PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me About The Yacht Club!

Alice-in-wonder
04-30-2011, 07:17 PM
If you had a choice to stay at the Yacht Club, the Grand Floridian , or the Poly, what would you choose and why! I think we would really like the Stormalong Bay pool, because my 8 yr old DD loves to swim.

MIDisFan
05-01-2011, 04:58 AM
We have stayed at all 3 resorts you have mentioned and YC/BC continues to be our favorite. I would have to say the main reason is SAB. Last year we did a split stay between BCV and POLY CL. Club level was great at the POLY and the view of the Castle from our room was spectacular, but we just felt almost home sick about leaving BCV.

luckypup
05-01-2011, 06:55 AM
Never stayed at Poly, but of the other 2 I would choose YC. My DD LOVED the pool (she was 9).

natebenma
05-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Lots of pictures and info in the Beach and Yacht Club FAQ thread- follow the link in my signature to check out the first page

Kim1964
05-01-2011, 07:28 AM
My kids have loved SAB since our first stay there when they were 4 and 10. We're going back for our 4th stay in August. We've booked a two night stay before the start of our week offsite specifically to enjoy the resort and especially the pool. We spend hours in the pool and have a total blast....it's one of my favorite parts of our vacations. We like the food at Hurricane Hanna's, the snack bar by the pool. We've also had some good food at the small quick service area in the BC Marketplace. It's not a huge selection, but it was enough for us.

I love the nautical theme at YC. The rooms have light, airy decor. I love sitting on the balcony in the morning with my coffee. One year we had a standard room that overlooked the wedding gazebo, and it was a great view. Because we aren't planning a lot of park time for the days we are there this year, I booked CL. We'll be around most of the day to partake of the drinks and snacks.

Epcot is my favorite park, so being able to walk to it is a bonus for me. I really like it after the fireworks when I'm not with the masses trying to leave via the main entrance.

anniegsu
05-01-2011, 07:40 AM
1. location-we love being able to walk to Epcot and take the boat (sometimes we walk) to DS. Also it's nice to walk over to the Boardwalk.
2. SAB-even when it's crowded, it doesn't feel like it because it's so spread out.

mickeynut1
05-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Haven't stayed at the YC but have stayed at the BC, along with the GF and Poly and our choice would be the Poly :goodvibes. SAB is a nice pool, but our favorite is the volcano pool :). It is great being able to walk to Epcot from the YC/BC, but we love having that great view of the castle from the Poly beach and being so close to MK :wizard:. Plus the Poly rooms are big and spacious and we love the tropical atmosphere :cloud9:.

GC&S
05-01-2011, 08:04 AM
We stayed at the YC for the first time last year. We love walking to Epcot and HS. Love SAB. It's big and spread out so never seemed crowded. DD loved the slide. We never had to rent stuff for the lazy river because people would just leave them all over the pool. Love walking to the Boardwalk at night. The resort is beautiful and we had a first floor garden view (standard) that had a beautfiul view of the lake. Our room was really nice. We got ice cream at Beaches & Cream just about everynight.

Bus service was terrible to DTD - took us over an hour each way. It seemed to stop everywhere. But we can deal with that since it was our only big negative.

eah7
05-01-2011, 08:25 AM
We stayed at the YC last November. It is elegant, but not stuffy at all! CMs were all super. The lobby even when busy doesn't seem to be. I really liked the tables that have chess, checkers and backgammon around the lobby. (many people took advantage of the games)It has a homey feel to it at night with the lamps and the tables. I know some folks feel it is dark, but we really enjoyed our stay there. You can relax out on the porch at night.
The newly decorated rooms are very nice. I like the colors.

Our dgs spent a lot of time there with us. They really had fun in SAB. All the kids played well together in the sand, sharing toys. (everyone seems to leave their sand buckets from lunch!)