PDA

View Full Version : Reserve crib or buy PNP and then donate?

ppmcoj
05-01-2011, 11:39 AM
We're heading to Disney in June for DD's 1st birthday :wizard: . We're staying in a one bedroom at the AK Jambo house. I've seen some posts about people just buying a $50 pack-n-play instead of using the crib or PNP the resort provides. If we purchase one for the 8 days we'll be there, is there somewhere we can donate it at the end of the trip like to a woman's shelter?

kaligal
05-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Churches will always take usable stuff.

It's none of my beezwax, really, but why not use the one provided? Or bring your own? Or take the one you buy home?

It's nice to donate and all that, I just don't get it.

Feel free to say, "None of your beezwax." :)

ppmcoj
05-01-2011, 12:32 PM
No worries :goodvibes We have a PNP at home that we could gate check but I don't know if I want it to possibly get damaged since it cost about $150 vs. the $50 one we found. Then I have a bit of hang up about DD licking the one that Disney provides. Crazy sounding I know and I'm not really a germophobe, but for some reason, that one just bothers me. I didn't even think about taking it home with us so we may go that route....so thank you!

deannanb
05-01-2011, 01:10 PM
We used the cruise pnp at age 1 and disney pnp at age 2. Both were fine. I did bring my own sheet and blankets (DS likes his blankets!)

If you are worried about chewing on the pnp, bring the clorox wipes.

I wouldn't spend money on a new pnp. Use that money for some fun time at Disney

blessedby3
05-01-2011, 02:28 PM
I was gonna suggest the same thing the PP did. Clorox wipes for the side rails and your own sheets from home to sleep on. We have used the PNP before...no problems. I dont think I would waste $50 on that. Use that money for something fun and special:thumbsup2

DisneyLvr12
05-01-2011, 02:31 PM
We've used their PNP the last 3 times we've gone and it's always been great. I bring clorox/lysol wipes and still wipe it down. So easy! I also bring my baby's own bed sheet instead of the one they give. But, it's much easier to not have to travel with one! And, since they provide it for free, just use theirs!

disnut8
05-01-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm pretty sure you child licks a lot of stuff you don't know about unless you watch him 24/7. Using Disney's play and pack should be fine.