View Full Version : Upgraded to POFQ from ASMu
04-28-2011, 06:53 PM
We're super stoked. Now that we changed gears with only 3 days to go my time to really check it out is very limited...so I was hoping someone can help me with a few quick questions:
1. Is the POFQ and POR within walking distance of each other?
2. I can't find any dining options at the POFQ...but I found them at the POR. Do we have to go there for dining?
3. Is POFQ within walking distance of Epcot? Or Hollywood Studios? If not, how long of a bus ride do you think it'll be to those parks? Also how long to MK?
4. Does POFQ have its own separate shuttles to the parks? or do they share with POR?
5. It looks like the rooms have balconies. Do they all have that? Or is that for preferred/suites??
04-28-2011, 08:13 PM
1. I believe so., they are right next to each other.
2. POFQ has a small dining area, not a TS though. Different stations that serve different things. Try the beignets! DH got sick off the shrimp/sauce on the cajun burger. I liked the pot roast, though. And breakfast was great!
3. No, very short ride to Epcot, a bit longer to HS. MK was a longer drive, but I think that was because we hit POR to pick up passengers. The days we rode to Epcot and HS were straight there.
4. They generally share with POR, it depends on how busy it is.
5. I didnt notice any balconies. There are very elaborate railings along the walkways.
Bldg 4 is right by the bus station, and bldg 5 a hop skip and a jump from there and the food court. If you get bldg 5, park in parking 4, it is closer than parking 5.
Enjoy your trip!
04-28-2011, 08:14 PM
thank you so much for the info!! :thumbsup2
04-28-2011, 10:55 PM
The 2 resorts are only about 10 minutes apart. The rooms do not have balconies, like PP said, they're the walkways. Another nice perk to POFQ is that you can ride a boat to DTD.
04-29-2011, 07:54 AM
We loved POFQ!
-You can easily walk to POR, but not to any of the parks. There is a bus to DTD though, which was very nice!
-The buses are sometimes shared between POFQ and POR.
-bus rides to the parks didn't take long at all, but sometimes the wait for a bus at night was brutal.
-POFQ has a good food court, POR has a better food court and a TS restaurant. But we mostly ate at DTD or in the parks.
-No balconies, just walkways.
04-29-2011, 08:29 AM
1. It is a nice 5-10 minute walk to Riverside.....or you can take the boat therein about 15 mins.
2. POFQ has the Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory. It is a quick service place. Here is the menu - http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=178
3. You cannot walk to any Theme Parks. You can take the boat to DTD. This is a very nice ride.
4. When i stayed here in May 2009 we never once shared a dus with Riverside...it was great. Having only one bus stop is great.
5. No balconies. There are no hallways at POFQ. So the walkways are all around the outside of the buildings. You are welcome to put a chair outside your door and relax out there but you may have to deal with traffic from other guests going to and from thier rooms.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.