PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining

shenaniganzz
04-30-2011, 10:07 PM
I saw that a FDP will be offered on Monday? I have some questions..

- Are deluxe dining plans offered too or usually just quick service and regular dining?

- Can you upgrade from the dining plan to deluxe?

KELLY
04-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Deluxe plan isn't offered. But you can pay the diffrence and upgrade.

Seahunt
04-30-2011, 11:44 PM
- Can you upgrade from the dining plan to deluxe?

:thumbsup2 And the upgrade costs between plans are shown on the "Free Dining" FAQ sticky here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2534992

:dance3:

shenaniganzz
05-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Well, I have been crunching numbers and it doesn't seem as if the FDP will save us that much... or am I missing something? :confused3

From what I understand, I cannot add the discount - FDP if I book through a TA?

So, if I have to book through Disney, then to stay at POP for 5 days in early Sept. would be $1188 - that is w/ basic Magic your Way. If I add to upgrade from the QSP they are offering on Monday to the DDP, it's an additional $375.

Flights (priced right now) are running about $1300.

Therefore, the total to book "a la carte" would be about $2900.

However, when I price out the same through Air Canada Vacations for our dates, adding the DDP I get a cost of $2500.

Am I missing something?!

I might be able to get a sale on flights though I am not sure it will be substantially lower.. maybe a few hundred... but that would still apparently even out at best.

The only thing I may be missing is I cannot tell from AC Vacations if the Magic Your Way pass is incl. in the rate when you select the dining plan option.

Bah! I am going to need a vacation due to the headache from the planning so far! ;)

Any thoughts, suggestions?

nkereina
05-01-2011, 02:54 PM
If you booked through a TA, your TA can call and change your package to FD. FD for me did not save anything, in fact it would cost more if I switched to it. I'm booked with the prior offer of 35% a mod room currently. I called and got a price quote with FD and upgrading to DxDP (which we currently are booked with) and it ended up being $40 more due to the requirement of a photo book purchase. If that photo book wasn't required, we'd save about $50 which still isn't much. I was disappointed because I thought FD was a good deal but not for us!