PDA

View Full Version : Chef's Tasting Wine Dinner @ FF

OhThePain
04-26-2011, 05:16 AM
My girlfriend and I just booked this for our upcoming trip. Flying Fish is currently our favorite restaurant on property, so this seemed like a no-brainer this time. Has anyone done this recently to shed some light on the types of dishes served? How was the experience? Feel free to add in anything else.:thumbsup2

OhThePain
04-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Just going to give this a little bump. :goodvibes

rhodymom
04-29-2011, 03:03 PM
I have never heard of this and am completely interested in hearing more.

Redwitch
04-29-2011, 06:01 PM
We are booked for our third time in May. Our most recent menu (December) was:

Amuse Bouches ~ Belize "Laughing Bird" Shrimp-laced Parsnip Crema: Spiced Creme Fraiche, Crispy Serrano Ham and Basil-infused Oil.
Paired with Lucien Albrecht, Cremant'd Alsace NV
1st Course ~ Miso-cured Yellowfin Tuna and Jonah Crab Roulade: Tiny Greens, Spiced Palm Hearts and Epcot Land Pavilion Cucumbers, Stanley Farms California Finger Limes, Tobikko and Asian Vinaigrette
Paired with Laurenz Singing Gruner Veltliner, Austia 2008
Fish Course ~ Pan Roasted, Fragrantly-spiced Local Bay-boat Red Grouper: Pan Roasted Chioggia Beets, Sun Chokes, and Young Radish With a Citrus-Shellfish Butter Emulsion
Paired with Blaues Haus Chardonnay, Burgenland-Austria 2005
Intermezzo ~ Cassis Ice
Main Course ~ Oak-grilled Colorado Lamb "Porterhouse:" 5 County Cheddar Potato Gratin and Duck-roasted Chanterelle Mushrooms with a Truffle, Cassis and Red Wine Reduction
Paired with Alpha Domus Navigator Bordeaux Blend, Hawkes Bay 2006
Dessert ~ Ginger-laced Genoise Delice Fantasie: Eggnog Ice-cream and Chocolate Accents
Paired with Saracco Moscato d'Asti, Piedmont

We love it! You have a dedicated server and the chef often is "your server." The interaction is wonderful. Have a wonderful time!!!

gretchenohar@hotmail
04-29-2011, 07:03 PM
WOW! Thanks for posting the question, OP - and thanks for the response, redwitch!
Sounds to die for.
Never heard of this option before, but will definitely check it out now.

jodifla
04-29-2011, 08:26 PM
how much is this?

TheRustyScupper
04-29-2011, 08:46 PM
how much is this?

Just under $150/person after tip.

OhThePain
05-02-2011, 05:36 AM
how much is this?

For my girlfriend and I the cost came to $314 and change for both of us ($157 each) including tax and gratuity. The price in October is slightly more than the price now. The few pictures I have tracked down and few reviews I have been able to find make it seem like the cost is a bargain.

Redwitch, your most recent menu looks fantastic. Enjoy it again later this month (unless you already went, in which case do share :thumbsup2)!