PDA

View Full Version : Dropping Shifts

dsnyprincess22
04-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Hey guys, it is going to be my first program and I was wondering if you are scheduled to work sometimes if it is possible to get off work a day just to spend time with family or friends that would come visit? Is it easy to get shifts covered? I am going to be in QSFB if this makes any differences.
any input would be great, thanks :)

glendalais
04-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Hey guys, it is going to be my first program and I was wondering if you are scheduled to work sometimes if it is possible to get off work a day just to spend time with family or friends that would come visit? Is it easy to get shifts covered? I am going to be in QSFB if this makes any differences.
any input would be great, thanks :)

It is generally preferable to request time off in advance if you know you will need it. However, it is generally possible to give away shifts. During busier periods, however, it may be more difficult as more people will be scheduled longer shifts.

JoshWDCAnaheim
04-28-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a few days off for both school and other reasons. I know I need to take the day off for the GRE i'll be taking in August! Hope they let me.

dsnyprincess22
04-28-2011, 03:13 PM
that seems like a pretty legit reason! Mine would just be a day or two off for when my parents or boyfriend come visit me. Hopefully there will be a way to do it!