PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim vs. Orlando!!!! WHICH IS BETTER?! HELPPPP!!

BrerMouse
05-02-2011, 08:39 PM
So i'm going to enroll in the Disney College Program but I have a real simple question...

From what you know or have heard which college program is better...

the Disneyland in Anaheim, California

or

Disney World in Orlando, Florida ???

I'm talking the housing, location, parks, food, entertainment for students, the people, weather etc.

I kinda need an answer ASAP. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the help!! :)

progroupie
05-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Housing and what not for the Disneyland program is much more expensive and I believe there's also a pricy deposit. You also have to bring your car for the Disneyland program because they don't provide transportation. There are less role options for the program and entertainment is one of the unavailable roles.
The Anaheim program is fairly new so who knows what kind of additions or changes could be made before you apply.

slp1650
05-02-2011, 11:58 PM
I believe you get paid a bit more in Anaheim because CA minimum wage is higher ($8 vs $7.25). However, you do have to find your own housing and bring your car.

ladypage
05-03-2011, 12:39 AM
They actually do provide housing. It's a bit more expensive, but I've heard it's also bit nicer. They don't provide a private bus system, though they do provide free bus passes. Also, the fee that you have to pay upfront also pays for the first months rent, which some people (like myself) would actually prefer, since it helps while you're settling in.

Honestly, Disneyland is much harder to get in to. I was accpeted for WDW but turned down for DL, and I know a lot of other people were too. It's much more competitive. It really is a matter of taste.

buttaflygirl03
05-03-2011, 12:40 AM
You do not have to find your own housing for the Disneyland CP. They do have housing but it's obviously going to be limited since a smaller program. Only downside if you want to be in their housing they only offer Spring and Fall terms. Spring Advantage and Fall Advantage is for participants who will provide their own housing. Though I heard there may be some rare times a housing participant can get into the advantage program. Not sure on that.

It's true there is no provided transportation through the program so if you don't have a car you'll just have to depend on public transportation which may can suck if you want to get out of Anaheim for a bit. But I'm sure if you make friends with people with cars maybe then you can be able to go to other places and stuff if they offer to drive.

And yep Disneyland pay is slightly more but the expenses of living in California is more so I think in the end you may come out making the same either program. Only thing is Disneyland is more competitive and harder to get in since I hear only a few hundred get in where as with WDW I think it's in the thousands(??).

However you can apply to both parks at the same time. I got accepted to both parks this time but chose Disneyland since I'm a local and know that park and unfamiliar with WDW.

I haven't started the program yet but will for Fall Advantage 11 at Disneyland next month and this is the info I've gathered on the program since researching on it. Hope any of this helps in deciding. :)

JoshWDCAnaheim
05-03-2011, 03:18 PM
In my long journey of applying and getting accepted into a CP I've found that it's much harder to get into the CP at Disneyland. I've applied to both and got into WDW and DL this year and chose DL because I'm local and very familiar with the park. Maybe in the future I'll head out to WDW but that depends on how I feel and where I go after this year's program.

My interviewer mentioned that Disneyland only accepts about 300 participants per term Fall Advantage and Fall. While Walt Disney World accepts about 1000 per term.

For DL, Fall Advantage is a program that is offered for those who will be providing their own housing in the area. Fall DL provides housing in apartments a few miles north of the resort but you do have to provide your own transportation. There's no bus system like the one at WDW.

I'll be joining the Disneyland Cast this month for Fall Advantage 2011 and will have a car and my own housing. I'm looking forward to meeting all the other CPs and gaining a lot of new friends!!!!!!!

Cais
05-03-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm the opposite of Josh!

I applied to both the Disneyworld and Disneyland programs and got into both. I made the decision, as a California resident, that as I have been to the DLR many times that I was going to accept the Orlando program.

I feel that as a newer and smaller program the DLR would offer a very different experience and I was kind of hoping for the full CP experience. I haven't ruled out participating in the DLR program next fall, after I graduate, but for now I'm Florida bound. I hope the networking opportunities in Florida are better, since I'm using my time to further my engineering career as much as possible.

Disneyland warned me that I would be responsible for a much larger deposit should I accept, it was like $800. Florida on the other hand compared to my current rent (for which I share a room) is less than half of what I'm paying now. They also stressed the importance of having my own transportation.

Finally, WDW offered me first choice of roles (Attractions) versus the DLR offering me Main Gate and Transportation. That definitely helped with my final decision.

khancock
05-04-2011, 01:43 PM
The Anaheim program is fairly new

It has been around for 6 years at least. They had a version in the mid-90's and they did away with it for a few years before re-introducing with the WDW model. Always had issues due to the unions in CA.