PDA

View Full Version : solo diner

missminniemouse
04-25-2011, 09:52 PM
My DD and I will be headed to WDW for a few days around her National FBLA conference. For a few days I will be by myself and wondering what restaurants are great places to go as a solo diner? I've been to many of the WDW restaurants, but never by myself.

What places can you go and eat at a bar without making an ADR? I'm not a big drinker, but would consider sitting at a bar for a meal if necessary.

I'm considering going to the Spirit of Aloha show since this is something my family overlooks on our trips and I wouldn't mind seeing myself. Has anyone ever done this alone?
Any suggestions? ::MinnieMo

BillSears
04-25-2011, 10:07 PM
I've done the Luau solo and I've had a great time. But I'm very comfortable anywhere solo.

princssdisnygina
04-25-2011, 10:33 PM
FYI... The Luau is NOT the biggest thing around here... and personally... I would NEVER do it again.

BUT... a good place to go where you can sit at the bar with great food is 50's Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios. No ADR is necessary! :thumbsup2

missminniemouse
04-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Anyone else have some good suggestions for me? ::MinnieMo

AbbyPan
04-26-2011, 11:11 AM
I believe Rain Forest has a bar where you can eat.

California Grill has a bar but i'm not sure what the policy is in regards to eating there. Either way, you can always ask to be seated near a window- the view is great!

MickeyNicki
04-26-2011, 11:21 AM
When my DH was in meetings I was so happy to do solo days! I had a solo lunch at Chefs de France and Tutto Italia...it was great!