PDA

View Full Version : What about food?

DisneyHotDog
04-13-2011, 06:43 AM
Does anyone know what you do on a daily bases about eating while working and doing the CP at Disney? Is there a cafeteria for employees to eat in while at work. How about the night time? I know you can cook in your apartment but is there discount options for meals for employees at Disney? I know it can get expensive to eat out and I was just wondering my options.

disneymegs
04-13-2011, 07:38 AM
There are break rooms for you to eat in or if there is a backstage area outside you could eat outside. You just can't let any guests see you eat, drink, or purchase anything in your costume. You will get 20% off in most Disney restaurants with you cast i.d. You can book reservations on the Hub (cast website) and see if you can get your discount on the night you want to eat out. Sometimes your discount won't be available. Also, there are several places outside of Disney that give cast members a discount, like IHOP, Bucca di Beppo, and lots more. There is a list on the Hub.

t-ho
04-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Does anyone know what you do on a daily bases about eating while working and doing the CP at Disney? Is there a cafeteria for employees to eat in while at work. How about the night time? I know you can cook in your apartment but is there discount options for meals for employees at Disney? I know it can get expensive to eat out and I was just wondering my options.

I sincerely think the best idea is to pack your lunch. There are break rooms, cafeterias, and even subway available to CMs, but not only does it get repetitive, but the costs add up. I did have a sub 2 or 3 times a week, but for the most part i brought my lunch and people were always jealous that I had all these healthy snacks and "read" food. There are microwaves there just in case you aren't the best cook and bring hot pockets. That's just my opinion, I'd rather spend money on Mickey stuff than food :P

WDW_lover_in_SC
04-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Bringing your lunch saves money. If you don't really care about that then you can eat at the CM places. Some of them are kind of resonable.

druttaro
04-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Not every location has a place to buy food at night. I worked at AKL and the caf closed at 6pm. I could buy food from the gift shop as that's where I worked but others had to bring their own food.