PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House or Yak & Yeti for lunch

3pletprincesses
04-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Dh and I go back and forth on this meal. I just don't know which on to pick anymore and yet our trip is in 9 days :upsidedow Both meals are still available online for decent times.

WDWisTheBest
04-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Dh and I go back and forth on this meal. I just don't know which on to pick anymore and yet our trip is in 9 days :upsidedow Both meals are still available online for decent times.

We prefer Tusker. Why not just let DH pick one or the other?

3pletprincesses
04-22-2011, 07:51 AM
If only it could be that easy... he'll change his mind 50 times before our trip depending on his mood LOL .

PoohsFan1
04-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Even though we have never been to either (been to the breakfast at Tusker House), I still chose Tusker House. There seems to be a lot of great reviews on the boards. Also, not that this will effect your decision, we have ADRs for lunch here as well....got the Nemo Musical reserved seating. We had thought about trying Yak and Yeti too, but DH was not really that thrilled, so I decided against it. Good luck.

DisneyFamily123
04-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Forget the buffet. The food was tasty at Tusker House... but I'm not big on buffets. Yak and Yeti was great. Super happy with everything -- service, delicious food. The Malaysian seafood curry I had this last trip was incredible... I still dream about it. For my next trip, I only have 1 day at AK, but I'm thinking of going there for a half day too... just so I can eat at Yak and Yeti twice!!! Read my review for more details and pics - link below.

koolaidmoms
04-22-2011, 10:39 AM
My family loves TH and my kids were disappointed when they found out I had not made a reservation for this trip. I may change one of my ADRs to surprise them. :)

OllieDannyandMe
04-22-2011, 11:44 AM
To me, the characters are what makes Tusker House special. The food is good at both breakfast and lunch, but I only enjoyed breakfast, because the atmosphere was so sorely lacking at lunch. We went for the reserved Nemo seating, and I was sorry that I did. Without the characters, the dining room just seemed empty and cold.

With the characters AND the good food, breakfast was wonderful at Tusker House. And our dinner was wonderful at Yak & Yeti--really good food. But our lunch at Tusker House was lackluster.

DisneyFamily123
04-22-2011, 01:10 PM
To me, the characters are what makes Tusker House special. The food is good at both breakfast and lunch, but I only enjoyed breakfast, because the atmosphere was so sorely lacking at lunch. We went for the reserved Nemo seating, and I was sorry that I did. Without the characters, the dining room just seemed empty and cold.

With the characters AND the good food, breakfast was wonderful at Tusker House. And our dinner was wonderful at Yak & Yeti--really good food. But our lunch at Tusker House was lackluster.

We like the characters at Tusker House too... but I'll only go if my reservation is 8am before the park opens at 9am. The same characters in Safari outfits are at the Mickey and Minnie greeting trail in Animal Kingdom.... never had long lines there but I guess there could be if you go during a busy time of year.... although I think the best time to do those greeting trails is during a Lion King Show. Before and after the shows, I think a lot of people do the character trails.

For food quality and service and decor.... Yak and Yeti is MUCH better.

jdisnut
04-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Another vote for Yak & Yeti -- it's definitely superior in food quality and atmosphere. I love the second-floor tables, munching on some cream cheese wontons and watching the world go by on the street below. Tusker House is a nice restaurant, and quite good for a buffet, but I don't think it's worthwhile for any meal other than breakfast.

Disneyfreak508
04-22-2011, 02:21 PM
You honestly can't go wrong... both of them are fantastic :goodvibes But I voted for Yak and Yeti because I LOVED the Shrimp Lo Mein. It was probably the best I've had anywhere.

KristiLyn
04-22-2011, 03:02 PM
We chose Tusker House with the Nemo musical. Yak & Yeti is a great choice too, but we ate there last trip and wanted to try Tusker :)

3pletprincesses
04-22-2011, 06:48 PM
thank you for the input. Yak & yeti will be for this trip and I'll try Tuskers for lunch next time.

Mamu
04-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Interesting, I'm a huge fan of Asian food, while I've never eaten at this TS restaurant I have eaten at the CS version and enjoyed it very much.

We always seem to have CS meals while at this park, our upcoming trip we are trying Tusker House for lunch. Will have to keep Yak & Yeti in mind for our next trip.

DaniB
04-23-2011, 06:43 AM
The Yak & Yeti looks great and the food sounds good. If you have been to Tusker's before, try Yak & Yeti. I made lunch ADRs just to try the cream-cheese wontons with pineapple & a drink.

I would love to eat lunch food as well, but I'm afraid I won't be that hungry by then. We are eating at Boma both for breakfast & dinner on the same day.

rznhal
04-23-2011, 08:18 AM
You honestly can't go wrong... both of them are fantastic :goodvibes But I voted for Yak and Yeti because I LOVED the Shrimp Lo Mein. It was probably the best I've had anywhere.

My Husband and I thought the same thing about the shrimp lo mein, it reminded us of PF changs. Had TONS of shrimp!! The food was excellent, great service, and i think i read somewhere if you make your adr at the right time you can watch the afternoon parade go by?? we are going at lunchtime this trip, but i think ill shoot for that next time! good luck!!

gopherlawyer
04-23-2011, 08:25 AM
I love Yak and Yeti. One of my most favorite meals in the World. Great food.