PDA

View Full Version : how early to arrive?

sbanksto
04-30-2011, 10:18 PM
Staying at AS Sports on with an arrival date of 6/6. How soon should I arrive to get my tickets and still be able to get to a rope drop? Is that even possible?

We are driving in and I plan to get within 1 hr of the resort the night before. How long are lines typically when checking in? I know I wont be able to get into my room, but hoping to get passes and head to a park until room is ready (they send a text, right?) I was planning on doing online check in as I dont really care where I am at. Any thoughts on how soon to be there to be able to get to a park (DHS, really want to do TSM and Jedi Academy)

Thanks

newserenity
05-01-2011, 01:22 AM
We are doing the exact same thing- driving the night before and staying at a cheap hotel around an hour away or less. I was planning on arriving around 7:30 am check in day, we are going to MK and opening is at 9:00. I am thinking there won't be that many people checking in that early. We arrive in 6 days, so I already did online check in.

ancestry
05-01-2011, 06:31 AM
If you want to do rope drop in June, a reasonably busy time, I would suggest being in line at the park you are going to at least one hour before the park opens. I would try to be at the resort about 1 to 1 1/2 hours before arriving at the park to allow time for parking, lines, and driving.

Missytara
05-02-2011, 07:50 AM
The computers roll over at 7:00 am for the current day; so I would suggest standing at the counter about ten minutes before in order to be there right as the computer rolls over.