PDA

View Full Version : Tree falls; 23 injured

MrNonacho
05-04-2001, 10:25 PM
Just saw a quick glimpse of this on the local news here in Orlando. At least they're saying that none of the injuries are serious.

Read the story here (http://www.channel2000.com/sh/news/stories/nat-news-aptv-75625620010504-200552.html).

scrappinmom_2000
05-06-2001, 01:00 AM
We were napping in our hotel room during what the park was calling the "incident." It made the park very crowded until about 9:00 when Frontierland re-opened. The fantasmic showing at 9:00 was cancelled, so we stayed to see the 10:30, instead.

teri
05-06-2001, 01:34 AM
So, I take it things are pretty much back to normal operations then, if Fantasmic showed at 10:30.. that is a good sign. I hope that all the injured people are recovering in a much comfort as possible.

scrappinmom_2000
05-06-2001, 04:53 PM
Interesting (to me)...front page coverage on the Orange County Register newspaper, with a real big subscriber list. But nothing in our local paper or the L.A. Times. A secondary article in the Register indicated that park staff "cleaned out" alot of the area before police could arrive.

luvdsny
05-08-2001, 11:05 AM
Disney's 'hush hush policy' works!!!

We were right there...mom in Adventureland and DH and I on Main Street between Frontierland and Adventureland, but we didn't know what was going on.

The only thing that worried us were the 6 (count them....6!) helicopters hovering over Disneyland. Oh yeah, and an airplane (who couldn't 'hover' so it flying in circles over Disneyland).

It was scary to think that something was happening yet no one was talking about it or running away. :confused:

Never heard the sound of an ambulance, even though there were 4-6 there that took injured guests to area hospitals.....I guess those underground tunnels must be something else!!! :eek:

:) Made me smile when I read that non-injured guests were all pitching in to help the trapped and injured guests. Very 'Disney' if you ask me. :)

SweetP
05-09-2001, 03:08 PM
It really is amazing how Disney is able to downplay accidents that occur. We were in our hotel room when the "incident" happened. I heard several sirens pass our hotel room, HoJo, and was wondering what was going on. I just happened to flick the channel on the television to see that there was an accident. Not a long story at all but they did proceed to remind everyone of the accidents that have occurred in the park over the last couple of years.

It is really sad this occurred and I never received any other details as to what exactly happened and never saw any signs of an accident in the park.

tink2dw
05-12-2001, 04:11 AM
thanks for the link,as it also had a link to another page announcing the new star trek captian!! dh will be thrilled with this info!!