PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge. We are here now. Any questions?

nd_stclgrad
05-02-2011, 08:24 AM
We're here at WL right now. If you have any questions, send them over. We'll try to help. We're having a blast so far and the WL is great!:cool1:

GatorMama
05-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Can I join you??? I'm ready! (I mean... well... I haven't packed... or made all of our ADRs... or bought park tickets or gotten/broken in new shoes yet... ):upsidedow

sue1013
05-02-2011, 08:45 AM
If you have time do the tour of the resort. DH and I did it last month after staying there 3 times we really enjoyed it. It's offered everyday I think around 9 it's on the activity sheet.

sukhakuli
05-02-2011, 08:56 AM
How are the views from the rooms, and how is the transportation to and from the parks? :)

jms531
05-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Hi!!! Hope you're having a great trip so far! We leave in 4 days and I've been hearing about the love bugs.....have you seen many so far? I'm freaking out a little about them after seeing pictures and horror stories...please tell me to relax:worship:

jkstewart1800
05-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Yes! I have a question. At the main pool are they doing any sort of Pool Party with music and games? They had been doing that last year at all the Deluxe resorts, but hadn't heard if they were continuing it through this year.

Thanks!

litlkar
05-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Is it worth the Deluxe pricing? or shall we stick to the POFQ?

nathanyell
05-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Is there any construction going on at WL?

jkstewart1800
05-02-2011, 11:43 AM

YES! We've stayed there before... it is amazing!
check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3kRw2iv5SM

Splashboat
05-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Do you think the villas seem like a long walk to the main pool?

Sgt Tibbs
05-02-2011, 12:00 PM
We have stayed at the WL several times so I'll ask;

Did the lobby "knock your socks off" when you first entered for check-in?

Have you eaten at Whispering canyon cafe and had the courage to ask for catsup?

Have you taked pictures of the family in front of the mercantile?

Have you tossed coins into the 'bubbling brook" and made a wish that you return?

Enjoy!

tinkerbellmagic
05-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Oh, I'm envious! I hope you're having a great time!

Is the main pool crowded? Are there any available lounge chairs? I ask because it seemed like the last time we stayed at WL, there were a fair share of pool hoppers and there were never any available lounge chairs.

Have fun!

ColoradoDisney
05-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Would you be able to check out the store at the Villas? I am trying to figure out what type of breakfast items they might have. Milk? Juice? Donuts? etc. Any size and costs would be appreciated.

Thanks!

CTH3
05-02-2011, 06:51 PM
We'll be at the WL in two weeks and (like Brian) we're wondering about construction. Supposedly they were going to be working on replacing the wooden walkways leading to the boat dock, and be done by early May. Are they in fact working on the walkways? If so, is it bothersome?

Thanks!

disneywith4boys
05-03-2011, 06:55 AM
If you are eating at Roaring Forks, can you look and see what is available at the soda fountain. I'm trying to pre-decide on buying refillable mugs and wonder what the choices are. Thanks, have a great time!!
pirate:pirate:pirate:pirate:

jkstewart1800
05-05-2011, 03:30 PM
I bet the OP is having a great time on their vaca.... :goodvibes I just hope they come back and answer our questions! ;)

hsembrick
05-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Just wondering if the "little" gator is still in the pond on the "woods view" side.:rotfl: It was there in Sept. and we loved looking for it every morning and evening!:lmao:

KJay
05-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Are the rumors of resort mugs in purple and white actually true, or is it still just pink, aqua, and yellow?

DanielleandBrady
05-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Are the rumors of resort mugs in purple and white actually true, or is it still just pink, aqua, and yellow?

Hi! I was lurking because I am planning for next year and very curious about WL.

DS and I were at WDW and at the GF when we first got there it was just pink, aqua and yellow. But the day we were leaving we saw black as well.

Hope that helps! And if you have any insight on WL please share!!! :goodvibes

dawz1026
05-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Are the beds queen? Is teh bus stop a far walk? How is the boat service?

Sgt Tibbs
05-06-2011, 06:13 AM

I am not the OP but I have stayed there several times and can answer your questions if you don't mind.

Yes the beds are Queen sized.

The bus stop is not far at all just off the lobby

The boat service to the Magic Kingdom and to Ft Wilderness and the Contemporary is very good. There are different boats for the MK and to the resorts.

Pixiedust34
05-06-2011, 06:16 AM
If you have time do the tour of the resort. DH and I did it last month after staying there 3 times we really enjoyed it. It's offered everyday I think around 9 it's on the activity sheet.

I was going to ask about the tours! Are they still doing them? I'm hoping to take a tour in August.

Enjoy your stay!

yarlenna
05-06-2011, 06:50 AM
YES! We've stayed there before... it is amazing!
check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3kRw2iv5SM

We will check in on Sunday:cool1: Thanks for the great tour. It almost made me feel like I am already there.

RalphyBoy
05-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Is the geyser working? It was down when we were there in March. If you eat at Whispering Canyon, try to get Rafael as your server. He was a riot!

Carlyluvsdisney
05-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Hi!!! Hope you're having a great trip so far! We leave in 4 days and I've been hearing about the love bugs.....have you seen many so far? I'm freaking out a little about them after seeing pictures and horror stories...please tell me to relax:worship:

We just returned from Disneyworld a couple days ago and I live in southwest Florida and yes,the lovebugs are bad. I have more of a problem with them at home than I did during our trip and they seem to gravitate toasted cars for some reason. Sometimes when I get out of the car one will jump in my hair. Very gross!

They shouldn't be too much of a problemat the resorts though.

nathanyell
05-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Is the geyser working? It was down when we were there in March. If you eat at Whispering Canyon, try to get Rafael as your server. He was a riot!

The geyser is working per the main WL thread.

Brian

nd_stclgrad
05-09-2011, 10:28 PM
How are the views from the rooms, and how is the transportation to and from the parks? :)

We were in 4152. This is a woods view/bunk bed room. Our view was nice. We faced the WL Villas pool. We had an open balcony. A lot of trees. Transportation was awesome to go to MK. The boats were always coming, and we never had to wait long. However, the buses to AK and DHS were hit an miss. We waited for 30 minutes for a bus to DHS on Monday the 2nd. Some people had been waiting for 40 minutes, but for the most part it was ok. I figured it is a matter of timing too. If you got there right after a bus left, you would have to wait longer than if you got to the bus stop when the bus was about to leave, if that makes sense. Hope this helps.

nd_stclgrad
05-09-2011, 10:31 PM

Hi! You're probably there already. I know, I know...I was having so much fun I was a terrible correspondent. No need to worry. They're a little annoying, but no big deal. I noticed them only when we were driving and they were all over the DME bus...yuck! They were noticeable when you walked around the hotel, but they don't bite, and they were just a little annoying, especially when you are just trying to lay out at the pool, but no biggie.

nd_stclgrad
05-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Yes! I have a question. At the main pool are they doing any sort of Pool Party with music and games? They had been doing that last year at all the Deluxe resorts, but hadn't heard if they were continuing it through this year.

Thanks!

Yes! They do things like water balloon tosses, hula hoop contests, bingo, and little games like that that the kids really enjoy. They start around 2:00 p.m. at the pool. When you check in they will give you a list of pool activities. Hope this helps.

nd_stclgrad
05-09-2011, 10:35 PM

Definitely worth it! It's all it's cracked up to be and then some. This was our 1st visit to WDW, and we cannot think of staying at another resort...ok, maybe the GF:)

nd_stclgrad
05-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Is there any construction going on at WL?

We did notice some guys working on the dock leading up to the boats that go to the MK and the FW, but that was it. They mostly worked at night. It looked like they were just replacing some wooden slats.

nd_stclgrad
05-09-2011, 10:39 PM
I bet the OP is having a great time on their vaca.... :goodvibes I just hope they come back and answer our questions! ;)

Haha! This is exactly what happened. Geraldo Rivera, I am not:rotfl2: I apologize for my terrible reporting. We just had so much to do, that we did not pull the computer out at all after the 1st night. This was our 1st trip, and we were so pleased with all our ADRs and the WL! It also helped that the parks were not crowded until Friday & Saturday (the day we left).

nd_stclgrad
05-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Just wondering if the "little" gator is still in the pond on the "woods view" side.:rotfl: It was there in Sept. and we loved looking for it every morning and evening!:lmao:

HA! That must be on the other side of the WL. If I can, I will post a pic of our view.

nd_stclgrad
05-09-2011, 10:42 PM

I don't recall seeing a purple or white top to a mug. We got three, and they were blue, pink and yellow.

nd_stclgrad
05-09-2011, 10:45 PM

Boat service= awesome! We took the boat to the MK, CR for Chef Mickey's and to the FW for MBYBBQ, and we never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a boat, if even that. Our room had one queen bed and a set of bunk beds, but I believe if you don't get bunk beds, then your room would have 2 queens. The walk to the bus stop isn't far at all. It was about a 5-7 minute walk.

nd_stclgrad
05-09-2011, 10:48 PM

Yes. The geyser was going off every hour on the hour! We ate at Whispering Canyon. Very good food and so nice to eat at your resort after you have gone from resort to resort to eat:)