View Full Version : CP jobs and classes...??
05-02-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm only a junior in high school but i am so excited to do this once i get into college. So i have 4 questions about the College Program...
1) The classes you take; Do you get school credit for them??
2) For people who have taken part in the program; what job do you think i should take in order to get the best experience out of the program (experience as in good time at disney, not experience for a resume)?
3) Can you choose where you work? Park, restaurant, attraction etc??
4) Do they really look that far into your grades and GPA?
05-02-2011, 02:12 PM
1. It's a case by case scenario. I know at my college it depends on your major and what classes you take. Like when I go (hopefully) in spring 2012 I'll come back with 4 credits.
2. I haven't been yet so I can't really answer this one. BUT I know a good amount of people who have gone on the program in all different roles (Character Attendant, QSFB, Attractions, Merchandise, etc). and they all had the time of their lives. It's what you make of it.
3. You can put in requests and top choices as to where you want to work, but you cannot make the final decision- that's up to Disney.
4. Nope. I think there's a minimum requirement (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but it's not that high. It's not like you need to be a straight A's sort of student.
05-02-2011, 02:26 PM
It's awesome that you're thinking ahead! Wish I had done that as a junior :)
1. Whether or not you get credit for the classes depends entirely on the college you go to.
2. For which job would be the most fun-- it totally depends on you! There are going to be people who loved and hated their experience in every role. Listen to people's recommendations but ultimately go with what's most appealing to you.
3. No. During your interview (or after you've been accepted) you can request a location, but there's no guarantee it will be honored. And even if it is, casting doesn't stick you in your specific location. You'll get marked down for the entire area your chosen attraction/restaurant/whatever is located, and then they'll randomly assign you one in that area without knowing your specific request.
4. They don't look at all at your grades or GPA. The only way your GPA is relevant is if your school has a cutoff like a 2.0 that if you don't meet you can't do the CP.
05-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Thanks for your help guys!! I can't believe i have to wait like 2 to 3 years to take part in the program :( Anyway, so what your saying is I can request work at the Tower of Terror or the 50s Prime Time Cafe but it's not definite that i'll get the position? Do you know how often they grant people's request? Cus i would REALLY love to work at the Tower of Terror.
05-02-2011, 02:37 PM
No problem! It's definitely not a sure thing that they'll grant your request. I don't know any stats on how often they do, but their first consideration is what jobs they need filled, and THEN they may take requests for areas in the park into account. For what it's worth, though, in your interview be sure to tell your recruiter how much you'd love to work there, and from there just hope for the best.
05-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Alrightyyy!! Thank you :) I hope you have great time!! I can't wait. If you or anyone else gets anymore tips or anything about the college program PLEASE let me know.
Thank you sooo much :)
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.