PDA

View Full Version : VWL Lovers & Groupies Thread: Meese-ka, Mice-ka MOOSE-kateers

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

saintstickets
06-16-2011, 12:22 PM
We will book our first reservation next week using our newly acquired VWL contract. :banana: We will get a 2br for 5/20-5/25/12. There will be 6 adults - DH, DW, DS, DSgf, DD, DDbf. Naturally DW and I will get the master bedroom and the two girls will share the 2nd bedroom. The two boys will have to suffer on an air mattress and the pull-out sofa in the living room. ;) Any suggestions on room requests? I think I read somewhere on the DISboards that some 2br's have two queen beds in the second bedroom - is that correct?

We will not venture into the WDW parks this trip but instead visit the WWOHP at IOA, Seaworld, Discovery Cove and maybe a daytrip to Kennedy Space Center. Weather and time permitting, we will fill in with horseback riding at Ft. Wilderness, jet-ski rental, DTD and miniature golf. Any suggestions for other non-park activities?

We are really looking forward to our first stay at VWL. If the reality comes close to the expectation, this will be a great trip!

Welcome Home

Just to let you know they do not have Jet Skis at Disney. They do have boats but not jet skis. VWL is a great place to stay and since we just got back..... I cant wait to go again.

:tigger:
Thx for the tip. I guess we can always go to one of the other resorts that do rent them if we must do that.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW VWL OWNERSHIP!!! That's just huge!! :banana:

At VWL, all dedicated 2BR's have two queen beds in the second bedroom. In the lock-offs, there will be a queen and then the sofa sleeper bed since it can also be a studio. Of course, the lock-off second bedroom will also have the kitchenette and separate entrance. Generally, they try to reserve the dedicated 2BR units first since they can't be broken up into two villas. Gives them more flexibility. They will be able to tell you when you make the reservation what kind of villa you have. At 11 months for that time of the year, you should have no problem getting the dedicated 2BR villa.

As for room requests, it's a small resort with almost all rooms having a view of trees. The only bad view rooms are at the end overlooking the maintenance area (called the Infamous Dumpster View). Only a couple of rooms have that view. You could request lake side room to avoid that, though you really don't have a lake view because of the trees.

As mentioned, no jet skis but there are boat rentals available (16 or 18 year old age minimum to drive...can't remember which). Also surreys and bikes. Over at Contemporary you can book parasailing.

Grab a Hidden Mickey Hunt map at guest services...that will take up a lot of time chasing them down all over WL and VWL.

Enjoy your trip. Discovery Cove alone will make it a fantastic one! :thumbsup2
Great info. We will definately request a dedicated 2br. Don't want the girls fighting over who gets the real bed vs the sofa bed! We are really looking forward to Discovery Cove too. :cool1:

We stayed in a 2 bed really close to the elevators, 2nd floor and loved it! It is huge. We really liked the layout because it provided good privacy for those in master area and other 2 queen bedroom. Wish I remembered room #, but just as you step off elevator, turn left and it is corner room. 2 balconies, just over top of Sturdy Branches Health Club. Great view of pool area.

BTW, I am a Carolina Panthers fan and got the honor last year of sitting 10 rows up, 30 yd line and saw Drew Brees play. I told my DW, why cant we have one of those on our team. Can we borrow him this season?;) Pleeeezz
HEY!! Keep your hands off "Breezy"! :lmao: We've already given you Jake Delhomme (he was good for a while) and now you've got Jeremy Shockey. Now if they can just get their act together and play football! :sad2:

Muushka
06-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Hi all and a big Andy's Room welcome to our new visitors! :wave:

Nicole, what a handy dandy crafty gal you are!

Ink, I'm glad your husband is recovering well and hope that nip that PTH producer in the bud!
About your friend's prayer request. I find that combo of pneumonia and meningitis interesting in a personal way. First, I hope that her husband gets better soon, some scary stuff. But remember my sister (who is doing GREAT)? She had been in the hospital with bacterial pneumonia and shortly after that she developed abscesses on her brain, bacterial. See the similarities? In my sister's case they claimed that they had no idea where the abscesses came from, but I begged to differ! Very strange stuff. I hope all will be well.:goodvibes

KAT4DISNEY
06-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Thx for the tip. I guess we can always go to one of the other resorts that do rent them if we must do that.

You'll be close to the only place that I think rents jet ski's - the Sammy Duvall center at the CR. But I think they're fairly restrictive on how and where they can be ridden. Otherwise all the other Disney marina's have the personal watercraft "mice".

Ink - continued prayers for your DH and now for your friend. :hug:

twinklebug
06-16-2011, 02:53 PM
You'll be close to the only place that I think rents jet ski's - the Sammy Duvall center at the CR. But I think they're fairly restrictive on how and where they can be ridden. Otherwise all the other Disney marina's have the personal watercraft "mice".

Ink - continued prayers for your DH and now for your friend. :hug:

There are two jet skis in the BLT marina. Not sure what they're doing with them but saw someone bringing one in when we were there. It's possible the plan is to test rent a few and see how it goes.

jimmytammy
06-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Ink

We will lift up your friend and continue prayers for your DH

jimmytammy
06-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Saints

Must be a NC/LA connection:thumbsup2 We will take all you can send. Loved that Saints won the SB, now its Panthers turn!!

Dizny Dad
06-17-2011, 05:54 AM
Ink

We will lift up your friend and continue prayers for your DH

We're lifting too! Let Tom, Rita, et al, know that the word is spreading and that the prayers are increasing . . .

Dizny Dad
06-17-2011, 06:07 AM
DiznyDi & I traveled to our local airport to pick up our DS, arriving from his final duty station in Hawaii. With a banner unfurled and two flags waving, we did our best to welcome him home. The response in the airport was heartfelt. Many approached him and thanked him for his service.

How different it was from an earlier time when I welcomed my brother home from Viet Nam. Letís all work to be sure the old welcomes never return!

DS has now completed his active duty in the US Army as a combat engineer, and we are certainly glad to see him back in civilian life. After a few weeks with us, he and DDL are off to their new life in Virginia.

We pray for his buddies he left behind and soon to be deploying to Afghanistan; that they may support each other in these new trials and return home whole; and pray that they carry the armor of God into their future.

stopher1
06-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Hey Groupies... it's been a while since I've been on here. I have had absolutely NO TIME in the past two weeks. I just wanted to pop in quickly and say hi... :wave2: Nearly every day for the past 2 weeks I have been busy, busy, busy all day long - not getting to bed til 1 or 2am, and up again at 7 to start all over again. It's been crazy.

With my wife being gone for 10 days to spend time with her dad... and my grandmother dying... and getting ready to storm the beaches of Normandy (not quite, but it sure feels like it as our Scout Troop prepares to move out Sunday morning for a week in Summer Camp) - I have been absolutely swamped with stuff and my available time for this kind of fun has been less than nil. But I will be back around when we return from the woods and a fun-filled week in camp. I see we'll be into version 11 even before I leave on Sunday!

As you may or may not recall I am the Summer Camp Director for our Troop. We are the oldest Troop in the state, the 2nd largest Troop in the state (142 active boys and 98 active adult leaders), and the largest Troop contingent in camp during any of the 9 weeks they operate. My numbers for camp this year are up 18% on the Scout side and 39% on the Adult side... this year I'm taking 91 Scouts and 39 Adults to Summer Camp. Planning, coordinating and directing is a massive undertaking... I might as well be adding an attraction or two to Fantasyland! My leader staff that help me out as I direct this fun has grown this year as well, up 16%. What a great group I have to work with.

I did get my ticket the other day for my trip west for my grandmother's memorial service. It will be in mid-July. She was laid to rest this past Saturday with no fanfare at all, just a quiet burial. But family from all around the country are planning to be there - so that will be nice to see aunts & uncles, cousins, my brother, my dad... my mom has decided not to attend, since she just feels way too strange around my dad... they've been divorced and both remarried to others for the past 15-16 years... so despite the 25 years she spent as my grandma's DIL, and the 4+ years before that that she spent over at my grandma's house (my dad's sister and my mom were best friends in high school... ) she feels kind of out of place. Both my brother and I, along with a couple of our aunts and my uncle all told her she should come and celebrate with us... but she's holding firm. Oh well.

My sweet wife returned home from California very late Wednesday night (really Thursday morning) and then I was off yesterday to a customer meeting in central Ohio, but back home again before the kids went to bed.

Oh and my personal email was hacked on Sunday night... claiming I was in London, mugged, stranded... blah blah blah... same scam I've seen so many times before. Idiot hackers... so add that fun to my list of "no time" too. Oh well... "life's a beach" as my aunt says... you just have to roll with the tide sometimes.

Anyway - enough - I have a ton of work to get done today before I head out for a week of not-so-relaxing-but-sure-to-be-a-blast-regardless vacation days in the woods. This is my hands-down favorite Scouting activity all-year. I can't wait. I'm almost as giddy as when I'm close to heading to Disneyland or Walt Disney World... :yay:

Have a great day guys, and have fun closing out this thread. See ya in a little over a week.

eliza61
06-17-2011, 09:08 AM
My sweet wife returned home from California very late Wednesday night (really Thursday morning) and then I was off yesterday to a customer meeting in central Ohio, but back home again before the kids went to bed.

Oh and my personal email was hacked on Sunday night... claiming I was in London, mugged, stranded... blah blah blah... same scam I've seen so many times before. Idiot hackers... so add that fun to my list of "no time" too. Oh well... "life's a beach" as my aunt says... you just have to roll with the tide sometimes.

Have a great day guys, and have fun closing out this thread. See ya in a little over a week.

Hey Chris, I got that email too. Didn't know it was you!! I think I posted a funny post on the cb about it last week.

have fun on your scouting trip (and thanks for the work you do with the scouts, my sons didn't get into it when they join but I was a girl scout for 16 years and loved it). You've had a hetic few weeks/months lately so don't forget to recharge the spirit.

Why are we getting a new version? We're only on post ~500.

Dizny Dad
06-17-2011, 11:11 AM
. . . . . . . . As you may or may not recall I am the Summer Camp Director for our Troop. We are the oldest Troop in the state, the 2nd largest Troop in the state (142 active boys and 98 active adult leaders), and the largest Troop contingent in camp during any of the 9 weeks they operate. My numbers for camp this year are up 18% on the Scout side and 39% on the Adult side... this year I'm taking 91 Scouts and 39 Adults to Summer Camp. . . . . .

:scared1: May the FORCE be with you . .

Muushka
06-17-2011, 03:20 PM
:scared1: May the FORCE be with you . .

Yes, Stopher, you will need that force!:thumbsup2

DiznyDi & I traveled to our local airport to pick up our DS, arriving from his final duty station in Hawaii. With a banner unfurled and two flags waving, we did our best to welcome him home. The response in the airport was heartfelt. Many approached him and thanked him for his service.

How different it was from an earlier time when I welcomed my brother home from Viet Nam. Letís all work to be sure the old welcomes never return!

DS has now completed his active duty in the US Army as a combat engineer, and we are certainly glad to see him back in civilian life. After a few weeks with us, he and DDL are off to their new life in Virginia.

We pray for his buddies he left behind and soon to be deploying to Afghanistan; that they may support each other in these new trials and return home whole; and pray that they carry the armor of God into their future.

Amen DDad. I will also pray for these brave soldiers.:grouphug:

And I am also glad that today the soldiers return to a welcome home that they deserve and that the things that happend after Viet Nam never happen again.

I am so glad your son is home! Please add me to the list of those thanking him for his service.:hug:

How is Katie doing?:flower3:

horselover
06-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Happy Father's Day to all the groupie dads!!

http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1327/1327204qvdbmpprso.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

jimmytammy
06-19-2011, 07:35 AM
Happy Fathers Day to all the great Dads here!!

Granny
06-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Happy Father's Day to all Dads as well as teachers, scout leaders and others who mentor children. :thumbsup2

Corinne
06-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Good morning groupies, and Happy Father's Day to all of our dad's here!!

My DH and boys are still on :cloud9: as our beloved Boston Bruins won the cup earlier this week!!

I Book He Pays
06-19-2011, 08:52 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjOTM6Q2hTZPMmSM_spOo96eOSHamaS hj-lIzm4xPGB4QnfH78

To all the Groupie Dad's...
Wishing you a
Happy Father's Day!

blossomz
06-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Happy Fathers Day to all of you groupie Dads! Hope it is a great day!

Disney Lovin Iowan/Pennsylvanian....where have you moved in PA? Anywhere near south Central PA?

Any news about Stan?

Well...only 6 more sleeps and away we go!!!
:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum :mickeyjum

Muushka
06-19-2011, 11:34 AM
I've said it before and I will say it again:

The men on this thread, the Groupie Guys, are the best example of fathers and husbands you will ever see. I have met many of you Dads/husbands in person and some not yet (like Granny for example) and what I read here on the boards matched what I saw in person. Therefore, to me.

Groupie Dads are the best!!

Happy Father's Day Groupie Dads!!

Disney loving Iowan
06-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Disney Lovin Iowan/Pennsylvanian....where have you moved in PA? Anywhere near south Central PA?

We aren't too far from you. We are in the Reading area. We can't wait to go see some Phillies and Flyers games!!!!!:cool1:

Disney loving Iowan
06-19-2011, 01:29 PM
My DH and boys are still on :cloud9: as our beloved Boston Bruins won the cup earlier this week!!

Glad for former Flyer Mark Recchi.

jimmytammy
06-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Great news!!:goodvibes
Stan is leukemia free!!!!!!!!
Bone marrow biopsy test came back negative. He was on neuprogen(sp?) for 5 days to help his body produce the good stuff as Carolyn stated. His white blood cell count is up. He had a bit of setback yesterday as he fell and hit his face, but he is in good spirits all the same. Good chance he will go home this week.

Thanks to all here with concerns and prayers for him. He knows your prayers have been heard. My prayer for him is for his next big step to be home with positive results abounding.

blossomz
06-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Wow! That Stan report is the best news! That is really wonderful! Thanks for the update!

Corinne
06-19-2011, 04:27 PM

What WONDERFUL news!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

horselover
06-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Bone marrow biopsy test came back negative. He was on neuprogen(sp?) for 5 days to help his body produce the good stuff as Carolyn stated. His white blood cell count is up. He had a bit of setback yesterday as he fell and hit his face, but he is in good spirits all the same. Good chance he will go home this week.

Thanks to all here with concerns and prayers for him. He knows your prayers have been heard. My prayer for him is for his next big step to be home with positive results abounding.

Fantastic news!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Muushka
06-19-2011, 07:59 PM
:yay::yay: Yay for Ranger Stan's health!!:yay::yay:

Thank you for the update Jimmy:goodvibes

Disney loving Iowan
06-19-2011, 08:27 PM

So glad to hear that! Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Dizny Dad
06-20-2011, 05:52 AM
Jimmy - thanks for the great news concerning Stan & Carolyn. Prayer Changes Things! :thumbsup2

Muush - DD is doing very well. She is back to singing solos in church! One would never know of her recent health issues. She had everyone over in PA for Fathers Day yesterday. The deerburgers were interesting.

I found DiznyDi at Firestone CC Saturday enjoying the fine atmosphere, dining, and dancing. One of our dear friend's sons married a lovely young lady. The wedding was complete in every way, with 16 attendants and an old guy as one of the readers. And the reception was over the top. I was happy that I didn't have to use the service entrance.

wildernessDad
06-20-2011, 06:20 AM
Glad to read about Stan!

bobbiwoz
06-20-2011, 07:06 AM

Great!

eliza61
06-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Here's the case your Honors.

Rizzo the Rat (now 17) has gotten his first full time job and just like the daffy duck, this kids eyes are glazed over and he has vision of spending sprees. :rotfl:

We've told him that 50% of his check has to go into savings. period. Now the problem I guess I'm having is what he wants to buy. He wants a new iphone.

He has a brand new phone that he got for his birthday less than 6 months ago. He wants it because of all the bells and whistles.

Rizzo the rat for the defense:
Your honor, I've satisfied my parents request to save 1/2 my earnings. I think I should be able to save and spend the remainder on my wish list.

Eliza the momlady for the prosecution:

Your Honor, we are very proud of Rizzo saving for a rainy day but we'd also like for him to learn about the concept of "not wasting" money. He has a brand new, latest version of the droid phone. 4G etc, etc.
Also, we'd like to point out that he is a h.s student. He will not get full benefit of all those "bells and whistles". He can't use the phone during school hours, he's on the football team so starting in August, he's at practice every day. a new phone is simply wasting money.

Ok, what's the verdict?

Muushka
06-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Ha! Can you guess which one this judge would go with!!:lmao:

PS Can I have his old Droid????

Granny
06-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Jimmy...thank you so much for passing along the great news about Ranger Stan. We'll continue to keep him in our prayers for ongoing good health. :)

Granny
06-20-2011, 11:20 AM

Rizzo the Rat (now 17) has gotten his first full time job and just like the daffy duck, this kids eyes are glazed over and he has vision of spending sprees. :rotfl:

We've told him that 50% of his check has to go into savings. period. Now the problem I guess I'm having is what he wants to buy. He wants a new iphone.

He has a brand new phone that he got for his birthday less than 6 months ago. He wants it because of all the bells and whistles.

Rizzo the rat for the defense:
Your honor, I've satisfied my parents request to save 1/2 my earnings. I think I should be able to save and spend the remainder on my wish list.

Eliza the momlady for the prosecution:

Your Honor, we are very proud of Rizzo saving for a rainy day but we'd also like for him to learn about the concept of "not wasting" money. He has a brand new, latest version of the droid phone. 4G etc, etc.
Also, we'd like to point out that he is a h.s student. He will not get full benefit of all those "bells and whistles". He can't use the phone during school hours, he's on the football team so starting in August, he's at practice every day. a new phone is simply wasting money.

Ok, what's the verdict?

Oh boy....at the risk of offending the lovely and talented prosecutor, I think I have to go with the defense.

Yes, your points are all valid. Yes, the purchase of a new iPhone is extravagant with his new droid phone in his pocket and limited time to use his new toy. And yes, he will find that 6 months after buying the latest technology it too will be outmoded.

But since he has lived up to your requirements (savings) regarding his new job, I think that he is at a point where he should decide what to do with his money. If it's learning a lesson about wasting money that you want for him, then stopping him may not teach that lesson. Some things just have to be learned through experience.

Now if there are other expenses that you are expecting him to cover (auto insurance, gas, etc) that this will keep him from covering then that's another story. But if this is truly "discretionary" income, I think if it were one of my kids I'd let them make the purchase.

There's another lesson at play here too...finding and holding a job can lead to some financial goals in life. Right now it's an iPhone. In the future it could be a new car, a house or any number of goals. But it circles back to getting a good job and excelling at it.

Sorry this is so long. I really don't give advice on how anyone should raise their children (or young adults at this point). But since you asked, this is my first impression response.

There may also be a compromise solution that I'm not thinking of. I'm sure that whatever you decide will work out fine. :)

horselover
06-20-2011, 12:11 PM

I'm a greedy little mizer! :laughing: Hasan chop! One of my all time favorite Bugs Bunny episodes, but I digress.

Oh boy....at the risk of offending the lovely and talented prosecutor, I think I have to go with the defense.

Yes, your points are all valid. Yes, the purchase of a new iPhone is extravagant with his new droid phone in his pocket and limited time to use his new toy. And yes, he will find that 6 months after buying the latest technology it too will be outmoded.

But since he has lived up to your requirements (savings) regarding his new job, I think that he is at a point where he should decide what to do with his money. If it's learning a lesson about wasting money that you want for him, then stopping him may not teach that lesson. Some things just have to be learned through experience.

Now if there are other expenses that you are expecting him to cover (auto insurance, gas, etc) that this will keep him from covering then that's another story. But if this is truly "discretionary" income, I think if it were one of my kids I'd let them make the purchase.

There's another lesson at play here too...finding and holding a job can lead to some financial goals in life. Right now it's an iPhone. In the future it could be a new car, a house or any number of goals. But it circles back to getting a good job and excelling at it.

Sorry this is so long. I really don't give advice on how anyone should raise their children (or young adults at this point). But since you asked, this is my first impression response.

There may also be a compromise solution that I'm not thinking of. I'm sure that whatever you decide will work out fine. :)

I'm going to have to agree with Granny here with the caveat that Rizzo will also be paying the monthly bill that comes along with that shiny new iPhone. I understand what you're saying about teaching the value of saving money, but he might learn that lesson a different way if he gets the iPhone. Lets say he spends the extra money on the new phone & a month or whenever down the line he realizes he needs something else (new car, new clothes, dates, whatever). But, now he doesn't have the money for it because he's spent it on the new iPhone. Hmmmmm, maybe mom was right after all & she's not going to bail me out. Lesson learned. JMHO. You obviously know Rizzo best.

franandaj
06-20-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm also going to side with the defense. He's old enough that he has to start learning from his mistakes and not by his parent's guidance. Living with someone who was not allowed to make decisions in life until very late has shown me how important it is to learn from our mistakes at a young age. I agree that he should have to pay the monthly bill, especially if that is a change from the case if he keeps the droid, there will be an additional consequence to ponder.

Disney loving Iowan
06-20-2011, 12:49 PM
So I asked my 18 year old newly graduated daughter what she thinks on the phone issue. She said she thinks Granny has a very good point and she agrees with him.
When he goes back to school and has to cut back on his hours will he still be able to afford the monthly expenses for the phone?

eliza61
06-20-2011, 01:23 PM

:)

:rotfl2: Never, that's why I need you guys, to talk me down off of my ledge. I'm a firm believer that some times raising kids can be a team sport and God knows every now and then I need a relief pitcher to come in. Look at it this way, you're actually saving me money in therapy bills.

I'm a greedy little mizer! :laughing: Hasan chop! One of my all time favorite Bugs Bunny episodes, but I digress.

Wasn't that a hoot.

Thanks guys!!

Gotta give it to my Rizzo, he definitely does have a plan. He's calculated how much he'll have to cough up for the data plan for the next 6 months and what he'll need to fork over each month.

I think this is one of the classic cases where you want your children to be "independant" as long as they do what you say!! :rotfl:

So Rizzo will be able to get his new toy with the understanding he's responsible for the increase in cell phone plan and that he has to determine if this will eat into his disney spending money.

***sighs**** this worked so much better when I could say "No, because I said so" ;)

KAT4DISNEY
06-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Wonderful news about Stan!!

Regarding the iphone I also must go with the defense but agree that any additional continuing fees should also be paid by the defendant. It may be a good lesson about paying for something with little or no gain or it may provide satisfaction of an enjoyable product that he worked to earn. If it is a mistake though, the defense gets no assitance in fixing it - he must also learn how to handle it himself. ;)

Muushka
06-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Jimmy - thanks for the great news concerning Stan & Carolyn. Prayer Changes Things! :thumbsup2

Muush - DD is doing very well. She is back to singing solos in church! One would never know of her recent health issues. She had everyone over in PA for Fathers Day yesterday. The deerburgers were interesting.

I found DiznyDi at Firestone CC Saturday enjoying the fine atmosphere, dining, and dancing. One of our dear friend's sons married a lovely young lady. The wedding was complete in every way, with 16 attendants and an old guy as one of the readers. And the reception was over the top. I was happy that I didn't have to use the service entrance.

Excellent news DDad!:goodvibes Solos in church, gotta be healthy to be able to do that!:thumbsup2

sleepydog25
06-20-2011, 02:59 PM
:rotfl2: Never, that's why I need you guys, to talk me down off of my ledge. I'm a firm believer that some times raising kids can be a team sport and God knows every now and then I need a relief pitcher to come in.

Wasn't that a hoot.

Thanks guys!!

Gotta give it to my Rizzo, he definitely does have a plan. He's calculated how much he'll have to cough up for the data plan for the next 6 months and what he'll need to fork over each month.

I think this is one of the classic cases where you want your children to be "independant" as long as they do what you say!! :rotfl:

So Rizzo will be able to get his new toy with the understanding he's responsible for the increase in cell phone plan and that he has to determine if this will eat into his disney spending money.

***sighs**** this worked so much better when I could say "No, because I said so" ;)Sounds like great parenting to me. ;) Tough as it is, sometimes we do have to let them fly if only to watch them crash and burn (sorry for that metaphor, but I'm ex-Air Force). Sometimes, those lessons are the ones learned best. :thumbsup2

Corinne
06-20-2011, 05:19 PM

***sighs**** this worked so much better when I could say "No, because I said so" ;)

Eliza, you are doing a good job of raising a responsible and independent young man! But you are correct, it was "easier" when we could say, "no because I said so"!!

I Book He Pays
06-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Hi Groupies:

Hope all the dad's had a great Father's Day yesterday.

I had to take DH to the ER this morning and we were there for 4.5 hours. Found out that he has a rib fracture. He went over to visit a friend yesterday prior to going into work and was playing with his friend's son. They both fell and DH landed on his right side. He had major issues this morning breathing, was in pain, shaking, etc. and we were heading to the hospital before 6am. It's been a long day.

Inkmahm ~ Prayers for your friends and glad DH is feeling better.

Disny Dad ~ Please welcome your son home and thank him for his service. Prayers will be said for his buddies and everyone in the service as well. Enjoy your time with him.

stopher1 ~ Have fun on your scouting trip.

blossomz ~ Have a fantastic vacation!

jimmytammy ~ Great news on Stan. Thank you for the update and please continue to keep us posted.

Gotta run.. mom on the phone...have a great evening everyone!

franandaj
06-20-2011, 07:08 PM
I had to take DH to the ER this morning and we were there for 4.5 hours. Found out that he has a rib fracture. He went over to visit a friend yesterday prior to going into work and was playing with his friend's son. They both fell and DH landed on his right side. He had major issues this morning breathing, was in pain, shaking, etc. and we were heading to the hospital before 6am. It's been a long day.

I hope that your DH feels better soon. :goodvibes

Havana
06-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Has anybody stayed at VWL Christmas week? I was very fortunate to get a reservation there at the 7 month mark. I think it will be wonderful! My DH said it is my decision, but I think he really wants to stay at BLT.
With a bunch of VWL lovers here, can you help me confirm my choice of VWL?

Corinne
06-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi Havana!

I am sure you are going to get many posts (and photos!!) from all the groupies! I have never stayed during Christmas week, but I have stayed a few weeks before Christmas, and it is THE BEST! There is a reason it is pretty difficult to score a room there during that time! :lovestruc Enjoy!

horselover
06-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Eliza - you are a very good mom! :hug: I'm also very glad I can still be in the "because I said so!" club for a couple more years! ;)

Has anybody stayed at VWL Christmas week? I was very fortunate to get a reservation there at the 7 month mark. I think it will be wonderful! My DH said it is my decision, but I think he really wants to stay at BLT.

I've not been over Christmas yet, but I will be this year. :goodvibes Despite the huge crowds I have no doubt we will both have a wonderful time! :santa:

Ok, groupies it's my turn to ask for good wishes, thoughts, or prayers, whatever works for you. My FIL is not doing well (he's 88). When MIL broke her hip a couple of months ago I think it was really too much for him. They've been married 57 years & for most of those years MIL has taken care of him. He's pretty helpless on his own. Well when she was in the hospital for weeks it was very, very hard on him. He's been rapidly deteriorating since then. He's been to the doctor & had blood work done & they didn't find anything specific, but he's lost a lot of weight. His mind seems to be rapidly unraveling. He's beginning to lose control of bodily functions & according to MIL he's sleeping about 18+ hours/day. MIL is still recovering from her hip replacement & still can't drive so she's basically stuck in the house dealing with FIL as she's still trying to recover herself. She's deeply concerned that he's nearing the end, but no way to know for sure. They live on Long Island so there's really no way for us to help them with the day to day. DH is going down there this weekend. I would appreciate any prayers or good thoughts you could send our way for FIL & MIL during this difficult time. Thank you friends! :grouphug:

jimmytammy
06-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Julie
Prayers are heading heavenward from us, we consider it an honor to be asked

eliza61
06-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Hi Groupies:

Hope all the dad's had a great Father's Day yesterday.

Inkmahm ~ Prayers for your friends and glad DH is feeling better.

Disny Dad ~ Please welcome your son home and thank him for his service. Prayers will be said for his buddies and everyone in the service as well. Enjoy your time with him.

stopher1 ~ Have fun on your scouting trip.

blossomz ~ Have a fantastic vacation!

jimmytammy ~ Great news on Stan. Thank you for the update and please continue to keep us posted.

Gotta run.. mom on the phone...have a great evening everyone!

Ouch!! give your dh our love pays, and praying for a speedy recovery.

Granny
06-20-2011, 11:16 PM

This same question came up on this thread last week. Look at post #460 on page 31 of this thread to see the question as well as a few answers from folks here.

Obviously we are all biased towards VWL for the holiday season. I think it is more telling that polls among ALL DVC owners on these boards consistently rate WL/VWL as the best holiday atmosphere and decorations of all the DVC resorts.

Trust us, if you were able to snag a VWL Christmas reservation then hang on to it and enjoy it completely! :santa:

jimmytammy
06-21-2011, 06:13 AM
I Book

Sorry I missed your post on your DH
Lifting you folks heavenward

Muushka
06-21-2011, 09:03 AM

Hmmmm. Let me think. VWL or BLT for Christmas??

:santa::santa:VWL!!!!:santa::santa:

Feel better now?? :goodvibes

Eliza - you are a very good mom! :hug: I'm also very glad I can still be in the "because I said so!" club for a couple more years! ;)

I've not been over Christmas yet, but I will be this year. :goodvibes Despite the huge crowds I have no doubt we will both have a wonderful time! :santa:

Ok, groupies it's my turn to ask for good wishes, thoughts, or prayers, whatever works for you. My FIL is not doing well (he's 88). When MIL broke her hip a couple of months ago I think it was really too much for him. They've been married 57 years & for most of those years MIL has taken care of him. He's pretty helpless on his own. Well when she was in the hospital for weeks it was very, very hard on him. He's been rapidly deteriorating since then. He's been to the doctor & had blood work done & they didn't find anything specific, but he's lost a lot of weight. His mind seems to be rapidly unraveling. He's beginning to lose control of bodily functions & according to MIL he's sleeping about 18+ hours/day. MIL is still recovering from her hip replacement & still can't drive so she's basically stuck in the house dealing with FIL as she's still trying to recover herself. She's deeply concerned that he's nearing the end, but no way to know for sure. They live on Long Island so there's really no way for us to help them with the day to day. DH is going down there this weekend. I would appreciate any prayers or good thoughts you could send our way for FIL & MIL during this difficult time. Thank you friends! :grouphug:

Oh my Julie. That is a difficult situation. Prayers for your FIL and MIL.:hug:

I Book, your poor husband. I hope he heals quickly. :flower3:

wildernessDad
06-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Please excuse my random babble, but I think you will understand.

I am currently sitting here at work, feeling good about my accomplishments so far.

I reflect on what I have with DVC and especially VWL. It's more than a second home to me. It's more. It's hard to explain, but I know you're there with me, not literally, but in spirit.

wildernessDad
06-21-2011, 10:27 AM

Oh, definitely VWL, and you were VERY fortunate to snag it for that time at the 7-month mark. Definitely VWL.

Muushka
06-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Please excuse my random babble, but I think you will understand.

I am currently sitting here at work, feeling good about my accomplishments so far.

I reflect on what I have with DVC and especially VWL. It's more than a second home to me. It's more. It's hard to explain, but I know you're there with me, not literally, but in spirit.

Right there with you WD! :cloud9:

Granny
06-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Inkmahm, IBook, and HL...lots of prayers heading up for everyone.

WD...yes, we are definitely with you in spirit. WL/VWL is a special spot on this earth. We include it among the many blessings we have in this life. :thumbsup2

Disney loving Iowan
06-21-2011, 01:42 PM

I will be praying for him and I hope things will turn out okay.

I Book, I hope your husband feels better quickly.

I Book He Pays
06-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi Groupies:

Thank you all very much for your concern, prayers and get well wishes for DH. Your the best!:grouphug: DH is working from home today and is uncomfortable. Poor guy doesn't get a break. I'm thinking of wrapping him up in bubble wrap to protect him! ;)

horselover ~ Prayers for your MIL/FIL. I'm very sorry that both of them are having so many health issues at the same time. Please keep us posted on how they are doing.

Havana ~ I visited both resorts in May and if I had to choose a resort during the holiday season, I would select VWL in a second. Good luck with your planning!

Have a great afternoon everyone and thanks again for caring about DH!!

KAT4DISNEY
06-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Trish - hope your DH starts feeling better quickly!

Julie - thoughts and prayers heading your way. That's difficult to have both MIL and FIL not doing well and being away from the family. I hope your DH's trip goes well.

KAT4DISNEY
06-21-2011, 04:18 PM

We've been at both during the Christmas season (although not on Christmas itself) and while BLT does things nicely VWL really gives you the Christmas atmosphere. Excellent choice! :thumbsup2

Dizny Dad
06-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Horselover: Prayers heavenward for your MIL and FIL as they go through this difficult period in their lives. Having aging parents ourselves, we can appreciate the stress and concern this presents to your family too. May God's peace rest upon your heart. Big hugs coming your way!:grouphug:
Di

(I'm on DDads iPad)

Corinne
06-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Trish~Hope your dh is feeling better soon!

Julie~so sorry to hear about your FIL, it is so hard to see our folks get older and to struggle. Sending thoughts and prayers to you, your dh and his parents.

franandaj
06-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Horselover - So sorry to hear about your situation. We finished about five years of that kind of parental distress. It's so hard for them to ask for/accept help after so many years of independence. :hug:

jimmytammy
06-22-2011, 06:10 AM
Though we have never been to VWL actual Christmas week, we have spent lots of trips early Dec. there and I have to say, it is very festive. It feels like a natural place that time of year. And I agree with others, snagging a VWL Christmas week stay at the smallest DVC resort is amazing. Hang on with all your might!!

eliza61
06-22-2011, 06:23 AM

Julie, I don't know how I missed this yesterday. Absolutely no need to ask, winging my prayers up. Give your dh my well wishes and keep us posted.

horselover
06-22-2011, 07:01 AM
Thank you groupies! You are all awesome. :grouphug:

On a happier note I'm officially on summer vacation!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Nicoal13
06-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Trish and horselover, prayers for your respective families.

I'm way behind here. DH is getting ready to leave for a long weekend of fishing and shenanigans with his friends. My Grandma is coming down to visit for a couple days while he is gone. DS is getting over an ear infection, felt so bad for him, he was miserable last Friday before we got to the doctor. Unusual for him to get an ear infection. Looking forward to spending time with my Grandma. We're planning on taking DS to a movie, probably going out to eat a couple times and playing a lot of Scrabble.

Muushka
06-22-2011, 09:14 AM
Trish and horselover, prayers for your respective families.

I'm way behind here. DH is getting ready to leave for a long weekend of fishing and shenanigans with his friends. My Grandma is coming down to visit for a couple days while he is gone. DS is getting over an ear infection, felt so bad for him, he was miserable last Friday before we got to the doctor. Unusual for him to get an ear infection. Looking forward to spending time with my Grandma. We're planning on taking DS to a movie, probably going out to eat a couple times and playing a lot of Scrabble.

Your poor son. When I was around 30 I got an ear infection. I could not believe the pain. I hope he feels better soon.ong weekend of fishing and shenanigans with his friends:lmao:

Trish (I Book), how is your husband today?:flower3:

Muushka
06-22-2011, 09:20 AM
:yay::yay: Oh! I'm pretty excited. Our cruise on Freedom of the Seas in October leaves on the same day as the Disney Dream!! :yay::yay:
:yay::yay: Pictures!!! We can't wait to see her from our ship, it is an interesting perspective.:yay::yay:

Dizny Dad
06-22-2011, 10:48 AM
:yay::yay: Oh! I'm pretty excited. Our cruise on Freedom of the Seas in October leaves on the same day as the Disney Dream!! . . . . . .

Hey, is that the cruise you promised to take the rest of us on? :confused3

Just checking . . .

wildernessDad
06-22-2011, 11:02 AM
We're going to be staying in a Jambo House Grand Villa next May! I'm very excited about this.

I Book He Pays
06-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Hi Groupies!

Thanks again for caring about DH! You guys are the best!:grouphug:

Muuska ~ Hubby is working from home, still very sore, barely slept last night and is having fevers off/on. We see the doctor tomorrow for a follow-up. I'm keeping an eye on him! You have to take pictures of Disney Magic for us when you are on the cruise. If you aren't up for it... I'll volunteer to go and take pictures... no problem there. I'll meet you at the port! Haven't been on Freedom yet and would like to try it! :rotfl:Please!!!!!

Nicoal13 ~ Ear infections are horrible... your poor son. I hope he's feeling better by now. Have a great visit with your grandma.:)

Dizny Dad ~ I like your idea!!! Groupie gathering on a cruise.. I'm all for it!:laughing:

wildnernessDad ~ Oh that is awesome! :banana:I would be sitting on the balcony in my zebra chair, watching the animals all day (especially the zebras) and taking lots of pictures.

Have a great day everyone!

Muushka
06-22-2011, 12:03 PM
We're going to be staying in a Jambo House Grand Villa next May! I'm very excited about this.

WooHoo! Groupies are invited to go to the Jambo House Grand Villa next May! ;)

Hi Groupies!

Thanks again for caring about DH! You guys are the best!:grouphug:

Muuska ~ Hubby is working from home, still very sore, barely slept last night and is having fevers off/on. We see the doctor tomorrow for a follow-up. I'm keeping an eye on him! You have to take pictures of Disney Magic for us when you are on the cruise. If you aren't up for it... I'll volunteer to go and take pictures... no problem there. I'll meet you at the port! Haven't been on Freedom yet and would like to try it! :rotfl:Please!!!!!

Nicoal13 ~ Ear infections are horrible... your poor son. I hope he's feeling better by now. Have a great visit with your grandma.:)

Dizny Dad ~ I like your idea!!! Groupie gathering on a cruise.. I'm all for it!:laughing:

wildnernessDad ~ Oh that is awesome! :banana:I would be sitting on the balcony in my zebra chair, watching the animals all day (especially the zebras) and taking lots of pictures.

Fever? That's strange. Sounds like a doc call. Hope all will be OK.:hug:

wildernessDad
06-22-2011, 12:43 PM
WooHoo! Groupies are invited to go to the Jambo House Grand Villa next May! ;)

We'll be there from May 12 - May 18. :)

KAT4DISNEY
06-22-2011, 01:30 PM

Awesome WD!!! We loved the GV this past May. :love:

wildernessDad
06-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Awesome WD!!! We loved the GV this past May. :love:

Do tell! I don't think that the others would mind. :)

Muushka
06-23-2011, 12:11 PM

Yes! We want to hear all the details, please!:yay:

KAT4DISNEY
06-24-2011, 01:46 AM

Yes! We want to hear all the details, please!:yay:

Ok! :goodvibes I've uploaded a few pictures so here we go......

Basically one word sums it up. WOW!!!

I could happily live in that space for a long, long time.

Due to various circumstances and changes from the initial planning we were quite a small group for a GV (5) but by the time things ended up at that number I already was planning for the GV so that's what I stuck with. I'd allocated the points out so what else was I to do?! :rolleyes1 I actually didn't switch to it until 3.5 months out and it was available, so again, what else was I to do?! :rotfl:

We were in GV 5284 which was the one closest to the lobby on the Sunset Savannah. I had requested either it or the GV that was closest to the pool so my requests were met. In all actuality I didn't really know what we might want so I decided to just try for closest to the lobby.

These were the doors we walked thru to enter the GV. They were heavy.

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v17/p489300795-4.jpg

To the right was a hall to the laundry room and one of the bathrooms:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v26/p329174273-5.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v23/p305545204-4.jpg

Here is a panorama shot that shows the game room, living room and dining room/kitchen as well as the entry way:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v19/p367951978-4.jpg

Another panorama showing the dining area and kitchen:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v17/p466325498-4.jpg

Living Room:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v23/p4521674-4.jpg

Dining Area:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v21/p52115425-4.jpg

Kitchen (which is bigger than my kitchen at home):

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v24/p135818471-4.jpg

And now I must show the problem we had with the GV.

Bathroom #1 (across the hall from Bedroom 1):

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v13/p40725058-5.jpg

Bathroom #2 (connected to area with Bedroom 2):

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v22/p322323991-4.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v23/p152167484-4.jpg

Bathroom #3 (located off the entry way):

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v14/p413745634-4.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v21/p376227787-5.jpg

And the Master Bathroom #4:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v24/p155833697-4.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v23/p377730225-4.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v17/p153296614-5.jpg

As you may have realized by now - we had 5 people and only 4 bathrooms. ;)

KAT4DISNEY
06-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Next, the guest wing:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v24/p449942991-5.jpg

Bedroom #1:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v25/p358629949-4.jpg

Second entry:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v22/p341759186-5.jpg

Bedroom #2:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v19/p13776833-4.jpg

Closet:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v21/p56568604-5.jpg

And you already saw the bathrooms in the previous post.

Now on the opposite side of the "home" - the master bedroom:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v22/p157470211-4.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v19/p150844576-4.jpg

And did you notice the walk in closet? It was double the size you can see. I only wish I had it at home....

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v23/p377730225-4.jpg

And the pool table just outside the master:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v19/p89047777-5.jpg

Finally, the outside zones.

From the middle deck towards the guest wing deck. Each bedroom had a slider to the deck.

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v25/p130374218-5.jpg

And from the middle deck towards the master bedroom. The master and the pool table room had entry to that deck:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v15/p285079303-4.jpg

And the view towards Kidani:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v21/p528616762-4.jpg

We all spent a lot of time outside on the decks doing this:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v17/p208414379-4.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v24/p684350914-4.jpg

And looking at these:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v18/p973823303-4.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v17/p918618826-4.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v19/p755845339-5.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v21/p1037110690-4.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v18/p654364857-5.jpg

If you had the GV filled to occupancy every person could still find a room or deck to hang out alone. As it was we sometimes had to hunt for people!

KAT4DISNEY
06-24-2011, 02:46 AM
A few more pictures from the decks:

Towards Kidani:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v19/p877053258-4.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v26/p571951259-4.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v22/p154214978-4.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v23/p448928255-4.jpg

And the day the posse had to come to the rescue. I missed the action but apparently the zebra's were chasing two of the antelope until the animal keepers came out in force. It was already getting warm so I imagine they were concerned about the health of the antelope if they kept having to run. There was one more truck and a 4 wheel mule that were there also. Everyone stopped running as soon as they saw them so I don't think it was the first time this happened. :rolleyes1

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v19/p764006998-4.jpg

Catching their breath:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v24/p683321214-4.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v20/p849447666-5.jpg

The delinquents:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v19/p985494457-5.jpg

Safe again:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v18/p785670976-4.jpg

We learned at AK that the zebras you used to see on the Kilimanjaro Safari had caused so many problems picking on other animals that they have been relegated to their own corner of the savannah. I don't think the word had reached these guys yet! Lol

And a few more from around Jambo House:

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v22/p1022100850-5.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v21/p945937272-5.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v17/p594170345-5.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v25/p718466435-5.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v14/p727953264-4.jpg

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v18/p1033423379-4.jpg

We were very lucky to have such amazing accommodations! I'm afraid I may have set the bar a bit too high though. My nephews and niece had not been to WDW since the early 90's. They now came up with the idea that we ought to have our family reunions there instead of the little town in MN with the park shelter. :rotfl2: I actually agree but I'll have to start saving my points!!

WD - if you have any questions about the GV I'll be happy to try and answer them. My best advice is to plan a little more time in the room than you might normally because you'll have a hard time leaving it! :goodvibes

Dizny Dad
06-24-2011, 05:37 AM
KAT4DISNEY - :scared1:

jimmytammy
06-24-2011, 06:06 AM
Kathy

Those are amazing pics!!

WD

Can we tag along Purty Pleeeze with sugar on it;)

Muushka
06-24-2011, 07:53 AM
One word. Three letters:

WOW!!!

I'm with JT. Purdy please take us to that Oh-So-Grand-Villa!!

PS too funny about the zebras not playing nice with the other beasts!:lmao:

Did you hear that I Book??;)

I Book He Pays
06-24-2011, 08:52 AM
Happy Friday Groupies:

Anyone have plans for the weekend?

KAT4DISNEY~ OMG that GV is absolutely stunning, out of this world and awesome!! WOW WOW WOW The pictures are beautiful and I would not want to leave. DH would love having a TV in the master bathroom so he can listen to CNBC while getting done in the morning. :rotfl2: I would be parked in the zebra chair on the balcony taking pictures of the zebras (OK.. and the other animals too!). :lmao:Thanks so much for sharing. WOW What kind of camera do you have?

I have a great idea... since we all know where wildernessDad is staying next May why don't we have a Groupie gathering at his GV? Thanks to KAT4DISNEY, there will be plenty of space, no lines for the bathroom (us girls can relate to that issue!) and we'll have an awesome view! Then... after the party (or the following morning) we all go over to the VWL and dive into a skillet for breakfast. What do you think? :rotfl:

Muushka ~ la la la la.. oops I must have missed the comment about the zebras! :rolleyes1

Have a great day everyone and a fantastic weekend!

horselover
06-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Another WOW!!! I want to stay in an AKV GV too!!!!! :thumbsup2 Do you think that would be ridiculous with only 4 people? :rolleyes:

I'm shocked & disappointed to hear about my beloved zebras behaving so badly. :sad2: Although to be honest I have heard that zebras can be pretty mean & nasty, but I still love them (from afar!). ;)

Muushka
06-24-2011, 09:14 AM
I have a great idea... since we all know where wildernessDad is staying next May why don't we have a Groupie gathering at his GV? Thanks to KAT4DISNEY, there will be plenty of space, no lines for the bathroom (us girls can relate to that issue!) and we'll have an awesome view! Then... after the party (or the following morning) we all go over to the VWL and dive into a skillet for breakfast. What do you think

Sounds like a plan! WD????? Up for company? Lots of company!:scared1:

Granny
06-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Kathy...thanks for sharing your excellent photos with us! :thumbsup2

I don't see us taking a group big enough for a GV, but maybe DW and I will go ahead and book one some time. We could go days without running into each other in one of those! :rotfl2:

twinklebug
06-24-2011, 11:29 AM
As you may have realized by now - we had 5 people and only 4 bathrooms. ;)

What you must have had to put up with! ;)

I've heard that the zebras are the bullys. Only saw it when one "assisted" the groundskeepers by driving off the giraffe who were rallying an attack on some new plantings.

Thank you for the pics Kat. I've never stayed at the GVs. Hopefully the day will come we can book a GV for a number of nights, until then I'll have to dream and live through reports & pics of others :rotfl:

wildernessDad
06-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Kathy - triple wow! It's going to be great. Thank you very much for sharing your excellent photos of the Jambo House GV, the savanna and Jambo House!

franandaj
06-24-2011, 12:10 PM
WOW! Kat, those pictures are AH-mazing! What a great time you must have had there! I don't even know enough people that I would think deserve to come with us and stay in such a grand place. You have however made me really excited to switch my May 2012 from SSR to AKV. Not that I don't love SSR, but I miss the animals outside the balcony!

But to keep on topic, I am really, Really, REALLY getting excited about my 1st trip back to the lodge as an owner in October!

wildernessDad
06-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Sounds like a plan! WD????? Up for company? Lots of company!:scared1:

Hardy, har har. :lmao:

cheer4bison
06-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Oh, it has been so long since I've had the chance to post to my favorite DISboards site! (I've missed my VWL Groupies pals). The Moms Panel has been keeping me so busy since the beginning of the year and I'm loving it. (So far I've helped over 800 families plan their WDW and Adventures by Disney vacations). Now that my school year is over (woo-hoo!) I hope to read back over this thread to see what's new with all my fellow lovers of the Wilderness Lodge.

Just wanted to share that I've been blessed to visit our beloved Lodge three times since last I posted. The 2011 WDW Moms Panelists stayed at the Yacht Club in December for our training trip, but you can be sure that I took the opportunity to sneak over to the Wilderness Lodge to see her in all her holiday glory. :santa:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc312/cheer4bison/WLtree.jpg

My son went with me to check out the Christmas tree at our home away from home.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc312/cheer4bison/VWLtree.jpg

Then, in March we took our first family cruise on the Disney Dream. :banana: We stayed one night at the Animal Kingdom Lodge before the cruise and spent a few days at the Beach Club Villas after the our adventure on the Dream. But, again, we found our way over to the Lodge for dinner at Whispering Canyon. We were fortunate to have my parents join us.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc312/cheer4bison/whisperingcanyon.jpg

Next, in May, completely out of the blue, my principal asked me to plan a last minute senior trip for a dozen of our students whose plans to travel to New Orleans were dashed as a result of anticipated flooding there. So I chaperoned that trip a few weeks ago. We stayed at Disney's Pop Century Resort, but as you no doubt guessed, we found our way over to the Lodge to play tetherball, eat dinner at Roaring Fork, rent bicycles to ride over to Fort Wilderness, and soak up the atmosphere in the lobby.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc312/cheer4bison/RoaringFork2.jpg

And, of course, to rub Humphrey's nose:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc312/cheer4bison/humphrey2.jpg

These trips have been amazing fun and I just wanted to share my Lodge-related exploits with my VWL groupies. I look forward to catching up with you all.

KAT4DISNEY
06-24-2011, 03:01 PM
KAT4DISNEY - :scared1:
I know!! :eek:

Kathy

Those are amazing pics!!

WD

Can we tag along Purty Pleeeze with sugar on it;)

Thanks jimmytammy!

One word. Three letters:

WOW!!!

I'm with JT. Purdy please take us to that Oh-So-Grand-Villa!!

PS too funny about the zebras not playing nice with the other beasts!:lmao:

Did you hear that I Book??;)

I felt like we were in a palace. I'm sure WD would have plenty of room for all of us to join in! :rotfl:

KAT4DISNEY~ OMG that GV is absolutely stunning, out of this world and awesome!! WOW WOW WOW The pictures are beautiful and I would not want to leave. DH would love having a TV in the master bathroom so he can listen to CNBC while getting done in the morning. :rotfl2: I would be parked in the zebra chair on the balcony taking pictures of the zebras (OK.. and the other animals too!). :lmao:Thanks so much for sharing. WOW What kind of camera do you have?

Thanks IBHP! I had to hunt down the remote for the bathroom TV. There are so many TV's in the GV that I don't think housekeeping can keep straight what remote goes where! :lmao:

For the indoor pictures I was using a Sony Nex-3 and most of the animal shots were with a Sony A55.

Another WOW!!! I want to stay in an AKV GV too!!!!! :thumbsup2 Do you think that would be ridiculous with only 4 people? :rolleyes:

I'm shocked & disappointed to hear about my beloved zebras behaving so badly. :sad2: Although to be honest I have heard that zebras can be pretty mean & nasty, but I still love them (from afar!). ;)

Sounds perfect to me - then nobody will be waiting for a bathroom! :lmao:

My nephews and niece witnessed the Zebra incident and they were shocked! I also had heard that Zebra's are the bullies of the Savannah but hadn't had any first hand reports til now. The other one's were the cranes. I watched several times as little bunnies would sneak out to nibble grass and then would get chased away by the cranes. The bunnies knew what to do though b/c they'd scoot thru the wire spikes that keep the other animals back from the buildings and would leave a frustrated bird looking after them. :rotfl:

Kathy...thanks for sharing your excellent photos with us! :thumbsup2

I don't see us taking a group big enough for a GV, but maybe DW and I will go ahead and book one some time. We could go days without running into each other in one of those! :rotfl2:

Thank you Granny! We almost had that for 2 days. The kids had to delay their trip and if I hadn't been able to switch to a 1BR at SSR DH and I figured we could try a different bedroom each night and for every nap!

What you must have had to put up with! ;)

I've heard that the zebras are the bullys. Only saw it when one "assisted" the groundskeepers by driving off the giraffe who were rallying an attack on some new plantings.

Thank you for the pics Kat. I've never stayed at the GVs. Hopefully the day will come we can book a GV for a number of nights, until then I'll have to dream and live through reports & pics of others :rotfl:

Thanks twinklebug! Ever since I saw the Jambo GV's layout I had dreamed of staying in one so I used this trip as my excuse. I don't forsee having enough people along to do it again - or at least I didn't until it was such a big hit!

Kathy - triple wow! It's going to be great. Thank you very much for sharing your excellent photos of the Jambo House GV, the savanna and Jambo House!

Your welcome WD!

WOW! Kat, those pictures are AH-mazing! What a great time you must have had there! I don't even know enough people that I would think deserve to come with us and stay in such a grand place. You have however made me really excited to switch my May 2012 from SSR to AKV. Not that I don't love SSR, but I miss the animals outside the balcony!

Thanks franandaj! I spend a lot of time animal watching when at AKV - just love it!

And I appreciate every tolerating the off topic AKV pics. I had planned on a trip report but as usual my ambitions were greater than my actions. I think I may copy this over to the AKV lover's thread so the info is in a little more logical place. I found when looking for info on the GV's that there really hasn't been much reported.

LisaS
06-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Ok! :goodvibes I've uploaded a few pictures so here we go......

Basically one word sums it up. WOW!!!WOW is right! Beautiful photos of an amazing villa. Thanks for posting them!

We were in GV 5284 which was the one closest to the lobby on the Sunset Savannah. I had requested either it or the GV that was closest to the pool so my requests were met. In all actuality I didn't really know what we might want so I decided to just try for closest to the lobby.The GV near the pool is HA and has a roll-in shower in the master bathroom instead of that nice shower stall. I read a trip report from someone who stayed in the HA GV and they were not happy about the roll-in shower.

eliza61
06-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Kathy, thanks for the gorgeous pictures. Maybe some one should show the zebras one of those zebra floor rugs... give them a warning.

http://www.animalprintessentials.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/black%20striped%20zebra%20hide%20rug.jpg
"this was cousin ed, he wouldn't behave either".

franandaj
06-24-2011, 07:33 PM
Kathy you should post it on the "Sakes Alive -AKL Lite thread on the resorts board. They go nuts over Zebra Domes but love room pictures as well.

MiaSRN62
06-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Hi all ! I am so far behind on our Groupie chats here.....so sorry. June has been a hectic month !
I think some of you know I'm a Labor and Delivery and high risk pregnancy RN ? I can now openly say this now because the press conference was about 10 days ago. We cared for and delivered a high risk mom with sextuplets here in PA. The month of May was stressful for our OB team---and the patient went into labor and delivered in early June. We had so many meetings and drills to practice for the delivery in the weeks preceeding the blessed event while we cared for her on our high risk unit.
Then I flew my middle child in from Tallahassee to be at her younger sister's high school graduation last week. And my son was in a wedding in Missouri for a week and got home on Father's Day (I was a little on-edge about him being in MO with the rash of recent bad tornados there). So just lots of hectic-ness ! <is that a word ?>
I will go back and try to catch up the best I can. But in the meantime, hope everyone is well !!!!!

MiaSRN62
06-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Oh Kathy....your photos of the GV are breathtaking !!!!! But come on now ?!!! Only 4 bathrooms ???? What's up with that ???!!!! :rotfl:

And Jill....I didn't know you were on the WDW Mom's Panel ?? How cool is that ?! :thumbsup2

KAT4DISNEY
06-25-2011, 01:46 AM
WOW is right! Beautiful photos of an amazing villa. Thanks for posting them!

The GV near the pool is HA and has a roll-in shower in the master bathroom instead of that nice shower stall. I read a trip report from someone who stayed in the HA GV and they were not happy about the roll-in shower.

Thanks Lisa! I was aware the GV near the pool was an HA and debated over requesting it because of that. The roll in shower doesn't bother us but I think the kitchen layout I saw in a picture was a bit different. The location seemed good though, if nobody else had needed it, since DH seems to become part fish once we get on vacation!

Kathy, thanks for the gorgeous pictures. Maybe some one should show the zebras one of those zebra floor rugs... give them a warning.

http://www.animalprintessentials.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/black%20striped%20zebra%20hide%20rug.jpg
"this was cousin ed, he wouldn't behave either".

:rotfl2: That ought to do it Eliza!! :rotfl2:

Kathy you should post it on the "Sakes Alive -AKL Lite thread on the resorts board. They go nuts over Zebra Domes but love room pictures as well.

Oooh - I haven't checked out that thread before. I'll take a look!

Oh Kathy....your photos of the GV are breathtaking !!!!! But come on now ?!!! Only 4 bathrooms ???? What's up with that ???!!!! :rotfl:

Thanks Maria! Wow - you've been busy!! I can't imagine sextuplets. :scared1:

Jill - thanks for sharing the pictures of the lodge! Glad to hear you're enjoying the Mom's panel and having some great trips too!

jimmytammy
06-25-2011, 07:01 AM
Jill
You stop by when you can, we know you represent us well.:thumbsup2Good to see you back.

I Book
Normally my weekends are work filled, Sun. is a day of rest, but last night, me, our DS and a DF from back in my HS days did something very uncharacteristic of myself. We went to a concert. Used to go all the time in my before marriage days, but the shows got too pricey for me. Last night we went to see Heart and Def Leppard and both were great! Had to wear ear plugs, but still enjoyed it. Had seen both on a few occasions back in the day, and both still are on their game these days. Showing my age;)

eliza61
06-25-2011, 07:47 AM
I can now openly say this now because the press conference was about 10 days ago. We cared for and delivered a high risk mom with sextuplets here in PA. The month of May was stressful for our OB team---and the patient went into labor and delivered in early June. We had so many meetings and drills to practice for the delivery in the weeks preceeding the blessed event while we cared for her on our high risk unit.
Then I flew my middle child in from Tallahassee to be at her younger sister's high school graduation last week. And my son was in a wedding in Missouri for a week and got home on Father's Day (I was a little on-edge about him being in MO with the rash of recent bad tornados there). So just lots of hectic-ness ! <is that a word ?>
I will go back and try to catch up the best I can. But in the meantime, hope everyone is well !!!!!

Well done Maria!! I'm in your neck of the woods so that story was all over the news.
Who'd ever think you need a drill practice for women giving birth but then the idea of 6 kids at one time shuts my brain down. :scared1:

try and catch a breathe. you have been busy.

Granny
06-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Eliza...too funny with the zebra rug. Don't let those zebra lovers see you though. :lmao:

Maria...congratulations to you and your team for your amazing work. It must be fulfilling to have a job that has such a positive impact on other people's lives. :thumbsup2

Jill...always great to "see" you here, and it sounds like the Mom's Panel is a lot of work and fun. Thanks for all the WL/VWL photos. It seems that you are doing a great job of showing off our beloved Lodge to a lot of potential Groupies. :)

Muushka
06-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Wow Cheer4. You have got the COOLEST JOB in the world!! Good to see you and thank you for sharing it with us!:goodvibes

Whoah! Maria! You have been a busy girl (but not quite as busy as that mom!). Not many nurses can put that on their resume!

Jill
You stop by when you can, we know you represent us well.:thumbsup2Good to see you back.

I Book
Normally my weekends are work filled, Sun. is a day of rest, but last night, me, our DS and a DF from back in my HS days did something very uncharacteristic of myself. We went to a concert. Used to go all the time in my before marriage days, but the shows got too pricey for me. Last night we went to see Heart and Def Leppard and both were great! Had to wear ear plugs, but still enjoyed it. Had seen both on a few occasions back in the day, and both still are on their game these days. Showing my age;)

Ahhhh. Heart. One of my favorite bands, and for sure my favorite gal-band.
Crazy on You, Barracuda, Dreamboat Annie....I could go on, but I won't.:cloud9:
Oh, I can't help it. Does anyone else love that Dreamboat Annie song, the way they do different renditions of it on the album? Love it!

:yay::yay:And now, setting my music preferences aside.....

Tomorrow! Another wonderful Groupie Birthday!!

Happy Birthday SlimpLaw!

So, where will lunch be? To celebrate the sextuplets birth,
Maria is treating!!!:yay::yay:

I Book He Pays
06-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi Groupies:

cheer4bison ~ Beautiful pictures of the lodge during the holidays. Thanks for sharing. I bet you are proud to part of the mom's panel and helping so many families planning their vacation.

KAT4DISNEY ~ DH would find every remote and have every TV on listening to CNBC making sure he doesn't miss anything. I can see it now! LOL Your pictures are really nice and vivid. I'll have to check into the Sony cameras.

eliza61 ~ ACK.. zebra rug? :scared1:

horselover ~ We have to go to AKL and save the zebras... also train them to play nicely!

SlimpLaw ~ Happy birthday and have a great day!
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYQqwXaCUa-DZKIyt4ladrfAELPQlPp5tINNGvcyEv6CfNeqkQmw

MiaSRN61 ~ You sure have been busy, especially at work. Sextuplets? WOW... I sure hope the parents will have family/friends helping them out.

jimmytammy ~ Def Leppard/Heart were two of my favorite groups to listen to! I haven't been to a concert in twenty plus years due to cost of the tickets. Even with ear plugs it had to be a blast! WTG!

Have a great day everyone and enjoy!

MiaSRN62
06-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks for all the understanding and words of support my Groupie friends ! Busy today too---have family coming over for a bbq. Finally the sun is out after 3 days of barely any !

jimmytammy
06-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Happy Birthday Slimplaw!!

jimmytammy
06-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Barb
I kept waiting for Dreamboat Annie and they never played it:confused:Only thing I can figure is they were playing to a hard rock kinda crowd, but I saw several 70s teens there, so they would have known the music. They did play Barracuda, Crazy on You, Heartless, etc., but it was their hard edge stuff from those days. Lots of 80s music including These Dreams, so DA would have fit just fine:confused3

wildernessDad
06-26-2011, 10:11 AM
c2b, Love the pics. That pizza looks good! :)

KAT4DISNEY
06-26-2011, 12:54 PM
:cake:Happy Birthday Slimplaw! :cake:

MiaSRN62
06-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Happy birthday Slimpslaw ! http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/MiaSRN62/clip%20art/4521.gif

Muushka
06-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Barb
I kept waiting for Dreamboat Annie and they never played it:confused:Only thing I can figure is they were playing to a hard rock kinda crowd, but I saw several 70s teens there, so they would have known the music. They did play Barracuda, Crazy on You, Heartless, etc., but it was their hard edge stuff from those days. Lots of 80s music including These Dreams, so DA would have fit just fine:confused3

Yes, if they did These Dreams they could have done our Dreamboat Annie!

Did you ever see that concert they did a couple of years ago where they had an orchestra and did every song from that album? I have it on DVD somewhere, it was great.
I wish I could have seen it, DA or not!:hippie:

Nicoal13
06-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Wow that AKV GV is amazing! I want to move there. I stayed in a studio at Kidani last year with some friends and we loved the savannah view, I can only imagine having such wonderful balconies like that. I would never want to leave!

We finally got a couple days of nice weather here after what seemed like 2 weeks of cold and rain. Today was gorgeous. DH is out mowing the lawn after coming home from a guys fishing trip. Sounds like a lot of shenanigans were had. DS and I spent the weekend with my Grandma, she came and stayed with us at our house. Played a lot of Scrabble with her, went shopping and out to lunch.

Mia - what an amazing miracle. I can't imagine having 6 babies. Unreal.

Nicoal13
06-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Your poor son. When I was around 30 I got an ear infection. I could not believe the pain. I hope he feels better soon.

DS is feeling better. Its amazing what those antibiotics can do.

kamikazecat
06-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Just wanted to touch base with you wonderful groupies. We are about to complete week one of our two week stay at the VWL and we are absolutely in love with this resort. We are in a beautiful studio overlooking the quiet pool and it is in excellent condition. Both the main pool and quiet pool are perfect for our 5yo boy who has decided that he likes this pool better than storm-a-long bay (where we spent our last week).

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who answered my questions about being the flag family. We inquired when we checked in and were shocked to be awarded July 4th. We are thrilled that we will get to raise the flag on such an important occasion. We will take tons of pictures.

I was so worried that I wouldn't like this resort as much as our beloved BLT. It turns out that I was wrong and will be an anxious 7 month booker from here on out. I am so glad I took a chance on this resort. :goodvibes

jimmytammy
06-27-2011, 05:44 AM
Barb
I vaguely remember seeing that Heart show on HDNet. Any show they do is amazing. They both know how to rock!! They did Led Zeppelin as an encore, in fact, sounded better than Robert Plant IMO.

Nicoal
Glad your DS is on the way to recovery

Kamikaze
Great snag! It is an honor to participate, but July 4, that is an honor all unto itself. Have a great time and soak it all in!! And glad you like VWL, all of us here are sorta partial too it:lovestruc

Dizny Dad
06-27-2011, 06:13 AM
. . . . . . . I was so worried that I wouldn't like this resort as much as our beloved BLT. It turns out that I was wrong and will be an anxious 7 month booker from here on out. I am so glad I took a chance on this resort. :goodvibes

Sounds like Addonitis beginning a slow eruption in the kamikazecat household.

Try cold compresses, asprin, and lots of rest. It wont work, and the thoughts of The Lodge will continue breaking into your daily thoughts, but it will make you feel like you made your best effort to delay your new home resort. ;)

Muushka
06-27-2011, 08:34 AM
DS is feeling better. Its amazing what those antibiotics can do.

Oh good! Glad he is feeling better. :cloud9:

(When I had my 'wicked' ear infection the ENT guy did a controlled puncture of my ear drum rather than letting it burst! Oye.:scared1:)

Just wanted to touch base with you wonderful groupies. We are about to complete week one of our two week stay at the VWL and we are absolutely in love with this resort. We are in a beautiful studio overlooking the quiet pool and it is in excellent condition. Both the main pool and quiet pool are perfect for our 5yo boy who has decided that he likes this pool better than storm-a-long bay (where we spent our last week).

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who answered my questions about being the flag family. We inquired when we checked in and were shocked to be awarded July 4th. We are thrilled that we will get to raise the flag on such an important occasion. We will take tons of pictures.

I was so worried that I wouldn't like this resort as much as our beloved BLT. It turns out that I was wrong and will be an anxious 7 month booker from here on out. I am so glad I took a chance on this resort. :goodvibes

kamikazecat, I am so glad you are enjoying VWL. And FF on the Fourth of July! How cool is that??:cool1:

Grab yourself a Moosie Siggy! I'll bet he would look really good on you!

Barb
I vaguely remember seeing that Heart show on HDNet. Any show they do is amazing. They both know how to rock!! They did Led Zeppelin as an encore, in fact, sounded better than Robert Plant IMO.

Nicoal
Glad your DS is on the way to recovery

Kamikaze
Great snag! It is an honor to participate, but July 4, that is an honor all unto itself. Have a great time and soak it all in!! And glad you like VWL, all of us here are sorta partial too it:lovestruc

Yes, it was on HDNet. Glad you saw it! And those ladies do know how to rock!:hippie:

wildernessDad
06-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Gosh, I love my DVC so much! Who's with me???

MiaSRN62
06-27-2011, 12:57 PM

LOVE....LOVE.....LOVE DVC ! Became Members in 2000 and never regretted a moment !

Originally Posted by kamikazecat
Just wanted to touch base with you wonderful groupies. We are about to complete week one of our two week stay at the VWL and we are absolutely in love with this resort.
ahhh....now you will never get the voice in your head to stop....."must add on VWl....must add on VWL....". I hear it all the time !

MiaSRN62
06-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Mia - what an amazing miracle. I can't imagine having 6 babies. Unreal.

Thanks Nicole...it truly is a miracle. Also glad your son is doing better. I had such trouble with my ears as a child. The pain was unbearable. Finally at age 9, had my tonsils and adenoids removed and I think I have had maybe 2-3 ear infections since I was 9 !

jimmytammy
06-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Stan called me from home just a few minutes ago. Said he got home Fri about 11pm. He has to go back for chemo 5 days a week starting next Tues., but is in remission, taking chemo to allow bone marrow transplants time to work in his body. He will take treatments one week, evaluate, and go from there.

He says to tell all here that he really appreciates the cards, letters, well wishes, and prayers on his behalf. He said that each one seemed to arrive at the appropriate moment, maybe when he was feeling bad, or down, and each lifted his spirits. He says he cherishes each one, and is looking forward to reading each again, under different eyes, those of a man healing rather than hurting, and count each as a part of his turnaround to better health. He sends his love to all here, and feels it a blessing to have friends here, those met and those he hopes to meet someday. He says he hopes God blesses each and every one of us.

From the bottom of my heart folks, thank you so much for all you have done. I love you guys, you are family, you are kindred spirit. You came through when you were needed, and in a big way.

MiaSRN62
06-27-2011, 06:44 PM
He says to tell all here that he really appreciates the cards, letters, well wishes, and prayers on his behalf. He said that each one seemed to arrive at the appropriate moment, maybe when he was feeling bad, or down, and each lifted his spirits. He says he cherishes each one, and is looking forward to reading each again, under different eyes, those of a man healing rather than hurting, and count each as a part of his turnaround to better health. He sends his love to all here, and feels it a blessing to have friends here, those met and those he hopes to meet someday. He says he hopes God blesses each and every one of us.

From the bottom of my heart folks, thank you so much for all you have done. I love you guys, you are family, you are kindred spirit. You came through when you were needed, and in a big way.

Such a wonderful thing to log on to and read. Thank God Stan is pulling through. Thanks so much for the update JT ! Where are people sending him cards ? Was there an address ?

horselover
06-27-2011, 06:49 PM

Me!!!! :goodvibes

JT - more good news on Stan. :goodvibes Thanks for the update.

Disney loving Iowan
06-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Such a wonderful thing to log on to and read. Thank God Stan is pulling through. Thanks so much for the update JT ! Where are people sending him cards ? Was there an address ?

Yes, please tell!!! I wasn't on here for awhile and didn't even know he was sick! So glad he is doing better!

Nicoal13
06-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Oh good! Glad he is feeling better. :cloud9:

(When I had my 'wicked' ear infection the ENT guy did a controlled puncture of my ear drum rather than letting it burst! Oye.:scared1:)

Oh my gosh! That sounds horrible. Thank goodness they didn't have to do that to DS.

Yes!!! And I don't have any trips planned right now....used up all my points for the year already and hate to borrow.

Stan called me from home just a few minutes ago. Said he got home Fri about 11pm. He has to go back for chemo 5 days a week starting next Tues., but is in remission, taking chemo to allow bone marrow transplants time to work in his body. He will take treatments one week, evaluate, and go from there.

Wonderful news about Stan. As I said before I never got a chance to meet Stan when he was still working but had heard such wonderful things about him. I'm so happy he is doing well. I've been praying for him.

Dizny Dad
06-28-2011, 05:30 AM
For Stan and Carolyn . . .

Hip Hip Hurray!

Hip Hip . . . . . .

(Thanks Jimmy)

jimmytammy
06-28-2011, 06:23 AM
I will PM you his home:thumbsup2 address. If anyone else needs it I will be glad to share as well.

eliza61
06-28-2011, 10:53 AM
It's amazing how times have changed!! :rotfl2:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m260/eliza61nyc/MailAttachment015.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m260/eliza61nyc/MailAttachment014.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m260/eliza61nyc/MailAttachment013.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m260/eliza61nyc/MailAttachment005.jpg

Gals, the guy is for after the hubby says the previous advertisement.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m260/eliza61nyc/MailAttachment012.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m260/eliza61nyc/MailAttachment007.jpg

eliza61
06-28-2011, 10:55 AM

:littleangel: This has made me smile. JT, thank you for keeping us connected.

Dizny Dad
06-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Jimmy,

I hope your PM space is full because of the overwhelming response for Stan & Carolyn's address. Thanks for taking care of that and for spreading it around.

Don't let anyone know I was looking for it also . . .;)

Dizny Dad
06-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Elisa - :lmao:

A nice laugh; it gave me something to do on my lunch break, especially since DiznyDi is shopping 62% of the time . . .

I Book He Pays
06-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi Groupies!

wildernessDad ~ I'm not a DVC owner but after what DH/I experienced in May... Love It, Love It, Love It! We plan on becoming DVC owners in the future once we move to SC. I can understand why DVC is extremely popular and everyone loves it.

jimmytammy ~ Great news about Stan!! Thanks so much for the update.

Muushka ~ OUCH...

Eliza61 ~ LOL... Those advertisements are a hoot!

Anyone have plans for the holiday weekend?

Have a great afternoon!

Muushka
06-28-2011, 12:57 PM
I should have qualified my statement about my eardrum being clinically popped. I felt great relief once that pressure went away!

E, too funny.

I Book Just a cookout with friends on Sunday evening.

MiaSRN62
06-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Oh eliza...eliza...eliza......you find the best stuff ! Thanks SO much for the laugh !!!!!

MiaSRN62
06-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Jimmy,

I hope your PM space is full because of the overwhelming response for Stan & Carolyn's address. Thanks for taking care of that and for spreading it around.

Don't let anyone know I was looking for it also . . .;)

It is !!!!!!! I just tried to send JT a PM....full for sure :thumbsup2

stopher1
06-29-2011, 07:51 AM
I'm baaaaacccckkkkkk!!!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I haven't taken the time to go back and read through what I missed yet, but I will. I'm sure SOMETHING notable happened in those 8 or 9 pages I missed while being gone. (I WILL read through these... I won't read through the 52 pages I missed over on the Dad's Club thread though... :rotfl: way too much silliness there to spend time actually trying to get caught up).

It was wonderful once again to spend a week deep in the woods. My soul is refreshed. The deer were so beautiful. I saw to different bucks - one with an enormous rack, the other smaller but still quite impressive. But the doe and her fawns were so neat to watch. Twice during the week they came ambling through our campsite in the wee hours of morning. As the Camp Director, I'm first up in the morning and last to bed at night. All week I got about 18 hours of sleep in total. Then when I got home, I slept for nearly that amount in one session ... but here it is 4 days later and I'm still tired. That's okay... I love it.

I spent a lot of great times in conversation with both adults and Scouts. We have some awesome young men in our Troop, and it's a pleasure to be able to get to know them, and to be a mentor to them.

I head west on July 14th for my grandmother's memorial service. She was buried in a quiet, no fanfare kind of way with plans for the service well underway. Family from all over the country will be there... so I'm looking forward to seeing the various aunts, uncles, great-aunts & uncles, cousins, second cousins, my brother, my dad, etc... Due to airfare cost, I had to stretch out my trip a bit (I get up to 5 days bereavement leave, and I'm pretty much taking it all)... and while I'm there I decided I couldn't be in So Cal and NOT visit my happy place... so Disneyland is on the agenda as well. :) I couldn't get a room at VGC, but that's okay. I'll survive. :cool2:

I'll be back around soon - I just wanted to say hi.

Disney loving Iowan
06-29-2011, 10:10 AM
I will PM you his home:thumbsup2 address. If anyone else needs it I will be glad to share as well.

Got it! Thanks!

Eliza - That was too funny!

Stopher - Glad you had such a good time. I love it when I see deer when I go for my walk. They are beautiful animals.

Disney loving Iowan
06-29-2011, 10:15 AM
So my DH informed me last night that we are going to DW in December! We won't be staying at the Lodge. Boo Hoo. We will be at BWV and Portofino Bay where we will be doing the Harry Potter thing that the Dis podcast is having. We will be there Dec 2 thru the 12th. Hopefully this years trip will be better than last years. Although we stayed at the Grand Floridian and the Lodge it wasn't much fun. A week before we left my DH threw out his back, then DD and I both got sick while there. Glad to have a trip to plan!!!! Gotta get a ticker!!!:banana::banana::banana:

franandaj
06-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Eliza - Very Funny! Yes, times have changed quite a bit! :rotfl2:

I Book - Our Community Concert Band is giving a concert the night of the 4th before they show the fireworks over the Queen Mary in Long Beach. Should be a busy and crazy evening! :eek:

Stopher - I hope you plan on staying in the OC while you are here. I'm not sure how much you follow SoCal news anymore, but you are coming the weekend of Carmageddon. They are closing the 405 from the 101 to the 10 Freeways and if you listen to the Media you would think that the world was coming to an end and we will forever be separated from those North of UCLA! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I hope that enjoy your family time and visit to DL while you are here. It's a sad reason for visiting but celebrate your wonderful grandmother and cherish the precious time you have with the family you still have.

Muushka
06-29-2011, 04:00 PM
So my DH informed me last night that we are going to DW in December! We won't be staying at the Lodge. Boo Hoo. We will be at BWV and Portofino Bay where we will be doing the Harry Potter thing that the Dis podcast is having. We will be there Dec 2 thru the 12th. Hopefully this years trip will be better than last years. Although we stayed at the Grand Floridian and the Lodge it wasn't much fun. A week before we left my DH threw out his back, then DD and I both got sick while there. Glad to have a trip to plan!!!! Gotta get a ticker!!!:banana::banana::banana:

WooHoo! Lucky you! I love Portofino Bay, what a beautiful resort! Enjoy! Pictures!!

Stopher, good to see you :wave: I thought it was a little quiet around here, you were missed.
I also hope that your time in CA is a blessed one.
Remembering your Grandmother, being with family. :hug:
And a sweet visit to the CA Mouse.:flower3:

:banana::banana:And Happy Birthday tomorrow to a very special Groupie....
.......wait for it.....

Magicalmcwho! Have a great day tomorrow!!!

Where are we going to enjoy the birthday together???:banana::banana:

MiaSRN62
06-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Hi Groupies!
Anyone have plans for the holiday weekend?

Have a great afternoon!
Unfortunately I have to work Sat/Sun/Mon 3 pm to 11:30 pm all days :sad1:
But I hope you all have a great weekend !

Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan
So my DH informed me last night that we are going to DW in December! We won't be staying at the Lodge. Boo Hoo. We will be at BWV and Portofino Bay where we will be doing the Harry Potter thing that the Dis podcast is having. We will be there Dec 2 thru the 12th.
Sounds like an awesome trip ! I have always wanted to stay at PB !!!!

Stopher....welcome back. Sounds like a nice relaxing trip you had. I'm sure your July trip will be bittersweet in that it's the memorial service for your loved one---but you will also get to see lots of family. Sweet you're making a side trip to DL :thumbsup2

MiaSRN62
06-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Have you all seen this Restaurants.com offer orig sent by Mousesavers.com ? Expires tomorrow. Use the promo code "SUMMER" to get the full discount. They never expire. Unfortunately House of Blues is sold out. But I am going to be trying several Swan and Dolphin restaurants with these certificates. I purchased certificates for $125 worth of food for $10 :thumbsup2

Save even more on already discounted gift certificates from Restaurant.com! Enter a promotional code listed below in the field on your shopping cart. Remember to click "Recalculate Total" to apply your savings.

Get an extra 80% off already discounted $25 gift certificates at Restaurant.com! Buy a $25 certificate for just $2 after the discount. Use code SUMMER. Expires 6/30/11.

Restaurant.com requires a US zip code when purchasing. However, readers in the UK and Canada report using Restaurant.com successfully by changing their postal code for any random US zip code, such as 32830, which is the zip code for Disney World. They report that Canadian and UK credit cards usually go through just fine even with the wrong postal code attached. Since you print out Restaurant.com certificates at home, your mailing address isn't used for mailing purposes; thus having the wrong postal code on the account really doesn't matter.

Promo codes cannot be combined with any other discount, rebate or promotion. Savings cannot be applied to the redemption of Mega Certificates or Restaurant.com certificates.

http://www.mousesavers.com/meals.html#restcom

Grumpy Grandma
06-29-2011, 05:45 PM
Have you all seen this Restaurants.com offer orig sent by Mousesavers.com ? Expires tomorrow. Use the promo code "SUMMER" to get the full discount. They never expire. Unfortunately House of Blues is sold out. But I am going to be trying several Swan and Dolphin restaurants with these certificates. I purchased certificates for $125 worth of food for $10 :thumbsup2

http://www.mousesavers.com/meals.html#restcom

I stocked up on them a couple of days ago - since they never expire I'm planning to use one or two each trip.

jimmytammy
06-30-2011, 05:46 AM
My PM box is now able to take more, so anyone needing Stans address, just send me a message and I will get back with ASAP:)

jimmytammy
06-30-2011, 05:49 AM
Happy Birthday Magicalmcwho!!
I have had the opportunity to meet Jim on several occasions at VWL and he is a great guy!!

MiaSRN62
06-30-2011, 06:30 AM
Birthday Wishes Magicalmcwho !

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/MiaSRN62/clip%20art/CDP-TDL-9.jpg

I Book He Pays
06-30-2011, 07:00 AM
Hi Groupies:

Muushka ~ Enjoy the cookout on Sunday.

stopher1 ~ Sounds like you had a great time and met some wonderful people. Welcome back! Your trip to CA will be a mix of emotions but at the same time you'll be reuniting with family that you haven't seen in years. Glad you'll be able to spend some time with the mouse!

Disney loving Iowan ~ Awesome!!! I hope all of you will have a much better vacation this year. Being sick on vacation is not fun! Happy planning!

Magicalmcwho ~ Happy Birthday! Have a great day and enjoy!
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTupCY9Eg_QBhVxhHs592ulvbALCjrCQ BAUYaZZkNs_t5WnobAjxg

MiaSRN62 ~ Sorry that you have to work all weekend. Let me know how you like the restaurants at the Swan/Dolphin. House of Blues is great and DH/I love it there! Restaurants.com is excellent and I'm thrilled that there are no expiration dates anymore.

franandaj ~ Your going to have a great time on the 4th. Crazy/busy but to see fireworks over the Queen Mary is a sight to see. Enjoy and be careful.

Have a great day everyone.

stopher1
06-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Stopher - I hope you plan on staying in the OC while you are here. I'm not sure how much you follow SoCal news anymore, but you are coming the weekend of Carmageddon. They are closing the 405 from the 101 to the 10 Freeways and if you listen to the Media you would think that the world was coming to an end and we will forever be separated from those North of UCLA! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I hope that enjoy your family time and visit to DL while you are here. It's a sad reason for visiting but celebrate your wonderful grandmother and cherish the precious time you have with the family you still have.

I HAVE read about Carmageddon... had me rolling too. :rotfl:

I will be staying in the OC. I'll be at my FIL's for part of it, and in Anaheim for part of it. Hoping to see some other friends while I'm there, but so far haven't been able to "get on the schedule" of some of them. We'll see though. Will you be at the parks on Sunday (17) or Monday (18) by chance? If so, perhaps a meet is in the cards. If not, that's cool - I just thought I'd throw it out there.

MiaSRN62
06-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Sorry that you have to work all weekend. Let me know how you like the restaurants at the Swan/Dolphin. House of Blues is great and DH/I love it there! Restaurants.com is excellent and I'm thrilled that there are no expiration dates anymore.

Thanks I Book He Pays......the life of a nurse.....

And I'll definitely report back on my experiences with the S&D hotels. Probably not places I'd ordinarily try if not for these certificates, so they're nice in that way.

wildernessDad
06-30-2011, 10:18 AM
I need a WDW fix.

MiaSRN62
06-30-2011, 10:24 AM
I need a WDW fix.

WOOOT ! I second that motion WD.....and it's only been 8 weeks since I've been there ! August 20th can't come soon enough !!!! :banana:

Disney loving Iowan
06-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Disney loving Iowan ~ Awesome!!! I hope all of you will have a much better vacation this year. Being sick on vacation is not fun! Happy planning![/FONT][/COLOR]

Thanks!

KAT4DISNEY
06-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Happy Birthday Magicalmcwho!! :bday:

franandaj
06-30-2011, 01:22 PM
I need a WDW fix.

I would be happy with any interactive Disney fix! :thumbsup2

Stopher - it would be fun to head out to the parks, but with our date for the Estate sale set for July 26-27 and the fact that the company said we can bring anything we want over, I will be busy for the next month.

DiznyDi
06-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Boy Groupies, I really feel out-of-the-loop! It seems like weeks since I've had opportunity to scan the Boards.
We still have only a dial-up Internet connection and it seems to be getting ever slower and slower. It's not uncommon to see me sitting at my computer and looking up info on my phone and DDad's iPad while I'm waiting on my pages to load.....

Just saw we're having another Groupie birthday, so wanted to wish Magicalmcwho a very Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy your day in celebration with family and friends.

Stay well my Groupie friends and enjoy your holiday week-end!

Life should return to 'normal' for us once DS and his wife are settled in to their new home in Virginia. We'll be making the trip to Leesburg next week. Any groupies in the area (Leesburg) and up for a meet?

wildernessDad
06-30-2011, 03:30 PM
WOOOT ! I second that motion WD.....and it's only been 8 weeks since I've been there ! August 20th can't come soon enough !!!! :banana:

I have to wait until November 23. :P

Muushka
06-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Boy Groupies, I really feel out-of-the-loop! It seems like weeks since I've had opportunity to scan the Boards.
We still have only a dial-up Internet connection and it seems to be getting ever slower and slower. It's not uncommon to see me sitting at my computer and looking up info on my phone and DDad's iPad while I'm waiting on my pages to load.....

Just saw we're having another Groupie birthday, so wanted to wish Magicalmcwho a very Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy your day in celebration with family and friends.

Stay well my Groupie friends and enjoy your holiday week-end!

Life should return to 'normal' for us once DS and his wife are settled in to their new home in Virginia. We'll be making the trip to Leesburg next week. Any groupies in the area (Leesburg) and up for a meet?

Hi Di :wave:

I wish were were closer, would love to see you. But have a great trip!

PS I feel for you with the dial-up. I had it up until a few years ago.:sad2:

stopher1
06-30-2011, 06:59 PM
I would be happy with any interactive Disney fix! :thumbsup2

Stopher - it would be fun to head out to the parks, but with our date for the Estate sale set for July 26-27 and the fact that the company said we can bring anything we want over, I will be busy for the next month.

NO worries Alison... I just thought I would throw it out there ... just in case. I'm sure we'll be able to get together at some point in the future. :)

Corinne
06-30-2011, 08:36 PM
I need a WDW fix.

Me too~and it has only been 4 weeks for me! :laughing:

blossomz
07-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi everyone! Relaxing pool side at our beloved VWL pool. Been checking in via Facebook. Haven't been able to post till now. Spent 4 lovely nights at Kidani and then moved here. We are in 5557....the very last room lakeside on the long hall. Actually very roomy 2 BR! Having a great trip. Still hard not to find Stan! Will post some photos when I get back. Check out Yee Haw Bob's photos. We had a blast with him at POR. He is definitely worth checking out. So much fun and another great Disney treasure!

jimmytammy
07-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Hi everyone! Relaxing pool side at our beloved VWL pool. Been checking in via Facebook. Haven't been able to post till now. Spent 4 lovely nights at Kidani and then moved here. We are in 5557....the very last room lakeside on the long hall. Actually very roomy 2 BR! Having a great trip. Still hard not to find Stan! Will post some photos when I get back. Check out Yee Haw Bob's photos. We had a blast with him at POR. He is definitely worth checking out. So much fun and another great Disney treasure!

I was reading about Yeehaa Bob in Celebrations Mag. What time does he play, he sounds interesting?

blossomz
07-02-2011, 02:52 PM
His show is awesome! He plays the River Roost lounge from 8 pm to 11:45 pm. He doesn't stop! The show is really gun. First set is for younger kids. As he moves thru the evening his music is geared more to adults. Lots of audience participation. He is there Wed to Sat. I always thought it would be hard to get there without a car but it is an easy boatride from DD. Definitely not to be missed! Loads of fun!:banana:

jimmytammy
07-02-2011, 06:51 PM
His show is awesome! He plays the River Roost lounge from 8 pm to 11:45 pm. He doesn't stop! The show is really gun. First set is for younger kids. As he moves thru the evening his music is geared more to adults. Lots of audience participation. He is there Wed to Sat. I always thought it would be hard to get there without a car but it is an easy boatride from DD. Definitely not to be missed! Loads of fun!:banana:

Thanks!!

twokats
07-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Happy 4th of July to all Groupies!!! pixiedust:

Thought I would finally check in and give an update from me and mom and a happy birthday to all that have had one, hope all had good trips that have been lately, good planning to those getting ready in the next few and I am also so glad that Stan is better.

I got my "graduation" certificate Thursday June 30th, for my last radiation treatment!! :woohoo: The area is a little "sunburned", but my radiation oncologist has been very pleased with how I have tolerated the treatments. I started my chemo pill last night, so now I will wait and see if I tolerate that as well.

Sorry I cannot give as good of news for my darling Mom. She has gotten progressively worse. She finished her last chemo pill Wednesday and we made the decision not to do any more since the side effects from it are getting as bad as the other chemo was and the cancer is not responding to it at all. The numbers are going higher and higher and the pain is constant. She has lost the use of her legs, so she is now totally bedridden and we left home health Friday and switched to our local hospice agency. We had our first nurse visit today and they are trying some new meds since even the morphine (which we just started 3 weeks ago) is not totally working anymore. I have slowly been taking care of legal issues that have been needed and am making notes of several of her wishes so that I can carry them out. I don't want to loose her, but it is really hard to see her in such pain, so we pray for God's will and make her as comfortable as possible.

As usual I thank my Groupie friends for your support and all of your listening ears to be able to give an occasional vent. I really do wish that each and every one of you has a great holiday weekend.:goodvibes

MiaSRN62
07-03-2011, 06:27 AM

Hi blossomz ~Jealous !!!! Glad you're having fun though ! I'll have to check out Yee Haw Bob soon !

DiznyDi.....still on dial-up ? I thought that was outlawed !?!? :rotfl:

MiaSRN62
07-03-2011, 06:30 AM

Thought I would finally check in and give an update from me and mom and a happy birthday to all that have had one, hope all had good trips that have been lately, good planning to those getting ready in the next few and I am also so glad that Stan is better.

I got my "graduation" certificate Thursday June 30th, for my last radiation treatment!! :woohoo: The area is a little "sunburned", but my radiation oncologist has been very pleased with how I have tolerated the treatments. I started my chemo pill last night, so now I will wait and see if I tolerate that as well.

Sorry I cannot give as good of news for my darling Mom. She has gotten progressively worse. She finished her last chemo pill Wednesday and we made the decision not to do any more since the side effects from it are getting as bad as the other chemo was and the cancer is not responding to it at all. The numbers are going higher and higher and the pain is constant. She has lost the use of her legs, so she is now totally bedridden and we left home health Friday and switched to our local hospice agency. We had our first nurse visit today and they are trying some new meds since even the morphine (which we just started 3 weeks ago) is not totally working anymore. I have slowly been taking care of legal issues that have been needed and am making notes of several of her wishes so that I can carry them out. I don't want to loose her, but it is really hard to see her in such pain, so we pray for God's will and make her as comfortable as possible.

As usual I thank my Groupie friends for your support and all of your listening ears to be able to give an occasional vent. I really do wish that each and every one of you has a great holiday weekend.:goodvibes

twokats....
So happy and relieved you have responded to the radiation. Congrats on the graudation ! I wish you continued improvement !
In regards to your mother....my heart goes out to you. Dh and I were in a very similar situation in 2004 so I know how difficult and a heartbreaking a time this is. Thoughts going out to you and prayers up to heaven......hang in there.

franandaj
07-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Twokats - Congrats on your recovery, but so sorry to hear about your mother. I lost a dear friend to cancer several years ago and it went much like you are describing with your mother. I am so sorry for what you are going through, and the pain that she is in. I will keep you in my prayers.

Disney loving Iowan
07-03-2011, 02:28 PM

So glad you are doing well. I wish the same could be said for your mom. So sorry she is going through this. My prayers go out to her.

blossomz
07-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Kat..glad you are doing well but so sorry about your mom.

Sitting at MCO...flight delay :sad2:

9:15 pm. We are driving home! Flight was only 30 min delayed. Back to reality!

Corinne
07-04-2011, 06:04 AM

Kathy,

So great to hear you are doing well, and hope you continue to do so. I am so sorry about your mom. It is just so hard. Sending prayers and thoughts your way.:littleangel:

Corinne
07-04-2011, 06:10 AM
Happy Independence Day Groupies,

Today by "baby" turns 21! We celebrated yesterday, every year we have a party for him and my dad, who turned 80 yesterday. It was a wonderful day. :goodvibes

Hope you all have a nice day!:)

jimmytammy
07-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Happy Independence Day!!!

jimmytammy
07-04-2011, 07:21 AM
Kat
Prayers continuing for you and your family

horselover
07-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Twokats - hooray on your good news! So glad to hear you've been responding well to the treatment. I'm very sorry to hear the bad news about your DM. :sad2: The final part of the journey can be very difficult to watch. My heart breaks for you & your mom. I will continue to pray for God's blessings & guidance for all of your during this difficult time. :hug:

Muushka
07-04-2011, 10:08 AM

Bittersweet news, Kathy. Praying for your continued recovery and strength. And praying for your Mom, and God's will.

Peace be with you both. :hug:

Muushka
07-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Declaration of Independence

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. --Such has been the patient sufferance of these colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over these states. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his assent to laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
click here

He has forbidden his governors to pass laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of representation in the legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved representative houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the legislative powers, incapable of annihilation, have returned to the people at large for their exercise; the state remaining in the meantime exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

He has endeavored to prevent the population of these states; for that purpose obstructing the laws for naturalization of foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migration hither, and raising the conditions of new appropriations of lands.

He has obstructed the administration of justice, by refusing his assent to laws for establishing judiciary powers.

He has made judges dependent on his will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, standing armies without the consent of our legislature.

He has affected to render the military independent of and superior to civil power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his assent to their acts of pretended legislation:

For quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

For protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment for any murders which they should commit on the inhabitants of these states:

For cutting off our trade with all parts of the world:

For imposing taxes on us without our consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of trial by jury:

For transporting us beyond seas to be tried for pretended offenses:

For abolishing the free system of English laws in a neighboring province, establishing therein an arbitrary government, and enlarging its boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule in these colonies:

For taking away our charters, abolishing our most valuable laws, and altering fundamentally the forms of our governments:

For suspending our own legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

He has abdicated government here, by declaring us out of his protection and waging war against us.

He has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burned our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.

He is at this time transporting large armies of foreign mercenaries to complete the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of cruelty and perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the head of a civilized nation.

He has constrained our fellow citizens taken captive on the high seas to bear arms against their country, to become the executioners of their friends and brethren, or to fall themselves by their hands.

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavored to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian savages, whose known rule of warfare, is undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these oppressions we have petitioned for redress in the most humble terms: our repeated petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Nor have we been wanting in attention to our British brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, enemies in war, in peace friends.

We, therefore, the representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress, assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name, and by the authority of the good people of these colonies, solemnly publish and declare, that these united colonies are, and of right ought to be free and independent states; that they are absolved from all allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the state of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as free and independent states, they have full power to levy war, conclude peace, contract alliances, establish commerce, and to do all other acts and things which independent states may of right do. And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.

New Hampshire: Josiah Bartlett, William *******, Matthew Thornton

Massachusetts: John Hancock, Samual Adams, John Adams, Robert Treat Paine, Elbridge Gerry

Rhode Island: Stephen Hopkins, William Ellery

Connecticut: Roger Sherman, Samuel Huntington, William Williams, Oliver Wolcott

New York: William Floyd, Philip Livingston, Francis Lewis, Lewis Morris

New Jersey: Richard Stockton, John Witherspoon, Francis Hopkinson, John Hart, Abraham Clark

Pennsylvania: Robert Morris, Benjamin Rush, Benjamin Franklin, John Morton, George Clymer, James Smith, George Taylor, James Wilson, George Ross

Delaware: Caesar Rodney, George Read, Thomas McKean

Maryland: Samuel Chase, William Paca, Thomas Stone, Charles Carroll of Carrollton

Virginia: George Wythe, Richard Henry Lee, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson, Jr., Francis Lightfoot Lee, Carter Braxton

North Carolina: William Hooper, Joseph Hewes, John Penn

South Carolina: Edward Rutledge, Thomas Heyward, Jr., Thomas Lynch, Jr., Arthur Middleton

Georgia: Button Gwinnett, Lyman Hall, George Walton

Source: The Pennsylvania Packet, July 8, 1776

http://www.zingerbug.com/holidays/glitter_graphics/happy_4th_of_july_flag_overlay_glitter.gif

cheer4bison
07-05-2011, 05:12 AM
Good morning Groupies! It's so good to be back in the company of friends. I sure hope you all had an amazing 4th of July weekend. We enjoyed a fireworks display back home in Pennsylvania. It was a lovely evening. Great way to celebrate! :goodvibes

Muushka
07-05-2011, 11:56 AM
:yay::yay:Birthday! Birthday!!

Happy Birthday Oshawa!

We hope you have a great day tomorrow!

Where shall we dine????:yay::yay:

blossomz
07-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Hey!!!

Happy Birthday Oshawa!

jimmytammy
07-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Hey all
Muushka made me aware that Stan was going to have to go back in the hospital(Thanks Barb for clearing a lot up on Stans condition). He went back in today, 2 doors down from his previous room. He hopes to be there no more than a week, probably more likely 2. he is having treatments again, not as aggressive as before, but the Dr. was concerned about some things that she didnt catch before. So here is his address if anyone so wishes to send him best regards. As before, he asks for prayers and appreciates all that have been sent heavenward so far.

Florida Hospital Altamonte
601 East Altamonte Dr.
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Room # 3908
Mr. Stan Moore

cheer4bison
07-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks for Stan's contact information. I'll be sure to send some pixie dust his way. :hug:

Jill

Hey all
Muushka made me aware that Stan was going to have to go back in the hospital(Thanks Barb for clearing a lot up on Stans condition). He went back in today, 2 doors down from his previous room. He hopes to be there no more than a week, probably more likely 2. he is having treatments again, not as aggressive as before, but the Dr. was concerned about some things that she didnt catch before. So here is his address if anyone so wishes to send him best regards. As before, he asks for prayers and appreciates all that have been sent heavenward so far.

Florida Hospital Altamonte
601 East Altamonte Dr.
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Room # 3908
Mr. Stan Moore

blossomz
07-05-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm on it! Thanks for the update!

jimmytammy
07-06-2011, 06:22 AM
Happy Birthday Oshawa!!

Muushka
07-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Happy Birthday Oshawa!!!!

Thank you Jimmy for the update on our Ranger Stan. :hug:

Disney loving Iowan
07-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Happy birthday Oshawa!

Thanks for the update on Stan.

I Book He Pays
07-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi Groupies:

How's everyone doing? Hope all of you enjoy the holiday weekend!

Maria ~ Looking forward to reading your reports on the restaurants. Thanks so much! :) If DH/I didn't do the DDP for both weeks we would have gone to the restaurants there.

DiznyDi ~ Best of luck to your DS/DIL with their new home. Hope the move goes smoothly.:) Dial up? What's that? Don't feel bad... I have friends in ME that has dial up.

blossomz ~ Glad you had a great vacation and welcome home! :)

twocats ~ Great news about you and sending good thoughts your way with the chemo treatments. I'm very sorry to read that your mom isn't doing well and my heart goes out to you. Thoughts/prayers are with you and your mom. :hug:

Corinne ~ Happy belated birthday to your "baby" and father. :cake:

Muushka ~ Thanks for the posting the Declaration of Independence.:)

Oshawa ~ Happy Birthday!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_MS-zRHU3JwAtQOUNhGs-dJsldkBg8eZR_jnzbLlPluzLhc_Q4A

jimmytammy ~ Poor Stan. :hug: Thanks for the update and please keep us posted.

KAT4DISNEY
07-06-2011, 01:04 PM
:bday:Happy Birthday Oshawa!! :bday:

wildernessDad
07-06-2011, 01:29 PM
I hope that Stan does well with his treatments.

I hope all my fellow groupies are doing well. Now, let's go to VWL!!!!

tea pot
07-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Hello :wave:
My Dear Groupie Friends

Boy it feels like I've been off the boards forever.
A lot things have been up and down around here
but now they have seemed to level out thankfully
nothing too serious.

You have all been in my prayers

Jimmy thanks for the update on Ranger Stan
I will be sending another card his way.

Hope you are all well and enjoying the summer

I'm off to catch up :surfweb:

Take Care :flower3:

jimmytammy
07-06-2011, 08:46 PM
I hope that Stan does well with his treatments.

I hope all my fellow groupies are doing well. Now, let's go to VWL!!!!

Im with you WD, when do we leave?:cool1:

cheer4bison
07-07-2011, 05:18 AM
Got a question on the Moms Panel site yesterday asking where I thought a family of three with a young son should stay while visiting Walt Disney World...

I'll give the Groupies three guesses as to which resort I recommended :rolleyes1

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?page=2&where=panel&qid=135960&pid=45&cid=70

(Do you think I convinced them?)

jimmytammy
07-07-2011, 06:11 AM
Got a question on the Moms Panel site yesterday asking where I thought a family of three with a young son should stay while visiting Walt Disney World...

I'll give the Groupies three guesses as to which resort I recommended :rolleyes1

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?page=2&where=panel&qid=135960&pid=45&cid=70

Im so proud of you Jill. Great answer BTW;)

cheer4bison
07-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Thanks Jimmy! It means the world to me. :hug:

Muushka
07-07-2011, 08:16 AM
WD, when do we leave??:confused3

Cheer4, couldn't have said it any better myself.:thumbsup2

tea pot
07-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Jill
You made me "home sick"
I wish I had someone like you and a Mom's Panel when my girls were young.
So I'm with WD,Jimmy, and Muushka when do we leave?

tea pot
07-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Muushka
Thanks for the Declaration of Independence.
It's good to be reminded what that BBQ day is really about.

Did I ever tell you how much I like your Animal Farm quote
and now your definition of INSANITY ;)

wildernessDad
07-07-2011, 11:07 AM
WD, when do we leave??:confused3

Jill
So I'm with WD,Jimmy, and Muushka when do we leave?

NOW!!! Let's get the heck out of Dodge! :thumbsup2

I Book He Pays
07-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Hi Groupies:
I'm ready to go back... We can all meet here...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2053/5776356745_d82843c084.jpg

And then go here...

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6006/5912556089_52e2596ee4.jpg

eliza61
07-07-2011, 01:38 PM

:thumbsup2

LOL, ya done us proud Jill!! Great answer.

eliza61
07-07-2011, 01:47 PM
So I got a questionaire in the mail today and need some opinions.

The dedication of the 9/11 memorial is going to happen this September on the 10th anniversary. I got a default invite but not sure if I'm going.

Anyhoo, two questions came up that I need your vote on.

1) Should the memorial charge an admission fee or be free? Now I'll admit I've gotten info on it before that I pretty much trashed. :rolleyes: Hey between Sid, Rizzo, two dogs and work, I only have so much brain matter to go around. So I assuming that if no fee is charged cost will either come from donations or the governement. Don't know.

2) Would you (visitor) be willing to pay $15 bucks. This is an adult fee. doesn't say if there will be discounts like the museums in DC. for seniors or kids. I cant imagine they would not have.

Yea or Nay!

Thanks guys.

MiaSRN62
07-07-2011, 04:29 PM

Great answer Jill ! You've got me convinced ! :goodvibes:thumbsup2

MiaSRN62
07-07-2011, 04:33 PM

The dedication of the 9/11 memorial is going to happen this September on the 10th anniversary. I got a default invite but not sure if I'm going.

1) Should the memorial charge an admission fee or be free? Now I'll admit I've gotten info on it before that I pretty much trashed. :rolleyes: Hey between Sid, Rizzo, two dogs and work, I only have so much brain matter to go around. So I assuming that if no fee is charged cost will either come from donations or the governement. Don't know.

2) Would you (visitor) be willing to pay $15 bucks. This is an adult fee. doesn't say if there will be discounts like the museums in DC. for seniors or kids. I cant imagine they would not have.

Yea or Nay!

Thanks guys.

Hey eliza....was there any explanation behind the reason for the $15 fee ? I guess my heart tells me it should be free because I'd hate for anyone to be denied access based on their economic situation to such an emotional and significant event in our nation's history. However, if that fee is going towards helping families of the victims or something to that extent I might be able to see an exception. I just think the $15/person could impact many people to not be able to bear witness to this touching memorial. Tough one.....

Corinne
07-07-2011, 07:17 PM

Yea or Nay!

Thanks guys.

Oh my gosh, Eliza, I was taken aback when I read 10 year anniversary. Of course, I know it has been that long, but it just sent chills for some reason. I agree with Maria, I would hate for people to not be able to visit if they simply could not afford it. Would the proceeds go to the families of the victims? Perhaps they could make it optional with a suggested donation?

Corinne
07-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Hi Groupies:
Corinne ~ Happy belated birthday to your "baby" and father. :cake:

Thanks Trish!!:goodvibes

Disney loving Iowan
07-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Eliza - I agree with Maria and Corinne. I'm not in love with the $15 fee but I would be more willing to do it if the money went to the families.

cheer4bison
07-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Good morning Groupies!

Eliza, I would be in favor of a nominal admission fee ($15 seems pretty steep) to cover the maintenance costs of the exhibit. It would be nice if they would offer admission one day per week (Wednesdays, for instance) for free to accommodate those who simply can't afford to go. I have been to several museums that have that policy.

Could I ask a general question of the groupies? Have any of you ever stayed in a woods view room with bunk beds in the main lodge? It looks like we'll be staying in one of these for the Moms Panel reunion this fall. (Insert high-pitched, gleeful squeal here). :banana: I haven't stayed in the main lodge since buying into DVC. Do any of you know if these rooms are clustered in a particular area of the lodge? Do these rooms feel more spacious because of the bunk beds or are they generally smaller? Just curious what you might know on the subject.

Thanks!

Granny
07-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Good morning Groupies!

Eliza, I would be in favor of a nominal admission fee ($15 seems pretty steep) to cover the maintenance costs of the exhibit. It would be nice if they would offer admission one day per week (Wednesdays, for instance) for free to accommodate those who simply can't afford to go. I have been to several museums that have that policy.

I agree with these comments all the way around. I think a nominal fee to pay for upkeep makes sense so that the government isn't footing the bill (and you know who that means). I like the idea of a free day too. :thumbsup2

Could I ask a general question of the groupies? Have any of you ever stayed in a woods view room with bunk beds in the main lodge? It looks like we'll be staying in one of these for the Moms Panel reunion this fall. (Insert high-pitched, gleeful squeal here). :banana: I haven't stayed in the main lodge since buying into DVC. Do any of you know if these rooms are clustered in a particular area of the lodge? Do these rooms feel more spacious because of the bunk beds or are they generally smaller? Just curious what you might know on the subject.

Thanks!

We stayed our first two visits to WL in exactly those type of rooms. We were on the 5th or 6th floor if memory serves me correctly, and we requested the western side of the Lodge as you could still see MK fireworks over the trees at that time. And there was no VWL on the other side to gaze at longingly. :)

They were great rooms, and our girls LOVED the bunk beds. The top bunk is pretty close to the ceiling (they could touch the ceiling while laying in bed) but they didn't mind at all.

Honestly, those bunk beds were a huge hit and I think helped my girls really bond with WL. Of course, DW & I were captivated just walking into that lobby for the first time. :thumbsup2

I don't know for sure if the rooms are clustered, but I do know there were several in our wing on our floor. So maybe they do group them together.

As far as more spacious, I don't remember that feeling really. I guess they had a smaller footprint than the second bed would have had in a regular room. But because they went almost to the ceiling, they tended to make the room seem smaller to me.

And after staying in DVC resorts, everything seems smaller anyway (we don't stay in studios).

The reunion sounds fun. Enjoy!! :)

eliza61
07-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Hey gang, thanks for the input. I put down a "initial" no. From my understanding there will actually be 2 exhibits. There is going to be an outdoor waterfall where the actual 2 towers were with the names of the 3000victims. This will be free. The "indoor" building will have information, interactive stuff and the normal museum things. think Holocaust museum. this is what they have to find a way to fund and sustain.

Good morning Groupies!

Thanks!

Hey Jill,
Actually we thought the room was a bit smaller. It may have been because the bunkbeds go "up" they gave an illusion of taking up space or it may be that we stayed in them about 10 months after our first stay at the lodge and it was our first time going back from a 1 bedroom to a regular room. I'm not sure if the are all situated in a particular area, as we only stayed in the main lodge once. We were very comfortable though.

Corinne
07-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Good morning Groupies!

Thanks!

Jill,

What a fabulous experience being on the Moms Panel must be! I would LOVE to do that!!:goodvibes

We stayed at the WL several times when the boys were young, prior to becoming DVC members. We had the bunk beds twice I believe. They were not a novelty since they had slept in bunks at home at the time. I did not feel the rooms were roomier, and as Eliza mentioned, being high up it did feel like they took up space. It was perfectly fine though. As you know, the rooms are smaller than the other deluxe resorts. Have a blast!!!:yay:

Muushka
07-10-2011, 10:59 AM
IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN 24 HOURS SINCE SOMEONE POSTED!!!!!:confused3!!!!

I digress.....

Tomorrow, another big, big, big Groupie day!!!

:yay::yay::yay:Happy Birthday lisah0711:yay::yay::yay:

We hope it is a special day for you!

Where do we want to meet/eat??????

blossomz
07-10-2011, 11:03 AM
What's going on here!!! 24 hours and no posts?????

Meanwhile: DITTO!

Happy Birthday lisah0711:yay::yay::yay:

blossomz
07-10-2011, 11:07 AM

Yea or Nay!

Thanks guys.

I think any family member effected by 9/11 should be free. I wouldn't have a problem paying as a non-family member.

wildernessDad
07-10-2011, 11:58 AM
I think any family member effected by 9/11 should be free. I wouldn't have a problem paying as a non-family member.

Agreed.

franandaj
07-10-2011, 12:28 PM

I think this is an excellent idea, I also like the one day a week free.

KAT4DISNEY
07-11-2011, 01:16 AM
Happy Birthday lisah0711!!!

jimmytammy
07-11-2011, 06:21 AM
Happy Birthday lisah0711!!!

jimmytammy
07-11-2011, 06:29 AM
We took a last minute day trip to the NC mts. this past Sat. We drove to Mast Store in Valle Crucis, got some fresh popped kettle corn, old fashioned candy, chow chow and T got a big pot to use for canning. Then back to Boone to eat at Danl Boone Inn. Really good down home food. Then drove over to the Blue Ridge Pkwy. At one point, around 5pm, we saw 69*!! It was so nice! That was near Grandfather Mt. We love the mts., its so majestic, feeling nearer to God, and feeling closer to the Lodge when we cant be there ourselves.

Hope to call Stan tonight to get an update

jimmytammy
07-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Eliza

I have mixed feelings about paying to see the memorial. But if the money would truly go to help out the families affected by the tragedy, then would have no problem.

eliza61
07-11-2011, 07:11 AM
What's going on here!!! 24 hours and no posts?????

Meanwhile: DITTO!

Happy Birthday lisah0711:yay::yay::yay:

LOL. It's the exciting lives we groupies are living!! :lmao:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lisah0711

Thanks again for the input guys, Whenever I get these surveys I always wonder why they don't expand the pool base? :confused3 It was a national tragedy and I really can't image victims family's going more than a few times.

Anyway I think anyone who lost a loved one is definitely allowed free access. The victims families will have a special service for the dedication next 9/11 which will include a visit prior to the opening.

wildernessDad
07-11-2011, 07:01 PM
July must be when VWL groupies hibernate, because the post count is going way down here. We must wake up sometime before December, so we can make our annual trek down to the Lodge.

tea pot
07-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Happy Birthday lisah0711
Hope You Had a Magical Day

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFZ1ljP0S5Uz0OCE9nNIdsJzuFpkmVg FbY0JtNeFjUlzUkuh9dYCzMQ9zDZg

franandaj
07-11-2011, 08:36 PM
I'll be there well before December! :banana: Less than two weeks and I will be in double digits for my countdown to my stay at the Lodge!

eliza61
07-12-2011, 05:52 AM
A Two-fer today:

Main Street Ice cream Parlor opened in 1971 as Borden's Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. In 1981 the sponsorship changed and it became Sealtest ice cream Parlor. In 1993 it offically became the Plaza Ice Cream parlor.

When Disneyís Magic Kingdom opened its doors on October 1, 1971, adult admission cost just $3.50, a seven-ride attraction ticket book cost $4.75 and an 11-ride attraction ticket book cost only $5.75.

:scared1:

Anyone with pictures of the Main Street Ice cream Parlor?

Dizny Dad
07-12-2011, 05:54 AM
Man, are you hitting us early or what?!? Enjoy the day; there's a WDW trip in the future! :cool1:

Granny
07-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Anyone with pictures of the Main Street Ice cream Parlor?

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/VWL_Granny/plaza_ice_cream_parlor_360_buiter.jpg

DiznyDi
07-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Just stopping by to wish lisah0711 a very Happy Belated Birthday! Another year older and another year wiser. Hope your day was special in every way!

eliza61
07-13-2011, 06:51 AM
Ok, it's 98 degrees here in Philly/SJ and I'm having hot flashes. :scared1:
Who the heck came up with this game plan? :rolleyes1

Anybody have some WL pool pictures? I need nice cool thoughts today.

stopher1
07-13-2011, 07:31 AM
Ok, it's 98 degrees here in Philly/SJ and I'm having hot flashes. :scared1:
Who the heck came up with this game plan? :rolleyes1

Anybody have some WL pool pictures? I need nice cool thoughts today.

Your wish is my command eliza!

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/Wilderness%20Lodge/2010-0120-001194.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/WDW%20Jan%2010/2010-0120-0016.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/WDW%20Jan%2010/2010-0119-001289.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/WDW%20Jun%2010/P6060290.jpg

stopher1
07-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Hello friends!

This summer has just been crazy. I cannot stop and catch my breath. Here there and everywhere... phwew. Last week I was in Cincinnati all week for work, and then over the weekend on a Scout campout, and tomorrow I leave for CA for my grandmother's memorial service on Saturday. Crazy.

Speaking of the service, I have been asked to be one of the speakers, plus a scripture reader, plus a driver to pick-up (and later take home again) two of the oldest relatives. Saturday will be a LONG, full day. I'm not a huge fan of public speaking, tending to get nervous and voice wavering, etc as a result of my innate introversion (yes Muush, I really am quite introverted and shy)... so pray for me please. Even though a lot of the people expected are of course family members, it doesn't matter. I tend to have issues with public speaking. My uncle tells me they are expecting close to 100 people. Family members from at least 10 states are heading in for the gathering.

I fly at 0'dark 30 in the am tomorrow, and then return home on Tuesday. I will be going to Disneyland on Monday, staying at the DL Hotel. (Couldn't get a room at my beloved Grand Californian... :sad2: but that's okay, I want to see the renovations at the DLH closely too). Can't wait for that visit. I'll be spending time with my FIL as well, and get to see first-hand how he's doing. And I get to have lunch with friends on Thursday, as well as dinner with a different friend, plus a gathering of friends Sunday afternoon/evening. So it's definitely going to be a full "bang for your buck" kind of trip.

Have a great day Groupies! I'll check back in again soon.

Dizny Dad
07-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Did somebody say Pool Party?

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv141/DiznyDad/e5806c04.jpg

Granny
07-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Did somebody say Pool Party?

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv141/DiznyDad/e5806c04.jpg

Yep, let 'em jump in and join the fun!

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/VWL_Granny/HPIM0943.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/VWL_Granny/HPIM2235.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u282/VWL_Granny/HPIM1243.jpg

KAT4DISNEY
07-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Jump in quick Eliza!!

http://kdlarson.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p762908297-4.jpg

franandaj
07-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Ooooh! I hope the weather cooperates for some pool time on my trip in Oct/Nov! That looks wonderful!

Disney loving Iowan
07-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Eliza - We were crazy enough to go to Hershey Park in that weather yesterday! We did wait until after 5 though.

Stopher - My prayers are with you. I hope everything goes okay and I will be thinking of you.

cheer4bison
07-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Thanks for all the excellent pool pictures today, Groupies! :thumbsup2

And, good luck Stopher, with your busy upcoming trip. You'll do a great job I'm sure. :goodvibes

twokats
07-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Speaking of the service, I have been asked to be one of the speakers, plus a scripture reader, plus a driver to pick-up (and later take home again) two of the oldest relatives. Saturday will be a LONG, full day. I'm not a huge fan of public speaking, tending to get nervous and voice wavering, etc as a result of my innate introversion (yes Muush, I really am quite introverted and shy)... so pray for me please. Even though a lot of the people expected are of course family members, it doesn't matter. I tend to have issues with public speaking.

Stopher, if I can do it especially with all the prayers the groupies gave me, I feel confident in you also. It was really hard, but I focused on my brother and did not really notice how many people were in the room (and there was a lot).
Good luck and have a safe trip.

Muushka
07-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Hello friends!

This summer has just been crazy. I cannot stop and catch my breath. Here there and everywhere... phwew. Last week I was in Cincinnati all week for work, and then over the weekend on a Scout campout, and tomorrow I leave for CA for my grandmother's memorial service on Saturday. Crazy.

Speaking of the service, I have been asked to be one of the speakers, plus a scripture reader, plus a driver to pick-up (and later take home again) two of the oldest relatives. Saturday will be a LONG, full day. I'm not a huge fan of public speaking, tending to get nervous and voice wavering, etc as a result of my innate introversion (yes Muush, I really am quite introverted and shy)... so pray for me please. Even though a lot of the people expected are of course family members, it doesn't matter. I tend to have issues with public speaking. My uncle tells me they are expecting close to 100 people. Family members from at least 10 states are heading in for the gathering.

I fly at 0'dark 30 in the am tomorrow, and then return home on Tuesday. I will be going to Disneyland on Monday, staying at the DL Hotel. (Couldn't get a room at my beloved Grand Californian... :sad2: but that's okay, I want to see the renovations at the DLH closely too). Can't wait for that visit. I'll be spending time with my FIL as well, and get to see first-hand how he's doing. And I get to have lunch with friends on Thursday, as well as dinner with a different friend, plus a gathering of friends Sunday afternoon/evening. So it's definitely going to be a full "bang for your buck" kind of trip.

Have a great day Groupies! I'll check back in again soon.

I find that very hard to believe (introverted? Stopher???) but I do believe you.:hug: I hope that the words flow from you, and that the service is a blessing to all.:hug:

Corinne
07-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Your wish is my command eliza!

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/Wilderness%20Lodge/2010-0120-001194.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/WDW%20Jan%2010/2010-0120-0016.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/WDW%20Jan%2010/2010-0119-001289.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm34/stopher1_photos/WDW%20Jun%2010/P6060290.jpg

Thanks for the photos, Christopher.....BUT, I need to know when you visited the WL and the pools were that empty!!!:rotfl:

Corinne
07-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Christopher, you will be in my prayers. I am sure you will do a wonderful job speaking. Have a safe trip.

blossomz
07-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Stop her you will be great...speak from your heart!:angel:

And speaking of the pool, when we were there the very beginning of this very July...there were no ducks in the pool! What is with that!?:confused3

Meanwhile...very excited..a friend called and asked if I would "tour guide" for them! I was at first reluctant...but they convinced me to go along! We will all be staying at SSR...never stayed there. I'll be there for 5 nights! My guide and I have talked many times about how much fun it would be to see DVC as a possible tour setter upper! Soooo, she is setting me up to shadow someone when I'm down! I'm hoping the state will soon offer early retirement for teachers in the near future!:cloud9:

Anyway...will be heading back to the world August 10-15!:banana::banana:

I Book He Pays
07-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Hi Groupies:

lisa0711 ~ Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had an enjoyable day!

jimmytammy ~ Many years ago... DH/I stayed at a timeshare in Boone and visited Grandfather Mtn. It was during the winter and the area was beautiful! I hope to go back in the future and explore the area more. How's Stan doing?

eliza61 ~ Pictures... NP!
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6006/5912556089_52e2596ee4.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6043/5912555887_484a2c226b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5061/5776355451_5e669b7a19.jpg

Weather wise... it's been brutal here as well in central NJ. Today was comfortable and less humid. The past few days our heat index reached 100 and we were in the mid 90's. I don't mind the heat but the humidity gets to me.

stopher1 ~ Wishing you a safe trip to CA and good luck with your speech. Like you, I have issues talking in front of people. Having "all eyes on me" scares the daylights out of me. If I'm sitting down with a small group of people I'm fine. Focus on the memories that you had with your grandmother, the good times you shared with her, family gatherings, holidays, etc. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

stopher1/Dizny Dad/Granny/KAT4Disney ~ Great pictures and the ducks are so cute!!!

blossomz ~ DH/I stayed at SSR in May for two weeks so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask here (if others don't mind) or via. PM. I'll be glad to help you out! If you need an assistant... I'll go... hmmm... not sure how DH would feel about that! LOL

Hello to everyone else!

jimmytammy
07-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Stopher
You will do fine. I was very much an introvert, shy, didnt like getting in front of people for any reason. I know, like you, its hard to believe I was that way. But I sorta forced myself by Gods grace to step up and do something out of character. We had an adult sunday school class teaching position open, and I felt God pushing me to take it. Mind you, I had never done something like this before, let alone having to teach from Revelation:scared1:

Point is I did it, with Gods help. I prayed about it, not wanting to mess up cause here I was teaching His word. If it feels natural, share your faith, share your memories, God will speak through you if He has something He wants heard. Lean on Him, He will see you through. And He may just be preparing you for something down the road.

I will be praying for you, but you will do fine:)

jimmytammy
07-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Just off the phone with Stan. He sounded good. He finished treatments 2 days ago, started Iprogen shots(not sure if Im saying or spelling this right)but as before its to help him stay strong while the treatments do there thing. Nurse told him to expect severe joint pain because of meds, but so far, no pain after 3 shots He says his #s are looking good, good #s going up, bad #s going down. He feels there is good possibility he will go home by Sat.

cheer4bison
07-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Hi there Groupies!

You are such a warm, knowledgeable bunch that I thought one or two among you (or perhaps more) might be interested in applying for the 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel. In case you missed it, here is the announcement that ran recently on the Disney Parks blog:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/07/whats-your-pixie-dust-level/

And, in case you were curious, I'm the second one on the left in blue.

If you have even the slightest inclination to apply, go for it! Without hesitation I can say it has been one of the most extraordinary experiences of my life. It is a priceless opportunity to learn something new, stretch your personal boundaries, and best of all, help others make the most of their Disney vacations.

cheer4bison
07-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Saw these on the Disney blog this morning. I spotted them at Roaring Fork last May too but was not hungry at the time. Sigh. Has anyone ever had one? Are they as yummy as they look?

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/07/14/smores-a-la-wilderness-lodge/

And, did you know that Roaring Fork started serving Mickey waffles this spring? Very excited to make this discovery. :banana:

KAT4DISNEY
07-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Saw these on the Disney blog this morning. I spotted them at Roaring Fork last May too but was not hungry at the time. Sigh. Has anyone ever had one? Are they as yummy as they look?

And, did you know that Roaring Fork started serving Mickey waffles this spring? Very excited to make this discovery. :banana:

I'm not a big cake fan (which is so weird considering my sweet tooth! :confused3) but I might have to try that cupcake! And Mickey waffles too?!?!? Time for a trip!

wildernessDad
07-14-2011, 02:34 PM

That cake looks good. I could, however, go right now for a Mickey Premium Bar.

blossomz
07-14-2011, 03:50 PM
I book he pays...thanks for your offer to help. Mainly I'm wondering the best place to be/request. After researching, it seems I want Congress Park which I have requested. Any thoughts?

cheer4bison
07-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Congress Park, Downtown Disney view...that's what I'd request. We liked this resort way more than we anticipated we would when we stayed there two summers ago. Have fun Blossomz!

I book he pays...thanks for your offer to help. Mainly I'm wondering the best place to be/request. After researching, it seems I want Congress Park which I have requested. Any thoughts?

twokats
07-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Just off the phone with Stan. He sounded good. He finished treatments 2 days ago, started Iprogen shots(not sure if Im saying or spelling this right)but as before its to help him stay strong while the treatments do there thing. Nurse told him to expect severe joint pain because of meds, but so far, no pain after 3 shots He says his #s are looking good, good #s going up, bad #s going down. He feels there is good possibility he will go home by Sat.

Jimmy, you are not too far off they are nuprogen shots. Mom had to have a lot of them during her chemo days.