PDA

View Full Version : A.S. MOVIES or POP????

goofyintoronto
04-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Ok i cant decide on a resort. My DS11 and I have been to POP and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! But im all for trying new things. Im thinking of trying Movies next trip but we both really love pop. What to do!? For those that have been to both, which one should I pick? What are the advantages to Movies? (i already know the advantages to Pop!). THANKS! :goodvibes

kaffinito
04-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Well Movies is getting a refurb now... ;)

goofyintoronto
04-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Well Movies is getting a refurb now... ;)

Good point! But Pop is already refurbished. Lol. ;)

Disfan20
04-28-2011, 03:57 PM
I have been to both and if I had to choose I would go back to POP. I will say that my kids loved the theming at ASMo and we spent almost a whole morning just walking around the grounds and taking pictures. Other than that POP beat ASMo hands down.

chocovrdmicears
04-28-2011, 07:15 PM
We have stayed at both - ASMovies once - POP 3 times (with the 4th coming up soon:banana:)
We thought ASMovies was fun - no complaints - the rooms were a little *tired* - but I guess they are getting refurbed now (about time!;)) Our kids enjoyed the Toy Story area at Movies - the pool was fun - food court was fine.. I don't know ...it just didn't thrill us.:confused3
POP - our family LOVES:lovestruc - we love everything about it. Even with refurbished rooms at Movies our family will still pick POP everytime. I guess the atmosphere, the 3 pools, the foodcourt, the great mousekeeping, fabulous CM's, the gift shop..we love it all! ...it just is the right place for our family.:)

npcougar
04-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Movies is the last stop of the All-Star resort buses. We had issues with buses being full by the time they got to Movies.

The 4 "Quay"balleros
04-28-2011, 07:25 PM
POP:thumbsup2 We love everything about POP! The only issues we've had were from our trip in March. The Hippy Dippy Pool was closed for refurb(obviously this is not a common issue) and the busses were the worst wait time ever(on a side note my brother-in-Laws family stayed at POR last week and the busses were the worst ever and this was their 6th trip in a row!)

bdoyledimou
04-28-2011, 08:44 PM
I have stayed at both.. and love Pop. The diversity of the resort over teh ASMo is the biggest draw for me.. three different pools, all the different styles and themes, and of course.. "The Hustle"!!!