PDA

View Full Version : BIG question! Options options!

jsgrand0
04-29-2011, 07:05 PM
:confused3Ok. I have went back and forth on this issue. I am debating which route to go. We are currently booked with the kids stay and play offer, staying at the All-Star Sports Oct. 1-8. However, I have figured up the price to stay in a studio at BWV during the same time period by renting points, and then paying for dining and then getting our park hoppers through the Disney YES program...and the cost comes out about the same, maybe even saves a few dollars depending on the deal we get on points. Some of you are probably thinking...no brainer, the BWV! Here are my reservations...Wouldn't rent with an agency (mediator, whatever), and that requires a TON of trust and I would be a nervous wreck! Also, with the YES program having that 3 hour class, my daughter may not enjoy the class that much, being this will be her first trip to Disney, and we may not like having that much time eaten up. And, lastly, what if we have to cancel our trip and have already paid/booked the hotel/tickets? BIG worry.
Now for the obvious reasons to stay BWV. LOCATION!! Nicer hotel, nicer location. Would LOVE to be right in the middle of the Boardwalk! But not sure it is worth my stress and worry!

So....what are your thoughts...what would you do???

Disney_1derland
04-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Given the issues you are concerned about, I would stick with your current reservation. Your dd is not going to care where you stay, just that you are there! Good Luck!:wizard:

lsenquiz
04-29-2011, 07:56 PM
I have been renting points for 6 years and have never had one problem(big or little). I would never stay at Disney any other way. I am interested to know more about this "yes" program. what is it?

catra121
04-29-2011, 08:12 PM
I would stick with your current reservation for now. There's more security in it. Plus, do you know if there's availability at BCV? I've heard it books quickly though I don't have any experience with it. I would say keep your current reservation because you're probably going to be spending a lot of time in the parks, you'll have peace of mind and security if anything happens where you need to cancel or change your reservation. Plus, all your time will be yours.

I'm a BIG fan of the idea of renting points, but if you're not flexible in your choices of DVC resort then you're probably better off just keeping the reservation through Disney unless you KNOW you can get what you want. Plan your next trip a year in advance and rent points that time...that's probably the best way to go.

jsgrand0
04-29-2011, 08:22 PM
I have been renting points for 6 years and have never had one problem(big or little). I would never stay at Disney any other way. I am interested to know more about this "yes" program. what is it?

Google it Disney Individual enrollment for Youth Education Services (YES)...GREAT idea, especially if you've been there a bunch of times, gives you something new...ages 5-22, depending on program...but gives you a GREAT discount on tickets....can get up to 8 days I believe (only shows this many days after you go through the steps, otherwise shows 5) but cost for the 4 of us for 5 day hoppers would be less than $720...almost $500 cheaper than retail! Everyone in your party gets the discounted tickets, as long as 1 child is registered. I know there is a great :banana:thread on here about it!

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
04-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Because of their theme and atmosphere I would go with the Boardwalk Villas. Plus you will also have walkways to Epcot and Hollywood Studios along with the boats that go to those parks, so that's two less buses you need to worry about taking.

Deb & Bill
04-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Most of the DVC resorts are pretty booked for October already. You're past the 7 month time frame when a member can use points from any resort to book. I don't think you'll find a rental at BWV.

October is very popular with DVC members because of Food & Wine Festival. And with the BWV within walking distance of Epcot, both the BWV and BCV get booked up quickly.

CathieArms
04-29-2011, 09:19 PM
:confused3Ok. I have went back and forth on this issue. I am debating which route to go. We are currently booked with the kids stay and play offer, staying at the All-Star Sports Oct. 1-8. However, I have figured up the price to stay in a studio at BWV during the same time period by renting points, and then paying for dining and then getting our park hoppers through the Disney YES program...and the cost comes out about the same, maybe even saves a few dollars depending on the deal we get on points. Some of you are probably thinking...no brainer, the BWV! Here are my reservations...Wouldn't rent with an agency (mediator, whatever), and that requires a TON of trust and I would be a nervous wreck! Also, with the YES program having that 3 hour class, my daughter may not enjoy the class that much, being this will be her first trip to Disney, and we may not like having that much time eaten up. And, lastly, what if we have to cancel our trip and have already paid/booked the hotel/tickets? BIG worry.
Now for the obvious reasons to stay BWV. LOCATION!! Nicer hotel, nicer location. Would LOVE to be right in the middle of the Boardwalk! But not sure it is worth my stress and worry!

So....what are your thoughts...what would you do???

I've stated at a value and a deluxe villa. It would not be worth the stress to me. I'd stay at the value.