PDA

View Full Version : Moving in.

dairylives
04-26-2011, 05:14 PM
So I'm moving in on May 23 ( i will be working as Concierge for Fall Advantage) and i have a friend coming down to help me move in. The acceptance letter is pretty vague about people helping you move and whatnot, so I'm curious as to what usually happens.

When i check in, will i be occupied for the rest of the day? Will we have time to check out the area? When will my days begin to be taken by work? I'm just trying to sort out an itinerary for the trip.

thanks!

Joanna71985
04-26-2011, 05:17 PM
The day of check in, you will be pretty busy in the morning. However, after the housing meeting (which usually falls around 1pm or so), you will have the rest of the afternoon/evening free. Day 2 usually is free, and Day 3 is Traditions (where you get your ID, which gets you into the parks). Training usually starts Day 4-5, but it varies

dairylives
04-26-2011, 05:29 PM
The day of check in, you will be pretty busy in the morning. However, after the housing meeting (which usually falls around 1pm or so), you will have the rest of the afternoon/evening free. Day 2 usually is free, and Day 3 is Traditions (where you get your ID, which gets you into the parks). Training usually starts Day 4-5, but it varies

how long is traditions? would there be time afterwards?

Joanna71985
04-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Traditions is 4 hours long (and usually there are 2 sessions for CPs- 1 in the morning, and 1 in the afternoon).

dairylives
04-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Traditions is 4 hours long (and usually there are 2 sessions for CPs- 1 in the morning, and 1 in the afternoon).

awesome! is there a place that friends/family usually stay while helping move in?

TinkStitch
04-26-2011, 07:34 PM
awesome! is there a place that friends/family usually stay while helping move in?

While you're checking in, there's a friends & family area they can hang out in. My mom sat there for a little while while I was checking in for my first program, but it was kinda stuffy in there, so she just walked around Vista. For my second program, my parents dropped me off at Vista & went back to Pop Century. I called them when I was done at casting & they picked me up there and then we went to Chatham.

They really aren't supposed to hang out in your apartment while your at the housing meeting on move-in day. (not supposed to be there when you're not.)

I know a lot of people had their parents go grocery shopping for them while they were at the housing meeting.

Practically.Perfect
04-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Consider going a few days early to check out the area and hang out with your friend. while you will not start working until about day 3 you're be in and out of meetings and you'll want the time to hang out and get to know your new roomates.