PDA

View Full Version : How Big is Too Big?

mvazul
05-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Hi!! :wave2:

My husband, kids and I are driving to Florida today!! We will be leaving in just about 2 hours. :woohoo:

We are hoping to make it to Disney at least once, if not twice, while we're there. I have not been since 2007 and used different camera equipment on that trip. Now, I have a Nikon D5000 with a Sigma 70-200mm lens. It's a pretty good size lens and with the hood on the front, makes it a bit longer. Will this lens be allowed in the park? I don't want to get there and have to turn around to leave it in the car. :sad2:

Also, my camera bag is a Crumpler 8 Million Dollar Home. Is this too big to take in? I have alternatives if it is.

Thank you for any help you may have!!

Michelle :flower3:

zackiedawg
05-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Yes...you should be perfectly fine. I've gone in with a LOT bigger lenses than that - and several of them at once...with tripods and remote release cables and such...never had any problems. Bag-wise, I've gone in with a Kata R102 backpack loaded with 5 or 6 lenses and a tripod attached to the outside, and it wasn't a problem...some families' baby bags are 10 times the size of any camera bag, so I don't think Disney gives you any problems with that.

ChiSoxKeith
05-06-2011, 01:14 PM
I've seen PLENTY of 70-200s walking around the park. You shouldn't have a problem.

mvazul
05-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Thank you SO much!!

I got some fantastic shots with what I had the last time I went. I can't wait to see what I get this time. I'm so excited!!

Michelle :flower3: