PDA

View Full Version : pictures??

trezoc
04-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Hi everyone! Does anyone know if your allowed to use your own camera for a shot after the photo is taken by them at the formal picture areas. I plan to buy the CD but my camera might actually look better if I want to make an enlargement.Thanks for any info!

Mandersons04
04-28-2011, 07:21 AM
I'd like to know the answer to this one too!:cool1:

davidls
04-28-2011, 07:35 AM
On our last cruise many people, us included, had our pictures taken with our camera. Just ask the photographer or their assistant to take your picture with your camera. They will gladly do so.

tastefullyjenn
04-28-2011, 08:31 AM
On our last cruise many people, us included, had our pictures taken with our camera. Just ask the photographer or their assistant to take your picture with your camera. They will gladly do so.

We were told twice by the onboard photographers that they themselves aren't allowed to touch our cameras but if a third party wanted to snap it after we were done, that was fine.

CHOPR
04-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Yes. We took our own pictures of every pro photo taken and the Disney photographers not only did not care but also took some from our camera for us.

Arkansan
04-28-2011, 01:43 PM
We were on the Magic Western on 3/19/11. The photographer would not use our camera to take a picture on Formal Night. My DH was embarrassed and felt that, by asking them to take one with our camera, the photographer thought we were too cheap to pay for the picture. I had read here that it was ok to ask and we've been in WDW and had photopass photographers take pictures with our camera many times--even though we've always bought the Photopass CD. We did find another CM to take our family's picture, but it was not in front of any special backdrop.

For the record, we did buy several pictures--including the aforementioned Formal Night pic.--but not the CD or any "credits" from Shutters. We also bought two CDs of pictures of our family on excursions.

I hope others have a different experience. We rebooked a cruise for 2012 on board, but we won't ask again if a photographer will take our picture!

PrincessShmoo
04-28-2011, 02:07 PM
The photographers (the actual person taking the professional photo) won't use your camera to take your picture.

However, there usually is a DCL CM assisting the photographer, they are the ones who will take your picture with your camera. We've never been unable to have an additional picture taken with our camera at the photo locations.

:cutie:

tastefullyjenn
04-28-2011, 02:26 PM
However, there usually is a DCL CM assisting the photographer, they are the ones who will take your picture with your camera. We've never been unable to have an additional picture taken with our camera at the photo locations.

:cutie:

I'm sure it depends on the CM's training/adherence to the "rules". it was the assistant that politely told me that they "are not allowed to touch another camera". This was on the dream, so maybe the rules were "fresher" than on the other ships?:rotfl2: