PDA

View Full Version : Online Check-in & Charging Privileges

mejones1115
05-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Okay we're down to 10 days til our Disney vaca, and this will be the very first time we're staying at a Disney resort. I just checked in online and saw that my debit card was listed as my card for charging privileges. After reading on some of the discussion boards DH and I don't want to do the charging privileges as we only are bringing our debit card and don't want to mess things up. Can we just let them know when we get to the resort or will they already have authorized our card for the $500? Or should we call and make sure it's removed? When I booked with the telephone operator she asked if I wanted it left on file to charge and I said no, but it was there when I went to check in.

vicki_c
05-04-2011, 08:53 AM
At the resort, just ask them to remove charging privileges from your cards. There is no pre-authorization of any amount done.

disnut8
05-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Or, you just don't use your room key to charge anything. We also have the key with charging privileges but just never use it. We'll use gift cards or credit cards instead. If you have the admission on your room key, just use that to get through the turnstiles then tuck it away except for FastPasses.

lsenquiz
05-04-2011, 06:45 PM
I think the important thing to note is that Disney is not like other hotels they will not preauthorize anything to your card. They will bill the card when you have spent a certain amount(which I think is $500) but if you spend nothing you will not be authorized or charged anything.

vicki_c
05-04-2011, 07:14 PM
I think the important thing to note is that Disney is not like other hotels they will not preauthorize anything to your card. They will bill the card when you have spent a certain amount(which I think is $500) but if you spend nothing you will not be authorized or charged anything.

$500 - values
$1000 - moderates
$1500 - deluxes

But they only charge it after you have spent that much or when you are checking out to settle your bill.

bumbershoot
05-04-2011, 08:06 PM
But they only charge it after you have spent that much or when you are checking out to settle your bill.

They seem to do the final billing around midnight before you check out. That's what I was told at Jambo when I went down around 6am to change the card for billing...it was already a done deal by then.

TheRustyScupper
05-05-2011, 09:04 AM
They seem to do the final billing around midnight before you check out.

1) 2:00am-3:30am
2) So, pay the bill by midnight and nothing goes to the card.