PDA

View Full Version : Can AP holders buy the DDP?

eeyoresmom
04-28-2011, 01:31 PM
We are AP holders and usually stay at a DVC resort where we can buy the DDP. Can we book a package that includes dining and room but not tickets if we have AP'S? Would really like to stay at a moderate but need the dining plan as well. Thank you:)

ancestry
04-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Yes. You book through the AP holders section of the website or you can call. If you have an AP you can add any of the dining plans. However be advised that this then becomes a package reservation and adheres to the rules of packages for bookings and cancellations ($200 deposit with balance due in full 45 days out). It isn't considered a room only reservation.

clanmcculloch
04-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Yes you can. You book an AP ticketless package. You do have to book an AP rate though. You can't take advantage of a general public discount. If AP discounts have not yet been released then you're booking at rack rate. When the AP discounts do finally get released (lately it seems to be REDICULOUSLY close to the travel dates as in within a couple months max) then you can call and get the rate changed. AP rates are generally not available for all room categories at all resorts though so it is possible that in order to take advantage of an AP discount that you may have to consider different room categories or even different resorts.

I know you didn't ask about this, but have you done the math to see if paying for a dining plan is your best option? AP holders can buy Tables in Wonderland (TiW). Many AP holders find TiW to be a better deal than a dining plan.

eeyoresmom
04-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Ok, thanks. Now, does anyone think they will release AP rates for late August? I really want to take the kids for a mid to late August trip and my dates are excluded from free dining and no AP discounts yet. :confused3 I HATE that Disney waits soooo long to release discounts. It's very hard when you have to request vacation time, book flights, etc. (Ok, vent over!:rolleyes1)

MWGreene
04-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Ok, thanks. Now, does anyone think they will release AP rates for late August? I really want to take the kids for a mid to late August trip and my dates are excluded from free dining and no AP discounts yet. :confused3 I HATE that Disney waits soooo long to release discounts. It's very hard when you have to request vacation time, book flights, etc. (Ok, vent over!:rolleyes1)

A CM I recently spoke with said AP rates will come out around August 13th