PDA

View Full Version : Disney versus Crystal

tvguy
05-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Anyone sail both?

Crystal is causing quite a stir with their new all inclusive fares starting in Spring 2012.
Air fare included. Tips included. Alcohol included with open bars (extra charge for premium brands). Soda and bottled water included. Premium restaurants, no charge.

ppiew
05-01-2011, 10:33 PM
We have been on both Regent and Silversea which are also all inclusive and they were wonderful - Silversea was the best! It is nice to know ahead of time what the bills will be! All we paid for were our excursions. I have also been on the Crystal Symphony when it was not all inclusive. I didn't like it as well as the other two. Stateroom was exceptionally small, dining room was super noisey. We weren't impressed. Now both Regent and SS have HUGE staterooms - more like a hotel room. All our rooms on both lines had walk in closets, large bath with double vanity and both tub and shower (separate).

Keira1387
05-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Anyone sail both?

Crystal is causing quite a stir with their new all inclusive fares starting in Spring 2012.
Air fare included. Tips included. Alcohol included with open bars (extra charge for premium brands). Soda and bottled water included. Premium restaurants, no charge.

Very interesting. Would love to hear more.

Viva Pataca
05-02-2011, 09:44 AM
We have been on both Regent and Silversea which are also all inclusive and they were wonderful - Silversea was the best! It is nice to know ahead of time what the bills will be! All we paid for were our excursions. I have also been on the Crystal Symphony when it was not all inclusive. I didn't like it as well as the other two. Stateroom was exceptionally small, dining room was super noisey. We weren't impressed. Now both Regent and SS have HUGE staterooms - more like a hotel room. All our rooms on both lines had walk in closets, large bath with double vanity and both tub and shower (separate).

Can you describe the difference in the cruising experience between DCL and Silversea/Regent/Crystal? Thanks.

plutolovr
05-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Can you describe the difference in the cruising experience between DCL and Silversea/Regent/Crystal? Thanks.

One of biggest differences is going to be the age of the clientele. These upscale cruise lines tend to have a much older/retired clientele. Lots of luxury but not much fun. :laughing: