PDA

View Full Version : I secretly booked Pop Century Resort for our trip next month!!!

codimouse
05-02-2011, 02:28 PM
I am way too excited. We were booked at a downtown disney hotel, but I called in just to see how much 2 rooms at a value resort would be.
I apparently had some kind of discount attached to our address.
So I booked 2 rooms for our June trip. I only told my hubby, but not the girls. LOL
I tried to get a bigger villa or deluxe resort for 6 people but no such luck but I am just as happy.
We are traveling with our 2 DD's and 2 nieces. Cant wait to see their faces (if they are awake enough to realize it at 12:30am via Magical Express).
:cool1::banana::cool1:

bytheblood
05-02-2011, 02:41 PM
:teeth:

Good for you! I promise, I won't tell anybody!

I want to secretly book, too. If I can get a room-only discount for a value (which I swore I would never stay in) during the September/October time-frame, then I will be making a quick 4-night trip.

codimouse
05-02-2011, 02:48 PM
good luck! i prefer moderates. we've stayed in other value's when a discount presented itself.
as long as we are at Disney we are good!

jamie@dvcstore
05-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Hi codimouse,
CONGRATS! :woohoo: That is great that you are going to surprise the kids. I am not sure if I could keep that secret, but it will be SO worth it once you get there, even if they are half asleep! :) Have a wonderful trip. :thumbsup2

codimouse
05-02-2011, 03:56 PM
I am not great keeping secrets. I really want to tell them now!!!

bernmutt
05-02-2011, 04:02 PM
They will be happily surprised!

mb_uh
05-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Sounds great- i totally understand DH wants to keep our July trip a secret until we get there driving 16 hours:scared1:. We went last year and they really want to go so it is very hard- it will be a long drive ;)

Have a good time.

chocovrdmicears
05-02-2011, 05:32 PM
I am not great keeping secrets. I really want to tell them now!!!

I feel your pain. ;) I have been keeping the fact that we are going to Disney a secret from my kids for the past 8 months. :eek: They have absolutely no idea when they go to school in 23 days they will be dismissed from school to go to the airport. :banana:

codimouse
05-02-2011, 08:00 PM
oh how fun!! :thumbsup2

beroh2253
05-02-2011, 08:05 PM
This will be I think our 5th stay at POP flying in on May 30

KELLY
05-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Have a great time at pop. :thumbsup2

wildcatfan
05-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Wow! I love secrets. We are also staying at Pop in June. I think you will enjoy it. Is it your first time on property?

codimouse
05-02-2011, 08:55 PM
First time at Pop but not first time at Disney resort property. We've stayed at the other values, Contemporary, Port Orleans and Coronado (my fave!!)Just with 6 people this trip it was going to be a lot cheaper staying in Downtown Disney. Good thing I called in!!
We'll be there in June soon.Wow! I love secrets. We are also staying at Pop in June. I think you will enjoy it. Is it your first time on property?

Wendy5055
05-04-2011, 09:12 AM
POP is a great value resort with its own bus service!:thumbsup2 We really enjoyed the food court and pools when we stayed there. If I had to choose a value resort, POP would definately be the one. :hippie:

Good luck keeping your secret...it has been 2 months and I keep trying not to leak our WDW trip to my DD9. :laughing: It is SOOOOOO DIFFICULT!!!!!:lmao:

lynn46356
05-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Hooray for all of you!!!!!! We love Pop. Its our new favorite having stayed there now 5 times. Enjoy surprising your girls and have a wonderful stay!!!!! It will be fun for sure! :cool1:

JoePa4Ever
05-04-2011, 12:04 PM
POP is a great value resort with its own bus service!:thumbsup2 We really enjoyed the food court and pools when we stayed there. If I had to choose a value resort, POP would definately be the one. :hippie:

Ditto this - we love Pop Century - a very fun resort with the bright colors, over-sized icons, cm's doing the hustle daily at 6 pm... hope you have a great trip!

ocean134
05-04-2011, 12:37 PM
You will love POP and so will the children. Please, don't tell them, let it be a surprise!

This makes me remember when my sister and I called our parents to tell them that we were taking them to Disney for an early Christmas gift. That was back in 2008. My mom had been begging to go back so she could see the Osbourne Family Lights again. We've been back several times since then, but it was the first trip where 'us kids' treated the parents. It was awesome!

codimouse
05-04-2011, 09:52 PM
what great "kids"!!

trekker93
05-05-2011, 06:18 AM
Pop should really be considered a home resort for many failies that have decided that this one is the best for them! From the theming to the food court to the great bus service, it is really a great vaue!:surfweb:

ocean134
05-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Pop should really be considered a home resort for many failies that have decided that this one is the best for them! From the theming to the food court to the great bus service, it is really a great vaue!:surfweb:

Could not agree more!

codimouse
05-16-2011, 02:37 PM
23 more days!!

kellydizfan
05-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Keeping a secret is so hard. I tried with this upcoming trip in August but it was blown a couple months after. Then we decided we couldn't do it and I found a way around it and now we are going again. I wish I had kept my mouth shut. My DS10 is driving me crazy. My DD13 now has a friend and her Mom meeting us down there for 6 of our 8 days. They came with us back in 2007. This time it is my Mom, DD17, DD14, DS11 (ages in August) and myself in 2 rooms at the Pop. I didn't purchase the preferred room, just standard. Didn't request a fridge either but it seems all the swaps are full. I can't wait as I really really need a vacation away from everything. Have fun - wish I was going in June but August will be here before we know it.

tink20
05-16-2011, 06:55 PM
I feel your pain. ;) I have been keeping the fact that we are going to Disney a secret from my kids for the past 8 months. :eek: They have absolutely no idea when they go to school in 23 days they will be dismissed from school to go to the airport. :banana:

23 more days!!

You guys have fun! We are skipping WDW this year, but DH just said I could plan a Feb trip (our DS is out of sch for 2 days in Feb)so :yay:

We stayed at Pop once, and had a great time, as long as I'm at WDW, I am happy!

wildcatfan
05-16-2011, 07:18 PM
23 more days!!

That is exciting! We are now at 26 so we will be right behind you!!

chocovrdmicears
05-16-2011, 07:28 PM
You guys have fun! We are skipping WDW this year, but DH just said I could plan a Feb trip (our DS is out of sch for 2 days in Feb)so :yay:

We stayed at Pop once, and had a great time, as long as I'm at WDW, I happy!

thank you! :flower3: We are down to 9 days! Kiddos still have no idea. I am so excited and keeping the secret is getting crazy :upsidedow now that we are a little over a week away.

MelanieC
05-17-2011, 10:45 AM
How exciting - You will love POP!!

DisneyLady56
05-20-2011, 07:04 PM
So happy that so many of you love the Pop! 14 days until my arrival. I have stayed at POFQ, Caribbean Beach, Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, and AKL, never tried the values. A little nervous...but hey, if I'm at Disney I will be happy.

mlittig
05-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Have a marvelous, magical, memory filled trip :wave:

Christine9125
05-21-2011, 08:04 AM
We are also surprising our kids this trip, it is a long story, but originally we booked POP, then switched to BC, then canceled and booked a week in Myrtle Beach. The kids think we are still going to the Beach, but we are really going to The Beach Club. I have kept the secret since January 3, we leave July 30th. I have made books to give them on the 29th of July, the first pages show our trip to Myrtle Beach, but when the turn the pages it tells them we are going to POP. When we arrive via Magical Express, they will find out we are staying at the Beach Club. This is when the big surprise hits, my dh doesn't even know, we are staying in a deluxe room Club Level. So, I told my daughter we would go to Disney next year for her 21st birthday, it was a joke so she could help plan this trip, but now we are also going back in August 2012 and Staying at POP. We love POP, I feel guilty staying at BC, but feel better knowing we will be at POP next year.