league, I have both DL spots full, another 3 benched position players on DL and another 2 pitchers on the DL. And I've also got Peavy listed DTD and who will likely end up on the DL. The bad thing is, my DL players are mostly good enough players that you really can't cut them just to fill a spot for a few weeks. :faint:

Hate when that happens.

jmwest
06-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Nobody needs to pretend that my team is competitive. I keep struggling to get to 200 pts and see other teams putting up 300-400. I don't think my guys would put up that many if you compiled each of their best weeks together. Now my team has a bunch of broken arms on the DL. Strasburg and Upton are killing me. Maybe it's because I never gave them a proper name.

mm1971
06-06-2013, 08:04 PM

Hate when that happens.

I feel your pain. At least it's a long season and there's time to make up some ground when they get back.

mm1971
06-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Nobody needs to pretend that my team is competitive. I keep struggling to get to 200 pts and see other teams putting up 300-400. I don't think my guys would put up that many if you compiled each of their best weeks together. Now my team has a bunch of broken arms on the DL. Strasburg and Upton are killing me. Maybe it's because I never gave them a proper name.

That's it, they need a new name.:lmao::lmao: Keep fighting, you never know in these leagues. If not, we all thank you for the win and the Dole Whips are on me if we ever get to the World at the same time.:thumbsup2

AirGoofy
07-14-2013, 09:17 AM
I had Lincecum with the no hitter. :woohoo:

I'll probably still lose the week, but it was fun while it lasted.

buzznina
07-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Congrats on 50 pts for Lincecum, the bad news was that the Balloo's had Greinke and he had 44 pts with a 2 hit shutout:eek:
Do not know what to expect during all-star week, will have to make sure to check in on Wednesday during lunch.

afwdwfan
07-15-2013, 04:30 AM
Wow... That is some impressive stuff seeing 2 pitchers put up a line like that in the same match up.

declansdad
07-15-2013, 07:26 AM
I think I will head down to WDW for the all-star break. After two losing weeks in a row I think my staff needs a rest.

mm1971
07-15-2013, 09:02 AM
I think I will head down to WDW for the all-star break. After two losing weeks in a row I think my staff needs a rest.

Now that's a great idea! You sure the plane won't stop in Boston to pick me up?:sad2:

declansdad
07-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Now that's a great idea! You sure the plane won't stop in Boston to pick me up?:sad2:

Baltimore if you can get there.

mm1971
07-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Baltimore if you can get there.

:scratchin I could even wave to Randall on the way by.:rotfl2:

mm1971
07-15-2013, 09:46 AM
OK, maybe I have a shot this week since everyone is on the all star break. 4-11 is not good, but I guess I have time to make a run in the second half Major League style. Anyone have a life size cut out with detachable clothes I can borrow?

middlepat
07-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Congrats on 50 pts for Lincecum, the bad news was that the Balloo's had Greinke and he had 44 pts with a 2 hit shutout:eek:
Do not know what to expect during all-star week, will have to make sure to check in on Wednesday during lunch.

I got lucky this past week. It was a close matchup.

buzznina
07-15-2013, 09:47 PM
WDW during the all-star break sounds great to me. When you fly in to pick me up, keep an eye out for the new F35's the airforce have been training with. Our airport is actually on airforce property so they share the runways.
I forgot to mention that once we leave here we have to fly north to go south:rotfl: If flying to Orlando from our airport, there are no straight through flights so we have to fly Northeast to Atlanta and then south to Orlando. I can drive faster than I can fly there.

buzznina
08-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Loks like there is no stopping the Gray Sox. They are just destroying everyone they play.

afwdwfan
08-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Loks like there is no stopping the Gray Sox. They are just destroying everyone they play.

Definitely the dominant team. I think they're in good shape to take the regular season division championship, but we'll just have to see what the playoffs bring.

I did the weekly awards this morning and noticed that we had a tie for the first time this season. That's ok though, there's plenty of Beverly to go around. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2::rotfl:

thheaton
08-08-2013, 07:29 AM

No worries I seem to always lose these things in the championship game. 2 years running in my basketball and football leagues.

thheaton
08-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Will be fun to see who lands in the playoffs with so many teams within a game or two of each other.

AirGoofy
08-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Will be fun to see who lands in the playoffs with so many teams within a game or two of each other.

I'll be cheering you on. The only winning moment I had was in the draft this year.

afwdwfan
08-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Norm's comment about a win in the draft reminded me of something I need to bring up for conversation. When I set the league up, I set it to have 2 keepers for next year. I've modified the keeper rules to allow one Batter and one Pitcher to be kept.

What does everyone think? Do we want more keepers? Less keepers? No restrictions or some other restrictions on who can be kept?

AirGoofy
08-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Norm's comment about a win in the draft reminded me of something I need to bring up for conversation. When I set the league up, I set it to have 2 keepers for next year. I've modified the keeper rules to allow one Batter and one Pitcher to be kept.

What does everyone think? Do we want more keepers? Less keepers? No restrictions or some other restrictions on who can be kept?

I haven't been over .500 all season, so clearly I didn't draft all too well. I may be smart enough to pick a batter and a pitcher. Well, may be lucky enough.

thheaton
08-08-2013, 09:54 PM

I like the way you setup the keepers. Seems pretty fair.

mm1971
08-09-2013, 07:53 AM
I haven't been over .500 all season, so clearly I didn't draft all too well. I may be smart enough to pick a batter and a pitcher. Well, may be lucky enough.

I'm with Norm. The only time I was over .500 was in week 3. I may be able to pick a pitcher and hitter though. I'll ask my 13 year old, he's better at these things than I am. One of each sounds fair to me.

afwdwfan
08-09-2013, 08:04 AM
I'm just throwing it out for discussion. Thanks for the feedback. I've got to think that everybody has at least one Pitcher and one Batter on their team that is a solid player that they'd like to keep around next year. Since we didn't have any specific keeper rules set earlier, I'd be willing to back off the Batter/Pitcher part and just let everybody keep 2 players of their choosing, but that's why I'm trying to get some feedback from everybody.

Thanks

ClearScreen
08-09-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm just throwing it out for discussion. Thanks for the feedback. I've got to think that everybody has at least one Pitcher and one Batter on their team that is a solid player that they'd like to keep around next year. Since we didn't have any specific keeper rules set earlier, I'd be willing to back off the Batter/Pitcher part and just let everybody keep 2 players of their choosing, but that's why I'm trying to get some feedback from everybody.

Thanks

1 batter and 1 pitcher seems very reasonable

jmwest
08-09-2013, 03:26 PM
My team is so bad I'm not sure there is a worthy player. Yikes

afwdwfan
08-09-2013, 03:33 PM
My team is so bad I'm not sure there is a worthy player. Yikes

Good point. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2::lmao:

I don't know. If I had your team I'd probably keep Adrian Gonzalez and Mike Minor. I've got Minor in another league and plan on keeping him.

And remember, the trade deadline is August 30. You can always make a trade to get someone that you want to have as a keeper until the trade deadline passes.

ClearScreen
08-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Anyone else unable to access the league today?

afwdwfan
08-10-2013, 11:15 AM
I've been able to access it through the Android app.

AirGoofy
08-10-2013, 02:14 PM
I could access it on iPad.

buzznina
08-10-2013, 04:46 PM
I was just in it with no issues. 1 & 1 sounds pretty fair.

ClearScreen
08-10-2013, 10:42 PM
How bizarre was this. I couldn't log on because ESPN wanted me to re-validate my ID, which I have had since 2004. Once I figured that out and did that, it was no problem.

buzznina
08-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Man, what a tight game against the Phillies, pulled it out when my hitters scored 48 points on sunday, by far my best hitting day this season.

afwdwfan
03-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Well, I figured I'd better dust off this old thread. I sent out an e-mail reminder through our ESPN league this morning, but I want to cross post just so that everyone will see draft date info ASAP and can speak up if they don't like it.

Good morning. I just wanted to send out a reminder that Keeper picks are due by next Monday. As of right now, it looks like all teams except for Donald's Dingers, Team West, Epic Phillies and Steamboat Willies have their Keepers set. If you have already set your picks, you can still change them up until the deadline at 7PM on March 10.

Also, I've not seen any feedback on draft times, so unless there is some vocal opposition, I'm going to plan to keep the draft at our tentatively set time of 8PM Eastern on March 13.

Thanks!

AirGoofy
03-22-2014, 07:24 AM
What was that old saying about the lead off batter setting the tone for the season? Puig went 3/10 as my fantasy lead off batter. Does that apply to fantasy baseball?

buzznina
03-22-2014, 08:48 PM
I do not recognize these games in Australia, what the heck is MLB thinking:furious: Season begins March 30th and 31st:thumbsup2 and if I was still living in Detroit I would be there on the 31st with my winter jacket of course:laughing:

AirGoofy
03-23-2014, 07:56 AM
I do not recognize these games in Australia, what the heck is MLB thinking:furious: Season begins March 30th and 31st:thumbsup2 and if I was still living in Detroit I would be there on the 31st with my winter jacket of course:laughing:

Sounds good to me. I really don't get why there has to be an overseas opening day, other than the international money advertising program.

afwdwfan
03-24-2014, 07:14 AM
Batting .300 to start the season. Not a bad way to set the tone. I guess we'll find out what kind of an indication this is in a few days.

I'm ok with the opening games overseas. I'm not excited about it, but I'm ok with it. I do kind of like getting that little tease of some regular season baseball a few days early, but in reality, it does just seem like glorified spring training games. :confused3

declansdad
03-24-2014, 07:18 AM
Batting .300 to start the season. Not a bad way to set the tone. I guess we'll find out what kind of an indication this is in a few days.

I'm ok with the opening games overseas. I'm not excited about it, but I'm ok with it. I do kind of like getting that little tease of some regular season baseball a few days early, but in reality, it does just seem like glorified spring training games. :confused3

Especially since they return and play more spring training games.

AirGoofy
04-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Week 1 W. Hope I can keep this up. I wonder how many days Puig will spend on the DL for the next eyebrow injury.:confused3 :lmao:

mm1971
04-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Week 1 W. Hope I can keep this up. I wonder how many days Puig will spend on the DL for the next eyebrow injury.:confused3 :lmao:

:headache: I keep forgetting to go in and change my lineup. I have to remember it's spring and they are playing baseball now.:mad::mad:

afwdwfan
04-07-2014, 03:04 PM
:headache: I keep forgetting to go in and change my lineup. I have to remember it's spring and they are playing baseball now.:mad::mad:

Hard to believe it is spring the way this weather keeps acting. :rotfl2::lmao:

AirGoofy
04-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Andy, since I'm playing you while in WDW, do I get extra points? #fantasyhandicap

mm1971
04-09-2014, 01:08 PM
Andy, since I'm playing you while in WDW, do I get extra points? #fantasyhandicap

Only if his souvenir is in the mail.:lmao::lmao:

AirGoofy
04-09-2014, 04:19 PM

Only if his souvenir is in the mail.:lmao::lmao:

I'll just throw in some extra dole whip dues.

afwdwfan
04-09-2014, 07:16 PM
I think I should get the extra points since I'm not in WDW...

AirGoofy
04-16-2014, 05:47 PM
I think I should get the extra points since I'm not in WDW...

Good week. The Reds had a a lot of runs Sunday and I thought you may have got me.

AirGoofy
04-23-2014, 05:57 PM
No one posting here? Bueller?

Looks I got Jim. This week hasn't started out great for me.

declansdad
04-23-2014, 06:20 PM
My winning percentage is .333, that's good for baseball right?

AirGoofy
04-23-2014, 06:29 PM
My winning percentage is .333, that's good for baseball right?

:thumbsup2

Still early in the season.

mm1971
04-24-2014, 08:40 AM
No one posting here? Bueller?

Looks I got Jim. This week hasn't started out great for me.

Don't worry, barely have time to picky nose so moving players in and out of the line up has been tough. I need a daily reminder.

afwdwfan
04-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Don't worry, barely have time to picky nose so moving players in and out of the line up has been tough. I need a daily reminder.

I always try to set mine for the week every Monday. By then the projected starting pitchers should already be listed for the week. That way if you don't make it back everyday to check on last minute changes, you should at least have something in place.

AirGoofy
04-24-2014, 05:56 PM
I always try to set mine for the week every Monday. By then the projected starting pitchers should already be listed for the week. That way if you don't make it back everyday to check on last minute changes, you should at least have something in place.

I set my lineup then as well, although those starting pitches change sometimes as well.

AirGoofy
04-26-2014, 05:31 PM
My team has had the worst pitching week. Liriano gets the flu in the 2nd inning and leaves the game. Really? I'm counting on Mike Leake now for a no hitter. :crazy2: :lmao:

I'll be glad when ths week is over and hope it's one and done.

AirGoofy
04-28-2014, 03:39 PM
Congrats on the win this week, Brian.

buzznina
04-30-2014, 02:53 PM
When I look at my teams performance and my managing, I turn into a pirate.........ARRRRGH:rotfl2:

AirGoofy
04-30-2014, 03:14 PM
When I look at my teams performance and my managing, I turn into a pirate.........ARRRRGH:rotfl2:

I blame Andy for the draft order. Yeah, that's it.

BigTex71
05-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Looks like I have had some lucky match ups so far this year. I doubt my luck will last very long. I have a feeling my undefeated streak to start the season will be gone soon. :)

AirGoofy
05-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Looks like I have had some lucky match ups so far this year. I doubt my luck will last very long. I have a feeling my undefeated streak to start the season will be gone soon. :)

I had a surprising fast start, but reality sat in last week. I picked up Jason Grilli as a reliever - not because he's having a good season - but because he stopped for a picture with my dds at the Reds game. See my fantasy strategy. :worried: :lmao:

http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad314/AirGoofy/null_zpsac497b63.jpg

declansdad
05-03-2014, 06:33 PM
I had a surprising fast start, but reality sat in last week. I picked up Jason Grilli as a reliever - not because he's having a good season - but because he stopped for a picture with my dds at the Reds game. See my fantasy strategy. :worried: :lmao:

That was very nice of him. :thumbsup2

AirGoofy
05-03-2014, 08:19 PM
That was very nice of him. :thumbsup2

Yeah, he was really nice. We got there early to enjoy the sun. We sat on the pirates side since we could sit so close. A few came out to sign autographs. We asked for a picture and he did. It's not Pujols, but it's still really cool.

buzznina
05-22-2014, 11:09 PM
Well my team is sloooowly becoming healthy again, but as soon as Sale comes back Cain goes to DTD:( Starting to get ready to take the family with me to my conference at Disneyland:cool1: Very surprised my boss said that I could go. I was lucky enough to have relatives that lived in Anaheim and was able to go to DL a couple of times back when I was 8 and 10. Combining the conference with vacation so we can do some sightseeing as well, San Fran, redwoods... Will do my best to keep up with my team and keep my pitchers lined up.

AirGoofy
05-23-2014, 06:28 AM
Well my team is sloooowly becoming healthy again, but as soon as Sale comes back Cain goes to DTD:( Starting to get ready to take the family with me to my conference at Disneyland:cool1: Very surprised my boss said that I could go. I was lucky enough to have relatives that lived in Anaheim and was able to go to DL a couple of times back when I was 8 and 10. Combining the conference with vacation so we can do some sightseeing as well, San Fran, redwoods... Will do my best to keep up with my team and keep my pitchers lined up.

Have a great trip. If you're playing me, then no need to worry. My pitchers aren't injured, just stink. :crazy2:

afwdwfan
05-23-2014, 07:26 AM

I know how that goes... I've got a team in another league that has 6 players on the DL right now. And all of them are really too good to cut... just trying to piece together a competitive team until I get everyone back.

Enjoy your trip! :thumbsup2

declansdad
05-23-2014, 08:09 AM
I know how that goes... I've got a team in another league that has 6 players on the DL right now. And all of them are really too good to cut... just trying to piece together a competitive team until I get everyone back.

Enjoy your trip! :thumbsup2

I've got a yahoo league that is the same, all my bench and a couple of starters as well. It is a head to head league and somehow I've managed to stay in first place.

AirGoofy
05-25-2014, 03:58 PM
Had Josh Beckett with the no hitter today. Makes up for some really bad pitching from others earlier in the week.

compshu
05-25-2014, 05:23 PM
Congrats to Beckett, I've always liked the guy through Florida and Boston. I just wish that he didn't do it in Philly.

declansdad
05-25-2014, 08:23 PM
Had Josh Beckett with the no hitter today. Makes up for some really bad pitching from others earlier in the week.

Stupid Beckett!!

buzznina
07-02-2014, 06:38 PM
I know it is late but................

Yu lost!
Yu lost!
Yu lost!

BTW; We really liked DL and DCA parks, we had a great time:)

AirGoofy
07-02-2014, 07:06 PM
I know it is late but................

Yu lost!
Yu lost!
Yu lost!

BTW; We really liked DL and DCA parks, we had a great time:)

John needs to go and visit WDW more often. :lmao:

ClearScreen
07-04-2014, 08:02 AM
John needs to go and visit WDW more often. :lmao:

We are having some battle in our division. I think Yu, despite the loss, still has a firm grasp on the other division.

AirGoofy
07-04-2014, 09:37 AM
We are having some battle in our division. I think Yu, despite the loss, still has a firm grasp on the other division.

Agreed. I got Andy last week by less than 10 points. I told him I hated cheering for the Yankees so I could get a fantasy win.

ClearScreen
07-18-2014, 09:48 PM
The Monotreme Showdown has commenced with the battle for first in the Platypus Division!!

AirGoofy
07-19-2014, 08:08 AM
The Monotreme Showdown has commenced with the battle for first in the Platypus Division!!

Should be a good one. Not sure if these extra days will help or hurt.

buzznina
07-19-2014, 08:43 PM
Lady luck is not with the Tiggers this year:( Another week having one of the top 4 scores and another loss, playing the wrong team at the wrong time.

ClearScreen
07-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Should be a good one. Not sure if these extra days will help or hurt.

I'm getting stomped. I just didn't have enough starting pitchers going this week. That's 10 in a row for you!

AirGoofy
07-20-2014, 09:24 AM
I'm getting stomped. I just didn't have enough starting pitchers going this week. That's 10 in a row for you!

Maybe I shouldn't post this to gain an advantage, but did I read it wrong? It looks like all of next week is included in this one. With the all star break, we get 10 days of games as opposed to 7?

ClearScreen
07-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Maybe I shouldn't post this to gain an advantage, but did I read it wrong? It looks like all of next week is included in this one. With the all star break, we get 10 days of games as opposed to 7?

Norm, you are absolutely right. I completely read it wrong myself.

NO advantage - LOL- I would have probably figured it out tomorrow.

Good luck on what should be a nice battle for 1st!

Chris

AirGoofy
07-20-2014, 01:12 PM
Norm, you are absolutely right. I completely read it wrong myself.

NO advantage - LOL- I would have probably figured it out tomorrow.

Good luck on what should be a nice battle for 1st!

Chris

I figured you wild have found it. It's on like Donkey Kong. :lmao:
Good luck.

afwdwfan
07-21-2014, 01:54 PM
Lady luck is not with the Tiggers this year:( Another week having one of the top 4 scores and another loss, playing the wrong team at the wrong time.
Those are always the toughest losses. :headache:

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: The first rule of fantasy baseball is never help a competitor!!! :lmao:

AirGoofy
07-22-2014, 08:51 PM
:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: The first rule of fantasy baseball is never help a competitor!!! :lmao:

I thought that was the first rule of fight club. :confused3

ClearScreen
07-22-2014, 11:45 PM
I thought that was the first rule of fight club. :confused3

Well, this has turned into a slugfest.

AirGoofy
07-23-2014, 06:52 AM
Well, this has turned into a slugfest.

Stupid Dodgers and their alleged injuries.

declansdad
07-23-2014, 07:04 AM
Stupid Dodgers and their alleged injuries.

You could have left it at Stupid Dodgers.

:lmao:

ClearScreen
07-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Congrats Norm! A solid thumping. You just had too many good pitchers pitching a lot of games this week - that's what it's all about.

Good luck for the rest of the season!

AirGoofy
07-28-2014, 10:05 AM
Congrats Norm! A solid thumping. You just had too many good pitchers pitching a lot of games this week - that's what it's all about.

Good luck for the rest of the season!

Thanks. I had a pitcher on the DL, so combined with the extra games, I figured I would throw the kitchen sink at you. :lmao:

It doesn't get much better this week vs John. Hope he has another vacation scheduled :rotfl2:.