PDA

View Full Version : Too many choice! Any opinions for me?

disfanforlife
04-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Arrival day Saturday November 5th. We are staying at Kidani and on our first day we like to just relax and get used to the resort so I am thinking of eating at Boma or Saana. We only travel to WDW once a year and like to visit all four parks. We are not big on hopping simply because we prefer to stay all day at thevpark and not travel back and forth to the room. We dont go in the summer so we rarely have a problem with heat or having to go back for a swim. Usually it is too cold for swimming!
Sunday - we usually go to MK our first day and last year we did not eat at Crystal Palace. This is the one character meal my son really Loves so we are planning that.
Monday - epcot which is my hubby favorite park now. I figured try to stay away on the weekend because of food and wine festival. We have never been to Biregarten so we were thinking of trying it. (the epcot restaurants we have been to are crystal palace, le cellier, tut to, and chef de France)
Tuesday- animal kingdom day - dinner at whisperin canyon- since ak closes early we don't mind traveling to wilderness for dinner. No ideal what nights wishes is on yet. Might get hoppers if it doesnt work out to see it and spectromagic on the days we are at MK.
Wednesday- HS - we love HS but not the food there. We went to 50s last two years and it wasn't as good last year as the year before don't want to go back. Thinking of cape may. We went last year and hubby liked it. Either that or go to epcot for dinner. Looks like maybe we should get hoppers??
Thursday- magic kingdom - thinking of liberty tree, never been there or ohanas. We have been to ohanas but again last year not as good as year before...
Friday - epcot - via napoli, never been and would like to try. Also could Thursday and Friday if we think epcot too busy on Friday because of food and wine.
Saturday - departure day - probably eat counter service at akl for lunch. We will use up a counter service meal that we don't use on arrival day.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

gabzee
04-23-2011, 01:51 PM
We love Boma so that would be our pick between Boma and Sanaa. When at Epcot we typically stick to the same restaurants. My kids love Teppan Edo. It is a family favorite. You didn't specify what type of food you like but I would go with Teppan Edo. We don't really like the restaurants at HS either. Your best options are either the Boardwalk area (BW, YC, BC) or Epcot. If you like one of the restaurants you previously been to at Epcot choose that. However, if you decide not to get the park hopper then go to a resort. If you want a seafood buffet choose Cape May or if you want a ts seafood restaurant try Flying Fish. Liberty Tree used to be our dinner restaurant at MK but then they changed and it is no longer has characters. There is nothing wrong with the food really but the only reason we went was to see the characters. That being said I would personally choose Ohanas just since it is a more unique experience. You will be happy no matter where you go. I hope you have a magical trip and keep us posted as to what you decide!

disfanforlife
04-23-2011, 02:58 PM
We love Boma so that would be our pick between Boma and Sanaa. When at Epcot we typically stick to the same restaurants. My kids love Teppan Edo. It is a family favorite. You didn't specify what type of food you like but I would go with Teppan Edo. We don't really like the restaurants at HS either. Your best options are either the Boardwalk area (BW, YC, BC) or Epcot. If you like one of the restaurants you previously been to at Epcot choose that. However, if you decide not to get the park hopper then go to a resort. If you want a seafood buffet choose Cape May or if you want a ts seafood restaurant try Flying Fish. Liberty Tree used to be our dinner restaurant at MK but then they changed and it is no longer has characters. There is nothing wrong with the food really but the only reason we went was to see the characters. That being said I would personally choose Ohanas just since it is a more unique experience. You will be happy no matter where you go. I hope you have a magical trip and keep us posted as to what you decide!

Thank you! I appreciate your suggestions. We enjoy trying different restaurants every trip. What i try to do out of a 7 day trip is plan for 3 or 4 new places and go to 3 or 4 that we have been to before and enjoyed. This will be our sixth year in a row going so we kind have a feel for it. But since it is only once a year and there are so many to choose from it does get a bit overwhelming. I will definitely make reservations though! We have never been to teppon Edo. Is flying fish a signature or use two credits for dining though?

GAGirlInVA
04-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Our top picks were: Ohana's, Cape May, Kona, Teppan Edo.

The Terriyaki New York Strip at Kona was the best meal I had on property. :)

disfanforlife
04-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Our top picks were: Ohana's, Cape May, Kona, Teppan Edo.

The Terriyaki New York Strip at Kona was the best meal I had on property. :)

Wow, I am hearing a lot of people who like Teppan Edo. What is it about it? I never even thought about going there. never been to Kona either but have been to Ohanas several times. Thanks for the suggestions! I appreciate it.

gabzee
04-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Flying Fish is a signature and I do believe that it is a 2 credit restaurant (we don't use the dining plan). Teppan Edo is a great restaurant. It is a Japanese hibachi restaurant. This means that they cook the food in front of you. It is a fun and entertaining meal. They have many things on the menu for apps, soups, salads, etc.. However, the entrees are either one protein or a combination dinner. You can choose from many including chicken, shrimp, steak, vegetarian, etc.. The meal then comes with veggies, rice, and noodles (i believe). It is a great dinner and the chef performs tricks and interacts with you throughout the meal. The tables are for about 8 people so you will probably be sitting with other parties. Have fun planning!

disfanforlife
04-24-2011, 04:51 AM
Flying Fish is a signature and I do believe that it is a 2 credit restaurant (we don't use the dining plan). Teppan Edo is a great restaurant. It is a Japanese hibachi restaurant. This means that they cook the food in front of you. It is a fun and entertaining meal. They have many things on the menu for apps, soups, salads, etc.. However, the entrees are either one protein or a combination dinner. You can choose from many including chicken, shrimp, steak, vegetarian, etc.. The meal then comes with veggies, rice, and noodles (i believe). It is a great dinner and the chef performs tricks and interacts with you throughout the meal. The tables are for about 8 people so you will probably be sitting with other parties. Have fun planning!

That does sound like fun. And my hubby said that he would rather try it than Biergarten. Only a couple weeks until I call for our ressies at our 180 day mark!

Hopefully
04-24-2011, 07:33 AM
Another vote for Teppan Edo, it is a must do for us each trip. The food is good, the restaurant is beautiful, and the service is warm and friendly.
Lots of folks really like the Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club. It is clam bake themed and it has fish as well as meat selections.
Your choices look great.
Have a good trip.

prttynpnk
04-24-2011, 07:43 AM
How about Kouzzinas? We aren't big on the DS dining either- so we usually take the friendship to that area and eat there or at Flying Fish....

disfanforlife
04-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Another vote for Teppan Edo, it is a must do for us each trip. The food is good, the restaurant is beautiful, and the service is warm and friendly.
Lots of folks really like the Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club. It is clam bake themed and it has fish as well as meat selections.
Your choices look great.
Have a good trip.

Thanks for your vote! I am convinced and am going to try and reserve there. We ate at cape may last year and enjoyed it, so that is a possibility to go there on our DHS day.

disfanforlife
04-24-2011, 08:00 AM
How about Kouzzinas? We aren't big on the DS dining either- so we usually take the friendship to that area and eat there or at Flying Fish....

For some reason the menu there did not appeal to hubby. Maybe if staying at boardwalk or beach club we would give it a try though. Did you like it a lot?

crabbygal902
04-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Arrival day Saturday November 5th. We are staying at Kidani and on our first day we like to just relax and get used to the resort so I am thinking of eating at Boma or Saana. We only travel to WDW once a year and like to visit all four parks. We are not big on hopping simply because we prefer to stay all day at thevpark and not travel back and forth to the room. We dont go in the summer so we rarely have a problem with heat or having to go back for a swim. Usually it is too cold for swimming! I wish I had stayed put and enjoyed the resort restaurants more during our past visits. I have heard great things about both of these places, but I'd be more inclined towards Sanaa since it's not a buffet.
Sunday - we usually go to MK our first day and last year we did not eat at Crystal Palace. This is the one character meal my son really Loves so we are planning that. We enjoyed Crystal Palace, especially the spoon bread...and I usually hate spoon bread!
Monday - epcot which is my hubby favorite park now. I figured try to stay away on the weekend because of food and wine festival. We have never been to Biregarten so we were thinking of trying it. (the epcot restaurants we have been to are crystal palace, le cellier, tut to, and chef de France) We did Biergarten during our last visit in January, and my meating-eating husband and sons loved it! I liked it well enough. The entertainment, setting, and the service really were fantastic and made up for the food---just my opinion...my husband and kids would've pulled up a chair to the buffet if someone would've let them! :laughing:
Tuesday- animal kingdom day - dinner at whisperin canyon- since ak closes early we don't mind traveling to wilderness for dinner. No ideal what nights wishes is on yet. Might get hoppers if it doesnt work out to see it and spectromagic on the days we are at MK. I'd be willing to bet that you could see Wishes on Monday when you're at the MK and perhaps Main Street Electrical Parade, too. (I hear from MousePlanet that Spectro is in storage.) If you go to WL for dinner, maybe you would enjoy seeing the Electrical Water Pageant from the dock. It passes the WL at 9:35.
Wednesday- HS - we love HS but not the food there. We went to 50s last two years and it wasn't as good last year as the year before don't want to go back. Thinking of cape may. We went last year and hubby liked it. Either that or go to epcot for dinner. Looks like maybe we should get hoppers?? I'd avoid adding the hoppers just for dinner since they are pretty expensive. We liked Cape May in January, and there's also Kouzzina as a PP mentioned. Have you tried Mama Melrose in DHS? I was NOT excited about that ADR at all, but it has ended up being one of my very favorite TS restaurants.
Thursday- magic kingdom - thinking of liberty tree, never been there or ohanas. We have been to ohanas but again last year not as good as year before... We like LTT and love :lovestruc 'Ohanas! Have you tried The Wave? It is another best of the best! I've also heard great things about Kona.
Friday - epcot - via napoli, never been and would like to try. Also could Thursday and Friday if we think epcot too busy on Friday because of food and wine. I would probably switch my Epcot and MK days due to F &W. I haven't been to Via Napoli, but it is on my list to try next time. In Epcot, we've been to Chefs (okay) Le Cellier (outstanding) Biergarten (great-DH/kids, good-me) Teppan Edo (fantastic!)
Saturday - departure day - probably eat counter service at akl for lunch. We will use up a counter service meal that we don't use on arrival day. Flame Tree BBQ has good CS food and a lovely setting.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Hope this helps!

beroh2253
04-24-2011, 08:31 AM
We always get the hoppers because we end up most nights back in EPCOT because they have the best restaurants and then watch Illuminations from a different spot each night. We usually do Kona or Ohanna then watch Wishes from the beach along with the Water Parade. In May we are going for 4 nights without the dining plan using the AP discount on Fultons Crab House and San Angle for lunches and a place we have never been to we are going to Si Fi for Lunch.
In October we may to either do the QSDP or regular DDP not sure yet, but have ADRS for Dinners @ San Angle, Olivia s(never bee to yet), Coral Reef, Chefs le France, and Whispering Canyon(never been to yet either). Also a lunch at Le Cellier. But plenty of snacks at the Food and Wine Fest at that time of year so maybe the QSDP with 2 snack credits each day apiece and then cancel a few TS. Animal Kingdom we really like the Yak & Yeti last year. We want to try Big River Grill & Brew Works lots of different opinions there so maybe only do a Beer Flight. LAst year we did like the Wavbe in the Contemporary.
Just too many place we like?

disfanforlife
04-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Beroh, last year we stayed at beach club and we loved going back and forth to epcot a lot. But since we are staying at Kidani i thought we might not go back and forth as much. We went to the big river grill last year and my family enjoyed the food very much!

disfanforlife
04-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Crabby gal, I know what you mean. Sometimes I wish we would stay put and enjoy resort more. Last year we did that a bit more because we stayed at beach club and itvwascsuch an easy walk back and forth to epcot!
Spoon bread? What's that I don't remember remember seeing it. We have stayed at contemporary and kids loved watching electrical parade! If spectro is in storage, is there another night time parade going on? Still not sure about hoppers and no haven't tried mama melrose, but since we are going to via Napoli I don't think family wants Italian twice.....havent tried the wave either. Been to chef mickey a few times and don't want to go back there! Good idea for flame tree on departure day. Maybe we will break tradition and go to a park on departure day!! Thanks for all of the suggestions. Keep them coming I love it!

crabbygal902
04-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Crabby gal, I know what you mean. Sometimes I wish we would stay put and enjoy resort more. Last year we did that a bit more because we stayed at beach club and itvwascsuch an easy walk back and forth to epcot! I love the Beach Club for that reason...and the fantastic pool, of course!
Spoon bread? What's that I don't remember remember seeing it. Its official name is Fire Roasted Spoon Corn Bread. There are several recipes for it online, so I guess I'm not the only one who likes it. :) We have stayed at contemporary and kids loved watching electrical parade! Great view, isn't it? If spectro is in storage, is there another night time parade going on? The current parade is the Main Street Electrical Pageant. As you know, dates and times vary. We missed it during our January trip...just couldn't work the schedule to see it. Still not sure about hoppers and no haven't tried mama melrose, but since we are going to via Napoli I don't think family wants Italian twice.....havent tried the wave either. Ah, that makes sense...I wouldn't want Italian twice either. Have you considered Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club or the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club? My in-laws raved about CG and went back for 2 more meals during their January stay because they liked it so much.
Been to chef mickey a few times and don't want to go back there! This also makes sense to me! :lmao: Good idea for flame tree on departure day. Maybe we will break tradition and go to a park on departure day!! I just realized that you said AKL, not AK, in your original post. Sorry for the confusion! :headache: If you don't do a park on departure day and want something different than the Mara, my family's new favorite CS is Wolfgang Puck at DTD. Earl of Sandwich is yummy, too. Thanks for all of the suggestions. Keep them coming I love it! :thumbsup2

disfanforlife
04-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Yes great idea go downtown Disney! Also good for last minute souvenirs!! And goofy candyccompany, love that place. Plus I want to visit the giradelli shop too!!

crazygoalie39
04-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Arrival day Saturday November 5th. We are staying at Kidani and on our first day we like to just relax and get used to the resort so I am thinking of eating at Boma or Saana. We only travel to WDW once a year and like to visit all four parks. We are not big on hopping simply because we prefer to stay all day at thevpark and not travel back and forth to the room. We dont go in the summer so we rarely have a problem with heat or having to go back for a swim. Usually it is too cold for swimming!
Sunday - we usually go to MK our first day and last year we did not eat at Crystal Palace. This is the one character meal my son really Loves so we are planning that.
Monday - epcot which is my hubby favorite park now. I figured try to stay away on the weekend because of food and wine festival. We have never been to Biregarten so we were thinking of trying it. (the epcot restaurants we have been to are crystal palace, le cellier, tut to, and chef de France)
Tuesday- animal kingdom day - dinner at whisperin canyon- since ak closes early we don't mind traveling to wilderness for dinner. No ideal what nights wishes is on yet. Might get hoppers if it doesnt work out to see it and spectromagic on the days we are at MK.
Wednesday- HS - we love HS but not the food there. We went to 50s last two years and it wasn't as good last year as the year before don't want to go back. Thinking of cape may. We went last year and hubby liked it. Either that or go to epcot for dinner. Looks like maybe we should get hoppers??
Thursday- magic kingdom - thinking of liberty tree, never been there or ohanas. We have been to ohanas but again last year not as good as year before...
Friday - epcot - via napoli, never been and would like to try. Also could Thursday and Friday if we think epcot too busy on Friday because of food and wine.
Saturday - departure day - probably eat counter service at akl for lunch. We will use up a counter service meal that we don't use on arrival day.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

I would definitely do Biergarten, really fun. Whispering Canyon is great! I would suggest Mama Melrose's in DHS. We love it there. One of our favorites in WDW. Oops. Just read that you don't want another Italian restaurant. In that case, I would go with something in the BW/BC/YC area. I wouldn't go with Cape May though. Not that great IMO. I would suggest Captain's Grille or Beaches & Cream. LTT is probably the best TS in MK. I would suggest going for lunch though so you can get their burgers rather than the family feast. Via Napoli is a great choice as well! Awesome food and atmosphere.

LoveToTravel2001
04-24-2011, 06:56 PM
We love Kona Cafe at the Poly. I think sometimes the name- 'Cafe' throws people off. But food and service are great.