PDA

View Full Version : To Accept or Not to Accpet...

courtthib
04-25-2011, 03:12 PM
After a while of waiting, I was FINALLY accepted for FA merch a few days ago! As excited as I am, I have a bit of a dilemma..I am a pre-pharmacy major and my curriculum is VERY demanding! Although living at the happiest place on earth for eight months would be an amazing break, catching up on classes later would be really overwhelming. Is anyone else a pre-pharmacy, pre-med, or any major like that? Is it worth it to do the CP and catch up later? :confused3 Someone help! :sad2:

indianabrit
04-25-2011, 03:44 PM
I've heard of a lot of pre-med people regretting participating in the college program because it's not something they can put on their future resumes.

I'm a history major (currently), but I still have no idea what I want to do with my degree. I'm going because I hope that the DCP can give me a direction towards a career.

If you don't feel like you'd be wasting a semester then you should totally accept. In the end, it's what you make of the program that really makes a difference and you'll never know until you try ;)

courtthib
04-25-2011, 03:46 PM
I've heard of a lot of pre-med people regretting participating in the college program because it's not something they can put on their future resumes.

I'm a history major (currently), but I still have no idea what I want to do with my degree. I'm going because I hope that the DCP can give me a direction towards a career.

If you don't feel like you'd be wasting a semester then you should totally accept. In the end, it's what you make of the program that really makes a difference and you'll never know until you try ;)

Yeah you're right! Like I said, pre-pharmacy is really hard and I was originally hoping that the DCP would help me figure out if I wanted to switch my major or not. I just don't want to do the DCP and not want to change my major and then have a LOT of catching up to do!

Legaleen
04-25-2011, 04:06 PM
I was actually in the same dilemma, except as an equine science major. At my school, it's really crazy, classes are only offered one semester out of the year and if you miss 309 in the fall you can't take 409 in the spring etc etc. and it requires a semester long internship. However, I have been considering switching or adding a hospitality major since before I started at school so I'm gonna go for it and hope it lets me know what I want to do with myself! In the end, I suppose, it's just what you feel is best. Maybe with pre-pharmacy it could actually do some good because you'll get a lot of expirence working with people :confused3 As the person above said, it's really what you make of it and how you spin it in your direction on future job applications. I'd also say that, if you're considering switching to a major where the CP would be helpful to go ahead and do it, but that's just my two cents!

courtthib
04-25-2011, 04:12 PM
I was actually in the same dilemma, except as an equine science major. At my school, it's really crazy, classes are only offered one semester out of the year and if you miss 309 in the fall you can't take 409 in the spring etc etc. and it requires a semester long internship. However, I have been considering switching or adding a hospitality major since before I started at school so I'm gonna go for it and hope it lets me know what I want to do with myself! In the end, I suppose, it's just what you feel is best. Maybe with pre-pharmacy it could actually do some good because you'll get a lot of expirence working with people :confused3 As the person above said, it's really what you make of it and how you spin it in your direction on future job applications. I'd also say that, if you're considering switching to a major where the CP would be helpful to go ahead and do it, but that's just my two cents!

Yeah, pre-pharmacy is exactly the same way with classes! I am thinking that I will just do the CP and see where it takes me! I'm going to try and just take a bunch of online classes I guess!