PDA

View Full Version : DIS Dads Motorsports

afwdwfan
05-11-2011, 10:55 AM
In response to all the threads being started here in our new sub-forum, I thought I'd fire this one up. This thread will be updated with the Fantasy NASCAR scores throughout the season and will give us a place to discuss NASCAR, IRL, F1, Grand Am, Off-Road or any other form of motorsports anyone is interested in.

trennr
05-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Current leader of the DDC Fantasy Racing checking in.

Go DUCK MARTIN!!!

DisneyFed
05-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Somebody.....anybody....put Kyle Busch into a wall....

afwdwfan
05-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Somebody.....anybody....put Kyle Busch into a wall....

I really, really wanted Harvick and/or his crew to get a hold of him Saturday night.

DisneyFed
05-11-2011, 02:14 PM
I really, really wanted Harvick and/or his crew to get a hold of him Saturday night.

You and me both...I was standing up yelling...GET HIM GET HIM!!!!

theduck619
05-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Big IRL and F1 fan checking in. The 500 is just a few weeks away, and while it isn't what it used to be AJ Foyt driving the pace car will be a special moment :thumbsup2

afwdwfan
05-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Big IRL and F1 fan checking in. The 500 is just a few weeks away, and while it isn't what it used to be AJ Foyt driving the pace car will be a special moment :thumbsup2
You going? My first race was back in 1990 when Luyendyk won the fastest Indy 500 ever and I haven't missed one since.

theduck619
05-11-2011, 02:43 PM
You going? My first race was back in 1990 when Luyendyk won the fastest Indy 500 ever and I haven't missed one since.

Not this year. My Dad's a yellow shirt though so I might go and hang out near the garage entrance where he is usually stationed.

Next year I am planning on taking my daughters to qualifications.

afwdwfan
05-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Time for the Week 11 DIS Dad Fantasy NASCAR update.

Attention birdslightyear, you need to set your lineup!

It was a relatively quiet week in the standings with the exception of birdslightyear dropping to 9th place. The lineup apparently hadn't been changed recently and the drivers in the starting lineup have run out of starts. The lowest week will be dropped, so if you're still around you can set your lineup next week and still compete.

If anyone who hasn't joined the league wants in, please let me know. This league is in segments Spring/Summer/Playoffs so even if you join now, you can compete in the last 2 segments. We have 2 more races before the summer segment begins.

The standings after Week 11 in Dover, DE are as follows:

Duck Martin 2854
Jungle Cruisers 2623
Pride Rock Motorsports 2580
Mater's Racers 2565
Test Track Dummies 2519
DF Racing 2426
$6 Disney Racers 2401
Rolling Thunder Racing 2397
birdslightyear 2396
Taxidermy Tech 2387

The high score of the week for the second week in a row belonged to Jungle Cruisers, 272 pts

Carl Edwards
Ryan Newman
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Bobby Labonte

DisneyDadC
05-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Time for the Week 11 DIS Dad Fantasy NASCAR update.

Attention birdslightyear, you need to set your lineup!

It was a relatively quiet week in the standings with the exception of birdslightyear dropping to 9th place. The lineup apparently hadn't been changed recently and the drivers in the starting lineup have run out of starts. The lowest week will be dropped, so if you're still around you can set your lineup next week and still compete.

If anyone who hasn't joined the league wants in, please let me know. This league is in segments Spring/Summer/Playoffs so even if you join now, you can compete in the last 2 segments. We have 2 more races before the summer segment begins.

The standings after Week 11 in Dover, DE are as follows:

Duck Martin 2854
Jungle Cruisers 2623
Pride Rock Motorsports 2580
Mater's Racers 2565
Test Track Dummies 2519
DF Racing 2426
$6 Disney Racers 2401
Rolling Thunder Racing 2397
birdslightyear 2396
Taxidermy Tech 2387

The high score of the week for the second week in a row belonged to Jungle Cruisers, 272 pts

Carl Edwards
Ryan Newman
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Bobby Labonte

if it aint broke dont fix it :rotfl2:

DisneyFed
05-22-2011, 07:03 AM
Carl may regret that little skid last night...that car was faaaaaaast.

afwdwfan
05-23-2011, 09:24 AM
Carl may regret that little skid last night...that car was faaaaaaast.

Nothing like celebrating a win by tearing up a car! :thumbsup2

The Rousch cars as a team have really looked tough this year. I don't think there's been a single week when you really haven't looked at Edwards as a threat to win. Kenseth hasn't been far behind him.

On to open wheel:

Pretty intense qualifying drama at Indy over the weekend. How in the heck did Ganassi's guys let both cars run out of gas on the last lap during the Fast 9 qualifying run. :scared1: Not that I'm complaining... congrats to Tagliani!:thumbsup2

I can't believe Andretti failed to qualify Conway and Hunter-Reay. All 4 of their cars absolutely sucked this weekend. How do you have 4 regular team cars that get upstaged by your 5th team that was put together for just this race??? I wonder if we'll see them buy a ride from one of the one shot teams that isn't going to be competitive. That will be a huge hit in points to a couple of top tier drivers if they can't run in this race.

I'm really happy for Simona De Silvestro though. Gutsy performance to put an 8 year old backup car in the field after the crash she went through. I really like her a lot. She does a grea job of staying out of trouble and just working on things and getting better. Danica may get all the press, but she isn't the best female driver on the track anymore.:rolleyes1

trennr
05-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Would someone send me a reminder to set my lineup this week...I'd hate to lose my points lead. :lmao:

afwdwfan
05-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Wow, saw a fantastic race today. It seems like the Indianapolis 500 is regaining some of it's intensity from back in the days before the CART/IRL split. This was the biggest crowd I've seen in years and we've never, ever been stuck in such bad traffic getting in. Typically we can leave home about 2 or 2 1/2 hours before the race starts and we're in our seats with an hour to spare. Today we left 5 1/2 hours before the start time and we were just getting to our seats when the drivers were getting into their cars. We sat in traffic for a long time.

Good race today, and a great way to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Indianapolis 500. It was a very competitive race, especially near the end when everybody was on different fuel strategies and trying to stretch it out. I won't say that I'm glad that Dan Wheldon won, but I definitely am glad that it wasn't a Penske or Ganassi car. Apparently Will Power's team still hasn't figured out how to tighten lug nuts (seems like they have that problem every year) and the Ganassi engineers still haven't quite figured out their fuel calculations. You'd think that would have been a priority after they ran both cars out of fuel during qualifications.:rotfl2:

I really feel bad for JR Hildebrand. What an awful way to lose. We sit right by the start/finish line so I saw the wreck and saw him skidding down the straightaway. When they went by with 1 to go I saw Franchiti pit and I thought that should have put Dixon in second. I was watching Hildebrand skid down the track and looking for the Target car but never saw it. I thought Hildebrand slid to the win until I saw the scoring tower. I thought the only cars that passed him were lapped cars, but hats off to Wheldon for driving hard on that last lap and picking up a bunch of spots... including the most important one.

afwdwfan
05-31-2011, 02:26 PM
Time for the weekly NASCAR Fantasy Racing update. After 12 races, we have one more race left in the Spring Segment and it looks like Duck Martin has it pretty much wrapped up. This week was relatively quiet in our fantasy rankings without any big jumps or falls in the rankings. DF Racing came alive with a big week, but wasn't even able to move up any spots in the rankings (thankfully since he's breathing down my neck right now).

After week 12 at the Coca-Cola 600 the standings are as follows:

Duck Martin 3122
Jungle Cruisers 2858
Mater's Racers 2841
Pride Rock Motorsports 2787
Test Track Dummies 2760
DF Racing 2747
Rolling Thunder Racing 2649
Taxidermy Tech 2644
$6 Disney Racers 2631
birdslightyear 2452

The high score this week belongs to DF Racing, 321 points

Carl Edwards
Clint Bowyer
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
David Ragan

While Duck Martin has the top of the league tied up, there is some strong competition between 2nd & 3rd, 4th - 6th and 7th - 9th. This could be a good week for some teams to make up some points and get in a better position for the season championship.

theduck619
05-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Wow, saw a fantastic race today. It seems like the Indianapolis 500 is regaining some of it's intensity from back in the days before the CART/IRL split. This was the biggest crowd I've seen in years and we've never, ever been stuck in such bad traffic getting in. Typically we can leave home about 2 or 2 1/2 hours before the race starts and we're in our seats with an hour to spare. Today we left 5 1/2 hours before the start time and we were just getting to our seats when the drivers were getting into their cars. We sat in traffic for a long time.

Good race today, and a great way to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Indianapolis 500. It was a very competitive race, especially near the end when everybody was on different fuel strategies and trying to stretch it out. I won't say that I'm glad that Dan Wheldon won, but I definitely am glad that it wasn't a Penske or Ganassi car. Apparently Will Power's team still hasn't figured out how to tighten lug nuts (seems like they have that problem every year) and the Ganassi engineers still haven't quite figured out their fuel calculations. You'd think that would have been a priority after they ran both cars out of fuel during qualifications.:rotfl2:

I really feel bad for JR Hildebrand. What an awful way to lose. We sit right by the start/finish line so I saw the wreck and saw him skidding down the straightaway. When they went by with 1 to go I saw Franchiti pit and I thought that should have put Dixon in second. I was watching Hildebrand skid down the track and looking for the Target car but never saw it. I thought Hildebrand slid to the win until I saw the scoring tower. I thought the only cars that passed him were lapped cars, but hats off to Wheldon for driving hard on that last lap and picking up a bunch of spots... including the most important one.

What a fantastic race!! A terrible day to be a race car driver and have JR in your name.

afwdwfan
06-01-2011, 07:08 AM
What a fantastic race!! A terrible day to be a race car driver and have JR in your name.

Or to be the guy driving the National Guard car.:lmao::rotfl2:

trennr
06-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Sunday night was the first racing I had watch all year...tuned in with about 30 laps to go.

JJ blows up on lap 4... :headache:

I hate that...caution near the end of a race....changes the whole thing.

Dale Jr runs out of gas on the last lap. :rotfl2:

Well guess I'll watch another race when it's still on at a decent hour. like 10-11pm.

afwdwfan
06-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Well, I'm a little late with my updates, but congratulations to Duck Martin, champion of the Spring Segment of the DIS Dad's fantasy NASCAR league! The spring segment ended as follows:
Spring Segment **Final Results**

Duck Martin 3362
Jungle Cruisers 3141
Mater's Racers 3137
DF Racing 3049
Pride Rock Motorsports 3033
Test Track Dummies 2993
Rolling Thunder Racing 2943
Taxidermy Tech 2897
$6 Disney Racers 2889
birdslightyear 2455

Fed had a terrific couple of weeks at the end of the Spring Segment. Not only did the race at Kansas give him the satisfaction of Richard Childress punching Kyle Busch, but he got the high score of the week for the second week in a row and gained a few spots in the standings. The high score for the STP 400 was DF Racing, 302 pts.

Carl Edwards
Clint Bowyer
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
David Ragan

The summer segment started last week and it breathed new life into the $6 Disney Racers. They were at the bottom of the pack in the Spring Segment, but sprung to life to take an early lead in the Summer Segment.

Summer Standings

$6 Disney Racers 275
Pride Rock Motorsports 260
Test Track Dummies 251
Mater's Racers 244
DF Racing 243
Duck Martin 236
Rolling Thunder Racing 221
Jungle Cruisers 213
Taxidermy Tech 189
birdslightyear 0 and has apparently stopped playing

The high score from the 5 Hour Energy 500 obviously belongs to $6 Disney Racers, 275 pts.

Jimmie Johnson
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Clint Bowyer
Bobby Labonte

Personally, I don't know what the best part about this past weekend's race was. A Gordon win and Kyle Busch being penalized... all is good in the world of NASCAR as far as I'm concerned.:lmao::rotfl2:

OVERALL SEASON STANDINGS

Duck Martin 3598
Mater's Racers 3381
Jungle Cruisers 3354
Pride Rock Motorsports 3293
DF Racing 3292
Test Track Dummies 3244
$6 Disney Racers 3164
Rolling Thunder Racing 3164
Taxidermy Tech 3086
birdslightyear 2455

Duck Martin has a strong lead on the overall season points, but is still within reach. It is a very competitive leage as we've seen teams move from the bottom to the top and back down, so there's a long way to go until the end of the season.

DisneyFed
06-14-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm glad I decided to bench Edwards to preserve starts:lmao::lmao:

Slipped a little though because I didn't reset my team as I had planned to do thanks to.....work....:headache:

I still think NASCAR should vacate all points for violations like that unless there were mechanical failures...you'd see them straighten up real quick like:confused3

afwdwfan
06-14-2011, 10:13 AM
I still think NASCAR should vacate all points for violations like that unless there were mechanical failures...you'd see them straighten up real quick like:confused3
Yeah, and you know there had to be something really fishy going on with this one. They didn't even appeal the penalty. I think that's the first time in the history of NASCAR that someone has just taken the penalty and gone on without even trying to fight it.:lmao:

afwdwfan
06-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Time for the weekly NASCAR Fantasy League update. Gotta be honest... aside from looking and seeing the final results I have no idea what happened yesterday. We were having a cookout yesterday evening, so I didn't see any of the race at all.

Summer Standings

Rolling Tunder Racing 345
$6 Disney Racers 339
Mater's Racers 302
Test Track Dummies 276
Pride Rock Motorsports 260
DF Racing 252
Duck Martin 236
Taxidermy Tech 234
Jungle Cruisers 213

Season Standings

Duck Martin 3598
Mater's Racers 3439
Jungle Cruisers 3354
DF Racing 3301
Pride Rock Motorsports 3293
Rolling Thunder Racing 3288
Test Track Dummies 3269
$6 Disney Racers 3228
Taxidermy Tech 3131

The Summer segment is still starting to shake itself out, but Rolling Thunder racing made a huge statement this week by putting 345 points on the board. The overall season is still pretty much wide open. A couple of races can erase the deficit and move somebody up or down in the standings. DF Racing has been proving this the past couple of weeks by slowly but steadily moving up in the standings.

Our high score for the week belongs to Rolling Thunder Racing, 345 pts.

Matt Kenseth
Clint Bowyer
Mark Martin
Paul Menard

trennr
06-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Turns out...if I had forgotten to set my line-up...I would have been better off with the previous weeks team. :sad2:

jason4024
06-29-2011, 07:04 AM
I am glad I am having a second better half so far. Was getting a little discouraged after those Spring results.

afwdwfan
06-29-2011, 08:36 AM
Yeah, just a slight improvement. :lmao::rotfl2:

I'll try to get the updated standings up sometime. I haven't had time to get around to it yet this week.

afwdwfan
07-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Ok, I'm a little bit behind, but here we go with the updates. First of all 2 weeks ago we had some road course action in California. Kurt Busch dominated and it is pretty obvious that nobody saw that one coming since absolutely nobody had him in their starting lineup.
Summer standings as of race 16

$6 Disney Racers 614
Rolling Thunder Racing 566
Pride Rock Motorsports 558
Mater's Racers 546
Test Track Dummies 527
Duck Martin 500
Taxidermy Tech 498
DF Racing 495
Jungle Cruisers 437

High score of the week for the Toyota Savemart 350 went to Pride Rock Motorsports, 298 pts

Carl Edwards
Marcos Ambrose
Jeff Burton
Regan Smith

Fast forward 1 week to week 17 at Daytona where we saw a relatively clean race end like every other restrictor plate race I've ever seen. As always, it was an ugly wild card type finish that saw a lot of good cars thrown into the scrap pile. Not much else you can say about a race like that. The lucky ones survived, the not so lucky ones didn't.:confused3

Summer standings as of race 17

$6 Disney Racers 883
Rolling Thunder Racing 837
Mater's Racers 800
Duck Martin 794
Taxidermy Tech 793
Pride Rock Motorsports 771
Test Track Dummies 766
DF Racing 765
Jungle Cruisers 694

High score of the week for the Coke Zero 400 went to Taxidermy Tech, 295 pts

Jeff Gordon
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Mark Martin
Paul Menard

Current Overall Standings

Duck Martin 4156
Mater's Racers 3937
Jungle Cruisers 3835
DF Racing 3814
Pride Rock Motorsports 3804
Rolling Thunder Racing 3780
$6 Disney Racers 3772
Test Track Dummies 3759
Taxidermy Tech 3690

Well, I've finally had a chance to at least get caught up on the standings and get a post on here.

If anybody is going to be attending any upcoming races, let me know. I'll definitely be in Kentucky this weekend for the Cup race and possibly Friday night for the Nationwide race too. I'll also be going to both the Nationwide and Cup races in Indy in 2 weeks. If anybody will be at either race and wants to make a quick DIS Dad's meet, let me know!

afwdwfan
07-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Well, the traffic jam 400 has come and gone. Kentucky Speedway finally got to host a Cup race and it say that it was total chaos would be a gross understatement. Fortunately, we've been to that track before for Nationwide events and know a "back" way in so we park north of the track in somebody's yard and get in and out fairly easy. It is usually a 2 hour drive to the track. We made it to the track in 2 hours and it only took us about an extra 15 min getting home. For the chaos surrounding the track, we made it in and out very easily. I'm just afraid that my secret will be more widely known by next year.

For a sell out, there were a lot of empy seats. 2 seats to my right, 6 seats in front of us and a WHOLE ROW behind us were empty from start to finish. We could see the tops of trucks going down I-71 from our seats and they were crawling along all through the race. We talked to a couple sitting near us and they said they live just a few miles away from the track and they just walked. They have a friend from Eastern KY about a 3 hour drive away who was supposed to meet them at the race. During one of the late race cautions they told us their friend was still on I-71 and he had been there for 9 hours. On top of that, the lots filled up and they started sending cars past the track on down the road because they had no place to park them. I really feel bad for the people who spent good money on tickets they couldn't use because the state of KY and SMI weren't ready to handle the crowd. Hopefully this will be a lesson learned for next year. If not, the Cup race might leave Kentucky in a lot shorter time than it took to get it there.

Here's a pic I got at the start of the race. I didn't take any after, because I refuse to have a picture of Shrub doing burnouts on my phone.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6129/5926509982_6aaf2f1eb3_z.jpg

That said, the race was pretty boring... I was very disappointed because the Nationwide cars always put on a good show there. Passing was minimal and they basically played follow the leader until the last 20 laps or so. It is all good though, because I finally got the high score of the week.:thumbsup2

Summer Standings

$6 Disney Racers 1173
Rolling Thunder Racing 1141
Test Track Dummies 1100
Duck Martin 1054
Mater's Racers 1023
Pride Rock Motorsports 1017
Taxidermy Tech 982
DF Racing 981
Jungle Cruisers 874

Season Standings

Duck Martin 4416
Mater's Racers 4160
Test Track Dummies 4093
Rolling Thunder Racing 4084
$6 Disney Racers 4062
Pride Rock Motorsports 4050
DF Racing 4030
Jungle Cruisers 4015
Taxidermy Tech 3879

High score of the week for the Quaker State 400 goes to Test Track Dummies, 334 pts.

Kurt Busch
Brad Keselowski
Kasey Kahne
David Ragan

There was a lot of movement in the standings this week, but there are still about 6 or 7 teams that are all within reach of each other and big shakeups like that can easily become the norm. Next week: Loudon.

jason4024
07-11-2011, 11:09 AM
I just finished reading some of the horror stories around the track. Sounds a lot worse than around here at Pocono.

If you ever make that trek, let me know and I will definitely meet you there.

BTW, I'm still holding up the top of the leader board!

afwdwfan
07-11-2011, 11:31 AM
I just finished reading some of the horror stories around the track. Sounds a lot worse than around here at Pocono.

If you ever make that trek, let me know and I will definitely meet you there.

BTW, I'm still holding up the top of the leader board!

I think everybody knew it was going to be bad for traffic. 99% of the crowd comes in on I-71 and have to get off on one of 2 possible 2 lane highways. When you have 125,000 people trying to get to the same place on one of 2 2 lane roads it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there's going to be a logjam.:lmao: I just take 2 lane roads all the way from home and avoid the main hwy's and sneak in from the north. It's the long way there, but much quicker in the end.

I'd like to go to some other races, Pocono being one of them. Time and money are limiting factors. Indy and Kentucky being the closest to home are easy ones to get to though.

afwdwfan
07-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Well, motorsport related, although not racing... I was at a truck pull at a county fair a few nights ago. They had a 3.0 Diesel Unlimited class. A guy debuted his new pulling truck at that pull that evening. He has a beautiful 1948 Chevy truck cab sitting on a 4 wheel drive chasis with an engine from an International 1066 tractor under the hood. Didn't do too bad, but it was by far one of the most awesome looking trucks I've ever seen in a diesel class.

afwdwfan
07-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Well, here's the weekly update from the NASCAR Fantasy League. It was an interesting race at the flat track of New Hampshire in the heat, but it ended up being a huge day for Stewart Haas Racing as they swept the top spots and are making a statement that they're ready compete through the second half of the season. Also making a statment was the $6 Disney Racers as they took the high score of the week to take a stronger grasp on the top spot for the summer segment.

Summer Standings

$6 Disney Racers 1471
Rolling Thunder Racing 1393
Mater's Racers 1309
Test Track Dummies 1300
Pride Rock Motorsports 1266
Duck Martin 1262
DF Racing 1225
Taxidermy Tech 1205
Jungle Cruisers 1044

Overall Standings

Duck Martin 4624
Mater's Racers 4446
$6 Disney Racers 4360
Rolling Thunder Racing 4336
Pride Rock Motorsports 4299
Test Track Dummies 4293
DF Racing 4274
Jungle Cruisers 4185
Taxidermy Tech 4102

High score of the week for the Lenox Industrial Tools 301 goes to $6 Disney Racers, 298 pts

Carl Edwards
Martin Truex
Ryan Newman
Regan Smith

This week is an off week and then the following week they will be running on one of the most historic racetracks in the world (which just so happens to be my "home" track). I just wish you could see all the way around the place and it was easier to pass. :rolleyes1 Either way, I expect a great show and as always, I'll be there right across from the 4th pit stall back from turn 1.:thumbsup2

afwdwfan
08-02-2011, 01:31 PM
I have decided this week that I need to start going to all the races if I plan to win this league. So far, the only 2 weeks I've had the highest score have been at 2 of the races that I have attended. If I could just find somebody to pay for it, I'd be set! :lmao::rotfl2:

Summer Standings

Rolling Thunder Racing 1660
$6 Disney Racers 1654
Test Track Dummies 1615
Mater's Racers 1563
Duck Martin 1527
DF Racing 1501
Pride Rock Motorsports 1471
Taxidermy Tech 1424
Jungle Cruisers 1272

Season Standings

Duck Martin 4889
Mater's Racers 4700
Test Track Dummies 4608
Rolling Thunder Racing 4603
DF Racing 4550
$6 Disney Racers 4543
Pride Rock Motorsports 4504
Jungle Cruisers 4413
Taxidermy Tech 4321

High score of the week from the Brickyard 400 goes to Test Track Dummies, 315 pts.

Jeff Gordon
Juan Pablo Montoya
Kasey Kahne
Paul Menard

I have to say it is really just a relief that I had high score at Indy. Considering the fact that I go to this race every year and really have a good feel about who consistently does and doesn't run well here, I expect a good score at this race. It is all down the crapper from here on out though. :rotfl2:

I have to say this was easily the most entertaining Brickyard 400 I've seen. The race rarely is in question in the final few laps. It was great seeing Gordon running down those slower cars over the last few laps... a couple more and he might have got Menard. I have to say I was glad to see Menard get a win at Indy though, that's pretty cool with the history his family has had at that track. No better place for him to score his first career win.

Next week, another flat track: Pocono

DisneyFed
08-03-2011, 04:59 PM
I've been slacking and not really keeping up with it like I should...

That is going to change from here on out...:lmao::lmao:hopefully

afwdwfan
08-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Once again, I've been slacking on the Fantasy NASCAR updates. I'm a little bit behind, but at least I remembered I needed to post when I went to set my line-up. Brad Keselowski went to Pocono on a mission and won despite a broken ankle. The Penske cars have been carrying the flag for Dodge and running very strong the past few weeks. This week they head to Watkins Glenn and the guys are going to have to remember how to turn right also.

Summer Standings

Test Track Dummies 1905
$6 Disney Racers 1894
Rolling Thunder Racing 1871
Mater's Racers 1862
DF Racing 1792
Pride Rock Motorsports 1730
Duck Martin 1718
Taxidermy Tech 1633
Jungle Cruisers 1477

Season Standings

Duck Martin 5080
Mater's Racers 4999
Test Track Dummies 4898
DF Racing 4841
Rolling Thunder Racing 4814
$6 Disney Racers 4783
Pride Rock Motorsports 4763
Jungle Cruisers 4618
Taxidermy Tech 4530

High score for the week in the Good Sam RV Insurance 500 goes to Mater's Racers, 299 pts

Kurt Busch
Clint Bowyer
Ryan Newman
Regan Smith

afwdwfan
08-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Anybody see that IRL race today? Wow! The IRL officials, to paraphrase a line from Days of Thunder, looked like a monkey humping a football out there. Ugly race to begin with, but then deciding to start the race when the track even looked wet on TV... They only get a few races on network TV each year and I'm pretty sure that mess at the end of today's race isn't what they want to put out there to build their brand. I've got to say though, I loved it when Will Power gave the :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 (definitely not thumbs) to race control and the TV cameras caught it.:rotfl2::lmao: Good thing he drives for Penske. I'm sure he can afford the fines he'll be getting.

I know a lot of people rip NASCAR's road races, but I've got to say I kind of enjoy it. I don't think we need the Chicago Board of Trade bids on the big screen at work tomorrow. I'll definitely have to turn the race on.

DisneyFed
08-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Anybody see that IRL race today? Wow! The IRL officials, to paraphrase a line from Days of Thunder, looked like a monkey humping a football out there. Ugly race to begin with, but then deciding to start the race when the track even looked wet on TV... They only get a few races on network TV each year and I'm pretty sure that mess at the end of today's race isn't what they want to put out there to build their brand. I've got to say though, I loved it when Will Power gave the :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 (definitely not thumbs) to race control and the TV cameras caught it.:rotfl2::lmao: Good thing he drives for Penske. I'm sure he can afford the fines he'll be getting.

I know a lot of people rip NASCAR's road races, but I've got to say I kind of enjoy it. I don't think we need the Chicago Board of Trade bids on the big screen at work tomorrow. I'll definitely have to turn the race on.

I have me own TV....:thumbsup2

I can't believe they started that race....that was extremely dangerous. I spilled my beer when the finger came out:lmao::lmao:

afwdwfan
08-15-2011, 07:12 AM
Fed, I almost needed your services this morning. Came into work and the big screen that I planned on watching the NASCAR race on got ripped off the wall Friday night. Nobody set our alarm Friday, but just out of dumb luck a sheriff deputy was driving by and saw the guy loading a big screen TV into a car and thought it looked kind of suspicious at 10 PM on a Friday.:lmao::rotfl2: We got our TV back, but now we have to replace wires that they cut... no race for me today.:sad2: I didn't even set the DVR because I thought I'd be watching at work.:headache:

What I can't figure out though is why he just took the TV. We checked security cameras and he was here for over half an hour waiting for his ride to come back. We have computer equipment everywhere, including a laptop that I had sitting on top of my desk not 20 feet away from the TV and he didn't touch it.:confused3

afwdwfan
08-15-2011, 10:56 AM
They didn't cut the power cord so we sent a guy to the store for a new HDMI cable this morning. I hung the TV up and hooked everything back up and it actually still works despite a few scratches and a scuffed up screen. I missed the start of the race, but I'm watching right now. At least I'll be able to see the finish.

We saw the video from where the guy ripped it off the wall. Our DirecTV box went flying across the room. I'm surprised it still worked. The stupid peanut butter then walked over, picked up the Directv box and draped the HDMI cable across the back of a bench to cut it with a knife... would've been quicker to unplug it. I guess that's why he's in jail and I work for a living.:confused3

afwdwfan
08-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Can you believe the performances that Brad Keselowski has been putting out there the last few weeks??? Wow! I'm really not a Penske or Keselowski fan, but you can't help but respect him. He's been running incredibly strong recently, but what he's done the last 2 weeks with a broken ankle has been absolutely impressive. The win at Pocono was impressive enough, but I thoroughly expected him to struggle at the Glen with all the shifting and braking he'd have to do. His second place finish Monday may be even more impressive than his win the week before. Congratulations to Marcos Ambrose on his first Cup win. I realize he's more of a road course expert than an oval guy, but still good to see him get a win. I love seeing all the new faces in Victory Lane this year. It makes the races a lot more fun to watch when you know that probably about 30 of the 43 drivers have a legitimate chance to win any given week.

Summer Standings

Test Track Dummies 2182
$6 Disney Racers 2121
Rolling Thunder Racing 2075
Mater's Racers 2069
DF Racing 2066
Pride Rock Motorsports 2031
Duck Martin 2000
Taxidermy Tech 1993
Jungle Cruisers 1686

Season Standings
Duck Martin 5362
Mater's Racers 5206
Test Track Dummies 5175
DF Racing 5115
Pride Rock Motorsports 5064
Rolling Thunder Racing 5018
$6 Disney Racers 5010
Taxidermy Tech 4890
Jungle Cruisers 4827

The high score of the week for the Helluva Good Sour Cream Dips at the Glen, and the highest single week score of the season so far, goes to Taxidermy Tech, 360 pts.

Kyle Busch
Juan Pablo Montoya
Marcos Ambrose
Boris Said

Oh, and if anyone has Greg Biffle's address, please text it to Boris Said. Thank you.

trennr
11-01-2011, 10:04 AM
3 weeks ago I lost my almost Season Long Point lead and was trailing by 7points...after this past week I'm back up by +173 points. :cool1:

Went with a new stratagy the last 3 weeks and it seems to be paying off. :thumbsup2

afwdwfan
11-01-2011, 10:12 AM
3 weeks ago I lost my almost Season Long Point lead and was trailing by 7points...after this past week I'm back up by +173 points. :cool1:

Went with a new stratagy the last 3 weeks and it seems to be paying off. :thumbsup2

I just can't seem to get over the hump... been stuck in third for a while now. I need you guys to screw up big time to be able to catch you now. :lmao::rotfl2:

trennr
11-01-2011, 10:58 AM
I just can't seem to get over the hump... been stuck in third for a while now. I need you guys to screw up big time to be able to catch you now. :lmao::rotfl2:

For them most of the season I would wait for the Expert picks to come out...and go with a concensus...with Yahoo Average to break ties.

The last 3 weeks...I've not done that. :banana:

afwdwfan
11-01-2011, 11:07 AM
For them most of the season I would wait for the Expert picks to come out...and go with a concensus...with Yahoo Average to break ties.

The last 3 weeks...I've not done that. :banana:

I just kind of go with track type, who typically does well on those tracks and who is hot. It worked well for me during the middle of the season, but not in the Chase.

Brad Keselowski single handedly pulled me out of the cellar and into contention though.:lmao::rotfl2:

trennr
11-23-2011, 08:18 PM
:car::dancer:party::jumping1::bounce: :cool1::banana::yay:

afwdwfan
02-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Just to make sure it is posted everywhere....

Hey, I just realized I've been slacking. The Daytona 500 is this weekend, and I never set up a Fantasy Racing League. We've got to give Nate a chance to defend his championship, and give everyone else a chance to knock him off his perch. Anyway, it is open to anyone who wants to join. The more the merrier!

In order to join the group go to the game front page (http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto)and click on the "Sign Up" button to create a team. After completing registration, or if you already have a team, click the "Create or Join Group" button and follow the path to join an existing private group. Then, when prompted, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 21627
Password: goofy

Note: If the password doesn't work, try Goofy. I'm thought that's how I typed it when I set it up, but the invitation e-mail sent it out as lower case.:confused3

DisneyFed
04-02-2012, 07:35 AM
Anyone else having trouble with YAHOO?

For the third week in a row, I've changed my starting line up and it reverts back to an old line up on Sunday morning?

I don't know what the deal is, but it did it again this weekend. I changed the lineup on Thursday, Saturday night it was good to go...Sunday morning...back to my first line up?

:mad:

afwdwfan
04-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Anyone else having trouble with YAHOO?

For the third week in a row, I've changed my starting line up and it reverts back to an old line up on Sunday morning?

I don't know what the deal is, but it did it again this weekend. I changed the lineup on Thursday, Saturday night it was good to go...Sunday morning...back to my first line up?

:mad:

No, but I have had trouble with it locking the line ups before I think it should. I always thought they locked just before the start of Qualifications, and it must be when they practice. Whatever line up I set has been what has raced though.:confused3

DisneyFed
04-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Figures it would be just me...I'm going to log off my other devices and run it from my computer and see what happens this week...